Lottery ticket frenzy as Euro Millions reaches record high

Jul 6, 2011, 11:13 am (81 comments)

Euro Millions

By Todd Northrop

Europe's multi-country Euro Millions lottery game emerged from Tuesday night's drawing without a grand prize winner, setting the stage for a mammoth record jackpot Friday:  an estimated €185 Million (US$264.9 Million, or £166 million).

And Euro Millions jackpots are paid as cash — not advertised annuity jackpots like the big American multi-state games.

If a single ticket wins the top prize, it will create the biggest winner in Europe ever.

To win a Euro Millions jackpot, a player must match all five main numbers and two Lucky Star numbers.  The five main numbers range from 1 to 50, and each Lucky Star number ranges from 1 to 11.

Tuesday's draw results were 11, 28, 29, 47, and 49, with Lucky Star numbers 1 and 5.

Euro Millions is currently available to players in Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.

Players outside those countries can consider using Lottery Post's recommended lottery ticket service in order to have a "butler service" buy Euro Millions lottery tickets on their behalf.  First-time users of the service basically play for free, as the service offers a refund credit equal to the first purchase order amount.

The current Euro Millions jackpot started as a €15 Million (US$21.1 Million) prize on May 24th, and has progressed for 13 consecutive drawings without a grand prize winner.

"This Euro Millions roll series alone has already contributed over £60 million to the massive £26 billion raised for the good causes since launch of The National Lottery nearly 17 years ago," according to a U.K. National Lottery spokesman.

On August 22, 2009, a single ticket won Italy's SuperEnalotto jackpot, which stood at 147,807,299.08 euros (£128.3 million at the time).  A single ticket winning Friday's Euro Millions drawing would far exceed that European record.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Woo Hoo for Euro Millions ! Cheers

I'm still looking for dpoly1 Millions .......... Sun Smiley

haymaker's avatarhaymaker

is this the lottery that is tax free,anyone know ? given europe's current finance situation i wonder how much longer it will stay that way.

ttech10's avatarttech10

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Jul 6, 2011

is this the lottery that is tax free,anyone know ? given europe's current finance situation i wonder how much longer it will stay that way.

This was in Wikipedia "All prizes, including the jackpot, are tax-free (except in Switzerland) and are paid in lump sum." so it looks that way. Man, $265m in the bank... I'd be happy with just my $10m I'm going after tonight.

Good luck to those playing!

skypekaitas6

I better tell the world in advance the numbers i played through the agent for this draw should be correct, as i consider my self expert in this field, and only one able to win with guarantee any lotto keno on earth with minimum 45 percent to spend on a jackpot-- say a 5 year period.

The numbers I choose for this draw are just two blocks, both blocks are in the range of the total: 170-180 including the stars try your luck too and share my millions if you can guess total in hindi language: aeyk , in konkani language: sau (being the 3rd digit) and middle: in Danish language su spelt little wrong as to be striving to use the dictionary.

I am just now a Dane in New Zealand.  Watch out : one lotto agent will prawl the winner was from Auckland. NZ. a Dane, who indeed will be skypekaitas6 memberane here.

Quote: Originally posted by skypekaitas6 on Jul 6, 2011

I better tell the world in advance the numbers i played through the agent for this draw should be correct, as i consider my self expert in this field, and only one able to win with guarantee any lotto keno on earth with minimum 45 percent to spend on a jackpot-- say a 5 year period.

The numbers I choose for this draw are just two blocks, both blocks are in the range of the total: 170-180 including the stars try your luck too and share my millions if you can guess total in hindi language: aeyk , in konkani language: sau (being the 3rd digit) and middle: in Danish language su spelt little wrong as to be striving to use the dictionary.

I am just now a Dane in New Zealand.  Watch out : one lotto agent will prawl the winner was from Auckland. NZ. a Dane, who indeed will be skypekaitas6 memberane here.

well,i guess i could use yahoos babelfish translator,but where would i buy the ticket ?and how would i cash it on this side of the pond ?US Flag

bigmoney25

dont think those in us can play

Quote: Originally posted by bigmoney25 on Jul 6, 2011

i still got cousins there,but why bother i already spend enough here, if i want to spend more i'll go to de. or.pa.or call freinds in 5 or 6 other states. except 1 freind lives in a no lottery state and i mail her tickets.

Quote: Originally posted by bigmoney25 on Jul 6, 2011

one is in athens al. i don't know if he plays,sorry did't note you're loc. before last post,also did't know al. had a lottery.

myturn08

i have my online girlfriend playing a set of numbers for me, she lives in the UK i hope we win and that she doesnt run off lol, i guess i can sue her if she tries since it is saved and documented on facebook, haha

Quote: Originally posted by myturn08 on Jul 6, 2011

i have my online girlfriend playing a set of numbers for me, she lives in the UK i hope we win and that she doesnt run off lol, i guess i can sue her if she tries since it is saved and documented on facebook, haha

"online girlfriend ? " i guess that kind comes w/ a diff. type of benefits.

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

Euro Millions Looking Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thumbs Up

Guru101's avatarGuru101

Holy cow. Wish I could play. lol

faber98

Quote: Originally posted by Guru101 on Jul 6, 2011

stick with usa jackpots. you'd garner too much attention by winning that european one. realistically no one needs to win that much. headache city. better off knocking down one of the states avg. 3million megabucks type with no bonus number to match. those fly under the radar from the borrowers or expectors.

there is another poster,calls therself "holy cow" but has a creative way of spelling it in 1 word.now i have too go back and find their last post cause i can't remember how they spelled it. mabye holeekow

C0w Pi3

Quote: Originally posted by myturn08 on Jul 6, 2011

She'll be a running.. most likely lol. Actually do you know what the numbers are? If she don't tell you that you'll never know. ;)

Quote: Originally posted by faber98 on Jul 6, 2011

stick with usa jackpots. you'd garner too much attention by winning that european one. realistically no one needs to win that much. headache city. better off knocking down one of the states avg. 3million megabucks type with no bonus number to match. those fly under the radar from the borrowers or expectors.

great minds think alike,why mess w/ something on the other side of the pond.

Lottery Playa

Quote: Originally posted by ttech10 on Jul 6, 2011

This was in Wikipedia "All prizes, including the jackpot, are tax-free (except in Switzerland) and are paid in lump sum." so it looks that way. Man, $265m in the bank... I'd be happy with just my $10m I'm going after tonight.

Good luck to those playing!

All Lotteries should be that way!! TAX FREE is how it should be. It amazes me how we are told we are free here in America yet over in Europe you can hit a jackpot, take home the ENTIRE advertised value and not be taxed on it (except in Switzerland). But here in the good ol' us of a where you are supposed to be the FREEST in all the universe, you are taxed to the bejezzers when you hit a jackpot or any other significant amount to boot. As if it's your duty to be stripped of a significant amount of the loot you just won, LEGITIMATELY! Of which you took ALL the risk.

I can handle the annuity deal. For instance, If you hit a $100,000,000 million dollar powerball jackpot, you can choose the lump sum option of approximately $50,000,000 million dollars which almost all would choose. That's fine. But when the government steps in and says the winner owes them a 30% some odd share of it on top of that, that's where the line should be drawn. It's not like they take just like 1% or something. They take like 30% share, WHICH IS ENOURMOUS!

I would be totally greatful to hit a jackpot dont get me wrong, but really, what the governments here in the USA do to a lottery winner, it's totally un-called for. The Lotteries already give a lot of money back to the States etc.. just like in Europe, but there has to be some kind of line in the sand as to what and how much property (which includes money you win in a lottery) the government TAKES! The Tax burden is absurd. Just hitting a jackpot in some lotteries can put a winner in deep doo doo with the "Authorities".

But in all honesty, Tax Free should be every lottery winners reward for risking what they had to win something BIG. What the government makes in lottery proceeds should be all they make. Taking the winners winnings is just doubly stupid. What's to stop them from taking 50% or 60% or 70%.

Could you imagine the Founding Fathers say something like this:

George Washington says to Thomas Jefferson, "So Thomas, now that we won the war of independence, what tax bracket are you in" 

This is the oxy moronic stuff i'm talking about. The founders would revolt over much less, like say a 1% tax on tea! But everyone seems to respect that kind of courage. Yet today, if you reject the amount of financial abuse that is handed to us measly old citizens on a daily basis from the government, well then, you are just a "BAD AMERICAN" and you are "Un PATRIOTIC"

All I have to say to that is that is idiotic!

We should definitely force the government to stop raping lottery winners winnings as a source of their thievery. 

The End!

Grace $Favour

Hey, deos anyone know how your money is paid if you buy through this USA MEGA Patner website and win the Jackpot? I tried to read thier FAQ but it deos not say, if you get all your money or they( Website) get a percentage of the Jackpot. If anyone knows please keep me informed.

skypekaitas6

Quote: Originally posted by skypekaitas6 on Jul 6, 2011

Euromillions can be played any where from on the internet via the agents. I too am playing with the agents. please feel free to c me and i shall tell you reilable ones.  I got an idea, i decide to play the same winning numbers five times to make sure the winner gets one sixth the share this way i make myself known i know the numbers prior to draw and i dont win with luck but with scientific applications and technology to predict anything and everything on earth and space., with suing number technologgy.. once i am known to states i should be getting usa citizenship outright for my brains.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by faber98 on Jul 6, 2011

Not sure why "no one needs to win that much" , but I say the more money the better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

myturn08

Quote: Originally posted by C0w Pi3 on Jul 6, 2011

She'll be a running.. most likely lol. Actually do you know what the numbers are? If she don't tell you that you'll never know. ;)

i gave her the numbers, she might be running, but hey u cant miss something u never had, right!!!

Lottery Playa

Quote: Originally posted by Grace $Favour on Jul 6, 2011

Hey, deos anyone know how your money is paid if you buy through this USA MEGA Patner website and win the Jackpot? I tried to read thier FAQ but it deos not say, if you get all your money or they( Website) get a percentage of the Jackpot. If anyone knows please keep me informed.

Jackpot is 100% yours if you win. The lottery messenger service gets paid to play your tickets. That's it. You get ALL the winnings from whatever you win! Hows that for SWEET!!!

I use this exact service which is advertised by USA Mega. It's really nice too!

Big Smile

myturn's avatarmyturn

"And Euro Millions jackpots are paid as cash — not advertised annuity jackpots like the big American multi-state games."

Yes, and it is also TAX FREE!

Mario38

Quote: Originally posted by myturn on Jul 7, 2011

"And Euro Millions jackpots are paid as cash — not advertised annuity jackpots like the big American multi-state games."

Yes, and it is also TAX FREE!

Not for US residents!

US residents are taxed on world-wide income.

myturn's avatarmyturn

Quote: Originally posted by Mario38 on Jul 7, 2011

Not for US residents!

So much for "Land of the Free", and all that jazz!

myturn's avatarmyturn

UK National Lottery - EuroMillions

What happens if I win?

If you win, we'll send an email informing you that you have some news about your ticket and ask you to sign in to your Account (this is for your security and protection; we will never tell you about your win in an email). In the message area of 'My Account' you'll find a message informing you of your win.

For convenience, most winnings will be paid directly to your National Lottery Account or to your debit card bank account by electronic transfer. You can claim your prize the day immediately after you win it.

Here's how we pay you:

Wins of up to £500

These will be paid directly to your Account. You can either choose to transfer them to your debit card bank account by electronic transfer or use them to play more games.

Wins of £501 to £5,000

These are paid directly to your bank account by electronic transfer.

Wins of over £5,000

Wins over £5,000 must be claimed by calling our National Lottery Customer Care Team on 0845 278 8000, and will be paid by cheque.

diamondpalace's avatardiamondpalace

Good luck to those who play it. Sounds like a fun game.

Lottery Playa

Not for US residents!

Go Read "Income Tax" Shattering the Myths by Dave Champion. You have no idea about income tax.

sully16's avatarsully16

I Agree! me too.

Mario38

Quote: Originally posted by Lottery Playa on Jul 7, 2011

Go Read "Income Tax" Shattering the Myths by Dave Champion. You have no idea about income tax.

A more relevant read are the IRS publications written by the people that can put in jail for tax evasion. That would be the ultimate bad luck. Win millions of dollars but sitting in jail with no means to spend or enjoy the money.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

So much for "Land of the Free", and all that jazz!

We still have our guns.

How about you?

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Jul 7, 2011

We still have our guns.

How about you?

in jersey we need a permit to buy a lousey shotgun,thats their favorite word, "PERMIT".on the plus side they did stop inspecting our cars,and flunking people for stupid things like a faulty shift quadrant,i  mean if you can't tell what gear the car is in you should't be driving.

Lottery Playa

A more relevant read are the IRS publications written by the people that can put in jail for tax evasion. That would be the ultimate bad luck. Win millions of dollars but sitting in jail with no means to spend or enjoy the money.

You REALLY, REALLY need to know that what you just said is absolute non-sense. Here you go, this is directly out of the Internal Revenue Manual, which COMPLETELY contradicts your ridiculous statement:

4.10.7.2.8  (01-01-2006) 

IRS Publications

1. IRS Publications explain the law in plain language for taxpayers and their advisors. They typically highlight changes in the law, provide examples illustrating Service positions, and include worksheets. Publications are nonbinding on the Service and do not necessarily cover all positions for a given issue. While a good source of general information, publications should not be cited to sustain a position

_____________________________________________________________________________________

It always blows my mind that people who claim to be "free" talk with such little courage and in fact talk like they are on some type of plantation. Your whole statement, which was completely uneducated and fear based, is one of the main reasons this country has went down the garbage hole.   

I can't imagine one of the Founding Fathers during the revolutionary era talking with such distain for truth. No offense, but you really need to take a look at yourself and the position you just put forth. It's completely worthless, outside of the fear factor of course. Not to say the IRS isn't ridiculous in and of it's own self, but further encouraging the criminals to continue to mis-apply the income tax is certainly no way to fight for Liberty and Freedom. The Income tax is only authorized to be laid in the nature of an excise tax. Read Frank Brushaber v Union Pacific Railroad co (1916) and Stanton v Baltic Mining (1916) US Supreme court rulings, which trump any IRS publication.

Last time I looked, the IRS was part of the Executive branch, not the Judicial Branch. So that whole little statement about the IRS publication writers being the ones who can put you in jail should be more like your Fellow Jury Citizens put you in jail. And the reality is, in almost all tax cases, the jury is completely ignorant as to the actual application of the income tax laws and have never read one word of tax law. Go figure..... Best cases that come to mind are the Joe Banister Case, Tommy Cryer Case and the Robert Lawerence Cases.

Soultions start with us. Not with the government.

Also, here's the IRS Manual section on "Importance of Court Decisions"

4.10.7.2.9.8  (01-01-2006)
Importance of Court Decisions

1. Decisions made at various levels of the court system are considered to be interpretations of tax laws and may be used by either examiners or taxpayers to support a position.

2. Certain court cases lend more weight to a position than others. A case decided by the U.S. Supreme Court becomes the law of the land and takes precedence over decisions of lower courts. The Internal Revenue Service must follow Supreme Court decisions. For examiners, Supreme Court decisions have the same weight as the Code.

3. Decisions made by lower courts, such as Tax Court, District Courts, or Claims Court, are binding on the Service only for the particular taxpayer and the years litigated. Adverse decisions of lower courts do not require the Service to alter its position for other taxpayers.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Notice that a case decided by the US Supreme MUST be followed by the IRS and also a US Supreme court ruling decision has the same legal weight as the actual Law. Try to mention a US Supreme court case in a prosecution against you in a court or to an IRS examiner and they won't give 2 hoots about it. In fact, I don't know why the Internal Revenue manual even exists, if examaniers and officers of the IRS don't even follow the most critical parts of it. Smile

You REALLY, REALLY need to know that what you just said is absolute non-sense. Here you go, this is directly out of the Internal Revenue Manual, which COMPLETELY contradicts your ridiculous statement:

4.10.7.2.8  (01-01-2006) 

IRS Publications

1. IRS Publications explain the law in plain language for taxpayers and their advisors. They typically highlight changes in the law, provide examples illustrating Service positions, and include worksheets. Publications are nonbinding on the Service and do not necessarily cover all positions for a given issue. While a good source of general information, publications should not be cited to sustain a position

_____________________________________________________________________________________

It always blows my mind that people who claim to be "free" talk with such little courage and in fact talk like they are on some type of plantation. Your whole statement, which was completely uneducated and fear based, is one of the main reasons this country has went down the garbage hole.   

I can't imagine one of the Founding Fathers during the revolutionary era talking with such distain for truth. No offense, but you really need to take a look at yourself and the position you just put forth. It's completely worthless, outside of the fear factor of course. Not to say the IRS isn't ridiculous in and of it's own self, but further encouraging the criminals to continue to mis-apply the income tax is certainly no way to fight for Liberty and Freedom. The Income tax is only authorized to be laid in the nature of an excise tax. Read Frank Brushaber v Union Pacific Railroad co (1916) and Stanton v Baltic Mining (1916) US Supreme court rulings, which trump any IRS publication.

Last time I looked, the IRS was part of the Executive branch, not the Judicial Branch. So that whole little statement about the IRS publication writers being the ones who can put you in jail should be more like your Fellow Jury Citizens put you in jail. And the reality is, in almost all tax cases, the jury is completely ignorant as to the actual application of the income tax laws and have never read one word of tax law. Go figure..... Best cases that come to mind are the Joe Banister Case, Tommy Cryer Case and the Robert Lawerence Cases.

Soultions start with us. Not with the government.

Also, here's the IRS Manual section on "Importance of Court Decisions"

4.10.7.2.9.8  (01-01-2006)
Importance of Court Decisions

1. Decisions made at various levels of the court system are considered to be interpretations of tax laws and may be used by either examiners or taxpayers to support a position.

2. Certain court cases lend more weight to a position than others. A case decided by the U.S. Supreme Court becomes the law of the land and takes precedence over decisions of lower courts. The Internal Revenue Service must follow Supreme Court decisions. For examiners, Supreme Court decisions have the same weight as the Code.

3. Decisions made by lower courts, such as Tax Court, District Courts, or Claims Court, are binding on the Service only for the particular taxpayer and the years litigated. Adverse decisions of lower courts do not require the Service to alter its position for other taxpayers.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Notice that a case decided by the US Supreme MUST be followed by the IRS and also a US Supreme court ruling decision has the same legal weight as the actual Law. Try to mention a US Supreme court case in a prosecution against you in a court or to an IRS examiner and they won't give 2 hoots about it. In fact, I don't know why the Internal Revenue manual even exists, if examaniers and officers of the IRS don't even follow the most critical parts of it. Smile

lottery playa welcome to lp,you have the same initials as lottery post,must be a portant.not sure if you realize,but i think mario38 is from canada.

Lottery Playa

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Jul 7, 2011

lottery playa welcome to lp,you have the same initials as lottery post,must be a portant.not sure if you realize,but i think mario38 is from canada.

Did not notice that. Thanks for the heads up! Big Smile

Hey Mario38, Are you from Canada? I know your profile says you are, just checking.

Also, I'm not im not trying to come down on you, just trying to state the facts.

Mario38

Did not notice that. Thanks for the heads up! Big Smile

Hey Mario38, Are you from Canada? I know your profile says you are, just checking.

Also, I'm not im not trying to come down on you, just trying to state the facts.

Yes, I am. I am familiar with US tax law because I have filed US tax returns. The first time I had to file, I hired someone to complete the return. Then I decided to research the tax laws myself and completed my own returns.

I am also stating the facts. You are free to do what you want but I think you should be careful when you tell people they are not obligated to pay taxes on income. Along with advice, do you also offer bail money?

Lottery Playa

As a Citizen of Canada, you ARE required to file a US tax return on your US source income.

time*treat's avatartime*treat

While a good source of general information, publications should not be cited to sustain a position.

Which means the IRS can ignore it as they see fit.

Decisions made by lower courts, such as Tax Court, District Courts, or Claims Court, are binding on the Service only for the particular taxpayer and the years litigated. Adverse decisions of lower courts do not require the Service to alter its position for other taxpayers.

Which means the IRS may take out not being able to shaft one particular taxpayer on the others.

Anyone who has sat through the process of jury selection knows they don't want to be at the mercy of one; especially in a case requiring specialized knowledge.

Mario38

As a Citizen of Canada, you ARE required to file a US tax return on your US source income.

I wonder where you are getting your information. What law would require me to file a US tax return. Certainly not a Canadian law and US law has no jurisdiction in Canada. You seem to be a self-professed expert on tax law. So what law are you referring to?

Quote: Originally posted by time*treat on Jul 7, 2011

While a good source of general information, publications should not be cited to sustain a position.

Which means the IRS can ignore it as they see fit.

Decisions made by lower courts, such as Tax Court, District Courts, or Claims Court, are binding on the Service only for the particular taxpayer and the years litigated. Adverse decisions of lower courts do not require the Service to alter its position for other taxpayers.

Which means the IRS may take out not being able to shaft one particular taxpayer on the others.

Anyone who has sat through the process of jury selection knows they don't want to be at the mercy of one; especially in a case requiring specialized knowledge.

exactly,so they can have their cake and eat it too,

myturn's avatarmyturn

UK National Lottery - Players have the right to maintain their anonymity

Players have the right to maintain their anonymity unless they sign to request publicity. Camelot, (UK National Lottery operator),  is required to ensure that prize-winner's details are kept secure within Camelot, and are only disclosed to authorised staff.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

UK National Lottery - Players have the right to maintain their anonymity

Players have the right to maintain their anonymity unless they sign to request publicity. Camelot, (UK National Lottery operator),  is required to ensure that prize-winner's details are kept secure within Camelot, and are only disclosed to authorised staff.

But just like the Australians, the Brits surrendered their rights to own guns too.

So neither of those countries are really free.

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Jul 7, 2011

But just like the Australians, the Brits surrendered their rights to own guns too.

So neither of those countries are really free.

"from my cold dead fingers "

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

If only a US resident and US citizen knew how much, at least, the Federal Income Tax Rate was (knowing each State's Income Tax Rates due before electronic transfer would be helpful too) upon winning a Euro Millions Lottery JACKPOT.

However, this question has been asked EACH time that one of these foreign lottery articles and "outside country resident's" ticket buying agents are published by the administration of this site, with still no US resident and US citizen tax reduction information included.  [Sure, each USAer could presume that there is approximately 40%+ in taxes due BEFORE lump sum payment is electronically sent (or is due to both the state and federal government by the winner upon filing their annual tax form for the prior year), but why should a USAer guess blindly BEFORE purchasing a ticket.]  Certainly, this non-response -- from administration -- remains a let down, considering this is one of the largest lottery blogs within the U.S.A.

What?

gocart1's avatargocart1

OK .I didn't read all the comments but why did euro millions stay the same jackpot for tuesday game?....if i missed something ,i'm sorry Bed

Lottery Playa

I wonder where you are getting your information. What law would require me to file a US tax return. Certainly not a Canadian law and US law has no jurisdiction in Canada. You seem to be a self-professed expert on tax law. So what law are you referring to?

It's really simple. The income tax is authorized to be laid in the nature of an excise. If you are a Canadian Citizen living in Canada and you earn money here in the US, your US sourced income most likely would fall under the excise.

I couldn't directly link to the statutes because of Lottery Post policy.

Read USC Title 26, subtitle A, Chapter 3. 

Chapter 3's title is WITHHOLDING OF TAX ON NONRESIDENT ALIENS AND FOREIGN CORPORATIONS

Subchapter A is entitled - Nonresident Aliens and Foreign Corporations

Check that out.

byng

In March 2009 a jackpot cap was introduced. It is now capped at 185 Million Euro. Once it hits that limit it doesn't matter how many more roll overs there are. €185000000 is the most you can ever win. 

Convert to Aussie dollars.Banana

gocart1's avatargocart1

Quote: Originally posted by byng on Jul 9, 2011

In March 2009 a jackpot cap was introduced. It is now capped at 185 Million Euro. Once it hits that limit it doesn't matter how many more roll overs there are. €185000000 is the most you can ever win. 

Thanks  byng..I didnt know that.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Buy American Guns. Banana   (Ooops! You're not allowed to own guns, sorry).

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

yeah euro mill once it hits the cap,  any excess money is rolled down to the next prize division. you may have noticed $3.3M for each winner on the 2nd tier prize

wow

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Jul 9, 2011

Buy American Guns. Banana   (Ooops! You're not allowed to own guns, sorry).

buy american baby ! still waitin for my gun shop to get their next order, only place that has socks made in the good old U.S.

time*treat's avatartime*treat

Yeah. Right now the Aussie dollar is worth more than the American one on the exchanges.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by time*treat on Jul 9, 2011

Yeah. Right now the Aussie dollar is worth more than the American one on the exchanges.

Better jump on the bandwagon then.  Banana

byng

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Jul 9, 2011

yeah euro mill once it hits the cap,  any excess money is rolled down to the next prize division. you may have noticed $3.3M for each winner on the 2nd tier prize

wow

Wow indeed. I knew the excess went down to the next division didn't check to see what the payout was. That's better than a lot of our Division 1 Lotto games. 

Gocart1  you're welcome. Long time lurker of this site and only finally registered to answer your question. Note to self. In future don't use happy banana.

rdgrnr  Farmers, Target shooters, and collectors can own still a gun. Even before the gun control laws, most aussies wouldn't have owned a gun. Or at least that's my opinion.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by byng on Jul 10, 2011

Wow indeed. I knew the excess went down to the next division didn't check to see what the payout was. That's better than a lot of our Division 1 Lotto games. 

Gocart1  you're welcome. Long time lurker of this site and only finally registered to answer your question. Note to self. In future don't use happy banana.

rdgrnr  Farmers, Target shooters, and collectors can own still a gun. Even before the gun control laws, most aussies wouldn't have owned a gun. Or at least that's my opinion.

That's all well and good if the majority don't want guns (which I doubt) but a BIG PROBLEM if the government says you can't have them. And telling you under what exceptions (target shooting, collecting) you can own them is an absolute outrage. The primary use of guns nowadays is self defense and secondarily to provide all of our meat should that become necessary.

All the infamous fascists, nazis, dictators, masters of genocide, initiators of atrocities and totalitarian governments in history had that one thing in common. The first thing they did was disarm the citizens.

Fear the government that fears your guns.

As human beings we have a right to defend ourselves, our families and our property against all who would do us harm. That's what the 2nd Amendment of our Constitution guarantees - that we can take up arms to defend ourselves and our freedom against anybody, including our own government if necessary.

Any God-given right, left undefended, will be taken away forever by men that don't have our best interests at heart. (libs)

You can never let them get so much as a foot in the door.

No compromise on principles - ever.

Welcome to Lottery Post byng!

Best of luck to ya! LepYes NodThumbs Up

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Jul 10, 2011

That's all well and good if the majority don't want guns (which I doubt) but a BIG PROBLEM if the government says you can't have them. And telling you under what exceptions (target shooting, collecting) you can own them is an absolute outrage. The primary use of guns nowadays is self defense and secondarily to provide all of our meat should that become necessary.

All the infamous fascists, nazis, dictators, masters of genocide, initiators of atrocities and totalitarian governments in history had that one thing in common. The first thing they did was disarm the citizens.

Fear the government that fears your guns.

As human beings we have a right to defend ourselves, our families and our property against all who would do us harm. That's what the 2nd Amendment of our Constitution guarantees - that we can take up arms to defend ourselves and our freedom against anybody, including our own government if necessary.

Any God-given right, left undefended, will be taken away forever by men that don't have our best interests at heart. (libs)

You can never let them get so much as a foot in the door.

No compromise on principles - ever.

Welcome to Lottery Post byng!

Best of luck to ya! LepYes NodThumbs Up

amen,has been proven over and over again and yet some want to trust gov't to deliver their safety,can't be done folks, in fact whole lotta things gov't cannot do and should't do. the cannot do list is the 1st 10 amendments.

Mario38

Another hijacked topic.

Which forum do we use to discuss lotteries?

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Mario38 on Jul 10, 2011

Another hijacked topic.

Ah, geeeze, the lying swindler is back.

Mario38

Ah, geeeze, the lying swindler is back.

Some things never change.

I thought a thread was devoted to you to spread your lies and insults. Please stick to that thread. If you want to post in other threads, then please follow the Lottery Post rules.

CashWinner$

Another hijacked topic.

This one.

What would you like to discuss?

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Some things never change.

I thought a thread was devoted to you to spread your lies and insults. Please stick to that thread. If you want to post in other threads, then please follow the Lottery Post rules.

Go make me some hot chips, Pierre.

How many different identities are you trying to swindle people with today?

Did all of your identities say what a great experience it was being in a lottery pool?

Did all of them recommend by PM sending money out of the country to you? Hmmmm?

You've been exposed as a phony and a fraud and now you're mad at the world about it. Too bad.

But you're still here trying to drum up business without paying for ads because your brokeass can't afford it.

Go pound icicles where the sun don't shine, idiot.

Nobody's gonna be stupid enough to send money out of the country to a fraud like you.

Beat it.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by CashWinner$ on Jul 10, 2011

This one.

What would you like to discuss?

He'd like to discuss sending him money to be in his lottery pool but he has to do it indirectly like he's not advertising.

Check his posts. The majority are about how great lottery groups are - when he's not bashing Christians.

Anybody who sent him money would have to have a bolt loose somewhere.

The guy's a fraud and a hustler.

Mario38

Go make me some hot chips, Pierre.

How many different identities are you trying to swindle people with today?

Did all of your identities say what a great experience it was being in a lottery pool?

Did all of them recommend by PM sending money out of the country to you? Hmmmm?

You've been exposed as a phony and a fraud and now you're mad at the world about it. Too bad.

But you're still here trying to drum up business without paying for ads because your brokeass can't afford it.

Go pound icicles where the sun don't shine, idiot.

Nobody's gonna be stupid enough to send money out of the country to a fraud like you.

Beat it.

More lies and insults.

I have never once asked anyone for money on this forum.

You give Christianity a bad name. Please repent before it is too late.

CashWinner$

He'd like to discuss sending him money to be in his lottery pool but he has to do it indirectly like he's not advertising.

Check his posts. The majority are about how great lottery groups are - when he's not bashing Christians.

Anybody who sent him money would have to have a bolt loose somewhere.

The guy's a fraud and a hustler.

Hiiiii Ridge......

LOL - Oh ok, I see what's up....A Hustler... LOL

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

More lies and insults.

I have never once asked anyone for money on this forum.

You give Christianity a bad name. Please repent before it is too late.

You're a liar and a fraud and everyone saw Management show evidence and call you out on it.

In flagrante delicto.

Who exactly do you think you're fooling?

Hang it up, you couldn't get a dime out of here now, little man.

Run along.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Hiiiii Ridge......

LOL - Oh ok, I see what's up....A Hustler... LOL

Hi Cash...

Yeah, caveat emptor with that one.

Typical weasel.

Don't get hustled.

CashWinner$

Hi Cash...

Yeah, caveat emptor with that one.

Typical weasel.

Don't get hustled.

Dammittt....

You shredded him Ridge & now he's gone.

But, I just put the popcorn on...

Oh well, tomorrows another day! Green laugh

Have a good night -

Mario38

You're a liar and a fraud and everyone saw Management show evidence and call you out on it.

In flagrante delicto.

Who exactly do you think you're fooling?

Hang it up, you couldn't get a dime out of here now, little man.

Run along.

For every lie you told about me, I asked for proof and never received it.

So once again, I ask for proof where I told a lie.

Either provide proof or an apology. Based on your track record, I expect neither.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Dammittt....

You shredded him Ridge & now he's gone.

But, I just put the popcorn on...

Oh well, tomorrows another day! Green laugh

Have a good night -

He can't handle the truth, Cash. It's common among his type (libs).

He's alright though, I think the world of him.

He's just a little high strung is all, the poor soul.

He's been having delusions of adequacy lately.

I'm thinking about taking him under my wing.

Poor little munchkin.

Sometimes you wish you could take cases like these and just put their heads in a vice and squeeze all that insanity out of them.

Yes, it's a thankless job but as long as he knows that we're all here for him it's worth every sleepless night that I've spent worrying about him and his psychotic way of looking at life. What a fruitcake he is.

Poor little nutjob munchkin.

Oh well, we do the best we can, 

Ni-night, Cash...See Ya!

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

wow

Savagegoose, I appreciate your explanation, as I also hadn't noticed those HIGH 2nd tier prize amounts once jackpot reaches 200M+!  This is a wonderful idea, since majority of the participating countries (except Switzerland) don't require winners to pay high income taxes on the advertised amount. 

Party

myturn's avatarmyturn

Lottery curmudgeons have been with us since the first jackpot, whining and panicking about the "undeserving" masses getting their feckless maulers on big sums of cash. Indeed, it's been a hoot, watching a steady stream of the famous, fortunate and over-rewarded, from the worlds of showbiz, media, politics, and beyond, expressing their anxieties about the effect of big wins on people who have not "toiled honestly". Cutting through the fog of sanctimony, all they're really shrieking is: "I cannot bear it that those lottery oiks instantly become richer than me!"

A few years ago, this "culture of begrudging" reached a zenith when Dolores McNamara, Irish former factory worker and mother of six, scooped £77m. As I mused at the time, in truth, McNamara didn't win the only lottery going, she merely won one of the many different kinds of lotteries that exist in life. Such as: the nepotism lottery, looks lottery, nice middle-class upbringing/going-to-university lottery, talent lottery, good-health lottery. If life is a random jumble of such lotteries, then surely people such as McNamara deserve a chance of "winning" at some point, in some way?

gocart1's avatargocart1

wow

Thanks  savagegoose for the infor

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by myturn on Jul 12, 2011

Lottery curmudgeons have been with us since the first jackpot, whining and panicking about the "undeserving" masses getting their feckless maulers on big sums of cash. Indeed, it's been a hoot, watching a steady stream of the famous, fortunate and over-rewarded, from the worlds of showbiz, media, politics, and beyond, expressing their anxieties about the effect of big wins on people who have not "toiled honestly". Cutting through the fog of sanctimony, all they're really shrieking is: "I cannot bear it that those lottery oiks instantly become richer than me!"

A few years ago, this "culture of begrudging" reached a zenith when Dolores McNamara, Irish former factory worker and mother of six, scooped £77m. As I mused at the time, in truth, McNamara didn't win the only lottery going, she merely won one of the many different kinds of lotteries that exist in life. Such as: the nepotism lottery, looks lottery, nice middle-class upbringing/going-to-university lottery, talent lottery, good-health lottery. If life is a random jumble of such lotteries, then surely people such as McNamara deserve a chance of "winning" at some point, in some way?

I'd be interested to know who wrote that, if you don't mind.

joker17

For every lie you told about me, I asked for proof and never received it.

So once again, I ask for proof where I told a lie.

Either provide proof or an apology. Based on your track record, I expect neither.

What do you expect from a backward hillbilly loser redneck who believes in goblins and Santa?

I see he goes around the different forums spewing his ignorant crap.

His right to bear arms shows his ignorance. He conveniently leaves out the "Militia" part.....Now he knows why I call him a dumbass.

As passed by the Congress:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by joker17 on Jul 12, 2011

What do you expect from a backward hillbilly loser redneck who believes in goblins and Santa?

His right to bear arms shows his ignorance. He conveniently leaves out the "Militia" part.....Now he knows why I call him a dumbass.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

LOL, you are insufferably stupid, ain'tcha boy? LMAO!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

LOL, you better stick to your area of expertise, Mahmoud, - SPACEMONKEYS!    Green laugh

joker17

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Jul 12, 2011

LOL, you are insufferably stupid, ain'tcha boy? LMAO!

I expected a retarded reply like this. Afterall It's coming from a retard who believes in Cinderella and Jack and the beanstalk.

Maybe If you pray really hard to the fairy godmother, she may grant you some brains...

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I expected a retarded reply like this. Afterall It's coming from a retard who believes in Cinderella and Jack and the beanstalk.

Maybe If you pray really hard to the fairy godmother, she may grant you some brains...

LOL, I thought you two tinkerbelles weren't going to "enlighten" us for free anymore?

Did you twoHippyHippyhave a spat?   LOL

joker17

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Jul 12, 2011

LOL, I thought you two tinkerbelles weren't going to "enlighten" us for free anymore?

Did you twoHippyHippyhave a spat?   LOL

No one could enlighten you, even If a ton of elephant crap landed on your head. I'm merely letting everyone reading this thread know what a moron you really are. And that's not hard to do.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

No one could enlighten you, even If a ton of elephant crap landed on your head. I'm merely letting everyone reading this thread know what a moron you really are. And that's not hard to do.

So all these words of "enlightenment" CrazyLOL are free?

Thanks for "enlightening" us about the elephant crap.

I'm sure you have first hand knowledge from washing them. LOL

larry3100's avatarlarry3100

One ticket holder just won $257,756,280.28 in Euro Millions Lottery game !.The numbers are 17-19-38-42-45 plus the Lucky stars  9 and 10. And the great thing about it,they don't have to pay any taxes on it,like they do here in the United States.The winning ticket was sold in the Unitd Kingdom (UK).Congrats to the winner!.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story