Welcome Guest
The time is now 11:12 am
You last visited October 30, 2014, 11:08 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you like the idea of their being only One winner for PB/MM jackpots?

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 8 months ago by Drenick1.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area/ California
United States
Member #136482
December 12, 2012
2065 Posts
Posted: February 26, 2014, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

Especially when the jackpot goes into the $350million and above?
Personally: l don't mind a 2,3 way split.
Consider the following Solo winners: Gloria, Pedro, Chan in San Jose- the mystery winner in Milpitas.
What's so bad about splitting the jackpot?
Thoughts?

*Have a good Hump Day people.

United States
    Member #145272
    August 1, 2013
    548 Posts
    Posted: February 26, 2014, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

I agree 100%.  The US has so much to again all around if there were more winners.  How much money do you really need?  More players would play the lottery if there were say, a 10 million dollar winner every month.  We all talk about winning the lottery, but, in reality, how many winners do we have per year?

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #129230
      June 13, 2012
      351 Posts
      Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

I agree 100%.  The US has so much to again all around if there were more winners.  How much money do you really need?  More players would play the lottery if there were say, a 10 million dollar winner every month.  We all talk about winning the lottery, but, in reality, how many winners do we have per year?

I like the big jackpots and I like the single winner. However, if the jackpot is super huge as in 300 - 400 million and above it would be okay to have more than one winner.  If the games only produced a 10 million dollar winner I wouldn't be as excited to play.  They call it a dollar and a dream and my dreams are bigger than 10 million.

United States
        Member #145272
        August 1, 2013
        548 Posts
        Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

So you would not play for 10 million dollars?  I like the big jackpots also, but the reality is most of us will not see that jackpot win.  I will take what I can get.

Also, with more winners, you might see your numbers come up.

Indiana
          United States
          Member #129230
          June 13, 2012
          351 Posts
          Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

So you would not play for 10 million dollars?  I like the big jackpots also, but the reality is most of us will not see that jackpot win.  I will take what I can get.

Also, with more winners, you might see your numbers come up.

Probably not on a regular basis.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area/ California
            United States
            Member #136482
            December 12, 2012
            2065 Posts
            Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

I like the big jackpots and I like the single winner. However, if the jackpot is super huge as in 300 - 400 million and above it would be okay to have more than one winner.  If the games only produced a 10 million dollar winner I wouldn't be as excited to play.  They call it a dollar and a dream and my dreams are bigger than 10 million.

Thanks for responding Saylogirl- but let me ask this " how have your dreams panned out thus far in bagging the jackpot ?
            There are those players who only get into the race when the jackpot rises above $200 mil, but l am willing to bet " soup for nuts" that if they won $50mil- they would not be walking around with a sad look on their faces.
            The question ultimately is " what is enough? "
            Now if your 15 bedroom, 5 garage home is in foreclosure...l think l would understand.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
              USA
              United States
              Member #152806
              February 25, 2014
              477 Posts
              Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! I totally agree! a 10 million jackpot amounts to just a bit more than $3 million after taxes and while it certainly would make my life easier I don't consider that a dream. Anything over $20 million after all tax obligations are met would be considered a "dream" in my book so I would have no issues splitting a $300-400 million jackpot with 4 or 5 lucky individuals.

United States
                Member #149827
                December 9, 2013
                483 Posts
                Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

LOL cool question. I dont care if Im the only winner or if I win with 5 other peorple. I JUST WANT TO WIN!!!!

Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #129230
                  June 13, 2012
                  351 Posts
                  Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for responding Saylogirl- but let me ask this " how have your dreams panned out thus far in bagging the jackpot ?
                  There are those players who only get into the race when the jackpot rises above $200 mil, but l am willing to bet " soup for nuts" that if they won $50mil- they would not be walking around with a sad look on their faces.
                  The question ultimately is " what is enough? "
                  Now if your 15 bedroom, 5 garage home is in foreclosure...l think l would understand.

I would be happy if I walked away with 20 million after all taxes.  The 50 million jackpot would be enough for me anything over that would be "icing on the cake".

Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #129230
                    June 13, 2012
                    351 Posts
                    Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! I totally agree! a 10 million jackpot amounts to just a bit more than $3 million after taxes and while it certainly would make my life easier I don't consider that a dream. Anything over $20 million after all tax obligations are met would be considered a "dream" in my book so I would have no issues splitting a $300-400 million jackpot with 4 or 5 lucky individuals.

I Agree! And I agree with your post!!

Bay Area/ California
                      United States
                      Member #136482
                      December 12, 2012
                      2065 Posts
                      Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

LOL cool question. I dont care if Im the only winner or if I win with 5 other peorple. I JUST WANT TO WIN!!!!

Exactly.
                      I have NEVER heard someone buying a lottery ticket shout out " One Winner". It could piss off the folks inline behind him/ her.

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
                        Jacksonville, Florida
                        United States
                        Member #140369
                        March 17, 2013
                        159 Posts
                        Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Especially when the jackpot goes into the $350million and above?
                        Personally: l don't mind a 2,3 way split.
                        Consider the following Solo winners: Gloria, Pedro, Chan in San Jose- the mystery winner in Milpitas.
                        What's so bad about splitting the jackpot?
                        Thoughts?

*Have a good Hump Day people.

Would you like the ideal if you had to share with 1 or 2 other winners?

Ultimately I would love to be the only winner, but I wont mind sharing if its that high.

Bay Area/ California
                          United States
                          Member #136482
                          December 12, 2012
                          2065 Posts
                          Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Your avatar had me fooled there Drenick1,You have the " no sharing look". - Boy am l surprised!

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                            TX
                            United States
                            Member #121198
                            January 4, 2012
                            1221 Posts
                            Posted: February 26, 2014, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

No problem with one winner on $350 Million/185 million cash......If I had to split the 185 cash three ways...61.66 Million...minus $24 million in fed taxes...leaving me roughly $37 million ??...BEAUTIFUL !!!! works for me Thumbs Up

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

United States
                              Member #145272
                              August 1, 2013
                              548 Posts
                              Posted: February 26, 2014, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Noise-gate, here is another part of the question, "how long have some of you been playing the lottery for that big win" .  For me, it's been about 17 years, I will take what I can get.