Welcome Guest
The time is now 11:58 am
You last visited April 18, 2014, 11:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick 3 Best Pickers

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Sedertree.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Australia
Member #3084
December 22, 2003
328 Posts
Posted: August 4, 2004, 3:58 am - IP Logged

The top pickers for Pick3 a

Australia
    Member #3084
    December 22, 2003
    328 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2004, 4:40 am - IP Logged

One option for the Prediction Statistics that I would consider useful would be a button where you zeroed your History.

For example in Pick 3 if you are around or above the i$10,000 mark spent and your hovering around 44% you have too much ground to make up. It would be better to Zero your History and start again with a different method and looking to be as consistent as possible.

On the other hand if you have spent that much and are above the 55% mark you are doing very well and a short bad run will just be absorbed with no fuss.

Colin

Australia
      Member #3084
      December 22, 2003
      328 Posts
      Posted: August 12, 2004, 4:12 am - IP Logged

To update those that I think are doing better than Random Selections for the imaginary Dollars spent once again about i$8,000 spent and around 10 points above 44%.

Glent                 i$8,090        62.91%
      Saleo Paleo      i$26,435      54.51%
      Winners            i$ 7,943      54.51%
      Jani Norman      i$9,729        54.37%

Well, what do you know Top 4 unchanged.

Colin

East Jordan, MI
        United States
        Member #2
        June 1, 2001
        675 Posts
        Posted: August 13, 2004, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

Colin,

I agree with most of what you've said here.  I would rather see the bar raised to 10 points above 50% which represents the house edge.  The rest of your formula looks good from a statistical aspect.  Doing this would surely indicate talent over luck.

Perhaps Todd could reward that kind of achievement with a some sort of special recognition on the "Top Predictors" Page.  However, I'm sure his "inbox" is way too full at present.

Australia
          Member #3084
          December 22, 2003
          328 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2004, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

George

I agree.

However, using the current prize structure when I test with Random Selections over various States I only get 44.5% for Pick 3 so I've used that.

I think things will get interesting later on when Players such as yourself get up around the $8,000 mark. It's important that any Player who is itching to get to that level be patient and stick to their system if it's working. I expect later on there will be quite a few on the same % marks and that may be the time to raise the bar to i$10,000 spent.

I value your comments; sometimes I wonder whether I'm just talking to myself. In fact I think I've been talking too much lately and not doing enough nitty gritty work.

I originally came to this forum to get some idea of what others were achieving in Pick 6 games and later on PowerBall games after working on my system for 2 years. You may recall I promoted the idea that one's success should be measured against that achieved by Random Selections and this was before Todd was producing his Prediction Statistics; I even posted some tables for reference.

In the Pick 6 and PowerBall games I've pretty well had to work out what others are achieving by looking at their methods. To tell the truth most of them I looked at in my early days of endeavor. However, with Pick 3 and Pick 4 I have some meaningful figures to compare whatever I achieve with. Pick 3 and Pick 4 are not played in Australia.

So I'm psyching myself up now that I've got the measuring sorted out to begin my adventure; I won't begin until I'm in the right mood then I could well work all night. Initially I will approach it on the basis of treating them the same way I do PowerBalls; if that don't work I'll keep slugging away until I find it. This usually involves strange behavior like jumping out of bed and rushing to the computer to try something before the thought is lost at 3 am in the morning. There is a thrill that people who do a bit of creative programming get when something works that is probably hard for others to realize. You start singing out YES! YES!, jumping up and down and doing high fives with yourself in front of the mirror.

Some of us are in it for the challenge, the thrill of the chase and proving the pundits who say it is impossible wrong; money returned is just another way of expressing the win ratios.

Regards
          Colin

East Jordan, MI
            United States
            Member #2
            June 1, 2001
            675 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2004, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

Colin,

Again we are in agreement.

On the contrary, I've read some of your posts and find it nice to have a like-minded fellow among the membership.  Just keep talking, when you can.  It breaks up the monotony.

I keep a small notepad in my back pocket at work for just those instances you spoke of.  Ideas can be fleeting and are often lost forever if not acted upon or documented.  It is exciting when we come upon something new and innovative that works as it's supposed to.  I've had the pleasure a few times now.

Like you said, keep slugging away at it.  Spend some time researching outside of the lottery community to find new ideas that have some bearing on random dvent prediction.  Always try to think outside of the box.  The pick-3 and pick-4 are excellent games in which to hone your skills.  They can always be ported over to the bigger games if they work.

Best Regards in Your Quest,

....../George