Mega Millions lottery jackpot increases to $94 million

May 15, 2006, 10:21 am (19 comments)

Mega Millions

The jackpot in the multi-state Mega Millions lottery game grew to $94 million Saturday.

None of the tickets sold for Friday night's $80 million drawing matched all five lotto numbers and the Mega Ball number. The next drawing will be Tuesday night.

There were nine second-prize winners from Friday night's drawing: 2 from California, 1 from Georgia, 1 from Illinois, 1 from Michigan, 1 from Texas, 2 from Virginia, and 1 from Washington.  Each ticket matched all five lotto numbers but not the Mega Ball number to win $250,000.

The California winners will receive $109,176 each because California does not award the fixed prize amounts that the other Mega Millions states use. 

Also, 34 players matched four of the five lotto numbers, plus the Mega Ball number. Those tickets are each worth $10,000, except those sold in California, which are worth $9,925.

The winning numbers from Friday's drawing were: 6, 36, 39, 45, and 52. The Mega Ball number was 45.

The Texas Megaplier was 3.

Lottery Post Staff

Tags for this story

Other popular tags

Comments

Just6ntlc

I hope MM continues to roll. Congratulations to 2nd prize winners outside of CA. With 45 becoming the winning number of both WB and MB, Mega Millions has only 9 numbers left in terms of not having the winning numbers of both WB and MB. They are 2, 7, 9, 28, 33, 37, 38, 39, and 46.

bellyache's avatarbellyache

There were even more second place winners for Mega then Powerball. Nice. =)

Shay's avatarShay

I am hoping to get at least 3 out of 6 on the next draw. Goergia does'nt seem to be that lucky though. You hardly find winners of a big jackpot in Georgia. I think Georgia needs to upgrade their machines. Just my opinion.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

If you pick your own numbers, the machines don't effect whether your tickets win or not, beside if you buy QPs, they are random  and random doesn't change with upgrades.  Good luck to you.

Shay's avatarShay

I do pick my own numbers, I'm just saying qp here in ga are a joke.

DoubleDown

I do pick my own numbers, I'm just saying qp here in ga are a joke.

Shay, we did have a couple of decent Jackpots here in GA over the last couple of years....

One in Washington, Ga I recall for >$100 Mil and one in Fitzgerald for over $300 Mil  when the MM was known as the Big Game.

But I agree, we need to have us some more winners !!!

Go buy your tickets at that lucky store in Americus-- Wayne's World, I believe it is... They have sold 2 or 3 Jackpots....

DD 

SassyOhio's avatarSassyOhio

I am back in the game and I SURE NEED THAT JACKPOT NOW LOL  Good luck to everyone on tomorrows drawing!!!!

And just to let everyone know that the girls are doing well

auspatriotman

I live in Florida. How can I play the Megaball and whom is reputable that I can use so that when I buy the number AND WIN (hopea-hopea-hope) I will be paid?

Thank You Very Much

LLoyd

I live in Florida. How can I play the Megaball and whom is reputable that I can use so that when I buy the number AND WIN (hopea-hopea-hope) I will be paid?

Thank You Very Much

LLoyd

Lloyd .. your more them welcome to be in my pool if ya would like ...I give each player an agreement .  Depending on how you payed to be in ( weekly , Bi- Weekly or Monthly) I would adjust yours accordingly. There are 6 in our pool .. I also play a additional PICKED numbers outside the pool and in the pool we play auto lotto and I give everyone and agreement each draw and a copy of the tickets and each agreement has all players in the pool on it so when we hit there is plenty of proof of your enrollment to the poo; :) ...  Let me know if ya want me to get them for ya and how ya want to play in the pool or alone......Other wise you can play like on Bet slips but pay alot more for the ticket costs and fees PLUS lose a certain percentage:(

Lets  Get The Big One!!!!!!

winner2b

to all: I AM Ready! Bring it on, tonite. DanceVictory Dance.

auspatriotman

Thankyou for offering Sassy. I play alone. Never liked the idea of pools.

Have a Nice Day.

LLoyd

ochoop17

NJ hasn't had a winner in a long time. I hope that to night that i'm the lucky draw!Banana

spy153's avatarspy153

the suspense is killing me and there are hours to go.White Bounce

DoubleDown

No more suspense...

Texas had a jackpot winner last night....

justxploring's avatarjustxploring

I am back in the game and I SURE NEED THAT JACKPOT NOW LOL  Good luck to everyone on tomorrows drawing!!!!

Great memorial to your sister, Sassy. Sorry for your loss. She was so young, but I'm sure she got a lot of love and obviously has a caring family. Very sweet.

Peace. Blue Angel

spy153's avatarspy153

yeah, I knew there would be a winner. But didn't know where. And now we know there will not be any winners for a few more months. Pb and MM have there trends and they are sticking to them well.

Great memorial to your sister, Sassy. Sorry for your loss. She was so young, but I'm sure she got a lot of love and obviously has a caring family. Very sweet.

Peace. Blue Angel

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at it and yes she is very loved .........

ochoop17

I didn't hit the mega million so , i'll have to put my retirement on hold.

I didn't hit the mega million so , i'll have to put my retirement on hold.

yeah me neither... seen there was a 250,000 hitter in Ohio just checked my tickets wasnt me Disapprove  BUt I did win 2.00Naughty

Man if there is ANYTIME that I NEED God to bless me is now.....  COME ON JUST A PEICE OF THE PIE!!!!!!! Bang Head  Lol Well good luck next week everyone I guess it just gives us more time to map out our escape with our winnings lol  MUAH

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story