Georgia man turns trashed ticket into $250,000

Nov 18, 2011, 9:44 pm (15 comments)

Mega Millions

CUMMING, Ga. — Andrew Hunter, 24, turned his trash into cash when he picked up a discarded Mega Millions ticket.

When he realized he won $3 dollars for matching one number plus the Mega Ball number, he retrieved the ticket from the dumpsters at the end of his driveway and headed to the Quik Trip, 1655 Buford Highway in Cumming, Georgia.

Hunter, of Dawsonville, played his earnings on three "quick pik" numbers and scored.

The Taco Mac server won $250,000 on Tuesday's, Nov. 15 drawing. The notoriety is going well.

"It's kind of stressful in some ways, but it's a good stress. Having a lot of money that I didn't know I was going to have," Hunter said. "I got to figure out what to do with it."

Hunter said he is "pretty frugal" with his money, so a new car may not be pulling up to his driveway anytime soon. He does hope to invest the cash and maybe open a business.

"Opening a business is quite a possibility," Hunter said. "I want to own a beer brewery."

Winning numbers for the drawing were: 3-6-24-30-33 and the Mega Ball was 21.

News story photo(Click to display full-size in gallery)

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

Abdi's avatarAbdi

Waw! he couldn't have been more lucky!!,in this draw I got the Mega Ball which was 21 correct.I knew very well that 21 will come out as the Mega ball number!..

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

CONGRAT'$$$$$$$$$>>>>>>>>>>ANDREW>>>>>>>>>>>   US Flag

Tell "AWESOME BILL" >>>>>>>>>>PSYSOMO said HELLO

I Agree!  with U  "Andrew" start UR BREW PUB CheersBananaBananaCheers

Jack-in-the-Box        Drum         U got D >>>FABRIC>>>$$$

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

Quote: Originally posted by psykomo on Nov 18, 2011

CONGRAT'$$$$$$$$$>>>>>>>>>>ANDREW>>>>>>>>>>>   US Flag

Tell "AWESOME BILL" >>>>>>>>>>PSYSOMO said HELLO

I Agree!  with U  "Andrew" start UR BREW PUB CheersBananaBananaCheers

Jack-in-the-Box        Drum         U got D >>>FABRIC>>>$$$

congratulation'$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 2 each & ALL of our GREAT>>>>>>>>>>> SE >>>>FAN'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PSYKO forgives >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PSYKOMO forgives>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

our southern fans 4 lovin PSYSOMO>>>>>>

so>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MOUCH>>>>>>

Jack-in-the-Box   Drum

weshar75's avatarweshar75

Congrats on hitting the 5+0 for $250 grand that is the prize I would like to hit too if I can't hit the jackpot.-weshar75

Slick Nick's avatarSlick Nick

You have to double check those tickets....Congrats......See Ya!

petergrfn

Nice win. Esp. for someone as young as him...hopefully he will invest it wisely and be able to enjoy the money for a long time.  Otherwise I wonder if he needs a "Taster" for his beer factory?Cheers

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

I hope that the young man uses the money to realize the true American Dream !!!!!!

Working hard to make your own way in life ......... not coveting other's possessions !!!!!!!!

Drum

cbr$'s avatarcbr$

now, this story takes the cake, trash to cash wonderful . Congrat's to Mr. Hunter on his won.Hyper

LottoGuyBC's avatarLottoGuyBC

Congrats on turning trash into 250K Hurray!

Very Nice Cheers

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

$250k is Georgia and most of the southern states is enough to buy you a home and then some, I'm happy for him.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Abdi on Nov 18, 2011

Waw! he couldn't have been more lucky!!,in this draw I got the Mega Ball which was 21 correct.I knew very well that 21 will come out as the Mega ball number!..

How did you know very well what the Mega Ball number would be?

surimaribo24's avatarsurimaribo24

lucky guy . he followed the sign of his luck .

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Hey!

I'm from Pennsylvania .............. I must have lost the winning ticket from yesterday's Powerball Drawing !!!

Crazy

freeobama's avatarfreeobama

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Nov 20, 2011

Hey!

I'm from Pennsylvania .............. I must have lost the winning ticket from yesterday's Powerball Drawing !!!

Crazy

I hoped you had that $60 million dollar ticket.Big Grin

CashWinner$

Wow - Congratulations 2 ya !! Party

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story