Welcome Guest
The time is now 12:34 am
You last visited April 21, 2014, 12:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

EuroMillions Ticket - 141M GBP - 21/06/2013.

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 10 months ago by RedStang.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
London
United Kingdom
Member #140689
March 24, 2013
428 Posts
Posted: June 19, 2013, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

Hey guys, so here is my ticket for the 141M GBP huge jackpot.

Remember everyone who can play buy your tickets because we won't see a jackpot this big in a long time. The cap is 146M so this is a big one.

Party

Euro Millions JP Winner........................ and then I woke up. No Pity!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - AbnSTiA

United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    4432 Posts
    Posted: June 19, 2013, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

Good luck. I hope you have a winner! Smile

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      DON'T HATE THE PLAYA HATE THE GAME
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106669
      February 22, 2011
      16290 Posts
      Posted: June 19, 2013, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

Good Luck to you and you Mom JoshUK Lep

London
        United Kingdom
        Member #140689
        March 24, 2013
        428 Posts
        Posted: June 19, 2013, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Thanks everyone,

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
          Member #142504
          May 13, 2013
          504 Posts
          Posted: June 19, 2013, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

Remember everyone who can play buy your tickets because we won't see a jackpot this big in a long time. The cap is 146M so this is a big one.

Party

What do you mean there's a cap?

Why would they cap a lottery game? What happens if there's no winner tonight and it surpasses the cap...what do they do with the extra money? Do they put it towards future games?

"I believe in luck. How else can you explain the success of those you dislike?" - Jean Cocteau

"A gambler with a system must be, to a greater or lesser extent, insane." -  George Augustus Sala (1828-1895)

London
            United Kingdom
            Member #140689
            March 24, 2013
            428 Posts
            Posted: June 19, 2013, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

What do you mean there's a cap?

Why would they cap a lottery game? What happens if there's no winner tonight and it surpasses the cap...what do they do with the extra money? Do they put it towards future games?

When it reaches the cap, the next tier split the prize

You have to get 5 numbers and 2 stars to hit the JP

If they don't 5 Numbers and 1 star winners all split the JP.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
              Mcminnville, Oregon
              United States
              Member #3013
              December 13, 2003
              2231 Posts
              Posted: June 20, 2013, 12:56 am - IP Logged

Good luck Josh UK on the euro millions.  I hope you win some of the lotto's money.-weshar75

US Flag

United States
                Member #142504
                May 13, 2013
                504 Posts
                Posted: June 20, 2013, 1:31 am - IP Logged

When it reaches the cap, the next tier split the prize

You have to get 5 numbers and 2 stars to hit the JP

If they don't 5 Numbers and 1 star winners all split the JP.

So if there is no actual JP winner and only one person gets the 5 #s + 1 star, that person gets the entire 146 million?

If there are no 2nd tier winners, then what? Goes to the next tier?

"I believe in luck. How else can you explain the success of those you dislike?" - Jean Cocteau

"A gambler with a system must be, to a greater or lesser extent, insane." -  George Augustus Sala (1828-1895)

LottoBoner's avatar - the mad-hatter.jpg
                  10/6
                  NYC
                  United States
                  Member #124498
                  March 14, 2012
                  6739 Posts
                  Posted: June 20, 2013, 6:06 am - IP Logged

Party

Good luck Josh.

I hope you put more faith in yourself than you do easy picks.

The Trend Is Your Friend - The GOLDEN LADY

Dedication, Persistence, Observation, Analysis, Patience, Faith, Hard Work, Focus, Awarenes of the Nexus, and Bankroll are the keys to wininng!! - The Book of Numbers 10:6

Sometimes I win, Sometimes I don't win, but I NEVER lose!!!!  -  TEXAMlliOnS $$$$$

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                    adelaide sa
                    Australia
                    Member #37136
                    April 11, 2006
                    2745 Posts
                    Posted: June 20, 2013, 10:58 am - IP Logged

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EuroMillions#Prize_structure

Effective 7 November 2009 new rules were put in place regarding rollovers.[4]

• The new rules introduce the Jackpot Pool Cap. The jackpot will continue to rollover until the Jackpot reaches or exceeds €185,000,000, the Jackpot will remain at €185,000,000 and any additional prize money rolled over will be added to the jackpot pool for the next lower prize level containing at least one winner (5 main numbers + 1 Lucky Star or possibly even just five main numbers).
                    • After winning the Jackpot with a Jackpot Pool Cap, the Jackpot Pool Cap grows by €5,000,000. (In other words, after the capped Jackpot of €185,000,000 is won, the next Jackpot Pool Cap is €190,000,000, then the next time €195,000,000 etc.)
                    • If the €190,000,000 Jackpot is still not won, the Jackpot will continue to be €190,000,000 for the next draw if it is won, and again any additional prize money will be added to the jackpot pool for the next lower prize level containing at least one winner.

A new rule change of 12 January 2012 locks the Jackpot cap at €190,000,000 permanently and if the jackpot is not won after two draws, the prize money will be distributed amongst the winners at the next level.

and here is an example,

26 September 2008€130 million15 peopleThere was no winner with all 5 numbers and both lucky stars. The super-draw jackpot of was shared by those who had 5 numbers plus 1 lucky star, winning a total of nearly €9.2 million each.

when they say " you're more likely to die driving to the store to buy a lotto ticket than win " i can say not this little black duck.

2014 winnings

JAN -$48.50;  FEB  -$77.5; MAR -$18.05;

<div_prefs id="div_prefs">

United States
                      Member #142504
                      May 13, 2013
                      504 Posts
                      Posted: June 20, 2013, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EuroMillions#Prize_structure

Effective 7 November 2009 new rules were put in place regarding rollovers.[4]

• The new rules introduce the Jackpot Pool Cap. The jackpot will continue to rollover until the Jackpot reaches or exceeds €185,000,000, the Jackpot will remain at €185,000,000 and any additional prize money rolled over will be added to the jackpot pool for the next lower prize level containing at least one winner (5 main numbers + 1 Lucky Star or possibly even just five main numbers).
                      • After winning the Jackpot with a Jackpot Pool Cap, the Jackpot Pool Cap grows by €5,000,000. (In other words, after the capped Jackpot of €185,000,000 is won, the next Jackpot Pool Cap is €190,000,000, then the next time €195,000,000 etc.)
                      • If the €190,000,000 Jackpot is still not won, the Jackpot will continue to be €190,000,000 for the next draw if it is won, and again any additional prize money will be added to the jackpot pool for the next lower prize level containing at least one winner.

A new rule change of 12 January 2012 locks the Jackpot cap at €190,000,000 permanently and if the jackpot is not won after two draws, the prize money will be distributed amongst the winners at the next level.

and here is an example,

26 September 2008€130 million15 peopleThere was no winner with all 5 numbers and both lucky stars. The super-draw jackpot of was shared by those who had 5 numbers plus 1 lucky star, winning a total of nearly €9.2 million each.

Interesting. I take it the reasoning behind the cap is to give more people the opportunity to win?

Oh well, I'm greedy. I prefer seeing one person win a huge jackpot than a bunch of people get a smaller amount. When the PB had gotten to (an announced) $600M, I was hoping for either a rollover or a single winner. I think it's more exciting to me when it's a single winner than when it's like 20 people sharing.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                        adelaide sa
                        Australia
                        Member #37136
                        April 11, 2006
                        2745 Posts
                        Posted: June 21, 2013, 7:56 am - IP Logged

i prefered the plan whee the cap remains at 190m , and any extra bonus    prize money rolls down.  instead of the  all the  pot goes to next   lowest winning prize band.   i stil think the cap should be for the top extreme odds  of winning.

when they say " you're more likely to die driving to the store to buy a lotto ticket than win " i can say not this little black duck.

2014 winnings

JAN -$48.50;  FEB  -$77.5; MAR -$18.05;

<div_prefs id="div_prefs">

RedStang's avatar - mustangstu zps4c591ef5.jpg
                          Dutchess , NY
                          United States
                          Member #121966
                          January 21, 2012
                          2310 Posts
                          Posted: June 21, 2013, 11:55 am - IP Logged

Tried to play but my card said no. If no one wins i'll try one of those prepaid cards.