$245 MILLION: Powerball lottery jackpot increased

Oct 30, 2011, 8:46 am (112 comments)

Powerball

Largest Powerball jackpot in more than a year

By Todd Northrop

There was no jackpot winner in the Saturday night drawing of the multi-state Powerball game, causing the grand prize to increase to an estimated $245 million for Wednesday's drawing.

Saturday was the 13th consecutive drawing without a jackpot winner.

The estimated cash value for the new jackpot is $146.2 million. After-tax cash and annuity prize amounts are reported state-by-state at USA Mega, a web site devoted to the Powerball and Mega Millions multi-state lottery games.

Players should note that jackpot amounts are conservative estimates provided by the lotteries, and are often somewhat higher by the time the drawing occurs.

Even though there were no jackpot winners, 12 lucky tickets matched the first five numbers for a $200,000 second-place prize: 3 from Florida, 1 from Kentucky, 1 from Louisiana, 1 from Massachusetts, 1 from New Jersey, 1 from New Mexico, 2 from New York, 1 from Oregon, and 1 from Pennsylvania.

The second prize ticket sold in Louisiana was purchased with the Power Play option, multiplying the prize to a sizeable $1 million.

64 tickets matched four white numbers plus the Powerball and won $10,000. Of those tickets, 7 also were purchased with the Power Play option, multiplying the prize by 5 for a total cash prize of $50,000.

The Powerball winning numbers for Saturday, October 29, were 11, 16, 40, 51, and 56, with Powerball number 38. The Power Play number was 5.

Wednesday's drawing will be the largest Powerball jackpot in more than 16 months.  On June 2, 2010, one Powerball ticket sold in Ohio won a $261.6 million Powerball jackpot, and the the winner claimed the prize anonymously.

When a Powerball ticket is purchased with the Power Play option for an extra $1 per ticket, any non-jackpot prize is multiplied from 2-5 times, depending on a computerized random number generated that evening. Second-place Power Play-enabled tickets matching five numbers but not the Powerball are always multiplied by 5 times, for a $1 million prize.

Powerball is now played in 42 states, plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Drawings are Wednesdays and Saturdays at 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

Powerball lottery results are published within minutes of the drawing at USA Mega.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

LottoGuyBC's avatarLottoGuyBC

Giddy Up White Bounce 

Good Luck All Cheers

MADDOG10's avatarMADDOG10

Yah - Hooo,  now 245 is my Lucky number.

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by MADDOG10 on Oct 30, 2011

Yah - Hooo,  now 245 is my Lucky number.

Good luck Maddog10! But I'm hoping my number comes up instead! 

White Bounce

Slick Nick's avatarSlick Nick

I would love to win the Mega or Powerball with one of my groups. Plus being a member of Lottery Post would certainly give it more promotion.Cheers

imash85

Wednesday can't come soon enough.Hyper

gocart1's avatargocart1

Quote: Originally posted by imash85 on Oct 30, 2011

Same here ""imash85"" ..All the dreams about winning and what would you do start running in your head..I really would be in shock for the first few days.People say , go get a dream team for your money .like a lawery. a finance guy tax guy and so on..the thing is ,if you never did this before ,who do you trust..Well best of luck again to al my LP friendsPartyUS FlagParty

sully16's avatarsully16

Am picking numbers already, good luck everyone.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Ladies and gentlemen...

It's Hammer Time.

Anixon11

Bout to win this 100 million dollars after taxes. That would get me and my family straight for life.SmileWink

ayenowitall's avatarayenowitall

I just recently discovered the jackpot analysis feature on USA Mega. Now, I know that I can expect to walk away with about $100,878,000 in cash after state and federal taxes when I win this thing on Wednesday. Thank you for the useful information, Todd. Okay, so I'm a little slow on the uptake....

Let's cash some tickets!

TheGameGrl's avatarTheGameGrl

Your milage may vary but its my understanding that at minimum 33%-35% is taken by the Govt, unless you know how to give much to charity and cover the rest thru investments. I personally only invest in family and local causes.

The jackpot will continue to rise as I see no reason for them to not pocket more money til the New Upcharge goes into effect in January.

My theory is this...some ole lady (hint: myself), will be out in a snow storm to get some milk...I'll scramble to find change stuck in one of the back seats...go get a $1 qp and it will be the winner. So invest in the milk industry :)

dk1421's avatardk1421

UGH! My dog ate my fortune from my fortune cookie which said "To Lotto or not. That is the question." I was going to use the numbers from the back, of which I remember 38, which I was going to use as the PB and a few of the others I think were in it, but not all. I would have won some money instead of none because of my hesitation!

delS

Quote: Originally posted by Anixon11 on Oct 30, 2011

Bout to win this 100 million dollars after taxes. That would get me and my family straight for life.SmileWink

Anixon11- This is enough money to make my wife and I, my adult children, my grand kids, and their kids straight for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Lol

Quote: Originally posted by TheGameGrl on Oct 30, 2011

Your milage may vary but its my understanding that at minimum 33%-35% is taken by the Govt, unless you know how to give much to charity and cover the rest thru investments. I personally only invest in family and local causes.

The jackpot will continue to rise as I see no reason for them to not pocket more money til the New Upcharge goes into effect in January.

My theory is this...some ole lady (hint: myself), will be out in a snow storm to get some milk...I'll scramble to find change stuck in one of the back seats...go get a $1 qp and it will be the winner. So invest in the milk industry :)

That was a funny one Gamegirl...lol  Big Smile

seanp

With that kind of money, I can buy a Bugatti, Royce, Bentley, Ferrari a private jet and invest many millions. Imagine I won that. Oh man just the thought of winning it only makes me feel good. But God is good. It ain't impossible for me to win. I don't mind sharing the jackpot with two or three people. The excitement is rising. Let it roll two more times

seanp

No, This is coming to Brooklyn, New York. Sorry bro better luck next times

Quote: Originally posted by seanp on Oct 30, 2011

I dunno Sean, I'm confident some of that dough is drifting to Rochester, Come on!!!Hyper

seanp

M

Matter of fact, I hope we both win it. I really don't mind sharing the jackpot with other winners. You never know. It can happen as long as you bought a couple of ticket and believe in it.

I wouldn't mind sharing either. I run a few group lotteries. It's nice to share.. Good luck to all.Hurray!

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Quote: Originally posted by dk1421 on Oct 30, 2011

UGH! My dog ate my fortune from my fortune cookie which said "To Lotto or not. That is the question." I was going to use the numbers from the back, of which I remember 38, which I was going to use as the PB and a few of the others I think were in it, but not all. I would have won some money instead of none because of my hesitation!

HEHEHEHE GOOD DOGGIE !!!Hurray!

seanp

Quote: Originally posted by Slick Nick on Oct 30, 2011

I wouldn't mind sharing either. I run a few group lotteries. It's nice to share.. Good luck to all.Hurray!

Thanks man. Remember eventhough you don't this time, it doesn't matter because the game goes on and the dream stay alive.

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

Its enough money to buy a small ranch and hire a bunch of workers then live a quiet life till amageddon or the big one that will wipeout humanity.

I would love to win that. Good luck guys.

Anixon11

Winning all this money i would become a billionaire one day. i wouldn't just sit around all day spending money and having too much freetime. Invest in businesses and own your own companies.

freeobama's avatarfreeobama

$1 for $93.5 million after taxes!Green laugh

KSplayer's avatarKSplayer

Quote: Originally posted by imash85 on Oct 30, 2011

I Agree!

Good Luck Everyone!

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

Quote: Originally posted by freeobama on Oct 30, 2011

$1 for $93.5 million after taxes!Green laugh

New York first Powerball jackpot was won with A SINGLE LINE.  The person played $1 QUICK PICK.  Good Luck everybody.  "IMAGINATION IS A PREVIEW OF LIFE'S COMING ATTRACTIONS".  I IMAGINE MYSELF WINNING A LOTTERY JACKPOT SOME DAY.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Winning all this money i would become a billionaire one day. i wouldn't just sit around all day spending money and having too much freetime. Invest in businesses and own your own companies.

The Mayan Calendar says the world is going to end December 21st of next year, so why invest? Party like a wild man gone insane!

zinniagirl's avatarzinniagirl

Here I thought I was going to win last night...   Bought a quick pick and it had the same numbers I have played for 20 years.   That will never happen again.

Anyway,  my one quick pick is in hand for wednesday.    Good luck to all.   May your dream come true.

cbr$'s avatarcbr$

Partyquick- picks are sounding better and better by the moment. I wouldn't  mind giving up the 33% to the goverment  all you need is some proof of gambling losses to get part of that back. beside I'm sitting here thinking about the W2G tax forms already in my hands for part of this powerball money. Good Luck to all the LP members.

CAL-LottoPlayer

Quote: Originally posted by LottoGuyBC on Oct 30, 2011

Giddy Up White Bounce 

Good Luck All Cheers

Every single state around California (except Nevada) plays Powerball.  How come I can't play Powerball?!   Disapprove

I'm really startin' to feel left out here.  Confused

Maybe I should drive (8 hours) to Arizona and play a few... hundred.   Big Smile

Maybe if no one wins on Wednesday I'll actually do it.

gocart1's avatargocart1

Quote: Originally posted by dk1421 on Oct 30, 2011

Does this mean that your dog is papertrainedPartyUS FlagParty

petergrfn

C'mon be realistic...$100 Million is barely enough for one person. Big Smile  (At least that's what the "Lottery Curse" would have you believe....I mean after you buy that $20 Million mansion and a vacation home for another $10 million....then develop a $20,000 a week drug habit...and the new "wife" takes half in the divorce you will barely have a couple of Million!  HAHAHA  Just kidding Good Luck and Dream Big!   Boy the hellacious party I could have with $100 Million.....I wonder if I called Jim Beam could I get a bulk price on some barrels of Bourbon?? LOL.... And it's Party Time!Banana

CAL-LottoPlayer

Quote: Originally posted by petergrfn on Oct 30, 2011

C'mon be realistic...$100 Million is barely enough for one person. Big Smile  (At least that's what the "Lottery Curse" would have you believe....I mean after you buy that $20 Million mansion and a vacation home for another $10 million....then develop a $20,000 a week drug habit...and the new "wife" takes half in the divorce you will barely have a couple of Million!  HAHAHA  Just kidding Good Luck and Dream Big!   Boy the hellacious party I could have with $100 Million.....I wonder if I called Jim Beam could I get a bulk price on some barrels of Bourbon?? LOL.... And it's Party Time!Banana

The answer to the "Lottery Curse" is anonymity. Hire a lawyer and use a blind trust if your state will allow it. Some state lottery officials "say" you can't be anonymous, but their state law may say otherwise. Fight to remain anonymous. Live in an enclosed community. If you can't collect your winnings anonymously, then you really are set to receive the Lottery Curse. One answer to the Lottery Curse if you can't remain anonymous is to... become a lawyer. Yes, that's right. If you can't bet 'em, join 'em. Defending yourself would be free and no one would mess with you. As to any future wives, the prenuptial is your answer.

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

I'M wishing it going to be my group I'm in. Small town USA wins big Jackpot..It's a long shot,50.00 dollars worth of tickets with power play. But at least we have a chance to win,that's all it will take to hit it big...A CHANCE....LUCK TOO!

Remember,if you don't play,you will never have a chance to win it. Going to be big tickets sales in all the states that sell POWERBALL...

TRUEBELIEVER's avatarTRUEBELIEVER

To me their is no lottery curse cause if you read the stories about the people who got into trouble and did drugs  and other stuff. where already doing those things or have before and where just overall bad people. or tried to live big and out of their lifestyle

Basically if your a drunk and a drug user then youll do more drugs and drink more if all you do is fish and watch football likely you wont  start drinking and doing drugs and living at strip clubs. so all money does is inhaces what you already do or dont do. 

so if you have some kinda plan and consult a lawyer when you win and keep a account youll be fine and be your self.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by TRUEBELIEVER on Oct 30, 2011

To me their is no lottery curse cause if you read the stories about the people who got into trouble and did drugs  and other stuff. where already doing those things or have before and where just overall bad people. or tried to live big and out of their lifestyle

Basically if your a drunk and a drug user then youll do more drugs and drink more if all you do is fish and watch football likely you wont  start drinking and doing drugs and living at strip clubs. so all money does is inhaces what you already do or dont do. 

so if you have some kinda plan and consult a lawyer when you win and keep a account youll be fine and be your self.

Some drunks are cool.

Not General Grant though.

He was a nasty drunk.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by TRUEBELIEVER on Oct 30, 2011

Some times decent peple who come into a lot of money suddenly attract bad people and if they hang around them long enough they will become just like them if they're not already.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by CAL-LottoPlayer on Oct 30, 2011

Every single state around California (except Nevada) plays Powerball.  How come I can't play Powerball?!   Disapprove

I'm really startin' to feel left out here.  Confused

Maybe I should drive (8 hours) to Arizona and play a few... hundred.   Big Smile

Maybe if no one wins on Wednesday I'll actually do it.

"How come I can't play Powerball?!   Disapprove"

Governor Moonbeam is waiting for the precise optimal Planetary alignment.

And the go-ahead from Linda Ronstadt.

weshar75's avatarweshar75

Well the jackpot is coming to mcminnville oregon home of the sprucegoose.  I will be glad to accept this jackpot and take home the winnings for myself. No need to cry their is always another pot in a few months to claim.  So relax and let me have this one off your hands.-weshar75

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by weshar75 on Oct 30, 2011

Well the jackpot is coming to mcminnville oregon home of the sprucegoose.  I will be glad to accept this jackpot and take home the winnings for myself. No need to cry their is always another pot in a few months to claim.  So relax and let me have this one off your hands.-weshar75

I hope you win weshar and I ask absolutely nothing in return if you do except for ten million dollars.

Tax free.

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Oct 30, 2011

Some times decent peple who come into a lot of money suddenly attract bad people and if they hang around them long enough they will become just like them if they're not already.

This is so true! There are moochers out there who will manipulate you until you are drained of money and then they disappear. You've got to learn to say no and mean it. Along with a very good team consisting of an estate atty, a CPA, and a Financial Advisor, I would add an assertiveness training class. 

This sure would be a nice jackpot to bring home. Lots of good things could be done with that money for my family and for our fave charities. I believe I am up for that challenge! Come on jackpot!

nickey t's avatarnickey t

Thudi'm going to pass out and faint for seven minutes on wednesday around 11:01pm ... who should i thank? "I'd like to thank God, I'd like to thank lotterypost and all of you who played for helping me realize my dream" ... whew ... I'm super excited to win .. I have so much to do, get attorneys that do estates/taxes/realestate/financial planning to claim for me and then help me pay off all of my debts! I really wish all of you the best of luck for ANOTHER drawing, but this one here, is mine mine mine, all mine!!!okay? good .. don't worry, I'll keep putting in my weekly $2 to ensure you have a nice pot when YOU win!!

Hurray!

Number19King's avatarNumber19King

After getting the first 3 numbers exact...I just knew I had won the Powerball!lol

CAL-LottoPlayer

Quote: Originally posted by nickey t on Oct 30, 2011

Thudi'm going to pass out and faint for seven minutes on wednesday around 11:01pm ... who should i thank? "I'd like to thank God, I'd like to thank lotterypost and all of you who played for helping me realize my dream" ... whew ... I'm super excited to win .. I have so much to do, get attorneys that do estates/taxes/realestate/financial planning to claim for me and then help me pay off all of my debts! I really wish all of you the best of luck for ANOTHER drawing, but this one here, is mine mine mine, all mine!!!okay? good .. don't worry, I'll keep putting in my weekly $2 to ensure you have a nice pot when YOU win!!

Hurray!

LOL.  Are you in for a let down.  Thud

adamc224

Well good luck to everyone!!! Let the good Lord shine his blessing on your life. Hopefully mine too!!! But has anyone noticed... a large jackpot at the end of the year before they change to $2.00 tickets?! It may roll one more time. And I would love to win in Tennessee! But after remembering something "The Dragon Lady" -Quoting Ridge-runner will get all the credit and not get the boot! Think I'll play more tickets in GA! Ha Ha Good luck to all

brucevang

I wish me and 9 other people win this jackpot giving each of us atleast 10 million dollar after tax. That way me and those 9 other people and their family will be set for life and not just one person winning it all.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

I am hoping that 1 person wins! That will give the Greed of Envy (Occupy Wall Street) Crowd another myocardial infarction !

............... and of course Pennsylvania(Scottdale)  is due to hit very big !

You may say why reveal my town? ..................... it will be revealed anyway ............. no more info than necessary !

Lep I will be going "green" by purchasing a Bentley that is flexfuel and can run on E85 !!!! ....... and with about $95,000,000 after Federal confiscation ! No State tax on lottery winnings in PA !

Quote: Originally posted by nickey t on Oct 30, 2011

Hurray!

Do not get too excited things can turn very cold.Bang Head  ................$1 and a Goal!

earthdragon72

Its coming my way yeah baby its coming!!! Come baby baby come!!!

Momma needs to pay off student loans over 200,000.Big Grin

CashWinner$

$!$!$ Holy Smokes $!$!$

+ Best Of Luck Everyone +

sandia's avatarsandia

After taxes (according to the list Todd has on his page, allow me to make a few +/-, arithmetic on that...LOL,no offence Todd, I just like covering ALL of my bases), that would be about $80 - $90 million! Well, student loans are getting paid and maybe, a Ph.D degree, for the sake of self achievement.  New toys? Okay, maybe a nice in shape hmm, 2008 BMW, yeah, that would do. A nice home, no need to go over the board, anything more than $500,000 is just asking for trouble. Of course, my brother can have his student loans paid off as well not to mention, get his Master's degree if he so chooses. My parents, they finally get their house paid off, and the opportunity to travel, they have not done so in the longest time. My fiance's student loans (not that much) but hey, it will give us the opportunity to start on a clean slate, debt free. The rest of the money, will have to be invested, set aside, diversified and, most imprortantly, a few charities dear and close to my heart, I give the best I can, time and money but, with such a windfall, what a difference THAT would make. Oh, to dream! Well, best of luck to everybody and do not overlook the Mega Millions draw of tomorrow, that amount is nothing to sneeeze at, either.

Good luck everybody and may a derserving person win.

Okay, back to work with me, I still have a job to go to until my WINDFALL, God willing/luck willing, rains on me.

Kidzmom's avatarKidzmom

Let's see:Gotta be in it to win it....Name it then claim it....

good luck everyone!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by adamc224 on Oct 31, 2011

Well good luck to everyone!!! Let the good Lord shine his blessing on your life. Hopefully mine too!!! But has anyone noticed... a large jackpot at the end of the year before they change to $2.00 tickets?! It may roll one more time. And I would love to win in Tennessee! But after remembering something "The Dragon Lady" -Quoting Ridge-runner will get all the credit and not get the boot! Think I'll play more tickets in GA! Ha Ha Good luck to all

That's right but I've been advised not to comment on anything related to anything like that at the risk of having my head stomped into a fine pulp and the rest of my carcass thrown into a chipper like that guy did in that movie "Fargo".

So I ain't sayin nothin.

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Oct 31, 2011

I am hoping that 1 person wins! That will give the Greed of Envy (Occupy Wall Street) Crowd another myocardial infarction !

............... and of course Pennsylvania(Scottdale)  is due to hit very big !

You may say why reveal my town? ..................... it will be revealed anyway ............. no more info than necessary !

Lep I will be going "green" by purchasing a Bentley that is flexfuel and can run on E85 !!!! ....... and with about $95,000,000 after Federal confiscation ! No State tax on lottery winnings in PA !

E85 is as much a hoax as global warming carbon credits. I had an F-150 with E85. As soon as I put that stuff in the tank, my onboard computer recalculated my mpg down by 40%. With that Bentley, that means your mpg will be 1. Skeptical

Good luck everyone! If I'm not the winner this time, I hope it is one of you!

adamc224

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Oct 31, 2011

That's right but I've been advised not to comment on anything related to anything like that at the risk of having my head stomped into a fine pulp and the rest of my carcass thrown into a chipper like that guy did in that movie "Fargo".

So I ain't sayin nothin.

True, but I was thinking more along the lines of Goodfellas... talk smack, get beat, wrapped in a table cloth, and get buried somewhere in the Nashville area.... I am so sorry Ridge I've said too much!

surimaribo24's avatarsurimaribo24

Quote: Originally posted by seanp on Oct 30, 2011

sorry buddy its gonna go passed brooklyn and go tours long island this time hahaha

CrazyHazyYay!'s avatarCrazyHazyYay!

Lol, I want to say "Good Luck" to everybody, but I know deep down inside I'm thinking "More Luck for Me!" I know some of y'all are thinking the same thing! Anyway, I'll set up a poll on LotteryPost.com to ask what I should name my blind trust after I win the whole thing! And then some of y'all can at least get some consolation knowing you helped a lottery winner avoid the "Lottery Curse!" Happy Halloween and Happy Powerball Drawing on Wednesday!

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

White BounceBananaHurray! L@@K's LIKE WE GOT    Hurray!BananaWhite Bounce

greed  >> sin >> corruption >> envy >> temptation

and

LOTTERY FEVER again$ again$ AGAIN

not >>>>>>AGAIN$$$@@$$$@@$$$

maby but not MEeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

PartyPartyDrumBatBatDrumPartyParty

Jack-in-the-Box

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Oct 31, 2011

E85 is as much a hoax as global warming carbon credits. I had an F-150 with E85. As soon as I put that stuff in the tank, my onboard computer recalculated my mpg down by 40%. With that Bentley, that means your mpg will be 1. Skeptical

Good luck everyone! If I'm not the winner this time, I hope it is one of you!

I was kinda' being sarcastic about the E85 ................ I really want an expensive car so that I can drive past the lazy, good for nothing, Greed of Envy, Occupy Pittsburgh lowlifes !!!!!!!! Just saw a 14 year old on TV that employs 2 other 14 year old's in his computer repair business! Last nite I saw a nice young man & his wife, both of whom grew up in the projests purchasing a $1,000,000 + home. He started his business with $50 & and created an new kind of Internet Business. Instead of protesting, the Occupy Morons should make their own work!

We need more millionaires, not more protesters!

When I win, the $95,000,000 or so will be mine and nobody's to protest!

I have investment ideas and charity ideas that are mine to do with a nice Lottey Jackpot!

US Flag Greatgrandpap came here with nothing more than 1 piece of baggage and a great work ethic combined with ideas & made a decent living!

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Oct 31, 2011

I was kinda' being sarcastic about the E85 ................ I really want an expensive car so that I can drive past the lazy, good for nothing, Greed of Envy, Occupy Pittsburgh lowlifes !!!!!!!! Just saw a 14 year old on TV that employs 2 other 14 year old's in his computer repair business! Last nite I saw a nice young man & his wife, both of whom grew up in the projests purchasing a $1,000,000 + home. He started his business with $50 & and created an new kind of Internet Business. Instead of protesting, the Occupy Morons should make their own work!

We need more millionaires, not more protesters!

When I win, the $95,000,000 or so will be mine and nobody's to protest!

I have investment ideas and charity ideas that are mine to do with a nice Lottey Jackpot!

US Flag Greatgrandpap came here with nothing more than 1 piece of baggage and a great work ethic combined with ideas & made a decent living!

They grew up in the projects, not the projests !!!!!!!

Sorry !

Soze75

Hi all, new member from Canada, 1st post,

My friend likes to head down to Washington State for a weekly gas fill up so I'm flipping him $20 tomorrow to get me a Powerball ticket for both the Wednesday and Saturday draws.

Although the federal and state Uncle Sams would deduct about 55% of my winnings (Federal with-holding tax 30%, not exactly sure what WA state taxes are, I'm guessing 25%)  I'm sure I'd be able to make due with 65 million or so.

Hope y'all won't be too upset with me winning 'your' national lottery. I'd be sure to donate a mil or so to a handful of washington State charities.

Good luck to all, bring on the millions!

Soze75

I think this jackpot is going to a winner in the middle of nowhere! maybe a western town with a population of 300 people.Banana

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

Quote: Originally posted by psykomo on Oct 31, 2011

and

Jack-in-the-Box

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

" POWERBALL"  JACKPOT

BatBatBat   CheersLepCheers   BatBatBat

Party Party2011     PartyParty   

Jack-in-the-Box

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Soze75 on Oct 31, 2011

My friend likes to head down to Washington State for a weekly gas fill up so I'm flipping him $20 tomorrow to get me a Powerball ticket for both the Wednesday and Saturday draws.

Although the federal and state Uncle Sams would deduct about 55% of my winnings (Federal with-holding tax 30%, not exactly sure what WA state taxes are, I'm guessing 25%)  I'm sure I'd be able to make due with 65 million or so.

Hope y'all won't be too upset with me winning 'your' national lottery. I'd be sure to donate a mil or so to a handful of washington State charities.

Soze75

Hi Soze75, Welcome to Lottery Post and Best of Luck to you!LepYes NodThumbs Up

Thanks for the $20 donation to my JP too!

Courtlicious

Quote: Originally posted by Soze75 on Oct 31, 2011

Soze75

Sorry to burst your bubble but you cant buy Powerball tickets for Saturday until after Wednesdays draw! In Washington State there are no state taxes on lottery winnings. Federal taxes would do the damage. Good luck to Everyone. I cant play the Powerball in California! :(

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Courtlicious on Oct 31, 2011

Sorry to burst your bubble but you cant buy Powerball tickets for Saturday until after Wednesdays draw! In Washington State there are no state taxes on lottery winnings. Federal taxes would do the damage. Good luck to Everyone. I cant play the Powerball in California! :(

"...you cant buy Powerball tickets for Saturday until after Wednesdays draw!"

They don't have multi-draw in Washington?

Courtlicious

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Nov 1, 2011

"...you cant buy Powerball tickets for Saturday until after Wednesdays draw!"

They don't have multi-draw in Washington?

Not to my knowledge, but I could be wrong.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Courtlicious on Nov 1, 2011

Not to my knowledge, but I could be wrong.

Wow, that would suck.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

BTW, Welcome to Lottery Post, Courtlicious, Best of Luck to You!LepYes NodThumbs Up

s5thomps's avatars5thomps

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Nov 1, 2011

Wow, that would suck.

Actually Ridge they do have multi-draw in Washington. You can purchase advance tickets for up to 10 drawings in Washington. I would not concern myself to much about it though, because I have a "feeling" about Wednsday. Smile

"You make a living by what you get, You make a LIFE by what you give!"

Sir Winston Churchill

Quote: Originally posted by freeobama on Oct 31, 2011

I think this jackpot is going to a winner in the middle of nowhere! maybe a western town with a population of 300 people.Banana

I Agree!

I live in one of those towns Big Grin Angel

louise black

Quote: Originally posted by earthdragon72 on Oct 31, 2011

Its coming my way yeah baby its coming!!! Come baby baby come!!!

Momma needs to pay off student loans over 200,000.Big Grin

Calm, calm yourself !Bananaearthdragon72 your getting a little erotic, not that i can blame you. Because all of us want to get up close and personal with this Jackpot!LoviesHopfully that momma will be me.LOL

Morbius

I tried searching but my "google-fu" is lacking, how does this jackpots cash option rank in number, ie 15th/16th largest etc etc., anyone have a list?

Just got 2 mega millions tickets for tonight.$2 for 36 million after taxes awesome,either jackpot will satisfy me lol!Dance

alexnt55

As far as i could tell this is the 3rd biggest cash option since 2003 for the powerball drawing. I didnt check the mega million jackpots.

haymaker's avatarhaymaker

jackpot this size is likely to be won by a pool.

when the're big new pools are started for ea. game.

Soze75

Ah what a day. As of Friday I no longer have a job. Half of my co-workers on their way out as well.

C'mon Powerball, allow me to retire before Friday please!

dk1421's avatardk1421

So sorry to hear, Soze75!! Maybe you guys should do a pool - a buck each.

But if you win - don't forget me!

Its time for a north carolina win its mine and im picking the number as  i type this now  but ill wish everyone good luck :)

i also bought the pool tickets today also so im in as many was as possible

my pool goes

when its over 100 mil cost $1.00

200 mil cost $2.00

300 mil cost $3.00

and so on

Good luck Everyone

earthdragon72

Its mine come to me my precious!!!

Guitar

Carl8080

Wow California got the Mega Millions last night that means that someone will win the Powerball tonight. I was hoping that the mega would hit the 100 millions mark.

Quote: Originally posted by Carl8080 on Nov 2, 2011

Wow California got the Mega Millions last night that means that someone will win the Powerball tonight. I was hoping that the mega would hit the 100 millions mark.

I was surprised too ..... but que sera sera

That means New York will hit the powerball tonight!Bang Head

jjtheprince

I have a feeling that there will definitely be a winner tonight.

Quote: Originally posted by jjtheprince on Nov 2, 2011

I have a feeling that there will definitely be a winner tonight.

I Agree! People who do not play will play to win $245mill jackpot!

Roll Eyes ye of little faith ....

its not over till the final ball is drawn and all is documented and the winner/s are discovered and relentlessly hounded  Roll Eyes

heres to hoping it hits here in VA

RJOh's avatarRJOh

After reading about scum bags taking advantage of lottery jackpot winners and the problems they have staying anonymous, I'm wondering if  it's wise to play tonight and chance winning such a large jackpot.

Carl8080

You could  only hope, but I think it will be one of those small states or most likely Florida.  Florida is the California version of mega millions, they always seem to win the big powerball Jackpot.

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Nov 2, 2011

After reading about scum bags taking advantage of lottery jackpot winners and the problems they have staying anonymous, I'm wondering if  it's wise to play tonight and chance winning such a large jackpot.

I'm willing to give it a chance. So, RJOh, if you win tonight, send me your ticket.  Thumbs Up

Simba774

Let's see how this turns out tonight. The Mega Millions was just won in California. Again. Let's see if New York gets the PB. Again. I would love for my non NY family to get lucky tonight, but we'll see.

Good Luck to everyone tonight!! 

Can't say i wouldn't mind winning a big jackpot like this plus in Kansas you don't have to release your name so that would make it easier to keep out of the media.

MichaelEads

Just wanted to say I am going to win the $245 mill tonight,,,,,,,,,TYThumbs Up

Anixon11

Tonight theres going to be close to 2 million winning prizes, but who's gonna win the biggest prize(The Jackpot)....MEEE!

sandia's avatarsandia

Oh my, the drawing has taken place. Good luck everyone. To all those with student loan debts, mortgage payments, credit card debts, medical bills, lost 401k's, I wish you all luck, good luck everyone!

Quote: Originally posted by sandia on Nov 2, 2011

Oh my, the drawing has taken place. Good luck everyone. To all those with student loan debts, mortgage payments, credit card debts, medical bills, lost 401k's, I wish you all luck, good luck everyone!

Thanks Sandia! But I have a feeling this one is gone. Hope it's more than 1 winner. Probally a lottery pool. Sure wasn't me. Could be another LP member though. Maybe Ridge, Im sure he would spread the love around in Tennessee. Thud

gocart1's avatargocart1

OK ...Just a few more minutes and we'll see if it rolled again...

Todd's avatarTodd

Wow, 1 winner from Connecticut!

(JonnyBgood07?)  Wink

gocart1's avatargocart1

Quote: Originally posted by gocart1 on Nov 2, 2011

OK ...Just a few more minutes and we'll see if it rolled again...

OK....I ticket in ct won.......guess i  gotta go to work tomorrow

C0w Pi3

Nevermind was looking at the wrong section!

sandia's avatarsandia

Quote: Originally posted by gocart1 on Nov 3, 2011

OK....I ticket in ct won.......guess i  gotta go to work tomorrow

Wow, the lucky, lucky person(s). I really hoped it would be someone from Texas at least, yes, I am from Texas. Well, may they enjoy their fortune and may it bring happiness to them.

Oh well, work tomorrow, here I come.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by s5thomps on Nov 2, 2011

Thanks Sandia! But I have a feeling this one is gone. Hope it's more than 1 winner. Probally a lottery pool. Sure wasn't me. Could be another LP member though. Maybe Ridge, Im sure he would spread the love around in Tennessee. Thud

I have quite a few ex-wives who hold the opinion that I've already spread quite a bit of love around Tennessee.

They even told the judge that.

They just didn't understand me.

Carl8080

<snip> someone from CT won it. I am tired of picking quick picks they don't even come close. Looks like someone will be taking home at least 90+ mills after taxes. 

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Nov 3, 2011

I have quite a few ex-wives who hold the opinion that I've already spread quite a bit of love around Tennessee.

They even told the judge that.

They just didn't understand me.

You crack me up Ridge! I guess my "Pain Free" retirement plan is out the window for now.... Congrats to the winner/s up in Connecticut. I'm sure those ex's would come out the wood work if you hit the big one! Good Luck and keep on playin....got to be in it 2 win it.  At this point I got way 2 much in it, so I might as well win it! Hell I'll even take a pick four or Fantasy five at this point!            LOL

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by s5thomps on Nov 3, 2011

You crack me up Ridge! I guess my "Pain Free" retirement plan is out the window for now.... Congrats to the winner/s up in Connecticut. I'm sure those ex's would come out the wood work if you hit the big one! Good Luck and keep on playin....got to be in it 2 win it.  At this point I got way 2 much in it, so I might as well win it! Hell I'll even take a pick four or Fantasy five at this point!            LOL

Pick 4 or Fantasy Five?

The highlight of the past month or so for me was a free small order of fries in McDonalds Monopoly Game.

And when I got 'em they were cold and hard, just like always.

Simba774

Quote: Originally posted by Carl8080 on Nov 3, 2011

<snip> someone from CT won it. I am tired of picking quick picks they don't even come close. Looks like someone will be taking home at least 90+ mills after taxes. 

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Where I do not live. Wow, I said it was probably going to be New York. Well, I was right. It's not NY, but it's somewhere close to it.

keepitreal

I didn't hit jackpot but someone from Michigan won $200,000. Maybe me I'll look at it later. I hope someone from lotterypost hit Powerball jackpot. Mega Millions winner won in CA for the last drawing.

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

Quote: Originally posted by psykomo on Oct 31, 2011

and

Jack-in-the-Box

CONGRAT'S 2 ALL LP PLAYER'$$$$$$

(hope (1) of "U" won this JackPot)

not MEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee maby U

NEXT   Jack-in-the-Box    TIME

JessicaFox

What is 245 million comparing to 380?

"Lottery winner claims half of $380 million

Washington state residents Rustam Katranov stepped forward on Thursday to claim his half of a $380 million prize during a Washington State Lottery news conference."

Quote: Originally posted by Todd on Nov 3, 2011

(JonnyBgood07?)  Wink

Green laugh good one Todd

Starr920

Quote: Originally posted by Todd on Nov 3, 2011

(JonnyBgood07?)  Wink

Guess we'll know for sure if Jonny doesn't show up for a few days LOL

Meanwhile 20 people won $200,000 and not one is from New Jersey!!! 

What's up with that?

Kicking Dirt

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Starr920 on Nov 3, 2011

Guess we'll know for sure if Jonny doesn't show up for a few days LOL

Meanwhile 20 people won $200,000 and not one is from New Jersey!!! 

What's up with that?

Kicking Dirt

That's become a way of life in Tennessee.

The Dragon Lady got a mojo hand.

Got the Governor in her hip pocket.

Got 'em talkin' 'bout cuttin' back on prizes all up in Nashville.

Watch her get a bonus now.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story