Welcome Guest
The time is now 4:30 pm
You last visited July 28, 2014, 4:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Louisiana Lottery Lagniappe Raffle

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 5 months ago by PrisonerSix.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Baton Rouge, LA
United States
Member #4602
May 7, 2004
561 Posts
Posted: March 1, 2014, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

The Louisiana Lottery is doing monthly raffles until July 1 with a top prize of $50,000. To get a ticket, one has to buy 5 Lotto tickets. The first drawing is April 1 and I bought my tickets this morning. This gives me an excuse to buy more Lotto tickets for the current 1.15 million dollar prize, and gives me a second chance at another prize.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    8933 Posts
    Posted: March 3, 2014, 12:09 am - IP Logged

PrisonerSix,

If I may, for those who don't know, from Wikipedia:

A lagniappe (LAN-yap) is a small gift given to a customer by a merchant at the time of a purchase (such as a 13th doughnut when buying a dozen), or more broadly, "something given or obtained gratuitously or by way of good measure."

The word entered English from the Louisiana French adapting a Quechua word brought in to New Orleans by the Spanish creoles.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Baton Rouge, LA
      United States
      Member #4602
      May 7, 2004
      561 Posts
      Posted: March 5, 2014, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

PrisonerSix,

If I may, for those who don't know, from Wikipedia:

A lagniappe (LAN-yap) is a small gift given to a customer by a merchant at the time of a purchase (such as a 13th doughnut when buying a dozen), or more broadly, "something given or obtained gratuitously or by way of good measure."

The word entered English from the Louisiana French adapting a Quechua word brought in to New Orleans by the Spanish creoles.

Thanks for that little bit of trivia.

Since the Lotto jackpot is $1.2million, I bought 5 tickets tonight and got another free raffle ticket. My first ticket I bought on Saturday when it started was numbered in the 6000s, they are now in the 41000s so the promotion must be doing well. At this rate they will probably have quarter million tickets out there, which I guess isn't too bad odds for $50,000.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"