Minnesota Lottery resumes ticket sales Thursday

Jul 20, 2011, 4:26 pm (41 comments)

Minnesota Lottery

By Todd Northrop

ROSEVILLE, Minn. — After being shut down for nearly three weeks due to a state government budget impasse, the Minnesota Lottery will begin selling lottery tickets again, starting Thursday, July 21.

The resumption of ticket sales follows a special legislative session that put an end to the government shut down.  The state's Democrat governor relented, allowing the state budget to follow the Republican-majority state legislature's plan.

The lottery suspended operations on July 1.  Beginning at 6:00 am Thursday, the Lottery is expected to restore its systems and begin selling and redeeming winning tickets at retailers throughout the state.

"We couldn't be happier about the end of the shutdown, and we're eager to welcome back our dedicated employees, work with our retail partners and continue generating revenue that helps preserve, restore and enhance our state's natural resources," said Dale McDonnell, Assistant Director at the Minnesota State Lottery. "We want to thank everyone for their patience over the last few weeks and invite our players to get back to the fun of our games with our exciting new promotions and offers which the Lottery will begin in early August."

During the shutdown, the lottery continued to draw winning numbers, even though no tickets were sold for the drawings.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

CashWinner$

Party I'm So Happy !!!  Party

haymaker's avatarhaymaker

Quote: Originally posted by CashWinner$ on Jul 20, 2011

good for you, i'm thinking this will amplfiy the attention on next big winner in minny.Party

CashWinner$

Thanks hay -

And yeah, it pry will amp it up. 

But I've learned a thing or 2 @ LP, so I'm gonna remain anonymous! Cool Cheers Cool 

Party  LOL    Party

anonymous, hmm... famous poet ? aye? Yes Nod

CashWinner$

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Jul 20, 2011

anonymous, hmm... famous poet ? aye? Yes Nod

Smiley

Smiley

there once was a girl from nantuket.....oh wait,thats filthy limericks.....nevermind .

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Jul 20, 2011

there once was a girl from nantuket.....oh wait,thats filthy limericks.....nevermind .

They should dock the governor's pay for the rest of his term and put it in the general fund as a slight recompense for his little ego trip that accomplished nothing but putting the state in deeper debt than it was before. What a schmuck.

He oughta be recalled.

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Jul 20, 2011

They should dock the governor's pay for the rest of his term and put it in the general fund as a slight recompense for his little ego trip that accomplished nothing but putting the state in deeper debt than it was before. What a schmuck.

He oughta be recalled.

amen to that.Thumbs Up

time*treat's avatartime*treat

Retailers in Iowa & Wisconsin are sad.  Sad Cheers

sully16's avatarsully16

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Jul 20, 2011

He oughta be recalled.

yep, can think of a few more.

bomatt

Shouldn't the lottery fund itself so that it would not be shut down by the government for funding?

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Idiot Governor!

Puke

ressuccess's avatarressuccess

Why did the Minnesota lottery shut down for about 20 days?

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Minnesota needs to get rid of their Governor ............... meanwhile the Powerball Grows !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Smiley

The weather is red hot in Pennsylvania .................. just the right time for a Powerball win !

diamondpalace's avatardiamondpalace

I'm surprised ppl don't go on strike or roll out with riots when it got shut down. Glad to see the lottery back in action.

Quote: Originally posted by time*treat on Jul 20, 2011

Retailers in Iowa & Wisconsin are sad.  Sad Cheers

they knew it was a temp. gain.

faber98

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Jul 21, 2011

they knew it was a temp. gain.

except for the residents of mn. this was the most uninteresting story posted here on lottery news in a coons age. anyone who wants to gamble bad enough will find a way. all they had to do was call someone out of state to play their lottery even if they had to send them the money up front. or they could (and multitudes did) drive to the border themselves. big deal...

Quote: Originally posted by faber98 on Jul 21, 2011

except for the residents of mn. this was the most uninteresting story posted here on lottery news in a coons age. anyone who wants to gamble bad enough will find a way. all they had to do was call someone out of state to play their lottery even if they had to send them the money up front. or they could (and multitudes did) drive to the border themselves. big deal...

i was interested,i have family and freinds in minny.Thumbs Down

sully16's avatarsully16

I hope everyone who played 3 digit in Minnesota caught the 555,

no kidding first day back in business produces a trip ?

faber98

why would you even be conscious of your fiends(friends) or relatives lottery play. did you offer to play their favorite numbers in your state for them or buy them mega millions or powerballs (it doesn't matter where you buy those). i just fail to see why this story got so much attention. everyones ragging on the governor, like it was his fault they couldn't gamble. look at the money that was saved by the populace of that state. i  really feel bad for the people in hibbing who couldn't get their numbers in (none were drawn i believe anyway). to fill their time they could continue strip mining their town or make a contribution to the minnesota strip.

Quote: Originally posted by faber98 on Jul 21, 2011

why would you even be conscious of your fiends(friends) or relatives lottery play. did you offer to play their favorite numbers in your state for them or buy them mega millions or powerballs (it doesn't matter where you buy those). i just fail to see why this story got so much attention. everyones ragging on the governor, like it was his fault they couldn't gamble. look at the money that was saved by the populace of that state. i  really feel bad for the people in hibbing who couldn't get their numbers in (none were drawn i believe anyway). to fill their time they could continue strip mining their town or make a contribution to the minnesota strip.

i think you're talking to me. not even sure if they play lottery,just the same they live there .

faber98

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Jul 22, 2011

i think you're talking to me. not even sure if they play lottery,just the same they live there .

yes, you haymaker and stop with that a team quote. what does it mean anyway?

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

Bout time Minnesota..... go win that money CashWinner$.....Hurray!

Quote: Originally posted by faber98 on Jul 22, 2011

yes, you haymaker and stop with that a team quote. what does it mean anyway?

the quote will remain til. i get tired of it. it was the closing line of a favorite tv show, and it means what it says. anyway thanks for the idea.

faber98

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Jul 22, 2011

the quote will remain til. i get tired of it. it was the closing line of a favorite tv show, and it means what it says. anyway thanks for the idea.

i'm tired of you and your 300 posts in 1 month. that A-team quote from a horrible tv show from the 70's makes no sense. can it.

louise black

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Jul 21, 2011

Minnesota needs to get rid of their Governor ............... meanwhile the Powerball Grows !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Smiley

The weather is red hot in Pennsylvania .................. just the right time for a Powerball win !

Cussing FaceTHEY NEED TO GET RID OF THAT  S. O. B.  GOVERNOR OF JERSEY.Jester Laugh

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by louise black on Jul 23, 2011

Cussing FaceTHEY NEED TO GET RID OF THAT  S. O. B.  GOVERNOR OF JERSEY.Jester Laugh

Louise, we need to get rid of the bad governors, not the good ones.

Dayton from MN - bad. No NoThumbs Down

Christie from NJ  - good. Yes NodThumbs Up

Walker from WS - good. Yes NodThumbs Up

See how that works?

I'll bet you didn't know that half of the jobs created in this country since May were created in Wisconsin, did you, Louise?

Do you know why?

Because they elected a good governor (Walker) who wasn't afraid to tell the freeloaders that the gravy train was over and that they have no right to never-ending fabulous wealth and privilege just because they pay union dues.

I'm glad we got that straightened out, Louise.

It's not good to have people misunderstanding issues like these. Print out this post and put it on your refrigerator. 

Then whoever told you that Christie was bad - show him this post and smack him upside the head.

Have a nice day Louise and don't drink so much this early in the day from now on. See Ya!

CashWinner$

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Jul 22, 2011

Bout time Minnesota..... go win that money CashWinner$.....Hurray!

Thank you So much Dallas!!

I'm workin' on it - lol.....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Party

CashWinner$

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Jul 23, 2011

Louise, we need to get rid of the bad governors, not the good ones.

Dayton from MN - bad. No NoThumbs Down

Christie from NJ  - good. Yes NodThumbs Up

Walker from WS - good. Yes NodThumbs Up

See how that works?

I'll bet you didn't know that half of the jobs created in this country since May were created in Wisconsin, did you, Louise?

Do you know why?

Because they elected a good governor (Walker) who wasn't afraid to tell the freeloaders that the gravy train was over and that they have no right to never-ending fabulous wealth and privilege just because they pay union dues.

I'm glad we got that straightened out, Louise.

It's not good to have people misunderstanding issues like these. Print out this post and put it on your refrigerator. 

Then whoever told you that Christie was bad - show him this post and smack him upside the head.

Have a nice day Louise and don't drink so much this early in the day from now on. See Ya!

Right you are Ridge.

I have family in WI & most of 'em like Walker.

Especially on passing a concealed weapons law and how he's not takin' any shizz from the unions! Smash

Quote: Originally posted by faber98 on Jul 23, 2011

i'm tired of you and your 300 posts in 1 month. that A-team quote from a horrible tv show from the 70's makes no sense. can it.

don't make me laugh, you say that like you really think i'll do it. dream on. i'll make as many posts as damm well please,way i see you got 2 choices,you can block my posts or you can complain to the sitemaster.the 2nd choice is lible to result in the sitemaster telling you, you have 1 choice. so go head and block me,but i won't block you cause i want you to get back to me,and tell me how it worked out for you.many ppl. on here change the sig. line from time to time and would have prolly done same but now i want to keep it longer,i hope it's eventual replacement irritates you even more.

faber98

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Jul 23, 2011

don't make me laugh, you say that like you really think i'll do it. dream on. i'll make as many posts as damm well please,way i see you got 2 choices,you can block my posts or you can complain to the sitemaster.the 2nd choice is lible to result in the sitemaster telling you, you have 1 choice. so go head and block me,but i won't block you cause i want you to get back to me,and tell me how it worked out for you.many ppl. on here change the sig. line from time to time and would have prolly done same but now i want to keep it longer,i hope it's eventual replacement irritates you even more.

of course you won't stop that idiotic quote that makes no sense whatsoever. i have a plan that will come together to eliminate you. maybe you should look for employment instead of clogging up this forum with your non-sensical opinions over and over.

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

I, too, love it when a plan [e.g., winning net multi millions of dollars via a lottery ticket] comes together! Banana

Quote: Originally posted by HaveABall on Jul 24, 2011

I, too, love it when a plan [e.g., winning net multi millions of dollars via a lottery ticket] comes together! Banana

have a ball, yea, you get it, thats why i picked it for sig. line. party on !

of course you won't stop that idiotic quote that makes no sense whatsoever. i have a plan that will come together to eliminate you. maybe you should look for employment instead of clogging up this forum with your non-sensical opinions over and over.

what i won't do is take orders from you,must be frustrating for a liberal/dictator wannabe.i said you could block me,but no you want to eliminate me so no one can read my posts,burn any books recently ?

nearly forget,you're objective of eliminating me is at odds w/the site,they want to build sitetraffic and support free speech !

faber98

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Jul 24, 2011

nearly forget,you're objective of eliminating me is at odds w/the site,they want to build sitetraffic and support free speech !

no, i don't want to eliminate you, but to build site traffic they probably want to get some different people posting, not some guy who has lottery post up on his screen 16 hours a day who apparently has nothing else to do. why not expand your horizons elsewhere once in a while. i also didn't realize those quotes were permanently attached and automatically come up. i thought you were reposting it every time which would seem excessive. i just had a vendetta against that A-team program, not you. i couldn't believe it was ranked #1 for a brief period whenever it was on. notice how it never was syndicated into reruns. what does that tell you. when do you have time to buy lottery tickets, since you're always on here posting.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by CashWinner$ on Jul 23, 2011

Right you are Ridge.

I have family in WI & most of 'em like Walker.

Especially on passing a concealed weapons law and how he's not takin' any shizz from the unions! Smash

The "Where's My Free Stuff?" crowd has got Recalls going for about 6 State Reps and plans for Walker.  All they need to win is 3 I believe, to regain control again and drive the state back towards financial collapse.

Quote: Originally posted by faber98 on Jul 25, 2011

no, i don't want to eliminate you, but to build site traffic they probably want to get some different people posting, not some guy who has lottery post up on his screen 16 hours a day who apparently has nothing else to do. why not expand your horizons elsewhere once in a while. i also didn't realize those quotes were permanently attached and automatically come up. i thought you were reposting it every time which would seem excessive. i just had a vendetta against that A-team program, not you. i couldn't believe it was ranked #1 for a brief period whenever it was on. notice how it never was syndicated into reruns. what does that tell you. when do you have time to buy lottery tickets, since you're always on here posting.

you had a "vendetta"(blood fued) against a tv show that can best be described as "escapeist comedy" ?

you need to relax .

take it out on "jerry springer" no i don't watch,but when it's on one of the tv/sets in employee lunchroom, then i change seats,and watch cnbc .

hey, one of their reporters is named faber,is that you ?

ya like the new font on the sig. line ? .i did that to make it plain it's not being posted "over&over" like crimson & clover.

if i was smart as Jarasan i would put the tune in here.

louise black

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Jul 26, 2011

The "Where's My Free Stuff?" crowd has got Recalls going for about 6 State Reps and plans for Walker.  All they need to win is 3 I believe, to regain control again and drive the state back towards financial collapse.

No NoRdgrnr you know nothing is FREE! not EVEN when they say it is FREE! ,enough said.Argue

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by louise black on Jul 30, 2011

No NoRdgrnr you know nothing is FREE! not EVEN when they say it is FREE! ,enough said.Argue

I beg to differ, Louise.

There is free stuff and I know freeloaders who live off of it. And just so Nancy doesn't use this to call me a racist, I will tell you that there are no minorities of any race anywhere around me. I never see any minorities whatsoever, none, except for some migrant farm workers who come through here once a year to work tobacco when it's in season and leave when they're done.

So all the freeloaders I know, or know of, are white. You might call them white trash and some of them are because they live like pigs and spread garbage everywhere they go including all around the places they live. There really ain't that many of 'em but when they get all in a group scramblin' for handouts it looks like a lot of 'em.

But a lot of 'em ain't as "po" as they'd like you to believe. Some of 'em drive nicer cars and trucks than I do. But they get their public aid and food stamps and know all the churches and agencies and do-gooder group locations to show up at for their free food and clothes and anything else they can get to eat, use or sell at a yard sale. I'm not postulating, I've had the procedure explained to me by people who do it. Some of them know they're scamming the system and some of them think their entitled to it cuz they were brought up that way.  But believe me, it's all free, no questions asked, no strings attached.

You might ask why I don't turn in the people I know who scam the system and that's a valid question but there is a code here in the mountains that goes back to the moonshine and revenuer days: I ain't seen nuthin', I ain't heard nuthin' and I don't know nuthin' and most folks here still live by it. And bein' a stool pigeon just ain't my nature anyway. The government just pisses the money away anyway and if they can't do their job it doesn't become mine. And the do-gooders just love giving stuff away cuz it makes 'em feel good.

So yes, Louise, there is free stuff.

And most of  the scammers have plenty of money to smoke, drink and dip snuff too.

And the dems could clear half of the welfare rolls if they did drug tests. But here's why they never will -  that's their most loyal voter base.

No free stuff - no votes.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story