Welcome Guest
The time is now 1:06 pm
You last visited October 31, 2014, 12:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Any CA Hot Spot (keno) players?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 2 years ago by debron.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
Los Angeles, California
United States
Member #103816
January 5, 2011
1530 Posts
Posted: January 15, 2013, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

I only tried it a few times before, but since they have the higher payouts promotion on Bulls-Eye this month, I have been playing it more. Gives better overall return and payback now similar to Scratchers with the increased Bulls-Eye payouts.

Since they added Hot spot results on the CA Lottery webpage later last year, it does make it possible to verify your winnings if you did not want to wait around in the liquor store and follow the monitor for the whole time. They post a day later though, but better than what they had before.(nuthin...) They should also offer a daily download though, for bulk checking.

But I have been noticing a discrepancy in what the ticket scans/redeems at the store, and what the results show you would win on the website. Anyone else?

I also noticed some discrepancies on the website with regards to posted overall odds, which can be misleading.

United States
    Member #136153
    December 4, 2012
    99 Posts
    Posted: January 18, 2013, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

I just started playing this game.

Regarding the discrepancies... are you asking for a cash receipt with your winnings? If so, that is strange. It should be the same, unless they have many errors somewhere. If you're not getting a cash receipt, then I would go to another store because something is fishy at that store.

What do you play? How many picks? How many games at a time?

Los Angeles, California
      United States
      Member #103816
      January 5, 2011
      1530 Posts
      Posted: January 18, 2013, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

I just started playing this game.

Regarding the discrepancies... are you asking for a cash receipt with your winnings? If so, that is strange. It should be the same, unless they have many errors somewhere. If you're not getting a cash receipt, then I would go to another store because something is fishy at that store.

What do you play? How many picks? How many games at a time?

Luckily the discrepancy was they were paying a few bucks too much, so I didn't make a fuss. ;)

But still, I don't like it when things don't add up properly. So I looked into it some more and found that the CA Lottery website has some incorrect prize values shown. I notified them of this but they haven't responded yet. Some example prize values I have come across that are wrong, for 10-spot at least (which is all I play) are:

match 6/10: shown on website as $12, should be $15

match 6/10+Bulls-eye: shown on website as $62, should be $65

Basically they goofed when they updated the website last month for this special "Hotter" Bulls-eye payouts promotion, and they somehow got some lower amounts mixed in the totals there. This is the 3rd revision to the prizes for Hot Spot since the new version was released last year.

I also noted that if they really wanted to promote Bulls-eye play, they should revise their stated overall odds. Right not they have overall odds for Hot Spot as 1 in 9.1 which is correct.(9.05 to be precise) But they have the w/Bulls-eye listed as 1 in 8.0 which is kind of misleading. Yes, if you pick 10 spots out of 80 then your odds of having a bulls-eye will be 1 in 8, DUH! This makes no practical sense and does not relate to any specific prize or overall odds like all the other odds quoted for games. What they should do is state a correct 1 in 4.25 odds overall for Bulls-eye play, that might entice more players. That is close to Scratchers overall odds, which is the best of any lottery game. They said they would look into it.

You really should play with Bulls-eye all the time, it is better than just Hot Spot alone. Better overall return, and overall 1 in 4.25 versus 1 in 9.05. Sure, you spend twice as much (or half as many plays) but you get more hit percentage and the overall return is better, especially during this promotion.

Los Angeles, California
        United States
        Member #103816
        January 5, 2011
        1530 Posts
        Posted: January 18, 2013, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

Got a 7/10 w/Bulls-eye yesterday. That is a 1 in 18,461 prize! Only pays $190 though. Ticket had a few other matches for total of $199:

HotSpot-011713199

That was the highest on that draw and the only 7/10+B winner:

HotSpotwin7of10B190 

They still have the amounts wrong on the website. Shows $185 for 7/10+B when should be $190. Also I've hit 6/10+B a few times, and that pays $65 not $62 like they have shown:

http://www.calottery.com/play/draw-games/hot-spot

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106669
          February 22, 2011
          17583 Posts
          Posted: January 19, 2013, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Got a 7/10 w/Bulls-eye yesterday. That is a 1 in 18,461 prize! Only pays $190 though. Ticket had a few other matches for total of $199:

HotSpot-011713199

That was the highest on that draw and the only 7/10+B winner:

HotSpotwin7of10B190 

They still have the amounts wrong on the website. Shows $185 for 7/10+B when should be $190. Also I've hit 6/10+B a few times, and that pays $65 not $62 like they have shown:

http://www.calottery.com/play/draw-games/hot-spot

Party                 Party

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
            Nova Scotia
            Canada
            Member #9934
            December 27, 2004
            769 Posts
            Posted: January 19, 2013, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

I play the keno lottery in Canada, it goes up to the number 70..

Still trying to figure it out!

Dance              Hyper

Los Angeles, California
              United States
              Member #103816
              January 5, 2011
              1530 Posts
              Posted: January 23, 2013, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

Tried something different the other day on Hot Spot.

Made 3 different playslips from a set of 10 numbers: a 10 Spot w/Bulls-eye, 7 Spot w/Bulls-eye and a 4 Spot w/Bulls-eye.

10 plays each on the same set of drawings returned:

10spB: $10 5/10+B,
              7spB: $3 4/7, $1 3/7, $3 4/7, $1 3/7,
              4spB: $5 3/4, $1 2/4, $5 3/4,

Just about right for what the stats say I should get: 8 hits total and 40-50% back. Unfortunately, just typical results...

United States
                Member #136153
                December 4, 2012
                99 Posts
                Posted: January 24, 2013, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

A friend of mine is having good luck with 3 sets of numbers, 3 spot W/bullseye and he plays 3-5 games at a time. In a week he's up about $250... could just be luck.