Welcome Guest
The time is now 9:44 am
You last visited October 30, 2014, 9:38 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Windows Phone and Tablet support is here

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 2 years ago by J296133b.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
21588 Posts
Posted: December 29, 2012, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

UPDATE:  The site upgrade is complete, see the annoucement here.

Everyone who is currently suffering with somewhat buggy support in the Lottery Post site for your Windows Phone and Windows 8/RT tablet, help is on the way soon!

Thanks to recent purchases of a Microsoft Surface tablet and a Windows Phone, the technical folks in the Lottery Post labs (OK, it's just me here in the "lab", but I can dream...) have been able to figure out why the new Microsoft touch devices have been having some trouble.

The biggest and most immediate trouble one notices is that the menu bar does not operate properly, so it's impossible to choose anything in a drop-down menu.  Yeah, that's a pretty big problem.

The other thing one notices when coming to the site on a Windows Phone is that you just see the regular site — not the nice touch-optimized version that iPhone and Android visitors see.

When I fixed the part of the site that redirects Windows Phone visitors to the touch-optimized site, I discovered that the aging technology framework I cobbled together for the touch-friendly site just won't work on Windows Phone, so I had to take the drastic step of completely rebuilding the touch-friendly site using a completely different framework.

I'm happy to say that as of this evening, it is finally appearing to be in good shape (at least here in the "lab"), and is testing quite well with Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone.  Even better, the framework I chose to build the touch-friendly site in will be able to handle lots of other mobile devices too, like BlackBerry and others.  So I'll be able to roll those out in the future without too much difficulty.

I'm going to try to roll out the new stuff and fixes over the next couple of days.  I figure I have a at least a day or two more of testing and tweaking before it's 100% ready.

About Windows Phone

I thought I might post a few more words about the Windows Phone itself.

I had been looking forward to picking up a Windows Phone for testing, not only to fix the nagging problems here, but also to check out the phone itself — after hearing several very good reviews of Windows Phone 8.

So I purchased an HTC Windows Phone 8X from Verizon Wireless.  What a nice phone!

I have found Windows Phone 8 to be an absolutely fantastic mobile operating system.  It is so smooth and easy to use — at least as smooth as the iPhone, and light-years better than Android.

In fact, I enjoy using the Windows Phone much more than my "every day" phone — an iPhone 5.  Apple is still the best company at creating nearly flawless hardware, but the software that runs on it is now being given a run for their money.

I hope that the Windows Phone really takes off, because in my view it definitely deserves to.  If you're in the market for a new phone, I would give it serious consideration.

Here's a quick shot of the HTC 8X with the new LP for Windows Phone running in the browser.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Toney725's avatar - speedykat
    Stone Mountain, GA
    United States
    Member #3189
    January 1, 2004
    22358 Posts
    Posted: December 29, 2012, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
      Athens
      Greece
      Member #133239
      September 24, 2012
      129 Posts
      Posted: December 30, 2012, 6:34 am - IP Logged

Glad to read you enjoyed you new X8. WP8 is much better than iOS in many ways and I believe a lot of people would be pleasantly surprised if they get a chance to use one WP8 device. 

I really like HTC and by then end of next week I'll have the 8S; currently I'm using a Lumia 710 but I was impressed by an 8S a friend had.

Good luck and I'm sure that within a few days there won't be any "issues" for those who use WP devices.

All The Best.

6/49 dis(assembly)

marcie's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
        Ohio
        United States
        Member #49980
        February 21, 2007
        28817 Posts
        Posted: December 30, 2012, 10:29 am - IP Logged

It works find on the Android Phone which is my husbands phone, I never had any problem with my Windows Phone getting to Lotterypost untill reasonly  I can get to it but I can not sign in or reply. I just read this, I had emailed you telling you I couldn't sign in for my Windows phone, Ok, I see why now. but this just happened I use to be able to get to L.P. from my Winows phone. I can get to it but I can't sign in? It keep saying check your Browsier?

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

jrosina's avatar - k3 34.jpg
          New York,
          Panama
          Member #73078
          April 4, 2009
          3482 Posts
          Posted: December 31, 2012, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

UPDATE:  The site upgrade is complete, see the annoucement here.

Everyone who is currently suffering with somewhat buggy support in the Lottery Post site for your Windows Phone and Windows 8/RT tablet, help is on the way soon!

Thanks to recent purchases of a Microsoft Surface tablet and a Windows Phone, the technical folks in the Lottery Post labs (OK, it's just me here in the "lab", but I can dream...) have been able to figure out why the new Microsoft touch devices have been having some trouble.

The biggest and most immediate trouble one notices is that the menu bar does not operate properly, so it's impossible to choose anything in a drop-down menu.  Yeah, that's a pretty big problem.

The other thing one notices when coming to the site on a Windows Phone is that you just see the regular site — not the nice touch-optimized version that iPhone and Android visitors see.

When I fixed the part of the site that redirects Windows Phone visitors to the touch-optimized site, I discovered that the aging technology framework I cobbled together for the touch-friendly site just won't work on Windows Phone, so I had to take the drastic step of completely rebuilding the touch-friendly site using a completely different framework.

I'm happy to say that as of this evening, it is finally appearing to be in good shape (at least here in the "lab"), and is testing quite well with Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone.  Even better, the framework I chose to build the touch-friendly site in will be able to handle lots of other mobile devices too, like BlackBerry and others.  So I'll be able to roll those out in the future without too much difficulty.

I'm going to try to roll out the new stuff and fixes over the next couple of days.  I figure I have a at least a day or two more of testing and tweaking before it's 100% ready.

About Windows Phone

I thought I might post a few more words about the Windows Phone itself.

I had been looking forward to picking up a Windows Phone for testing, not only to fix the nagging problems here, but also to check out the phone itself — after hearing several very good reviews of Windows Phone 8.

So I purchased an HTC Windows Phone 8X from Verizon Wireless.  What a nice phone!

I have found Windows Phone 8 to be an absolutely fantastic mobile operating system.  It is so smooth and easy to use — at least as smooth as the iPhone, and light-years better than Android.

In fact, I enjoy using the Windows Phone much more than my "every day" phone — an iPhone 5.  Apple is still the best company at creating nearly flawless hardware, but the software that runs on it is now being given a run for their money.

I hope that the Windows Phone really takes off, because in my view it definitely deserves to.  If you're in the market for a new phone, I would give it serious consideration.

Here's a quick shot of the HTC 8X with the new LP for Windows Phone running in the browser.

"Thanks to recent purchases of a Microsoft Surface tablet and a Windows Phone, the technical folks in the Lottery Post labs (OK, it's just me here in the "lab", but I can dream...) have been able to figure out why the new Microsoft touch devices have been having some trouble."

Todd when I read this I  LMHofff...LOL.. but not to worry your dreams are closer to becoming real... stay strong Todd, Thank you for all your hard work, and we all wish you a Healthy, Joyful and Prosperous New Year!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
            Member #133467
            September 30, 2012
            5462 Posts
            Posted: December 31, 2012, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

This is great news to LP addicts as myself.

I don't know how you get it all done, but you do and we appreicate it much Thumbs Up

"Everything works  ONCE!"

taiwanlottery's avatar - bonesonfire
              Taichung
              Taiwan
              Member #114120
              July 24, 2011
              2384 Posts
              Posted: January 1, 2013, 6:42 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the fix. I was experiencing the problem.

Good choice for phone. HTC is a great Taiwanese company and make great phones.

Jack of all Games, Master of None!

United States
                Member #124498
                March 14, 2012
                7024 Posts
                Posted: January 1, 2013, 6:48 am - IP Logged

Glad to read you enjoyed you new X8. WP8 is much better than iOS in many ways and I believe a lot of people would be pleasantly surprised if they get a chance to use one WP8 device. 

I really like HTC and by then end of next week I'll have the 8S; currently I'm using a Lumia 710 but I was impressed by an 8S a friend had.

Good luck and I'm sure that within a few days there won't be any "issues" for those who use WP devices.

All The Best.

ScaredΨÍΕΓЕŠΡÉÅΚScared

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
                  Athens
                  Greece
                  Member #133239
                  September 24, 2012
                  129 Posts
                  Posted: January 1, 2013, 11:56 am - IP Logged

ScaredΨÍΕΓЕŠΡÉÅΚScared

Some things just don't get along... You and, "tech stuff/talk" I imagine?

6/49 dis(assembly)

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                    upstate NY
                    United States
                    Member #108795
                    March 31, 2011
                    541 Posts
                    Posted: January 1, 2013, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

(My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, but I figured as long as we're talking about mobile access...)

Todd, have you ever tried using LP in Chrome on iOS?  The site works fine in Safari, but in Chrome the only option that exists is "Go to main site" and it doesn't do anything when you tap it.

I'm running the most current version of both iOS (6.0.2) and Chrome (23.0.1271.100) on an iPhone 5.

States do not win the lottery.  PEOPLE win the lottery.

Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      21588 Posts
                      Posted: January 1, 2013, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

(My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, but I figured as long as we're talking about mobile access...)

Todd, have you ever tried using LP in Chrome on iOS?  The site works fine in Safari, but in Chrome the only option that exists is "Go to main site" and it doesn't do anything when you tap it.

I'm running the most current version of both iOS (6.0.2) and Chrome (23.0.1271.100) on an iPhone 5.

Yup, that is fixed in the new version of LP I will be installing.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
                        Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #49980
                        February 21, 2007
                        28817 Posts
                        Posted: January 1, 2013, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

It just keep saying Please wait checking your System?  Still nothing happening I don't know if it is my Phone or what  but I use to be able to get it? It works fine on my Husbands Phone. Happy New Year Todd can you please answer my question?  Wow thanks Todd that reply was pretty fast, Ok, I will check that out too about the cookies.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          21588 Posts
                          Posted: January 1, 2013, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

It just keep saying Please wait checking your System?  Still nothing happening I don't know if it is my Phone or what  but I use to be able to get it? It works fine on my Husbands Phone. Happy New Year Todd can you please answer my question?  Wow thanks Todd that reply was pretty fast, Ok, I will check that out too about the cookies.

I'll make another announcement when the new version is installed.  As I mentioned in my initial post:  "I'm going to try to roll out the new stuff and fixes over the next couple of days.  I figure I have a at least a day or two more of testing and tweaking before it's 100% ready."

In the meantime, check to be sure you have not disabled cookies on your phone.  In the Internet Explorer settings on the phone, click the Advanced button, then make sure the Cookies option is set to either "Accept All" or "Block Some".

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                            Member #4877
                            May 30, 2004
                            4641 Posts
                            Posted: January 1, 2013, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Todd:

Let's Roll>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!

psykomo

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                              upstate NY
                              United States
                              Member #108795
                              March 31, 2011
                              541 Posts
                              Posted: January 1, 2013, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

Cool, thanks.  Thumbs Up  Cheers

States do not win the lottery.  PEOPLE win the lottery.