N.Y. Lottery debuts Sweet Million game Sept. 15

Sep 2, 2009, 11:42 am (17 comments)

New York Lottery

Tickets for the New York Lottery's newest game go on sale September 15.

Sweet Million is a lotto game in which players will choose 6 numbers from a pool of 40 (a "6/40" game). The top prize for matching all 6 numbers is $1 million cash.

The New York Lottery says, "For only a dollar, Sweet Million provides the best chance to win a million dollars."

Drawings will be every Monday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m., starting Sept. 17.  The winning numbers will be published at Lottery Post's New York Lottery Results page (www.lotterypost.com/results/ny) within minutes of the drawing.

Players can win prizes by matching 3 or more numbers out of the 6 number drawn.  All prizes will be awarded as lump-sum cash, minus applicable taxes.

Sweet Million game from the New York LotteryAll prize amounts are fixed, but in the event there are more than 5 first prize winners, those winners will share $5,000,000 in proportion to the number of winners.  The fixed prizes for prize levels second through fourth may be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and may be lower than the published fixed amounts.  The Lottery did not state under which conditions the lower-tier prizes will be paid pari-mutuel.

The Lottery is making a big push with retailers to grow awareness of the new game, making available promotional items such as terminal toppers, countercards, window and door advertisements, posters, stickers, and calendars.

Available Prizes and Odds

Match    Prize Odds
6 of 6 $1,000,000    1 in 3,838,380
5 of 6 $500 1 in 18,815.59
4 of 6 $40 1 in 456.14
3 of 6 $3 1 in 32.07

The overall odds of winning any prize are 1 in 29.92.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

vexpose

The $1 Millionaire maker. I think I'll win this one!!!

kikie

Me neither. This is gonna be a peace of cake. Look at this way, the odds are lower than the Lotto and megamillions.

bashley572's avatarbashley572

Its about time NY got with it for

paid on a pari-mutuel basis and may be lower than the published fixed amounts.

Take 5 does that and I like the way it works!

Jazi76

This is actually good, as pick 10 is hard to win the top prize.

computerhead723's avatarcomputerhead723

todd went  to  web  page  in  ny  and  see  no  indication  of  a  new  lottery???Mail For You

Quote: Originally posted by computerhead723 on Sep 2, 2009

todd went  to  web  page  in  ny  and  see  no  indication  of  a  new  lottery???Mail For You

True, but I have seen advertising at the places I buy tickets.

just went   to  www.nylottery.org  30  secounds  ago  and  they  have   plastered    the  board with  this   new  game  ;Party

this  game  is  for real  losers   because  look  at  the  prizes   get   6 of  6    you  get  a  million   but  get  5  of  6  and  get  500.00???/Mad

Todd's avatarTodd

Isn't that something else?

Lottery Post broke the story before the lottery announced it.  And then after L.P. posts the story the lottery plasters it all over their web site later that same day.

Wouldn't you say that's a good thing?

Todd's avatarTodd

this  game  is  for real  losers   because  look  at  the  prizes   get   6 of  6    you  get  a  million   but  get  5  of  6  and  get  500.00???/Mad

Dude, it's a 6/40 game.

emerald64's avataremerald64

Still dosent beat take-5's game > 5 out of 39 !! i'll prob play sweet million but my faith goes to "take-5" !

Mink404Ski's avatarMink404Ski

Hi All,

Back in the 80's NY had the 6/40 game back then, it was sort of kind of infancy of what was to come in NY. The jackpots that I can remember were not so hot back then and the jackpot was hit pretty regularly so it went up to 6/42 ... then 6/44.... then 6/48 etc etc now it is ridiculous at 6/59 but it does get hit pretty consistently.  I like the idea of bringing back this old game in NY it is something fresh here for a change.  I also would like to see the old keno come back you could pick 3 of 10 and win $25 bucks but they tell me that it will never happen again BUT here is the old 6/40 game back, I will be playing it as I always liked it ... Take 5 is the best! Try it before you shoot it down, I am sure the NY Lotto Stats magazine will be jumping on this game like in the past......... Happy Labor Day to all!

Mink404Ski

Quote: Originally posted by Mink404Ski on Sep 2, 2009

Hi All,

Back in the 80's NY had the 6/40 game back then, it was sort of kind of infancy of what was to come in NY. The jackpots that I can remember were not so hot back then and the jackpot was hit pretty regularly so it went up to 6/42 ... then 6/44.... then 6/48 etc etc now it is ridiculous at 6/59 but it does get hit pretty consistently.  I like the idea of bringing back this old game in NY it is something fresh here for a change.  I also would like to see the old keno come back you could pick 3 of 10 and win $25 bucks but they tell me that it will never happen again BUT here is the old 6/40 game back, I will be playing it as I always liked it ... Take 5 is the best! Try it before you shoot it down, I am sure the NY Lotto Stats magazine will be jumping on this game like in the past......... Happy Labor Day to all!

Mink404Ski

Yea I remember that game !! And yup I remeber the crappy way it got destroyed and turned into the ugly game it is now - NY LOTTO.  It only grows by 1/2 mil each time now cuz so few people play it.

Quote: Originally posted by Todd on Sep 2, 2009

Dude, it's a 6/40 game.

but  the  take  5  is  only  39  numbers  they  will  make  a  fortune  and   it  will  not  be  a  cake  walk  ;

the  million  for  6  numbers  and  $ 500.00  for  5   is  a  huge  difference :I Agree!

JONNIE

Conseidering Im about 5 min from NY state, Im gonna give this one a shot. Im wondering if the jackpot rolls if no one hits it, or if it remains $1M no matter what....

xthundercat2003's avatarxthundercat2003

wow im going to play it on sep 15 is my brithday let see

if i get any luck but im going to try this game

anyone know why the date is now the 17th?

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story