LOTTERY POST ANNOUNCES LOTTERY PRIZE PAYOUT RESULTS

Oct 18, 2011, 2:30 am (43 comments)

Lottery Post Site News

Free access to entire past year of lottery data also announced

MARTINSVILLE, NJ — Lottery Post, the world's largest community of lottery players and home of the Internet's most popular lottery results service, announced today the launch of its latest industry-leading innovation: current and past lottery prize payout results for all of the hundreds of lottery games shown at the Lottery Post Web site, on both computers and smartphones, such as iPhone and Android.

Although the 'winning numbers' portion of lottery results are published in a variety publications, both online and offline, the actual prizes that can be won by matching various number combinations has been notoriously absent from those same publications. Lottery players wanting to find out how much they won can become frustrated by the lack of available information.

In most cases, players can eventually track down the prize payouts at their government lottery Web site, but until now there hasn't been a single Web site or publication a lottery player can use to find prize payouts for all lotteries.

Compounding the problem, although many government Web sites maintain a history of winning lottery numbers, very few allow lottery players to view historical prize payout information.

Lottery Post iPhone EditionWith today's announcement, Lottery Post (www.lotterypost.com) aims to help lottery players immediately overcome these and other challenges, providing access to both current and past prize payout information for all lottery games at its Web site.

"This is an exciting day for Lottery Post, as we can finally share details about the wealth of information provided by this project, which has been in the works for several years," said Todd Northrop, Founder and CEO of Lottery Post. "Prize payout information is easily the most requested feature we hear from lottery players, and we couldn't be happier to finally be able to deliver it to them."

Also being announced by Lottery Post today is the broadening of access to Lottery Post's renowned lottery results database, to allow any Web visitor to see the entire past year of winning numbers and prize payouts, without restriction.

"The move to unfettered access to the entire past year of winning numbers and prize payouts creates an incredible resource and efficiency for both daily and casual lottery players, who want quick and reliable access to check their lottery tickets," Northrop explained. "Access to one year of data is the perfect amount of time, because it is the longest span of time for which a lottery ticket can be valid before it expires."

Northrop continued, "Lottery Post currently is the most popular Internet destination for lottery results, and as such we feel a responsibility to the lottery players we serve to give them the highest quality and most reliable information. And now we are the only place where lottery players can find the complete information they seek, including prize payouts for each game."

Lottery results and prize payouts can be found at Lottery Post by visiting www.lotterypost.com/results in a computer Web browser or on a smartphone, such as iPhone or Android.

The endeavor to bring prize payouts to Lottery Post caps a six-year planning and data collection effort, during which Lottery Post implemented its own lottery results publication service and data feed, and rapidly ascended in Web traffic popularity to become the industry's top destination for lottery players seeking the latest winning numbers.

Mr. Northrop also authors and publishes Lottery Results Almanac books at the start of each year, chronicling the winning lottery numbers for each game during the past year. United States and Canada editions of the Lottery Results Almanac have been published for the past two years, and are planned again for publication in January, 2012. The 2010 United States edition is currently available at Amazon.com by visiting http://amzn.to/hOlZON.

About Lottery Post

Lottery Post (www.lotterypost.com) is the Internet's largest community of lottery players, with discussion forums, daily lottery news, lottery results (winning numbers), prize payout information, predictions, lottery systems, and more. Since 2000, Lottery Post and sibling web site USA Mega (www.usamega.com) have been providing accurate, player-friendly information and interactivity for lottery players worldwide.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

jackpotismine's avatarjackpotismine

PartyNice! I like this! Great news!

HEHATEME's avatarHEHATEME

Quote: Originally posted by jackpotismine on Oct 18, 2011

PartyNice! I like this! Great news!

Do we benefit?

jackpotismine's avatarjackpotismine

Quote: Originally posted by HEHATEME on Oct 18, 2011

Do we benefit?

Yes. I'm a standard member.  Before you had to be a gold or platinum member to see 1 year's results.

CARBOB

Todd, very good addition, don't have to go to Florida website!!

Todd's avatarTodd

There's another nifty feature now available that keeps track of what page you're viewing in a game's past results.  So if you're viewing past results for Florida Lotto, and you're on page 15 of the past results, if you click away from the page and then go back to the Florida Lotto past results within 10 minutes, it remembers you were on page 15 and goes right to it.

Also, there was a bug that did not properly display past results if viewing different games in different browser windows at the same time — that was fixed.

konane's avatarkonane

Totally aweseome ..... thank you Todd for your continued innovation..!  Party Party

sully16's avatarsully16

Pretty Cool , Thanks Todd Party

lotterybraker's avatarlotterybraker

I have to admit even myself this is a GREAT IDEA Todd..for dang sure...this should draw in more people that dont normally use the site..at least I would think so...

Oh and dont worry about my Plat. membership...I need wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than just one years worth of data to make my runs...hahahaha..so I will still pay my share to get that valuable information I need ..thats for dang sure...

ONE VERY IMPORTANT KEY PIECE OF INFORMATION HERE FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!...it does not matter if you do a workout for yesterday, last week, one month ago, 6 months ago, 9 months ago, 1 year ago, one year and half ago, 2 years ago, 2 and one half years ago, 3 years ago, RANDOM WILL BE MISSING SOMETHING..for every workout you do, you find...you create...RANDOM WILL ALWAYS BE MISSING A PLETHERA of variables from that POINT IN TIME...keep that piece of information in your pocket and it will help you..!!!!!!!1...

Good luck today to everyone...!!!!!1

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Todd is our fearless leader !!!!!!!!!  Type

Powerball win for Scottdale on Wednesday !!!!!!!!!!!

Todd's avatarTodd

I forgot to mention, another neat feature of the prize payout results is that for numbers games (Pick 3, Pick 4, Quinto) with fixed payouts, the system only presents you with the correct box payout for the game, based on the possible combinations of the drawing result.

So, unlike the state lottery that just shows a basic payout table with all the various possiblities listed, the Lottery Post payouts will inform you of what type of box hit it was (for example, "3-way"), and provide the payout for that particular hit.

@lotterybraker - the real value of a Platinum membership lies in all the tools used to access and manipulate the data.  For example, the Lottery Results Search Engine, Deflate, Inspector, the various "Lucky's" systems, positional wheeling with filters, etc., etc.  And like you said, the ability to access the entire database, with data from some games stretching back into the 1970s.  In fact, with the Michigan Pick 3 data, this is the only place you can find the data online all the way back to the start of the game.

shelby50

Todd, This is great!!

Stack47

"Since 2000, Lottery Post and sibling web site USA Mega (www.usamega.com) have been providing accurate, player-friendly information and interactivity for lottery players worldwide."

"Player-friendly" is the best description of Lottery Post and now another valuable piece of information has been added!

Rick G's avatarRick G

Nice addition, Todd!  Thumbs Up

louise black

Quote: Originally posted by Todd on Oct 18, 2011

I forgot to mention, another neat feature of the prize payout results is that for numbers games (Pick 3, Pick 4, Quinto) with fixed payouts, the system only presents you with the correct box payout for the game, based on the possible combinations of the drawing result.

So, unlike the state lottery that just shows a basic payout table with all the various possiblities listed, the Lottery Post payouts will inform you of what type of box hit it was (for example, "3-way"), and provide the payout for that particular hit.

@lotterybraker - the real value of a Platinum membership lies in all the tools used to access and manipulate the data.  For example, the Lottery Results Search Engine, Deflate, Inspector, the various "Lucky's" systems, positional wheeling with filters, etc., etc.  And like you said, the ability to access the entire database, with data from some games stretching back into the 1970s.  In fact, with the Michigan Pick 3 data, this is the only place you can find the data online all the way back to the start of the game.

Thumbs UpTodd it's good you added this system for the LPM, I am a member of the player club in Michigan and I have always even with player city use the  michigan history data base to track certain numbers combination and their pay out, also the number of people who won on each combination.Yes Nod

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Todd, you and Lottery Post are "Capo di Tutti Capi" in everything a lottery player needs or wants to know.

When you go to Lottery Post you know that it just doesn't get any better than this but you also know that Todd is always working to see that it does.

Salute!

surimaribo24's avatarsurimaribo24

keep up the good work MR. Todd.

spy153's avatarspy153

I have been waiting on a feature such as these.  Thank you for adding them and always keeping LP interesting.

Plecoman

Hunky Dory for sure (Very Nice).

Todd Thanks For Everything You Do.

Randy In Tampa Florida

LepLep  US Flag

CashWinner$

WoW - That's really AWESOME !!!!!

Thanks for all your hard work $$$$$$$$ Lottery Post Rocks $$$$$$$$

Party

CashWinner$

Was just over checking out the new Lottery Results Pages / $ Jackpots $ .. Very nice!!

BevsPicks2

Yeeeee Hawwww!!!! WTG Todd! You're the bestest!

CajunWin4's avatarCajunWin4

Todd ,

What a Great add on for LP members .  You and the Guys out did your selfs again ....

MADDOG10's avatarMADDOG10

Nice work Todd, very nice..!

ChaosX's avatarChaosX

You even have the prize payouts from way back in 1975 (before I was even born) LOL!  Very nice.

Teamprofit

Todd,

This is great news, congrats!!!

I do agree that this is the best site for lottery information, and super user friendly.

Thanks

grwurston's avatargrwurston

WAY TO GO TODD!!!!!!!!

Party

Piaceri

Thanks Todd! This is the reason I keep coming back time and time again. You rock! Banana

Epistrophy's avatarEpistrophy

Very nice - thank you, Todd.

Amazing Grace's avatarAmazing Grace

Most avid lottery players know what the payout is on what they play they may well design thier bet around it,

I think it would be nicer if what the prize payout displayed was what the state or province payed out on

that winning combo.

Example

203,  $17,000 straight payout

203,  $5800 straightbox payout

203, $ 1600 box payout

Coffee

Todd's avatarTodd

Quote: Originally posted by Amazing Grace on Oct 18, 2011

Most avid lottery players know what the payout is on what they play they may well design thier bet around it,

I think it would be nicer if what the prize payout displayed was what the state or province payed out on

that winning combo.

Example

203,  $17,000 straight payout

203,  $5800 straightbox payout

203, $ 1600 box payout

Coffee

You're talking about the total amount paid to all players in a particular drawing, right?  I wish states published that information, but only a fraction of them do so.  You're right, it would be great to be able to view that info for any state/province and any game.

However, I don't think it is necessarily "nicer" to see this over what has been released for the first time today.  Maybe nice to have, but isn't really the same thing, or used in the same way.  From all the requests I have received over the years, the payouts as they are now being published are -- by far -- the most often-requested information of any feature request I have received.

Todd's avatarTodd

Just wanted to say THANKS! to everyone who posted the great feedback today.

As the press release states, this has been in the works for six years now, so it is an enormous relief to finally be able to release it -- and to talk about it publicly!  In the past few weeks I have been heads-down grinding out all the final details not only with the data, but in how it is integrated and presented on the Web site.  So in that respect too it is a big relief to have finally finished it.

If anyone is interested in seeing the full published press release, I have published a copy at my company Web site for Speednet Group.

Please feel free to continue posting any other feedback you may have by posting a reply here, or as always you can feel free to send me a note privately.

You're talking about the total amount paid to all players in a particular drawing, right?  I wish states published that information, but only a fraction of them do so.  You're right, it would be great to be able to view that info for any state/province and any game.

However, I don't think it is necessarily "nicer" to see this over what has been released for the first time today.  Maybe nice to have, but isn't really the same thing, or used in the same way.  From all the requests I have received over the years, the payouts as they are now being published are -- by far -- the most often-requested information of any feature request I have received.

I guess i found it a bit misleading, the title, prize payout, when I seen it i thought great now i can see what the state/province is paying on combos drawn

so when i looked it was not something that was a big deal to me, some players yes, not saying its not good, just saying i was expecting something else

I just find it hard to believe that players dont know what the prize structure is if they are playing that game. Maybe in the states its not the same as Canada our payout structure

remains the same daily. If a box pays 80 it always pays 80 maybe Ontario is not the same maybe based on ticket sales not sure but thinking that i think i wil go check,Coffee

dont take this as negative feedback, just feed back

Quote: Originally posted by Amazing Grace on Oct 19, 2011

I guess i found it a bit misleading, the title, prize payout, when I seen it i thought great now i can see what the state/province is paying on combos drawn

so when i looked it was not something that was a big deal to me, some players yes, not saying its not good, just saying i was expecting something else

I just find it hard to believe that players dont know what the prize structure is if they are playing that game. Maybe in the states its not the same as Canada our payout structure

remains the same daily. If a box pays 80 it always pays 80 maybe Ontario is not the same maybe based on ticket sales not sure but thinking that i think i wil go check,Coffee

I was right Ontario pay structure is different daily, maybe states is like that to in places, then i see why people want this, In Alberta the structure is the same daily, so thats why this did not make a lot of sense to me,

RJOh's avatarRJOh

I was right Ontario pay structure is different daily, maybe states is like that to in places, then i see why people want this, In Alberta the structure is the same daily, so thats why this did not make a lot of sense to me,

Ohio has fixed payout amounts that never change but some states have pari-mutual payouts based on the number of winners at each prize level.

master-g

508   809     929  629 0029

2906 0629  006 606

Stack47

The Kentucky Lottery is one that gives the daily payout and winners on their home page. All the individual jackpot and secondary prize payouts are shown under "game details" for games like PB, MM, Cash Ball, etc. The drawings are held at 11 PM and  some nights it takes up to a half hour before the results appear on their website. Since most lotteries sites don't release the final daily payouts, it would be next to impossible for Todd or anyone else to publish that data right after the drawing.

Kentucky Cash Ball payout chart:

$1.00 Wager $0.50 Wager
Match
Type
Prize
Amount
Winners Prize
Amount
Winners
4 of 4 + Cash Ball $200,000 0 $100,000 0
4 of 4 $2,000 0 $1,000 0
3 of 4 + Cash Ball $300 1 $150 14
3 of 4 $50 84 $25 16
2 of 4 + Cash Ball $26 56 $13 37
2 of 4 $1 1842 $0.50 280
1 of 4 + Cash Ball $2 427 $1 62
0 of 4 + Cash Ball $2 702 $1 96
jarasan's avatarjarasan

Quote: Originally posted by Stack47 on Oct 20, 2011

The Kentucky Lottery is one that gives the daily payout and winners on their home page. All the individual jackpot and secondary prize payouts are shown under "game details" for games like PB, MM, Cash Ball, etc. The drawings are held at 11 PM and  some nights it takes up to a half hour before the results appear on their website. Since most lotteries sites don't release the final daily payouts, it would be next to impossible for Todd or anyone else to publish that data right after the drawing.

Kentucky Cash Ball payout chart:

$1.00 Wager $0.50 Wager
Match
Type
Prize
Amount
Winners Prize
Amount
Winners
4 of 4 + Cash Ball $200,000 0 $100,000 0
4 of 4 $2,000 0 $1,000 0
3 of 4 + Cash Ball $300 1 $150 14
3 of 4 $50 84 $25 16
2 of 4 + Cash Ball $26 56 $13 37
2 of 4 $1 1842 $0.50 280
1 of 4 + Cash Ball $2 427 $1 62
0 of 4 + Cash Ball $2 702 $1 96

Me too, I thought it was going to give the number of winners breakdown,  in MD I can get the prize breakdown for eg. for P3/P4 BM5 etc. winners how many winning tix were sold. I can this info but    I have to go to one of my customer lottery terminals and print it out.  For me it isn't super important to know how many people hit everyday,  I like to see it when I hit so I get an idea of how heavily played that number was.

Bottom line is this if you don't know the prizes by now...........why are you playing?????????

What?

Todd's avatarTodd

I know it's hard to imagine for some, but a great number of people don't know or remember all the payouts, so this information is very much appeciated by many.

Plus, your particular state may use fixed payouts, but other states do not.  Hopefully you can picture how the payout amounts would be of paramount importance to people in other states.

Finally, I know I've mentioned it in another reply, but I guess it's worth repeating:  the payout amounts are not related to the total payouts, as they are used in entirely different ways.  Yes, it would be interesting for some people to see the total payouts for the state, but (a) it is not available in many states, and (b) the prize payouts have been requested 10000 times as often as the total payouts have.

Todd's avatarTodd

I may be adding a bit more prize payout information for numbers games (Pick 3/Pick 4), and I am looking for feedback for you all on the value of the new info vs. wouldit be too cluttered.

Please take a look and post some feedback here:  https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/238055

Raven62's avatarRaven62

Some States Publish the Drawing and Payout Information One Time: Then they Archive the Drawing Information, but Not the Payout Information. (Illinois)

Slick Nick's avatarSlick Nick

Todd is forever changing and improving Lottery Post. This is a great site for lottery players. I enjoy it!!!Smile

Todd's avatarTodd

Quote: Originally posted by Raven62 on Oct 21, 2011

Some States Publish the Drawing and Payout Information One Time: Then they Archive the Drawing Information, but Not the Payout Information. (Illinois)

Exactly!  One of the main reasons this info is so important to post here.

Many states also only keep the past year of results/payouts online, because after a year the tickets are expired.  (For some states it's only 6 months.)  LP always has available the full drawing history - for people who help support the site.

cbr$'s avatarcbr$

DanceGreat job Todd , the new information will be appeciated. Thanks.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story