Welcome Guest
The time is now 5:58 pm
You last visited October 23, 2014, 5:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto System Development Simplified

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 2 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
Atchafalaya Basin
United States
Member #90218
April 24, 2010
10621 Posts
Posted: January 15, 2013, 11:28 am - IP Logged

"All this Probability and Theory are meaningless."

I'm sorry you feel this way CajunWin4.  It doesn't bode well for your chances of success in the endeavors suggested in this post...

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/247020/2880981 

...but you might find it interesting nonetheless.

--Jimmy4164

jimmy4164 ,

I've  done very well in beating these games without Probabilty and Theory on game play involved in my System ..How many times have you Predicted in Pick 5 games 5 out 5 , 4 out 5 , 3 out 5 and 2 out 5 ???

CW4

jimmy4164's avatar - andy warhol.jpg
    State of Mind
    United States
    Member #93949
    July 10, 2010
    2175 Posts
    Posted: January 15, 2013, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

jimmy4164 ,

I've  done very well in beating these games without Probabilty and Theory on game play involved in my System ..How many times have you Predicted in Pick 5 games 5 out 5 , 4 out 5 , 3 out 5 and 2 out 5 ???

CW4

I've never tried, and consequently, never "Predicted" a lottery draw result.  I got lucky one time in the PA Cash 5 and matched 4/5 with a Quickpick.  Since I've never matched 5/5, my ROI is under 50% in this game.  It sounds like you've had the good fortune to do better.  Congratulations!

United States
      Member #116348
      September 8, 2011
      2348 Posts
      Posted: January 15, 2013, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

Lakerben,

I want to stick with this simple (5,2) model until the probabilities  of winning with subset selection can be compared to the obvious one in ten chance of a "Jackpot" when 2 numbers for a ticket are chosen purely at random.  I'm still waiting for someone else to do it, preferably someone who believes the subset approach will be superior.

--Jimmy4164

Average life expectancy of humans are short compare to odds of large scale matrix. Flipping a coin 100 x, theoritically tells me the ratio is 0.5, but the ratio could be 20/80 or 40/60 or 80/20. The theoritical ratio will even out as you increase the flips (but my life span is short). Statistics and Probabilty may seem mutually inclusive, but they are completely two different concepts(Everything lies with interpretation of probability) . A data is more on the physical side, probability is more of  inference, hence the intuition of human brain sets in. I love this topic, hope guys will address the concept of this thread ' Reduce model', the pros and cons in open-minded way,  devoid of any condescency from both sides, is all about sharing. 

Atchafalaya Basin
        United States
        Member #90218
        April 24, 2010
        10621 Posts
        Posted: January 15, 2013, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

Then what is the use of this INFORMATION ?  It can't help us Win . It just some reading material for People on Probabilty and Theory . It's really of NO USE !!! I have done Ok in my Predictions and Wins from my own System , Method and  Theories on games .

United States
          Member #116348
          September 8, 2011
          2348 Posts
          Posted: January 15, 2013, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Then what is the use of this INFORMATION ?  It can't help us Win . It just some reading material for People on Probabilty and Theory . It's really of NO USE !!! I have done Ok in my Predictions and Wins from my own System , Method and  Theories on games .

The question posed is  whether 'reduced model can increase the odds in winning?',  over larger matrix. Is not whether you've done well with your predictions or not. If you are gathering data and selecting picks whether by stats(graphs,skips,sum, +1,-1 etc) or  intuition (probabilty base on choosen data), you're still  using information.What am saying is,  every ideal should be given a thought, some may choose not to comment, but if one choose to comment , start with the subject in question , give reason why the premise of concept is right or wrong without condescency, afterall, this a forum to share ideals, and ideals are information. I believe in the reduced model, and I can explain my  thoughts on that, some may have opposite view and point out the flaws by countering  with their views. You just can't say is wrong without explanation, and then result to personal verbiage(not you, have read comments not related to the subject between members and is not pretty!) when asked to explain. 

State of Mind
            United States
            Member #93949
            July 10, 2010
            2175 Posts
            Posted: January 16, 2013, 1:39 am - IP Logged

CajunWin4,

The purpose of the (5,2) Lotto is to provide you with a model to use in testing Lotto System ideas.  For example, if Stack47 were to translate his ideas involving 19,000 sets of 28 numbers to the scaled down  (5,2) world here of 5 sets of 4 numbers, we might be able to see more clearly just what he is hypothesizing.

--Jimmy4164

Atchafalaya Basin
              United States
              Member #90218
              April 24, 2010
              10621 Posts
              Posted: January 16, 2013, 1:42 am - IP Logged

Jimmy4164 ,

What you need to do is Convert the Drawn Lines into their Deltas for this to work ....

CW4

HOW IT WORKS:

It's actually very simple. The idea occurred to me when I thought about how a computer software program would store a winning lotto, keno or lottery number on disk. Storage space is always an issue with computers, so data compression is used whenever possible. To compress a lotto number, the software might store the "delta" of each number instead of the lotto number itself.

What's a delta? The delta is the difference between a number and the previous number.

For example, look at this winning lotto number:

3-9-18-19-27-33

Now here is the same number, represented as deltas:

3-6-9-1-8-6

All the numbers are smaller, yet it still represents, and can be converted back into the same winning lotto number!

I created this number by subtracting each of the lotto numbers from the number right before it. The first number is still three because there is no number previous to three. For the second number, 9-3=6, third number, 18-9=9, fourth number, 19-18=1, fifth number, 27-19=8 , and sixth number, 33-27=6.

To turn the delta numbers back into the original winning lotto number or keno number, we do a series of simple additions, always adding the result of the addition just done to the next number in the series: The first number is 3, second number, 3+6=9, third number, 9+9=18, fourth number, 18+1=19, fifth number,19+8=27, sixth number, 27+6=33.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

It means that you can pick lotto numbers and keno numbers by guessing numbers between 1 and 15 instead of 1 and 50! Numbers higher than 15 will occur, but 90% of the time they don't! Please bear in mind that all the examples on this page assume a six-digit game, with numbers from 1 - 50. The values in these examples will vary, based on your game (the software can adjust these values automatically.)

WHAT'S HAPPENING? WHY DOES THIS WORK?

It works because the smaller numbers represent the typical distribution of winning keno and lotto numbers. In other words, in a six digit game like this, the numbers are usually spaced 1-15 digits from each other. Since this spacing stays somewhat consistent from winning number to winning number, our scheme to represent them as smaller delta numbers works.

By guessing deltas that follow our rules instead of guessing the keno or lotto numbers themselves, your guess will have the same number distribution characteristics as other winning numbers. Does this give you an advantage? Well, read on.

WAIT! THERE'S MORE! IT GETS BETTER!

I studied the distribution of delta numbers in a year's worth of winning numbers from the New York, California and Michigan lotteries. When I did this, I discovered something exciting but at first, truly puzzling. They are not randomly distributed, but instead have a clear bias toward smaller numbers!

This chart shows the distribution of delta numbers in several months' worth of Michigan lotto drawings:

01 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 02 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 03 ++++++++++++++++++++ 04 +++++++++++++++++++++++ 05 +++++++++++++++++++++++ 06 +++++++++++++++++ 07 ++++++++++++++++++++ 08 ++++++++++ 09 +++++++++++ 10 ++++++++++ 11 +++++ 12 +++++++++++ 13 ++++++ 14 ++++++++ 15 ++++ 16 ++++++ 17 ++++ 18 + 19 ++ 20 +++++ 21 ++ 22 23 24 +

It turns out that nearly 60% of the time, a delta calculated from a winning number will be SIX or less! 30% of the time, the delta will be THREE or less!

In fact, ONE is the single most popular number, occurring almost 15% of the time. That translates to more than half the time in any given six-number pick. The predominance of the number ONE means that adjacent number pairing in winning lotto numbers must be quite common (and it is quite common, just look at any series of winning lotto numbers.)

Therefore, most of the Delta numbers you will be guessing can be picked from an even smaller set of numbers!

Why the low number bias exists in our calculated delta numbers is a challenge to explain. I expected to find a nice even distribution, perhaps clustered around 7 or 8, since that would be the average spacing when 50 is divided by six numbers. Instead, I see numbers below 8 coming up much more often. Why?

Well, there are valid statistical reasons this happens. When you consider that the sum of all the Deltas have to add up to the highest lotto digit, it's apparent that there isn't room for many large numbers. But the patterns I'm seeing still often seem out-of-the-ordinary. One possibility is that the balls in many lotto picking machines at times do not thoroughly mix. The excess of small delta numbers, and especially the predominance of ONE, mean that balls that went in the lotto machine next to each other are coming up together! It's not obvious in the lotto numbers themselves, but the delta calculation reveals the pattern.

To visualize this, imagine a lotto number machine where the balls all enter lined up in numerical order (like they do here in Michigan.) Now imagine that the numbers are picked without mixing the balls. What would happen? Well the picks would still be somewhat random, of course. But the balls nearest the exit ports of the machine would be the ones most likely to be picked. And All the balls near the exit port are consecutive numbers, since that's how they went into the machine. You might not know what numbers they are. But if you track Deltas, those number pairs would show up as ones. Now, this is an extreme example. But if the balls don't mix enough, you can see how some of these tendencies could remain.

Lending support to this theory are apparent trends (look at the raw data) in the frequency of number ONE in the deltas. The beginning of the chart shows lots of ones. Later on, they taper off, then start appearing more often again. This sort of behavior might occur with changes in the operation of the lotto machine. Perhaps some weeks the balls are allowed to mix longer than at other times, owing to TV schedules or other factors. An astute observer might pay attention to these trends and play lots of adjacent pairs when there are many delta ONEs coming up.

bgonçalves
                Brasil
                Member #92566
                June 9, 2010
                1503 Posts
                Posted: January 16, 2013, 5:20 am - IP Logged

Helo, cajun, very good job of deltas, can, do, deltas, with even numbers of a lottery, with the odd and the mixed pairs and odd together (which is what this now) lack see if delta pair to pair and delta with odd and odd
                  Example of odd and odd
                15-35 = 10 and 35 - 47 = 12
                Odd and Odd = 10.12
                Pair and pair
                06/08/12
                And mixed even and odd
                Cajun, the base can also use the position on 49/6 have 6 positions

State of Mind
                  United States
                  Member #93949
                  July 10, 2010
                  2175 Posts
                  Posted: January 16, 2013, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy4164 ,

What you need to do is Convert the Drawn Lines into their Deltas for this to work ....

CW4

HOW IT WORKS:

It's actually very simple. The idea occurred to me when I thought about how a computer software program would store a winning lotto, keno or lottery number on disk. Storage space is always an issue with computers, so data compression is used whenever possible. To compress a lotto number, the software might store the "delta" of each number instead of the lotto number itself.

What's a delta? The delta is the difference between a number and the previous number.

3-9-18-19-27-33

3-6-9-1-8-6

All the numbers are smaller, yet it still represents, and can be converted back into the same winning lotto number!

I created this number by subtracting each of the lotto numbers from the number right before it. The first number is still three because there is no number previous to three. For the second number, 9-3=6, third number, 18-9=9, fourth number, 19-18=1, fifth number, 27-19=8 , and sixth number, 33-27=6.

To turn the delta numbers back into the original winning lotto number or keno number, we do a series of simple additions, always adding the result of the addition just done to the next number in the series: The first number is 3, second number, 3+6=9, third number, 9+9=18, fourth number, 18+1=19, fifth number,19+8=27, sixth number, 27+6=33.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

It means that you can pick lotto numbers and keno numbers by guessing numbers between 1 and 15 instead of 1 and 50! Numbers higher than 15 will occur, but 90% of the time they don't! Please bear in mind that all the examples on this page assume a six-digit game, with numbers from 1 - 50. The values in these examples will vary, based on your game (the software can adjust these values automatically.)

It works because the smaller numbers represent the typical distribution of winning keno and lotto numbers. In other words, in a six digit game like this, the numbers are usually spaced 1-15 digits from each other. Since this spacing stays somewhat consistent from winning number to winning number, our scheme to represent them as smaller delta numbers works.

By guessing deltas that follow our rules instead of guessing the keno or lotto numbers themselves, your guess will have the same number distribution characteristics as other winning numbers. Does this give you an advantage? Well, read on.

I studied the distribution of delta numbers in a year's worth of winning numbers from the New York, California and Michigan lotteries. When I did this, I discovered something exciting but at first, truly puzzling. They are not randomly distributed, but instead have a clear bias toward smaller numbers!

This chart shows the distribution of delta numbers in several months' worth of Michigan lotto drawings:

01 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 02 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 03 ++++++++++++++++++++ 04 +++++++++++++++++++++++ 05 +++++++++++++++++++++++ 06 +++++++++++++++++ 07 ++++++++++++++++++++ 08 ++++++++++ 09 +++++++++++ 10 ++++++++++ 11 +++++ 12 +++++++++++ 13 ++++++ 14 ++++++++ 15 ++++ 16 ++++++ 17 ++++ 18 + 19 ++ 20 +++++ 21 ++ 22 23 24 +

It turns out that nearly 60% of the time, a delta calculated from a winning number will be SIX or less! 30% of the time, the delta will be THREE or less!

In fact, ONE is the single most popular number, occurring almost 15% of the time. That translates to more than half the time in any given six-number pick. The predominance of the number ONE means that adjacent number pairing in winning lotto numbers must be quite common (and it is quite common, just look at any series of winning lotto numbers.)

Therefore, most of the Delta numbers you will be guessing can be picked from an even smaller set of numbers!

Why the low number bias exists in our calculated delta numbers is a challenge to explain. I expected to find a nice even distribution, perhaps clustered around 7 or 8, since that would be the average spacing when 50 is divided by six numbers. Instead, I see numbers below 8 coming up much more often. Why?

Well, there are valid statistical reasons this happens. When you consider that the sum of all the Deltas have to add up to the highest lotto digit, it's apparent that there isn't room for many large numbers. But the patterns I'm seeing still often seem out-of-the-ordinary. One possibility is that the balls in many lotto picking machines at times do not thoroughly mix. The excess of small delta numbers, and especially the predominance of ONE, mean that balls that went in the lotto machine next to each other are coming up together! It's not obvious in the lotto numbers themselves, but the delta calculation reveals the pattern.

To visualize this, imagine a lotto number machine where the balls all enter lined up in numerical order (like they do here in Michigan.) Now imagine that the numbers are picked without mixing the balls. What would happen? Well the picks would still be somewhat random, of course. But the balls nearest the exit ports of the machine would be the ones most likely to be picked. And All the balls near the exit port are consecutive numbers, since that's how they went into the machine. You might not know what numbers they are. But if you track Deltas, those number pairs would show up as ones. Now, this is an extreme example. But if the balls don't mix enough, you can see how some of these tendencies could remain.

Lending support to this theory are apparent trends (look at the raw data) in the frequency of number ONE in the deltas. The beginning of the chart shows lots of ones. Later on, they taper off, then start appearing more often again. This sort of behavior might occur with changes in the operation of the lotto machine. Perhaps some weeks the balls are allowed to mix longer than at other times, owing to TV schedules or other factors. An astute observer might pay attention to these trends and play lots of adjacent pairs when there are many delta ONEs coming up.

"I studied the distribution of delta numbers in a year's worth of winning numbers from the New York, California and Michigan lotteries."

If you think for a while about the thousands of years that must transpire before all the possible combinations of most lotteries have been drawn, you will understand why I highlighted "a year's worth" above.

United States
                    Member #137433
                    January 3, 2013
                    469 Posts
                    Posted: January 16, 2013, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

Youll are sOme smart guys

bgonçalves
                      Brasil
                      Member #92566
                      June 9, 2010
                      1503 Posts
                      Posted: January 16, 2013, 1:53 pm - IP Logged
                      Hello, cajum, your example of deltas, is done horizontally
                      You can do well in the penultimate vertical with the ultimate giveaway
                      Example =
                      10, 15, 25, 35, 42.48
                      05, 12, 26, 36, 45.49 = ultimate giveaway
                      Vertically from 1st position we have 12-5 = 7 as well with the other position vertically
                      So looks like = .1 .1 .1, .3 5.3
                      Then normal delta d the ultimate giveaway = 05, 14, 10, 7, 9.4
                      Vertical Delta by position = 5, 3, 1, 1, 3.1
                      Lack of separate, and odd pairs
                      Let's Cajum a way of crossing horizontal and in normal delta delta vertically, to find a common demoninador
                        lakerben's avatar - waveform
                        New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #86100
                        January 29, 2010
                        8503 Posts
                        Posted: January 16, 2013, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy4164 ,

CW4

HOW IT WORKS:

3-9-18-19-27-33

3-6-9-1-8-6

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Excellent explanation!!

Thumbs Up

No bs, just numbers.

Patriot

United States
                          Member #116348
                          September 8, 2011
                          2348 Posts
                          Posted: January 16, 2013, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

"I studied the distribution of delta numbers in a year's worth of winning numbers from the New York, California and Michigan lotteries."

If you think for a while about the thousands of years that must transpire before all the possible combinations of most lotteries have been drawn, you will understand why I highlighted "a year's worth" above.

Thousand years!, I don't want wait that long for eventual combo to drop when dealing with a fluid/conditional concept like probability(more of inference concept based on choosen physical data, data deals with statistics, which can be extrapolated ). Probability is not a physical concept, and its definition is not absolute, but left to interpretation. The member CAJUN gave detailed explanation why the trend at a moment should be  a subscale model(model should be dynamic, depending on TREND DATA).

State of Mind
                            United States
                            Member #93949
                            July 10, 2010
                            2175 Posts
                            Posted: January 16, 2013, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Thousand years!, I don't want wait that long for eventual combo to drop when dealing with a fluid/conditional concept like probability(more of inference concept based on choosen physical data, data deals with statistics, which can be extrapolated ). Probability is not a physical concept, and its definition is not absolute, but left to interpretation. The member CAJUN gave detailed explanation why the trend at a moment should be  a subscale model(model should be dynamic, depending on TREND DATA).

And just what do you suspect could cause a TREND in the DATA?  I'm not persuaded by the idea that the configuration of the balls in the machine before the fans are turned on can have any measurable effect on the results.

United States
                              Member #116348
                              September 8, 2011
                              2348 Posts
                              Posted: January 16, 2013, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

And just what do you suspect could cause a TREND in the DATA?  I'm not persuaded by the idea that the configuration of the balls in the machine before the fans are turned on can have any measurable effect on the results.

The cause generating a Momentary trend could be many factors, but  am not concerned. What am concerned is the transitional data(could last a certain time, remember my life span is short with regard to large matrix odds). Like I said,  stats and probabilty may seem mutually inclusive , but two completely different concepts. Stats deals with data(physical and dynamic), probability is more of inference , base on  a data(Physical and dynamic).Since probability is a conditonal concept, i have the pleasure of elasticity with my data trend.

See ,I play the pick 3 mostly with pool size 0-7, but sometimes 0-6 ,depending on the  draw digits range(Trend), and make decent sum every month. The clue is when you downsize  your pool, your betting strategy has to change.