$200 MILLION: Powerball lottery jackpot heats up

May 29, 2011, 7:11 am (149 comments)

Powerball

Only second time in past year to reach $200M

By Todd Northrop

There was no jackpot winner in the Saturday night drawing of the multi-state Powerball game, causing the grand prize to increase to an estimated $200 million for Wednesday's drawing.

Saturday was the 10th consecutive drawing without a jackpot winner.

The estimated cash value for the new jackpot is $105.2 Million.  After-tax cash and annuity prize amounts are reported state-by-state at USA Mega, a web site devoted to the Powerball and Mega Millions multi-state lottery games.

Even though there were no jackpot winners, five lucky tickets matched the first five numbers for a $200,000 second-place prize: 1 from Florida, 2 from Maryland, 1 from North Carolina, and 1 from Texas.  None of the second-place tickets were purchased with the Power Play option — if they were, those tickets would be worth $1 million.

48 tickets matched four white numbers plus the Powerball and won $10,000.  Of those tickets, 2 also were purchased with the Power Play option, multiplying the prize by 4 for a total cash prize of $40,000.

The Powerball winning numbers for Saturday, May 28, were 12, 20, 43, 51, and 55, with Powerball number 11.  The Power Play number was 4.

Wednesday's drawing will be only the second time in the past year that players are vying for a $200 million jackpot.  On April 6, 2011, one ticket sold in Indiana snagged a $218 million Powerball jackpot.  But one would have to look all the way back to June 2, 2010 to find the last jackpot greater than $200 million.  In that drawing, one ticket sold in Ohio won a $261.6 million Powerball jackpot — the the winner claimed the prize anonymously.

When a Powerball ticket is purchased with the Power Play option for an extra $1 per ticket, any non-jackpot prize is multiplied from 2-5 times, depending on a computerized random number generated that evening.  Second-place Power Play-enabled tickets matching five numbers but not the Powerball are always multiplied by 5 times, for a $1 million prize.

Powerball is now played in 42 states, plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.  Drawings are Wednesdays and Saturdays at 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

Powerball lottery results are published within minutes of the drawing at USA Mega.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

Win$500Quick's avatarWin$500Quick

I bought a few quick picks on last night drawing because I thought it may rollover. The jackpot is now at $200 million it is time to step my game up for Wednesday. Once you cross the $200 million mark lots of people start playing which can make the jackpot increase more if it is another rollover. Good luck to everyone.

Grace $Favour

This is where i begin to ask the Almighty God of the Universe for His Abundant Grace and Favour, because the Bible said it's not the will of Jehovah for any of us to live in lack, in any area of our life, health, finances, phisical or emotional. I pray may the God of Abraham , Issac , and Jacob BLESS ALL OF US IN EVERY AREA THAT WE LACK.

Mario38

Finally the jackpot is large enough for a group play. Good luck everyone.

sully16's avatarsully16

I'm ready. good luck everyone.

CashWinner$

WOW - Now that's some serious CASH ++++++++

Hell, I'm happy when I win a C-note tho, so............

But, Hmmm...I think $200M is my new 'lucky' number!! Heheheee

In any event, best of luck to us ALL $$$$$$$$$

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

$200 million sounds good to me......Hurray!

MADDOG10's avatarMADDOG10

Tweak it up...!

petergrfn

Quote: Originally posted by Win$500Quick on May 29, 2011

I bought a few quick picks on last night drawing because I thought it may rollover. The jackpot is now at $200 million it is time to step my game up for Wednesday. Once you cross the $200 million mark lots of people start playing which can make the jackpot increase more if it is another rollover. Good luck to everyone.

WOW! I'm pleasantly suprised that it rolled over..... A  $200 Million Jackpot will provide a lot of dreaming for people over the Memorial Day weekend!  Good Luck to everyone on LP! and have a good holiday!Patriot

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

"None of the second-place tickets were purchased with the Power Play option — if they were, those tickets would be worth $1 million."

Yeah but at least they saved themselves a dollar!

Man, I'd be kickin' myself all up and down the mountain.

That's why I always get the multiplier. If I can't afford an extra buck a ticket, I probably shouldn't be playin' in the first place.

delS

Its time for Maryland to have the Jackpot spotlight shining on it.  Im ready to be the holder of the jackpot ticket.  This is great news for everyone though.  Mania is on

Grovel's avatarGrovel

Won 12 dollars on the last drawing planning on using it to buy a few more numbers this week.

increase's avatarincrease

$200,000,000; I'll take it! Wink

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

I'm already heated up!

Come on $200 Million!

Pennsylvania is due for a big winner ......... who is short like me! Cool

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on May 29, 2011

"None of the second-place tickets were purchased with the Power Play option — if they were, those tickets would be worth $1 million."

That's why I always get the multiplier. If I can't afford an extra buck a ticket, I probably shouldn't be playin' in the first place.

Depends, if the winning ticket was one of the extra tickets you bought because you didn't spend the extra dollars for PowerPlay on fewer tickets then you might not.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on May 29, 2011

Depends, if the winning ticket was one of the extra tickets you bought because you didn't spend the extra dollars for PowerPlay on fewer tickets then you might not.

I can see your point if someone is getting a lot of tickets or simply wants to double what he can get while staying within his budget by skipping the multiplier.

But in my case I only get two per drawing and sometimes a couple more.

And since they changed the 2nd place prize to a million with the multiplier, I haven't gotten a ticket without it.

coolbick

I think I could settle for $200M!! Let's do it! Banana

NearNewBrit

Drawings are Wednesdays and Saturdays at 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

Aren't the drawings at 10:59 p.m. Eastern Time?  Don't miss the drawings if you don't have to!

Todd's avatarTodd

Quote: Originally posted by NearNewBrit on May 29, 2011

Drawings are Wednesdays and Saturdays at 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

Aren't the drawings at 10:59 p.m. Eastern Time?  Don't miss the drawings if you don't have to!

OMG

Guru101's avatarGuru101

I bought the winning ticket today. Yeehaw!Big Grin

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Quote: Originally posted by Guru101 on May 29, 2011

Thank You for your kind donation

to MY WINNINGS !! 

LepLepLepLep

LepLepLep       

Thinking of...

Type

RJOh's avatarRJOh

With a PowerBall jackpot of $200M waiting to be won on Wednesday and Ohio Classic Lotto having a Memorial Day drawing for $32.9M, picking combinations for those games next drawings is a great way to spend part of the holiday week-end.

rcbbuckeye's avatarrcbbuckeye

I'd be kickin' myself up and down the mountain too.

Uhhhhh...well, there is no mountain where I live. Uhhhhh.....up and down the street???

Yeah, I always megaply and powerplay.

rcbbuckeye's avatarrcbbuckeye

Good point. Our pool at work won $103 on PB last night. I never play powerplay when I buy tics for the pool....but there's 10 of us and we each kick in a dollar for each draw. But when I buy my own tics, I usually only play one line, or once in a while 2 lines, and I always play powerplay/megaply.

Guru101's avatarGuru101

With a PowerBall jackpot of $200M waiting to be won on Wednesday and Ohio Classic Lotto having a Memorial Day drawing for $32.9M, picking combinations for those games next drawings is a great way to spend part of the holiday week-end.

My sister lives in Ohio, so when I go there, I always pick up $20 in Classic Lotto tickets. I don't have any plans to go up any time soon, so it'll probably get hit before then. However, I also bought the winning Hoosier Lotto ticket, which is at $21 million. lol

larry3100's avatarlarry3100

Remember the Albany 7 where 5 co-workers opted out on a $319 Mega Million lottery jackpot.I don't want to hear about that again.Buy your Power Ball tickets!.Now,if I can only buy a Power Ball ticket here in California!.Jester Laugh

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

Yeah, rdgrnr, I think the same way on the topic of the 'multiplier,' for both the Powerball and Megamillions games. It's a type of insurance to my rational.  Even though my intention is to win the jackpot; which would be unaffected by this insurance.

US Flag Wishing all U.S.A. members a reflective Memorial Day!

HoLeeKau's avatarHoLeeKau

Megamillions just hit, so I'm hoping peeps kick in a few extra dollars on the Powerball instead and get the JP up a little faster.

I've been buying the multiplier on PB ever since they started paying out an automatic million for the 5+0.  I'm pretty sure when the Mega first came to Idaho, the 5+0 was dependent on the multiplier, but I noticed a few days ago it's now also an automatic million.   So I guess I'm gonna have to pony up the extra dollar for those tickets now too.  $250,000 would be a nice bonus and would buy some nice stuff but it's not really a life changing amount after taxes, whereas a million AT would definitely change my life.

YoungNRich

I'm young with not too many respondsibilities at the moment and ppl waste way more money on other things like beats by dr dre head phones iphone 4's ect so since being i don't make a boat load of purchases like that, I like I'll CHANCE $2000.00 bucks (yes 2000.00) on a CHANCE of A LIFE TIME CHANGING ANNUITY bc at 23 in 15 payments in the state of Louisiana and at age 38 I would've have cleared 70 million dollars after taxes!!! talk about LIFE CHANGING?! Beats by Dr Dre Headphones 299.99 Iphone 4 499.99 Mac Book Pro 1499.99. Winning the Powerball @200Million @23 PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

Mario38

Quote: Originally posted by YoungNRich on May 29, 2011

I'm young with not too many respondsibilities at the moment and ppl waste way more money on other things like beats by dr dre head phones iphone 4's ect so since being i don't make a boat load of purchases like that, I like I'll CHANCE $2000.00 bucks (yes 2000.00) on a CHANCE of A LIFE TIME CHANGING ANNUITY bc at 23 in 15 payments in the state of Louisiana and at age 38 I would've have cleared 70 million dollars after taxes!!! talk about LIFE CHANGING?! Beats by Dr Dre Headphones 299.99 Iphone 4 499.99 Mac Book Pro 1499.99. Winning the Powerball @200Million @23 PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

YoungNRich, let me be the first to say, spending 2 grand on Powerball is not a good idea. If you are going to spend that much on a lottery, at least pick one where the reward and risk ratio makes more sense. That is, pick a lottery with a good expected value. When one spends one or two dollars on a game, it is not a big deal on which game to choose (even though you should still pick the one with the best expected value). But spending 2 grand demands more careful choice.

My lottery groups often spend 2 grand on one draw but I always do the research and make sure we pick the right game and draw.

Please reconsider. Not knowing which games you have to choose from, I would say off hand, pick your local state game. Even scratch offs are a better buy for you when spending 2 grand.

Good luck in your choice.

thePharaoh's avatarthePharaoh

Great! yesterday I couldnt play and glad that no one won the jackpot. there will be only a one winner for the $200,000,000 on next Wednesday

and that muthafuka is ME  Red Devil

jump6702's avatarjump6702

best of luck. i'm hoping it will come to tn. then maybe i can win the PB in tn. i fell i will win. best of luck to you. it's on it'on

jump6702's avatarjump6702

Quote: Originally posted by thePharaoh on May 29, 2011

Great! yesterday I couldnt play and glad that no one won the jackpot. there will be only a one winner for the $200,000,000 on next Wednesday

and that muthafuka is ME  Red Devil

sorry pharaoh it's me. the best of luck. tn is due a winnerEvil Smile

TheGameGrl's avatarTheGameGrl

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on May 29, 2011

I'm already heated up!

Come on $200 Million!

Pennsylvania is due for a big winner ......... who is short like me! Cool

Agreed, PA has been lacking in any real wins on PB or Mega, Bout time we gain some love since we are a high contributing state .

I RARELY power up as 99% of the time when I buy five lines I get nuffin, why double the loss? Seriously If I win 200k I am okay with that, I dont live on what could have been but what is, and I is gonna win!!! Which is 66 million cash in pocket after all taxes paid!

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

Have you noticed that Harold Camping's predictions has been wrong about 200 times less than yours?

Mario38

Quote: Originally posted by KY Floyd on May 30, 2011

Have you noticed that Harold Camping's predictions has been wrong about 200 times less than yours?

Harold Camping does not buy lottery tickets for two reasons.

1. He will not be around to spend the money.

2. His friends sent him $18 million last year. And millions more in the previous years.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Mario38 on May 29, 2011

Finally the jackpot is large enough for a group play. Good luck everyone.

Everybody already knows about your lottery pool scams in the past little guy.

Nobody's gonna risk sending money out of the country to YOU.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by Mario38 on May 29, 2011

YoungNRich, let me be the first to say, spending 2 grand on Powerball is not a good idea. If you are going to spend that much on a lottery, at least pick one where the reward and risk ratio makes more sense. That is, pick a lottery with a good expected value. When one spends one or two dollars on a game, it is not a big deal on which game to choose (even though you should still pick the one with the best expected value). But spending 2 grand demands more careful choice.

My lottery groups often spend 2 grand on one draw but I always do the research and make sure we pick the right game and draw.

Please reconsider. Not knowing which games you have to choose from, I would say off hand, pick your local state game. Even scratch offs are a better buy for you when spending 2 grand.

Good luck in your choice.

$2000 on a power ball drawing might not be as bad as you project.  If the powerballs are evenly distributed among 2000 picks then the winning one will hit 51 times guaranteeing $153 back.  The over odds are he will win at least 56 lower tier prizes for $219.

5.57  3/5+0 X $7 = $39
2.54  2/5+B X $7 = $18
16.2  1/5+B X $4 = $65
32.4  0/5+B X $3 = $97

YoungNRich could even have a strategy that would guarantee him even more of his $2000 back using powerplay.  At worst his odds aren't any worst than a pool playing that amount. I'm assuming he has run some simulations of his betting strategy.

Mario38

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on May 30, 2011

Everybody already knows about your lottery pool scams in the past little guy.

Nobody's gonna risk sending money out of the country to YOU.

I will remind you again of the Lottery Post rules:

No personal attacks.Criticize ideas, not people.  Flaming will not be tolerated.  This includes any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.

coolbick

Maybe I'll play another set of numbers tomorrow. The special the NY Lottery is running (free $2 Quick Pick with a Powerball purchase of $10) ends tomorrow anyway—might as well!

Mario38

Quote: Originally posted by coolbick on May 30, 2011

Maybe I'll play another set of numbers tomorrow. The special the NY Lottery is running (free $2 Quick Pick with a Powerball purchase of $10) ends tomorrow anyway—might as well!

Thanks for the heads up coolbick. I am going to try to get some New York tickets for the June 1 draw. They had the same special back in January when the jackpot was $380 million and I got $20 worth of free Powerball tickets. It is a great deal.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Look out Powerball ................... I spent my $1 .................. gonna win big!

US Flag

KSplayer's avatarKSplayer

At 25 witrh A LOT of resonsibility if i had 2000 to blow i would need to buy lottery tickets.

Coin Toss's avatarCoin Toss

Quote: Originally posted by Mario38 on May 30, 2011

No personal attacks.Criticize ideas, not people.  Flaming will not be tolerated.  This includes any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.

Mario38,

Interesting. You make that comment to rdgrnr and not thePharoah. More interesting about not violating any laws if you indeed have asked peole to send money across national bordewrs to Canada for lotto.

RJOh,

"$2000 on a power ball drawing might not be as bad as you project.  If the powerballs are evenly distributed among 2000 picks then the winning one will hit 51 times guaranteeing $153 back.  The over odds are he will win at least 56 lower tier prizes for $219."

Gee, I never figured you for an Enron accountant. Let's see, $219 and a whole bunch of I hope so's after a $2000 buy-in? Naw.

Scared

Mario38

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on May 30, 2011

Mario38,

Interesting. You make that comment to rdgrnr and not thePharoah. More interesting about not violating any laws if you indeed have asked peole to send money across national bordewrs to Canada for lotto.

RJOh,

"$2000 on a power ball drawing might not be as bad as you project.  If the powerballs are evenly distributed among 2000 picks then the winning one will hit 51 times guaranteeing $153 back.  The over odds are he will win at least 56 lower tier prizes for $219."

Gee, I never figured you for an Enron accountant. Let's see, $219 and a whole bunch of I hope so's after a $2000 buy-in? Naw.

Scared

Coin Toss, I am not asking anyone to send me money. But, for the sake of argument, which specific law are you referring to?

Mario38

Mario38,

RJOh,

Scared

Yes, thePharoah did use an inappropriate term and I do not defend it but at least it was not directed towards another member as a personal attack. The rule I quoted is in reference to personal attacks.

OwlCreekBridge's avatarOwlCreekBridge

2 grand on powerball tickets? Let us know how this turns out if you decide to do it.

The most I ever spent on the lotto was $140 on the Oregon MegaBucks. The odds of winning the top prize is about 1 out of 12 million, if you only buy one ticket. You get 2 plays for a dollar, so I had 280 tickets. I ended up not breaking even. I think this goes to show you, the most important thing you need to win is LUCK.

thats suppose to say wouldn"t need to buy tickets

joshuacloak's avatarjoshuacloak

if you got 2k to spend blow this year

i highly remd you just buy 39 tickets at a time, 1 ticket with each diff powerball.  and do it over the year for all high jackpots

see it as buying 39 tickets, when it only cost you 36 bucks!  , as you Have to have at lest a 3 buck winner if you play ever single <snip> powerball number!

am just saying, if your going to spend a lot, it makes sense do it around mega balls or powerballs for pb, as its best bang for your buck. odd wise

i highly hold back on spending 2k, and spread it around to all high jackpots coming this year.  but up to you, gl whatever you spend

as for my self, i play on getting about 3 tickets lol, if it rolls into 300m range i up it to 5 to 10 bucks maybe. if it ever turns into  a powerball record, easy 36 tickets with every powerball and 1 qp for cheery on top hell of it,

thro poor powerball cant break any real records

if it keeps rolling that is, no chance in hell  can't ever beat 240m cash jackpot Mega millions holds form this year

, PB jackpot cap would kick in and doom it right as it gets near  breaking world records, thro i hope one of you wins or i do, and if not, It better freaking roll LOL

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I reviewed the rules little guy.

You're safe.

There's not a word about posting while stupid.

joker17

Don't waste your time. Clueless individuals are impossible to talk to.

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

I'll remain in bliss the remainder of my physical days here while sharing, spending, and investing this big jackpot win!

US Flag

CashWinner$

Well, we went and got our tickets for the big PBall drawing..Can't wait! Played the usual 3 sets of numbers and some quick picks w/ & w/out powerplay...

By golly, I believe we have the waterfront covered...A little bit of this & a little bit of that...

It's so funny too, sometimes when I get these "feelings" that steer my lotto-decisions...lol.....Just wondering tho, when are they gonna pan out :-) Hahaa

Happy Memorial Day & Much Thanks To Our Brave Veterans!! US Flag

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by joker17 on May 30, 2011

Don't waste your time. Clueless individuals are impossible to talk to.

And obnoxious people from stone-age cultures are never quite clear on the concept.

The concept of letting people believe what they want to believe.

They think they have a right to tell everybody what to believe.

And if they can't beat you with sticks in the streets, they'll persecute you and ridicule you online until you believe what they tell you to believe or just shut up about your beliefs.

Joker is our little religious police enforcer with a Napoleonic complex.

He won't tolerate any mention of God or especially Jesus on this site and if you disagree with anything he says, you're a racist.

How dare anybody on this site not believe what he believes?

You will submit to our little ayatollah.

He knows what's best for everybody to believe.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Mario38,

RJOh,

Scared

I never claimed to be an accountant, just a lottery player with a realistic expectation of what can be won with $2000 worth of PB tickets.

joker17

And obnoxious people from stone-age cultures are never quite clear on the concept.

And if they can't beat you with sticks in the streets, they'll persecute you and ridicule you online until you believe what they tell you to believe or just shut up about your beliefs.

He won't tolerate any mention of God or especially Jesus on this site and if you disagree with anything he says, you're a racist.

First of all, I was replying to mario, not you...

I believe you are the one who gets bent out of shape when someone replies to a post concerning religion or God.

It's YOU who wants to censor what I can say or not say.

Guess what, as long as you can respond to a post, so can I, so either get used to it, or get over it....Too bad !

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I believe you are the one who gets bent out of shape when someone replies to a post concerning religion or God.

Guess what, as long as you can respond to a post, so can I, so either get used to it, or get over it....Too bad !

When I start taking orders or advice from midget cab drivers you won't be one of them, pal.

Get over yourself, Napoleon.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I was responding to the mindless little twit too.

So what?

joker17

When I start taking orders or advice from midget cab drivers you won't be one of them, pal.

Get over yourself, Napoleon.

And the last freakin person I take orders from won't be from a delusional brainwashed robot who can't think for itself....

Mario38

I was responding to the mindless little twit too.

So what?

I remind you once again of the Lottery Post rules:

No Personal Attacks
Criticize ideas, not people.  Flaming will not be tolerated.  This includes any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.

Grovel's avatarGrovel

*Grabs Popcorn*

CashWinner$

Quote: Originally posted by Grovel on May 30, 2011

*Grabs Popcorn*

LOL -

I'm gonna plug my laptop in..don't wanna miss anything!

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by CashWinner$ on May 30, 2011

LOL -

I'm gonna plug my laptop in..don't wanna miss anything!

I'm with ya'll. Sittin' on the sidelines..    Lurking

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

And the last freakin person I take orders from won't be from a delusional brainwashed robot who can't think for itself....

You need to calm down little guy.

You're so emotional!

I'm gonna send you a case of those little Christmas tree air fresheners for your cab as a good will gesture to calm you down.

joker17

You need to calm down little guy.

You're so emotional!

I'm gonna send you a case of those little Christmas tree air fresheners for your cab as a good will gesture to calm you down.

This cab driver has more common sense in one of his nostril hairs than you'll ever have in your entire so called brain.

Maybe If you pray hard enough, the tooth fairy will replace some of them missing teeth of yours.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

This cab driver has more common sense in one of his nostril hairs than you'll ever have in your entire so called brain.

Maybe If you pray hard enough, the tooth fairy will replace some of them missing teeth of yours.

You're right, I should make it at least two cases.

I'm picturing you and a stinky old cab in South Florida at 98 degrees? Phew! Stinky Poo! Oooooooo weeeeeeeee!

I'll tell you what, I'm gonna send three cases of Christmas Tree Air Fresheners, a gallon of Pimp Oil, and some soap, bubble bath and deodorant for you.

Will that calm you down?

CashWinner$

Hey Gang, just wondering...In order to do a PM, do I need to be a Premium Member?

Just needing a heads-up kuz I responded to a PM, but it disappeared :-) Thanks -

joker17

You're right, I should make it at least two cases.

I'm picturing you and a stinky old cab in South Florida at 98 degrees? Phew! Stinky Poo! Oooooooo weeeeeeeee!

I'll tell you what, I'm gonna send three cases of Christmas Tree Air Fresheners, a gallon of Pimp Oil, and some soap, bubble bath and deodorant for you.

Will that calm you down?

Coming from a backward redneck racist hypocrite who drinks himself to death and then turns around preaching about God. Maybe you should look in the mirror before you call me racist names while sitting on your high horse.

I thought your God doesn't allow a human like yourself (loosely speaking in this case) to pollute your holy temple with booze....hypocrite...!

Grovel's avatarGrovel

Hey Gang, just wondering...In order to do a PM, do I need to be a Premium Member?

Just needing a heads-up kuz I responded to a PM, but it disappeared :-) Thanks -

No you don't have to be a Premium Member.

joker17

No, you don't need to be a platinum member. However, it is strange that it disappeared...

CashWinner$

Quote: Originally posted by Grovel on May 30, 2011

No you don't have to be a Premium Member.

Thanks -

CashWinner$

No, you don't need to be a platinum member. However, it is strange that it disappeared...

And thank you, too..

A nice LP'er "Test-PM'd" me a few times, so I think I got a handle on it now...lol..

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Coming from a backward redneck racist hypocrite who drinks himself to death and then turns around preaching about God. Maybe you should look in the mirror before you call me racist names while sitting on your high horse.

I thought your God doesn't allow a human like yourself (loosely speaking in this case) to pollute your holy temple with booze....hypocrite...!

You've never heard me preach about God.

All I ask is that Americans who profess a faith or belief in this or any other forum be allowed to do it without somebody from Iran of all places telling them how stupid they are for doing it.

Is that too much to ask, little ayatollah?

And BTW, it's YOUR people who are forbidden to drink, dumdum, not Christians.

Jesus used to turn water into wine, remember?

I love you know-it-alls who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground but want everybody to believe your nonsense.

Christians are all sinners and I am chief among them. Few have sinned as much as me.

Nobody can be perfect like you.

But then I guess that's why you're getting 72 virgins for a huge orgy when you get to wherever you people go.

Will you get to beat the virgins there too?

Mario38

And thank you, too..

A nice LP'er "Test-PM'd" me a few times, so I think I got a handle on it now...lol..

CashWinner$, you need to be a premium member to see the Sent Items folder. That it, the folder that contains all the emails you sent to other members.

CashWinner$

CashWinner$, you need to be a premium member to see the Sent Items folder. That it, the folder that contains all the emails you sent to other members.

Thanks Mario! :-)

joker17

You've never heard me preach about God.

All I ask is that Americans who profess a faith or belief in this or any other forum be allowed to do it without somebody from Iran of all places telling them how stupid they are for doing it.

Is that too much to ask, little ayatollah?

And BTW, it's YOUR people who are forbidden to drink, dumdum, not Christians.

Jesus used to turn water into wine, remember?

I love you know-it-alls who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground but want everybody to believe your nonsense.

Christians are all sinners and I am chief among them. Few have sinned as much as me.

Nobody can be perfect like you.

But then I guess that's why you're getting 72 virgins for a huge orgy when you get to wherever you people go.

Will you get to beat the virgins there too?

You preach your crap here as If you know the end all.

And I  also ask that as an American citizen like myself, that I can respond to a post about anything, not just religion and not be scrutinized by a jackass racist loser like you.

What a dumbass you are. I know the Bible better than you, the know it all...If you ever read your Bible, you'd know that it is forbidden to drink in excess. It says it as clear as day. Drunkards are frowned upon. I knew you'd twist it around to benefit your alchoholism.

Also, in your Bible it says that Jesus turned water into wine, but never said you can drink it till your head spins. And if you bother to read the Bible it says that your body is a holy temple, and not to defile it with anything, including alchohol abuse.

You're not only a hypocrite, you're an ignorant hypocrite. Quit while your NOT ahead...

Guru101's avatarGuru101

I'm gonna win

$200,000,000!

Party

grwurston's avatargrwurston

Quote: Originally posted by Guru101 on May 30, 2011

I'm gonna win

$200,000,000!

Party

I'm not playing. Too much publicity.Green laugh

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

You preach your crap here as If you know the end all.

And I  also ask that as an American citizen like myself, that I can respond to a post about anything, not just religion and not be scrutinized by a jackass racist loser like you.

What a dumbass you are. I know the Bible better than you, the know it all...If you ever read your Bible, you'd know that it is forbidden to drink in excess. It says it as clear as day. Drunkards are frowned upon. I knew you'd twist it around to benefit your alchoholism.

Also, in your Bible it says that Jesus turned water into wine, but never said you can drink it till your head spins. And if you bother to read the Bible it says that your body is a holy temple, and not to defile it with anything, including alchohol abuse.

You're not only a hypocrite, you're an ignorant hypocrite. Quit while your NOT ahead...

If you've got a Bible, you probably use it to see over the steering wheel in your stink mobile.

Sorry to steal your thunder again but I guess you ignored my admission to being a sinner because it didn't fit in with your lecture series. I said I am chief among sinners. You'll find few more reprobate than me. Clean out your ears, junior, I'm sending soap. Don't forget under your arms either, ooooooooo weeeeeeeeee!

joker17

If you've got a Bible, you probably use it to see over the steering wheel in your stink mobile.

Sorry to steal your thunder again but I guess you ignored my admission to being a sinner because it didn't fit in with your lecture series. I said I am chief among sinners. You'll find few more reprobate than me. Clean out your ears, junior, I'm sending soap. Don't forget under your arms either, ooooooooo weeeeeeeeee!

I see, you're like the Catholics who go to confession, only to start their sinning all over again the following week, knowing that next Sunday they can go into the booth and spill their guts, knowing they can go about their usual way the following week. A never ending cycle. So i was right, you're a hypocrite.

A true Christian will confess their sins and won't go back to their sinful lives. If they stumble along the way every so often, they get back on their feet and try to do better.

But you don't fit in that category. You boast about how you guzzle that poison on a daily basis, all day long....so don't feed me that crap about being a sinner. Try it on someone else !!!!!!!!!!!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I see, you're like the Catholics who go to confession, only to start their sinning all over again the following week, knowing that next Sunday they can go into the booth and spill their guts, knowing they can go about their usual way the following week. A never ending cycle. So i was right, you're a hypocrite.

A true Christian will confess their sins and won't go back to their sinful lives. If they stumble along the way every so often, they get back on their feet and try to do better.

But you don't fit in that category. You boast about how you guzzle that poison on a daily basis, all day long....so don't feed me that crap about being a sinner. Try it on someone else !!!!!!!!!!!

Now you're an expert on Catholics too. Amazing.

I know you didn't learn all this wealth of knowledge by joining them because they wouldn't let you run your daughters over with your car or shoot them for "acting too western."

I guess you just became an expert on all things by osmosis or something.

But you're still the same lying, gutless, spineless coward.

TheGameGrl's avatarTheGameGrl

WE interrupt this online spat for an important message-

THe powerball will have winners, and some may be sinners, its a part of being human, we make mistakes, and hopefully learn from them.

We now go back to our regularly scheduled spat...Thank you!

joker17

Now you're an expert on Catholics too. Amazing.

I know you didn't learn all this wealth of knowledge by joining them because they wouldn't let you run your daughters over with your car or shoot them for "acting too western."

I guess you just became an expert on all things by osmosis or something.

But you're still the same lying, gutless, spineless coward.

I'm no expert, but at least I've done some of my homework, unlike you who doesn't even know his own Bible. It's kinda sad that someone like me knows the Bible better than the crap you spout. I know what Catholics do, I had friends who were Catholic and told me the nonsense that goes on after the Sunday services.

You are definitely so out of touch, it's disgusting....RACIST !

Better go do your homework, you fat racist.

CashWinner$

Quote: Originally posted by TheGameGrl on May 30, 2011

WE interrupt this online spat for an important message-

THe powerball will have winners, and some may be sinners, its a part of being human, we make mistakes, and hopefully learn from them.

We now go back to our regularly scheduled spat...Thank you!

LMAO $

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I'm no expert, but at least I've done some of my homework, unlike you who doesn't even know his own Bible. It's kinda sad that someone like me knows the Bible better than the crap you spout. I know what Catholics do, I had friends who were Catholic and told me the nonsense that goes on after the Sunday services.

Yeah, whatever, but uh... did you take a bath yet?

Piaceri

Excuse me, but I'm Catholic and I'm becoming severly offended by this.

Piaceri

What nonsense? Sunday dinner? 

Please, joker17, leave Catholics out of your hate rant.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on May 30, 2011

Good luck on the $200 Million, Piaceri.

Did you ever get over to Cut & Shoot for tickets?

Piaceri

Good luck on the $200 Million, Piaceri.

Did you ever get over to Cut & Shoot for tickets?

Thanks rdgrnr, same to you. 

I did get over to Cut & Shoot, but no luck there. Too busy to make the drive before this drawing, but if it rolls, I'll make a drive out on Saturday so we can have a PB winner from Cut & Shoot Texas! Wink

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Thanks rdgrnr, same to you. 

I did get over to Cut & Shoot, but no luck there. Too busy to make the drive before this drawing, but if it rolls, I'll make a drive out on Saturday so we can have a PB winner from Cut & Shoot Texas! Wink

Alright!

You'll hear my Yeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaa! all the way from Tennessee!

joker17

Another cluless person....Disapprove

joker17

Yeah, whatever, but uh... did you take a bath yet?

Kiss my ass Racist!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by joker17 on May 31, 2011

Look on the bright side.

You got to insult another woman.

I know you'd like to beat her but we don't allow that in this country.

So get over it.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Kiss my ass Racist!

I wouldn't know where to start - you're all ass.

uff is it wednesday yet?

joker17

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on May 31, 2011

I wouldn't know where to start - you're all ass.

I know Ridge, you're right. I'm an A-hole for speaking my mind in an open forum. My bad.....

Maybe I should also NOT respond in any other forums..I don't want to piss anyone else off because I may disagree with their position.

I want to formally appologize to all the folks to whom I've disagreed with in the forums for the past 5 years or more. I really didn't mean to disagree, but It's in my nature to not agree with everything i see and hear. I know that's a bad excuse, but I can't help it....

Crazy

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I know Ridge, you're right. I'm an A-hole for speaking my mind in an open forum. My bad.....

Maybe I should also NOT respond in any other forums..I don't want to piss anyone else off because I may disagree with their position.

I want to formally appologize to all the folks to whom I've disagreed with in the forums for the past 5 years or more. I really didn't mean to disagree, but It's in my nature to not agree with everything i see and hear. I know that's a bad excuse, but I can't help it....

Crazy

No, you're not an A-hole for speaking your mind.

You're an A-hole for a long history of mocking and ridiculing decent Americans who happen to mention a belief in God.

Good people who would never do you or anyone any harm.

Those are the ones you make your victims.

And they don't deserve it.

joker17

No, you're not an A-hole for speaking your mind.

You're an A-hole for a long history of mocking and ridiculing decent Americans who happen to mention a belief in God.

Good people who would never do you or anyone any harm.

Those are the ones you make your victims.

And they don't deserve it.

Ok, so let me get this straight. if i ridicule folks (Like you've done in the past in other forums), it's ok, as long as it has nothing to do with religion?

I've never seen you so heated over any other subject I've engaged, except for religion. Why does religion get a free ride?

Life to me is scrutinized from every possible angle i can think of. My mind is a never ending machine of thoughts racing thru my brain at unbelievable speeds at certain times. Nothing is under the radar, swept aside. Everything that i feel, smell, and see is under a microscope. I'm keenly in synch with the unverse. Observation, attention to detail, and filtering is my signature...

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Ok, so let me get this straight. if i ridicule folks (Like you've done in the past in other forums), it's ok, as long as it has nothing to do with religion?

I've never seen you so heated over any other subject I've engaged, except for religion. Why does religion get a free ride?

Life to me is scrutinized from every possible angle i can think of. My mind is a never ending machine of thoughts racing thru my brain at unbelievable speeds at certain times. Nothing is under the radar, swept aside. Everything that i feel, smell, and see is under a microscope. I'm keenly in synch with the unverse. Observation, attention to detail, and filtering is my signature...

That's all well and good.

Now if you could just let us simple people without the machine of thoughts racing through our brains at unbelievable speeds just be allowed to mention our faith or beliefs on occasion without being laughed at, we would certainly appreciate it.

joker17

That's all well and good.

Now if you could just let us simple people without the machine of thoughts racing through our brains at unbelievable speeds just be allowed to mention our faith or beliefs on occasion without being laughed at, we would certainly appreciate it.

You gotta deal. As long as you ALSO.......let me respond to a thread without persecution.

It works both ways you know....

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

You gotta deal. As long as you ALSO.......let me respond to a thread without persecution.

It works both ways you know....

Deal.

Just out of curiosity though, what did I ever persecute you about?

joker17

Deal.

Just out of curiosity though, what did I ever persecute you about?

My right to respond to a thread.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

My right to respond to a thread.

I gotta feelin you're hittin' the sauce tonight but I'm gonna stifle myself.

OK.

joker17

I gotta feelin you're hittin' the sauce tonight but I'm gonna stifle myself.

OK.

You've got me pegged...hee hee...yes, i have had a big 24 oz. heineken, and a bacardi Silver Strawberry cooler....

I love you Ridge......Green laugh

So what.....I can have a couple of beers after a hard days work. You know, my life isn't all that rosy. It's been a tough week. friday I made no money because i had to call a locksmith to open the rental car I was using. Then memorial day weekend proved that no money was to be made. I've basically worked for peanuts this weekend. It's horrid.

So yes, I do need a release.....

She loves you yeah yeah yeah....

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

You've got me pegged...hee hee...yes, i have had a big 24 oz. heineken, and a bacardi Silver Strawberry cooler....

I love you Ridge......Green laugh

So what.....I can have a couple of beers after a hard days work. You know, my life isn't all that rosy. It's been a tough week. friday I made no money because i had to call a locksmith to open the rental car I was using. Then memorial day weekend proved that no money was to be made. I've basically worked for peanuts this weekend. It's horrid.

So yes, I do need a release.....

She loves you yeah yeah yeah....

I knew it! LOL

OK man, have a good one.

Hope things get better work-wise.

Take care.

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

Quote: Originally posted by MADDOG10 on May 29, 2011

Tweak it up...!

THANK'S MD10

UR the MOST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DOG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ON THE??????????PLANET>USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how isit (ISIT}>>>>>(DOWN SOUTH)>(UP NORTH)>(east coast)>>>>>>>(west)>USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U>YES>YOU }.....>>>>(HAVE TIME 2 POST GREAT>>>>>>>>>>)>>>>>>>STUFF>EWNSWE>>>>!

play>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ur LOTTERY>>>2222win>JACKPOT today $$$$$

PSYKOMO

whitmansm2's avatarwhitmansm2

I love you.

Since you seem to know the rules, I have to ask a question....what's 'flamming'? It says no flamming allowed. Does that mean I can't use spirit fingers when I type?

coolbick

Love and peace everyone HippyLoviesJack-in-the-Box

trap574's avatartrap574

Quote: Originally posted by coolbick on May 31, 2011

Love and peace everyone HippyLoviesJack-in-the-Box

Play the He$$ out of it,half way there for me to get in on it!! 200 Mill. Cash value and Im in that game!!

sandia's avatarsandia

Quote: Originally posted by trap574 on May 31, 2011

Play the He$$ out of it,half way there for me to get in on it!! 200 Mill. Cash value and Im in that game!!

Oiy! $70,000,000 after taxes?! Darn, where the heck are the steps to the lucky number draw dance that a nice old hack showed  me (looks for the diagram)............I NEED TO START PRACTICING!

White BounceWhite BounceWhite BounceWhite BounceWhite Bounce

WISHING EVERYBODY LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyHazyYay!'s avatarCrazyHazyYay!

How sweet it is to see an interfaith relationship blossom from underneath the concrete impediment called intolerance. Congratulations to rdgrnr and joker17 for making amends, becoming friends and finding common ground in sin: ALCOHOL! Car fresheners and dentures for everyone!

ttech10's avatarttech10

I wonder if this will increase at all by draw time. I imagine pools are going out today to get their numbers, since yesterday was a holiday. With it being at $200 million already and having MM down to starting amount I don't see very many pools in on that.

I'm waiting to see what comes of my MM tickets I got for tonight before I throw anything in.

zinniagirl's avatarzinniagirl

Okay, I finally gave in and bought two tickets instead of one.   Perhaps ... this time is mine.

Good luck to everyone who has bought a ticket!  Peace to all who dream of it.

Grovel's avatarGrovel

I used some of my winnings from last time to buy four numbers with the power play

Quote: Originally posted by zinniagirl on May 31, 2011

Okay, I finally gave in and bought two tickets instead of one.   Perhaps ... this time is mine.

Good luck to everyone who has bought a ticket!  Peace to all who dream of it.

im just wondering what makes you feel very confident about your $1 ticket? it's like you just purchased the winning ticket! i spent $30 and kinda felling of doubt

Quote: Originally posted by Grovel on May 31, 2011

I used some of my winnings from last time to buy four numbers with the power play

same here man i won $15 last time and hopefully something big this time

gudluck

Piaceri

Wow, really?  Thinking of...  Skeptical

Moving on....  Roll Eyes

Bought the first of my tickets today. Quick picks. Tomorrow I'll buy a couple of picked numbers. Good luck all!  Party

CrazyHazyYay!'s avatarCrazyHazyYay!

Quote: Originally posted by thePharaoh on May 31, 2011

im just wondering what makes you feel very confident about your $1 ticket? it's like you just purchased the winning ticket! i spent $30 and kinda felling of doubt

Well there are those that believe in some semblance of the "law of attraction," one way or another. The basic gist of it is whatever you are focused on, that's what will happen. Since you already have some doubt about winning, you have deflected the positive energy required to attract something like this lottery windfall. People that are really into this concept believe that if you are 100% focused on winning, with nothing but positive thoughts, positive emotions and a mindset of abundance (like you already have more than enough to live, and you are grateful for it, no matter how little or how much you might have in reality) then you will attract the scenario of winning the lottery. Simply put, you gotta believe wholeheartedly that you are going to win before you actually do. There is a lot more details to this philosophy (is that the correct category?) and I might have nixed some of the facts/rules, but all in all, JUST BE OPTIMISTIC NO MATTER HOW UNREALISTIC!

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

I am thinking of maybe spending another $1 for tonight's Powerball .................... don't want to be too ostentaious !

Woo Hoo ........ about $68,000,000 after 35% Federal Tax ......... maybe I should reserve a Bentley !

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Jun 1, 2011

I am thinking of maybe spending another $1 for tonight's Powerball .................... don't want to be too ostentaious !

Woo Hoo ........ about $68,000,000 after 35% Federal Tax ......... maybe I should reserve a Bentley !

NEW YORK FIRST POWERBALL JACKPOT WAS WON WITH 1 QUICK PICK TICKET

Grovel's avatarGrovel

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Jun 1, 2011

I am also thinking about getting a Bentley if I win, but I have to split the money with my sister since we buy our tickets together. 35,000,000 is still a lot though.

sandia's avatarsandia

Quote: Originally posted by THRIFTY on Jun 1, 2011

NEW YORK FIRST POWERBALL JACKPOT WAS WON WITH 1 QUICK PICK TICKET

THRIFTY my dear, please do not discourage anyone, we want the prize amount significantly increase come drawing hour, don't we?Big Smile

sandia's avatarsandia

Quote: Originally posted by Grovel on Jun 1, 2011

I am also thinking about getting a Bentley if I win, but I have to split the money with my sister since we buy our tickets together. 35,000,000 is still a lot though.

I can tell you one thing for sure a small portion of that money would eliminate, student loans (adios loans!), then maybe a Bentley might cross my mind or 2 or 3.....nah, just 2; myself and brother included, I am not sure about my parents, they are retired and financially settled in their own right.Approve

I bought a $1 qp like i usually do, don't expect to win anything i usually don't but if i did i know myself, my husband, our kids and our family will not have to worry so much about making ends meat anymore. If it is won i hope it goes to someone who will be smart and use the money wisely, and i won't complain if that person is me lol.

DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Blue Angel

TRUEBELIEVER's avatarTRUEBELIEVER

This is Nc week for a winner and im the one Sorry but thanks for the donation

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

So ready for a nice win for Pennsylvania .............. actually spent more than $1 ............. but not a large amount !

See Ya! see ya later  ........................

ttech10's avatarttech10

Quote: Originally posted by thePharaoh on May 31, 2011

It's all about positive thoughts. Actually the closest I've gotten to a major win I had a $1 QP and very positive thoughts (hit 3 numbers and were 1-4 digits off on the others). Though since then no matter how positive I've been my numbers have struggled to being hit.

OldSchoolPa's avatarOldSchoolPa

I have come to the conclusion that the jackpot amount of any lottery is so not newsworthy.  Here is why I think that way:

1)  The amount of the jackpot only matters once there is a winning ticket or winning tickets; until then, the actual value to all non-winning lottery players is ZERO.

2)  Those who really want to win have the best chance of winning if they have a ticket for every drawing, not just when the jackpot reaches a certain level; you've heard the saying, "You can't win if you don't play." Well it is true...unless you are a store clerk that rips off a winning ticket! Smash

3)  The only thing the jackpot level really affects is people's emotions surrounding possibly winning that amount of money; I have never seen the news clamoring to cover the in's and out's of companies looking to hire a CEO...I would say getting hired as a CEO is actually way better than winning the lottery!

4)  Everytime the local news channel covers a growing lottery jackpot, that is nothing more than free advertising for the lottery.  Just let the players who support the lottery regardless of the jackpot amount be in peace to actually reap some reward rather than some infrequent player happening to pop in line and buy the lucky ticket...and then smear the fact that was either the person's first time or first time in a long time buying a lottery ticket.  Such stories just make me want to hurl...on that person's shoes!!!

Yes I am happy for others...but not at the expense of genuine lottery players' happiness.  And I consider myself an OG lottery player!

ttech10's avatarttech10

Quote: Originally posted by sandia on Jun 1, 2011

I can tell you one thing for sure a small portion of that money would eliminate, student loans (adios loans!), then maybe a Bentley might cross my mind or 2 or 3.....nah, just 2; myself and brother included, I am not sure about my parents, they are retired and financially settled in their own right.Approve

Student loans would definitely be one of the top things I'd pay off once the money came in. One of the first things I'd get though, with the help of my lawyer, is a loan through WellsFargo so I can purchase a new Mustang. I could get the car by Friday and since I've been speaking with friends about getting one lately it wouldn't throw anyone off, especially since I would be getting it before the lottery ticket was redeemed, and I could pay the loan off as soon as I received the money from the commission.

If I were to get an extremely expensive car I would wait a while longer and until after I moved so that it wouldn't completely give me away. There's hardly any really nice cars here in my town so it'd be a dead giveaway, especially for the area I live in which is more medium class. Both neighbors have new Dodge Challengers though so I think my Mustang would fit in with the other American muscles just fine.

OldSchoolPa's avatarOldSchoolPa

Quote: Originally posted by ttech10 on Jun 1, 2011

It's all about positive thoughts. Actually the closest I've gotten to a major win I had a $1 QP and very positive thoughts (hit 3 numbers and were 1-4 digits off on the others). Though since then no matter how positive I've been my numbers have struggled to being hit.

Dude, I feel your pain.  I recently bought an Illinois lotto ticket and my $1 mixed pick (self pick on one panel and QP on the other) had 3 of the winning numbers and was one off on the other 3...but with the lottery, close does not count for anything.  Oh well, I just rolled right back to the store and bought $2...this time, I hope my numbers all match.  And yes I have tickets for the Powerball, but I don't fixate on it.  If it is hit and the report is that it was won in northern Illinois, then I will start to let my heart beat a little faster, but not too much.  If I read that the store where I buy all of my tickets now sold the winning ticket, then I will get a bit more optimistic.  And if when I check my number and I start with the Powerball number and it matches, then I will be even more optimistic.  And if the rest of the other 5 match, then I will just remain seated, mutter "no way" to myself, give the air a little fist pump like MJ or TW, turn my ticket over and sign it, place it in my safe, call my attorney to make an appointment, call banks, interview tax accountants, and until meeting with attorney, act like I haven't won anything.

ttech10's avatarttech10

Quote: Originally posted by OldSchoolPa on Jun 1, 2011

Dude, I feel your pain.  I recently bought an Illinois lotto ticket and my $1 mixed pick (self pick on one panel and QP on the other) had 3 of the winning numbers and was one off on the other 3...but with the lottery, close does not count for anything.  Oh well, I just rolled right back to the store and bought $2...this time, I hope my numbers all match.  And yes I have tickets for the Powerball, but I don't fixate on it.  If it is hit and the report is that it was won in northern Illinois, then I will start to let my heart beat a little faster, but not too much.  If I read that the store where I buy all of my tickets now sold the winning ticket, then I will get a bit more optimistic.  And if when I check my number and I start with the Powerball number and it matches, then I will be even more optimistic.  And if the rest of the other 5 match, then I will just remain seated, mutter "no way" to myself, give the air a little fist pump like MJ or TW, turn my ticket over and sign it, place it in my safe, call my attorney to make an appointment, call banks, interview tax accountants, and until meeting with attorney, act like I haven't won anything.

Ya I'm off in a little bit to get some PB and Texas Lotto tickets. I always check the txlottery.org website first and on there it will tell you what store the jackpot ticket was sold (if won in Texas like the MM was the other draw) or the second placed one. A few months ago when the PB jackpot was high I had my heart race for a second when I saw a 2nd place ticket had won here in my city but then I saw it was at a different store.

And same here, I will be meeting with an attorney and try to hide the fact I've won for some time (except of course the purchase of the Mustang but that's a $35,000 car). The builidng that the law firm I would go to is actually right across the street from the gas station i stop at so if I do win it would be funny being in their office about what to do while TV crew is across the street wondering who the winner is and where they are.

CashWinner$

Hey guys -

GOOD LUCK to all the lottery players 2nite Hat

I hope one of us LP'ers WINS!!

Wooo Cheers

CAL-LottoPlayer

YoungNRich (???),

hopefully you're just joking about gambling $2,000 on the PowerBall jackpot.  Let's look at the math:  The odds of winning the PowerBall jackpot are approximately 197,000,000 to 1 AGAINST you.  Yes, that's 197 MILLION to 1 AGAINST you.  Even if you played $2,000 on a single game, your odds are still 98,500 to 1 AGAINST you.  In other words, even if you played $2,000, it's about a HUNDRED THOUSAND to 1 that you'll win.  Now, if you make lots of money and you can waste $2,000, by all means, go ahead.  However, if you are not rich and don't make lots of money, it would be better if you don't throw away your money.

As a personal example, I have played the Fantasy 5 in California.  The odds are 500,000 to 1 against me.  I sometimes, not often, played $35 so the odds on those particular games were 14,286 to 1 against me.  I never won a penny, all thrown down the toilet.  {whoosh, splash}.  The fact is, these lotto games, run by your STATE of all organizations, are cruel hoaxes where you have little to no chance of winning at all.

Perhaps you have $2,000 burning in your pocket.  I don't know.  Save your money for harder times which are sure to come.  BTW, while a MacBook Pro might cost $1,500, you can get an excellent Lenovo Ideapad Z560 09143YU 15.6-Inch Laptop with Windows 7 for only $640 and free shipping!  Put your new Lenovo in your new $62 Targus A7 - TSB167US Backpack for 16-Inch Widescreen Laptops.

I'm not sure why you would want "Dr Dre Headphones", except perhaps for name recognition.  I've been using $50 Denon AH-D210 headphones for over 15 years and they still sound great!  Don't get the Denon today, get the $86 Sony MDR7506 instead.  However, it's still NOT $300.  As for the iPhone4, I'm sure you can find a better deal with another smartphone with a contract with one of the major mobile phone providers.  I'm not going to do any searches for smartphones because it'd take forever.  I'll let you do that.

There's a dirty little secret in America:  MANY jobs have left the USA and there aren't enough good jobs left to go around.  Best you spent your money on college, go with your new Lenovo laptop loaded with inexpensive academicly discounted software, put all your textbooks in your new Targus A7 backpack, and get a bachelor's degree.  Don't forget to bring your new $50 prepaid Nokia flipphone.    Wink

Mario38

The Powerball jackpot reached $201.9 million and was won - one winning ticket. Unfortunately our group did not win.

HiFi's avatarHiFi

it said new york won the jackpot.  man, i am so done playing mega an powerball if new york is the only state that ever wins.

Genome

Yeah, NY again. I was hoping for maybe one of the new powerball states.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Mario38 on Jun 2, 2011

The Powerball jackpot reached $201.9 million and was won - one winning ticket. Unfortunately our group did not win.

Your group... LOL

You and Bullwinkle.

Simba774

NY again. If it's not NY, it's Michigan or Indiana.Yawn

The Mega Millions loves Califorina.Disapprove

Simba774

Tell me about it.

OwlCreekBridge's avatarOwlCreekBridge

Quote: Originally posted by Simba774 on Jun 2, 2011

NY again. If it's not NY, it's Michigan or Indiana.Yawn

The Mega Millions loves Califorina.Disapprove

wouldn't it be awesome if the winner was a Californian who was visiting NY on vacation and then decided to buy a $1 powerball quickpick ticket?

Perfecttiming2's avatarPerfecttiming2

Quote: Originally posted by CrazyHazyYay! on May 31, 2011

How sweet it is to see an interfaith relationship blossom from underneath the concrete impediment called intolerance. Congratulations to rdgrnr and joker17 for making amends, becoming friends and finding common ground in sin: ALCOHOL! Car fresheners and dentures for everyone!

Hi CrazyHazyYay!....

I could not have said it better.....(rdgrnr and joker 17 "thumbs up" to you both!)

kkim84

Anyone finding it interesting that in recent times, extremely large jackpots in powerball is almost always in New York?  I swear 3 out of 5 large jackpots were all in New York....

CAL-LottoPlayer

Quote: Originally posted by kkim84 on Jun 2, 2011

Anyone finding it interesting that in recent times, extremely large jackpots in powerball is almost always in New York?  I swear 3 out of 5 large jackpots were all in New York....

New York and California are the most populated states in the Union.  It figures that the most winners would come from these 2 states.

surimaribo24's avatarsurimaribo24

finaly someone from long island in ny won .

ny gotta be one of  the biggest lotto player state outhere . we go nuts here with everything has to do with lottery.

NoShame's avatarNoShame

Hmm...I'm guessing maybe I should've played.  If I had won that would've been a triple whammy for the Hoosier State.  Oh well no point in playing the MB or PB in the next drawing since Hoosier Lotto is at $21.5 million right now.

sandia's avatarsandia

To the lucky winner(s):

Congratulations on winning the jackpot, I spent $5 on it and I only got 1 number and it wasn't even the powerball number!Bang Head

Alas, to the lucky winner(s), wishing you the best and please do maintain a good head on your shoulders.Dance

Signed:

Possible Future Lotto Winner.Banana

Simba774

Quote: Originally posted by CAL-LottoPlayer on Jun 2, 2011

New York and California are the most populated states in the Union.  It figures that the most winners would come from these 2 states.

I don't understand this claim, because countless towns no one has heard of also win a lot.Blue Thinking

Simba774

Quote: Originally posted by OwlCreekBridge on Jun 2, 2011

wouldn't it be awesome if the winner was a Californian who was visiting NY on vacation and then decided to buy a $1 powerball quickpick ticket?

No, what would be terrible if I went to NY just to buy a ticket and my state sells the winning ticket, not New York.Bash

coolbick

Maybe I'll be one of the lucky New York winners someday! Stretch

feri32's avatarferi32

Wow, sounds good ... I go and get my ticket now.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story