Lottery winner feels like he has a horseshoe in his behind

Aug 3, 2006, 3:13 pm (15 comments)

South Carolina Lottery

Harold Gray once lived on a street called Lottery Lane — now he's a two-time lottery winner.

Gray won the top $100,000 prize Tuesday after buying a scratch-off lottery ticket in Beaufort County. The windfall came exactly 20 days after Gray won the $250,000 top prize in a different South Carolina scratch-off game.

''Hey, at least it's not a doctor or a lawyer with all the money. Poor people are getting some of it, too,'' said Gray, a self-employed contractor.

After beating the 360,000-1 odds of winning the big prize Tuesday, Gray said he went home and gave his wife the ticket to celebrate her 39th birthday.

''She couldn't believe it. It freaked me out, too,'' Gray said. ''I had to go home and take a little medication to calm me down.''

After the first win, Gray planned to keep his job and pay off his bills. Now that the bills are gone, the new prize will go to buy a house, said Gray, who plans to keep working for a few select clients.

And Gray has an interesting theory about the source of his luck. ''I feel like I have a horseshoe stuck up my behind,'' he said.

AP

Tags for this story

Other popular tags

Comments

DoubleDown

I read about this in the Savannah newspaper today.

Most of us will never hit a JP once, much less twice !!

Who says lightning cannot strike twice in the same place , or in this case, the same person ?

Congratulations, Mr. Gray !!!

DD

weshar75's avatarweshar75

I hope this guy does not try his luck on powerball this weekend.  I want the jackpot!-weshar75

DoubleDown

Quote: Originally posted by weshar75 on Aug 3, 2006

I hope this guy does not try his luck on powerball this weekend.  I want the jackpot!-weshar75

I Agree! 

Is is luck " used up " for a minute ???

DD

bellyache's avatarbellyache

Wow congrats to him! I would love to hit at least one big jackpot. =)

justxploring's avatarjustxploring

I never buy scratch-off tickets, but I've witnessed some fairly large winners - one for $10,000 right in front of me at the supermarket.  Maybe that will become my next addiction.

starchild_45's avatarstarchild_45

i saw a picture of the guy on msnbc and he looks like a down home kind of guy. i am happy for him and maybe he will win a third one. go for it man.

Rip Snorter

Quote: Originally posted by starchild_45 on Aug 3, 2006

i saw a picture of the guy on msnbc and he looks like a down home kind of guy. i am happy for him and maybe he will win a third one. go for it man.

Having a horseshoe stuck up your behind is too high a price to pay, no matter how many wins.

J

bellyache's avatarbellyache

Quote: Originally posted by Rip Snorter on Aug 3, 2006

Having a horseshoe stuck up your behind is too high a price to pay, no matter how many wins.

J

I thought it was kind of strange he would refer to himself as lucky by saying he felt like he had a horseshoe up his behind. He probably should have said it differently, but maybe it was the excitement. lol.

weshar75's avatarweshar75

When I go to collect the $92.7 million cash from the powerball on monday at the Salem, Oregon lottery headquarters.  I am thinking that I will turn down the offer to put my luck in my behind or in a horseshoe or both.-weshar75

CASH Only

My trustee always tells me she shoves her losers up her hiney. I do the same LOL

Rip Snorter

It's probably a regional thing.

Around here most people would consider having anything shoved up their backside a bad piece of luck.

justxploring's avatarjustxploring

I've got to tell you guys, I have such an awful headache tonight that I didn't think anything could make me smile.  Then I signed onto LP.  This thread is making me laugh so hard, I'm crying. I guess you could say the subject is having a cathartic effect on me. LOL  Here we are developing systems and he's figured out a simple way to anal-ize the numbers.  

DoubleDown

Quote: Originally posted by justxploring on Aug 4, 2006

I've got to tell you guys, I have such an awful headache tonight that I didn't think anything could make me smile.  Then I signed onto LP.  This thread is making me laugh so hard, I'm crying. I guess you could say the subject is having a cathartic effect on me. LOL  Here we are developing systems and he's figured out a simple way to anal-ize the numbers.  

I know what ya mean....

I'm getting behind on my work-- I'm spending too much time on LP.

DD

DoubleDown

The odds on Mr Gray hitting two times in a week had to be

asstronomical..

DD

mylollipop's avatarmylollipop

Green laughMr. Gray, whereEVER your horseshoe is, are you ready to get relief from it?

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story