$353 MILLION: Red hot Mega Millions jackpot set for Friday

Mar 12, 2014, 10:31 am (85 comments)

Mega Millions

5th-largest Mega Millions jackpot of all time

By Todd Northrop

Less than 3 months after the multi-state Mega Millions lottery game featured a near-record $648 million jackpot, it is two draws away from doing it again.

Unless some lucky player happens to match all five numbers plus the Mega Ball before then.

In the Tuesday night Mega Millions drawing no player won the top prize, increasing the jackpot estimate for Friday night's Mega Millions drawing to $353 million, with a lump-sum cash option of $194 million.

That pegs the annuity jackpot as the 5th-largest jackpot in Mega Millions history, and overall the 12th-largest United States lottery jackpot of all time.  The cash option is the 16th-largest ever seen in any United States lottery game.  (See the full list of top-25 United States annuity and cash lottery jackpots below.)

Lottery players can see an after-tax analysis of the current Mega Millions jackpot by visiting USA Mega's Jackpot Analysis page.

Friday's Mega Millions jackpot is the accumulation of 19 consecutive drawings without a top prize winner.  The current jackpot run-up started on January 7 as a $15 million grand prize — it has been more than two months since Mega Millions has had a jackpot winner.

Players should note that jackpot amounts are conservative estimates provided by the lotteries, and are often somewhat higher by the time the drawing occurs.

In the latest Mega Millions drawing that took place this past Tuesday night, there was no jackpot winner, but 2 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize: 1 from Texas and 1 from Washington.

Neither of the two second-place winners purchased their ticket with the Megaplier option for an extra $1 per play. If they had, their prize would have been quadrupled to $4 million, because the Megaplier number drawn was 4.

The Megaplier option is not available in California, because the fixed nature of the prize increase offered with the Megaplier is not compatible with California's pari-mutuel payouts. By law, California awards all prizes on a pari-mutuel basis, meaning the prizes will change each drawing based on the number of tickets sold and the number of tickets that won at each prize level.

A total of 77 tickets matched four of the first five numbers plus the Mega Ball to win a $5,000 prize. Of those tickets, 7 were purchased with the Megaplier option, increasing the prize to $20,000, and 13 were sold in California, where the prize awarded this drawing is $4,859.

The Mega Millions winning numbers for Tuesday, March 11, 2014, were 9, 14, 56, 57, and 69, with Mega Ball number 10. The Megaplier number was 4.

Following the Tuesday drawing, the Mega Millions annuity jackpot estimate was raised $44 million from its previous amount of $309 million. The cash value was raised by $24.5 million, from its previous amount of $169.5 million.

Mega Millions is currently offered for sale in 43 states, plus Washington, D.C. and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Drawings are Tuesdays and Fridays at 11:00 pm Eastern Time. Tickets cost $1 each.

A 44th Mega Millions state may be added in early 2014, as the state of Wyoming has approved a new state lottery with the intention of joining multi-state lottery games. (See Wyoming officially becomes 44th state with a lottery, Lottery Post, Mar. 14, 2013.)

The Mega Millions winning numbers are published at USA Mega (www.usamega.com) minutes after the drawing takes place.

Top 25 United States lottery jackpots of all time

Friday's Mega Millions jackpot currently stands as the 12th-largest lottery jackpot of all time in the United States.  That position may rise before the drawing Friday night, as lotteries are typically conservative in their initial estimates, and brisk sales may push the jackpot estimate higher by draw time.

1. Mega Millions: $656 million, Mar. 30, 2012 - Illinois, Kansas, Maryland
  2. Mega Millions: $648 million, Dec. 17, 2013 - California, Georgia
  3. Powerball: $590.5 million, May 18, 2013 - Florida
  4. Powerball: $587.5 million, Nov. 28, 2012 - Arizona, Missouri
  5. Powerball: $448.4 million, Aug. 7, 2013 - Minnesota, New Jersey (2)
  6. Powerball: $425.3 million, Feb. 19, 2014 - California
  7. Powerball: $399.4 million, Sep. 18, 2013 - South Carolina
  8. Mega Millions: $390 million, Mar. 6, 2007 - Georgia, New Jersey
  9. Mega Millions: $380 million, Jan. 4, 2011 - Idaho, Washington
  10. Powerball: $365 million, Feb. 18, 2006 - Nebraska
  11. The Big Game: $363 million, May 9, 2000 - Illinois, Michigan
  12. Mega Millions: $353 million, Mar. 14, 2014 - Preliminary estimate, not won yet
  13. Powerball: $340 million, Oct. 19, 2005 - Oregon
  14. Powerball: $338.3 million, Mar. 23, 2013 - New Jersey
  15. Powerball: $337 million, Aug. 15, 2012 - Michigan
  16. Powerball: $336.4 million, Feb. 11, 2012 - Rhode Island
  17. Mega Millions: $336 million, Aug. 28, 2009 - California, New York
  18. The Big Game: $331 million, Apr. 16, 2002 - Georgia, Illinois, New Jersey
  19. Mega Millions: $330 million, Aug. 31, 2007 - Maryland, New Jersey, Texas, Virginia
  20. Mega Millions: $319 million, Mar. 25, 2011 - New York
  21. Mega Millions: $315 million, Nov. 15, 2005 - California
  22. Powerball: $314.9 million, Dec. 25, 2002 - West Virgina
  23. Powerball: $314.3 million, Aug. 25, 2007 - Indiana
  24. Powerball: $295.7 million, Jul. 29, 1998 - Indiana
  25. Powerball: $295 million, Aug. 25, 2001 - Delaware, Kentucky, Minnesota, New Hampshire

For those keeping score, the number of jackpots in the top 25, by lottery game, are:

• Mega Millions: 9
  • Powerball: 14
  • The Big Game: 2

The Big Game is the original name of Mega Millions, from the game's first drawing on Sep. 6, 1996 through May 14, 2002.  The name was changed to Mega Millions starting with the May 17, 2002 drawing.

Top 25 cash value jackpots

Since many lottery winners collect their winnings in cash, the lump-sum payout is an important measure of what a winning ticket could be worth.

Looking at the cash value, the upcoming Mega Millions jackpot ranks as the 9th-largest cash value in U.S. history.

1. Mega Millions: $471 million cash, Mar. 30, 2012 ($656 million annuity) - Illinois, Kansas, Maryland
  2. Powerball: $384.7 million cash, Nov. 28, 2012 ($587.5 million annuity) - Arizona, Missouri
  3. Powerball: $370.9 million cash, May 18, 2013 ($590.5 million annuity) - Florida
  4. Mega Millions: $347.6 million cash, Dec. 17, 2013 ($648 million annuity) - California, Georgia
  5. Powerball: $258.2 million cash, Aug. 7, 2013 ($448.4 million annuity) - Minnesota, New Jersey (2)
  6. Mega Millions: $240 million cash, Jan. 4, 2011 ($380 million annuity) - Idaho, Washington
  7. Mega Millions: $233.1 million cash, Mar. 6, 2007 ($390 million annuity) - Georgia, New Jersey
  8. Powerball: $227.8 million cash, Feb. 19, 2014 ($425.3 million annuity) - California
  9. Powerball: $224.7 million cash, Aug. 15, 2012 ($337 million annuity) - Michigan
  10. Powerball: $223.3 million cash, Sep. 18, 2013 ($399.4 million annuity) - South Carolina
  11. Mega Millions: $214 million cash, Aug. 28, 2009 ($336 million annuity) - California, New York
  12. Powerball: $211 million cash, Mar. 23, 2013 ($338.3 million annuity) - New Jersey
  13. Powerball: $210 million cash, Feb. 11, 2012 ($336.4 million annuity) - Rhode Island
  14. Mega Millions: $202.9 million cash, Mar. 25, 2011 ($319 million annuity) - New York
  15. Mega Millions: $194.4. million cash, Aug. 31, 2007 ($330 million annuity) - Maryland, New Jersey, Texas, Virginia
  16. Mega Millions: $194 million cash, Mar. 14, 2014 ($353 million annuity) - Preliminary estimate, not won yet
  17. Mega Millions: $185 million cash, Nov. 15, 2005 ($315 million annuity) - California
  18. The Big Game: $180 million cash, May 9, 2000 ($363 million annuity) - Illinois, Michigan
  19. Powerball: $177.3 million cash, Feb. 18, 2006 ($365 million annuity) - Nebraska
  20. Powerball: $170.5 million cash, Dec. 25, 2002 ($314.9 million annuity) - West Virginia
  21. Mega Millions: $168 million cash, July 2, 2004 ($294 million annuity) - Massachusetts
  22. Mega Millions: $167.7 million cash, Feb. 22, 2008 ($275 million annuity) - Georgia
  23. Powerball: $165.8 million cash, Aug. 25, 2001 ($295 million annuity) - Delaware, Kentucky, Minnesota, New Hampshire
  24. Mega Millions: $165.2 million cash, May 4, 2010 ($266 million annuity) - California
  25. Powerball: $164.4 million cash, won Oct. 19, 2005 ($340 million annuity) - Oregon

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

whiteballz's avatarwhiteballz

love it!

mightwin's avatarmightwin

Keep on rolling........

RedStang's avatarRedStang

Results of a desperate America. Bad economy, higher sales, record jackpots. I'm seeing young adults turn to lotto. GL

Sarniaman

Time to go across the border

Drenick1's avatarDrenick1

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Mar 12, 2014

Results of a desperate America. Bad economy, higher sales, record jackpots. I'm seeing young adults turn to lotto. GL

I agree! no faith in getting a job even with a degree so they might as well take a chance elsewhere and perhaps get lucky.

Quote: Originally posted by Drenick1 on Mar 12, 2014

I agree! no faith in getting a job even with a degree so they might as well take a chance elsewhere and perhaps get lucky.

I joke around with people that winning the lottery is the only way I'm going to be able to retire.......but it's true

Quote: Originally posted by mightwin on Mar 12, 2014

I joke around with people that winning the lottery is the only way I'm going to be able to retire.......but it's true

It's no joke to many, I recently saw a poll on the TLC lottery show that 40% of those who make less than 50k per year are relying on a big lottery win for their retirement. Had these folks put away 1/2 of their disposable/gambling money in a 401k or Roth IRA , they would have been well on their way to a decent retirement.

sully16's avatarsully16

Friday is a good day to throw some money my way.Cheers

DDOH937's avatarDDOH937

Ony a small part of the story. Bad economy? Yes. But this is not the first time we've had a bad economy. Record Jackpots are no coincidence nor should they be merely attributed to a correlative relationship between the two (economy/jackpots). Its a result of greed, pure and simple. Greed from lotto officials. Greed from the States. And certainly greed from the general population. How else could you explain people who make $50K, $70K a year scoffing at jackpots that are "merely" $40 Million, $100 Million, $200 Million, ect. We all want MORE, MORE, MORE!! Myself included. So we buy more, more often, we pay more attention, dream more. WANT MORE!!!

And inturn what happens? They Raise prices. Change the game matrix to make it harder to win. Create more games. All encouraging us to buy, buy, buy.

So yes, a bad economy does exist. But lets not forget that we all play a part in this game. Myself DEFINITELY included. Like everyone else, I too want MORE, MORE, MORE!!! Sad but true.

DDOH937's avatarDDOH937

Quote: Originally posted by DDOH937 on Mar 12, 2014

Ony a small part of the story. Bad economy? Yes. But this is not the first time we've had a bad economy. Record Jackpots are no coincidence nor should they be merely attributed to a correlative relationship between the two (economy/jackpots). Its a result of greed, pure and simple. Greed from lotto officials. Greed from the States. And certainly greed from the general population. How else could you explain people who make $50K, $70K a year scoffing at jackpots that are "merely" $40 Million, $100 Million, $200 Million, ect. We all want MORE, MORE, MORE!! Myself included. So we buy more, more often, we pay more attention, dream more. WANT MORE!!!

And inturn what happens? They Raise prices. Change the game matrix to make it harder to win. Create more games. All encouraging us to buy, buy, buy.

So yes, a bad economy does exist. But lets not forget that we all play a part in this game. Myself DEFINITELY included. Like everyone else, I too want MORE, MORE, MORE!!! Sad but true.

That being said. I hope it rolls at least 4 more times and break the record before i win...hahahhahahaha!!!! Banana

That being said. I hope it rolls at least 4 more times and break the record before i win...hahahhahahaha!!!! Banana

Hopefully only 4 more should do it, so no jackpot winners until then No No

Teddi's avatarTeddi

I'm sorry, but you guys are...wrong. it's taken 19 rollovers to get to $353 million. NINETEEN!!

Compare the number of draws in previous years to get to a massive jackpot and the result is the opposite of what you're saying. The jackpots are larger because the price of Powerball went up and it became harder to win Mega Millions. People are only going crazy with ticket purchases when the jackpots get huge, not before that. In 2012 MM rolled 18 times before getting to $656 million. It took 14 for PB's $590 million highpoint.

Now we're at 19 rolls and still $300 million SHORT of that MM mark. If sales were even equal to what they were in the past we should be looking at a jackpot of at least $800 million after 19 rolls. And that's even without factoring the additional states and higher starting jackpot amount.

Quite frankly the facts don't bear out your premise. The larger starting amount, more states joining, substantially less favorable matrices have more to do with larger jackpot amounts than so called joblessness. In fact if you go by draws alone, it is in direct contradiction to your argument. If, ostensibly, ticket sales skyrocket in poor economic times, then it shouldn't take 19 draws to get to $350 million. No way no how.

If the flurry of sales don't happen until after the $350 million/$400 million point, then it means people can afford to wait, which means they aren't as desperate as they were before. js.

DDOH937's avatarDDOH937

Quote: Originally posted by Teddi on Mar 12, 2014

I'm sorry, but you guys are...wrong. it's taken 19 rollovers to get to $353 million. NINETEEN!!

Compare the number of draws in previous years to get to a massive jackpot and the result is the opposite of what you're saying. The jackpots are larger because the price of Powerball went up and it became harder to win Mega Millions. People are only going crazy with ticket purchases when the jackpots get huge, not before that. In 2012 MM rolled 18 times before getting to $656 million. It took 14 for PB's $590 million highpoint.

Now we're at 19 rolls and still $300 million SHORT of that MM mark. If sales were even equal to what they were in the past we should be looking at a jackpot of at least $800 million after 19 rolls. And that's even without factoring the additional states and higher starting jackpot amount.

Quite frankly the facts don't bear out your premise. The larger starting amount, more states joining, substantially less favorable matrices have more to do with larger jackpot amounts than so called joblessness. In fact if you go by draws alone, it is in direct contradiction to your argument. If, ostensibly, ticket sales skyrocket in poor economic times, then it shouldn't take 19 draws to get to $350 million. No way no how.

If the flurry of sales don't happen until after the $350 million/$400 million point, then it means people can afford to wait, which means they aren't as desperate as they were before. js.

I Agree!......Didn't i tell you yesterday to stop making so much sense?? What's your problem huh? All these facts, figures and common sense that you keep on posting. You better stop it!!! hahhaha. Indeed, you are right Teddi, i was going to add the same thing in my next post but you beat me to it.

I don't mind the rise in prices to increase the jackpots. You can almost win 100mill every month. I throw thousands away in taxes every year and get nothing for it, so the extra dollars spent on lotto does'nt bother me. I never understood why people only play when jackpots are really big. I guess everyone wants a bargain for their $$$.

Teddi's avatarTeddi

It's no joke to many, I recently saw a poll on the TLC lottery show that 40% of those who make less than 50k per year are relying on a big lottery win for their retirement. Had these folks put away 1/2 of their disposable/gambling money in a 401k or Roth IRA , they would have been well on their way to a decent retirement.

Now this I semi-agree with. Even though that poll was taken in the midst of the recession so I hope it's less than that now. 

HBO had done a documentary on lottery players and there was this woman who hadn't saved a dime towards retirement. She was counting on winning the lottery for all her future needs. She had nothing to her name, even though she had a job she put every dollar she could towards lottery tickets. Then there was a NYC doorman with a family who was spending 5 figures a year on tickets. I kinda think he was slowly going crazy, getting upset when another doorman hit the jackpot. I remember feeling sorry for his wife and kids.

I don't get how anyone can throw away thousands every year gambling, winning nothing, then complain that they don't have anything for retirement. HELLO???? That isn't a bad economy problem, that's an irresponsibility problem.

It took 19 rolls because people were buying PB tickets instead. It's amazing how scratch-off tickets their selling these days and i'm seeing friends playing that always hated the lotto.

Teddi's avatarTeddi

I Agree!......Didn't i tell you yesterday to stop making so much sense?? What's your problem huh? All these facts, figures and common sense that you keep on posting. You better stop it!!! hahhaha. Indeed, you are right Teddi, i was going to add the same thing in my next post but you beat me to it.

LMAO, I'll try, but I can't make any promises. 

enough talk about serious matters. I want this to get to the $1 Billion mark. No more skirting around it or just falling short. MM went through this much trouble changing the matrix, time for it to pay off.

I Agree!

Teddi's avatarTeddi

It took 19 rolls because people were buying PB tickets instead. It's amazing how scratch-off tickets their selling these days and i'm seeing friends playing that always hated the lotto.

Powerball was around last year and the year before as well. The PB is now at $60 million, the MM was at over $300 million before last night. And how much did it move by? Less than $50 million. Does that seem like a frenzy of ticket sales to you? And at only $60 million one can't blame PB either

The fact is that people are waiting for the jackpots in either game to climb high before they bother to start playing earnestly. Desperate people don't wait. They buy what they can when they can and they buy tickets regardless of what the jackpot amount is at. Sales of state lotteries are dwindling because people would rather take their chances with the harder to win but more lucrative MM & PB. Even though one is almost impossible to win and the other is twice the price. Again, those are not the actions of a people in desperation.

thaencyder

This isn't hard to understand. The jackpot keeps rolling big because MM made it harder to win with the recent changes to the game. Obviously, the harder it is to win the larger the jackpot gets. It's simple as that.

DDOH937's avatarDDOH937

Hmmmm, people were indeed focused on PB there for a minute when it went climbing to over $400 Million before shifting focus back to MM. I often wonder what it'd be like if they went head to head....one won on a friday , the other on the saturday and no winners for 15-20 draws. I guess based on the points both Redstang and Teddi are making, It'll either be both jackpots soaring or both lagging. Not sure. And what is the deal with the extremely high rate of scratch off sales? I think i've only ever purchased 2 or so in my life. They just seem so darn pricey.

noise-gate

Keep climbing Baby$$$$- Daddy is waiting to take you home!
California is on a Hot Streak... " Ain't no stopped us Now"- Don't believe, just Watch!

Party

KillerDemo

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Mar 12, 2014

Keep climbing Baby$$$$- Daddy is waiting to take you home!
California is on a Hot Streak... " Ain't no stopped us Now"- Don't believe, just Watch!

Party

Yes Nod  Lets get it $$$  Cali!!!

I am confused. Why do you think it is wrong saving half of disposable income and placing it in an IRA or 401k? My response had nothing to do with 19 rollovers? I have not even brought up or compared rollovers yet on this current story line.

Teddi's avatarTeddi

I am confused. Why do you think it is wrong saving half of disposable income and placing it in an IRA or 401k? My response had nothing to do with 19 rollovers? I have not even brought up or compared rollovers yet on this current story line.

Go back to page 1 and you'll see that this comment has absolutely nothing to do with savings or retirement. You guys were saying the jackpots were high because the economy sucks and no one has any faith in getting a job even with a degree. That's what this was in response to. I don't think anyone in their right minds would say it's wrong to save for retirement.

Teddi's avatarTeddi

Hmmmm, people were indeed focused on PB there for a minute when it went climbing to over $400 Million before shifting focus back to MM. I often wonder what it'd be like if they went head to head....one won on a friday , the other on the saturday and no winners for 15-20 draws. I guess based on the points both Redstang and Teddi are making, It'll either be both jackpots soaring or both lagging. Not sure. And what is the deal with the extremely high rate of scratch off sales? I think i've only ever purchased 2 or so in my life. They just seem so darn pricey.

If both jackpots were at $500 million at the same time, I think people would lose their minds. 

Do you pick the jackpot that's harder to win or the one that costs more? 

In any case, the point I was trying to make was that it isn't the economy why jackpots have increased, it's the changes in the lottery itself. If people really were that financially desperate there should have been a run on last night's drawing. An increase of only $44 million on a jackpot that is over $300 million and when Powerball is down at $60 million is a sign that people are waiting for the jackpot to grow. Waiting does not equal desperate. Especially when the Powerball was won 2 weeks ago.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I don't mind the rise in prices to increase the jackpots. You can almost win 100mill every month. I throw thousands away in taxes every year and get nothing for it, so the extra dollars spent on lotto does'nt bother me. I never understood why people only play when jackpots are really big. I guess everyone wants a bargain for their $$$.

Could you change your avatar?

It reminds me of one of my mother in law's eyes glaring at me.

Really creeps me out.

Thanks ever so much.

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

Yep, RedStang, adults are financially desperate and/or destitute all over this planet!

weshar75's avatarweshar75

Well I got my ticket today and I went out on a limb and bought my own set of numbers.  I have been playing them since the matrix change so I hope that I at least get the mega ball on friday night.  Come on big money and no whammies!-weshar75

US Flag

Go back to page 1 and you'll see that this comment has absolutely nothing to do with savings or retirement. You guys were saying the jackpots were high because the economy sucks and no one has any faith in getting a job even with a degree. That's what this was in response to. I don't think anyone in their right minds would say it's wrong to save for retirement.

I went back to page 1 and only saw my reference about young people having no faith in the job market and absolutely no mention of Any number of draws this current jackpot has experienced. I am glad you do agree that it's wrong not to save for retirement.

peppy007

If both jackpots were at $500 million at the same time, I think people would lose their minds. 

In any case, the point I was trying to make was that it isn't the economy why jackpots have increased, it's the changes in the lottery itself. If people really were that financially desperate there should have been a run on last night's drawing. An increase of only $44 million on a jackpot that is over $300 million and when Powerball is down at $60 million is a sign that people are waiting for the jackpot to grow. Waiting does not equal desperate. Especially when the Powerball was won 2 weeks ago.

If both jackpots were even and u just plan on playing one line then pb is ur game to play because of the odds on one line, but if u have $2 to spend the smart choice (though not so obvious to some) would be to spend it on two lines of mm. Reason being odds are cut in half bettering the pb odds by about 45 million.

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 12, 2014

Could you change your avatar?

It reminds me of one of my mother in law's eyes glaring at me.

Really creeps me out.

Thanks ever so much.

Lol. Like the horror movies where the eye ball is looking thru the key hole.

Marilyn222's avatarMarilyn222

Star Does anybody know how to change Avatar?

I already bought my tickets for MM and PB. What is the right time to buy ticket to get good numbers, do you know?Smile

RJOh's avatarRJOh

"Do you pick the jackpot that's harder to win or the one that costs more?" 

If you look at both games odds of winning per dollars spent, MM is not only cheaper but has better odds too.

MM's odds per two  $1  tickets =  1 : 129445425
PB's odds per one  $2  ticket = 1 : 175223510

I wish Colorado wins the JP for MM for once.Wink

Marilyn go to options up top.

I just find it strange that sales increase for a game that's harder to win when the jackpot goes up.

Thank you RedStang.Smile

Teddi's avatarTeddi

I went back to page 1 and only saw my reference about young people having no faith in the job market and absolutely no mention of Any number of draws this current jackpot has experienced. I am glad you do agree that it's wrong not to save for retirement.

I'm just going to chalk it up to you being confused as you stated earlier. Because you didn't have to mention number of draws, I mentioned it as a way of refuting your statement. Since I don't get your current response and since I vehemently expressed how ridiculous it is for people not to save (who would say otherwise?) let's go with you being confused and move on.

Teddi's avatarTeddi

Marilyn go to options up top.

I just find it strange that sales increase for a game that's harder to win when the jackpot goes up.

I have a theory that the higher the jackpot the less people care about odds or price. I think everyone has a WTH number. When the jackpot reaches a certain amount, they go "oh, WTH, why not buy at least one ticket". When the jackpot is below a certain amount then common sense is more involved. The voice in the head whispers about wasting money and unlikely probabilities. Hit the magic number and that voice switches to talking about what you can buy and how you never have to worry about money ever again.

Just my theory. LOLCrazy

thaencyder

Quote: Originally posted by Marilyn222 on Mar 12, 2014

I already bought my tickets for MM and PB. What is the right time to buy ticket to get good numbers, do you know?Smile

I hear around 3:PM is a good time to buy winning tickets. Lol.

nah, I'm just kidding. Of course there is no good time to get good numbers. Everyone has an equal chance of winning and losig no matter what method they claim to use. Personally, I have no hope in winning the JP. Only play to win second place to get up to $5 mil (by choosing the megaplier option) and go from there. 

Anywaya good luck.

I wish to win just for the sake of winning. At least I'd like to see that God is on my side. If not, I guess I have to do good more.Big Grin Angel

Good luck to you too, the Encyder!Big Smile I wish all of us here win...

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

I played one line with MegaPlier. #13 is my mega number. Good luck people.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I wish Colorado wins the JP for MM for once.Wink

Marilyn, I heard nobody cares if they win in Colorado anymore as long as they can get stoned on that legal reefer out there now.

Marilyn, I heard nobody cares if they win in Colorado anymore as long as they can get stoned on that legal reefer out there now.

I hope not all.Smile

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

The cash option will be wonderful!

1 Ticket!

1 Winner!

Lep

weshar75's avatarweshar75

Ridge oregon has weed too.  But I do not smoke it because I want to win the million dollars and since I have megaplier on my ticket I will take the other millions on top of that too.-weshar75

US Flag

KillerDemo

Quote: Originally posted by weshar75 on Mar 13, 2014

Ridge oregon has weed too.  But I do not smoke it because I want to win the million dollars and since I have megaplier on my ticket I will take the other millions on top of that too.-weshar75

US Flag

Whats smoking weed got to do with hitting numbers in lottery?

I have a theory that the higher the jackpot the less people care about odds or price. I think everyone has a WTH number. When the jackpot reaches a certain amount, they go "oh, WTH, why not buy at least one ticket". When the jackpot is below a certain amount then common sense is more involved. The voice in the head whispers about wasting money and unlikely probabilities. Hit the magic number and that voice switches to talking about what you can buy and how you never have to worry about money ever again.

Just my theory. LOLCrazy

They should advertise the jackpot at 950mill for a day to see what happens with sales. Then tell everyone it was a computer glitch.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Mar 13, 2014

They should advertise the jackpot at 950mill for a day to see what happens with sales. Then tell everyone it was a computer glitch.

No regular lottery player would ever believe the jackpot jump to $950M if it wasn't near that for the previous drawing.  Lottery player may be dumbies buy they aren't that dumb.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I hope not all.Smile

Hey, even the President flew out there "to golf."   LOL  Wink

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I hope not all.Smile

Just kiddin', Marilyn.

Good luck to you.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by KillerDemo on Mar 13, 2014

They say you can pick out the "groovy numbers" better that way.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by weshar75 on Mar 13, 2014

US Flag

Good man, weshar75.

That stuff'll make ya null and void.

KillerDemo

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 13, 2014

Good man, weshar75.

That stuff'll make ya null and void.

Roll Eyes 

Deaths from these 2 substances

Weed = 0

Alcohol =  Alot.

Quote: Originally posted by KillerDemo on Mar 13, 2014

I think what weshar75 is implying is that he would rather put his hard earned money toward possibly winning a lottery than wasting it on pot.

I'm just going to chalk it up to you being confused as you stated earlier. Because you didn't have to mention number of draws, I mentioned it as a way of refuting your statement. Since I don't get your current response and since I vehemently expressed how ridiculous it is for people not to save (who would say otherwise?) let's go with you being confused and move on.

It seems you are the one confused. I never mentioned numbers of draws but you elected to validate your point on a different matter. It is obvious you didn't grasp my original comment so I will leave it at that.

Gleno's avatarGleno

Jumping Jeepers, another huge Jackpot! Hope there is more than one winner. 

Anyone ever heard of a Jackpot winner parking their money offshore or do they mostly spend it or donate it away?  Do only big corporations and savy super rich participate in this activity? What good is your dough if it's in an overseas bank? It's probably better to buy gold. 

What?

Quote: Originally posted by Gleno on Mar 13, 2014

Jumping Jeepers, another huge Jackpot! Hope there is more than one winner. 

Anyone ever heard of a Jackpot winner parking their money offshore or do they mostly spend it or donate it away?  Do only big corporations and savy super rich participate in this activity? What good is your dough if it's in an overseas bank? It's probably better to buy gold. 

What?

Unless your getting a better interest rate, off shore doesn't seem to inviting these days with uncle sam cracking down.

Teddi's avatarTeddi

Quote: Originally posted by Drenick1 on Mar 13, 2014

It seems you are the one confused. I never mentioned numbers of draws but you elected to validate your point on a different matter. It is obvious you didn't grasp my original comment so I will leave it at that.

Ah no. You do realize that if you make statements that people have the right to say you're wrong and to provide their reasoning, not just an opinion pulled out of thin air. You made a statement and I refuted it using...evidence. Wow. What a novel concept. That you still have trouble grasping that concept boggles the mind. You didn't have to mention the number of draws, you didn't actually mention anything other than to give a flawed view. Now someone else comes along and says here is why you premise is faulty, and you can't seem to get it, you keep harping on not mentioning the draws as if that has anything to do with it. Didn't you ever take debate in school? This is how it's done. Geez.

And for the record, YOU were the one who said you were confused. I was simply agreeing with you, and you still have a problem with that. Hello?? If I disagree it's an issue, if I agree it's an issue. Make up your mind before responding again. You're seriously getting tedious.

Teddi's avatarTeddi

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Mar 13, 2014

At $950 million I see people mortgaging their houses and taking out cash advances on their credit cards. A computer glitch would end up in widescale riots. Can you just imagine it?

Quote: Originally posted by Teddi on Mar 13, 2014

Ah no. You do realize that if you make statements that people have the right to say you're wrong and to provide their reasoning, not just an opinion pulled out of thin air. You made a statement and I refuted it using...evidence. Wow. What a novel concept. That you still have trouble grasping that concept boggles the mind. You didn't have to mention the number of draws, you didn't actually mention anything other than to give a flawed view. Now someone else comes along and says here is why you premise is faulty, and you can't seem to get it, you keep harping on not mentioning the draws as if that has anything to do with it. Didn't you ever take debate in school? This is how it's done. Geez.

And for the record, YOU were the one who said you were confused. I was simply agreeing with you, and you still have a problem with that. Hello?? If I disagree it's an issue, if I agree it's an issue. Make up your mind before responding again. You're seriously getting tedious.

It seems you took debate class from liberals with extreme ideology because that is how your brain operates. You manufacture nonsense and expect everyone to agree. Next time there is a discussion on currency values you would most likely interject your opinion on Global warning.

I have no tolerance for liberals who constantly propose their close minded views.

Jill34786's avatarJill34786

Haven't bought a lottery ticket since the last big PB jackpot but I will have to get a few for this one.

Teddi's avatarTeddi

Quote: Originally posted by Drenick1 on Mar 13, 2014

It seems you took debate class from liberals with extreme ideology because that is how your brain operates. You manufacture nonsense and expect everyone to agree. Next time there is a discussion on currency values you would most likely interject your opinion on Global warning.

I have no tolerance for liberals who constantly propose their close minded views.

Tedious, tedious, tedious. Let's see how this works, shown wrong starts making imbecilic and sophomoric potshots, because that always works so well. Get back to us when you're done throwing your little hissy fit. Maybe you can come up with an intelligent response instead of behaving like a two year old on a sugar high...but I doubt it.

hsg2000

PukeMail For You No Pity!  US Flag   

Hope that it is that night tonite that someone comes out smiling with the grand prize winning ticket, just few hours more for the grab!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by hsg2000 on Mar 13, 2014

Hope that it is that night tonite that someone comes out smiling with the grand prize winning ticket, just few hours more for the grab!!!!

You mean tomorrow, right?!

hsg2000

yes!!!!!!!

DDOH937's avatarDDOH937

Quote: Originally posted by Teddi on Mar 13, 2014

At $950 million I see people mortgaging their houses and taking out cash advances on their credit cards. A computer glitch would end up in widescale riots. Can you just imagine it?

At $950 Million?? I'm selling the car and my leather sofa. hahaha!!! Might even get rid of that darn iphone too. Gotta raise cash for that pot you kow!!! LOL!!!

LottoMetro's avatarLottoMetro

If it rolls, Tuesday's jackpot will start at $400 million. Good luck to everyone playing tonight! Thumbs Up

DDOH937's avatarDDOH937

Quote: Originally posted by LottoMetro on Mar 14, 2014

If it rolls, Tuesday's jackpot will start at $400 million. Good luck to everyone playing tonight! Thumbs Up

I'd say so, that seems to be the hot number with these jackpots. When it gets to $400 Million then people start juicing up the excitement. Good luck to you too. Well, not too much luck though :))

Good luck tonight everyone!

Candlelight777's avatarCandlelight777

Good luck everyone on the drawing tonight!!!

Drum

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

Quote: Originally posted by Candlelight777 on Mar 14, 2014

Good luck everyone on the drawing tonight!!!

Drum

Good luck everyone (all LP members) on the drawing tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Drum

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

Quote: Originally posted by hsg2000 on Mar 13, 2014

believe me, what saw today>>>>>>>>"EVERYWHERE"

Lottery fever back again $$$$$$$$$$$

PukeNo Pity!Puke  people R starvin 2 win Puke

US Flag

Quote: Originally posted by DDOH937 on Mar 14, 2014

At $950 Million?? I'm selling the car and my leather sofa. hahaha!!! Might even get rid of that darn iphone too. Gotta raise cash for that pot you kow!!! LOL!!!

Funny. First thing i would get rid of is my alarm clock. Most annoying sound ever.

sully16's avatarsully16

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Mar 14, 2014

Funny. First thing i would get rid of is my alarm clock. Most annoying sound ever.

lol, Alarm clock smashing party could be in order.

Maybe no winner with those numbers......hopefully

Number 69 has been busy lately.

No jackpot winners!

$400 million for tues

alexnt55

Quote: Originally posted by mightwin on Mar 15, 2014

No jackpot winners!

$400 million for tues

My guess is we will see an increase by the time they draw for Tuesday. An extra day to sell tickets plus the PB jackpot is on the low side. Ticket sales for this drawing were a little under 72 million. Couple of years ago an advertised JP of 200 million would sell around 70 million. Shows it takes really huge JP now to get ticket sales up

Quote: Originally posted by alexnt55 on Mar 15, 2014

My guess is we will see an increase by the time they draw for Tuesday. An extra day to sell tickets plus the PB jackpot is on the low side. Ticket sales for this drawing were a little under 72 million. Couple of years ago an advertised JP of 200 million would sell around 70 million. Shows it takes really huge JP now to get ticket sales up

If it doesn't get raised at all then it's a good sign people are not playing because of the more difficult odds, we'll have to wait and see.

rgrpark

This increase is pretty sad considering that back in Mar 27, 2012, the pot increased from 363M to 656M in one drawing. What's going on??

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Quote: Originally posted by rgrpark on Mar 15, 2014

This increase is pretty sad considering that back in Mar 27, 2012, the pot increased from 363M to 656M in one drawing. What's going on??

$224 million - the feds cut of $89+ million....netting $137 Million +, after taxes ???....I think thats doable

gocart1's avatargocart1

Quote: Originally posted by rgrpark on Mar 15, 2014

I Agree!

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story