Virginia Lottery drawings now streamed live on Facebook

Sep 23, 2011, 9:30 am (16 comments)

Virginia Lottery

By Todd Northrop

The Virginia Lottery now is streaming its drawings live on its Facebook page, in addition to its Web site.

In order to view the live video stream on the Virginia Lottery Facebook page, visitors must first click the "Like" option on the page, according to a lottery news release.

The live streams began on Sept. 14, and can be viewed daily at 1:59 and 11:00 p.m.

Viewers can watch the Pick 3, Pick 4, and Cash 5 drawings, and also can watch the Mega Millions drawings on Tuesday and Friday nights. Powerball and Win for Life can be viewed on Wednesday and Saturday nights and the Decades for Dollars can be seen on Monday and Thursday nights.

The drawings can be accessed by clicking the "View Draw Show LIVE!" tab on the Virginia Lottery's Facebook page.

Past drawing videos are available on the Virginia Lottery's Web site.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

CrazyHazyYay!'s avatarCrazyHazyYay!

Whats wrong with using good ol' USAMega? They seem to update it faster than the NJ Lottery website I used to go to. Plus since I got an office job, I've had to shut my Facebook account due to people tagging me in embarassing photos that might jeopardize my job. Good luck on tonight's MegaMillions everybody!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I think streaming it's drawings live on Facebook is a great idea for Virginia.

However, when states make these announcements, I feel they should include proper caveats and full disclosure.

They should disclose, for instance, that these features will not be made available to poor white trash hillbillies like myself in the backwoods and hills and hollers of the Appalachians because they are not considered worthy of the expense incurred to run hi-speed cable to their hovels, huts, shacks and shanties.

Now, some of us are very excitable and these announcements made without the proper cautionary disclaimers can cause undue stress and a serious wasting of ammunition brought about by the celebratory firing of squirrel guns into the air unnecessarily and damage to front porch floorboards by irrationally exuberant clog dancing.

I hope at some point they will take this into consideration.

sassymrsjay's avatarsassymrsjay

That's great. I hope NC is next.

cbr$'s avatarcbr$

I Agree!for once I have to agree with rdgrnr, since I live slap - dab in the middle of Appalachian Mountains.

ressuccess's avatarressuccess

I like this because they are now putting this on Facebook.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Here in PA everything is on TV.

I hope to make the transition from Republican to Rich Republican tonite ! State Tax Free in PA ! & no required dog and pony show for everyone to see you !

Cheers

Todd's avatarTodd

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Sep 23, 2011

Here in PA everything is on TV.

I hope to make the transition from Republican to Rich Republican tonite ! State Tax Free in PA ! & no required dog and pony show for everyone to see you !

Cheers

Awesome!!  But I don't think midday draws are on TV, because they're computerized.

louise black

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Sep 23, 2011

However, when states make these announcements, I feel they should include proper caveats and full disclosure.

They should disclose, for instance, that these features will not be made available to poor white trash hillbillies like myself in the backwoods and hills and hollers of the Appalachians because they are not considered worthy of the expense incurred to run hi-speed cable to their hovels, huts, shacks and shanties.

Now, some of us are very excitable and these announcements made without the proper cautionary disclaimers can cause undue stress and a serious wasting of ammunition brought about by the celebratory firing of squirrel guns into the air unnecessarily and damage to front porch floorboards by irrationally exuberant clog dancing.

Green laughOnce again Rdgrnr that prove you should have your own show some where . That's funny as all get out. Try out for the X factor.Jack-in-the-Box

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by louise black on Sep 24, 2011

Green laughOnce again Rdgrnr that prove you should have your own show some where . That's funny as all get out. Try out for the X factor.Jack-in-the-Box

Thanks Louise but I ain't familiar with lookin at the pictures on the television set.

But if the X Factor has something to do with tic tac toe - I ain't no good at that no how.

freeobama's avatarfreeobama

Virginia lottery=Money PitBat

louise black

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Sep 24, 2011

Thanks Louise but I ain't familiar with lookin at the pictures on the television set.

But if the X Factor has something to do with tic tac toe - I ain't no good at that no how.

It 's for people like yourself with talent. Maybe you can make the holling sound for pigs, birds and the X- Factor will be your sense of humor.Jester Laugh

CashWinner$

LOL

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by louise black on Sep 26, 2011

It 's for people like yourself with talent. Maybe you can make the holling sound for pigs, birds and the X- Factor will be your sense of humor.Jester Laugh

Oh ok, if it's a show about holling sounds, I'd probably win it then.

I can make holling sounds from critters that ain't even been invented.

I can do Sasquatch too.

Some of them require the use of certain bodily functions and they're included in my repertoire

I do one I call The Swamp Monster that requires loud moaning in conjunction with a bodily function but my wife gets mad if I don't open the windows and put the fan on when I do that one.

Some people just don't appreciate art.

sully16's avatarsully16

You could suggest carrier pigeons, Hyper

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by sully16 on Sep 27, 2011

You could suggest carrier pigeons, Hyper

We'd even try carrier penguins if we had to!

faber98

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Sep 27, 2011

We'd even try carrier penguins if we had to!

then how do your stills have electronic sensor warning devices hooked up to them? technology has found it's way to the appalachians to be sure as the fact that robert mitchum is still running shine down thunder road in his box truck.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story