Welcome Guest
The time is now 1:32 pm
You last visited September 17, 2014, 1:31 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Publishers clearing house superprize!

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 6 months ago by Drenick1.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
boston,ma
United States
Member #150109
December 15, 2013
89 Posts
Posted: February 27, 2014, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

Hello all,

Just one more day until P.C.H gives away the 1,000,000.00 a year prize! I've been answering every email they've sent since the beginning. I've informed the wife if they show up, open the door and start crying(makes good T.V). I will be sure to report back tomorrow If they come by my house, later.

United States
    Member #149827
    December 9, 2013
    469 Posts
    Posted: February 27, 2014, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

Dont forget the 5,000 a week for life, 7,000 a week for life, and the 10,000,000 dollar super prize. I get three emails every morning about one or all three sweepstakes games

boston,ma
      United States
      Member #150109
      December 15, 2013
      89 Posts
      Posted: February 27, 2014, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Yep, I've entered them all too. However, If they don't come by my house tomorrow after all that. I'm moving on. It was nice to dream..lol

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: February 27, 2014, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Hello all,

Just one more day until P.C.H gives away the 1,000,000.00 a year prize! I've been answering every email they've sent since the beginning. I've informed the wife if they show up, open the door and start crying(makes good T.V). I will be sure to report back tomorrow If they come by my house, later.

"I've informed the wife if they show up, open the door and start crying(makes good T.V)."

I would recommend some wildly hysterical screaming and celebratory gunfire into the air.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
          USA
          United States
          Member #152806
          February 25, 2014
          459 Posts
          Posted: February 27, 2014, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

I entered as well! I can't believe all the emails I have gotten from them even though I unchecked all the boxes for solicitation. The odds are 1.3 billion to 1 but I still have a chance just like anyone else who entered the drawing.

Most of the emails are to "validate" my entry...what a joke! You have to go through pages of advertisements just to confirm an entry but I can't complain because it's free. I read the fine print on the $1million prize, it's paid out in payments of 25k for the first 29 years with a final balloon payment of 275k the final year.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
            Happyland
            United States
            Member #146350
            September 1, 2013
            575 Posts
            Posted: February 27, 2014, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

Hello all,

According to their blog, there wasn't a matching "Forever" winner so they aren't awarding the $1,000,000/year SuperPrize tomorrow. It's just 2nd chance draw for a one-time million. Nothing to balk at but still.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the payoff does.

If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2013: -35.14% (158 tickets) || 2014: +20.00% (13 tickets)

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
              USA
              United States
              Member #152806
              February 25, 2014
              459 Posts
              Posted: February 27, 2014, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

According to their blog, there wasn't a matching "Forever" winner so they aren't awarding the $1,000,000/year SuperPrize tomorrow. It's just 2nd chance draw for a one-time million. Nothing to balk at but still.

No matching winner for the $1 million a year for life? well how convenient! the one time million prize also has the same 1.3 billion to 1 odd, wonder if that is going to have a no match winner as well.

boston,ma
                United States
                Member #150109
                December 15, 2013
                89 Posts
                Posted: February 27, 2014, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

Really? I didn't know that, that sux! That is quite convenient for them.

boston,ma
                  United States
                  Member #150109
                  December 15, 2013
                  89 Posts
                  Posted: February 27, 2014, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

I just read the blog. Wow..for the 2nd year in a row, what a croc. I don't mind not winning if there was someone else who won the prize, now I doubt they ever were going to award that prize.

Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
                    United States
                    Member #50210
                    March 1, 2007
                    839 Posts
                    Posted: February 27, 2014, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

I just read the blog. Wow..for the 2nd year in a row, what a croc. I don't mind not winning if there was someone else who won the prize, now I doubt they ever were going to award that prize.

I doubt they ever had any intentions of giving away the $1 million a year for life prize. It was more than likely a publicity stunt in order to drum up business.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
                      United States
                      Member #50210
                      March 1, 2007
                      839 Posts
                      Posted: February 27, 2014, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

I entered as well! I can't believe all the emails I have gotten from them even though I unchecked all the boxes for solicitation. The odds are 1.3 billion to 1 but I still have a chance just like anyone else who entered the drawing.

Most of the emails are to "validate" my entry...what a joke! You have to go through pages of advertisements just to confirm an entry but I can't complain because it's free. I read the fine print on the $1million prize, it's paid out in payments of 25k for the first 29 years with a final balloon payment of 275k the final year.

I Agree! It is a joke. They had a story on the lady who won a million dollar prize. She opted for the lump sum and received about $250k yet she was given a job with PCH to be a spokesperson and thrust into the spotlight as a past million dollar winner.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                        Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #35086
                        March 12, 2006
                        9915 Posts
                        Posted: February 27, 2014, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

So  they  said  no   one  matched     on  the   Top  Prize   ???

PCH   ???      Surely   not 

Do  a  deep  search  on  them  ,  they  been  around  for  over  30   years  I  am   sure    (  maybe  longer )

You  will  find  out  a   Lot   in  your  search

Hard  for  me  to  believe  they  are  still  around , but  looks  like  they  are  the  last   man   standing  Thumbs Down

I  wonder  who  is  watching  the  store   (  these  days  )

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                          Los Angeles, California
                          United States
                          Member #149499
                          December 2, 2013
                          787 Posts
                          Posted: February 27, 2014, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Last time I had any dealings with them was years ago when I entered via "stamps on paper" method.  They always gave me the creeps in the sense that I didn't feel everything was legit.

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                            Jacksonville Florida
                            United States
                            Member #23018
                            October 6, 2005
                            734 Posts
                            Posted: February 27, 2014, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

These sweepstakes remind me of the Jerry Seinfeld comedy routine:

JERRY:

I have to tell you that I did get some very exciting news recently, and I don't know if I should really tell you exactly what it is because it's really not a definite thing yet.

(crowd cheers him on to tell them)

Well, I will tell you what I know so far. According to the information that I have in the envelope that I've received, it seems that I may have already won some very valuable prizes.

(audience applauds)

Well, thank you, thank you very much, well thank you. That's very nice to hear that.

But, in all honesty, I have to say, I didn't even know I was in this thing. But, according to the readout, it looks like I am among the top people that they are considering.

(smiles and pauses)

You know, that's what annoys me about the sweepstakes companies, they always tease you with that, "You may have already won." I'd like once for a sweepstakes company to have some guts, come out with the truth, just tell people the truth one time. Send out envelopes, "You have definitely lost!" You turn it over, giant printing, "Not even close!" You open it up, there's this whole letter of explanation, "Even we cannot believe how badly you have done in this contest.

Smiley

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                              Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #35086
                              March 12, 2006
                              9915 Posts
                              Posted: February 27, 2014, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

These sweepstakes remind me of the Jerry Seinfeld comedy routine:

JERRY:

I have to tell you that I did get some very exciting news recently, and I don't know if I should really tell you exactly what it is because it's really not a definite thing yet.

(crowd cheers him on to tell them)

Well, I will tell you what I know so far. According to the information that I have in the envelope that I've received, it seems that I may have already won some very valuable prizes.

(audience applauds)

Well, thank you, thank you very much, well thank you. That's very nice to hear that.

But, in all honesty, I have to say, I didn't even know I was in this thing. But, according to the readout, it looks like I am among the top people that they are considering.

(smiles and pauses)

You know, that's what annoys me about the sweepstakes companies, they always tease you with that, "You may have already won." I'd like once for a sweepstakes company to have some guts, come out with the truth, just tell people the truth one time. Send out envelopes, "You have definitely lost!" You turn it over, giant printing, "Not even close!" You open it up, there's this whole letter of explanation, "Even we cannot believe how badly you have done in this contest.

Smiley

Smile                        Thumbs Up