Pa. clerk stole $48K in lottery tickets

Nov 17, 2009, 8:27 am (24 comments)

Pennsylvania Lottery

A woman faces a preliminary hearing on charges she stole $48,000 worth of instant-win Pennsylvania lottery tickets from the convenience store where she worked.

Online court records do not list an attorney for 39-year-old Diane Justi, of Freedom.

Police in Conway say Justi stole the tickets while working at the Conway Superette between April and September.

Police say one of the store's owners alerted them to the thefts. Police say store surveillance tapes clearly showed Justi stealing the tickets.

Justi was arraigned Thursday on a theft charge and faces a preliminary hearing Dec. 18.

The Associated Press could not find a listed telephone for Justi.

AP

Comments

Dollar419's avatarDollar419

I guess some people just don't learn the lesson that "CRIME DOES NOT PAY'.  However, I want to know why it took the business owner so long to report this theft--someone should have caught her sooner if they had surveillance tapes running everyday.  Wink

Clem9403

This clerk was a moron!! Working at the store, wouldn't you know about the camaras there watching every move you make?

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

It does not state whether she won anything substantial so my guess is that she didn't, ouch!

ThatScaryChick's avatarThatScaryChick

There will always be people out there, willing to steal things that don't belong to them. Roll Eyes I'm glad, they caught her.

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

makes you wonder if she cant win stealling $48k worth of scratchers what chance do I have  when paying for em?

jeffrey's avatarjeffrey

Instants are designed to make the state money. The odds play out. You win by playing once in a while for fun. My father spent way more than $48k and didn't win jack. You've got to know your odds.Bang Head

LckyLary

If everyone could get away with that or if everyone could win... then everyone would have a lot of $. The problem is it doesn't produce any additional products for people to buy with all that $. Hey.. isn't our Government doing kind of the same thing??

Scratch-offs can't be systemized (usually..I have some theories on a few of them). If you hate computerized drawings then the scratch-offs are the same thing in a way. I usually only get them when a new game comes out or for something to do while waiting for my pancakes at IHOP.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Nov 17, 2009

makes you wonder if she cant win stealling $48k worth of scratchers what chance do I have  when paying for em?

She probably was praying every time she stole a few that one of them would be a big winner so she could quite her job and help others.

TheGameGrl's avatarTheGameGrl

Feel free to correct this if I am misunderstanding.

The Store buys the tickets from the Lottery. THe lottery gets its money upfront. SO this Theft is not really Lottery related (in so much as the Lottery is making the charges against this person), but rather the store is getting her for theft? So she'll do three months probation and plop one dollar down on a QP for PB and win! Only to have her story told in the form of  "poor me to rich me saga...."

I am not surprised at this type of behavior though, seen far too many clerks in the mom and pop shops scratching tickets that I know they didnt pay for...instead they cash in the winner to offset the losing ones.....and to them its not theft....go figure...

Ps- Just realized it was a convenience store, wished they gave the name so folks know that the tickets sold there are mostly losers :)

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Nov 17, 2009

You got that right, savagegoose.

There is a lesson to be learned here.

Don't buy scratchers in Pennsylvania!

$48,000 worth of tickets and no substantial winners?  Whoa.

ChazzMatt

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Nov 17, 2009

She probably was praying every time she stole a few that one of them would be a big winner so she could quite her job and help others.

What? Help others?  Roll Eyes 

Yes, she was praying every time she stole a few that one of them would be a big winner -- so she could pay back what she had stolen and skip town.  But none of this was done to help others.  It was to help herself to free money.  Wink

I also hear lots of people say, "If I win the lottery I'll give 1/3 of it to the church."  Or 1/2 or whatever figure you think will catch God's attention.  Or maybe not to a church, maybe to some charity.  Thing is, God can't be bribed.  And he doesn't need the money.  He has enough.  Smile And God expects you to give some of what you already have to the church or charity; He doesn't want you to wait until you strike it rich.  Giving to bless others when you are not rich is better for you than giving to bless others when you are rich.   

In the Bible, Job went through a tremendous test.  He lost all his wealth, health and most of his family.  His friends accused him of being the problem.  His wife turned against him.  But at the end of the book, when he forgave his friends fro their false accusations and even prayed a blessing on them (in spite of what they had done), God healed him and then blessed him twice as much as what he had before.  Until then, he was feeling sorry for himself, didn't understand what had happened and spent a lot of time being angry at God.  But he apologized to God for questioning Him and sinking into the pity party -- and when he started thinking about other people than himself, he was then blessed and healed.

So, the point of the story is don't feel sorry for yourself.  And when you reach out to others, no matter how little you have (Job had nothing, only forgiveness and prayer), THAT is when you will probably be blessed.  But don't do it for that reason.  Do it because you want to help others.

Nino224's avatarNino224

Quote: Originally posted by jeffrey on Nov 17, 2009

Instants are designed to make the state money. The odds play out. You win by playing once in a while for fun. My father spent way more than $48k and didn't win jack. You've got to know your odds.Bang Head

True.

Nino224's avatarNino224

Help others??? I doubt that very much.

maggieg's avatarmaggieg

It is hard to believe that she stole $48,000 worth of scratch tickets.

They would have caught her earlier, but now they can blame it all on her.

I think she stole a few and now it is worth 48,000.  right tell us anything.

OldSchoolPa's avatarOldSchoolPa

Quote: Originally posted by ChazzMatt on Nov 18, 2009

What? Help others?  Roll Eyes 

Yes, she was praying every time she stole a few that one of them would be a big winner -- so she could pay back what she had stolen and skip town.  But none of this was done to help others.  It was to help herself to free money.  Wink

I also hear lots of people say, "If I win the lottery I'll give 1/3 of it to the church."  Or 1/2 or whatever figure you think will catch God's attention.  Or maybe not to a church, maybe to some charity.  Thing is, God can't be bribed.  And he doesn't need the money.  He has enough.  Smile And God expects you to give some of what you already have to the church or charity; He doesn't want you to wait until you strike it rich.  Giving to bless others when you are not rich is better for you than giving to bless others when you are rich.   

In the Bible, Job went through a tremendous test.  He lost all his wealth, health and most of his family.  His friends accused him of being the problem.  His wife turned against him.  But at the end of the book, when he forgave his friends fro their false accusations and even prayed a blessing on them (in spite of what they had done), God healed him and then blessed him twice as much as what he had before.  Until then, he was feeling sorry for himself, didn't understand what had happened and spent a lot of time being angry at God.  But he apologized to God for questioning Him and sinking into the pity party -- and when he started thinking about other people than himself, he was then blessed and healed.

So, the point of the story is don't feel sorry for yourself.  And when you reach out to others, no matter how little you have (Job had nothing, only forgiveness and prayer), THAT is when you will probably be blessed.  But don't do it for that reason.  Do it because you want to help others.

I am among the growing group of believers who DO NOT believe in tithing.  Tithing as is preached and practiced today is only an instrument of enrichment for the pastors that successfully convince their followers that tithing is still mandated by the Bible.  Since I realized the error of this doctrine (FYI I read ALL of the scriptures dealing with the subject of tithing and giving IN CONTEXT...which means I didn't just read the particular scripture that mentioned tithing and giving, but also the chapters and verses preceeding and after that particular scripture...(i.e. the history).  And I can tell you since doing that, I have been tremendously blessed.

I always used to wonder why I saw so many tithers struggling to make ends meet (hey, I used to be one of them), driving cars that had seen better days and in need of urgent repairs, drowning in debt while the pastor and his/her family wore brand new wardrobes every week, pulled up in multiple luxury vehicles, and took vacations to places many in the congregation could only dream of going someday.  Especially after reading Deuteronomy, it highlights that the purpose of the tithe was to allow the believer to get away and be refreshed (it say one is to consume his/her tithe...not give it away) and the New Testament emphasizes giving out of the cheerfulness of one's heart, not out of a percentage mandate.  So now, I tithe unto myself (giving thanks to the Lord for HIS many blessings) and what I do give to the church is given freely. 

Below is some background info. as I know there are strong opinions about this very subject.

The tithe is an Old Testament concept. The tithe was a requirement of the law in which all Israelites were to give 10% of everything they earned—or the crops and animals they grew—to the Tabernacle / Temple (Leviticus 27:30; Numbers 18:26; Deuteronomy 14:24; 2 Chronicles 31:5). Believers in Christ are not commanded to give 10% of their income. Each and every Christian should diligently pray and seek God’s wisdom as to how much he or she should give (James 1:5). Many people believe that the Old Testament tithe is a good principle for believers to follow. Giving 10% of your income back to God demonstrates your thankfulness to Him for what He has provided and helps you to remember to rely on God instead of on riches.

The Bible does not specifically say whether we should give 10% off our gross or net income. The Old Testament teaches the principle of firstfruits (
Exodus 23:16; 34:22; Leviticus 2:12-14; 2 Chronicles 31:5). Old Testament believers gave from the best of their crops, not the leftovers. The same principle should apply to our giving today. Again, a believer should give what he believes God would have him give. It all goes back to the attitude of the heart. Are we giving out of reverence for God or out of selfishness for our own wealth? “Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver” (2 Corinthians 9:7).

OldSchoolPa's avatarOldSchoolPa

I agree the clerk was small minded.  Only an idiot would steal scratch iffs.  But she knew she couldn't steal online games tickets...well maybe she could by hoodwinking someone who unknowingly presents a winning ticket for her to verify (i.e. Willis Willis...what you talking about Willis?!!!).

More on the subject/debate about tithing:

Tithing

The following is an email sent me by Jerry Nelson in which he comments on Tithing.

All scripture is from the King James Version

A majority of churches accept tithing as viable doctrine. I intend to prove that it is not, and that the concept of such, for Christians, is dangerous. It is one of the most used and abused doctrines in the church, and it is false doctrine. It is easy to establish tithing as an ordinance in Old Testament law. The first mention of tithing concerning the law is:

Leviticus 27:30 And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD'S: it is holy unto the LORD.

Leviticus goes on from there to finish up with:

Leviticus 27:34 These are the commandments, which the LORD commanded Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai.

Tithing is clearly stated as being put in the law. Almost every argument I have had over tithing, the opponent will say "yes but tithing was before the law," then they quote:

Genesis 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

This is the first time tithing is mentioned in the Bible. Did Abraham tithe of all that he possessed? No. This is what he tithed:

Genesis 14:16 And he brought back all the goods, and also brought again his brother Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people.

He brought back the spoils of war. That was what the tithe came from.

Hebrews 7:4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

Abraham did not tithe from his personal possessions but the spoils of war. The king of Sodom even offered Abraham the goods and Abraham said:

Genesis 14:23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

Does this sound like God wants 10% of your money? Does the law require 10% of your money? We can neutralize the opponents first move. No, in both cases. The word "tithe" is used 13 times in the Bible. Not once do you see the word "money" used. The word "tithes" is used 21 times in the Bible. The word "money" is not used once. The word "tithing" is used twice in:

Deuteronomy 26:12 When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled;

Money is not mentioned, but notice what they do with the tithe. Isn't that interesting? Now we can move to the "scare tactic":

Malachi 3:7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return? 8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

Who would want to rob God? That is a fearful thought, but wait! Let's look at it. It is an ordinance! We? have held back our tithes and offerings. Granted, the word "offering" could imply money, as well as heave offerings and the like, but does not clarify it as such. More than likely, a mixture. We? are cursed with a curse. Didn't Jesus redeem us from the curse of the law?

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

This isn't sounding good. What nation was Malachi speaking of? Israel! Not the church. This was the Old Testament. The law. We can neutralize the "scare tactic." The first mention of tithing in the New Testament is in:

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Here is where the opponent will take another shot at you. He will say something like: "See here, Jesus commended tithing." Why? Just because He said the word "tithe"? He did not commend any such thing! The Pharisees were under the law, and by law, had to tithe. Jesus had to "agree" with that because He was not yet crucified, and all people in Israel, were under the law. When Jesus was crucified He ushered in the New Covenant and the Old was finished.

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Jesus DID NOT commend tithing. The next mention of "tithe" is found in Luke 11:42 which is the same account given in Matthew. Tithing is not mentioned again until the book of Hebrews. Now it really gets interesting. First of all, consider to whom the book of Hebrews was written. It was written to Jewish converts (known as Hebrews), not to Gentile churches. These "Hebrews" were being admonished in this letter, partly because they were not understanding the difference between law and grace. They really didn't even quite understand the change in the priesthood. But lets stay in the context of this message, tithing. Mentioned as "tithes" four times in Hebrews ch. 7. There is a commandment spoken of in ch. 7. It is mentioned three times in chapter 7, 7:5, 7:16, and 7:18. What commandment are they talking about?

Hebrews 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

The sons of Levi, the priesthood, the commandment to take tithes, and the law. The commandment is that of tithes. The only commandment spoken of in ch. 7. That should be loud and clear!

Hebrews 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

Here it comes the one verse in the Bible, that puts an end to the debate! Tithing is ABOLISHED!

Hebrews 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

These Jewish converts were mixing the law with grace, and were told in chapter 7 to STOP TITHING! There is a disannulling of the commandment . The Gentiles had no need of this message --- THEN! We do --- NOW! The Gentile church was never under the law.

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Romans 2:18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Romans 4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Romans 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

When Paul begins to speak to the Galatians concerning the law what does he say?

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Hebrews 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Do you get the picture now? It becomes a serious matter. The Judaizers are more prolific than ever.

1 Timothy 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Acts 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

Romans 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.

These men, whether intended, or not, are dragging you into the law. Making you believe that you are required by God, to adhere to an ordinance of the law. Tithing! Well, how will the church survive without our tithes? If Satan thought that was what was holding the church up, he would have destroyed it a long time ago. God wants us to give from the heart, not by commandment. Even Israel couldn't keep up the law concerning tithing. Is not tithing of the law? Are you tithing in accordance to how the law said it would be done? Was not tithing abolished, and for a reason? Tithing is a clever manipulation, started who knows when? It is a BIG money maker.

1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

It also puts your very soul in jeopardy. If I am wrong, dig out the scripture that proves me wrong, and says that we should tithe. Let me finish by quoting:

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Jerry Nelson

While the Old Testament emphasises Tithing (a tenth) the New Testament emphasises Giving, here are a few thoughts on the grace of Giving. I think that the principle of tithing is good and every Christian should strive to that end, but those who are wealthy should give much more than the Tithe. The scriptures says "from everyone who has been given much shall much be required" Luke 12:48.

fja's avatarfja

Rjoh,

You mean thats the defense she is going to come up with.  Jester LaughI got the humor in that statement!!!Green laugh

You got to deny,deny,deny,  and then when they have you on film...

Its the way you were raised, or the only way you could help a dying member of the family....

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by fja on Nov 18, 2009

Rjoh,

You mean thats the defense she is going to come up with.  Jester LaughI got the humor in that statement!!!Green laugh

You got to deny,deny,deny,  and then when they have you on film...

Its the way you were raised, or the only way you could help a dying member of the family....

I got the inspiration for that post from the thread "When you buy a lottery ticket do you pray that you win the Jackpot?"  https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/203803

It seems some players are attaching a spiritual value to their playing the lottery thinking it gets them better odds than other players who only play for self enrichments.

fja's avatarfja

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Nov 18, 2009

I got the inspiration for that post from the thread "When you buy a lottery ticket do you pray that you win the Jackpot?"  https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/203803

It seems some players are attaching a spiritual value to their playing the lottery thinking it gets them better odds than other players who only play for self enrichments.

I used to know an avid lottery player back in 2004 that used to buy a lottery ticket, and pray while driving by his Church.....he used to give me a ride home every now and then, but stopped when I started laughing at him.......

rowlettewheel

what a dumb a$$ (as red forman would say )

time*treat's avatartime*treat

Quote: Originally posted by TheGameGrl on Nov 17, 2009

Feel free to correct this if I am misunderstanding.

The Store buys the tickets from the Lottery. THe lottery gets its money upfront. SO this Theft is not really Lottery related (in so much as the Lottery is making the charges against this person), but rather the store is getting her for theft? So she'll do three months probation and plop one dollar down on a QP for PB and win! Only to have her story told in the form of  "poor me to rich me saga...."

I am not surprised at this type of behavior though, seen far too many clerks in the mom and pop shops scratching tickets that I know they didnt pay for...instead they cash in the winner to offset the losing ones.....and to them its not theft....go figure...

Ps- Just realized it was a convenience store, wished they gave the name so folks know that the tickets sold there are mostly losers :)

wished they gave the name so folks know that the tickets sold there are mostly losers :)

Big Grin clever.

Tenaj's avatarTenaj

What?I don't get how she got away with stealing so much and for so long without being detected.  Even the smallest amount should have showed up.

ChazzMatt

Quote: Originally posted by OldSchoolPa on Nov 18, 2009

I am among the growing group of believers who DO NOT believe in tithing.  Tithing as is preached and practiced today is only an instrument of enrichment for the pastors that successfully convince their followers that tithing is still mandated by the Bible.  Since I realized the error of this doctrine (FYI I read ALL of the scriptures dealing with the subject of tithing and giving IN CONTEXT...which means I didn't just read the particular scripture that mentioned tithing and giving, but also the chapters and verses preceeding and after that particular scripture...(i.e. the history).  And I can tell you since doing that, I have been tremendously blessed.

I always used to wonder why I saw so many tithers struggling to make ends meet (hey, I used to be one of them), driving cars that had seen better days and in need of urgent repairs, drowning in debt while the pastor and his/her family wore brand new wardrobes every week, pulled up in multiple luxury vehicles, and took vacations to places many in the congregation could only dream of going someday.  Especially after reading Deuteronomy, it highlights that the purpose of the tithe was to allow the believer to get away and be refreshed (it say one is to consume his/her tithe...not give it away) and the New Testament emphasizes giving out of the cheerfulness of one's heart, not out of a percentage mandate.  So now, I tithe unto myself (giving thanks to the Lord for HIS many blessings) and what I do give to the church is given freely. 

Below is some background info. as I know there are strong opinions about this very subject.

The tithe is an Old Testament concept. The tithe was a requirement of the law in which all Israelites were to give 10% of everything they earned—or the crops and animals they grew—to the Tabernacle / Temple (Leviticus 27:30; Numbers 18:26; Deuteronomy 14:24; 2 Chronicles 31:5). Believers in Christ are not commanded to give 10% of their income. Each and every Christian should diligently pray and seek God’s wisdom as to how much he or she should give (James 1:5). Many people believe that the Old Testament tithe is a good principle for believers to follow. Giving 10% of your income back to God demonstrates your thankfulness to Him for what He has provided and helps you to remember to rely on God instead of on riches.

The Bible does not specifically say whether we should give 10% off our gross or net income. The Old Testament teaches the principle of firstfruits (
Exodus 23:16; 34:22; Leviticus 2:12-14; 2 Chronicles 31:5). Old Testament believers gave from the best of their crops, not the leftovers. The same principle should apply to our giving today. Again, a believer should give what he believes God would have him give. It all goes back to the attitude of the heart. Are we giving out of reverence for God or out of selfishness for our own wealth? “Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver” (2 Corinthians 9:7).

HUH?

This was in reply to my post, but I said nothing about tithing.  That is something you have a problem with.  I actually said God has enough money and doesn't need yours.   Maybe you are making the same point, but it sounded more like a "rebuttal" -- for something I didn't say.

I said people often promise God they'll give a huge amount of money to the church or to a charity. My point was you need to reach out to help people with what you have right now.  That blesses you more than waiting until you are rich and then giving money.  

And the church I belong to helps fund a soup kitchen for homeless people -- I was talking about stuff like that.  But I also said charity of your choice.  I wasn't talking about just churches.

So, respond to the point, don't give a rant about "tithing".

ChazzMatt

Quote: Originally posted by Tenaj on Nov 18, 2009

What?I don't get how she got away with stealing so much and for so long without being detected.  Even the smallest amount should have showed up.

Not necessarily.  Depends on how often the store counts its rolls of tickets.  

Stores like that count their cases and packs of cigarettes every day.  When a different clerk takes over for the next shift, they have to sign off on how many packs of cigarettes are in the bins.   But rolls of lottery tickets?  Maybe not.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story