Welcome Guest
The time is now 10:05 pm
You last visited September 2, 2014, 10:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Part of a Pool?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
Member #134632
November 2, 2012
728 Posts
Posted: January 7, 2013, 7:04 am - IP Logged

Was anyone here a part of a lottery pool, how big and what was the experience?

Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
    Member #134632
    November 2, 2012
    728 Posts
    Posted: January 7, 2013, 7:39 am - IP Logged

Myself, I was once part of a lottery pool at the shop where I worked. I was young and never payed really close attention what went on with the pool. I never seen the tickets, or which numbers they had, never checked what was winning combination or what lottery game it actually was. I vaguely remember as if someone told me that there was no win, that's all.

If I was now a part of a pool, I'd be checking everything to make sure I am not fooled.

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
      Columbus, Ohio
      United States
      Member #128911
      June 5, 2012
      420 Posts
      Posted: January 7, 2013, 8:40 am - IP Logged

I started one but's its not easy keeping people interested.  GL

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #133467
        September 30, 2012
        5462 Posts
        Posted: January 7, 2013, 8:59 am - IP Logged

Okay Okay.

We all have a PAST.

I was part of a Lotto MAX Pool once for one drawing. We had a thorough agreement and rolled over the small wins until we got to nil. LPers know I am anti pool, but I got inspired that one time to follow my mantra: "Everything Works Once".

"Everything works  ONCE!"

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106669
          February 22, 2011
          17060 Posts
          Posted: January 7, 2013, 9:27 am - IP Logged

i went to the pool last week.Smiley

Columbia, SC
            United States
            Member #135290
            November 21, 2012
            584 Posts
            Posted: January 7, 2013, 9:33 am - IP Logged

When PB gets really high, the girls I work with all pitch in 20 bucks each . There are about 5 of us. I go out and by the tickets and make xeroxed copies of them. We all sign the back and I made up a contract that we all sign. I know this may sound extreme, but I've heard too many horror stories. Most of the time when I pool with them, I select the quck pick option, but I do let them know in advance that I may purchase some tickets on my own where I select my own numbers, and inform them they can do the same. Those tickets would not be included in the pool.

But I'm such a giving person that if I won on my own, I'd probably still give them some cuz I'm nice like that.Blue Angel

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              2790 Posts
              Posted: January 7, 2013, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

i run 2 small ones. one with 4 of my family on it, and myself. and other only with a pal and me in it. the other i used to run with 4 otheres is now ran by one of the other guys , and is reduced to only 3 of us members.

so im in 3 and  I run 2 of them. I have got the 2 pools i run all depositing their monthly fees into a bank account specific for that pool and any winnings get deposited into the bank account also. the bank keeps all the paper work for  me,. Oh the bank is online transactions, and  i also bank my own money there.

so there are no fees involved trasnfering from 1 account to another within the bank. also interest rates on it are %4.7 here. so any spare cash is building up the balance.

let the legal actions commence if I or any  WIN I GUESSS.

still i get to bank pick most of my own numbers, and reduce the cost.

2014 winnings

JAN -$48.50;  FEB  -$77.5; MAR -$18.05;  APR -$96.05 MAY -$61.10; JUN $-85; JUL $-88.9;AUG -$144.10

yearly grand totalspent = 938.05won= 318.8-$619.25

United States
                Member #138503
                January 29, 2013
                10 Posts
                Posted: January 29, 2013, 3:59 am - IP Logged

In Az we have a company PowerPick, that just does lottery pools.  Only for Az state residents.  They buy the tickets and keep the members updated.  I belong to a 6 week pool for Powerball, MegaMillion and our local Pick (6/44).  they list all the numbers to be played on what dates for the next 6 weeks and I get a printout in advance.

So far I was in a pool of 10 that won a Pick 5 and we won $247,000. once.  Minimum wins in the big games, but all the cash is divided up and we can add to our payments or take a check.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                  Listens to the wind

United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  19293 Posts
                  Posted: January 29, 2013, 8:03 am - IP Logged

We do a family lottery pool every once in awhile, the most we won was a couple hundred dollars, we usually all chip in 20 each, there's 12 of us, we get half qp's and half hand picked numbers.

There's only one US Flag

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    9029 Posts
                    Posted: January 29, 2013, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

There are several thread here on LP, mostly in Lottery News, about a pool having a winning ticket and someone who had been in the pool previously deciding they deserve a share of the winnings.

Someone even commented that if you want to have a share of a winning ticket and wait a long time to get paid (because of lawsuits) go ahead and join a lottery pool.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.