Mega Millions lottery jackpot increased to $47 million

May 31, 2006, 12:36 pm (16 comments)

Mega Millions

The jackpot in the multi-state Mega Millions lottery game has grown to $47 million for Friday's drawing.

None of the tickets sold for Tuesday night's $36 million drawing matched all five lotto numbers and the Mega Ball.

There were five second-prize winners from Tuesday night's drawing: 1 from California, 1 from Michigan, 1 from New York, and 2 from Ohio.  Each ticket, matched all five lotto numbers but not the Mega Ball number to win $250,000.

The California second-prize winner will receive $591,264 because the California Lottery does not award the fixed prize amounts used by the other Mega Millions states.

Also, 17 players matched four of the five lotto numbers, plus the Mega Ball number. Those tickets are each worth $10,000.  The California tickets matching that prize level are worth $19,701.

The winning numbers were 2, 13, 28, 34 and 45. The Mega Ball number was 36.

The Texas Megaplier was 4.

Lottery Post Staff

Tags for this story

Other popular tags

Comments

Just6ntlc

Congratulations to 2nd prize winners especially the CA winner taking home almost $600K.

bellyache's avatarbellyache

$600,000 for second prize is nice! I wonder if other MM states would consider not having fixed 2nd prize wins or would that cause too many problems?

TNPATL

Okay can someone explain to me how CA is not on the fixed amount for the second prize?  I'm just curiuos.  I thought all the games were the same in all the states that participate in MM.  I mean 600k is a nice amoun of money!!! 

Do any of the Power Ball states do that with their second prize?  I'm just curious. 

DoubleDown

Cali is a pari-mutual state. They made this arrangement when they joined  Mega Millions last year.

Sometimes, this works in reverse- We have seen 5 of 6 pay as much as $800K or as little as $ 50K, but it is all pari mutual based.

Perhaps you can log on to the California lottery website for a better explanation.

DD

So I am guessing since CA entered into a parimutual agreement when joining MM, that the odds that other MM states going parimutal is low.

ochoop17

The big day is friday 6/2/06

SassyOhio's avatarSassyOhio

ALL I KNOW IS I AM READY  ...SHOW ME THE MONEY BABY!!!!!!!!!  I AM BACK TO WORK NOW AFTER BEING OFF FOR A MONTH AND OF COURSE STILL PLAYED ALONE BUT THE POOL IS NOW BACK ON!!!!  LUCKY 5 LETS GET CRACKIN!!!! TEE HEE  OH AND HI DD See Ya!

Trained2beRich's avatarTrained2beRich

its my turn to win. the mansion i loved finally sold after 3 years on the market...now i avhe to find another to dream of living in

TNPATL

Thanks DoubleDown I will see if I can find some info on this. 

winner2b

Ladies & Gents. I'll take it this Friday and Retire from future gamings :) Party

Good luck to all of you who are playing!

Ladies & Gents. I'll take it this Friday and Retire from future gamings :) Party

LOL, let the games begin may the best man or WOMAN Win!!!!!!  Cheers

LOl, I would love to see us ALL win something ya know lol.... I went to the corner store during lunch yesterday and my boss wanted some scratch offs and buddy let me tell ya I can vibe them damn things LMAO  10 bucks and she made 50 bucks in profit Bang Head  NOW WHY CANT I DO THAT FOR MYSELF  HAHAHAHAH  Oh well  Good luck tonight everyone!  KISS KISS

chasingadream's avatarchasingadream

good luck to everybody tonight  Star

chasingadream's avatarchasingadream

somebody got that luck that i wished to everybody  Eek    now if I could just wish that luck upon myself Bang Head

loves2lotto's avatarloves2lotto

I swear the lottery is my worst enemy. It uses and abuses me every wednesday and saturday. Shame, Shame, Shame!    No No     

I swear the lottery is my worst enemy. It uses and abuses me every wednesday and saturday. Shame, Shame, Shame!    No No     

LMAO , I Agree! I USE to spend about 250 a month on Mega and the same on PB and ya know what I Have come to say over the past 3 months God has a plan for everyone and whether I spend one dollar or 500 if its meant to be then it will be ...so now I only spend 50 a month on mega giving 5 numbers a draw in our pool at work and I only play the power ball once a month now when I go down to get my husbands cigs in Ky lol 25.00 a carton compared to 48.00 here so I pick me up about 20 auto's ..... I think that its just what God has plans for ya know

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story