$325 MILLION: Powerball lottery jackpot increased before draw date

Feb 10, 2012, 4:31 pm (214 comments)

Powerball

Will set US all-time record if no winner Saturday

By Todd Northrop

As a result of brisker than expected ticket sales, lottery officials announced today that the Powerball jackpot has been raised from $310 million to $325 million for Saturday's drawing.

The jackpot increase immediately launched Saturday's drawing to #9 on the United States all-time biggest jackpots list.  It will be the third-largest Powerball jackpot ever.  The jackpot's $202.9 million cash option is the highest in Powerball history.

With the new Powerball enhancements implemented in mid-January, the game has been redesigned to generate bigger jackpots and more millionaires.

The Powerball jackpot has been growing since Dec. 28 and has rolled 13 times.

If there is no Grand Prize winner Saturday night, the estimate for next Wednesday's drawing (Feb. 15, 2012) will be $415,000,000 — the largest lottery jackpot in United States history.

Powerball tickets are $2 per play.

Saturday's Powerball winning number results will be published at USA Mega (www.usamega.com) minutes after the 11:00 pm (Eastern Time) drawing takes place.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

dr65's avatardr65

Let's keep it real people. One ticket is all you need.

I overheard a guy making a remark along the lines that people will play PB this week and not have food the next. True.

I remember a craze awhile back when the jackpot got real big....the machines were smoking trying to print all of the tickets people were buying.

It rolled that day and I believe went out the next draw. Sales were more than brisk, they were steaming.

Don't go overboard. Remember the odds but also remember it takes one ticket to win. It's okay to dream but don't lose your friggin mind.

And that folks is the public service announcement for today.

Oh and btw, I'm not playing. Razz

rad242

If this rolls over which I think it will, it will definitely set a new record $400m plus!

dk1421's avatardk1421

Wow! "If there is no Grand Prize winner Saturday night, the estimate for next Wednesday's drawing (Feb. 15, 2012) will be $415,000,000 — the largest lottery jackpot in United States history."

That would be amazing! I almost want it to rollover just to see that, but I think I'll be happy with JUST $325,000,000!

Kumo's avatarKumo

On a whim, I stopped by one of our local convenience stores this afternoon and picked up a $2 QP. To my surprise the ticket read Est. CV of 202,900,000! Seems like it has been a while since I remember the lottery raising the level of the jackpot mid drawing. Someone is definitely going to be very happy this weekend. Good luck to all!

RJOh's avatarRJOh

If this jackpot roll several more times, it could reach a billion dollars.  If that happens, I could see MUSL putting a cap on it and adding more money to the 2nd place winners with powerplay.

WesternRedDoug

Like I said on the eve of the last drawing, this would be a great weekend to grab the MM or your state's local lotto jackpot and slip off into oblivion. Good luck. Don't go crazy.

joshuacloak's avatarjoshuacloak

the record cash jackpot is $240 million, which is currently held by Mega Millions

will mm could have it record broken, that will be fun to watch. the lottery fever buying of 400m plus jackpot!

anytime cash jackpot"real jackpot" gets above 200m, you have a epic jackpot on your hands!

am going to buy ether 2 or 3 tickets, as buy 5 bucks was my max for 300m jackpots , so i up my limit to 6 bucks  for now LOL.

if it rolls, , i up it to 10 bucks, 

i have to limit it to 10 bucks or 5 tickets max , even thro a 400m jackpot would more then likly make me get a 20 out LOL. we see if it rolls.

btw, that 415m is a low ball, just like 193.4 million cash jackpot was a lowball, any time jackpot gets above 300m,. they always Lowball  real amount,  and up it when near draw and had time to guest real total sells by end of draw, with a few days of selling to make a spot on guest.

i remb mm 240 cash jackpot, kept being upped like what 3 times before draw, and even atfer the draw, it was upped to final cash amount of 240, They just could not low ball it ever time :P

Kumo's avatarKumo

Quote: Originally posted by WesternRedDoug on Feb 10, 2012

Like I said on the eve of the last drawing, this would be a great weekend to grab the MM or your state's local lotto jackpot and slip off into oblivion. Good luck. Don't go crazy.

Completely agree. What a great time for other new lotto millionares to slip underneath the radar. :)

WesternRedDoug

Quote: Originally posted by Kumo on Feb 10, 2012

Completely agree. What a great time for other new lotto millionares to slip underneath the radar. :)

Yeah, expect as I posted it, it dawned on me how ridiculous the notion if "grabbing" a lotto jackpot is. Like, "ooh, this looks nice... I'll have one of those...and if there is room in the basket, go ahead and grab a lottery jackpot, too."

Oh well, silly thoughts. I knew what I meant.

Artist77's avatarArtist77

I agree and think anyone who wins the MM or any other lottery now will be (almost) ignored now till the big PB hits (so I will settle for MM).

haymaker's avatarhaymaker

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Feb 10, 2012

If this jackpot roll several more times, it could reach a billion dollars.  If that happens, I could see MUSL putting a cap on it and adding more money to the 2nd place winners with powerplay.

i like this ,but why would they do that instead of just building up the JP ?

LottoLin

I agree, people loose their heads when the Jackpot get really big. A friend from OK and I were just talking tonight, he said that he was at a place In OK on the I40 Interstate, and people were talking about how much they were playing for PB for Saturday, and it was Thousands of dollars, they were hoping to win something back or they wouldn't have any money for food the next week. Now Come On People, thats taking it to the crazy side or taking mortgages out on your home so that you think it's going to give you a edge. Play within you means, if you can only afford $4.00 on Powerball and $2.00 on Mega Millions then thats what it it is. Or don't play one of them, play the one you want to play the most that time and the next time play the other one. My husband and I have a set amount we play, we don't go over that amount no matter how high the pots get.

Good Luck to everyone Playing Mega Millions  tonight or those playing PowerBall on Saturday.

LottoLin

Nita & Bruce keep your fingers crossed that we get lucky and hit the PowerBallParty

VenomV12

I want to see a billion dollar jackpot, the media will lose their mind if that happens. I don't know how much I would throw at that, but it would be significant. 

There is a guy here in my town who no one really knows who he is, but everyday at the same store, he has slips already there, and plays thousands of dollars in 3 digit, 4 digit, Keno and other lottery every day. He played $8,000 in one day the clerk told me. I can only imagine how much money he is going to throw at this. 

If this hits $500 million I am going around the neighborhood and starting a lottery club.

I always could afford to play a little more but I never buy more than two Pb tickets per drawing (usually one). It only takes one.  But it seems to me I recall reading that a lot of winners seem to say they purchased  somewhere between $ 20-60 worth of tickets.  That is too much for me. I see more than a few people in DC (mostly retirement age) who look like they have little money playing some keno lottery game (maybe the same game with the horses on the screen? Does not interest me.) and spending $60 or more at once. Always shocks me.  Very hardcore players who give you a dirty look if you get in their way just to get your single ticket.

mcginnin56

Well, to all the naysayers, who just a short two weeks ago, didn't give Powerball a snowball's chance in hell of getting even close to a new jackpot level. It's like New England weather, not happy with it,........... just wait a short spell.     LOL

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Feb 10, 2012

Well, to all the naysayers, who just a short two weeks ago, didn't give Powerball a snowball's chance in hell of getting even close to a new jackpot level. It's like New England weather, not happy with it,........... just wait a short spell.     LOL

indeeed ......

but the next few days ought to get really interesting REAL quick .......

good luck to all and remember to becareful what ya wish for ...... Cheers

VenomV12

Quote: Originally posted by hearsetrax on Feb 10, 2012

indeeed ......

but the next few days ought to get really interesting REAL quick .......

good luck to all and remember to becareful what ya wish for ...... Cheers

Just out of curiousity did you happen to notice that your little avatar in your signature calling people stupid was incorrect (I will let you figure out which part is wrong)?

I mean I have to know if that was intentional because if it was not that is pretty hilarious.

Guru101's avatarGuru101

I believe it will roll at least 1 more time and hit $415 million, which will probably be $425 million come draw time. After that it still stands a good chance at rolling so we could be seeing a $550M jackpot very soon. $341 million cash option. lol

sandia's avatarsandia

Oh my.................!Scared.

Good luck hiding THAT kind of amount!  $203,000,000 which is about $132,000,000 (I am working on a tack bracket of 35%) If your state doesn't have state taxes we are talking about $150,000,000, just for the taking!

Oh my word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the heck is a soul supposed to do with such an amount?! On a second thought, wrong questionROFL 

As one member on this post mentioned, 1 ticket should suffice. I predict should anybody win this Saturday, it would be a single ticket holder. Should it roll over, it will still be a single ticket holder.

Now, WHY do I have a feeling that the lottery officials will PRESSURE the owner to do a press interview? No trusts, since they have to parade a winner and justify the increase in price in so doing?

Oh dear, this might turn out to be more than anybody would bargain for.

HAVE MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Scared

Should you be given a marvelous gift, share it with yourself first and see how it tastes THEN, share with those you see fit

- Sandia

MzDuffleBaglady's avatarMzDuffleBaglady

We had a winner here in Missouri , in my area, Party

,, total win, $1 million.

^5 , good luck to all players, game on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prizes Paid

You might be a winner! Remember, all winning tickets must be claimed within 180 days from the drawing date.

Powerball logo.

Wednesday, Feb 8, 2012     17-28-38-39-51 PB: 33     

Numbers Matched Number of MO Prizes $$ Won in MO Number of
MO Power
Play Prizes
Power Play $$ Won in MO
5 White balls & Powerball 0 Jackpot - -
5 White balls 1 $1,000,000 0 $2,000,000
4 White balls & Powerball 1 $10,000 0 $40,000
4 White balls 43 $100 1 $200
3 White balls & Powerball 83 $100 2 $200
3 White balls 2,321 $7 131 $14
2 White balls & Powerball 1,250 $7 57 $14
1 White ball & Powerball 7,995 $4 431 $12
0 White balls & Powerball 15,966 $4 893 $12
Total MO Winners (without Power Play): 27,660 Total Won: $1,143,441
Total MO Winners (with Power Play): 1,515 Total Won: $19,120
Grand Total MO Winners: 29,175 Grand Total Won: $1,162,561
Kumo's avatarKumo

Quote: Originally posted by sandia on Feb 10, 2012

Oh my.................!Scared.

Good luck hiding THAT kind of amount!  $203,000,000 which is about $132,000,000 (I am working on a tack bracket of 35%) If your state doesn't have state taxes we are talking about $150,000,000, just for the taking!

Oh my word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the heck is a soul supposed to do with such an amount?! On a second thought, wrong questionROFL 

As one member on this post mentioned, 1 ticket should suffice. I predict should anybody win this Saturday, it would be a single ticket holder. Should it roll over, it will still be a single ticket holder.

Now, WHY do I have a feeling that the lottery officials will PRESSURE the owner to do a press interview? No trusts, since they have to parade a winner and justify the increase in price in so doing?

Oh dear, this might turn out to be more than anybody would bargain for.

HAVE MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Scared

Should you be given a marvelous gift, share it with yourself first and see how it tastes THEN, share with those you see fit

- Sandia

Maybe so, but in many states it is clearly written in the rules that a winner may claim either by trust, corporation or even anonymously. They have to follow those rules.

Despite the possible pressure, any winner that has already had a gameplan in mind should definitely stick to it.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Guru101 on Feb 10, 2012

I believe it will roll at least 1 more time and hit $415 million, which will probably be $425 million come draw time. After that it still stands a good chance at rolling so we could be seeing a $550M jackpot very soon. $341 million cash option. lol

I Agree!

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

Quote: Originally posted by VenomV12 on Feb 10, 2012

Just out of curiousity did you happen to notice that your little avatar in your signature calling people stupid was incorrect (I will let you figure out which part is wrong)?

I mean I have to know if that was intentional because if it was not that is pretty hilarious.

I Agree! and I giggle each time I read it!

Grovel's avatarGrovel

Todd, if I win can i get some sort of icon under my user  name?

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

i dont know what your talking about Wink

but back tto topic, looks from that payout chat from MO that 1 in 20 people are paying for the power play in MO at least

Babel

Quote: Originally posted by Grovel on Feb 10, 2012

Todd, if I win can i get some sort of icon under my user  name?

I vote for it to be a bullseye. Cool

This is a nice increase on the jackpot, it'll cover the high rise condo in an income tax free state that I have my eye on!

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Feb 10, 2012

i dont know what your talking about Wink

but back tto topic, looks from that payout chat from MO that 1 in 20 people are paying for the power play in MO at least

I Agree! What are you talking about?

VenomV12

My biggest concern is how much does a hundred million dollars in gold weigh and where on earth am I going to store it and hide it?

$50 million in gold and $50 million in oil should be about right and a tank...

My biggest concern is how much does a hundred million dollars in gold weigh and where on earth am I going to store it and hide it?

$50 million in gold and $50 million in oil should be about right and a tank...

http://goldprice.org/gold-price-per-kilo.html

this place has live gold price, in kg, so divide  kg results by 1000, and you get metric tons of gold

50 mill/

$55234 /kg

= 905kg

or 0.9 metric ton lol not even a tone of gold

weshar75's avatarweshar75

I got my one ticket from Big Apple store around 2:20 p.m. in the afternoon on thursday.  Hoping for the best would be happy with $40,000 or $2 million or the jackpot.  I would settle for $200 too.  Got powerplay on my ticket so good luck to me and all who play!-weshar75

platinum has been upto 2x the price of gold, but atm is lower priced than gold. if i had a lazy $50M

lol @ lazy 50M.   platinum may be a good speculation, if it goes back to 2x gold, you can trade over for 1.8 tons at the right time.

Babel

905 gold kilo bars would only take up 1.84 cubic feet of space, so storage is easy. Be a terrible investment though.

NightTrain1234's avatarNightTrain1234

I never take the powerplay option.   That's one less dollar to buy a lottery ticket to win a big jackpot.   That's why I play, to win the top prize only.

Kumo's avatarKumo

Quote: Originally posted by Babel on Feb 10, 2012

905 gold kilo bars would only take up 1.84 cubic feet of space, so storage is easy. Be a terrible investment though.

The way the economy might go, it may not be that bad of an idea after all. That much gold is a bit excessive though. 10% in gold and other precious metals. 5% in Liquid Funds, 75% in Stocks, 10% in Bonds. Invest in Bonds with caution, some analysists are still expecting the bond bubble to burst. The US economy might be looking a little better but we are not out of the woods yet.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I was wondering if anybody else noticed that. That's one of my favorites. Another is spelling lose with two o's (loose).

I'm not even going to get into there, their and they're or two, to and too cuz I'm already getting a headache, lol.

Babel

Quote: Originally posted by Kumo on Feb 10, 2012

The way the economy might go, it may not be that bad of an idea after all. That much gold is a bit excessive though. 10% in gold and other precious metals. 5% in Liquid Funds, 75% in Stocks, 10% in Bonds. Invest in Bonds with caution, some analysists are still expecting the bond bubble to burst. The US economy might be looking a little better but we are not out of the woods yet.

The problem with gold currently is it is at historic sky high prices and trending downwards, that's not to say it won't shoot up tomorrow, but the trend is down and the price is very high. Were it me I'd be looking at real estate and stocks, they've been beaten up quite a bit the last few years and there are a ton of deals out there for someone with lots of cash and a long time horizon.

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Feb 10, 2012

I was wondering if anybody else noticed that. That's one of my favorites. Another is spelling lose with two o's (loose).

I'm not even going to get into there, their and they're or two, to and too cuz I'm already getting a headache, lol.

Me to. and if I loose, I will not go their again so do not ax me about it.  lol

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Feb 10, 2012

Me to. and if I loose, I will not go their again so do not ax me about it.  lol

Exactly, LOL.

Don't loose now, I don't want you to be a looser.

dk1421's avatardk1421

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Feb 10, 2012

Exactly, LOL.

Don't loose now, I don't want you to be a looser.

Man you crack me up!!!

Is Todd going to change the amount on US Mega? Yeah, yeah, I can do the math myself, but I like to see his numbers. :-)

Kumo's avatarKumo

Quote: Originally posted by Babel on Feb 10, 2012

The problem with gold currently is it is at historic sky high prices and trending downwards, that's not to say it won't shoot up tomorrow, but the trend is down and the price is very high. Were it me I'd be looking at real estate and stocks, they've been beaten up quite a bit the last few years and there are a ton of deals out there for someone with lots of cash and a long time horizon.

Good point on real estate and you definitely ain't kidding about the long term. Agreed that gold is wickedly priced at the moment, but it is still lower than the old high from the early 1980's if you factor in inflation. Might be a good idea to wait for it to come back down a little bit before anyone looking to buy, invests in some.

i went to the psychiatrist the other day , only wearing plastic kitchen wrap for pants.

he said " I can clearly see your nuts "

Arrowhead's avatarArrowhead

Well, bought three tickets with powerplay already. Might have to jump in for another one before Sat. night.

WesternRedDoug

Quote: Originally posted by NightTrain1234 on Feb 10, 2012

I never take the powerplay option.   That's one less dollar to buy a lottery ticket to win a big jackpot.   That's why I play, to win the top prize only.

I would be happy to take any of the other prizes off of your hands, thank you very much.

Good luck on Saturday.

TheGameGrl's avatarTheGameGrl

It will be two tickets that win and from states that haven't had the chance to win. It will draw up the media for them and folks around these forums will still chastise the winners if they do a press conference or mention what they plan to do with the money. We are so wonderful at telling others how to spend their money or how to invest it, that is why each week we lose because we don't want anyone to tell us how to invest/spend.

I think someone needs to check the CAP rules because there is one and its true that the 2nd tier will increase once it hits cap...I think its 500 mil but again it is a matter of accurately investigating it.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by weshar75 on Feb 10, 2012

I got my one ticket from Big Apple store around 2:20 p.m. in the afternoon on thursday.  Hoping for the best would be happy with $40,000 or $2 million or the jackpot.  I would settle for $200 too.  Got powerplay on my ticket so good luck to me and all who play!-weshar75

Good luck weshar75!

weshar75's avatarweshar75

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Feb 11, 2012

Good luck weshar75!

Thanks RDGRNR!-weshar75

RedStang's avatarRedStang

Saw alot more peeps buying tickets this time at the beer store. First time in a while i had to get in line. Agree with {rad242} I think it will get close to 400 if no one hits.

zinniagirl's avatarzinniagirl

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Feb 11, 2012

Saw alot more peeps buying tickets this time at the beer store. First time in a while i had to get in line. Agree with {rad242} I think it will get close to 400 if no one hits.

No lines at the gas station today.  I was buying my one MM ticket and it took longer to get the reciept then it did to get the ticket.  I won't go anywhere near a gas station on Saturday!

Lukep

I would like to thank everyone for their contribution because i will be the sole winner of the massive jackpot. Thanks Fellas.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Lukep on Feb 11, 2012

I would like to thank everyone for their contribution because i will be the sole winner of the massive jackpot. Thanks Fellas.

You're welcome Luke, I've been contributing for years.

Glad to know it's going to someone I know for a change.

HiFi's avatarHiFi

ive never had to wait in a line when there was a big jackpot, i dont know where everyoen else is shopping but its never happened to me.  on a side note, its annoying now when i try to buy powerballs and i say 10 powerballs please and the guy gives me a ticket with 5 lines and im like no... 10 lines not 10 dollars.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by zinniagirl on Feb 11, 2012

No lines at the gas station today.  I was buying my one MM ticket and it took longer to get the reciept then it did to get the ticket.  I won't go anywhere near a gas station on Saturday!

I've never seen a line for tickets around here.

Whiskey, ammo and snuff, yes.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

You're not the first at LP to say that, hope you are luckier than they were.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC

If I were to win a JP of this size, The best part would be listening to all the investment

bankers make there pitch and then tell them no thanks and hang up.  I would break

it up into 500K chunks and deposit it in local banks ear marked for small bussiness

startup loans.  Maybe keep a couple million stashed away for the grandkids and just

live off the interest.  I don't have a ticket yet but if it warms up some around here today

I might go pick one up.

RL

LottoLin

Well I know what I will do with the money if the money Gods smile down on me. I will be able to pay my hospital and Doctor bills, as they come in and my medications, for my cancer treatment for the second time around. My husband was working last year so we were able to just scrape by and with the tax money etc  we paid in over $10 grand to hopitals , doctors and my portion of medication. So this year a lottery win would be just perfect.  But eveyone can use the money , in this economy I don't think there isn't a person unless they are a politician with a ton of money, that couldn't use a Jackpot win. But  mine would go to a good cause, for now LOL. Good Luck to all playing Power Ball tonight.

Lotto LIn

Piaceri

Yay for the bump up. Almost spent my $32 PB winnings from Wed on this draw. Have to spread it out & at different locations. I should get going before everyone starts getting their Saturday started. 

Good luck to LP members. May one of us win, but most of all, may it be me! $152m coming my way... White Bounce

iBeatTheOdds

1. There are no "gods" that "let you win". You are just a lucky sob if you happen to beat the odds.

2. Everybody has problems and bills and nobody actually gives a <snip> about yours.

3. Good luck all.

Let's see half a billion jackpot! I saw a fool ahead of me at the fuel stop dropping $400.00 dollars on this game. He is doing someone else well.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by iBeatTheOdds on Feb 11, 2012

1. There are no "gods" that "let you win". You are just a lucky sob if you happen to beat the odds.

2. Everybody has problems and bills and nobody actually gives a <snip> about yours.

3. Good luck all.

Let's see half a billion jackpot! I saw a fool ahead of me at the fuel stop dropping $400.00 dollars on this game. He is doing someone else well.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Nobody likes Negative Nancys. For your first post, you've done a remarkable job of making yourself look like an ass. Congratulations.

iBeatTheOdds

Well I am an <snip> so deal with it. I'm sorry I'm honest and I have realistic views. Shoot me.

Piaceri

Well I am an <snip> so deal with it. I'm sorry I'm honest and I have realistic views. Shoot me.

Typical bully behavior. Good for you. I bet you don't have very many friends.

PS Never say "shoot me" to a girl from Texas. At least not in person.

iBeatTheOdds

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Feb 11, 2012

Typical bully behavior. Good for you. I bet you don't have very many friends.

PS Never say "shoot me" to a girl from Texas. At least not in person.

Stereotyping me as "bully" is far from the truth. I'm just an honest person.

Besides, I don't go down south because there are millions of people down there and 14 last names. Not my cup of tea.

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

3. Good luck all.

$400?! omfg I surely hope he wins something because I'd be sick if I didn't. $325M does unnatural things to ordinary people.

Good luck everyone. Remember to breath

Kumo's avatarKumo

3. Good luck all.

1.) Making statements against religion in a forum where most of the readers accept religious freedom. = FAIL. Besides how do you know God is not pulling the strings on lotto winners? last time I checked, God has his hand in everything.

2.) You so sure about that? Open your eyes a little and you might see families and even entire communities that still support and look out for each other. It has become even more common place now that times have been hard the past few years.

3.) Good luck to you too.

"Freedom of speech, just watch what you say."

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

I will give my name & town as required by the Pennsylvania Lottery! The $131,885,000 + wire transfer will be great! I have $8 riding on this one! It would be nice if a Lottery Post member hit!

Piaceri

Besides, I don't go down south because there are millions of people down there and 14 last names. Not my cup of tea.

Not stereotyping. I lived with a bully for 22 years. It took a lot of counseling to get my self esteem back. Bullies justify ugly and negative comments to people with "honesty".  If that is your "honesty", then no thanks but you can keep it. True honest and honorable people treat others like they would like to be treated. You are in epic fail with each post. And every time you post again, you dig yourself deeper. Karma is a bitch, and I don't think she likes you very much.

PS It's a good thing you don't go south because with your mouth, you're likely to get your fondest wish: "Shoot me".

RL-RANDOMLOGIC

14 last names, how honest is that.

RL

Brcebrce

It was raised before the drawing has that ever happened before? I think if it is hit today it will be split 4-9 ways. Still 25 plus million.

joshuacloak's avatarjoshuacloak

Quote: Originally posted by Brcebrce on Feb 11, 2012

It was raised before the drawing has that ever happened before? I think if it is hit today it will be split 4-9 ways. Still 25 plus million.

happens all time bro

anytime you see jackpot above 300m , sells are so good, lottery always, gives a low ball number,

hell that record cash mm jackpot last year went up like 3-4 times, and by draw it self, it was raised to final 240m cash, yes we didn't even know final amount to atfer LOL.

if it rolls it be like this all weekend/

415m jackpot raised to 440 m, rasied again next day to 460 m,   then to like 480 million by draw nite

and atfer it won it be like 490 m   just you watch, it happen like clock work.

when sell records are set, lottery always plays it self and lowballs the amounts.

, also their is a biger chance we could have more then 1 winning ticket,  2 tickets  can win it, if so many people play

however i doubt  a group with just 1 ticket will win it over majority of solo players.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Oh, it wouldn't be your cup of tea, alright.

I can pretty much guarantee you that.

Brcebrce

Quote: Originally posted by joshuacloak on Feb 11, 2012

happens all time bro

anytime you see jackpot above 300m , sells are so good, lottery always, gives a low ball number,

hell that record cash mm jackpot last year went up like 3-4 times, and by draw it self, it was raised to final 240m cash, yes we didn't even know final amount to atfer LOL.

if it rolls it be like this all weekend/

415m jackpot raised to 440 m, rasied again next day to 460 m,   then to like 480 million by draw nite

and atfer it won it be like 490 m   just you watch, it happen like clock work.

when sell records are set, lottery always plays it self and lowballs the amounts.

, also their is a biger chance we could have more then 1 winning ticket,  2 tickets  can win it, if so many people play

however i doubt  a group with just 1 ticket will win it over majority of solo players.

Oh I've only started following this, never read anything from past drawings when it happened. I'm gonna play so I don't want it to roll over.

mcginnin56

3. Good luck all.

Your a nice person.    Red Devil

mcginnin56

I say we shoot you. Put you out of your short lived LP misery.  Smash

Rick G's avatarRick G

These high jackpot drawings are great because less people buy 5-number jackpot games making it less likely to have to share a jackpot in those games.

Lukep

You're welcome Luke, I've been contributing for years.

Glad to know it's going to someone I know for a change.

Yes, I will give t the less fortunate like you.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Yes, I will give t the less fortunate like you.

Well, may yer givin' hand never fail ya, Lukep.    Thumbs Up

iBeatTheOdds

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Feb 11, 2012

Not stereotyping. I lived with a bully for 22 years. It took a lot of counseling to get my self esteem back. Bullies justify ugly and negative comments to people with "honesty".  If that is your "honesty", then no thanks but you can keep it. True honest and honorable people treat others like they would like to be treated. You are in epic fail with each post. And every time you post again, you dig yourself deeper. Karma is a bitch, and I don't think she likes you very much.

PS It's a good thing you don't go south because with your mouth, you're likely to get your fondest wish: "Shoot me".

The reason it took "a lot of counseling" is because you're a weak person and you're  superstitions only make it worse. Karma? God? Get real.

And by the way, a "true honest person" tells the truth regardless of the outcome. They don't bend the truth to help the self esteem of the weak.

mcginnin56

The reason it took "a lot of counseling" is because you're a weak person and you're  superstitions only make it worse. Karma? God? Get real.

And by the way, a "true honest person" tells the truth regardless of the outcome. They don't bend the truth to help the self esteem of the weak.

As a "True and Honest Person" I would like to say your a pathetic piece of human garbage,   Dead  and you give the city of New York a bad name.

I'm not bending the truth here, just stating the facts. You will receive your "Instant Karma" in due time.    Poke

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Another lib tough guy lookin' to push women around.

Slack-jawed pansy.

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Another lib tough guy lookin' to push women around.

Slack-jawed pansy.

my guess is hes the other whiney american idol reject or some other nerf hearder

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by hearsetrax on Feb 11, 2012

my guess is hes the other whiney american idol reject or some other nerf hearder

Hey hearsetrax, like your new signature! Looks like a "32" ford of some type? Love all the retro's. Thumbs Up

MADDOG10's avatarMADDOG10

Quote: Originally posted by hearsetrax on Feb 11, 2012

I'd be willing to bet he's a " Nerf Hearder ".   sounds like a reject, but not american idol type..!

The way he talks about a woman, means he was probably decked by a woman along 42nd street sometime or another.

Honestly, I don't think he could accept the truth...

By the way, got some really good cheese that accents your whine..!

Lukep

They are going to give low numbers like 02-03-17-24-39 and 10

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by MADDOG10 on Feb 11, 2012

I'd be willing to bet he's a " Nerf Hearder ".   sounds like a reject, but not american idol type..!

The way he talks about a woman, means he was probably decked by a woman along 42nd street sometime or another.

Honestly, I don't think he could accept the truth...

By the way, got some really good cheese that accents your whine..!

The "genderless" LP coward, according to (it's) profile,  is probably some past LP member who's feeling disgruntled and is simply on a regular rant.

Crying

mcginnin56

They are going to give low numbers like 02-03-17-24-39 and 10

Hey those are the numbers I picked!!!  I'm calling in rich right now.   BananaHyperBanana

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Feb 11, 2012

Hey those are the numbers I picked!!!  I'm calling in rich right now.   BananaHyperBanana

I had a fair notion to play them dadgum numbers my own self.

Them look like some ol' good ones.   Bandit

mcginnin56

I had a fair notion to play them dadgum numbers my own self.

Them look like some ol' good ones.   Bandit

You snooze    Bed you lose.  Sorry rdgrnr.   LOL

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

You snooze    Bed you lose.  Sorry rdgrnr.   LOL

Don't count yer chickens jest yet.

If I git the itch to come down off this mountain, y'all jest might be splittin that there jackpot.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Green With Money Tonite!  Dance

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Feb 11, 2012

Green With Money Tonite!  Dance

How much "Green" dpoly, the Powerball has already been bumped up by $15 Million, will probably need to be re-adjusted by another several million before 2-nite's drawing.

Roll Eyes

mcginnin56

Don't count yer chickens jest yet.

If I git the itch to come down off this mountain, y'all jest might be splittin that there jackpot.

Hey rdgrnr, don't you wanna just lay down, relax and sip a littl' more of that good ol' vintage Tennessee moonshine???

Stay on your mountain, come tomorrow morning your gonna feel just fine. (Plus I just don't feel like sharing the jackpot this month.)  Wink

GYM RICE

When the Lotto gets this high, doesn't that basically bring out the groups of people who go out and try to buy every combonation?

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by GYM RICE on Feb 11, 2012

When the Lotto gets this high, doesn't that basically bring out the groups of people who go out and try to buy every combonation?

Yeah, I already did. Sorry kid, youv'e already lost.   Crying

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Hey rdgrnr, don't you wanna just lay down, relax and sip a littl' more of that good ol' vintage Tennessee moonshine???

Stay on your mountain, come tomorrow morning your gonna feel just fine. (Plus I just don't feel like sharing the jackpot this month.)  Wink

Now that ya mention it, maybe I'll just have Sugarbritches throw another log on the fire and fetch my jug.

It's cold out.

mcginnin56

Now that ya mention it, maybe I'll just have Sugarbritches throw another log on the fire and fetch my jug.

It's cold out.

Good decision! I appreciate Sugarbritches concern for your well being. It's a littl' nippy out there, maybe two logs?   Wink

gocart1's avatargocart1

It's cold out.

Hello  rdgrnr,,, even though we never really chatted i just have to say that """ you always crack me up..your just so funny with the one liners..well good luck in tonights drawing buddy...just the little kid from da bronx....the good part of the bronx beleave it or not....lmao..and i have three logs on the fireplace now,its f  ing cold out here..PartyUS FlagParty

Quote: Originally posted by gocart1 on Feb 11, 2012

Hello  rdgrnr,,, even though we never really chatted i just have to say that """ you always crack me up..your just so funny with the one liners..well good luck in tonights drawing buddy...just the little kid from da bronx....the good part of the bronx beleave it or not....lmao..and i have three logs on the fireplace now,its f  ing cold out here..PartyUS FlagParty

thanks goatcart1 i'm near atlantic city and you're makin me laugh,

even though i gotta leave the house at 0720 tomorow,

at that time it should be a nice toasty 22 degrees,

truck has a remote starter, great investment !

OscarRamb

its crazy to think that the next new inductee into the top 1% of Americans (well into the top 1%) is living life as usual right now and his/her ticket might be on a random shelf, kitchen counter, refrigerator door...and only a few hours or days away from drastically changing a family's life

iBeatTheOdds

Quote: Originally posted by OscarRamb on Feb 11, 2012

its crazy to think that the next new inductee into the top 1% of Americans (well into the top 1%) is living life as usual right now and his/her ticket might be on a random shelf, kitchen counter, refrigerator door...and only a few hours or days away from drastically changing a family's life

Very crazy... 1 maybe 2 people are going to be very rich within in a week from today. No way this goes for 3 more draws.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Very crazy... 1 maybe 2 people are going to be very rich within in a week from today. No way this goes for 3 more draws.

Judging from the number of second place winners, it could be a while before anyone wins the jackpot.  Before the price increase, it was common for both MM and PB to have 10 or more second place winners for at least one drawing before the jackpots were won. 

When it's won, it going to be a big let down for those folks who think they deserve to win, especially if they think the winners are less deserving than themselves.

yes,or right here at the base of the computer moniter,but thats what keeps us playin,no ?

just one thing though,i suspect the inductee will pay way more taxes than the 1%ers .

Mark it down: winning ticket---1-28-29-40-55 PB 23

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by Arrowhead on Feb 11, 2012

Thanks but I'll wait until after the drawing so I will write down the correct numbers.

HoLeeKau's avatarHoLeeKau

Seems like that would be risky.  What if someone else gets a quick pick with the same numbers and you have to share the JP and end up coming up millions of dollars in the hole?

its cheaper just to buy every jackpot winning combination

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by gocart1 on Feb 11, 2012

Thanks for the kind words gocart1. I was in NYC a few years ago. I don't know if I went through da Bronx or not. I was mostly around the Times Square area.

Nice little town ya got there, I like them hot dogs from those wagons with the umbrellas on the street corners.

Good luck tonight brother!

and the winner is, bill gates, and warren buffett,

they decided to go halves after it went to $2, as they are kind of cheapskates.

mightwin's avatarmightwin

Lol I dont know exactly how many number combinations there are but lets say for example 5,000,000 total divded by 5 picks per play slip thats 1,000,000 play slips to keep track of and not to mention the number of tickets not to lose either, 200,000.

Well, may yer givin' hand never fail ya, Lukep.    Thumbs Up

nother country folk sayin,

i guess they have stayin power cause,

they are true, no matter what else happens,

thanks dude. Thumbs Up

RL-RANDOMLOGIC

Quote: Originally posted by mightwin on Feb 11, 2012

Lol I dont know exactly how many number combinations there are but lets say for example 5,000,000 total divded by 5 picks per play slip thats 1,000,000 play slips to keep track of and not to mention the number of tickets not to lose either, 200,000.

Power Ball 5 white ball payout for buyout

Cost = 5006386 * $2.00 = $10,012,772

guaranteed prizes w/o PB

5 of 5 = 1          * 1           = $1,000,000 
4 of 5 = 270      * $100.00 =     $27,000
3 of 5 = 14,310 * $7.00     =   $100,170

total bet slips needed =   $1,001,277.2

RL

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Feb 11, 2012

nother country folk sayin,

i guess they have stayin power cause,

they are true, no matter what else happens,

thanks dude. Thumbs Up

Actually, I heard that ages ago from a very old Irishman at the bar in an Irish joint in Chicago.

He was sittin' at the bar with an empty beer glass and the barkeep asked him if he wanted another and he said no. I had seen him looking in his wallet just prior to this so I knew he didn't have any more money.

I told the barkeep to get him one on me and when he gave it to him and told him I bought it for him he smiled at me and raised his glass and said "May your givin' hand never fail ya, lad." 

I never forgot that.

Babel

There are 175,223,510 possible combinations. Assuming you could get 1 number set printed per second it would take 2,028 days, 1 hour, 11 minutes, and 50 seconds  to get every combination, assuming the store never closed and you never slept. Doing so would cost you $350,447,020 and return $64,166,120 in lower tier prizes plus the jackpot of $202,900,000 for a loss of $83,380,900 before considering the tax on the winnings.

Actually, I heard that ages ago from a very old Irishman at the bar in an Irish joint in Chicago.

He was sittin' at the bar with an empty beer glass and the barkeep asked him if he wanted another and he said no. I had seen him looking in his wallet just prior to this so I knew he didn't have any more money.

I told the barkeep to get him one on me and when he gave it to him and told him I bought it for him he smiled at me and raised his glass and said "May your givin' hand never fail ya, lad." 

I never forgot that.

now i like it even more since i'm F.B.I.

last time i was in chi. town-back in 83,

we hung out w/ the locals and drank a beer called old style.

don't know if they still have old style,

but i know you have good karma.

hope that will get ya a winner bro,

now i'll make a new sayin, "may that return to ya" ridger. Smile

dk1421's avatardk1421

That really puts it into perspective. And hope for all of us!!!

Dizzy232

Just a few more minutes... Definitely Good luck everyone..

And to those who think the Powerball is rigged; it is definitely not... if it is, the winning numbers will be 13 18 23 33 43 and the red ball 3

Not saying these are bad numbers, but if the Powerball is rigged those numbers will be the only 6 numbers I can see coming out tonite.

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Feb 11, 2012

Judging from the number of second place winners, it could be a while before anyone wins the jackpot.  Before the price increase, it was common for both MM and PB to have 10 or more second place winners for at least one drawing before the jackpots were won. 

When it's won, it going to be a big let down for those folks who think they deserve to win, especially if they think the winners are less deserving than themselves.

Figuring out what should happen according to probability is easy. Figuring out what will happen is a bit harder.

For the last drawing the advertised jackpot increased $50 million, which was about $33 million in cash. Putting $33 million into the jackpot pool at  $0.64 per ticket requires selling a little over 51 million tickets. Since the odds of winning the 2nd place prize are about 1 in 5.1 million we would expect to have had 10 winners.

Expected sales for tonight's drawing suggest sales of about  73 million tickets. That can be expected to result in 14 2nd place winners. About 40% of the possible combinations should be played, leaving about 60% unplayed. That means a rollover is about 50% more likely than a winner. Of course it all depends on the numbers that are drawn.

itduzz

I bought $10 worth of tickets tonight.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by itduzz on Feb 11, 2012

Welcome to Lottery Post itduzz and best of luck to ya!   LepYes NodThumbs Up

itduzz

Welcome to Lottery Post itduzz and best of luck to ya!   LepYes NodThumbs Up

Thanks

ONEDAY's avatarONEDAY

i bought $8 in tickets too..4 lines..

how many numbers did auto pick give me : NONE..nada..not one number on any line..

oh well..back to pick3!

VenomV12

I did not win but I got the ball. Oh well, hopefully no one won and we are now playing for half a billion dollars. 

We jumped $75 million in one drawing, I can only imagine what it would be now if no one won tonight.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Feb 11, 2012

now i like it even more since i'm F.B.I.

last time i was in chi. town-back in 83,

we hung out w/ the locals and drank a beer called old style.

don't know if they still have old style,

but i know you have good karma.

hope that will get ya a winner bro,

now i'll make a new sayin, "may that return to ya" ridger. Smile

Thanks haymaker and may ya be in heaven a half hour before the divil knows yer dead.

BBLL's avatarBBLL

how much money was in the jackpot tonight?

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by BBLL on Feb 11, 2012

325 last I heard.

B$Rizzle's avatarB$Rizzle

Quote: Originally posted by BBLL on Feb 11, 2012

$334 Million at drawing time....(Announced on Live TV during drawing)

OscarRamb

Won $11. This puts my total winnings since i started playing in july at $45 between MM and PB. Not bad. As usual this is going right back into the next big drawing. Hopefully the next one...we're looking at 415 million plus. If its won tonight it'll be the next 300 million+ jackpot

itduzz

What were the numbers?

B$Rizzle's avatarB$Rizzle

What were the numbers?

I believe they were:

1-10-37-52-57 PB 11

fwlawrence's avatarfwlawrence

Quote: Originally posted by Arrowhead on Feb 11, 2012

You got one (1) right.

BBLL's avatarBBLL

Quote: Originally posted by B$Rizzle on Feb 11, 2012

$334 Million at drawing time....(Announced on Live TV during drawing)

Thanks

Quote: Originally posted by fwlawrence on Feb 11, 2012

You got one (1) right.

Wink Great! About my average....

Lucky SOB

have my ticket but im going to wait till tommorw to look at it. i chose quick picks and dont know my numbers so heres praying that ignorance pays off.

keepitreal

I got $20 quick picks and I know I didn't get the number 1 that came out. I'll just wait few more hrs till we know if anyone hit jackpot.

bigmoney25

Hopefully not tonight!!

Quote: Originally posted by fwlawrence on Feb 11, 2012

You got one (1) right.

dang and i played those numbers as well :(

over on mega million the cash options is $27 mill,. you could win that and appear on TV offering to give 1st 5 callers a mill ea, ATM, and i think your $5 mill would be safe hehehe,.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Lucky SOB on Feb 11, 2012

have my ticket but im going to wait till tommorw to look at it. i chose quick picks and dont know my numbers so heres praying that ignorance pays off.

Ignorance doesn't pay off, I'm pretty sure.

Cuz if ignorance paid off we have a member here named tiggs who would be a Gazillionaire.

ryanm

Considering the numbers picked, there is a strong case the jackpot was won tonight.  Unfortunately, it was not me, I did not hit a single number :-(.

VenomV12

Drat!

I guess we are playing for $40 million now. Someone is doing the Dance of Joy tonight, probably another hedge fund manager or someone like that.

itduzz

Somebody won it. Next drawing is for $40 million as per powwerball website. Hopefully it is group which won it.

Todd's avatarTodd

www.usamega.com

1 ticket from Rhode Island wins $325 million.

keepitreal

Someone or group hit the Powerball jackpot in Rhode Island today. 10 tickets won 1 million each from Powerball today.

Match 5 Winners
$1,000,000
CO, ID, LA, MN, MO, NY, OR, PA, SC, WI Match 5 Winners
$1,000,000
CO, ID, LA, MN, MO, NY, OR, PA, SC, WI de Island

Lucky SOB

Hey 2 hits from ny. might not have won 1st place but could have won 2nd place prize.

OscarRamb

A single ticket won tonight. So someone just won 200 million before taxes (assuming the cash option is taken). Fortunately it went back down 40 mil so it'll get back up there in no time. Looks like 200-300 million is going to be the norm now and it wont be long until we get into 400-500 million territory with single ticket wins.

im glad, i didnt have to spend too much chasing that dream, ahh my money is safe for another few weeks.

Lucky SOB

how long did it take mm to get to $51mil?

mcginnin56

No $2 Million winners, looks like 10 states scored the $1Million prizes. (didn't give a total #).

(CO, ID, LA, MN, MO, NY, OR, PA, SC & WI)

VenomV12

I am not one to get on the bandwagon of the ridiculous lottery is rigged thing, but even I have to ask now if something is up. The East Coast area wins another $200 million plus lottery again within less than 6 months?

Rhode Island today, the financial guys in Connecticut last November and the Silicon Valley Analyst in NY last month?

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by VenomV12 on Feb 12, 2012

I am not one to get on the bandwagon of the ridiculous lottery is rigged thing, but even I have to ask now if something is up. The East Coast area wins another $200 million plus lottery again within less than 6 months?

Rhode Island today, the financial guys in Connecticut last November and the Silicon Valley Analyst in NY last month?

So?

Lucky SOB

the east coast i guess just had a lot more people with loos'er wallets

Todd's avatarTodd

Sounds like you are on the bandwagon now.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Todd on Feb 12, 2012

I Agree!

VenomV12

Quote: Originally posted by Todd on Feb 12, 2012

Depends on who won it. If it is another wealthy financier then yes, I will definitely believe that something is not Kosher. 

After finding out Bernie Madoff was able to "manage" $60 billion for decades without ever making a single trade in the stock market, I no longer believe that anything is impossible from these guys.

mcginnin56

Depends on who won it. If it is another wealthy financier then yes, I will definitely believe that something is not Kosher. 

After finding out Bernie Madoff was able to "manage" $60 billion for decades without ever making a single trade in the stock market, I no longer believe that anything is impossible from these guys.

More "conspiracy theories", here we go again!

ryanm

Mega Millions is on its sixth draw in the current run.  The draw number for Powerball that just produced the $334.9 million winner was draw number 14.

For me, with my system of playing, since Mega Millions was last won on draw #8, I will play Mega Millions every draw until it is won starting with next Tuesday's jackpot (Feb 21), if Mega Millions is not won on this upcoming Tuesday or Friday.  However, I am playing Mega Millions this Tuesday, because today (Saturday) is the 11TH, and the Mega Millions advertised jackpot is $51 million, and 11 and 51 both end in 1, so I am playing.  Just the same, I will play Mega Millions next Friday if the advertised jackpot ends in 5-, 6-, or 7- million (ex, the jackpot rolls to $65 million), since next Wednesday is the 15th, Thursday is the 16th, Friday is the 17th.

However, with Powerball, things are different, since tickets cost $2, so, assuming the PB jackpot continues to roll, the CURRENT draw date where I will even CONSIDER playing Powerball is March 31st (the fourteenth draw in the new run if the run is not aborted by another jackpot win), and, in THEORY, I would only purchase a ticket for that draw if the advertised jackpot ended in 9-, 0-, or 1- million (Thursday the 29th, Friday the 30th, Saturday the 31st).  Of course, in reality, with Powerball's increased ticket price and minimum rollovers, the CASH jackpot will probably reach $240 million (the current US record, held by Mega Millions) before March 31st if it is not won before then, in which case, I would automatically purchase a ticket for the draw.

The "relative jackpot win" and "draw date ones digit - advertised jackpot single millions digit" rule is my way of controlling purchases for both jackpot games.  With Mega Millions (and for Powerball under its former $1 game), it's "relative jackpot win" OR "draw date ones digit," but with Powerball, it's now ("relative jackpot win" AND "draw date ones digit") OR "record cash jackpot."

when JP morgan audit the draws; and jamie dimon  wins them, ill start to worry

alexnt55

Quote: Originally posted by Lucky SOB on Feb 12, 2012

how long did it take mm to get to $51mil?

5 Rollovers to get there.

Lucky SOB

Quote: Originally posted by ryanm on Feb 12, 2012

Mega Millions is on its sixth draw in the current run.  The draw number for Powerball that just produced the $334.9 million winner was draw number 14.

For me, with my system of playing, since Mega Millions was last won on draw #8, I will play Mega Millions every draw until it is won starting with next Tuesday's jackpot (Feb 21), if Mega Millions is not won on this upcoming Tuesday or Friday.  However, I am playing Mega Millions this Tuesday, because today (Saturday) is the 11TH, and the Mega Millions advertised jackpot is $51 million, and 11 and 51 both end in 1, so I am playing.  Just the same, I will play Mega Millions next Friday if the advertised jackpot ends in 5-, 6-, or 7- million (ex, the jackpot rolls to $65 million), since next Wednesday is the 15th, Thursday is the 16th, Friday is the 17th.

However, with Powerball, things are different, since tickets cost $2, so, assuming the PB jackpot continues to roll, the CURRENT draw date where I will even CONSIDER playing Powerball is March 31st (the fourteenth draw in the new run if the run is not aborted by another jackpot win), and, in THEORY, I would only purchase a ticket for that draw if the advertised jackpot ended in 9-, 0-, or 1- million (Thursday the 29th, Friday the 30th, Saturday the 31st).  Of course, in reality, with Powerball's increased ticket price and minimum rollovers, the CASH jackpot will probably reach $240 million (the current US record, held by Mega Millions) before March 31st if it is not won before then, in which case, I would automatically purchase a ticket for the draw.

The "relative jackpot win" and "draw date ones digit - advertised jackpot single millions digit" rule is my way of controlling purchases for both jackpot games.  With Mega Millions (and for Powerball under its former $1 game), it's "relative jackpot win" OR "draw date ones digit," but with Powerball, it's now ("relative jackpot win" AND "draw date ones digit") OR "record cash jackpot."

so your only playing when it goes over $100mil?

DisplacedLurker
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the eastern side of the US have a higher population density than the midwest or western coast? So, it wouldn't be very surprising to see that most of the ticket buyers would come from the east in comparison to the rest of the nation, and thus, a higher chance of winners as well. Doesn't mean that historically more winners have come from the east, just a higher chance that more tickets were bought on the east, so, possibly more chances to win. 
Also, newbie here~. I haven't played any lottery yet, but I've been following the huge PB jackpot and this site. Very cool place, guys, look forward to more. Thumbs Up
ryanm

Quote: Originally posted by Lucky SOB on Feb 12, 2012

so your only playing when it goes over $100mil?

Not necessarily.  If someone wins Powerball on Wednesday at its starting jackpot, I would CONSIDER playing Powerball on every draw in the run starting next Saturday (but obviously not next Saturday itself, since the jackpot would still be $40 million, and Thursday is the 16th, Friday is the 17th, Saturday is the 18th, and none of those dates end in 0), until that run produces another jackpot winner.  However, say Mega Millions is won in back-to-back draws, I would automatically play Mega Millions in every draw after the $12 million jackpot win, until the run after that is over.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by DisplacedLurker on Feb 12, 2012

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the eastern side of the US have a higher population density than the midwest or western coast? So, it wouldn't be very surprising to see that most of the ticket buyers would come from the east in comparison to the rest of the nation, and thus, a higher chance of winners as well. Doesn't mean that historically more winners have come from the east, just a higher chance that more tickets were bought on the east, so, possibly more chances to win. 
Also, newbie here~. I haven't played any lottery yet, but I've been following the huge PB jackpot and this site. Very cool place, guys, look forward to more. Thumbs Up

Welcome to LP DisplacedLurker.

Yeah its a higher density, but anyone who play's still has just a good a chance of winning.

So when are you going to start playing?

Lucky SOB

^this and you only need 1 ticket

Quote: Originally posted by ryanm on Feb 12, 2012

Not necessarily.  If someone wins Powerball on Wednesday at its starting jackpot, I would CONSIDER playing Powerball on every draw in the run starting next Saturday (but obviously not next Saturday itself, since the jackpot would still be $40 million, and Thursday is the 16th, Friday is the 17th, Saturday is the 18th, and none of those dates end in 0), until that run produces another jackpot winner.  However, say Mega Millions is won in back-to-back draws, I would automatically play Mega Millions in every draw after the $12 million jackpot win, until the run after that is over.

My 'high-end, system' form of strategy is to spend a couple bucks on every draw just so I'm in the game. PB, MM, Ohio Classic, Ohio Rolling Cash when it's up there--$100,000-plus. I splurged on this recent PB with 5 tickets, three with PP, only because it was so high.

Was hoping for 400 mil-plus draw next time but it'll get there soon enough.

DisplacedLurker

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Feb 12, 2012

Welcome to LP DisplacedLurker.

Yeah its a higher density, but anyone who play's still has just a good a chance of winning.

So when are you going to start playing?

Thanks for the warm welcome, mcginnin56! Big Grin

Oooh, yes, anybody has an equal chance of winning, of course. Afterall, it really only does take one ticket. I didn't mean to shoot down any dreams, ha ha. I just figured that since there is a higher population density in the east, there would be obviously more ticket sales, and thus, more people overall who could have scored the winning ticket versus someone else in the nation. Doesn't mean they necessarily have a better chance at winning over someone else so much as does explain why there have been some recent jackpots won in the east. That's all I meant, ha ha. 

Besides, we don't need to be divulging into possible conspiracy theories. The news is hardly out, and we don't know this particular person's story. Whose to say who this person is compared to the other people who have won recent jackpots? And, regardless of who it was, I'm happy for them. I wish them nothing but luck with their new found fortune. Hurray!

Oh, I don't know, I kind of want to be that lucky SOB who plays the PB once and scores the jackpot, lol. Wink But in all seriousness, whenever I can round up a nice little lottery fund to safely bet with within my budget and feel comfortable with the process, I'll start playing.

Lucky SOB

Oooh, yes, anybody has an equal chance of winning, of course. Afterall, it really only does take one ticket. I didn't mean to shoot down any dreams, ha ha. I just figured that since there is a higher population density in the east, there would be obviously more ticket sales, and thus, more people overall who could have scored the winning ticket versus someone else in the nation. Doesn't mean they necessarily have a better chance at winning over someone else so much as does explain why there have been some recent jackpots won in the east. That's all I meant, ha ha. 

Besides, we don't need to be divulging into possible conspiracy theories. The news is hardly out, and we don't know this particular person's story. Whose to say who this person is compared to the other people who have won recent jackpots? And, regardless of who it was, I'm happy for them. I wish them nothing but luck with their new found fortune. Hurray!

Oh, I don't know, I kind of want to be that lucky SOB who plays the PB once and scores the jackpot, lol. Wink But in all seriousness, whenever I can round up a nice little lottery fund to safely bet with within my budget and feel comfortable with the process, I'll start playing.

sorry but i doubt i won

mcginnin56

Hear stories all the time about newbie luck, hope your one of them. Congratulation's on your now 2nd post!

See you in the forums.   See Ya!

Brcebrce

Dam. One ticket and it wasn't mine. Congrats to whoever's life has changed forever.

Simba774

Every time I believe I'm going to win this thing I don't.  It's pure luck, not the laws of attractions. How many times have a New England state won the PB? Even the new PB is about the East Coast.

sirbrad's avatarsirbrad

Yeah and guess what? Just as I said before and predicted, there was one alleged winner. So predictable. Never breaks the record, it is always won RIGHT before. I think it is all a scam and set up.

HiFi's avatarHiFi

i was hoping my state would win since its been a couple years since someone in my state won.  oh well, i guess i can speak for everyone here when i say we all lost an we are bummed.

Piaceri

Congrats to the Rhode Island winner!  Dance

I was hoping Texas would get this one since they haven't had a PB winner yet. We'll just have to keep trying. It'll happen one of these days.  White Bounce

rad242

Powerball webiste reads $336.4m as the jackpot win.

WWWBUKTN

One winner in Rhode Island.   <snip> you Peter Griffin, hot wife, talking dog, Meg....well, talking dog.  Now you're rich beyond your wildest dreams.

sandia's avatarsandia

Well, I was one of the 7 from Texas - 4 out of 5 w/Powerball, on just one ticket. I decided to spend just $2 on THIS draw. Better than nothing but a JP would have been fantastic!

Well, 8-9 more draws (assuming no one hits the jackpot between those draws) and we might have another frenzy, sometime from mid to late of next month.

Good Luck to everybody.

rcbbuckeye's avatarrcbbuckeye

Holy Moly....a few sour grapes?

Quote: Originally posted by sandia on Feb 12, 2012

Well, I was one of the 7 from Texas - 4 out of 5 w/Powerball, on just one ticket. I decided to spend just $2 on THIS draw. Better than nothing but a JP would have been fantastic!

Well, 8-9 more draws (assuming no one hits the jackpot between those draws) and we might have another frenzy, sometime from mid to late of next month.

Good Luck to everybody.

Congrats sandia! That's a pretty nice hit.

Were you one of the 2 that played the powerplay?

sandia's avatarsandia

Quote: Originally posted by rcbbuckeye on Feb 12, 2012

Congrats sandia! That's a pretty nice hit.

Were you one of the 2 that played the powerplay?

Unfortunately, no. I only spent $2 on one line. In retrospect, that extra $1 would have quadripuled that amount!

Bang Head.

But hey LP family, dust yourselves up, our time will SURELY come for the BIG ONE.......Sun Smiley

mcginnin56

Good Luck to everybody.

Congratulations sandia! 10K is nice payday, way to go.   Hurray!

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Good Luck to everybody.

Congrats !!!!!!!   way ta gooooooooooo Sandia..... Have fun and spend some !

BuyLow's avatarBuyLow

Good Luck to everybody.

Pics please!!!  Congrats!!

Unfortunately, no. I only spent $2 on one line. In retrospect, that extra $1 would have quadripuled that amount!

Bang Head.

But hey LP family, dust yourselves up, our time will SURELY come for the BIG ONE.......Sun Smiley

Still a great payoff anyone would be happy to take. Treat yourself to something special. Congratulations.

Piaceri

Good Luck to everybody.

Congrats on the win Sandia. Hyper

gocart1's avatargocart1

I really dont think its rigged for any one state but there is 12 milliom poeple in New York City alone which is more then so states have..Its just so many people playing to win..I was born and raised in new york city ..got a job with the city ,so i couldn't move to far  away from the job .but now i'm retired and i'm looking for someplace nice a warm all year round..you can keep the big citys  but the one thing that scares me alittle is not being close to a hospital as i get older ...i'm i just nutty thinking or what..hitting the jb is on my bucket listPartyUS FlagParty

gocart1's avatargocart1

Thanks for the kind words gocart1. I was in NYC a few years ago. I don't know if I went through da Bronx or not. I was mostly around the Times Square area.

Nice little town ya got there, I like them hot dogs from those wagons with the umbrellas on the street corners.

Good luck tonight brother!

We call those hot dog carts "DIRTY WATER DOGS"  ..KNOW MATER HOW YOU TRY YOU JUST CAN'T GET THE SAME TASTE AT HOME..I'M ALSO HAPPY YOU DIDN'T GET MUGGED...hey thats the big city for ya...keep going with those one lines rdgrnr....US Flag

Lucky SOB

big suprise i didnt win. got the first number right but the television had the other 5 wrong. well $4 spent isnt too much to cry over

Lukep

The lottery is a big scheme to take people. I'm not saying people don't win prizes, but the big jackpot goes back to the lottery people. The thing that makes it more harder to detect is tha the government involve in it. The lottery is the biggest scheme after madd-off.  I feel sorry for everyone who fall for it and losing their hard earn money. Everyone should stop throwing their money away into the lottery and start saving more money. The lottery is especially desigh to make the poor becomes poorer and m ake the rich become richer. I discover the truth by a unanimous insider. Share the news evryone. Tell all your friend to stop playing the lotery because it is a scheme to steal poor people money. I know my membership will be forbid because of this truth, but I don't care. People need to  know the truth!

larry3100's avatarlarry3100

Someone won the Powerball game of some $336.4 million in Rhode Island. WOW!.Party

Lukep

Quote: Originally posted by larry3100 on Feb 12, 2012

Someone won the Powerball game of some $336.4 million in Rhode Island. WOW!.Party

The lottery is a big scheme to take people hard earn money. I'm not saying people don't win prizes, but the big jackpot goes back to the lottery people. The thing that makes it more harder to detect is tha the government involve in it. The lottery is the biggest scheme after madd-off.  I feel sorry for everyone who fall for it and losing their hard earn money. Everyone should stop throwing their money away into the lottery and start saving more money. The lottery is especially desigh to make the poor becomes poorer and m ake the rich become richer. I discover the truth by a unanimous insider. Share the news evryone. Tell all your friend to stop playing the lotery because it is a scheme to steal poor people money. I know my membership will be forbid because of this truth, but I don't care. People need to  know the truth!

Kumo's avatarKumo

Quote: Originally posted by Lukep on Feb 12, 2012

The lottery is a big scheme to take people. I'm not saying people don't win prizes, but the big jackpot goes back to the lottery people. The thing that makes it more harder to detect is tha the government involve in it. The lottery is the biggest scheme after madd-off.  I feel sorry for everyone who fall for it and losing their hard earn money. Everyone should stop throwing their money away into the lottery and start saving more money. The lottery is especially desigh to make the poor becomes poorer and m ake the rich become richer. I discover the truth by a unanimous insider. Share the news evryone. Tell all your friend to stop playing the lotery because it is a scheme to steal poor people money. I know my membership will be forbid because of this truth, but I don't care. People need to  know the truth!

That's a load of Hogwash.

A very hefty percentage of the money goes back to the state as well as some for paying for operating and advertising costs. Even those slips of paper you pencil in your numbers with aren't for free.

I just feel sorry for the folks that spent their entire paycheck on this past drawing. Hundreds to even Thousands of dollars is a bit rediculous for even a miniscule rise in the odds.

It only takes ONE set of numbers to win the big one. Congrats to the person in RI and see you folks next drawing. :)

larry3100's avatarlarry3100

The Powerball and Megamillions game is all about buying a dream.I know most of us Lottery Post members are not going to win,but it's a chance.You never know.I do believe these games are for real.By the way the Powerball winning numbers for that $336.4 million jackpot won in Rhode Island were 01-10-37-52-57 and the Powerball number 11. Congrats to the winner.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by BuyLow on Feb 12, 2012

Pics please!!!  Congrats!!

Doe this help?

The lottery is a big scheme to take people hard earn money. I'm not saying people don't win prizes, but the big jackpot goes back to the lottery people. The thing that makes it more harder to detect is tha the government involve in it. The lottery is the biggest scheme after madd-off.  I feel sorry for everyone who fall for it and losing their hard earn money. Everyone should stop throwing their money away into the lottery and start saving more money. The lottery is especially desigh to make the poor becomes poorer and m ake the rich become richer. I discover the truth by a unanimous insider. Share the news evryone. Tell all your friend to stop playing the lotery because it is a scheme to steal poor people money. I know my membership will be forbid because of this truth, but I don't care. People need to  know the truth!

Dude, you can't even type a coherent sentence. Do you really know what you are talking about?

And what the hell is an "unanimous insider"? Do you know what unanimous means?

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Feb 12, 2012

Doe this help?

RJOh.do you buy your PB tix in jersey ?

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

WTG Sandia! Nice Win!   Thumbs Up

I hope you have many more!

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Feb 12, 2012

RJOh.do you buy your PB tix in jersey ?

No, the last time I was in that area PB didn't exist.  I use to travel to Indiana to buy some before PB came to Ohio, now I just buy them locally.

Guru101's avatarGuru101

It wouldn't surprise me if it made another run to $300M+ on this run. Last night's jackpot had a very good chance of rolling as it was. This will be the year we will see the first $400M+ jackpot.

Dude, you can't even type a coherent sentence. Do you really know what you are talking about?

we all agree, we are better off with savings,  the return on lotto is what? 50% but a savings account is 101% if we shop aroind.,if we save our $1 in a years time we can get a nice shiny penny for our effort.

oh and dont forget to put asside tax!

whil i agree its not the best way to " earn " money, it sure is the quickest way to pick up an easy million.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Maybe he belongs to the same group that I belong to - Alcoholics Unanimous.

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Feb 12, 2012

Ridge, I thought you belonged to Alcohol Unlimited ?  Cheers     Party

mightwin's avatarmightwin

Congrats to the winner/winners. Its an elite club to get into, but ya have to play to get ya chance! Mega is 51 million for tuesday and powerball is 40 million for wednesday. I guess this is a pretty good base to see which one increases faster/more to see if the increase in price helps powerballs jackpot to grow faster. When either jackpot now gets at 200 million or above I think they will make huge jumps just because the jackpot is so high and people want to win it. I would think more of the price increase for power ball would go to lower tier prizes especially the match 5 now at a million. If I remember right the last time mega was up near 300+ there were at lot more match 5 winners than this powerball run had. So I guess we will have to wait and see. To those who didnt win keep on playin!!!

Lucky SOB

im still waiting to see if the people or persons who won do the smart move(take their time, talk to good lawyers,accountants ect and keep quite) or the dumb move(tell everyone they won, make false promises, dont seek financial help and come forward real soon with no planning).

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Feb 12, 2012

Ridge, I just happened to remember I asked you about mixing shine and jack. You thought that might be a good idea. If you hit a big enough jackpot, there's a business plan for ya. Just remember who gave you the idea!

sirbrad's avatarsirbrad

OK so then why exactly are you playing it and saying that you will be the "sole winner" in all the threads? I take it that your "unaminous insider" did not come through for you? LOL So you lost and now all the sudden you know unanimous insiders. I think you mean "anonymous". And I know you wil be buying tickets every week from here on still. Looks to me like you "fell for it" every week.

"I would like to thank everyone for their contribution because i will be the sole winner of the massive jackpot. Thanks Fellas."

"Tonight Imma win the Jackpot! woooooo. Here is the number thats gonna come out 02 07 12 31 39 28"

"Yes, Todd I will be that incredible person to win the massive 200+ millions jackpot. As a matter of fact, i'm giving the winning numbers that will come out. 02-07-19-40-51-15."

This post you posted before all of the posts above.

"I'm quiting 2 because i just find out the lottery is a hoax to get people hard earn money. Worst of all, the government involve it. It is another way to collect tax money. I just found out all those pledge they say money willl go to education is not true. I advise you to quit playing the lottery 2 because you will realize that you are throwing your money away. Truth is nobody really wins big jackpot as they claim."

Hypocrite or just mental? I think it is possible that the lottery is fixed but I also don' play it like I used to. I am lucky to get one PB ticket every few months. You seem to be playing it all the tiem and then saying it is a hoax, and lying about knowing insiders, which makes you look like an idiot. And I am sure once the jackpot goes up to $300 million again that you will claim you will be the sole winner, then say it is a scam after your loss.

alexnt55

Lukep this is the same thing you were saying 2 months ago remember. Than whan the jackpot swelled you start posting about winning the big jackpot. Someone hits the big jackpot and its not you so you start this conspiracy thing again. You admited 2 months ago that you had gone overboard buying tickets. Sounds like you might have spent more than you should have again.

gogidolim

Quote: Originally posted by CDanaT on Feb 12, 2012

Alcohol is one hell of a way to kill his/her own credibility, kinda like weed. :(

Lukep

Quote: Originally posted by sirbrad on Feb 12, 2012

OK so then why exactly are you playing it and saying that you will be the "sole winner" in all the threads? I take it that your "unaminous insider" did not come through for you? LOL So you lost and now all the sudden you know unanimous insiders. I think you mean "anonymous". And I know you wil be buying tickets every week from here on still. Looks to me like you "fell for it" every week.

"I would like to thank everyone for their contribution because i will be the sole winner of the massive jackpot. Thanks Fellas."

"Tonight Imma win the Jackpot! woooooo. Here is the number thats gonna come out 02 07 12 31 39 28"

"Yes, Todd I will be that incredible person to win the massive 200+ millions jackpot. As a matter of fact, i'm giving the winning numbers that will come out. 02-07-19-40-51-15."

"I'm quiting 2 because i just find out the lottery is a hoax to get people hard earn money. Worst of all, the government involve it. It is another way to collect tax money. I just found out all those pledge they say money willl go to education is not true. I advise you to quit playing the lottery 2 because you will realize that you are throwing your money away. Truth is nobody really wins big jackpot as they claim."

Hypocrite or just mental? I think it is possible that the lottery is fixed but I also don' play it like I used to. I am lucky to get one PB ticket every few months. You seem to be playing it all the tiem and then saying it is a hoax, and lying about knowing insiders, which makes you look like an idiot. And I am sure once the jackpot goes up to $300 million again that you will claim you will be the sole winner, then say it is a scam after your loss.

Ok ya got me. Yeah i'm just piss off that I didn't win it. But I guess it ain't my time yet to win. When my time come to win, nothing will stop it. I made up the whole story about the hoax and knowing insider. I gotta change the way I play . I will only buy for $10 when the jackpot reach 100 mil. There is always another time to win, so i gotta keep playing the game.

Lukep

Ok ya got me. Yeah i'm just piss off that I didn't win it. But I guess it ain't my time yet to win. When my time come to win, nothing will stop it. I made up the whole story about the hoax and knowing insider. I gotta change the way I play . I will only buy for $10 when the jackpot reach 100 mil. There is always another time to win, so i gotta keep playing the game.

Lukep

Quote: Originally posted by alexnt55 on Feb 13, 2012

Lukep this is the same thing you were saying 2 months ago remember. Than whan the jackpot swelled you start posting about winning the big jackpot. Someone hits the big jackpot and its not you so you start this conspiracy thing again. You admited 2 months ago that you had gone overboard buying tickets. Sounds like you might have spent more than you should have again.

Lukep

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Lukep on Feb 13, 2012

That's disappointing.

I kind of liked the idea of a "Unanimous Insider" looking out for us.

Our own Super Hero.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by CDanaT on Feb 12, 2012

Not yet, can you send me an application?

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Ridge, I just happened to remember I asked you about mixing shine and jack. You thought that might be a good idea. If you hit a big enough jackpot, there's a business plan for ya. Just remember who gave you the idea!

I won't forget ya buckeye, I might even move that idea off the back burner up to the front with my chicken soup in a sponge idea.   Thumbs Up

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Feb 13, 2012

That's disappointing.

I kind of liked the idea of a "Unanimous Insider" looking out for us.

Our own Super Hero.

I want to meet this "Unanimous Insider"!    Conehead    Sounds like it could be our next Guru for LP. Can this "Unanimous Insider Guru" also give us our daily astrological forecasts and provide miracle diet plans?

Is (he, she or it) a Lib, or Republican?    Skeptical

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

Congrats on the win Sandia......Hurray!

Kumo's avatarKumo

Or perhaps a Populist, Libertarian or Moderate, lol!

Bet we find him/her wearing one of them tinfoil hats.Jester

mediabrat's avatarmediabrat

Good Luck to everybody.

Nice!  It may not have been the big one, but 10K's nothing to sneeze at.  Congratulations on your win.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story