Ex-wife gets millions from lottery winner 10 years after leaving him

Nov 22, 2010, 8:09 pm (89 comments)

Euro Millions

A UK man who won $90 million in the lottery has been ordered to share his winnings with his ex-wife, who left him for another man 10 years ago.

Nigel Page, 43, had offered to give ex-wife Wendy — who is the mother of his 13-year-old daughter — $1.6 million as a gift, but she responded by seeing a lawyer and fighting for four times as much.

The court awarded Wendy a lump sum of $3.2 million which she can spend as she wishes after Page's push for it to be put into a trust for his daughter was rejected.

A family friend said the court battle had been horrendous for Page.

"Up to this point everyone got on pretty well. But what Wendy has done has ruined everything," the source was quoted as saying.

"Nigel has always provided for their daughter. Even when he was out of work he made sure she was all right.

"And right from the start Wendy was going to get a big gift."

Wendy — a human resources director at an investment firm — is thought to be the first ex-wife to have been awarded a slice of a divorcee's winnings.

It is also believed that Wendy has received a massive increase in child support payments for their daughter after Page won the Euro Millions lottery jackpot.

Page celebrated his win — which was England's third largest — by marrying his girlfriend Justine Laycock, 42, and moving into a new $10.5 million mansion next door to actress Liz Hurley in the Cotswolds.

Page gave his old $380,000 home and car to his cleaner.

Wendy reportedly celebrated her win with a bottle of champagne at her luxury Waterfront home in Gloucestershire.

News story photo(Click to display full-size in gallery)

Ninemsn

Comments

stephi's avatarstephi

Too bad. But I don't think $3.2 million out of $45 million (assuming 50% tax on the $90 million) is bad.

Extra xtra too bad because she left him.

I hope his daughter Page is in her teens where he don't have too many more years to pay on child support.

increase's avatarincrease

I disagree with the court ruling especially if she had left him for another man.

Not that he would miss $3.2M, I think it's just greed on the ex-wife's part.

It seems like some people will do just about anything. 

Dee88's avatarDee88

Quote: Originally posted by increase on Nov 22, 2010

I disagree with the court ruling especially if she had left him for another man.

I Agree!   the ex wife was really greedy.....the ex husband didn't have to give her anything if he didn't want to but he did..and the ex wife still wasn't satisfied with that.....and the courts to deny the ex husband to put the money into a trust fund for the daughter.....I thought was wrong also.... Smash  what's to say that there will be any money left for the daughter to go to college when she gets older.....

louise black

BananaShe deserve this money, after all she is raising his 13yrs old daughter why not?  They should live the same life style as he. Once again why not? Argue Remember she was awarded 10 million and only went home with 3.2 million.Cussing FaceUS Flag

Dee88's avatarDee88

Quote: Originally posted by louise black on Nov 22, 2010

BananaShe deserve this money, after all she is raising his 13yrs old daughter why not?  They should live the same life style as he. Once again why not? Argue Remember she was awarded 10 million and only went home with 3.2 million.Cussing FaceUS Flag

louise...I think you mis understood the story....the ex husband moved into a 10.5 mansion after he got re- married...and he offered the ex wife 1.6 but the courts gave her 3.2 million.....

Littleoldlady's avatarLittleoldlady

Quote: Originally posted by Dee88 on Nov 22, 2010

I Agree!   the ex wife was really greedy.....the ex husband didn't have to give her anything if he didn't want to but he did..and the ex wife still wasn't satisfied with that.....and the courts to deny the ex husband to put the money into a trust fund for the daughter.....I thought was wrong also.... Smash  what's to say that there will be any money left for the daughter to go to college when she gets older.....

It doesn't matter because HE will have to pay college costs also.  Lets hope he has something left.

Dee88's avatarDee88

Quote: Originally posted by Littleoldlady on Nov 22, 2010

It doesn't matter because HE will have to pay college costs also.  Lets hope he has something left.

That's all the more reason why it should be in a trust fund...who knows where or what he will be doing by than....

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

What an unmitigated outrage. How does this miserable, greedy witch have a right to somebody's money that she was divorced from 10 years prior after leaving him for another man? This is absolutely, unbelievably outrageous.

They must have liberals in the court system over there, that's all I can figure.

You can cut the karma with a knife around this one though.

Nigel will have good karma for offering the trifling trollop over a million and a half as a gift, free money, no strings attached.

Wendy will have bad karma for being greedy and taking what didn't belong to her and what she had no right to. That money is going to bring her grief sooner or later.

I've seen it too many times.

tnhope's avatartnhope

Smash

sully16's avatarsully16

wow, she doesn't deserve a penny of that money.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

They should live the same lifestyle as him? She deserves this money?

Why is that exactly? Shouldn't her new husband be keeping her in her preferred lifestyle?

Why would it be the job of the man she left ten years ago to provide her with a millionaire's lifestyle now, praytell?

He's always provided well for his child and will do even more now.

What the hell has the old hag ex-wife got to do with it?

Are you hittin the sauce again Louise?

wendy67's avatarwendy67

again NO JUSTICE!!!! from the courts. he should have only had to form a trust for the child. now he has to support wife and man she left him for double jeopardy!!!!!!

Starr920

Quote: Originally posted by stephi on Nov 22, 2010

Too bad. But I don't think $3.2 million out of $45 million (assuming 50% tax on the $90 million) is bad.

Extra xtra too bad because she left him.

I hope his daughter Page is in her teens where he don't have too many more years to pay on child support.

EuroMillion jackpots are tax-free.Lep

tiggs95's avatartiggs95

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Nov 22, 2010

What an unmitigated outrage. How does this miserable, greedy witch have a right to somebody's money that she was divorced from 10 years prior after leaving him for another man? This is absolutely, unbelievably outrageous.

They must have liberals in the court system over there, that's all I can figure.

Nigel will have good karma for offering the trifling trollop over a million and a half as a gift, free money, no strings attached.

Wendy will have bad karma for being greedy and taking what didn't belong to her and what she had no right to. That money is going to bring her grief sooner or later.

You tell'em ridge you've been dumped 5 times and haven't paid a dime..Maybe this dude should have hired your lawyer or lawyers?...

danyo1332's avatardanyo1332

What goes around comes around! She will get hit hard watch!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by tiggs95 on Nov 22, 2010

You tell'em ridge you've been dumped 5 times and haven't paid a dime..Maybe this dude should have hired your lawyer or lawyers?...

Lawyers don't mean anything when you've got a liberal judge who thinks it's his job to punish the evil rich and make everything "fair."

It's like Bam-Bam told Joe the Plumber: "We gotta spread the wealth around."

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by danyo1332 on Nov 22, 2010

You're right danyo, I've seen terribly tragic things happen to people who've done things like that.

I don't wish that on her but she won't escape the rebound from that anymore than she'll escape gravity.

It's natural  balance.

temptustoo's avatartemptustoo

Im not surprised by the courts decision.. Justice just isn't anymore it seems...

RJOh's avatarRJOh

I wonder if he can appeal the decision in a higher court or would he consider that too time consuming and a waste of time and more money. 

I remember a case in Alabama in which a waitress was given a winning Florida lottery ticket worth $10M by a customer who thought she would share any winnings with her fellow employees but she didn't and so when a local court decided she should she appealed that decision in the state supreme court and it was overturned.

louise black

They should live the same lifestyle as him? She deserves this money?

Why is that exactly? Shouldn't her new husband be keeping her in her preferred lifestyle?

Why would it be the job of the man she left ten years ago to provide her with a millionaire's lifestyle now, praytell?

He's always provided well for his child and will do even more now.

What the hell has the old hag ex-wife got to do with it?

Are you hittin the sauce again Louise?

No NoNow! rdgrnnr there are three side to every story, his side ,her side and the right side. The judge was very generous to him, because she could have gotten much more with the right lawyerThumbs UpYes Nod How you know she didn't leave him after he cheated.Again she deserve the money to raise their daughter. No,I on nothing but think she need this money.Big Grin Angel

Winning K's avatarWinning K

Strange no one is saying anything about this part of the story, " Page gave his old $380,000 home and car to his cleaner.Dunk

Lotterologist's avatarLotterologist

England sucks!

ttech10's avatarttech10

Quote: Originally posted by Winning K on Nov 22, 2010

Strange no one is saying anything about this part of the story, " Page gave his old $380,000 home and car to his cleaner.Dunk

Yea that was pretty generous. I imagine when you're moving into a ~$11 million home that $380,000 wouldn't matter too much.

This story made me think of one of the Lottery Changed My Life shows. This guy in Florida won a few months after his wife left him and after taking him to court she still lost and didn't receive anything. I imagine one of the differences here is that there is a child involved. I guess if she goes ahead and spends it carelessly on herself and not the child he could go to court and fight for custody of her since the mom not using the money to care for the child wouldn't look very good for her.

Still congrats to the guy for winning, at least it's not as bad as if it happened in the US where out of that $90 million there would only be about half of it left after taxes alone.

time*treat's avatartime*treat

Gotta remember this is the same UK that regularly puts people in prison for defending their own homes and families with "excessive force".

NITEHAWK61's avatarNITEHAWK61

I agree rdgrnr!!!!

there is something wrong with this picture!!!!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

No NoNow! rdgrnnr there are three side to every story, his side ,her side and the right side. The judge was very generous to him, because she could have gotten much more with the right lawyerThumbs UpYes Nod How you know she didn't leave him after he cheated.Again she deserve the money to raise their daughter. No,I on nothing but think she need this money.Big Grin Angel

You're coming unwound Miss Louise.

The judge was very generous to him? Louise listen, the judge confiscated a ton of his money and gave it to somebody else who just happened to want it. How is that being generous to him?  She had absolutely no right to any of that money and the judge had absolutely no right to take it away from him and give it to her.

She may have had a right to ask for more child support in light of his new financial status but why in blue blazes would she be entitled to a nickel of his money? He offered to put it in trust for the child but NO!  she wanted it all for herself! And the slimy, liberal weasel of a judge gave it to her!

"No,I on nothing but think she need this money."

You think she needs this money? So a judge should give her somebody else's money because she needs it? A LOT of people need that money! Should we all get a slick lawyer and sue him for it? We have as much right to it as she does!

Whether she left him because of cheating (your conjecture) or any other reason has absolutely no bearing on his lottery win. This case was settled in court 10 years ago!

I cannot believe this will be allowed to stand!

I think I smell a little Pinot Grigio in here, Miss Louise.   Yes Nod  Cheers No No

NITEHAWK61's avatarNITEHAWK61

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Nov 23, 2010

The judge was very generous to him? Louise listen, the judge confiscated a ton of his money and gave it to somebody else who just happened to want it. How is that being generous to him?  She had absolutely no right to any of that money and the judge had absolutely no right to take it away from him and give it to her.

She may have had a right to ask for more child support in light of his new financial status but why in blue blazes would she be entitled to a nickel of his money? He offered to put it in trust for the child but NO!  she wanted it all for herself! And the slimy, liberal weasel of a judge gave it to her!

You think she needs this money? So a judge should give her somebody else's money because she needs it? A LOT of people need that money! Should we all get a slick lawyer and sue him for it? We have as much right to it as she does!

Whether she left him because of cheating (your conjecture) or any other reason has absolutely no bearing on his lottery win. This case was settled in court 10 years ago!

I think I smell a little Pinot Grigio in here, Miss Louise.   Yes Nod  Cheers No No

Exactly correct!!! This case was settled 10 years ago!!! If it was the right thing to do everyone would be doing it and there would be a free-for-all!! If the judge was to do the right thing it would be to put the money in trust for HIS daughter!!!

Grovel's avatarGrovel

And this is why you don't get married people. You can work all your life for your money and someone can walk away with half in just a minute.

Dee88's avatarDee88

Right on rdgrnr........Thumbs Up  Who knows rdgrnr...maybe the judge got a cut of it.....hmmm...

Dee88's avatarDee88

Quote: Originally posted by NITEHAWK61 on Nov 23, 2010

Exactly correct!!! This case was settled 10 years ago!!! If it was the right thing to do everyone would be doing it and there would be a free-for-all!! If the judge was to do the right thing it would be to put the money in trust for HIS daughter!!!

I Agree!

PERDUE

GREED!!! GREED!!! GREED!!!

This is why you keep your mouth shut. This woman deserved nothing from this lottery windfall. Yet greed kicked in and she got paid.

The dad pushed for the trust fund for the daughter yet he could've set it up when he first got paid. Had he kept his trap shut and moved the bulk of his money to a Swiss bank account  or an offshore bank account he probably would be sitting pretty and the daughter taken care of for schooling and university.

The family friend stated that Mr Page provided for the daughter even when he was out of work.  I commend Mr. Page for his committment to making sure his daughter was taken care of in the past.

But I must wonder about a lot of the decisions that were made before this ruling.

Once Mr. Page knew he was a jackpot winner, why didn't he consult an attorney before he did anything else? Why didn't he seek the advice of a financial expert to see how he could protect his windfall from greedy sharks? Why didn't he set up a trust fund for the daughter in the beginning?

Now the ex-wife gets $10 million to spend as she pleases and an astronomical increase in child support to do with as she pleases. I'm sure it was for the "sake of the child,"   Roll Eyes  but I must ask how much $$$$$ will be left when this young lady does start university?

Let this be a lesson to everyone that reads this story, Keep your mouth shut and consult a legal expert and a financial expert first. Because if you don't then some crack head judge will be giving your money away.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

She

Deserves

NOTHING !Mad

GASMETERGUY

Was there not a similiar case in Florida a few years back?  The ex-wife, after the "final" divorce disappeared.  The ex-husband did not even know where she was.  No children were involved. For over 10 years the man never heard from his ex.

After his win, he found where she was because she sued him in court for 50% of his win.  And the Florida court gave her the money.

There will always be a liberal campaigning to take money away from those who have two nickels to rub together in order to give BOTH nickels to someone who refuses to support themselves.  And there will always be politicians ready to buy (i.e. bribe) votes with someone else's money.  I just did not realize judges were in support of the scam, too.

Mr-Smith's avatarMr-Smith

She should have just taken the gift of 1.6 mill.

And court should not have gave her a penny since she rejected the gift....

But atleast I hope he has peace of mind now that its over...

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by GASMETERGUY on Nov 23, 2010

Was there not a similiar case in Florida a few years back?  The ex-wife, after the "final" divorce disappeared.  The ex-husband did not even know where she was.  No children were involved. For over 10 years the man never heard from his ex.

After his win, he found where she was because she sued him in court for 50% of his win.  And the Florida court gave her the money.

There will always be a liberal campaigning to take money away from those who have two nickels to rub together in order to give BOTH nickels to someone who refuses to support themselves.  And there will always be politicians ready to buy (i.e. bribe) votes with someone else's money.  I just did not realize judges were in support of the scam, too.

Some years back when Ohio Lottery had jackpots up to $60M, a Pennsylvania man won an Ohio Lottery jackpot of ~$45M and his estranged wife who he hadn't seen in a few years filed a claim for half his winnings.  To protect half his winnings from her he claimed he and his girl friend bought the tickets.  After his girl friend got her half and left him, he ended up with less than a quarter of his winnings after sharing his half with his estranged wife. 

Sounds unfair but it was legal, he should have taken care of his business by divorcing his wife when they first parted and never claim his girl friend deserved any part of his winnings.

joker17

She wanted nothing to do with him before his win, but after his win she wants to be partake in his life's events........Witch witch witch....

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Nov 23, 2010

Some years back when Ohio Lottery had jackpots up to $60M, a Pennsylvania man won an Ohio Lottery jackpot of ~$45M and his estranged wife who he hadn't seen in a few years filed a claim for half his winnings.  To protect half his winnings from her he claimed he and his girl friend bought the tickets.  After his girl friend got her half and left him, he ended up with less than a quarter of his winnings after sharing his half with his estranged wife. 

Sounds unfair but it was legal, he should have taken care of his business by divorcing his wife when they first parted and never claim his girl friend deserved any part of his winnings.

Geeze, what a nightmare that must've been for that guy.

You couldn't blame him a bit at that point if he moved to Californy and gave up wimmins forever.

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

it's both parents responsibility to support the child not just the father......how was she supporting their child before her ex-husband won the lottery.... and he has to pay child support on top of that...... WOW!!!! I would of found other ways to claim the prize to avoid giving to ex-spouse who left and to support  her and her current hubby......... H*ll to NO!!!!!!

What way might that be?

Quote: Originally posted by PERDUE on Nov 23, 2010

This is why you keep your mouth shut. This woman deserved nothing from this lottery windfall. Yet greed kicked in and she got paid.

The dad pushed for the trust fund for the daughter yet he could've set it up when he first got paid. Had he kept his trap shut and moved the bulk of his money to a Swiss bank account  or an offshore bank account he probably would be sitting pretty and the daughter taken care of for schooling and university.

The family friend stated that Mr Page provided for the daughter even when he was out of work.  I commend Mr. Page for his committment to making sure his daughter was taken care of in the past.

But I must wonder about a lot of the decisions that were made before this ruling.

Once Mr. Page knew he was a jackpot winner, why didn't he consult an attorney before he did anything else? Why didn't he seek the advice of a financial expert to see how he could protect his windfall from greedy sharks? Why didn't he set up a trust fund for the daughter in the beginning?

Now the ex-wife gets $10 million to spend as she pleases and an astronomical increase in child support to do with as she pleases. I'm sure it was for the "sake of the child,"   Roll Eyes  but I must ask how much $$$$$ will be left when this young lady does start university?

Let this be a lesson to everyone that reads this story, Keep your mouth shut and consult a legal expert and a financial expert first. Because if you don't then some crack head judge will be giving your money away.

Amen PERDUE!!!!!!!I Agree!

Lawyers don't mean anything when you've got a liberal judge who thinks it's his job to punish the evil rich and make everything "fair."

It's like Bam-Bam told Joe the Plumber: "We gotta spread the wealth around."

rdgrnr...... I beg to differ it's ALL Judges.... I have seen first hand where both parties have screwed their constituents in court... and I live in a red State.....

tiggs95's avatartiggs95

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Nov 23, 2010

rdgrnr...... I beg to differ it's ALL Judges.... I have seen first hand where both parties have screwed their constituents in court... and I live in a red State.....

dallas we try to have ridge think he's the smart one here we don't want him to go off the deep end..Just nod your head to ridge and pat him on the head and he won't hurt anyone..It's ok ridge your the smartest..pat pat pat..

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

Quote: Originally posted by time*treat on Nov 23, 2010

What way might that be?

I Agree! with you time*treat!  One would think that if you pay all fees to obtain the super expensive "divorce" paperwork that it would mean that the relationship between the two married folks would indeed be FINALLY severed.  Yet, reading this article, we are taught that divorced doesn't really mean anything ... even if you have the official, certified paperwork to prove that you thought that severance took place either months, years, or decades earlier. 

Therefore, what are we left to understand that divorce means ... nothing official, apparently.  One of our members made the point that nobody should become married, possibly conveying that way funds aren't shared.  [Yet, often times judges have found that it is enough of a relationship for one party to be entitled to a large percentage of assets that the other party received BEFORE the two parties even met ... called palimony.]  Anyhow, either way, that makes money funds IMPOSSIBLE to control ... even "overseas" and "Swiss" accounts aren't protected anymore (since most countries have agreements to report fund accounts to each other)! 

Lurking

So, we learn that RECEIVING and KEEPING funds truly can fall to massive luck!!  Which way is the wind blowing?  Good luck with KEEPING your jackpot win, fellow LotteryPost.com members, whatever country and county jurisdiction you live in! Star

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

The Greed of Envy du jour !

US Flag as a Patriot ........ I WILL sit in the front !

petergrfn

What a BAD PRECEDENT to set!  She leaves HIM and demands millions 10 years later?  What an outrage!  Where does it stop?  A woman you were dating years ago can demand a piece?  A one night stand?     Your buisness starts to take off after a divorce or you get some inheritance they get some?    And people wonder why I would demand to claim my money with a trust annon...HERE"S WHY! (Nothing to do with the women in my past that I may or may not have PO'ED!!)  Big Smile

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by tiggs95 on Nov 23, 2010

dallas we try to have ridge think he's the smart one here we don't want him to go off the deep end..Just nod your head to ridge and pat him on the head and he won't hurt anyone..It's ok ridge your the smartest..pat pat pat..

Uhhh... tell me again about the rabbits George...

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Nov 23, 2010

I never said one was better than the other but labeling them as a liberal is just more insulting. And if you act like a liberal, why not wear the badge?

I don't lose sight of the fact that they're all lawyers to begin with.

And who likes lawyers anyway, any of em?

Harry (the weasel) Reid is a lawyer.

Hermanus104's avatarHermanus104

I do not see anywhere where it says when the man won the lottery. It must have been after the divorce - someone who divorces a lottery winner must either be crazy or have a lot of foresight.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Dee88 on Nov 23, 2010

Right on rdgrnr........Thumbs Up  Who knows rdgrnr...maybe the judge got a cut of it.....hmmm...

Good point DEE, it wouldn't be the first time that that's happened either.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Hermanus104 on Nov 23, 2010

I do not see anywhere where it says when the man won the lottery. It must have been after the divorce - someone who divorces a lottery winner must either be crazy or have a lot of foresight.

"...someone who divorces a lottery winner must either be crazy or have a lot of foresight."

I see by your profile that you're a young man, Hermanus.

I'm an old man.

I ain't too smart but I've probably had more varied and various life experiences than you. I don't say that in a condescending manner but only as a factual reference.

Believe this one thing I tell you based on my experience, Hermanus. If you never believe anything I say ever again, believe this:

There are women in this world that can make you glad to give them millions of dollars, nay, all of your riches and every possession you own to the utmost farthing, in exchange for never having to cast a gaze upon them or hear their cackling voices again.

Velocity's avatarVelocity

"...someone who divorces a lottery winner must either be crazy or have a lot of foresight."

I see by your profile that you're a young man, Hermanus.

I'm an old man.

I ain't too smart but I've probably had more varied and various life experiences than you. I don't say that in a condescending manner but only as a factual reference.

Believe this one thing I tell you based on my experience, Hermanus. If you never believe anything I say ever again, believe this:

There are women in this world that can make you glad to give them millions of dollars, nay, all of your riches and every possession you own to the utmost farthing, in exchange for never having to cast a gaze upon them or hear their cackling voices again.

LMAO! Green laughI take it some women have driven you crazy? But I digress.

She might have deserved money for her daughter, but no way she deserved it for herself. The way this judge thinks is that if you get married and then divorced then the ex-spouse will "always" deserve anything you ever get! Where does it end? Ahh legal "theft," you gotta love the UK!!!!

Grovel's avatarGrovel

I never said one was better than the other but labeling them as a liberal is just more insulting. And if you act like a liberal, why not wear the badge?

I don't lose sight of the fact that they're all lawyers to begin with.

And who likes lawyers anyway, any of em?

Harry (the weasel) Reid is a lawyer.

I did not know it was an insult to be a liberal. I thought it was just two different parties with two different ideas on how to run the country. You learn something new everyday.

Empress-N's avatarEmpress-N

Quote: Originally posted by Dee88 on Nov 23, 2010

For all we know maybe she promised the judge a little bit of the old slap and tickle if he ruled in her favor...lol

This bloody judge was dead wrong for that, the heffer has been gone 10 years. This man should have just went and opened a trust fund for his daughter with the money he offered to that trollop.

On another note.....STOP RAGGING ON MY COUNTRY. at least you keep what you win tax free unlike here where you have the lousy government taking more that half of your winnings and giving you the crumb and it dont stop there... you put the money in the bank/saving account and every year you have to file a tax against what you have left over from the crumb that they gave to you.....

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

there is always an appeal court, i guess these lawyer types see there is a lot of money to be made, and dragging it thru the courtsd as long as possible makes sure they all get theircut too.

i see3.2 mill aspretty cheap, from a 90 mill win. i still dont think its right.but ehh its not me, i dont look forward to paying a cut to someone i talked to at a bus stop 10 years ago, but hey they may as well make a claim if i win. they seem to have about as much right as this woman.

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Nov 23, 2010

lol this is sooo funny , i would cry n cry, till my money was soggy. i dunno about swear off wimmin, but i would curse them a lot.

LotteryJunkiE99's avatarLotteryJunkiE99

What is happening around the world?

Why?!!              Yellow Eyes

I am so outraged at this story, I can't even write all I want to because I am so angry at this court judge ruling on this case like this.

It's a new low when you use Love and Children for soiled-up purposes.

I don't wish her any harm,  bc she is after all the mother, but why not allow a Trust Fund instead?    Why does this happen?   why!!!!/..AnotherMAN!

I'm so Angry, I can't even finish saying what I want to say!!!!!!!          Cussing Face 

A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE .= THE NERVE!   OF THIS WOMAN!! 

jeffrey's avatarjeffrey

Let's hope karma is fulfilled. Maybe her husband will steal the money and leave her for another, younger, prettier woman or better yet man.Red Devil

Coin Toss's avatarCoin Toss

She leaves the guy for another guy and surfaces ten years later after he wins the lotto, after he had said he'd give her $1.6 million, that really STINKS.

If ever there was an example of why winners should stay anonymous, or be allowed to stay anonymous, this is it!

Nino224's avatarNino224

Why must you blame liberals for all the injustices in the world?? Not fair!

Nino224's avatarNino224

You're right danyo, I've seen terribly tragic things happen to people who've done things like that.

I don't wish that on her but she won't escape the rebound from that anymore than she'll escape gravity.

It's natural  balance.

If that were true a piano would've fallen on my supervisor's head a decade ago. That sonofabitch is happier, healthier, and richer than ever.

No balance there at all.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Nino224 on Nov 24, 2010

If that were true a piano would've fallen on my supervisor's head a decade ago. That sonofabitch is happier, healthier, and richer than ever.

No balance there at all.

It doesn't necessarily happen overnight and it won't necessarily be apparent to you but whatever is warranted will come to pass.

There's no avoiding it.

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on Nov 24, 2010

She leaves the guy for another guy and surfaces ten years later after he wins the lotto, after he had said he'd give her $1.6 million, that really STINKS.

If ever there was an example of why winners should stay anonymous, or be allowed to stay anonymous, this is it!

Hard to stay anonymous with the lifestyle change that $90 mill brings. No doubt that at some point the daughter would have passed on the news that dad was suddenly loaded.

At any rate, during "discovery" he'd have been required to list all his assets & income under penalty of perjury. ... 

Besides, if the judge is getting a -- or some Naughty -- cut ... Smash

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Grovel on Nov 23, 2010

I did not know it was an insult to be a liberal. I thought it was just two different parties with two different ideas on how to run the country. You learn something new everyday.

As long as liberals continue to be the "Blame America First" crowd and think it's the right thing for our liberal President to go around the world apologizing to every brutal dictator and tyrant for what liberals consider the "wrongs" (freeing subjugated and enslaved people) and "atrocities" (Hiroshima, Nagasaki) we've committed, then yes, it's an insult to be called a liberal.

As long as liberals support the federal government controlling every aspect and detail of our lives under threat of fine and imprisonment, then yes, it's an insult to be called a liberal.

As long as liberals support the government enacting burdensome laws that only apply to us and not them, then yes it's an insult to be called a liberal.

As long as liberals continue to vote for the very people who are destroying our Republic because of some perceived, selfish, personal gain for themselves, then yes, it's an insult to be called a liberal.

As long as liberals are so naive as to believe that people like Obama and Reid and Pelosi have the best interests of America at heart, then yes, it's a major insult to be called a liberal.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Why must you blame liberals for all the injustices in the world?? Not fair!

If it looks, walks and quacks like a duck...

It's usually a duck.

Grovel's avatarGrovel

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Nov 24, 2010

If it looks, walks and quacks like a duck...

It's usually a duck.

So what would that make you, an idiot?

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Grovel on Nov 24, 2010

So what would that make you, an idiot?

Whatsamatter grovel, welfare check run out before the month did?

Gubmint cheese all gone already?

Still mad the Tea Party threw your liberal Blanche Lincoln out on her keister?

If nothing else you're typical, grovel.

A typical liberal.

Feel free to continue your whining and namecalling now, you're dismissed.

PS. grovel is the perfect name for a liberal like you and all the liberals who represent us on the world stage. I'm sure you don't know what grovel means, so look it up. I'm quite sure you've been doing it (groveling) all your life. All liberals do.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

This is just like the people that barely graduated from High School expect to get benefits from the confiscatory taxes on people that have worked hard to become "wealthy"!

They have divorced themselves from the opportunities available to them from the hard work of Higher Education (any education beyond high school) and think that they "deserve" to be rewarded for another person's hard work!

US Flag Work hard and ride in the front!

The Hitman's avatarThe Hitman

Reading things like this really ticks me off, talking about an unbalance.  Why should she be awarded any of that money?  She left him ten years ago and for another man; thats a double slap in the face to Nigel, the guy got his woman and his money. Out of maybe 45 million 3.2 isn't alot but let that man provide for her, the money should have been put into a trust fund for the daughter. 

RJOh's avatarRJOh

This situation could have been avoided if he had gotten a clean break agreement in his divorce settlement.  Even in this country a divorced spouse has a right to share their ex-partners pensions and other monies earned later in life if they don't sign such an agreement when getting a divorce.  If he wasn't working at the time and she had a job, it probably didn't seem important to him.

Before I retired I was surprised to learn from some of my young co-workers who were getting divorced that their exes would had a right to collect part of their pensions and other monies later in life if they didn't get a clean break agreement during their divorce which usually could cost them a lump sum of money but their lawyers advised them it could be cheaper then than later because they had no idea what they might be worth in 30 years. 

Cases like this demonstrate the value of their advice, it the law in many states and countries and has nothing to do the the liberal or conservative beliefs of the judges.

Coin Toss's avatarCoin Toss

time*treat,

Yeah, if you flaunt it.

Just more proof that "the more you flash, the less you'll keep of the cash".

I don't know what the English laws are, but I'm sure there are people in the U.S. who have won a jackpot and no one else knows about it.

Nigel's next purchases may include a white ford bronco, some gloves ... Red Devil

Dee88's avatarDee88

Quote: Originally posted by time*treat on Nov 24, 2010

Nigel's next purchases may include a white ford bronco, some gloves ... Red Devil

Green laugh

Dee88's avatarDee88

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Nov 24, 2010

This situation could have been avoided if he had gotten a clean break agreement in his divorce settlement.  Even in this country a divorced spouse has a right to share their ex-partners pensions and other monies earned later in life if they don't sign such an agreement when getting a divorce.  If he wasn't working at the time and she had a job, it probably didn't seem important to him.

Before I retired I was surprised to learn from some of my young co-workers who were getting divorced that their exes would had a right to collect part of their pensions and other monies later in life if they didn't get a clean break agreement during their divorce which usually could cost them a lump sum of money but their lawyers advised them it could be cheaper then than later because they had no idea what they might be worth in 30 years. 

Cases like this demonstrate the value of their advice, it the law in many states and countries and has nothing to do the the liberal or conservative beliefs of the judges.

This is true RJOH...my sister's girlfriend is waiting for her ex husband to retire and than she is going after half of his SS.....I think that is just terrible that the laws can let someone who worked all his life and re married and than the ex can turn around and do something like that to him....GREED....that's what it's all about.....now this man can't really enjoy life cause he will probably have to take a part time job to just survive....terrible...just terrible....

And you want to know the real kicker in this is...she is even keeping track with SS to see if he has retired yet...and SS tells her if he has retired or not....where is the privacy that we are suppose to have?????

Colt45ML's avatarColt45ML

They have gotten so insane with the multi-cult and pc in the UK that now if you are Muslim you can have disputes like this settled under Sharia law if that is what you desire.  I think this guy should have temporarily converted to Islam and demanded that this case be tried in Sharia court.  100-1 says this b***h would come away from there with not one thin dime.  OH, the irony of it all would be soooooooooooo sweet on so very many levels!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Colt45ML on Nov 24, 2010

They have gotten so insane with the multi-cult and pc in the UK that now if you are Muslim you can have disputes like this settled under Sharia law if that is what you desire.  I think this guy should have temporarily converted to Islam and demanded that this case be tried in Sharia court.  100-1 says this b***h would come away from there with not one thin dime.  OH, the irony of it all would be soooooooooooo sweet on so very many levels!

LOLThumbs UpYes Nod

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by Dee88 on Nov 24, 2010

This is true RJOH...my sister's girlfriend is waiting for her ex husband to retire and than she is going after half of his SS.....I think that is just terrible that the laws can let someone who worked all his life and re married and than the ex can turn around and do something like that to him....GREED....that's what it's all about.....now this man can't really enjoy life cause he will probably have to take a part time job to just survive....terrible...just terrible....

And you want to know the real kicker in this is...she is even keeping track with SS to see if he has retired yet...and SS tells her if he has retired or not....where is the privacy that we are suppose to have?????

That works both ways, he can go after what she acquired during their marriage too.  If she was a stay at home wife who raised his kids, did the cleaning and cooking why he worked then he should expect her to share some of the benefits of his retirement.

Colt45ML's avatarColt45ML

Quote: Originally posted by PERDUE on Nov 23, 2010

Everything you say here is right on.  But what gets me is that while Nigel was by no means a member of the privileged classes, he wasn't some Dickensonian caricature working in a coal mine either.  He wasn't cut off socially to the point where he couldn't possiblybe informed about asset protection and wealth management even if he didn't ask for it.  Someone in his circle of friends would have hooked him up with the proper professionals who would take care of his money and expand it.  It seems that there was quite enough time between the time he won the money and the time that the exe's lawsuit was filed for him to get it all into an asset protection offshore trust before he could be charged with unlawful conveyance.  If he was informed but still did not do what he needed to do, then my sympathy for him has gone down drastically.

PERDUE

Quote: Originally posted by danyo1332 on Nov 22, 2010

I Agree!

Very true.

Remember the last episode of Lottery Changed My Life when the young lady in CA won and her husband received half of her money in a divorce settlement and he was broke within 2 years.  Oh yes, payback is a mean "motor scooter."

PERDUE

No balance there at all.

Ya never know. He may be laughing on the outside and crying on the inside because someone he truly cares about is either strung out on drugs or alcohol or being eaten alive with cancer. We don't know.

There is nothing more heartbreaking in a person's life than to see a piece of their heart being slowly destroyed and there is nothing they can do but watch it unfold to the bitter predictable end. Crying

When people piss me off, I used to wish they would get hit by a mack truck. Chair

Now when they piss me off I wish they win a huge lottery jackpot and have greedy relatives waiting in the wings.ROFL

I even tell them that I hope they win a lottery jackpot. Green laugh

Why???? Because we know what comes with that headache in sheeps clothing. Bang Head

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

Quote: Originally posted by increase on Nov 22, 2010

I Agree!>>>>>but, they R> "BRITISH" people!

They R not "AMERICAN" R never will B !!

They R in another  world try'g 2 ^RATE^

while CHINA and all their (past) empire

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>passes>>>them BY BY!!

US Flag  GOD BLE$$ AMERICA US Flag(& our girl'$$$)

PSYKOMO

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by PERDUE on Nov 24, 2010

Ya never know. He may be laughing on the outside and crying on the inside because someone he truly cares about is either strung out on drugs or alcohol or being eaten alive with cancer. We don't know.

There is nothing more heartbreaking in a person's life than to see a piece of their heart being slowly destroyed and there is nothing they can do but watch it unfold to the bitter predictable end. Crying

When people piss me off, I used to wish they would get hit by a mack truck. Chair

Now when they piss me off I wish they win a huge lottery jackpot and have greedy relatives waiting in the wings.ROFL

I even tell them that I hope they win a lottery jackpot. Green laugh

Why???? Because we know what comes with that headache in sheeps clothing. Bang Head

" Ya never know. He may be laughing on the outside and crying on the inside because someone he truly cares about is either strung out on drugs or alcohol or being eaten alive with cancer. We don't know.

There is nothing more heartbreaking in a person's life than to see a piece of their heart being slowly destroyed and there is nothing they can do but watch it unfold to the bitter predictable end."

You nailed it PERDUE.

I didn't wanna say it but that's what I'm talkin about. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy but I've seen it happen too many times to doubt its existence. Call it Karma, payback, yin and yang, what goes around comes around or whatever you want, everybody pays the piper, one way or the other, sooner or later.

i heard this story on the radio the other day.

they said that the woman claimed  10 mill ,in the lawsuit. and that he settled out of court for 3.2mill.

so the judge didnt make a judgement against him.

it also doesnt set a precedent, and it is his and his own laywers fault for settling out of court.

if he wanted to  be staunch. he could have waited for a judgement.,

Quote: Originally posted by Colt45ML on Nov 24, 2010

I Agree!I Agree!

drhymes74

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap....

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

I would be heart broken if a judge awarded my money to somebody that left me, or I left.

For some reason though, I dont think this case is the same as the issue of taxes.

There are people who contributed greatly to build this country but by reasons beyond their control, they were rendered helpless. It is those people that I think of when people start throwing dirt at the welfare recipients.

Currently I dont take welfare but I like to know it will be there when I am unable to provide for myself and needed it to survive.

Quote: Originally posted by maringoman on Nov 28, 2010

I would be heart broken if a judge awarded my money to somebody that left me, or I left.

For some reason though, I dont think this case is the same as the issue of taxes.

There are people who contributed greatly to build this country but by reasons beyond their control, they were rendered helpless. It is those people that I think of when people start throwing dirt at the welfare recipients.

Currently I dont take welfare but I like to know it will be there when I am unable to provide for myself and needed it to survive.

this article says it was awarded but others and the radio state  that it was an out of court settlement.

Texas Joey's avatarTexas Joey

I think we shouldn't judge Wendy so badly.  She kept his Child and cared for her so 3 million is chicken feed to 90 million!!!

ca-dreamin*'s avatarca-dreamin*

Quote: Originally posted by maringoman on Nov 28, 2010

I just read this story and all I can say is AMAZING!

@maringoman.....I hope you live in a good state when it comes to welfare. Don't be so sure it will be there for you. SERIOUSLY!

socalgal's avatarsocalgal

OMG is this for real?  If she's the ex, how could she won that case - unless he was providing spousal support?  Maybe the judge is getting a cut from her 3.2mil.  Hhmmmmm What?

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story