Welcome Guest
The time is now 1:46 am
You last visited August 1, 2014, 1:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lottery player association?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 years ago by goose.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

China
Member #3032
December 16, 2003
1081 Posts
Posted: February 17, 2004, 3:10 am - IP Logged

I read a news today that mentioned about US professional lottery player association or something like that

Is there such a professional lottery player association and if yes,what is it for?

thx

Columbia City, Indiana
    United States
    Member #2978
    December 9, 2003
    381 Posts
    Posted: February 23, 2004, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Goose:

There are no Lottery Player Associations operating in America, but there probably should be. This is something I've been kicking around for a few months now, but I have no idea what the legalities might be for such a project. I would think you'd run into severe opposition from whatever state you were trying to organize; the lottery business is a very powerful lobby.

It could be argued that, since the lottery games are designated as a "voluntary" or "sin" tax, states need these players' associations to safeguard the interests of the constituency. Otherwise, we're forced to accept taxation without representation, which is defined as "tyranny", which is prohibited by the United States Constitution.

Another viable argument would be that, since the commission essentially has a monopoly on the lottery games, a players' association is necessary in order to institute an acceptable system of checks and balances. That is, to ensure the players were properly represented in the actual draw process, in addition to security personnel and accounting firms.

We certainly need such an organization in Indiana, but I'm sure that any state could see benefits from it.

Jim 

United States
      Member #3823
      February 23, 2004
      2 Posts
      Posted: February 23, 2004, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

Ha!  The Lottery business is hardly a powerful lobby.  A player association is a good idea, just hard to organize.  Lottery Post is about as close as it comes.  Powerball might be the next group to get something together with its (coming soon) "My Powerball" section.  Now just for email, but someday to be for a player club, testing of new game ideas and options and general questions and bitching.

Any site that offers a place for intelligent player comments (something better than "pay back 200%) would be welcomed by any state lottery.

United States
        Member #2460
        October 7, 2003
        766 Posts
        Posted: February 23, 2004, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if there are any "Formal" lottery associations that everybody knows about.

But there are groups of people who get together to play lottery and some of them even to device systems or techniques to win and some of them also use lottery programs to help them, some are more "Public" and some more "Private" of course, most of them don't usually go around telling everybody about themselves, I know that most of You will of course have a hard time believing this, but no matter to me, I am just stating a fact that it is of course not very well known.

Bye.

China
          Member #3032
          December 16, 2003
          1081 Posts
          Posted: February 24, 2004, 1:01 am - IP Logged

I heard of that from somewhere I forgot and you let me know there are such pvt or public pots where they get together for lottery play.Maybe we will know more about it in the future

goose