Welcome Guest
The time is now 6:20 am
You last visited October 21, 2014, 6:17 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So you won the lottery. Where are you going to go vacation first?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 11 months ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Kordman916's avatar - 4eyes

United States
Member #142524
May 14, 2013
23 Posts
Posted: November 5, 2013, 7:39 am - IP Logged

The title more or less says it all, but I'll reiterate here.

Let's pretend you win the big one and after getting all of your legal and moral obligations out of the way you decide to go on a vacation.

Where would you go? Why? For how long? Would you pay for others to come with?

For myself, it'd be Disney World down in Orlando, Florida. I visited there for 4 days earlier this year and all I can say is WOW!Shocked Even as an 19 year old I can definitely say that that was the best trip I've ever taken. Definitely wished I could've stayed longer...

I'd go down there for about 2 weeks straight with a couple buddies and stay in one of the nicest hotels they can possibly give us (Preferably one with a hottub in it). It would be the best trip ever... non-stop arcade games, rides, food, jokes, and not to mention the ladiesWink

And then on top of that I'd bring my camera and document the entire thing from getting on the plane to coming back home. Just to show everyone how it's done. 

Looking forward to some intresting answers.

If I win... I'm gonna go bananas Banana... Then I'm going to Disney World 

United States
    Member #130820
    July 25, 2012
    1636 Posts
    Posted: November 5, 2013, 8:01 am - IP Logged

I'd hit Miami...since I want to move down there and live, I'd just go and stay in a nice hotel and go house shopping...I wouldnt pay more than 1.5 mil for a house down there though...I hate to spend that much but i think I could get everything I want in a location I'd want to be in for that

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: November 5, 2013, 8:34 am - IP Logged

Let's pretend you win the big one and after getting all of your legal and moral obligations out of the way you decide to go on a vacation.

For myself, it'd be Disney World down in Orlando, Florida. I visited there for 4 days earlier this year and all I can say is WOW!Shocked Even as an 19 year old I can definitely say that that was the best trip I've ever taken. Definitely wished I could've stayed longer...

I'd go down there for about 2 weeks straight with a couple buddies and stay in one of the nicest hotels they can possibly give us (Preferably one with a hottub in it). It would be the best trip ever... non-stop arcade games, rides, food, jokes, and not to mention the ladiesWink

And then on top of that I'd bring my camera and document the entire thing from getting on the plane to coming back home. Just to show everyone how it's done. 

You couldn't get me into a hotel room hot tub with a gun to my head.

And yes, yes, I'm sure the maids do a meticulous job of cleaning everything out of them.

Just like they do cleaning the telephone and the tv remote with the rag they just cleaned the toilet with.

Have a nice trip!

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
        Florida
        United States
        Member #61435
        May 22, 2008
        776 Posts
        Posted: November 5, 2013, 9:07 am - IP Logged

Tahiti or the Maldive Islands.

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
          Florida
          United States
          Member #61435
          May 22, 2008
          776 Posts
          Posted: November 5, 2013, 9:10 am - IP Logged

I'd hit Miami...since I want to move down there and live, I'd just go and stay in a nice hotel and go house shopping...I wouldnt pay more than 1.5 mil for a house down there though...I hate to spend that much but i think I could get everything I want in a location I'd want to be in for that

1.5 in Miami is not much.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            4637 Posts
            Posted: November 5, 2013, 10:00 am - IP Logged

BL:

Agree>>>>1.5 don't git U much N Miami<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Did U stay at D Hilton when U were ND MD islands>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$$

Drum

United States
              Member #130820
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: November 5, 2013, 10:35 am - IP Logged

LOL that's true, but it would be hard for me as someone who never had that kind of money to spend, to actually go out and spend that much...Id have to see something I would really really like in order to pay alot more than that....Remember you dont want to have the MC Hammer syndrome...make 30 million and spend 10 million on a house....that's was third of his income!! And then he was house poor with the upkeep, taxes, etc...No gonna be me...Ill make the 1.5 work LOL

lele100's avatar - tbtlisa
                Watch my 3 digits...
                Saint Louis MO
                United States
                Member #110758
                May 11, 2011
                2403 Posts
                Posted: November 5, 2013, 10:40 am - IP Logged

And yes, yes, I'm sure the maids do a meticulous job of cleaning everything out of them.

Just like they do cleaning the telephone and the tv remote with the rag they just cleaned the toilet with.

Have a nice trip!

LOL

Remember to flip 6's 9's, mirror front and end #'s, and do front/back3 for a hit!

lele100's avatar - tbtlisa
                  Watch my 3 digits...
                  Saint Louis MO
                  United States
                  Member #110758
                  May 11, 2011
                  2403 Posts
                  Posted: November 5, 2013, 10:44 am - IP Logged

I'd have to say the Cayman Islands. It looks so beautiful and peaceful. I definitely would pay for my immediate family to come with. I think a week and a half, any longer would probably not want to come back home.

Remember to flip 6's 9's, mirror front and end #'s, and do front/back3 for a hit!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area/ California
                    United States
                    Member #136482
                    December 12, 2012
                    2056 Posts
                    Posted: November 5, 2013, 11:51 am - IP Logged

Tahiti or the Maldive Islands.

Those two and definitely the Seychelles- white sand beaches and nothing but clear skies.

Kordman916's avatar - 4eyes

United States
                      Member #142524
                      May 14, 2013
                      23 Posts
                      Posted: November 5, 2013, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Have a nice trip!

You are such a poop.

If I win... I'm gonna go bananas Banana... Then I'm going to Disney World 

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: November 5, 2013, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

You are such a poop.

Oh yeah?

Pffffffffffffffttt!

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
                          Jacksonville, Florida
                          United States
                          Member #140369
                          March 17, 2013
                          159 Posts
                          Posted: November 5, 2013, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

If you think that was fun, you should do Universal Orlando. It's where I would go before Disney. 

So on that note, I would make it Universal Orlando for a week and stay at the Royal Pacific on site. Take the kids to see The Blue Man Group, spend some money on the clubs at City Walk. THEN the following week go to Disney and stay at the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian, maybe have hotel staff move my luggage for me. Of course we would be in the suites. 

Then maybe a month later, just the wife and I on a cruise, either an Alaskan cruise or to the Carribean

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
                            nc
                            United States
                            Member #99522
                            October 26, 2010
                            232 Posts
                            Posted: November 5, 2013, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

For me, it would be to load the dogs in the car and just drive.  Got to see this state, this country.  Lots of fun little things to do all over.  The people you meet, the suites you see, the caches you find.....

Pita Maha's avatar - 940d8157 d1fb-4f70-a715-6ad04d915489.jpg
                              SW Florida
                              United States
                              Member #145678
                              August 11, 2013
                              152 Posts
                              Posted: November 5, 2013, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

I'd get out of the country. Away from beggars and scammers.  I'd rent a nice house for 3 months in a secret, undisclosed location with pretty scenery and great food.  I'd pay for close family members and friends to join us for a week or two at different times.