Welcome Guest
The time is now 5:55 pm
You last visited September 30, 2014, 5:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Overdue Numbers

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 10 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How do you deal with overdue numbers and situations?

Play them, they're "due". [ 34 ]  [53.97%]
Don't play them, they're on a "losing streak". [ 7 ]  [11.11%]
Not a factor. [ 22 ]  [34.92%]
Total Valid Votes [ 63 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 21 ]  
Bemidji MN
United States
Member #3340
January 13, 2004
108 Posts
Posted: February 13, 2004, 11:00 am - IP Logged

Curious to see how all of you handle a situation (ie., doubles, sums, odd / even, etc.) or a number that is "overdue".

Best regards and good wishes.

Rick

"Announcing your plans is a good way to hear God laugh"

United States
    Member #3686
    February 12, 2004
    20 Posts
    Posted: February 13, 2004, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

I hit most of my numbers on cold ones.

United States
      Member #3686
      February 12, 2004
      20 Posts
      Posted: February 13, 2004, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

I play cold numbers because you cant flip a coin a 100 times on tails. I also play cold numbers because planets are round instead of square. I know a lot of folks say that past number data means nothing. But if that is so, then we would have square planets, or whatever other shape.

I dont play "hot" numbers for all of the same reasons. I would rather play most cold numbers and a few from the middle ground. Of course taking into consideration a lot of other factors.

I know what physics claim and  a flip of a coin is still 50/50 even if you flipped 99 tails. I would love to see a person flip a coin 99 times in a row on tails and offer me a bet on the next flip.(saying there not using a trick coin) I would put it all on heads because there is a median to everything in nature. Nature is a balance. And there is always a median. Thus we have round planets. Life is ALL about balance. Its not always perfect, but there is always some sort of median to shoot for. Otherwise the planets would not be round. Also the planets are not "perfectly" round. But overall, they are round.

Randomness is controlled by nature or some other force that we cannot see. But the fact is that it doesnt make favorites over long periods of time. There are spikes here and there, but overall there is always the "median" that everything in nature has to answer for.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
        Stone Mountain*Georgia
        United States
        Member #828
        November 2, 2002
        10385 Posts
        Posted: February 13, 2004, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Uri......I like it when you talk dirty like that. LOL  You are very right sir. People confuse odds and probability all the time. The odds on a equally likely dvent will always remain at 1/2. The probability against this having the same result consecutively go down with every like outcome.

All these pundits and probability pontificates know this in their hearts. Just ask one of them to bet even money that they can throw 10 heads in a row. LOL

Remember this: an dvent or contest can be  ....... one dvent and  1 coin toss or....... it can be a single dvent envolving 10 tosses

Nice Post......spread the word. 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
          Member #91
          January 19, 2002
          10097 Posts
          Posted: February 13, 2004, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

I had a good streak at the start of the year playing the megaballs that didnt hit in 2003, I'm still waiting for 2 to hit, before I move on to other cold megaballs.  I usually wait till they are way overdue before I look at them.  The number 2 has been sitiing out since june of 2002.  Thats more than three turns of all megaballs.  I think it was 116 draws before all the megaballs came out.  This is getting close to 160 draws.  Time for the coin to flip heads. 

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
            Virginia
            United States
            Member #1712
            June 20, 2003
            1549 Posts
            Posted: February 13, 2004, 6:09 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by KyngeRycharde on February 13, 2004

Curious to see how all of you handle a situation (ie., doubles, sums, odd / even, etc.) or a number that is "overdue".

Best regards and good wishes.

Rick

KyngeRycharde:

My "Spreadsheet" let's me know when a number will be coming due to "hit."

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

United States
              Member #1003
              January 8, 2003
              169 Posts
              Posted: February 13, 2004, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

I really like to play when the odds are in my favor and play at the top of the records for a number or group of numbers. Like Win d says, " That way, your closer than not". If your wrong that day you don't have long to wait.

United States
                Member #1759
                June 29, 2003
                1156 Posts
                Posted: February 13, 2004, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

That was pure "POETRY" UriGellar simply amazing!!!!

United States
                  Member #3686
                  February 12, 2004
                  20 Posts
                  Posted: February 13, 2004, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Gee....was it THAT good?

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                    Dump Water Florida
                    United States
                    Member #380
                    June 5, 2002
                    2911 Posts
                    Posted: February 14, 2004, 1:28 am - IP Logged

Talking Pick-6, there is usually a number that is really dead for something like 50 draws and another that's out about 30 that takes over when the really dead one finally gets drawn.  These numbers are best not played until they show some life. 

Then there are the numbers that are resting after a good smattering of hits, these can revive at any time and are worth having in the mix as due not to be confused with cold which haven't been drawn for x number of drawings (depending on game size)  from whose group you get zero one or two of the winning numbers in each draw.

With lotto balls there are different levels of dead, from very dead to not so dead. 

I had some luck with Fantasy Five for a time playing the 20 longest out numbers you could call cold and average, it bounces around and it helps to play the remaining numbers on a minimum number of lines for insurance.

BobP

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                      FEMA Region V Camp #21
                      United States
                      Member #520
                      July 27, 2002
                      5699 Posts
                      Posted: February 14, 2004, 2:45 am - IP Logged

My two cents...

I understand the theory and reasoning behind playing cold or due numbers but in my experience it seems that the hotter numbers come in more often.  We've all been burned on playing due numbers that don't come in.  I remember last year in the FL Pick 3 the digit 1 did not come in for a month in any position.  It was 10 times overdue before it came in.  Common theory is that 3 times overdue is the time to start betting, so that would have been a lot of wasted money on the digit 1.

I'm with others who say the time to start playing a cold or overdue number is when it starts hitting.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                        Stone Mountain*Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #828
                        November 2, 2002
                        10385 Posts
                        Posted: February 14, 2004, 5:40 am - IP Logged

Rick G.

That is interesting. How did that number perform before or after that month. Just curious. I wonder if that's a record for the U.S.  Did you notice anything else during that time that was going on? Things like an unusual amount of say..... straights or doubles etc. Had you noticed anything unusual happening just before this digit tanked? Thanks.

Let us know what time and what digit that was..... perhaps that might be interesting to someone in another state. We might find out it was hiding out and hitting in New Mexico. LOL Do you remember any other anomilies like this .....or things that performed way above the expected hit rates?

P.S.  If anyone else can tell us about their states recourds on hot and cold it might help. Maybe.... there are some common things going on at the same time.  

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

glenny's avatar - peace
                          kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #3550
                          January 30, 2004
                          14 Posts
                          Posted: February 14, 2004, 6:09 am - IP Logged

I just play cash 3.

I watch for numbers 60 months since last hit. Longest ive seen go was 65 months.This is boxed or combo if you will.

Now why I do this,the odds for any set of numbers to come in are the same every night.But we all know the same set isnt coming in every night,like the coin toss theory.I like to refer to thr LAW OF AVERAGE.Eventually my set of numbers will hit of coarse.When?Thats why they call it gamling.I go with my gut and experience.

Behind every good man theres a good woman.

Happy Valentines Day to all. 

United States
                            Member #3686
                            February 12, 2004
                            20 Posts
                            Posted: February 14, 2004, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Numbers that are "due" since the last 50 draws, 100 draws, 150, draws...etc. will change. I try to look at as many combonations as I have time for. I could filter forever on next weeks draw. I wish I had a program that did all of the type of filtering that I like and all in one click.

But after so much filtering and over anylising draw history, I feel like im in the matrix looking for the anomoly. Overanylising seems at times to lead you back where you started, with the confusing choice of selecting a group of numbers.

As the Kernal Sanders looking guy in the matrix so elequently put it. "the problem is CHOICE"

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                              San Angelo, Texas
                              United States
                              Member #1097
                              January 31, 2003
                              1107 Posts
                              Posted: March 1, 2004, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing lotteries forever and I've never been able to adequately define hot, cold, and due!!!  As an alternative, I use "due" because any number is due to come up in the next drawing.

To aid my selection of numbers, I maintain a 'due' list of all numbers combined in one sequence. I also maintain 'due' lists for each number series 'by position' As an aid, I use 'A' to represent all numbers between 1 and  9, B for 10-19, C for 20-29 and D for 30-37.

I have a number of charts that assist in number selection from the 'due' lists. For example, if I decide, using other data, that the next winning combination, after being put in numerical order, will be ABCCD. I then refer to due list for As in position 1, Bs in position 2, etc. Using this method and selecting the number at the top of each list, I would come up with 7.13.25.28.30. I then check the winning number and pretest lists to make sure I'm not playing a combination that has already come up. I would use the same method in constructing a second alphabetical sequence and select numbers from the same due lists.

However, I have found over a period of time that the numbers sitting on the top of each list don't necessarily come up in the next drawing. In fact, a number somewhere in the middle of the list is the better choice!

I use the combined 'due' list when I decide to get my numbers via a wheel. I usually pick 14 numbers, which is the limit with the wheel system I use.

Again, the numbers at the top of the list aren't a sure thing.

In the Texas 5/37 lottery, the current combined number due list shows 37 as being what some would call 'hot' or 'stone cold.' In fact, 37 has not come up in the last 11 drawings. Previously, 15 was on top for 3 drawings. Before that, 6 was on top for 8 drawings.  This data is from the first of the year when new sets of balls were put into play.

There was a time when I would wheel the top 14 numbers! I learned that that was a poor choice! By keeping track of results day-by-day, I seem to have more luck by breaking the list in 5  parts. The last winning combination is part 5.  So, I usually pick a repeat number and 3 or 4 numbers from each of the other 4 parts.

If my data indicates that a triple is due, AAA, etc, I go heavy on those numbers. But, I always wheel at least 2 numbers from each number group.

Unfortunately, I haven't found the secret in picking 5 winning numbers. But, I have had many 2/5 and 3/5 wins, and 2 4/5 wins. In fact, I'm very good at picking 2/5, which pays $2!!!!.

Bottom line, having a variety of choices is better than relying on a single set of numbers.