Welcome Guest
The time is now 2:16 pm
You last visited September 22, 2014, 2:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Windows Phone and Tablet support is here

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 2 years ago by J296133b.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
BengalKitty's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
AL
United States
Member #136895
December 21, 2012
24 Posts
Posted: January 5, 2013, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

My iPad has trouble on here at times. If I make an error and I hit backspace, I cannot type anymore on the post. It only does it on here. Has anyone else said anything about this? I mainly come on here using my iPad so I can't post as much because of this issue.

"I want to be a Millionaire so very bad" Big Smile

The Monopoly Jingle

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    21537 Posts
    Posted: January 5, 2013, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

My iPad has trouble on here at times. If I make an error and I hit backspace, I cannot type anymore on the post. It only does it on here. Has anyone else said anything about this? I mainly come on here using my iPad so I can't post as much because of this issue.

You're right, the iPad does not do very well with the text editor.  I'd reocmmend if you're going to use the iPad a lot that you disable the rich text editor, and just use the Simple Codes editor.  Click Account Settings in the Options menu, then un-check the rich text editor option, then click Save at the bottom.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      21537 Posts
      Posted: January 5, 2013, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

I do have some more information about using the text editor on an iPad.

The iPad's support for advanced text editing has only been around since iOS 5, so it's still a bit buggy.  There is a work-around if the cursor "freezes up", and when you type letters on the keyboard nothing changes.

To "un-freeze" it, click the button in the bottom-right corner of the on-screen keyboard, which makes the keyboard go away.  Then, click into the text editor again to start typing again.

Unfortunately, if there is anything on the same page as a text editor that responds to touch, then it exposes this text entry freezing problem.  And the Lottery Post blue menu bar responds to touch in order to show the menus.

So the only ways I have come up with to deal with this are:

1. Keep everything the way it is, and dismiss the keyboard and re-enter the text entry space to make it come back (the work-around described above).
      2. Not show the menu bar on any pages with a text editor.
      3. Switch to the Simple Codes editor for the iPad.

So #1 and #3 are things that can be controlled by you, but implementing #2 is something I would have to do on my end.

What do you think?  Should I disable the blue menu bar for pages that have a text editor? (For iPad users only, of course)  The pages with text editors do have a Cancel button that brings you back to the previous page, so maybe it makes sense until Apple decides to fix the bug.

J296133b's avatar - animal whale.jpg
        America
        United States
        Member #121872
        January 18, 2012
        2019 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2013, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

Is there any support for HP-Touch tablet. I use to be able to log on to lottery post and now I cannot. Any help will greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pets: 815,217,218,804,101,872,227

"I ain't broke just in between blessings"

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          21537 Posts
          Posted: January 10, 2013, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

Is there any support for HP-Touch tablet. I use to be able to log on to lottery post and now I cannot. Any help will greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry, I'm stumped on this right now.  I tested the login on an HP TouchPad, and I see the problem you're having -- the login never proceeds after you click the Login button.  Unfortunately the HP tablet has no kind of debugging tools for it, so I have to try and guess what the problem might be, and then through trial and error try and pinpoint it.  So far I have had no luck.  Making matters worse, the login feature works just fine in my development server -- it just isn't working on the production server.

J296133b's avatar - animal whale.jpg
            America
            United States
            Member #121872
            January 18, 2012
            2019 Posts
            Posted: January 12, 2013, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd will keep trying as well maybe