CNN producer tells what it's like to win lottery twice

Feb 17, 2012, 9:04 am (88 comments)

Georgia Lottery

I am a two-time lottery winner. I have claimed a $100,000 lottery ticket in November and a $1 million lottery ticket Monday. Both came from scratch off. Everyone has been asking me what it's like to win and so I'll tell you.

A big win is an amazing blessing that I still can't believe is real. And then to be blessed more than once is just extraordinary.

But nothing comes easy. We all go through rough times in our lives, and people don't know the road that one must walk to reach a happy destination finally.

I believe that this blessing came to me because I have worked very hard. I am so fortunate to have a full-time job that I enjoy and co-workers who are good friends. I am thankful for this every day.

But in the last few years some personal circumstances caused me to acquire more debt than I ever thought I would have. Facing a lot of debt can be a real nightmare. It's a good thing that I enjoy working or I might not survive the triple shifts I sometimes take on.

We play lottery every once in a while. It was my husband's idea to buy the ticket for me both times. The $1 million ticket was around our seventh anniversary and Valentine's Day. He thought it would be a funny way to celebrate our love, but little did we know how it would change our lives.

When the first lottery ticket came in November, I was flabbergasted. My car had a big dent in it, and it needed a tuneup. It came just at the right time so that my husband, daughter and I could buy a new sparkling car and finally pay off that evil debt that was plaguing us.

Then, to win a second time and for that amount was a bit of a miracle. The quote that's been going around the Internet is that I was "numb" when I found out. This is true. I just could not believe it.

Perhaps what is even harder to believe is the wild reaction that everyone had and how the story spread like wildfire. I thought that I would just chat with the woman at the lottery claims office, she would write a little blurb for the lottery's website, and no one would really know about it except for the people who check the lottery website. Well, I am a journalist, and I should've known better. The minute it hit the press, my phone and e-mail blew up with congratulations from all over the country and parts of the world.

What's my advice for all the curious folks out there? I want you to know that you must always have faith, always work as hard as you possibly can and do your best to do what is right. I do not recommend scratching your life away at a lottery machine, but rather, focusing on making those around you happy every day.

Now, I am certainly no Mother Teresa, but this quote from her really inspires me and I'd like to share it with you so that you can remember it when you're trying to win in life.

"Let us more and more insist on raising funds of love, of kindness, of understanding, of peace. Money will come if we seek first the Kingdom of God -- the rest will be given."

CNN

Comments

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Nice !!  Glad to get some insight as to how an ordinary, everyday hard worker with debt, had some luck and extra luck for a second time.. It is just a good story to read down through. Even shows you how fast word spreads when you publicly talk about your win (might be a sign to change a few things if you don't want the publicity)....Being positive and doing positive things has its rewards....Kudos to her and her family !!!

mcginnin56

These occurrences are not all that uncommon, just in the last 6 months I have seen several similar stories Todd has posted here on LP.   Type

Just keep the faith baby!    Lep

NightStalker's avatarNightStalker

Good for her.  I hope I have similar luck.  Scratch that, I hope we ALL have similar luck.  Sun Smiley

sandia's avatarsandia

You know, reading this article in her own words, ring a few things to mind. Irrespective of your political, religious or racial inclination, we all have similar problem on a very basic level. She mentions a not so flattering situation on her finacial state a few years back. We can hit each other over different stands as people but, we all share common problems sometimes. I do not consider myself either left or right, I just want a good leader. I do not object to anyone's faith in one religion over the other, I might disagree on how one tries to intimidate the other sometimes, resulting in unecessary loss of innocent lives. I say, let's disagree, we can't help it but, no need to shut one down over the other.

To the lucky lady, congratulations, enjoy it and maybe just maybe, this might be a relief to correct the financial mistakes she made, conciously or unconciously.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL ON YOUR PROSPECTIVE LOTTO WINS.Sun Smiley

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by sandia on Feb 17, 2012

You know, reading this article in her own words, ring a few things to mind. Irrespective of your political, religious or racial inclination, we all have similar problem on a very basic level. She mentions a not so flattering situation on her finacial state a few years back. We can hit each other over different stands as people but, we all share common problems sometimes. I do not consider myself either left or right, I just want a good leader. I do not object to anyone's faith in one religion over the other, I might disagree on how one tries to intimidate the other sometimes, resulting in unecessary loss of innocent lives. I say, let's disagree, we can't help it but, no need to shut one down over the other.

To the lucky lady, congratulations, enjoy it and maybe just maybe, this might be a relief to correct the financial mistakes she made, conciously or unconciously.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL ON YOUR PROSPECTIVE LOTTO WINS.Sun Smiley

Congrats to the winner!

I too, am an ordinary person. For me it is not so much financial mistakes, as it is financial misfortune.

I will continue to believe that my hard work over the past 40 years will also be rewarded  .................Cool  Onyx 2011 Bentley Continental GTC Series 51 - Pittsburgh PA - SCBDR3ZAXBC067097 (4) stay dreamin' my friends

sandia's avatarsandia

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Feb 17, 2012

Congrats to the winner!

I too, am an ordinary person. For me it is not so much financial mistakes, as it is financial misfortune.

I will continue to believe that my hard work over the past 40 years will also be rewarded  .................Cool  Onyx 2011 Bentley Continental GTC Series 51 - Pittsburgh PA - SCBDR3ZAXBC067097 (4) stay dreamin' my friends

LOL, dploly when your ship sails in just take it easy on the toys you are going to buy. Easy does it, one at a time my good man, one at a time.

Good luck to you, dpoly....Wink

WesternRedDoug

"Have faith"
"Work as hard as you possibly can"
"Do what is right"
Make "those around you happy everyday"

Perfect. Have a good weekend.

ressuccess's avatarressuccess

Congratulations to this winner winning twice. I didn't know that this CNN producer won twice.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by ressuccess on Feb 17, 2012

Congratulations to this winner winning twice. I didn't know that this CNN producer won twice.

Yeah, she won twice.

In fact, there's an article about it on the top of this page.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by sandia on Feb 17, 2012

LOL, dploly when your ship sails in just take it easy on the toys you are going to buy. Easy does it, one at a time my good man, one at a time.

Good luck to you, dpoly....Wink

That is sound advice my friend. Thank you!
Good luck also to you sandia!

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

i can see how she got into debt

" old car had a dent and needed a tune up "

solution buy A NEW CAR

LOL

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Feb 17, 2012

Yeah, she won twice.

Cheers

nelliemarie

congrats and i hope you are blessed with many more winnings.Big Smile

jackpotismine's avatarjackpotismine

Winning scratch-off ticket has nothing to do with working hard. A bum from the street could come at the right place and time and hit. Criminals have hit. Abusive and lazy people have hit. Hard work has nothing to do with it. Congrats all the same.

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

Scratch tickets can lead to a gambling addiction. Gambling in any kind of games is very dangerous if you do not stick to a budget.

lotterywannawin's avatarlotterywannawin

Quote: Originally posted by jackpotismine on Feb 17, 2012

Winning scratch-off ticket has nothing to do with working hard. A bum from the street could come at the right place and time and hit. Criminals have hit. Abusive and lazy people have hit. Hard work has nothing to do with it. Congrats all the same.

I Agree!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

You must be very old.

We don't call them "bums" anymore.

We call them "homeless" now.

It's much easier to see them as "victims" that way.

Which opens the door for politically connected people to get high-paying government jobs as "coordinators" in social welfare agencies.

In fancy offices.

So they can help the "homeless".

Cuz nobody would want to help "bums".

Or give people tax dollars for high-paying jobs in fancy offices to "coordinate" helping them.

gogidolim

Yeah, I agree. I was on the verge of being a scratch addict when I was a college freshman. :(

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

I would have to say RTF Article and look at the last sentence in the 5th paragraph.....Working triple shifts to pay off debt ....thats where the "working hard" came in.....no bums or criminals or lazies there..its just nice to hear about a person with that kind of work ethic having a lottery windfall...Patriot

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

Congratulations in order for those two jackpot wins! Dupe Alert

Coming up ... it's time for a used, never-was, lazy, jaded, and or mentally exhausted person, me, to win a net multi-million dollar jackpot!

justxploring's avatarjustxploring

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Feb 17, 2012

i can see how she got into debt

" old car had a dent and needed a tune up "

solution buy A NEW CAR

LOL

Those producers must not get paid very well!   LOL   She's 29, so maybe she's still paying off her college loans. 

By the way, I read that she did buy a new car after her first win last November. 

Well, I just "won" $10 with Florida Fantasy 5.   I put "won" in quotes because I spent more than that to get it. Yes Nod

rad242

!!!POWERBALL JACKPOT it's your turn. See the MEGA MILLIONS $22million and raise it another $5million!!!

gogidolim

Laziness is not the only way to be a homel...oh, sorry Ridge, BUMS. LOL

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by gogidolim on Feb 18, 2012

Laziness is not the only way to be a homel...oh, sorry Ridge, BUMS. LOL

I agree but I'm not the one that called them bums.

It was that guy from China.

I corrected him for being so insensitive and uncaring about the plight of the homeless.

rad242

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Feb 17, 2012

Yeah, she won twice.

lol! you are a riot

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by rad242 on Feb 18, 2012

lol! you are a riot

Well, thank you, rad.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC

rdgnr

So true.  Could drive a fellow to drink, or drink more, more often.  I am trying

to decide which would help the most, Jim, Jack or both.

RL

New York's avatarNew York

I just love this story. This story has changed the way I look at the lottery forever.

This CNN producer has inspired me so much! Yesterday, I bought a $1 scratch off, positive mind-set and got a triple 21 symbol, a prize of $3 in return. 

I also got one number right on my Mega Millions quick pick (number 40). I'm beginning to win again. Embarassed

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by RL-RANDOMLOGIC on Feb 18, 2012

rdgnr

So true.  Could drive a fellow to drink, or drink more, more often.  I am trying

to decide which would help the most, Jim, Jack or both.

RL

Oh, I'd always go with Tennessee whiskey over Bourbon.

And Jack's the best Tennessee.

iBeatTheOdds

Quote: Originally posted by New York on Feb 18, 2012

I just love this story. This story has changed the way I look at the lottery forever.

This CNN producer has inspired me so much! Yesterday, I bought a $1 scratch off, positive mind-set and got a triple 21 symbol, a prize of $3 in return. 

I also got one number right on my Mega Millions quick pick (number 40). I'm beginning to win again. Embarassed

I seriously hope you're kidding.. Religious people are annoying. Anything that is good or unexplainable "must be God's work" yet they seem to not realize that if there truley were a God.. It wouldn't take a lottery win to supply them a new car, roof over there head, or to pay off some over priced student loans etc.

Get real people.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by iBeatTheOdds on Feb 18, 2012

I seriously hope you're kidding.. Religious people are annoying. Anything that is good or unexplainable "must be God's work" yet they seem to not realize that if there truley were a God.. It wouldn't take a lottery win to supply them a new car, roof over there head, or to pay off some over priced student loans etc.

Get real people.

I don't think religious people are annoying at all.
They always seem to be upbeat, positive and generous.

I think cheapskates are annoying.
They always seem to be whining, complaining, negative loudmouths.

iBeatTheOdds

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Feb 18, 2012

Okay well I suggest you pray every night before you go to bed to that invisible man that lives in clouds and ask him to let you win the lottery.

Get back to me in 6 months and let me know how that's going for yah.

gogidolim

Get real people.

Why a sudden comment on religion? Since you are new in here you don't seem to know about the atmosphere in this forum. Being anti-religious is an absolute taboo in LP. If you know the average demographic of lottery players, you will quicly understand. I am not religious at all, but I refrain from criticizing religion in here because of the backlash.

But one thing is kinda strange. I've never met any non-religious people who have very positive opinions on religious people.... Hmm....

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

ive never meet many atheists that play the lotto, logically they say, its stupid. sure quite a few will bang on all day about how the odds suck at me; and im more likely to get struck by a meteor. and quite a few will bang on about how they would share a win, but very few will ante up a buck.

personally im an atheist, but ill ante up the buck or $5, on the "any odds are better than zero odds princilple."

as to god, ill wait until im dead to make my descision who to follow. i have eternity after all right? no need to rush into these things.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Okay well I suggest you pray every night before you go to bed to that invisible man that lives in clouds and ask him to let you win the lottery.

Get back to me in 6 months and let me know how that's going for yah.

You can suggest anything you want to suggest and then go piss up a rope.

I don't take advice from cheapskates who fancy themselves Dear Abby but give out advice that nobody asked for.

gogidolim

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Feb 18, 2012

ive never meet many atheists that play the lotto, logically they say, its stupid. sure quite a few will bang on all day about how the odds suck at me; and im more likely to get struck by a meteor. and quite a few will bang on about how they would share a win, but very few will ante up a buck.

personally im an atheist, but ill ante up the buck or $5, on the "any odds are better than zero odds princilple."

as to god, ill wait until im dead to make my descision who to follow. i have eternity after all right? no need to rush into these things.

Well, I am not an atheist but I am a hardcore deist with Unitarian Universalist leaning, so I can be just as reviled as atheist to uber-religious folks. ;) God might be out there, but he has better things to do than arranging someone's lottery numbers. Or maybe intervening with human affair was never of his job description.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by gogidolim on Feb 18, 2012

Well, I am not an atheist but I am a hardcore deist with Unitarian Universalist leaning, so I can be just as reviled as atheist to uber-religious folks. ;) God might be out there, but he has better things to do than arranging someone's lottery numbers. Or maybe intervening with human affair was never of his job description.

Never heard of a Unitarian Universalist.

I'm a Southern Pedestrian.

sandia's avatarsandia

Get real people.

Oh for heaven's sake. Many of us have doubts about religion, belief or non-belief in a Deity. I have my share of doubt, I consider myself an Agnostic, I am not an Atheist but I still question GOD's existence. However, I do NOT ever insult anyone's religious point of view. I smartly deviate from such topics but I still say "God Bless You" Why, you ask? Because I do not disbelief but I am waiting for a proof to belief not condemn.

That being said, I don't care if people pray for lottery winnings, whom am I to tell another human being what to believe in and what not to? Here you are spouting on, how tired you are of hearing about people's faith in GOD and yet, do not want to be insulted in your belief system, which, is non-belief. Allow me to ask you, "Who the heck died and made you dictator on people's faiths and beliefs?" Laissez Faire, and move on with your life, without insulting people's belief system, not in public, not over the internet, not on a lottery post when someone, decides to give thanks to a being they believe in.

Comprenez vous?

haymaker's avatarhaymaker

Never heard of a Unitarian Universalist.

I'm a Southern Pedestrian.

come on,man i know you own at least one pickup & maybe a horse or 2.

Quote: Originally posted by sandia on Feb 18, 2012

Oh for heaven's sake. Many of us have doubts about religion, belief or non-belief in a Deity. I have my share of doubt, I consider myself an Agnostic, I am not an Atheist but I still question GOD's existence. However, I do NOT ever insult anyone's religious point of view. I smartly deviate from such topics but I still say "God Bless You" Why, you ask? Because I do not disbelief but I am waiting for a proof to belief not condemn.

That being said, I don't care if people pray for lottery winnings, whom am I to tell another human being what to believe in and what not to? Here you are spouting on, how tired you are of hearing about people's faith in GOD and yet, do not want to be insulted in your belief system, which, is non-belief. Allow me to ask you, "Who the heck died and made you dictator on people's faiths and beliefs?" Laissez Faire, and move on with your life, without insulting people's belief system, not in public, not over the internet, not on a lottery post when someone, decides to give thanks to a being they believe in.

Comprenez vous?

got my share too,

not sure about the french ending,

does it mean ? do you get it ?

in any case they should leave it out this conversation

weshar75's avatarweshar75

Congrats on winning the lottery twice.  Hard to do but you seem to have that covered.  I just would like to win a nice prize once myself.  Good luck to all who play!-weshar75

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Get real people.

Get lost!
This is Lottery Post, not Huffington Post!
Blog there if you wish to puke intolerance!

sandia's avatarsandia

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Feb 18, 2012

got my share too,

not sure about the french ending,

does it mean ? do you get it ?

in any case they should leave it out this conversation

It does, Haymaker.... It means - Do you understand? But yes, sarcastically, can be used to illustrate a person's lack of understanding or getting the point.

I like to write it out in full to emphasize the sarcasm behind it....

Alors, comprenez vous? Oui? Tres bien!

Then (thus) do you understand (get the point)? Yes? Very good! (sarcastic intonnation).

Lol.....

Yes, haymaker, who doesen't have doubts? Laissez faire  pour la conversation!(Leave it be and out of the conversation) Big Smile

And that, is the end of my French lesson for the evening....LOL

GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN TONIGHT'S DRAWING.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by sandia on Feb 18, 2012

Comprenez vous?

Thank you for your most kind tolerance!!!!

sandia's avatarsandia

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Feb 19, 2012

Thank you for your most kind tolerance!!!!

That came off as a long rant on my part. I just do not understand why any side decides to bring in religion or lack of it in a negative format. If someone wants to thank their creator in a positie and uplifting way, so be it. If someone does not want to do so, okay. But no need to be rude and condescending about it.

That being said, it is not me being tolerant, it is me being respectful of people and their beliefs. If they don't hurt or condescend others around them,  what is the problem, right? Unfortunately, this is not utopia and we are going to have a pull on that, every chance someone gets to put the other down.

Well, my rant is over.Unhappy

sandia's avatarsandia

Oh, did anybody notice that the jackpot annuinitized (I hope I spelled that right) increased by just $10 million for the second time? Looks, like the sales are slow. Hmm, few people are playing even with the promise of bigger of jackpots.

rad242

Quote: Originally posted by sandia on Feb 19, 2012

Oh, did anybody notice that the jackpot annuinitized (I hope I spelled that right) increased by just $10 million for the second time? Looks, like the sales are slow. Hmm, few people are playing even with the promise of bigger of jackpots.

Of course I noticed!

I am not a happy camper here. I was hoping it would surpass the current Mega Millions Jackpot and really make a statement to lottery players.

Now we can suggest that sales are LAGGING. If it flips again at this rate I'll be back on XANAX.

Cletu$2's avatarCletu$2

Quote: Originally posted by rad242 on Feb 19, 2012

Of course I noticed!

I am not a happy camper here. I was hoping it would surpass the current Mega Millions Jackpot and really make a statement to lottery players.

Now we can suggest that sales are LAGGING. If it flips again at this rate I'll be back on XANAX.

Anyone with a brain could have predicted this.

Raising the price 100% in this economy is insane.Only the hardcore gamblers will think its alright and continue to throw money at it.Most will wait until the jackpot gets to $100,000,000 or more before trying to hit the jackpot.

sandia's avatarsandia

Quote: Originally posted by Cletu$2 on Feb 19, 2012

Anyone with a brain could have predicted this.

Raising the price 100% in this economy is insane.Only the hardcore gamblers will think its alright and continue to throw money at it.Most will wait until the jackpot gets to $100,000,000 or more before trying to hit the jackpot.

Cletu$,

I think many of us, have a very good reasoning capability, thank you very much. Rad and I just pointed out by HOW MUCH the sales were lagging. I know many people did not play the powerball last night, yours sincerely, didn't either.

Yes, the economy is blimy and yes, raising the prices was not a smart move but,when they doubled the price AND doubled the starting jackpot, they assumed hey, at double the jackpot price, people would jump to that, an extra dollar wouldn't hurt them. Apprently, they were WRONG! Now, look at the trend for these past two draws, heck, the jackpot increased by a lesser amount than it would have at the previous cost (feel free to correct me, if I am wrong on this one....thanks). Point being, it will be a long draw out before it reaches a $100 million mark at this rate,provided nobody wins.

iBeatTheOdds

That came off as a long rant on my part. I just do not understand why any side decides to bring in religion or lack of it in a negative format. If someone wants to thank their creator in a positie and uplifting way, so be it. If someone does not want to do so, okay. But no need to be rude and condescending about it.

That being said, it is not me being tolerant, it is me being respectful of people and their beliefs. If they don't hurt or condescend others around them,  what is the problem, right? Unfortunately, this is not utopia and we are going to have a pull on that, every chance someone gets to put the other down.

Well, my rant is over.Unhappy

I am respectful. But religion does not warrant respect. If you want to believe in an invisible man in the sky.. Fine. But don't get pissed when people aren't respectful of your childish dreams. Weak people believe in "God". It's like counseling.. Just another way to profit of the weak.

Get real. Wake up.

rad242

Cletu$,

I think many of us, have a very good reasoning capability, thank you very much. Rad and I just pointed out by HOW MUCH the sales were lagging. I know many people did not play the powerball last night, yours sincerely, didn't either.

Yes, the economy is blimy and yes, raising the prices was not a smart move but,when they doubled the price AND doubled the starting jackpot, they assumed hey, at double the jackpot price, people would jump to that, an extra dollar wouldn't hurt them. Apprently, they were WRONG! Now, look at the trend for these past two draws, heck, the jackpot increased by a lesser amount than it would have at the previous cost (feel free to correct me, if I am wrong on this one....thanks). Point being, it will be a long draw out before it reaches a $100 million mark at this rate,provided nobody wins.

I agree

This is still a discussion forum isn't? Or the pychic network? I get confused from time to time. The hostility over things where we have no control never ceases to amaze me.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by iBeatTheOdds on Feb 19, 2012

I am respectful. But religion does not warrant respect. If you want to believe in an invisible man in the sky.. Fine. But don't get pissed when people aren't respectful of your childish dreams. Weak people believe in "God". It's like counseling.. Just another way to profit of the weak.

Get real. Wake up.

Nobody was asking you to adopt their beliefs.

We have freedom of religion and freedom of speech in this country which means people can openly praise their God if they so choose and you can't stop them.

It also means you can use your freedom of speech to attack them for their beliefs if you wanna be a schmuck.

And you are a schmuck, aren't you?

Always attacking the good people because you're afraid of the bad people.

Cletu$2's avatarCletu$2

Cletu$,

It seems to me that you just made my point for me.Thank you.

rad242

Quote: Originally posted by Cletu$2 on Feb 19, 2012

It seems to me that you just made my point for me.Thank you.

We're not disagreeing with you. I'm just VENTING.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Get real. Wake up.

Get lost!

This is Lottery Post, not Huffington Post!

Blog there if you wish to participate in Intolerance, Fascism and far left Sycophancy!   Puke 

iBeatTheOdds

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Feb 19, 2012

Nobody was asking you to adopt their beliefs.

We have freedom of religion and freedom of speech in this country which means people can openly praise their God if they so choose and you can't stop them.

It also means you can use your freedom of speech to attack them for their beliefs if you wanna be a schmuck.

And you are a schmuck, aren't you?

Always attacking the good people because you're afraid of the bad people.

"Always Attacking the good people because you're afraid of the bad people."

You have to be religious.. Because you're making no sense. Attacting the good people? What are you talking about? Categorizing religious people as "good people" isn't even close to the truth. The leading cause of murder is "God". Makes his followers "good people".

My point is.. If you want to believe in some invisible man in sky and some evil man somewhere below our feet... Be my guest. But I'm going to openly criticize anybody who does. because your an idiot.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

You have to be religious.. Because you're making no sense. Attacting the good people? What are you talking about? Categorizing religious people as "good people" isn't even close to the truth. The leading cause of murder is "God". Makes his followers "good people".

My point is.. If you want to believe in some invisible man in sky and some evil man somewhere below our feet... Be my guest. But I'm going to openly criticize anybody who does. because your an idiot.

You seem to forget that the biggest murderers in history were Hitler (12,000,000 including concentration camps and civilians WWII), Stalin (23,000,000 including the purges plus Ukraine's famine) & Mao (49-78,000,000)!

So typical of Progressive Sycophants "Free Thinking" Parrots!!!!!

Go browse the hatred on evolvefish.com ...........................

sandia's avatarsandia

It really isn't very nice of you to call anybody an idiot because of what they believe in. I am an Agnostic, still waiting for the prove of God's existence but I do not insult anyone who has that belief. Again, as long as no is bothering anybody, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? I mean, did anyone threaten your life? If someone accosted you for your non-belief, remember, it is the freedom of words, words are just that, words, sme taken with a grain of salt.

I ask you again, is it personal disgust or just an intellect disgust on your part? I have come across many intelligent individuals that believe in a higher power, does that make all of them idiots? No. Has religion in the past and current, created some strife? Maybe. Yet, I have met good religious people and good non-religious people. There are bad and evil on both sides of the theist and non-theist spectrum. The idea of belief or, lack of belief should not result to mudslinging. The reason why so much malice is being thrown from both sides is because, the worst extremists on both sides, have not done much to present their point across, with decorum and respect.  That is where we have a problem. I have been accosted for my gnostic beliefs however, I rather not trade barbs and insults. Come on, we have so much to disagree on, let's leave religion as one of the topics not to bring to the forefront.

Truce?

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

It really isn't very nice of you to call anybody an idiot because of what they believe in. I am an Agnostic, still waiting for the prove of God's existence but I do not insult anyone who has that belief. Again, as long as no is bothering anybody, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? I mean, did anyone threaten your life? If someone accosted you for your non-belief, remember, it is the freedom of words, words are just that, words, sme taken with a grain of salt.

I ask you again, is it personal disgust or just an intellect disgust on your part? I have come across many intelligent individuals that believe in a higher power, does that make all of them idiots? No. Has religion in the past and current, created some strife? Maybe. Yet, I have met good religious people and good non-religious people. There are bad and evil on both sides of the theist and non-theist spectrum. The idea of belief or, lack of belief should not result to mudslinging. The reason why so much malice is being thrown from both sides is because, the worst extremists on both sides, have not done much to present their point across, with decorum and respect.  That is where we have a problem. I have been accosted for my gnostic beliefs however, I rather not trade barbs and insults. Come on, we have so much to disagree on, let's leave religion as one of the topics not to bring to the forefront.

Truce?

No truce for me! As long as "ibeat" is posting Fascist hatred that does not belong on Lottery Post, I will confront the hatred. Extremists must be dealt with if we are to avoid this most insidious and murderous behavior!

mcginnin56

So what you seem to conclude is that to believe in anything "invisible" you must be an "idiot"   Crazy

Light, Radiation, Radio & TV waves, Gamma waves, Spiritual Energy, Magnetism, Ultraviolet Light, Black Holes.......this list can go on and on. These are all "invisible" entities, but they all very much exist and display "visible" properties which effect all our lives everyday.

Because you never "saw" Jesus, Confucius, Mohamoud, or the birth of our solar system are you inferring that all this is just fiction? To do so would be calling billions of your peers on this small planet raving lunatics correct?

We appreciate your positions on this LP forum, but to hurl these blanket insults, and spew your hatred based on your narrow and apparently uneducated point of view, has only further eroded your little remaining credibility.

Who appointed you to openly criticize anyone?    What?

y2kjackson

Hey congrats , I see lightning can strike twice in one place. Whats your secret? lol!!!

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by y2kjackson on Feb 19, 2012

Hey congrats , I see lightning can strike twice in one place. Whats your secret? lol!!!

Which Post Reply are you responding to???

iBeatTheOdds

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Feb 19, 2012

So what you seem to conclude is that to believe in anything "invisible" you must be an "idiot"   Crazy

Light, Radiation, Radio & TV waves, Gamma waves, Spiritual Energy, Magnetism, Ultraviolet Light, Black Holes.......this list can go on and on. These are all "invisible" entities, but they all very much exist and display "visible" properties which effect all our lives everyday.

Because you never "saw" Jesus, Confucius, Mohamoud, or the birth of our solar system are you inferring that all this is just fiction? To do so would be calling billions of your peers on this small planet raving lunatics correct?

We appreciate your positions on this LP forum, but to hurl these blanket insults, and spew your hatred based on your narrow and apparently uneducated point of view, has only further eroded your little remaining credibility.

Who appointed you to openly criticize anyone?    What?

Your arguments are terrible. You're just trying to justify your unrealistic beliefs by comparing an invisible man in the sky to things such radio waves and radiation. You're an idiot. If you're going to try to argue at least learn how to.

And as far as your "narrow and uneducated" assumption goes.. You're wrong again. I've done plenty of research and read the bible among many other readings about religion(which is more then most can say that actually believe in this silly thing).

Any one that isn't a child and still believes in "God" is a complete fool. I understand you've been brainwashed since you've been a child, but wake up and smell the truth.

y2kjackson

i am just posting on the general topic of that person hitting twice

mcginnin56

i am just posting on the general topic of that person hitting twice

Roger that!   Thumbs Up

y2kjackson

People i have one question for all of you.

If had the ability to change something or anthing what would it be?

My answer is that is for and speaking for myself , i would build a time machine and go back in my time to correct my mistakes and poor judgement over the past years

mcginnin56

Your arguments are terrible. You're just trying to justify your unrealistic beliefs by comparing an invisible man in the sky to things such radio waves and radiation. You're an idiot. If you're going to try to argue at least learn how to.

And as far as your "narrow and uneducated" assumption goes.. You're wrong again. I've done plenty of research and read the bible among many other readings about religion(which is more then most can say that actually believe in this silly thing).

Any one that isn't a child and still believes in "God" is a complete fool. I understand you've been brainwashed since you've been a child, but wake up and smell the truth.

Who ever said there was an invisible man? "God" can mean many different things to different cultures. The stereo type of "God" you probably think of is an old white man with a long white beard, sitting on his lavish throne. Must be that most all of our presidents, Einstein, thousands of scholars, Nobel peace prize winners, world class singers, songwriters, and actors have all been  Dupe Alerted.?

Forget about religion for the moment iBeat. Let's just talk about a little thing called common courtesy, and respect for others views. Whether you agree or not, you don't have to be a self centered little A-hole. Apparently you were brought up to not give a rats ass about anyone's opinion but your own.

Sounds like you just need a good spanking and be sent into your corner for a spell.    No No

rcbbuckeye's avatarrcbbuckeye

Dude....

better for you to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to spew your $hit and remove all doubt of being a fool.

Respect is all anybody is asking of you. Obviously, you are incapable. A fool.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Here we go again ................ iBeatTheOdds thinks that it is actually on Fascist Post !

Only Fascist Lunatics use words like "narrow and uneducated" to demean others! That is what it has been brainwashed to say, because it is just an illiterate child!

iBeatTheOdds is the annoying classmate that we all had in grammar school that never grew up and is angry that those of us with superior intellect and cognitive ability have moved on to adulthood.  Crying

This pseudo-intellectual is just parroting what it has been bottle fed by extreme left. It wouldn't recognize an original thought if it saw one!

You have to pity idiots like this Bash

Best wishes to almost everyone for good fortune and big Jackpot for all!

People i have one question for all of you.

If had the ability to change something or anthing what would it be?

My answer is that is for and speaking for myself , i would build a time machine and go back in my time to correct my mistakes and poor judgement over the past years

can i borrow your time machine, i want to take a trip to the future and pick up a copy LPs lottery almanac. LOL

Look at what you have caused. Because of my post you're going on a trolling spree. Hater.

Is it wrong that this story has inspired me? Can I not believe in a higher power? 

Why are you trying to influence pure stupidity/negativity? Why are you so angry that there isn't a God? Has something in your life occurred?

Are you blaming God for not getting things your way? Are you blaming God for any mishaps? Did you give up on God at any point in your life? Do you actually think your the truth

Why is the bible so silly? If there is no God, then can you explain the miracle aspect of things? Do you believe in anything

What are your ambitions, goals, ideas? Do you think you'll ever win a lottery jackpot?

Although ibeat is now banned (karma is a ______ isn't it?) 

Not the point but ibeat, who are you praying to if you don't believe in God?:

God does not recognize what you have done right, only what you have done wrong. You're in the hands of the devil now. I'll say a pray for you.

sandia's avatarsandia

Quote: Originally posted by New York on Feb 19, 2012

Although ibeat is now banned (karma is a ______ isn't it?) 

Not the point but ibeat, who are you praying to if you don't believe in God?:

God does not recognize what you have done right, only what you have done wrong. You're in the hands of the devil now. I'll say a pray for you.

New York, hopefully he is gone for good. I have met many rude individuals with little to no respect on people's beliefs but, he takes the cake.Disagree if you have to but to talk down to them in such an insulting manner, does not behoove any respect that he demands for his own opinions.

Not believing in something, does not give you the green light to insult those who believe. We all have doubts and questions, heaven knows I have them plenty but I never for the life of me, would consider insulting those who have absolute faith in the existence of a higher power. That is just disrespectful. IBeatTheOdds is just an awful creature!

May we never encounter such blatant arrogance and rudeness from the likes of him ever again!

New York, hopefully he is gone for good. I have met many rude individuals with little to no respect on people's beliefs but, he takes the cake.Disagree if you have to but to talk down to them in such an insulting manner, does not behoove any respect that he demands for his own opinions.

Not believing in something, does not give you the green light to insult those who believe. We all have doubts and questions, heaven knows I have them plenty but I never for the life of me, would consider insulting those who have absolute faith in the existence of a higher power. That is just disrespectful. IBeatTheOdds is just an awful creature!

May we never encounter such blatant arrogance and rudeness from the likes of him ever again!

Thanks Sandia, you know right from wrong. He should have never posted such remarks in the first place but thankfully he's gone for now. 

I never understand why people enjoy being disrespectful but I guess that's how it is when your blinded by darkness, in my opinion. May we never encounter arrogant negative souls again. 

Good luck everyone, enjoy having fun when playing the lotto, and of course win big!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

A lot of atheists are militant and hateful.

Like the ones always complaining about being "offended" by the public display of crosses or other religious icons.

It comes from an emptiness in the heart and soul.

Because God is love and if you don't have love in you, life is a very empty experience.

pick4master

I am thinking the same thing. Sales are slow. They are going to have to let someone win around 70 mill. At 2 dollars, people are waiting for a 100 mill and beyond.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by pick4master on Feb 19, 2012

I am thinking the same thing. Sales are slow. They are going to have to let someone win around 70 mill. At 2 dollars, people are waiting for a 100 mill and beyond.

For me, I have a small budget for Powerball & Mega Millions only. I have been playing Mega Millions since the last big Jackpot for Powerball. I am waiting for the cash to get to my desired threshold, because Mega Millions is larger. This is nothing more than personal preference. I will most likely start playing both after Wednesday's drawing. Unless Mega Millions is won on Tuesday, then I will definitely play on Wednesday.

Lep playing for fun and hopefully profit .............

Thank you for posting something about the "lottery". How very refreshing from the "other" subject!

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

Cletu$,

Many of us do have good reasoning ability, but according to lottoreport, about 18.5 million tickets were sold for the previous  ($50 million) PB drawing. At that time MM was offering a bigger prize at the same odds for half as much per chance. I'd say that's a lot of people making a choice that's not based on good reasoning.

FWIW,  those 18.5 million tickets contributed almost $11.9 million (cash) to the jackpot. That would increase the advertised annuity value by about $19 million if they jackpot still started at a lower value. Compare that to the $12 million increase from $54 to $66  shortly before the price increase. The starting jackpot has never been funded by sales on the first roll. It has always taken increased sales for higher advertised jackpots to fully fund the advertised jackpot. Now that they start at $40 million it takes more rolls to reach the point where the jackpot is fully funded and 100% of sales can be used to increase the jackpot. The first few jumps will be smaller, but the prize is still bigger for any given number of rolls.

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

I don't know how many of the Patels are religious people, but I'm sure the ones that are appreciate your vote of confidence.

lele100

Amen, congrats to the winner.

lele100

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

The poor soul...

He was just too high strung is all.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by KY Floyd on Feb 20, 2012

I don't know how many of the Patels are religious people, but I'm sure the ones that are appreciate your vote of confidence.

I know some Patels that are very nice, honest and friendly people and their religious beliefs are their business and unbeknownst to me. I frequent their establishment on occasion and I have always been treated with fairness, respect and kindness and I appreciate it.

I also appreciate your coming out to represent cheapskates and in this spirit of openness I have a cofession to make.

I once took part in a prank to drive cheapskates insane. In a saloon I used to frequent, a few of the good ol' boys and me decided to Crazy Glue two pennies to the sidewalk in front of the saloon and watch what happened from the window.

Well, you can imagine the roar of laughter coming out of the saloon as a cheapskate would try to get the pennies off the sidewalk. Some of them would spend a few minutes trying to kick them loose while we roared inside. Finally, they would give that weasely Harry Reid look of disgust back at us and go off in a huff.

The two pennies did eventually disappear though. We surmised that a cheapskate came back with a hammer and chisel after closing time and got them.

Ahh, them were the good ol' days.

cbr$'s avatarcbr$

congratulations to the CNN producer , who is acknowleding the fact , she had been blessed. Especially with back to back large ticket wins. Keep thanking  the true provider. Faith do work wonders. I know this is a truly a  awesome experience. congrations. Enjoy this moment !!!!!!!Blue Angel

sully16's avatarsully16

Congrats to the winners.

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

Quote: Originally posted by CDanaT on Feb 17, 2012

Nice !!  Glad to get some insight as to how an ordinary, everyday hard worker with debt, had some luck and extra luck for a second time.. It is just a good story to read down through. Even shows you how fast word spreads when you publicly talk about your win (might be a sign to change a few things if you don't want the publicity)....Being positive and doing positive things has its rewards....Kudos to her and her family !!!

thank U <<<<<< CNN<<<<<<4<<<D<wonderful>>>>STORY!!!!

it make's me feel>warm>touchey>feel'ee !!

Jack-in-the-Box

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

Quote: Originally posted by psykomo on Feb 22, 2012

thank U <<<<<< CNN<<<<<<4<<<D<wonderful>>>>STORY!!!!

it make's me feel>warm>touchey>feel'ee !!

Jack-in-the-Box

LP>>>>>>>>>PEOPLE>>>>>>LUV>>CNN<<STORIE'sssss!!!!

Jack-in-the-Box

US FlagPartyUS FlagPartyUS FlagNo Pity!US FlagSpamUS FlagSmash

Scientistman

The CNN Producer says its because of Faith and Hard Work! Bla bla bla

The CNN Producer is only saying this because he won. So wanting to make sense of his win in error takes credit for winning it because of "his faith" or "hard work!"

Baloney!!!!

What about the child molester that won a few years back? Or the Murderer? Was that because of Faith and hard Work!

Yeah Hard work molesting little kids! And murdering people!

Or the large Family who were all addicted to drugs each and every one of them including the parents and still won!

Was that because of hard work and faith? I dont think so!

And yet later cleaned up their lives and all became God fearing people ..each and every one of them.. using the jackpot win to do so!

The only reason anyone wins is because God wills it so..and no other reason.

You cant cheat FATE!

God plays no favorites every single person has the same equal chance to win! Molester-Murderer-Drug addict-CNN PRODUCER!

Even the rotten people mentioned above! And the not so rotten!

If you've purchased a ticket then you're in the game and you have a chance.

If you didnt purchase a ticket then you have no chance in HELL to win!

And you cant cheat FATE either, If you are meant to win there is not a darn thing you can do to stop it! You will win regardless! 

Nothing to do with Faith or hard work!

PERIOD!

CNN Producer You won because GOD willed it and it had nothing to do with you!

REMEMBER THAT!

Kind Regards

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Feb 20, 2012

I know some Patels that are very nice, honest and friendly people and their religious beliefs are their business and unbeknownst to me. I frequent their establishment on occasion and I have always been treated with fairness, respect and kindness and I appreciate it.

I also appreciate your coming out to represent cheapskates and in this spirit of openness I have a cofession to make.

I once took part in a prank to drive cheapskates insane. In a saloon I used to frequent, a few of the good ol' boys and me decided to Crazy Glue two pennies to the sidewalk in front of the saloon and watch what happened from the window.

Well, you can imagine the roar of laughter coming out of the saloon as a cheapskate would try to get the pennies off the sidewalk. Some of them would spend a few minutes trying to kick them loose while we roared inside. Finally, they would give that weasely Harry Reid look of disgust back at us and go off in a huff.

The two pennies did eventually disappear though. We surmised that a cheapskate came back with a hammer and chisel after closing time and got them.

Ahh, them were the good ol' days.

KY Jelly?

Floydy?

That little rascal!

He always disappears after I respond to whatever ridiculous thing he has to say at the time.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story