Welcome Guest
The time is now 4:22 am
You last visited October 1, 2014, 4:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

WA state Special Olympics $5 million home raffle on now..

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 7 months ago by gy65.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #125923
March 31, 2012
279 Posts
Posted: February 19, 2014, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

Well folks,

I am letting you know about this raffle and I am a previous WA Special Olympics raffle 1st prize lottery winner back in 2003.. So this one is pretty sick and the tickets are $150 a pop...  Here is the info and i can't post the link without Todd's permission.. See below info.. 

Special Olympics raffles off $5 million Lake Sammamish dream home
BY JOSH KERNS on February 19, 2014 @ 5:04 pm (Updated: 5:27 pm - 2/19/14 )

See all photos Imagine landing a $5 million mansion on Lake Sammamish for just $150? It sounds too good to be true, but someone is going to score the dream house thanks to a new raffle to raise money for Special Olympics Washington.
The custom home spans over 10,000 square feet with five bedrooms, eight bathrooms, a 7500 bottle wine cellar, a home theater and guest cottage. It boasts an expansive view and private dock.

The raffle is the biggest of its kind in Washington state history, says Dan Wartelle of Special Olympics Washington.

"We had to go to the Washington State Legislature to increase the grand prize amount," he said.

Tickets for the raffle are going for $150 each, $400 for three tickets and $550 for five tickets. Along with the house, the raffle also features 1,700 prizes including several new cars including a Mercedes and BMW, exotic vacations, consumer electronics and more.

Wartelle says Special Olympics is limited the total number of tickets to 85,000, giving buyers a 1-in-50 chance of winning a prize. And he says the odds of winning the house are better than winning the state lottery.

Tickets for the raffle are now on sale. The drawing will take place March 13.

So would you take a plunge on buying a ticket and possibly win the home?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: February 19, 2014, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

Well folks,

I am letting you know about this raffle and I am a previous WA Special Olympics raffle 1st prize lottery winner back in 2003.. So this one is pretty sick and the tickets are $150 a pop...  Here is the info and i can't post the link without Todd's permission.. See below info.. 

Special Olympics raffles off $5 million Lake Sammamish dream home
    BY JOSH KERNS on February 19, 2014 @ 5:04 pm (Updated: 5:27 pm - 2/19/14 )

See all photos Imagine landing a $5 million mansion on Lake Sammamish for just $150? It sounds too good to be true, but someone is going to score the dream house thanks to a new raffle to raise money for Special Olympics Washington.
    The custom home spans over 10,000 square feet with five bedrooms, eight bathrooms, a 7500 bottle wine cellar, a home theater and guest cottage. It boasts an expansive view and private dock.

The raffle is the biggest of its kind in Washington state history, says Dan Wartelle of Special Olympics Washington.

"We had to go to the Washington State Legislature to increase the grand prize amount," he said.

Tickets for the raffle are going for $150 each, $400 for three tickets and $550 for five tickets. Along with the house, the raffle also features 1,700 prizes including several new cars including a Mercedes and BMW, exotic vacations, consumer electronics and more.

Wartelle says Special Olympics is limited the total number of tickets to 85,000, giving buyers a 1-in-50 chance of winning a prize. And he says the odds of winning the house are better than winning the state lottery.

Tickets for the raffle are now on sale. The drawing will take place March 13.

So would you take a plunge on buying a ticket and possibly win the home?

How much did you win?

United States
      Member #125923
      March 31, 2012
      279 Posts
      Posted: February 19, 2014, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

I won 4 roundtrip tickets good for 2 years with no blackouts or restrictions on Alaska Airlines back in 2003... I spent $1 on the raffle ticket.. Hyper

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: February 19, 2014, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

I won 4 roundtrip tickets good for 2 years with no blackouts or restrictions on Alaska Airlines back in 2003... I spent $1 on the raffle ticket.. Hyper

Cool!

Not a bad deal!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          9079 Posts
          Posted: February 20, 2014, 12:22 am - IP Logged

tony869,

In my area when they have those St Jude raffles for a home - nce home but not in the $5M range- the winner has to pay thre taxes on the home before moving in or attempting to flip it.

I'd hate to think what they'd be o a $5M home.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
            Member #125923
            March 31, 2012
            279 Posts
            Posted: February 20, 2014, 12:25 am - IP Logged

Well to my understanding the 1st prize winner has the option to take the house or cash option of $4 Million...

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Listens to the wind

United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              19641 Posts
              Posted: February 20, 2014, 11:40 am - IP Logged

tony869,

In my area when they have those St Jude raffles for a home - nce home but not in the $5M range- the winner has to pay thre taxes on the home before moving in or attempting to flip it.

I'd hate to think what they'd be o a $5M home.

I am guessing your speaking of sales tax?   Think of this also,  homeowners insurance, property tax.

There's only one US Flag

United States
                Member #34931
                March 9, 2006
                68 Posts
                Posted: February 20, 2014, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

For additional perspective (2009 California article) Google . . dream home raffles having mixed success.