$244 MILLION: Mega Millions lottery frenzy ramps up

Mar 19, 2011, 2:18 am (121 comments)

Mega Millions

By Todd Northrop

The multi-state Mega Millions lottery game once again enters the spotlight, as lottery players across the United States will vie for a Mega-jackpot Tuesday that promises to radically change one lucky winner's life.

After nobody won Friday night's Mega Millions drawing, the $201 million jackpot 'rolled over', and the new estimate for Tuesday's drawing is a massive $244 million.

The cash value — the most important factor for many jackpot-watchers — stands at a staggering $155.7 million.

Tuesday's Mega Millions jackpot is the accumulation of 13 consecutive drawings without a top prize winner. The current jackpot run-up started on Feb. 4 as a $12 million grand prize.

Players should note that jackpot amounts are conservative estimates provided by the lotteries, and are often somewhat higher by the time the drawing occurs.

In the latest Mega Millions drawing that took place this past Friday night, there was no jackpot winner, but 12 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $250,000 prize: 1 from Georgia, 1 from Michigan, 5 from New Jersey, 1 from Pennsylvania, 1 from South Carolina, 1 from Tennessee, and 2 from Texas.

The Friday Mega Millions winning numbers were 14, 33, 34, 54, and 56, with a Mega Ball number of 37.  The Megaplier was 4.

Players who purchase the Megaplier for an extra $1 per ticket can have their non-jackpot prizes multiplied by the Megaplier number drawn that evening.  For example, for Friday night's drawing, players who purchased the Megaplier and won a $10,000 prize would have their prize multiplied by 4, and would win $40,000.

After it was determined that there were no jackpot-winning tickets in Friday's drawing, the Mega Millions annuity jackpot estimate was raised $43 million from its previous amount of $201 million. The cash value was raised by $27.4 million, from its previous amount of $128.3 million.

The next Mega Millions drawing will take place Tuesday evening at 11:00 pm EDT.

Mega Millions is currently offered for sale in 41 states, plus Washington, D.C. and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

For a complete set of game descriptions, results, history, and all questions regarding Mega Millions, lottery players are encouraged to visit USA Mega (www.usamega.com), a Web site that caters to the Unites States's two multi-state lottery games, Powerball and Mega Millions.

The Mega Millions winning numbers will be published at USA Mega minutes after the 11:00 pm EDT drawing.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

Artemis's avatarArtemis

I'd love to see this roll over into the 400's! The lines were long yesterday, so I can imagine what we are in for next week!

Good Luck everyone!!!!Hurray!Party

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by Artemis on Mar 19, 2011

I'd love to see this roll over into the 400's! The lines were long yesterday, so I can imagine what we are in for next week!

With MM and PB tickets selling in almost every state now, I thought long lines were a thing of the past.  When I stopped at a local gas station tonight to buy my MM tickets I was the only customer.

petergrfn

Quote: Originally posted by Artemis on Mar 19, 2011

Me too! I love the excitment of a large jackpot....I do dislike when the jackpot gets up to over 200 million and those people who never play and laugh when you play all the sudden want an office pool.....and the lines in the store are longer with people who don't know how to fill in a playslip or what a QP is........

s5thomps's avatars5thomps

Todd- I appreciate how the Usa Mega site is updated in a timely manner. I figured that someone would have hit the jackpot Friday but with  odds at 1 in 176 million it could rollover for several more drawings. It is likely that with  the jackpot being well over 200 million that some person or group will win before the end of March. That being said I hope that someone from the LP family wins and in particular I hope that person is me. I don't have to be the sole winner but it would be nice to have one of the winning tickets. I know that it is a longshot but you have NO SHOT if you don't have a ticket. "You have to be in it 2 win it!" Good luck everyone

"You make a living by what you get, You make a LIFE by what you give!"

Sir Winston Churchill   Sun Smiley

joshuacloak's avatarjoshuacloak

the real excitment is if it rolls 1 more time.

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 $380 Million
Friday, December 31, 2010

$242 Million

its 244m, maybe it will go up a few more  million by the time draw ready,    as this is the Time they start low balling us

but they have the data sells numbers  form mega run Just like this run  from just  over 2 months, so now i think they have a clue as not to lowball it to Much.  and have a Clue as to get real close first time around.

anyway, if it rolls, going form 244m to the 360+ million range, or 220+ cash is must likly

it could even break  380m range, but their 1 major  issue, that 380m roll  had 4 Days to sell!, if we roll again,  it only be 3 days of sells before the draw, 

, and next draw about 360m to 370m, with cash being somewhere around 220m to 230m cash

sure making it one of largest jackpots overall,    any  who said we won't have  to many high jackpots with 41 states, Ha?

also  am just waiting to say houston we have left off if it rolls again.

however if it  somehow rolls 2 times, we have 4 days of selling    with everyone and their dog buying  high 400+ million jackpot as they market it

, we easy Pass 500m mark,    our first half a billion..........    thro the odds are not its favor at that point

we can sure roll 1 more time must likly, thro the 300m range has proven the sells are off the charts with 41 states, and it has a low chance of rolling past it

ether way, enjoy the dreams of what we could buy if any of us Won this large jackpot,     it takes a full month and half of rolls just to get to this current level, or 14th draw.

also  i like it when people who Don'y play , Start Playing,    we need ever player we can get to set new records

, once they understand how games work, check their numbers online, etc,      maybe just maybe, they come back around ever more so often in the future

, cease they now  tryed it already,  and be more likly to buy a ticket, thro once lotto fever gone, ya, not many keep playing LOL

barbos's avatarbarbos

Well, after the next draw lottery fever starts - if nobody wins of course.  With proper media coverage all those posted jackpots won't be even close to actual jackpot value. And if no winner next two draws - it will shoot well beyond half a billion.

Party

CrazyHazyYay!'s avatarCrazyHazyYay!

My first comment on Lottery Post! How's everybody doing? Been playing the big jackpot games Mega Millions and Powerball since a few drawings right before Powerball came to NJ (hope that makes sense)! 

Good luck everyone and I hope someone shares the good news on Lottery Post when they win it all!

sully16's avatarsully16

Quote: Originally posted by CrazyHazyYay! on Mar 19, 2011

My first comment on Lottery Post! How's everybody doing? Been playing the big jackpot games Mega Millions and Powerball since a few drawings right before Powerball came to NJ (hope that makes sense)! 

Good luck everyone and I hope someone shares the good news on Lottery Post when they win it all!

Welcome to Lottery post CrazyHazyYay, Cheers

Grovel's avatarGrovel

Quote: Originally posted by sully16 on Mar 19, 2011

Welcome to Lottery post CrazyHazyYay, Cheers

Welcome to LP. Good Luck to you.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

I was counting on putting about $80 million in by bank account after last nites drawing .............................. but now I will purchase a ticket for about $101 million after taxes ............ I guess I will take it if I win but it is too much ..................... YEA RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green laugh

Litebets27's avatarLitebets27

Welcome to the LP CrazyHazy....Good luck to you also.Thumbs Up

OldSchoolPa's avatarOldSchoolPa

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Mar 19, 2011

I was counting on putting about $80 million in by bank account after last nites drawing .............................. but now I will purchase a ticket for about $101 million after taxes ............ I guess I will take it if I win but it is too much ..................... YEA RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green laugh

I hate to disappoint you dpoly1 but I have multiple accounts set up to handle the $109 million I expect to receive after 1) all six numbers match on my ticket, 2) I claim the jackpot win under a trust I have established, 3) Uncle Obama...oops, I mean Uncle Sam takes his cut, and 4) Papa "Raise My Taxes" Quinn gets his cut (that will be the last taxes Illinois get from me as I will move south after the big win...no longer want to fund those inflated public pensions...yep, I am a hardworking privately employed citizen).

Well, I know that your odds are not increased by buying more than $1 worth of tickets, but I think I am going to employ a strategy that seems to have worked well (luckily so) for many of the past jackpot winners...I am going to wheel about $500 worth of tickets for this next drawing...so that way if the several lines of the six numbers I select are spot on, I am guaranteed to win and not just come away with $250,000.  Wish me luck.  Good luck OldSchoolPa.....oh and when I win the lottery, I am going to visit my Mom...really I am (hey, it worked for someone so don't knock it!).  Oh and I am going to also purchase those $500 worth of MegaMillion tickets as a pool....right now my pool has 3 people in it....ME, MYSELF, and I (oops, I guess technically it is 4 since I am married, but since she doesn't believe in playing the lottery, is she technically still in my "pool"?)!!!!!

ayenowitall's avatarayenowitall

I really don't notice too much of a "frenzy" anymore when the MegaMillions and PowerBall jackpots get large. Now that they're both sold in pretty much all lottery states, the jackpots grow faster and are won more often. It's just a more commonplace occurence that people don't get so excited about. None of the people who I work around ever want to start pools anymore either. (I wouldn't join a pool anyway.)

I honestly can't recall the last time I had to stand in line to buy lottery tickets except when I happened to be behind people buying gas, beer, cigarettes, doughnuts, energy drinks and such. I think any long lines are more likely to form at lottery retailers that happen to be in towns that border non-lottery states, but that's just my guess.

Personally, I play MegaMillions and PowerBall whether the jackpot value is the minimum twelve or fifteen million dollars respectively, or an amount of hundreds of millions of dollars. Any of the jackpots would put me in a much better spot than I'm in now. Larger, longer jackpot runs only mean that fewer jackpots are being won. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see that as a good thing for players. The vast majority of us would be in pretty good shape if we could just win one of those starting jackpots.

neetsie

here  in conn where I am no lines very sweet, hope to hit, so good luck to allHat

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

"The cash value — the most important factor for many jackpot-watchers — stands at a staggering $155.7 million."

That cash value won't be the only thing staggering when I win.

(Actually, I'd probably be staggering anyway but it's nice to have a valid excuse for a change)

Todd's avatarTodd

Quote: Originally posted by ayenowitall on Mar 19, 2011

I really don't notice too much of a "frenzy" anymore when the MegaMillions and PowerBall jackpots get large. Now that they're both sold in pretty much all lottery states, the jackpots grow faster and are won more often. It's just a more commonplace occurence that people don't get so excited about. None of the people who I work around ever want to start pools anymore either. (I wouldn't join a pool anyway.)

I honestly can't recall the last time I had to stand in line to buy lottery tickets except when I happened to be behind people buying gas, beer, cigarettes, doughnuts, energy drinks and such. I think any long lines are more likely to form at lottery retailers that happen to be in towns that border non-lottery states, but that's just my guess.

Personally, I play MegaMillions and PowerBall whether the jackpot value is the minimum twelve or fifteen million dollars respectively, or an amount of hundreds of millions of dollars. Any of the jackpots would put me in a much better spot than I'm in now. Larger, longer jackpot runs only mean that fewer jackpots are being won. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see that as a good thing for players. The vast majority of us would be in pretty good shape if we could just win one of those starting jackpots.

I hear what you're saying, but the facts don't fit.  In the 14 months since PB and MM started the cross-selling arrangement, the MM jackpot has been over $200 million in only three jackpot run-ups.  And Powerball has been over $200 million in only three jackpot run-ups as well.

Plus, it has been almost a year since Powerball was over $200 million.  (The last time was June 2, 2010.)

Quote: Originally posted by Todd on Mar 19, 2011

I hear what you're saying, but the facts don't fit.  In the 14 months since PB and MM started the cross-selling arrangement, the MM jackpot has been over $200 million in only three jackpot run-ups.  And Powerball has been over $200 million in only three jackpot run-ups as well.

Plus, it has been almost a year since Powerball was over $200 million.  (The last time was June 2, 2010.)

Actually, the facts do fit.

I spoke of larger jackpots as opposed to the smaller starting minimums and lower roll-overs.  I wasn't talking about record jackpots or even necessarily over $200 million.

I stated that the jackpots now grow faster and are won more often. That is indeed the case.

Todd's avatarTodd

Actually, the facts do fit.

I spoke of larger jackpots as opposed to the smaller starting minimums and lower roll-overs.  I wasn't talking about record jackpots or even necessarily over $200 million.

I stated that the jackpots now grow faster and are won more often. That is indeed the case.

Oh, I thought you were commenting on the subject of this news story and the current Mega Millions jackpot, which is $244 million when you said, " It's just a more commonplace occurence that people don't get so excited about."

So you were commenting on OTHER Mega Millions jackpots that aren't so large.  Thanks for clearing that up.

What is your evidence that they are growing larger faster now, as opposed to before January, 2010 (when the cross-selling arrangement began)?  Can you tell me how 14 consecutive drawings to reach this point is different than in the past?  Can you also show how they are getting hit more often?  I believe I have shown in the past year how they are NOT getting hit more often.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

I believe it is pure chance to win ................... otherwise I would not play ..................... my only hobby is spending about $2 a week on either Mega Millions or Powerball ........................... so if it happens  - great - otherwise it gives a little pleasure to have a modest hobby !

I have all day to formulate my financial plans ............... just in case!

Big Grin

petergrfn

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 19, 2011

"The cash value — the most important factor for many jackpot-watchers — stands at a staggering $155.7 million."

(Actually, I'd probably be staggering anyway but it's nice to have a valid excuse for a change)

LOL!  rdgrnr would that be from the shock? or the Whiskey??  If your posts are any indication I think your Press Conference for your win would be hillarious!

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

PLAYING A SINGLE LINE QUICK PICK.Evil UhhUS Flag

ALL YOU NEED IS A DOLLAR AND A DREAM

butterflykt's avatarbutterflykt

Welcome to LP...and good luck to the both of US!!! Wink

todd made a intresting point, lets take a look at lastest draw vs odd pre cross selling draw rollover amounts per draw

for this draw, we have on our  14th draw coming up

tuesday march 22, 2011  244m , cash of 155.7   

Friday, March 18, 2011 14 · 33 · 34 · 54 · 56    + 37 4 $201 Million
Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10 · 11 · 12 · 28 · 43    + 45 4 $172 Million
Friday, March 11, 2011 14 · 19 · 21 · 42 · 45    + 06 2 $151 Million
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 03 · 17 · 19 · 41 · 55    + 24 4 $127 Million
Friday, March 04, 2011 08 · 10 · 15 · 23 · 41    + 07 4 $105 Million
Tuesday, March 01, 2011 01 · 12 · 19 · 20 · 47    + 25 3 $88 Million
Friday, February 25, 2011 04 · 05 · 17 · 19 · 50    + 07 4 $76 Million
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 15 · 22 · 23 · 48 · 55    + 31 4 $64 Million
Friday, February 18, 2011 05 · 06 · 07 · 30 · 45    + 42 3 $52 Million
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 17 · 18 · 24 · 35 · 39    + 18 4 $40 Million
Friday, February 11, 2011 08 · 09 · 17 · 32 · 34    + 13 2 $30 Million
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 25 · 35 · 36 · 47 · 48    + 18 2 $19 Million
Friday, February 04, 2011 06 · 20 · 29 · 48 · 55    + 06 4 $12 Million

to be fair to odd sales data, i should take  highest 14th draw before cross selling begin

Whats this? 252 in 14 draws vs current 244, and we have more states!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 03 · 12 · 19 · 22 · 40    + 02 4 $252 Million
Friday, August 21, 2009 09 · 38 · 44 · 48 · 49    + 13 4 $207 Million
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 04 · 05 · 26 · 37 · 56    + 25 4 $170 Million
Friday, August 14, 2009 08 · 22 · 25 · 33 · 35    + 46 4 $146 Million
Tuesday, August 11, 2009 06 · 12 · 15 · 32 · 42    + 40 3 $124 Million
Friday, August 07, 2009 07 · 18 · 35 · 45 · 56    + 03 3 $102 Million
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 01 · 28 · 34 · 42 · 50    + 27 3 $84 Million
Friday, July 31, 2009 17 · 35 · 44 · 52 · 56    + 22 2 $73 Million
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 04 · 17 · 24 · 25 · 48    + 34 3 $60 Million
Friday, July 24, 2009 03 · 06 · 43 · 51 · 52    + 36 4 $48 Million
Tuesday, July 21, 2009 03 · 08 · 21 · 50 · 52    + 02 4 $37 Million
Friday, July 17, 2009 08 · 17 · 40 · 47 · 50    + 13 4 $27 Million
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 20 · 29 · 35 · 45 · 53    + 41 4 $16 Million
Friday, July 10, 2009 05 · 10 · 26 · 27 · 28    + 04 4 $12 Million

however, this same draw had a 15th draw,  and it went to  336m form 256m, 

yet  looks compare it this recent high one, that i remb so well , Sky rocketed in its last roll before its death by 2 lucky as beep players

recent one, it started lower, yet Rolled much higher,   only when lotto fever sets in do the added states Help A ton.

soon as media on it,  41 states selling MM go into buying frenze that is pure Epic in scale,

Mega Millions Jackpot for Jan. 4, 2011   

$380,000,000

cash $240,000,000

Mega Millions Jackpot for Dec. 31, 2010   

$242,000,000

cash $154,000,000

thats a 86 million cash Jump VS  51 cash jump on old rollover without added states, and it had a higher number to begin with , so no doubts can be , cross selling pay off big time

Mega Millions Jackpot for Aug. 25, 2009   

$252,000,000

cash $159,000,000

Mega Millions Jackpot for Aug. 28, 2009   

$336,000,000

cash $210,000,000

only  evidence ofc  is of lotto fever of 41 states making it Jump much faster At high jackpots levels of 200+ tl

not many people play when jackpot low, its just how it is,   more players are always going to help out sure , but only when everyone buying

now to get back to planing my wicked vacation of my dreams as a backup Plan incase am"cursed" with a lottery win , a curse i glady take LOL

also
    tlc doing their  lottery changed my  life show

, 7 hours worth of it to be spot on, come sunday 20th,  am planning to rematch Mega-Mansion Millionaires One,

sense they had a major nice home and a even a hired chef cook for them  LOL, with 100 m atfer tax's, i could so for see my self getting hired Help LOL

Plus i think i start up my own mini zoo in a back yard, when you can hire people to look atfer all the pets,  hell i need to reseach is it allowed to have a pet beaver,i love the engineers of wild kindom, smart little devils

I Agree! That is why I always buy a ticket no matter the jackpot amount.  And I still buy an extra ticket even when the jackpot was just hit (unfortunately by someone else Crying).  That is also why I now routinely play my state lottery...I would be just as fine with $3.5 million cash as I would with $109 million cash...the only difference is that the interest the $109 million would generate each year would afford me a much higher standard of living than $3.5 million, but seriously, I do not see myself spending over 5 percent of any jackpot amount I might be lucky to win.  So the only reason I am ever really happy that a jackpot rolled over is when I look at my tickets and find they did not match...so just another chance to win an increasing amount even though I would be fine with $7 or $9 million (starting cash value of MegaMillions and Powerball respectively).  So tonight I am rooting for my numbers to match in Illinois' Lotto drawing and Powerball!

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

Quote: Originally posted by OldSchoolPa on Mar 19, 2011

I Agree! That is why I always buy a ticket no matter the jackpot amount.  And I still buy an extra ticket even when the jackpot was just hit (unfortunately by someone else Crying).  That is also why I now routinely play my state lottery...I would be just as fine with $3.5 million cash as I would with $109 million cash...the only difference is that the interest the $109 million would generate each year would afford me a much higher standard of living than $3.5 million, but seriously, I do not see myself spending over 5 percent of any jackpot amount I might be lucky to win.  So the only reason I am ever really happy that a jackpot rolled over is when I look at my tickets and find they did not match...so just another chance to win an increasing amount even though I would be fine with $7 or $9 million (starting cash value of MegaMillions and Powerball respectively).  So tonight I am rooting for my numbers to match in Illinois' Lotto drawing and Powerball!

1QP ALL YOU NEED IS A DOLLAR AND A DREAM.US Flag

ALL YOU NEED IS A DOLLAR AND A DREAM

NoShame's avatarNoShame

They say it will radically change someone's life...but chances are likely for another rollover.

I am actually rooting more for my six numbers to roll in the lottery drawings (at any given time, not just because the jackpot is over a certain amount) than I will ever root for any NCAA college basketball team during March Madness.  Although I don't make it a practice to watch the televised drawings, I have effectively avoided watching any of the NCAA basketball tournament.  Something about the hypocrisy surrounding the NCAA...if I were a politician, that is one organization I would have the IRS look into revoking tax-exempt status...then I would disband the IRS.  If the govt is looking to fill holes in their budget coffers, the NCAA is a multi-billion dollar per year revenue source...and although I am not an accountant, I do know that when you tax billions, you can end up with millions for government programs.  And I know this would not be unpopular with the general American public...the NCAA is the biggest scam outside of Bernie Madoff.

NYSlugger 777's avatarNYSlugger 777

"players across the United States will vie for a Mega-jackpot Tuesday that promises to radically change one lucky winner's life."

This statement isn't really true. It's possible for more than one person to pick the same set of  numbers and the jackpot would be spilt among the people who correctly matched all five white balls + the mega ball.

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

Quote: Originally posted by NYSlugger 777 on Mar 19, 2011

"players across the United States will vie for a Mega-jackpot Tuesday that promises to radically change one lucky winner's life."

This statement isn't really true. It's possible for more than one person to pick the same set of  numbers and the jackpot would be spilt among the people who correctly matched all five white balls + the mega ball.

THE LOTTERY COMPUTER ALWAYS PICK THE WINNING COMBINATION.Certain DEMOGRAPHIC AREAS AT STATES AND LOCAL LEVELS WIN MORE THAN OTHERS.That is why i have decided to play 1 QP .IT DOES NOT MATTER WHETHER IT IS QP OR SELF PICK.THE LOTTERY MACHINES ALREADY KNOW WHEN AND WHERE.

kyokushin187's avatarkyokushin187

That is exactly what I have been saying.I just find it odd how with all the people and num ber combinations that are played these jps are still rolling. The more they let the lottery roll over the more tickets people play which means the more money for the government once they decide to let a certain set of numbers from the geographical area they choose.they can determine what numbers to hit based on what numbers what played weather qp or player picked. They know what numbers have been played especially if they are played on a regular basis.

Quote: Originally posted by kyokushin187 on Mar 19, 2011

That is exactly what I have been saying.I just find it odd how with all the people and num ber combinations that are played these jps are still rolling. The more they let the lottery roll over the more tickets people play which means the more money for the government once they decide to let a certain set of numbers from the geographical area they choose.they can determine what numbers to hit based on what numbers what played weather qp or player picked. They know what numbers have been played especially if they are played on a regular basis.

That sounds good (to all the conspiracy theorists out there), but last time I checked, the MegaMillions and Powerball drawings are air-blown ball drawings.  Although I don't watch the live televised drawing, I do click on the link to watch the drawings from the website.  I am not going to use my brain cells to entertain this conspiracy theory, so would someone whose brain is preoccupied with conspiracy theories please explain to me (like I am a fifth grader) how the government can determine a  certain set of numbers from a geographical area of their choice and discriminate between QP or player picked numbers.  From what I understand about the drawing process, they perform several test drawings to ensure that the balls drawn are "random".  I am certain that it would raise a lot of red flags if a certain set of numbers consistently popped up during the test...so please explain this precision of number picking the government is supposedly orchestrating with each lottery drawing.  If you are talking about RNG, I am not a computer whiz and I know that there have been some issues with that process (I feel for you Tennessee, Indiana, etc), but RNG is not used for the jackpot MegaMillions or Powerball games.

visiondude's avatarvisiondude

the jackpot might as well be $1 billion,  and because i don't reside in desperation land,  it's still ....

ONLY 1 QP

(and trust me,  i HAVE enough financial / health reasons TO act "desperate",  if i wanted to.  ....  i refuse to ! )

people that are in a position of strength in life never have to act desperate ....1st vision 6:33

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by THRIFTY on Mar 19, 2011

THE LOTTERY COMPUTER ALWAYS PICK THE WINNING COMBINATION.Certain DEMOGRAPHIC AREAS AT STATES AND LOCAL LEVELS WIN MORE THAN OTHERS.That is why i have decided to play 1 QP .IT DOES NOT MATTER WHETHER IT IS QP OR SELF PICK.THE LOTTERY MACHINES ALREADY KNOW WHEN AND WHERE.

"THE LOTTERY MACHINES ALREADY KNOW WHEN AND WHERE."

You so crazy! 

White Bounce

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Welcome Crazy, I think you're gonna fit right in!

Best of luck to ya! LepThumbs UpYes Nod

NoShame's avatarNoShame

I checked my tickets and it turns out I won $3 in the last game.  Whoopee freakin do, I guess. :P

Will probably invest that $3 into this game and see if my luck increases.

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

Welcome to LP CrazyHazyYay!!!!

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

LOL.rdgrnr......I am cracking up!!!!!

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

You so crazy! 

White Bounce

YES, I AM CRAZY. That is why i play 1-2-3-4-5-6. Why not play it, the lottery is so ramdom after all.White BounceUS Flag

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Quote: Originally posted by NoShame on Mar 19, 2011

I checked my tickets and it turns out I won $3 in the last game.  Whoopee freakin do, I guess. :P

Will probably invest that $3 into this game and see if my luck increases.

LOL and Razz

I spent $3 this last draw and only got one number and it wasn't worth a 1/2 lb bag ofr fetilizer

but you won't hear me complain ......

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

YES, I AM CRAZY. That is why i play 1-2-3-4-5-6. Why not play it, the lottery is so ramdom after all.White BounceUS Flag

I ain't that smart myself.

I was shocked to learn that The Nutcracker was a Russian Ballet.

I thought that was what they called it when a gymnast slipped on the balance beam

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

Quote: Originally posted by OldSchoolPa on Mar 19, 2011

That sounds good (to all the conspiracy theorists out there), but last time I checked, the MegaMillions and Powerball drawings are air-blown ball drawings.  Although I don't watch the live televised drawing, I do click on the link to watch the drawings from the website.  I am not going to use my brain cells to entertain this conspiracy theory, so would someone whose brain is preoccupied with conspiracy theories please explain to me (like I am a fifth grader) how the government can determine a  certain set of numbers from a geographical area of their choice and discriminate between QP or player picked numbers.  From what I understand about the drawing process, they perform several test drawings to ensure that the balls drawn are "random".  I am certain that it would raise a lot of red flags if a certain set of numbers consistently popped up during the test...so please explain this precision of number picking the government is supposedly orchestrating with each lottery drawing.  If you are talking about RNG, I am not a computer whiz and I know that there have been some issues with that process (I feel for you Tennessee, Indiana, etc), but RNG is not used for the jackpot MegaMillions or Powerball games.

My free play in new york TAKE 5 A. 04-08-09-21-30. YES, IT IS A CONSPIRACY. CAN YOU EXPLAIN IT? 1 QP FOR ME regardless of jackpot size.I AM CRAZY White BounceUS Flag AND YES THE LOTTERY MACHINES KNOW WHEN AND WHERE THE JACKPOT WILL BE WON.

Drawing Results

Take 5

Pick10 Logo

March
14, 2011 Take Five Winning Numbers: 03-07-10-20-31 Take Five Drawing - 3 Top
Prize Winner(s) of $24,931.00 top prize

Prize Level Numbers Matched Prize Amount No.of Winners
First 5 of 5 $24,931.00 3
Winning Counties: NEW YORK , BRONX , NEW YORK ,
Retailer Locations:

• MET FOOD , 1316 AMSTERDAM AVE , NEW YORK
  • SOUNDVIEW DRUGS INC , 1550 WESTCHESTER AVE , BRONX
  • MARTIN'S NEWS SHOPS OF NY INC , #3 WORLD FIN CTR 200
    VESEY ST , NEW YORK
Second 4 of 5 $286.50 391
Third 3 of 5 $16.50 11059
Fourth 2 of 5 FREE PLAY * 105683

*Free Plays are "Quick Pick"
tickets, good for a subsequent TAKE FIVE drawing. Free Play tickets can be
claimed at any retail location.

Total cash winners: 11453

The information contained on these pages is believed to be accurate. In the
event of a discrepancy between the information displayed on this Web site
concerning winning numbers and payouts and the information contained in the
official and certified files maintained by the New York Lottery's Drawing Unit,
those maintained by the Drawing Unit shall prevail.

To print, click here.

Grace $Favour

Hey Everyone, am new here on lottery post , but i have been reading post here whenever i find the time for a couple of months. It's a lot of fun.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Grace $Favour on Mar 19, 2011

Hey Everyone, am new here on lottery post , but i have been reading post here whenever i find the time for a couple of months. It's a lot of fun.

Welcome to Lottery Post Grace!

Best of luck to ya! LepThumbs UpYes Nod

Grace $Favour

Thanx. rdgrnr

dk1421's avatardk1421

Yeah, that was my favorite line from Todd as well!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by dk1421 on Mar 19, 2011

Yeah, that was my favorite line from Todd as well!

I can see it now dk, me and you staggerin around the track at Charlotte.

Don't forget to call me now if you win.

Me and you are a team.

tiggs95's avatartiggs95

Me and you are a team.

The man just won't give up...

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by tiggs95 on Mar 20, 2011

The man just won't give up...

I'm like the energizer hillbilly.

Stack47

Quote: Originally posted by kyokushin187 on Mar 19, 2011

"I just find it odd how with all the people and num ber combinations that are played these jps are still rolling."

It looks like you're combining the total chances to win a jackpot during the entire jackpot run, but the only tickets that can win are the tickets sold in each drawing. There are 175 million possible combinations and the ticket sales were $66,360,212. With only 38% of the possible combinations covered, it was neither odd or unexpected when nobody hit. Someone might find it odd when the jackpot was won on November 9, 2010 when only 10% of the total combos were sold. 

"The more they let the lottery roll over the more tickets people play which means the more money for the government once they decide to let a certain set of numbers from the geographical area they choose."

Ticket sales are usually under $30 million in each drawing until the jackpot reaches $100 and then more people start buying tickets. Only twice in the history of MM the ticket sales exceeded the number of possible combination. It's pretty simple, there is a significant rise in the jackpot when there is a significant rise in ticket sales.

If the lotteries are determining when the jackpot will be hit, why are jackpots under $100 million hit?

Most states have a state income tax and the only state that benefits is where the jackpots are hit. It makes no sense for any of the 43 state lotteries involved in MM to choose a certain geographical area that is not in their state. If the fix is in, they are not only cheating the players, they are cheating the other state lotteries too.

petergrfn

Me and you are a team.

Cool....are you going to buy a Nascar Team??  Now here comes rdgrnr down the backstretch in the number ( )  LP car!  LOL

I live near Charlotte I would drive to come see that!!    I have always wanted to drive one of those cars......  If I won $244 million I wonder if Jim Beam would sponser my car??  Sad Cheers        Good luck to the both of you guys...

sully16's avatarsully16

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 20, 2011

I'm like the energizer hillbilly.

Green laughlol , best line all week.

HAHAHAHAHA thank you for making my day.

edit: what the heck? I clicked reply for rdgrnr's Nutcracker post, and it had his quote boxed above my comment... Did I click something wrong to display his original comment?

edit1: Ok never mind, I didn't notice the little checkbox about including the original quote... sorry!

Hey Grace $Favour! Yeah me too, I have been visiting this website for at least a year, and was just too lazy to register for my own account. Welcome! People are very nice and friendly here and I love it! And thank you for making me feel welcome everybody!

Perfecttiming2's avatarPerfecttiming2

Quote: Originally posted by Stack47 on Mar 20, 2011

"I just find it odd how with all the people and num ber combinations that are played these jps are still rolling."

It looks like you're combining the total chances to win a jackpot during the entire jackpot run, but the only tickets that can win are the tickets sold in each drawing. There are 175 million possible combinations and the ticket sales were $66,360,212. With only 38% of the possible combinations covered, it was neither odd or unexpected when nobody hit. Someone might find it odd when the jackpot was won on November 9, 2010 when only 10% of the total combos were sold. 

"The more they let the lottery roll over the more tickets people play which means the more money for the government once they decide to let a certain set of numbers from the geographical area they choose."

Ticket sales are usually under $30 million in each drawing until the jackpot reaches $100 and then more people start buying tickets. Only twice in the history of MM the ticket sales exceeded the number of possible combination. It's pretty simple, there is a significant rise in the jackpot when there is a significant rise in ticket sales.

If the lotteries are determining when the jackpot will be hit, why are jackpots under $100 million hit?

Most states have a state income tax and the only state that benefits is where the jackpots are hit. It makes no sense for any of the 43 state lotteries involved in MM to choose a certain geographical area that is not in their state. If the fix is in, they are not only cheating the players, they are cheating the other state lotteries too.

Stack47....great post!

Perfecttiming2's avatarPerfecttiming2

Hi CrazyHazyYay!

" while the value of a dollar is substantial, hope is priceless"

I have held that notion for years!!!!!!!!!.....(And I always thought it would be a good tag line for an ad!)

Quote: Originally posted by Todd on Mar 19, 2011

Oh, I thought you were commenting on the subject of this news story and the current Mega Millions jackpot, which is $244 million when you said, " It's just a more commonplace occurence that people don't get so excited about."

So you were commenting on OTHER Mega Millions jackpots that aren't so large.  Thanks for clearing that up.

What is your evidence that they are growing larger faster now, as opposed to before January, 2010 (when the cross-selling arrangement began)?  Can you tell me how 14 consecutive drawings to reach this point is different than in the past?  Can you also show how they are getting hit more often?  I believe I have shown in the past year how they are NOT getting hit more often.

Todd,

Large jackpots are a more commonplace occurence in any given state now that neither PowerBall nor MegaMillions is the only giant jackpot game in any given state. The larger jackpots may not occur more often in any one of the games, but with both games in states, it is rather commonplace. And a jackpot does not necessarily have to be over $200 million to be considered large; I think I covered what I meant by referring to large jackpots in my previous posts.

Since January 2010 when cross-selling began, the MegaMillions jackpot has been hit fifteen times. To my surprise, it was also hit fifteen times in the same amount of time immediately prior to January 2010. So, you are right that the MegaMillions jackpots are not being hit more often. I suppose that my assessment was confused because of the illusion of having both MegaMillions and PowerBall in my state. Consequently, even though MegaMillions was not being hit more often, the alternating jackpot hits between MegaMillions and PowerBall gave me the mistaken impression that they were both being hit more often. I was wrong about that.

I do believe that I'm right about the jackpots growing faster, though. Since cross-selling began, the mean average jackpot increase has been $14.48 million per drawing for MegaMillions. In the same amount of time immediately prior to cross-selling, the mean average jackpot increase per drawing was $14.08 million. That's an increase of $400,000 per drawing on average. That may not be a huge increase, but it's a significant increase nonetheless. So, the MegaMillions jackpots are growing faster since cross-selling began.

I only researched this growth for the MegaMillions game since it is the subject of this news story, but I suspect that the same holds true for the growth rate of PowerBall jackpots. I used data from the USAMEGA site for my calculations, but you can check the accuracy of my figures since you probably have vastly greater resources at your disposal.

aurico

Hello, fellow LPs, I am new here. I have been playing various lottery games for the past 3 years and I have successful won thousands of dollars. The funny thing is that ALMOST evey time when I play large jackpot games I OFTEN match 2 to 3 numbers. THIS HAPPENS VERY OFTEN when I play. It doesn't matter whether it is Mega or Powerball. I use a UNIQUE method when I play the lottery. I NEVER play arbitrary numbers, I don't play birthdays, I don't GUESS, I don't use lottery wheel software, I don't use random number generators and  I also don't play Quick Picks. My Method is quite CLEVER, and seems promising thus far. Let's just say I have a THING for numbers.

SKEPTICISM is only natural. But as hard as it is to believe, I may have stumbled upon the most EFFECTIVE way of playing the lottery.

3-4 number ball MATCH - My lottery predictions are accurate MOST OF THE TIME.

I CAN'T WAIT TO LOCK ALL SIX NUMBERS!!!!!!!!

wizeguy's avatarwizeguy

Hi CrazyHazyYay!,

Welcome to Lottery Post. May luck always be with you!!

wizeguy's avatarwizeguy

Hey Grace $Favour,

Welcome to Lottery Post. It's one of a few of my often visited sites!! I wish you loads of luck in your lottery entertainment purchases!

wizeguy's avatarwizeguy

Quote: Originally posted by on Apr 23, 2024

Hi Dick2,

Welcome to Lottery Post. Lots of new members in this thread. Good luck to you and enjoy your time here!

wizeguy's avatarwizeguy

Quote: Originally posted by aurico on Mar 20, 2011

Hello, fellow LPs, I am new here. I have been playing various lottery games for the past 3 years and I have successful won thousands of dollars. The funny thing is that ALMOST evey time when I play large jackpot games I OFTEN match 2 to 3 numbers. THIS HAPPENS VERY OFTEN when I play. It doesn't matter whether it is Mega or Powerball. I use a UNIQUE method when I play the lottery. I NEVER play arbitrary numbers, I don't play birthdays, I don't GUESS, I don't use lottery wheel software, I don't use random number generators and  I also don't play Quick Picks. My Method is quite CLEVER, and seems promising thus far. Let's just say I have a THING for numbers.

SKEPTICISM is only natural. But as hard as it is to believe, I may have stumbled upon the most EFFECTIVE way of playing the lottery.

Hiya aurico,

Welcome to Lottery Post! Good luck with your clever method of picking winning numbers!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by aurico on Mar 20, 2011

Welcome to Lottery Post aurico and best of luck to you!LepThumbs UpYes Nod

Ok, we give up, what's your method?

Todd's avatarTodd

Quote: Originally posted by ayenowitall on Mar 20, 2011

Todd,

Large jackpots are a more commonplace occurence in any given state now that neither PowerBall nor MegaMillions is the only giant jackpot game in any given state. The larger jackpots may not occur more often in any one of the games, but with both games in states, it is rather commonplace. And a jackpot does not necessarily have to be over $200 million to be considered large; I think I covered what I meant by referring to large jackpots in my previous posts.

Since January 2010 when cross-selling began, the MegaMillions jackpot has been hit fifteen times. To my surprise, it was also hit fifteen times in the same amount of time immediately prior to January 2010. So, you are right that the MegaMillions jackpots are not being hit more often. I suppose that my assessment was confused because of the illusion of having both MegaMillions and PowerBall in my state. Consequently, even though MegaMillions was not being hit more often, the alternating jackpot hits between MegaMillions and PowerBall gave me the mistaken impression that they were both being hit more often. I was wrong about that.

I do believe that I'm right about the jackpots growing faster, though. Since cross-selling began, the mean average jackpot increase has been $14.48 million per drawing for MegaMillions. In the same amount of time immediately prior to cross-selling, the mean average jackpot increase per drawing was $14.08 million. That's an increase of $400,000 per drawing on average. That may not be a huge increase, but it's a significant increase nonetheless. So, the MegaMillions jackpots are growing faster since cross-selling began.

I only researched this growth for the MegaMillions game since it is the subject of this news story, but I suspect that the same holds true for the growth rate of PowerBall jackpots. I used data from the USAMEGA site for my calculations, but you can check the accuracy of my figures since you probably have vastly greater resources at your disposal.

You can't use average increase per draw to get an accurate comparison.  That would unfairly weight this year/end of last year, when there was the near-record jackpot.  If you eliminate that run-up (which is appropriate to achieve a good, valid comparison), then you will find the jackpots are growing roughly the same as before.

I don't think anyone (including the state lotteries) knew exactly what would happen after the cross-selling agreement went into effect.  It is important when evaluating things after-the-fact that the analysis not be done with gut instincts and preconceptions, but rather with fair anaylsis using good data.

The data I have seen is good for lotteries and players in general:  incrementally more revenue to the states with the addition of the another multi-state game, better availability and choice of games for players, and both games appear to offer similar-sized jackpots and run-ups as before (so the game is not less-fun to play).

I believe the lotteries should focus on adding another multi-state game, but with a higher ticket price and a bit better odds of winning.  Something like Canada'a Lotto Max, but perhaps with a jackpot that can grow larger.

Also, I really wish MUSL would take over operations of Mega Millions, as they are much better equiped to handle the centralized tasks necessary to run a multi-state game.

CutlassBob's avatarCutlassBob

Here we go again. I can start my dreaming on what to do with approx $160,000,000.00 dollars. It's flabbergasting to imagine the big pile of cash one could have. 

Well i'm going to buy a few Ez Picks here in Michigan then make my own picks from the Ez Pick tickets and then i will use my dart board method, combined all three and come up with a few more selections.

I would like to thank you all for giving me a method to my madness here on LP. I will throw a few parties located at different venues across the States for anyone who would like to attend. I will Throw Todd a cool million or so to keep things rolling and do whatever he wishes. 

After that i will fall off the map but i will stay on LP, don't try to find me using my I.P. address because i will bounce it off many proxy servers across the globe and even a few satellites.

Then i woke up.

But hey, someone's gotta win, why not me, or you?

Enjoy.

Cutla$$Bob

i too perfer MUSL,hell i want their hot lotto to replaced my state pack 6 even

but i rather they don't gain control of MM,

it was the same overall leadership in MUSL that Thinked of  a Jackpot Cap, was  the best idea in whole world. 

now to give everyone  a idea, mm record cash, 240m , powerball jackpot cash record is 177.3m , here the issue, its  Annuity cap only goes up 25m, or about  13m max cash per rollover, at cap,

it has no chance in hell of ever Giving us large record jackpots of MM,  like if mm rolls, it once again Beat the biggest Powerball jackpot in cash Easy.......

yet it has more Odds in its favor to roll. guest powerball just has no luck..

thro to be fair to MUSL, if MM had 30 year payout annuity MUSL offers, , that 240m cash jackpot would of been marketed like 470m  plus LOL, sells would of been off the charts.

am not a fan Fan of longer Annuity , but people buy based off that Higher number, so make my jackpots fly up faster,  sign, am a cash fan.

as for higher ticket price and a bit better odds of winning, something like canada max, No, 

pack 6 state games for lower prize amounts then mm,pb offer,     it needs to be something that offers  higher jackpots then pb/mm do,  players buy based on Insane high amounts

hell i want new jackpot records, cease i love such insane amounts!

so it ofc need higher odds,  or it be won more often, and it needs that time to rollover more  to beat insane records already set by pb/mm jackpots of our past ,

thro i Would Love a National Raffle game, Now that a idea,  after x amount of tickets Sold, we have the draw, and we have a winner,    that is    with all 44 states that ether sell mm/pb jackpots . with such a national rafle, you can have Nice Amount Money in prize pools to give away. while letting states ofc keep their 40 to 50% share that they already do for jackpot games offered,

Prob988

I personally prefer Megamillions.

Better odds, higher cash fraction.

The number of tickets I play in either game is a function of the expectation value - the ratio of reward to the odds against.    Powerball has never, not once, matched Megamillions in this category.

I am against a higher priced shorter odds game.

Grace $Favour

Thanks crazyhazyyay, i see everybody is pretty nice , and i think Todd is doing a very good job with all the articles he post here, a lot of time i find lottery info here before the lottery websites post the same info

Grace $Favour

Thank u wizeguy, i need all d luck i can get, i hope this luck puts me in right  place so i can buy that jackpot winning ticket. lol

Just wondering.hoy much do u think a atty would charge to firm a trust and  cash a ticket

kansas

It gotta be in Kansas THis time!!!!

I bet alot of people will play Lost Number this time!!!! good luck!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by petergrfn on Mar 20, 2011

Cool....are you going to buy a Nascar Team??  Now here comes rdgrnr down the backstretch in the number ( )  LP car!  LOL

I live near Charlotte I would drive to come see that!!    I have always wanted to drive one of those cars......  If I won $244 million I wonder if Jim Beam would sponser my car??  Sad Cheers        Good luck to the both of you guys...

Nascar Team, hmmm... not a bad idea pete. I wanna do things a little different though.

Cheerleaders!

Hmmm... maybe I should start auditions now...

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by kyokushin187 on Mar 20, 2011

Just wondering.hoy much do u think a atty would charge to firm a trust and  cash a ticket

As much as he/she can.

Super-man's avatarSuper-man

Oh yeah! Wink Now that Powerball has reached the $101 million mark, this coming Tuesday and Wednesday is gonna be an exciting week for us lotto aficionados! Cheers

If anyone wins MM, there's still PB to "worry" about! Hyper

ttech10's avatarttech10

You so crazy! 

White Bounce

With no judgement on the originator of that thought, I used to think the same thing when I was in elementary school. Then I learned about how they go through so many lengths to make sure the numbers are drawn randomly, among other things, and realized how impossible it would be.

On another note though, Houston needs to stop having all the Texas fun, I've noticed them or surrounding areas had quite a bit of 5+0 hits on either Powerball or Mega Millions. I wouldn't be surprised though if the other winner from Texas was from Louisiana. Our area has been pretty dry lately, hopefully this next drawing can change that (or that I can change it, of course).

I'm not a believer that if a place previously sold a big winner that it will sell again, but I may get two $1 tickets from two different places here that did good in Lotto Texas. It's worked for people other places so why not try it out. Can't hurt anything.

kyokushin187, i hate to say it, but it depends,  i already emailed a large lawfirm to get a idea, i suggest you do large law firm research in your area if ever bored,

thro to give you a flat out high number i came to, am looking at 250k for Ever thing i want done the first year, with a small lawyers retainer Being a yearly thing

they get legal requests all the time to try to find out who you are, and lawyer just denials them, think of lawyer as your firewall software, must costly one Ever,

also much large law firms offer nearly ever thing now a days, , as  basic stuff , even froming a trust could be done online ,aka self help legal work, so they have to offer value, 1 stop shop to their cilents.

but for keeping your names from any and all public requests to find you at bay,a smart wit lawyer best bet for lotto winner.

also  congrats on planning a trust to claim it on the down low,   as now you can avoid all the public beggers long as u kept your mouth shut.

am planning to walk in their with my Fireproof Safe suitcase"ticket inside", key locked one , and hand cliffed to me, with my dad acting as witness and video cam recorder of all dealings with said lawyers

i also upload a video to a x place online before  i go anywhere    , and if i don't Stop the countdown in 14 days, aka if anything happens to me, the video with me and my ticket and who what where  , of all info of who could of robbed me blind and stealed my ticket goes public,     also know as Rob me , Kill me, their going to find Out , the  cops that is and lotto  hq

i also plan to only show the lawyers the ticket, and be like, for now i hold onto it, we meet in the lotto HQ lobby come turning in time , i hand lottery staff the ticket, and you speak form their on , aka "where the jackpot winners lawyers and here to claim as trust, am the trust lawyer and this is my Associate false name "me as a undercover witness" lawyer does all the paper work, am just their to "oversee" things rofl

Ya, i Don't even trust about anyone besides the people who Feeded me as kid with 100m plus,

also if you want max value but get ripped off as all lawyers do,   sit down with large firm, and be like, what can you Guys do for Me.

ask about all services they can offer you , ,  hell i want a package deal, a Tax Attorney to boot,   am planning to start up a business/trust thing,

just use them the best you can To Avoid having to do any paperwork your self,  and have them protect you from public eyes ,    am planning to hide all my money in so many "diff" trusts its going to drive poor person trying to find out who i am crazy mad. 

alright i Finally got the paperwork showing who the beep, trust beneficiary 's are, this is just more trust's, wtf? rofl

its called, a mole rat defence,   when you go down the tunnel , only to come a point  where the tunnel turns into 6 diff tunnels  ,and you got no clues as to where any goes

which one has the Winner name ,   others are their  whatever, decoys even lol      gl finding Me beeps, paperwork trail going to be Beep find me,    thro i don't think they even get inside the tunnel to begin with, pass the lawyers,

but if they  somehow do, gl geting their pass all the trust's 

Just remb, Have a great time enjoying the money when you got it, the work you done before claimed should Be all you need. besides stock market ,investment of real time values  ofc

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Welcome new members!

When I purchased my Mega Millions ticket the person in front of me spent $5 on the "Mega Ball" and $5 on the "Power thing" ............ I surely hope he doesn't win because he is lost at his current level of income!

and .................. I am always keen to receive wisdom from the "energizer hillbilly" !!!!!!!!!!!

I did spend a couple of more bucks on Mega Millions than usual, but I didn't go crazy ............ besides the CEO at home would not be happy if I spent too much .............Big Grin

Looking forward to the +/- $101 Million deposit after taxes Cool ( no state tax in PA)

louise black

CrazyNow I say that crazy!!!! those numbers will never never be call ,trust me . I agree with others Is' a white bounce.Jester Laugh

louise black

Green laughLol !for crying out loud rdgrnr in my case it will be my relatives, sorry guys you know it's true!Yes Nod

petergrfn

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 20, 2011

Nascar Team, hmmm... not a bad idea pete. I wanna do things a little different though.

Cheerleaders!

Hmmm... maybe I should start auditions now...

Cheerleaders...Now there's an idea whose time has come for Nascar!!  Make sure to give them long skirts that will blow up when the cars go bye like Marilyn Monroe's!   Let me know when the auditions are I'll bring the beer.....

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

I'm spending $6 on tomorrows game. 3 tickets with megaplier. I could use $1,000,000 around now Approve

Good luck people

freeobama's avatarfreeobama

I am going to have fun spending $100,000,000 after taxes!ROFL

dk1421's avatardk1421

Quote: Originally posted by Super-man on Mar 21, 2011

Oh yeah! Wink Now that Powerball has reached the $101 million mark, this coming Tuesday and Wednesday is gonna be an exciting week for us lotto aficionados! Cheers

If anyone wins MM, there's still PB to "worry" about! Hyper

Yes - a very exciting week!!! I haven't bought any tickets yet. I don't know if I'm just being lazy or if I'm waiting for that "sign".

Definitely buying some tomorrow!

Prob988

Quote: Originally posted by joshuacloak on Mar 21, 2011

kyokushin187, i hate to say it, but it depends,  i already emailed a large lawfirm to get a idea, i suggest you do large law firm research in your area if ever bored,

thro to give you a flat out high number i came to, am looking at 250k for Ever thing i want done the first year, with a small lawyers retainer Being a yearly thing

they get legal requests all the time to try to find out who you are, and lawyer just denials them, think of lawyer as your firewall software, must costly one Ever,

also much large law firms offer nearly ever thing now a days, , as  basic stuff , even froming a trust could be done online ,aka self help legal work, so they have to offer value, 1 stop shop to their cilents.

but for keeping your names from any and all public requests to find you at bay,a smart wit lawyer best bet for lotto winner.

also  congrats on planning a trust to claim it on the down low,   as now you can avoid all the public beggers long as u kept your mouth shut.

am planning to walk in their with my Fireproof Safe suitcase"ticket inside", key locked one , and hand cliffed to me, with my dad acting as witness and video cam recorder of all dealings with said lawyers

i also upload a video to a x place online before  i go anywhere    , and if i don't Stop the countdown in 14 days, aka if anything happens to me, the video with me and my ticket and who what where  , of all info of who could of robbed me blind and stealed my ticket goes public,     also know as Rob me , Kill me, their going to find Out , the  cops that is and lotto  hq

i also plan to only show the lawyers the ticket, and be like, for now i hold onto it, we meet in the lotto HQ lobby come turning in time , i hand lottery staff the ticket, and you speak form their on , aka "where the jackpot winners lawyers and here to claim as trust, am the trust lawyer and this is my Associate false name "me as a undercover witness" lawyer does all the paper work, am just their to "oversee" things rofl

Ya, i Don't even trust about anyone besides the people who Feeded me as kid with 100m plus,

also if you want max value but get ripped off as all lawyers do,   sit down with large firm, and be like, what can you Guys do for Me.

ask about all services they can offer you , ,  hell i want a package deal, a Tax Attorney to boot,   am planning to start up a business/trust thing,

just use them the best you can To Avoid having to do any paperwork your self,  and have them protect you from public eyes ,    am planning to hide all my money in so many "diff" trusts its going to drive poor person trying to find out who i am crazy mad. 

alright i Finally got the paperwork showing who the beep, trust beneficiary 's are, this is just more trust's, wtf? rofl

its called, a mole rat defence,   when you go down the tunnel , only to come a point  where the tunnel turns into 6 diff tunnels  ,and you got no clues as to where any goes

which one has the Winner name ,   others are their  whatever, decoys even lol      gl finding Me beeps, paperwork trail going to be Beep find me,    thro i don't think they even get inside the tunnel to begin with, pass the lawyers,

but if they  somehow do, gl geting their pass all the trust's 

Just remb, Have a great time enjoying the money when you got it, the work you done before claimed should Be all you need. besides stock market ,investment of real time values  ofc

Wow.   You have it all planned out.

Well, pretty much.    There's one small detail you left out, and that would be owning the winning ticket.

Somehow you are not alone in believing you will inevitably win.

sandia's avatarsandia

Hello everybody, looks like we the frenzy went up a few notches. We can only wait. I have my ticket. Good luck everybody!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by sandia on Mar 21, 2011

Hello everybody, looks like we the frenzy went up a few notches. We can only wait. I have my ticket. Good luck everybody!

Hi sandia, you're right about the frenzy, I'm jumpy as a long tail cat in a room full of rockin chairs.

Good luck to you too!Thumbs UpLepYes Nod

sandia's avatarsandia

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 21, 2011

Hi sandia, you're right about the frenzy, I'm jumpy as a long tail cat in a room full of rockin chairs.

Good luck to you too!Thumbs UpLepYes Nod

LOL. What a description!LOL

****Dreams a dream Bed, it might be the answer to all of your desires.

bigdaddyrib48

IS ANYONE ELSE BESIDES ME PLAYING PICK 101......THIS NUMBER HAS NOT CAME SINCE OCTOBER 2009 AND I HAVE BEEN PLAYING IT EVERYDAY SINCE THEN CAN I GET SOME HELPPPPPPPPPPPArgue

I spent $1 on my own line of numbers and  $15 on quick picks for tonights game.Dance

podder1's avatarpodder1

i have 4 sets of my own numbers i have been playing for 81/2 years now, so it is my turn to hit it big tonight .

sooooooo good luck to everyone.

i will be posting my news on lottery post   after my big win.

podder1's avatarpodder1

hello 2 u 2  ,this is my night march 22, 2011   my birthday was on 3/21   this is my lucky week.

NoShame's avatarNoShame

I got the last of a few MM slips left at a nearby gas station.

Originally I was only gonna get 4 tickets (in case there was a rollover) but now I have 7 tickets.

Rick G's avatarRick G

You heard it here first...nobody will win the jackpot tonight, 3/22.  It will go on to become the largest lottery jackpot on record.

hoping2winbig's avatarhoping2winbig

hey rickg , I think you may be right about that .

I still got a few tickets just in case

Quote: Originally posted by Rick G on Mar 22, 2011

You heard it here first...nobody will win the jackpot tonight, 3/22.  It will go on to become the largest lottery jackpot on record.

I think there is going to be a winner tonight.There was a line of people buying tickets from the local gas station and that is rare! Party

Off to the grocery store to pick up slips so I can fill out my numbers and submit them at the other mini mart! Gotta try something new!

PartyCheersHippyLepROFL These smileys are so fun haha.

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

5 MEGA MILLIONS QUICK PICKS. LINCOLN SPIRIT BRINGS WEALTH.US Flag 

LINCOLN SPIRIT WILL BRINGS ME WEALTH

Quote: Originally posted by THRIFTY on Mar 22, 2011

5 MEGA MILLIONS QUICK PICKS. LINCOLN SPIRIT BRINGS WEALTH.US Flag 

LINCOLN SPIRIT WILL BRINGS ME WEALTH

I just went all in and spent $39 total!Red Devil

waitinforthebig

Quote: Originally posted by freeobama on Mar 22, 2011

I just went all in and spent $39 total!Red Devil

WoW, I brought one 7 17 34 37 52 MB 36

Quote: Originally posted by waitinforthebig on Mar 22, 2011

WoW, I brought one 7 17 34 37 52 MB 36

I am doing better than the norm $100.Oogle

delS

we will have a new record with this run!!

Got my 4 tickets now just let faith handle the rest.

Tonight is my night!Scared

brucevang

I can see the future already, tonight's Megamillions $244,000,000 million is won at Kwik Trip 3853 6th St, Wausau, WI. That'll be me..! =D

$2.00 my own pick and $3.00 quick picks! I used all quarters, hopefully that change my luck.

Savwa's avatarSavwa

Im the Newbie, I have chosen this thread for my first post.  I recently found this site, today as a matter of fact... It appears that you all have formed a pretty good community here.

Good Luck to you all but hopefully I will have better luck.  $244 million is a lot of money.

delS

Quote: Originally posted by Savwa on Mar 22, 2011

Im the Newbie, I have chosen this thread for my first post.  I recently found this site, today as a matter of fact... It appears that you all have formed a pretty good community here.

Good Luck to you all but hopefully I will have better luck.  $244 million is a lot of money.

welcome aboard

hoping2winbig's avatarhoping2winbig

I  INTEND that I have in my possession the Megamillions ticket with all of the correct winning numbers drawn  for the jackpot drawing tonight 3/22/11

I INTEND this will happen for the greater - higher good and will use it accordingly .

May peace &  good luck be with everyone on LP Smiley

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

Quote: Originally posted by podder1 on Mar 22, 2011

hello 2 u 2  ,this is my night march 22, 2011   my birthday was on 3/21   this is my lucky week.

The drawing may happen during your lucky week, but for about 821,000 people whose birthday is today the drawing will be on their lucky day. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you don't stand a chance going up against all of them.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by KY Floyd on Mar 22, 2011

The drawing may happen during your lucky week, but for about 821,000 people whose birthday is today the drawing will be on their lucky day. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you don't stand a chance going up against all of them.

If anyone wins a piece of the jackpot tonight, today will have been the luckiest day of their life regardless of their birthday.

Grovel's avatarGrovel

I got two tickets with the megaplier on it.

15 23 24 28 39 09

09 14 35 42 46 40

I am feeling lucky right now.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Welcome to Lottery Post Savwa.

Best of luck to you!LepThumbs UpYes Nod

wizeguy's avatarwizeguy

Welcome Savwa, enjoy your time here!

Todd's avatarTodd

It rolled.  $304 Million - story coming soon.

Grovel's avatarGrovel

Holy Crap! The cash payout is almost 200 million, and I bet it is going to roll again.

NoShame's avatarNoShame

Quote: Originally posted by Grovel on Mar 23, 2011

Holy Crap! The cash payout is almost 200 million, and I bet it is going to roll again.

In that case, I will definitly have to pull back on the next couple of games.  Probably won't be spending much.  Then again I wound up buying more tickets for this last game than I originally intended.

Things are going to get crazy now!

wizeguy's avatarwizeguy

Quote: Originally posted by Todd on Mar 23, 2011

It rolled.  $304 Million - story coming soon.

awww, c'mon Todd. I just marked this thread 5 of 5 stars and now you're gonna make it old news. hehe

Quote: Originally posted by Grovel on Mar 23, 2011

Even if it doesn't get bumped up from $304 million there's a fair chance that a winner is now more likely than a rollover.  If the combinations played were all random the curent figures suggest selling about 54% of the combinations. Assuming 70% are QP's that only leaves about 16% of combinations to those who choose their own. Plenty of people play birthday numbers, playslip diagonals, sequences, etc, but I'm not sure if that's enough to drop the total below 50%.

Of course I'm sure it will get bumped, and even with the  non-random duplicates they could easily sell more than 60% of combinations. I'm hoping that the big (at least until tomorrow night) PB jackpot takes aways some sales, so that there's a better chance for a rollover. Even with fairly big sales there will still be about a 30% chance of that, and another roll has an extremely good chance of passing the $500 million mark. I could probably scrape by with the net from $193 million, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of cushion, just in case.

GiveFive's avatarGiveFive

Quote: Originally posted by KY Floyd on Mar 23, 2011

Even if it doesn't get bumped up from $304 million there's a fair chance that a winner is now more likely than a rollover.  If the combinations played were all random the curent figures suggest selling about 54% of the combinations. Assuming 70% are QP's that only leaves about 16% of combinations to those who choose their own. Plenty of people play birthday numbers, playslip diagonals, sequences, etc, but I'm not sure if that's enough to drop the total below 50%.

Of course I'm sure it will get bumped, and even with the  non-random duplicates they could easily sell more than 60% of combinations. I'm hoping that the big (at least until tomorrow night) PB jackpot takes aways some sales, so that there's a better chance for a rollover. Even with fairly big sales there will still be about a 30% chance of that, and another roll has an extremely good chance of passing the $500 million mark. I could probably scrape by with the net from $193 million, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of cushion, just in case.

I agree with your assessment.  I'm curious as to the source of the "current figures" you cited.  Are they on the MM website?

Thanks!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by GiveFive on Mar 23, 2011

I agree with your assessment.  I'm curious as to the source of the "current figures" you cited.  Are they on the MM website?

Thanks!

Probably pulled them out of his... uh... hat, where he gets a lot of his "facts".

Quote: Originally posted by GiveFive on Mar 23, 2011

Thanks!

There or USA Mega. The cash value of the jackpot went up by about $38 million, and about 32 cents of each dollar goes to the jackpot. That means they're expecting sales of about 38/.32, or 120 million tickets. Because a lot of combinations will be duplicated, selling 120 million tickets would mean using about 95 million combinations if all were picked randomly, and 95 million is 54% of the total number of combinations.

Of course not all combinations are chosen randomly. It's really just a SWAG, but I'm guessing that all those non-random tickets will probably reduce the number of combinations played by at least a couple of million.  That would mean that with 120 million tickets sold there will be about a 52 or 53% chance of a winner(s) and a 47 or 48% chance of a rollover.

NoShame's avatarNoShame

Quote: Originally posted by KY Floyd on Mar 23, 2011

There or USA Mega. The cash value of the jackpot went up by about $38 million, and about 32 cents of each dollar goes to the jackpot. That means they're expecting sales of about 38/.32, or 120 million tickets. Because a lot of combinations will be duplicated, selling 120 million tickets would mean using about 95 million combinations if all were picked randomly, and 95 million is 54% of the total number of combinations.

Of course not all combinations are chosen randomly. It's really just a SWAG, but I'm guessing that all those non-random tickets will probably reduce the number of combinations played by at least a couple of million.  That would mean that with 120 million tickets sold there will be about a 52 or 53% chance of a winner(s) and a 47 or 48% chance of a rollover.

That got me thinking.  Maybe I will buy a few more tickeys using the QP generator on here and fill out the form.  It would still be random by not randomly chosen by the computer.

brucevang

I'm having my Grandma buying tickets for me on this one... since most jackpot are won by them. By the way I'm 25, not under 18.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story