Maryland Lottery officials inundated with Mega Millions rumors

Apr 2, 2012, 9:12 pm (85 comments)

Mega Millions

Lottery says rumors of a McDonald's employee winning Mega Millions most likely false

Maryland lottery officials were inundated Monday with hundreds of calls fueled by rumors about the identity of the Baltimore County shopper who will share in the $656 million Mega Millions jackpot.

"Everyone says they know who the winner is," said lottery spokeswoman Carole Everett. "It's their cousin. It's a person who works at their doctor's office. It's the guy up the street who mows the lawn. We're not going to chase gossip."

Lottery officials say they've heard around 15 tall tales associated with the identity of the person who bought the winning ticket for Friday's drawing at a 7-Eleven in Milford Mill.

Several hoaxes have flown across the Internet after Facebook and Twitter users doctored fake winning tickets and posted them online.

But the most persistent rumor, lottery officials say, stemmed from a Monday New York Post article — which was repeated by media outlets across the country — that stated that the Maryland winner was an employee of a McDonald's just down Liberty Road from the 7-Eleven. The newspaper reported that the employee, Mirlande Wilson, 37, of Baltimore's Westport neighborhood, had bought tickets for a pool of co-workers and was fighting with them over whether the "winning" ticket was bought for her alone or for the pool.

Wilson initially told the paper she had won the jackpot but later changed her story: "I don't know if I won. Some of the numbers were familiar. I recognized some of [them]," she reportedly said.

She could not immediately produce the winning ticket but said she would contact lottery officials with it on Monday. As of Monday evening, lottery officials said they had heard from no winner and dismissed Wilson's story as likely nothing more than unsubstantiated gossip.

Wilson's cell phone voice mailbox was full Monday afternoon when The Sun repeatedly tried to contact her.

"We've heard so much gossip," Everett says. "That one just happened to make the newspaper. We do not expect this woman to come in."

The mystery winner has up to 182 days after the drawing to claim the prize, which will be $218.6 million split between the three unknown winners in Maryland, Kansas and Illinois.

Lottery director Stephen Martino said Maryland officials have video of the winning ticket being purchased. However, a differential between the clocks on the ticket distribution system and the video mean officials cannot pinpoint the winning buyer using video alone, he said.

Martino said winners usually claim their jackpots within the first week but can take longer. He said he's seen red-eyed, excited winners report to his offices the morning after the drawing, but also had lawyers call on behalf of clients days later. Most big jackpot winners have remained anonymous, he said. There have been eight Mega Millions winners in Maryland history.

One winner who did go public, Elwood "Bunky" Bartlett, formerly of Dundalk, walked away with $32.6 million after he split a Mega Millions jackpot in 2007. He now says the winners should avoid taking the lump sum and remain anonymous.

"The American people seem to think that just because you win money you're supposed to share it with everyone else," he says. "I have thousands and thousands of emails explaining that thinking process. My favorite came from the person who wrote $34,000 in the subject line, and then included just their name and address. That was it. No explanation, no story. Just $34,000."

Martino said he now worries false reports could cause the real winner to think someone else had won.

"Could there be some truth to one of these rumors? There could be," he says. "But it's really not healthy to get involved with all this speculation."

Baltimore Sun

Comments

New York's avatarNew York

OMG, the media frenzy/gossip continues! When will it end lol. Crying

No seriously though, the winner should come forward or better yet, wait 3 weeks. I'm just glad that ridiculous Mc. Donalds story is over.

I just feel bad that those pool of people actually thought they won. That lady is wrong with messing with people's emotions. Anyways, now that the focus is off her, they should just relax and be patient for a winner.

The media/internet won't give it a break but I guess that's how it is when someone is a lucky winner of an historical jackpot. That's a lot of pressure.

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

its a 70 yo lawyer type from new york.

mightwin's avatarmightwin

I read that in Maryland you can claim anonymously, so we should never know who the winner is right?, unless they are an idiot

time*treat's avatartime*treat

"Everyone says they know who the winner is"  Like that info would do them any personal good by passing it on. Hit With Stick

Facebook and Twitter users doctored fake winning tickets and posted them online.  It's all fun-and-games until someone's home address is tweeted. BS

an employee of a McDonald's ...  ... is probably going to get kicked out of that pool, real soon now. It'd be quite funny if they won soon afterwards. LOL

One winner who did go public, Elwood "Bunky" Bartlett, formerly of Dundalk, walked away with $32.6 million after he split a Mega Millions jackpot in 2007. He now says the winners should avoid taking the lump sum and remain anonymous.

"formerly" of Dundalk ...

Someone around here had a tagline about winners either a) remaining anonymous or b) wishing they had. Yes Nod

cartman2478

Maybe the "alleged winner" skipped town until the heat dies down from the story. She can wait a month or so and slip back into town and claim the ticket anonimously

Given the publicity she has received, I am sure that she has received multiple offers for legal representation. She might be keeping quiet while her legal team strategizes her approach to claiming the winnings.

If in fact she holds the winning ticket, I am not sure what on earth pocessed her to speak with The Post

ladygirl99's avatarladygirl99

Quote: Originally posted by cartman2478 on Apr 2, 2012

Maybe the "alleged winner" skipped town until the heat dies down from the story. She can wait a month or so and slip back into town and claim the ticket anonimously

Given the publicity she has received, I am sure that she has received multiple offers for legal representation. She might be keeping quiet while her legal team strategizes her approach to claiming the winnings.

If in fact she holds the winning ticket, I am not sure what on earth pocessed her to speak with The Post

I don't think she is telling the truth, How could you not know if you have the winning ticket or not. smh!!

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

"I just feel bad that those pool of people actually thought they won. That lady is wrong with messing with people's emotions" I Agree! New York...

VenomV12

Whoever won this is probably counting the days until the wire transfer can be completed and they can disappear out of the country. 

The Illinois and Kansas winners must be loving all the crap that is going on in Maryland. No one is even talking about them right now. 

haymaker's avatarhaymaker

Quote: Originally posted by VenomV12 on Apr 2, 2012

Whoever won this is probably counting the days until the wire transfer can be completed and they can disappear out of the country. 

The Illinois and Kansas winners must be loving all the crap that is going on in Maryland. No one is even talking about them right now. 

That will buy them time, but theres still a lot of noise about a small IL. town being put on the map,

i have to wonder if the kansas one will make an even better story,

last i checked it has not been narrowed down to one county yet.

Littleoldlady's avatarLittleoldlady

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Apr 2, 2012

"I just feel bad that those pool of people actually thought they won. That lady is wrong with messing with people's emotions" I Agree! New York...

What if she is not lying but instead is trying to find one of her "relatives" to cash in the ticket so she won't have to share.  Jester Laugh

RedStang's avatarRedStang

Just saw the 656 update. Whoever it is gets a 5 mill doll bonus. Basically a lotto itself.

cartman2478

Perhaps she can have a relative claim the money using an irrevocable trust granting all the winnings to her less the $5MM fee to the grantor for services rendered? Wink

Piaceri

It was a rich white racist republican investment banker from rhode island just passing through baltimore and decided to buy a singe mm qp along with this perrier.

PS  it was the first time he's ever played any lottery game. ever.

PPS in reality, he just forclosed on 15 homes in the area, but didn't want to let on that is why he was in the area.

Simba774

Americans give anyone fame these days, so people will do anything to get their name out there. She might get a Reality show. God, I wish I knew someone in Red Bud and was visiting them at that exact time.No Pity!

ttech10's avatarttech10

Man I'd love to be one of the winners. I'd be out claiming as soon as I can. With all this hoopla going on nodoby is going to care about one of the other winners claiming via a trust.

What's ridiculous though is that people actually call the office to say they know who the winner is. They probably don't, but even if they did... what help at all is that?

NightStalker's avatarNightStalker

The more I kept hearing this story, the more I kept thinking that the woman was full of bull puckey!  Why do people do this stuff.  Just to be on tv?  Ugh!  Sometimes our society makes me Puke

Quote: Originally posted by Littleoldlady on Apr 3, 2012

What if she is not lying but instead is trying to find one of her "relatives" to cash in the ticket so she won't have to share.  Jester Laugh

Littleoldlady, I never said she was lying I was agreeing with New York when he said it was wrong to mess with her co-worker emotions even if she does have a relative claim the ticket she also told one of the workers that she would share with the pool once again messing with there emotions.

"I just feel bad that those pool of people actually thought they won. That lady is wrong with messing with people's emotions" I Agree! New York...

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by cartman2478 on Apr 2, 2012

Her legal "team"    Group Hug    Please...your not serious right?  LOL   Doubt she could afford a side order of McNuggets!

Oh I forgot.....April Fools!!!  Jack-in-the-Box

joshuacloak's avatarjoshuacloak

will the real slim shady please stand up, that songs make me think of this,

fact is april fools was same weekend it was won on friday

don't think of rumor is real ever during this time.

also  i have a feeling it be a week before we see a offical winner. 

be it a trust with a laywer, or a public winner, these people are lawyering up

thro we should know all 3 winners by end of 2 weeks

as anyone past that point, is just delaying bank intrest off money, and is their for stupid winners, who does not know or care their losing money

thro i guest people who win 100+ cash, could care less about earning more LOL.

dopey7719's avatardopey7719

Can someone please explain to me WHY would someone make up a story like this?  What is the proper word/name/diagnosis/or whatever that explains why people make things like this up? Crazy just seems like too simple a word to use.

Littleoldlady's avatarLittleoldlady

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Apr 3, 2012

Littleoldlady, I never said she was lying I was agreeing with New York when he said it was wrong to mess with her co-worker emotions even if she does have a relative claim the ticket she also told one of the workers that she would share with the pool once again messing with there emotions.

"I just feel bad that those pool of people actually thought they won. That lady is wrong with messing with people's emotions" I Agree! New York...

I was making fun of the rumor.  Nothing personal.  No need to get upset.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by dopey7719 on Apr 3, 2012

Can someone please explain to me WHY would someone make up a story like this?  What is the proper word/name/diagnosis/or whatever that explains why people make things like this up? Crazy just seems like too simple a word to use.

Oh sure that's an easy one. The text book definition of this mental condition is commonly referred to as "MEDIA WHORE'.    Hippy

The only known cure, is for her to get a good dose of ass kicking from her lottery office pool, and this dose should be taken ASAP!   Hit With Stick

dopey7719's avatardopey7719

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Apr 3, 2012

Oh sure that's an easy one. The text book definition of this mental condition is commonly referred to as "MEDIA WHORE'.    Hippy

The only known cure, is for her to get a good dose of ass kicking from her lottery office pool, and this dose should be taken ASAP!   Hit With Stick

That seems to fit her perfectly!  If she is lying then I would personally look the other way if her lottery office pool gave her exactly what it is she is loudly asking for!

mcginnin56

That seems to fit her perfectly!  If she is lying then I would personally look the other way if her lottery office pool gave her exactly what it is she is loudly asking for!

I might take some video footage of her receiving a good "dose". I would then sell the righteous flick on E-bay to the highest bidder, and

turn over all the proceeds to the lotto pool for a job well done!   Cheers    Green laugh    LOL

Quote: Originally posted by Littleoldlady on Apr 3, 2012

I was making fun of the rumor.  Nothing personal.  No need to get upset.

Oh No sweetie, not upsetSmile, I was just letting you know that it would be wrong to mess with people's emotions....  it's all good!!!!!!!

TnTicketlosers's avatarTnTicketlosers

When someone in America come up with a National Raffle game count me in like big time.So many winners per play oh yea.This one winner for all this money is quite stupid in ((((((MY)))))) eyes.I love playing the raffle when Tennessee does it...

rad242

Idiots stop tying up the phone lines THE REAL WINNER can't get through! lol

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by mightwin on Apr 2, 2012

I read that in Maryland you can claim anonymously, so we should never know who the winner is right?, unless they are an idiot

That is a big ditto for me! I Agree!

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

1 ticket with 1 winner is the only way to go!  In my eyes, only the childish people whine about 1 person winning BIG!

SmashI don't play raffles, I play MM and Powerball because of the chance to win very large amounts of money!

I have played the same way since 1986!Patriot

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Apr 3, 2012

1 ticket with 1 winner is the only way to go!  In my eyes, only the childish people whine about 1 person winning BIG!

SmashI don't play raffles, I play MM and Powerball because of the chance to win very large amounts of money!

I have played the same way since 1986!Patriot

I guess that means you would have been disappointed had you been one of the "three" winners last Friday?   Yes Nod

rad242

Delusions of Grandeur!!!

y2kjackson

What a real Mc<snip>!

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

y2kjackson

Playing with money , is playing with someones' emotion. Thats what big worm from the movie Friday says.

y2kjackson

what a real Mca$$hole!

tryintohit's avatartryintohit

I guess that means you would have been disappointed had you been one of the "three" winners last Friday?   Yes Nod

Right!! that is funny!!Sad Cheers

winwi5

I believe the lady at mcdonalds won, however i think she is trying to be greedy and slick and she is trying to find someone else to claim the ticket.

The lottery office just said  a differential between the clocks on the ticket distribution system and the video mean officials cannot pinpoint the winning buyer using video alone

Their is a possibility that she won and if the fiance went in the store she can easily say he bought the ticket.

Jill34786's avatarJill34786

If this lady ends up not having the winning ticket, she may want to seek a different line of work. I doubt anyone at the Mcdonald's that employed her would want her back.

rad242

Quote: Originally posted by Jill34786 on Apr 3, 2012

If this lady ends up not having the winning ticket, she may want to seek a different line of work. I doubt anyone at the Mcdonald's that employed her would want her back.

Interesting this is, She may be FLIPPING QUARTER POUNDERS as we write!

She probably issued a mea culpa over caramel sundaes explaining it was a mistake on her part and there was no winning ticket and promised to be more efficient in screwing over trhe lottery pool more effectively when they actually win.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Jill34786 on Apr 3, 2012

I thought I read somewhere (Maybe it was the post?), that in light of all this she has already been axed from McDonald's?      Sulk Off

rad242

I thought I read somewhere (Maybe it was the post?), that in light of all this she has already been axed from McDonald's?      Sulk Off

That would be silly. She could have served as a living, breathing TOURIST ATTRACTION.

I guess someone at her level in the organization would have a morals clause in her contract.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by rad242 on Apr 3, 2012

That would be silly. She could have served as a living, breathing TOURIST ATTRACTION.

I guess someone at her level in the organization would have a morals clause in her contract.

Well hopefully the McDonald Exec's are reading these comments in LP. Maybe they will reverse their decision, and hire her back for that extra

revenue for Maryland tourism. No cooperation wants to lose that that kind of a cash cow$$$!   Hippy

sirbrad's avatarsirbrad

I would not be surprised, just like I said awhile ago that it will probably be another lottery pool with lawsuits. Anyone who plays in pools are stupid idiots. Everything is fine as long as the pool loses every week. But as soon as they win, then no one wants to know each other anymore. LOL People are sad and pathetic. I would never play in a pool. Funny though how the greed comes back to bite them and they deserve it. Losing tickets are the group's tickets, winning tickets are always an individual's who forgot he/she was in a pool. LOL I also find it humorous how all the news agenices think they can just walk in on your life because you won the lottery. I would tell them that I did not exist before I won and I don't now.

Artist77's avatarArtist77

Local DC news---update a minute ago.  This Maryland woman is now represented by a big time attorney with Supreme Court credentials.  He hinted to expect an announcement tomorrow but said he has not seen the ticket either.  Reporters from NY and other places are staked outside her house.

rad242

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Apr 3, 2012

Local DC news---update a minute ago.  This Maryland woman is now represented by a big time attorney with Supreme Court credentials.  He hinted to expect an announcement tomorrow but said he has not seen the ticket either.  Reporters from NY and other places are staked outside her house.

Indulge a simple man if you will, a high caliber attorney is on retainer and has himself not seen the ticket? I think that would be one of the first things required after handshakes, particularly given the meida frenzy surrounding this fiasco!

mcginnin56

Indulge a simple man if you will, a high caliber attorney is on retainer and has himself not seen the ticket? I think that would be one of the first things required after handshakes, particularly given the meida frenzy surrounding this fiasco!

Maybe his "retainer" entailed several happy    Smiley   meals, and was so delighted that he decided to waive the condition to see ticket.    Stretch

lol My guess would be that someone in his office saw it (maybe another attorney, paralegal) so they can save all the official  "info" for the announcement tomorrow (and not take away from that).

mcginnin56

lol My guess would be that someone in his office saw it (maybe another attorney, paralegal) so they can save all the official  "info" for the announcement tomorrow (and not take away from that).

Sounds interesting..... I guess with a hot shot attorney, she may have the winning ticket after all? So much for my conspiracy theories.   Crazy

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

3 winning tickets for MM or Powerball is different than playing a raffle.
I just thought that I would explain that to you!
Kinda funny that I had to explain the difference!  ROTFLOL

Sounds interesting..... I guess with a hot shot attorney, she may have the winning ticket after all? So much for my conspiracy theories.   Crazy

Well she still seems nutty as a fruitcake and whether she gets a share or all of it, I am sure she will burn through it in record time.

mcginnin56

3 winning tickets for MM or Powerball is different than playing a raffle.
I just thought that I would explain that to you!
Kinda funny that I had to explain the difference!  ROTFLOL

What raffle? I know you don't play them. I was referring to last Friday's MM results, which had three winners. From your posts you indicate you

would like to be the only jackpot winner. Can't blame you there, so wouldn't most people!

Just a little light hearted LP humor DP.     LOL

mcginnin56

Well she still seems nutty as a fruitcake and whether she gets a share or all of it, I am sure she will burn through it in record time.

Should be a very interesting news conference. The big question if she has the ticket, will she be sharing with the other 15 pool members.   Roll Eyes

That is a rehash of old info.

rad242

That is a rehash of old info.

I think she may claim her boyfriend bought her personal tickets for her.

I agree!

sometimes i think all this un-planned stuff,

just means these ppl. never really believed they would win.

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Apr 3, 2012

It was a rich white racist republican investment banker from rhode island just passing through baltimore and decided to buy a singe mm qp along with this perrier.

PPS in reality, he just forclosed on 15 homes in the area, but didn't want to let on that is why he was in the area.

Right, and his lenders mainly lost 60% each of their investment ... so they don't like him or anyone else this month.

rad242

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Apr 3, 2012

sometimes i think all this un-planned stuff,

just means these ppl. never really believed they would win.

I agree!

This is why I love this site. As much as people may come on here and say from time to time why talk about money that's not in hand I think most of us to a large degree will have a sensible plan of action should that lucky day come to an LP blogger!

I agree!

This is why I love this site. As much as people may come on here and say from time to time why talk about money that's not in hand I think most of us to a large degree will have a sensible plan of action should that lucky day come to an LP blogger!

Thinking a step by step plan is needed,

problem is everyone is different tax/state wise etc.

so it would have to be general.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Apr 3, 2012

Agree with stupid FYI, banks loan money, they don't give it away!

Don't like banks, find the money somewhere else.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very tired of the "racist" nonsense! A minority group just paid $1,500,000,000 for the LA Dodgers!

No Pity!

thePharaoh's avatarthePharaoh

how really cares

VenomV12

Agree with stupid FYI, banks loan money, they don't give it away!

Don't like banks, find the money somewhere else.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very tired of the "racist" nonsense! A minority group just paid $1,500,000,000 for the LA Dodgers!

No Pity!

You are incorrect. Magic Johnson is the face of the group buying the Dodgers but he only owns 5%. The real owner of the team is Mark Walter, the head of the Guggenheim Partners out of Chicago and he is very white. 

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by thePharaoh on Apr 3, 2012

how really cares

Who's how?

ttech10's avatarttech10

Anyone see the newest article from the Post about this?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/buried_treasure_124D848ioGk6Pm3UrNl8bP

She's saying that she stashed it in McD's since she told people, though workers say she has yet to come back so they don't believe her. They're also saying she's "always been strange" and "likes to have all the attention on herself"... so who knows with this story.

mcginnin56

News crews have been camped out on Wilson's lawn continuously. When she finally emerged she spoke to one reporter and neither confirmed

nor denied she had the winning MM ticket. I am just very confused, I'm trying to make sense of what's going on, I don't know what's happening.

When asked if she was still fighting with her McDonald's co-workers about the winning MM ticket she replied, yeah that's a big problem.

As Artist77 posted yesterday, she has retained counsel of an attorney, and is expected to have some type of news announcement later today.

Thanks for the update ttech.....Thumbs Up

I sure do hope she has pulled her kids out of school, this is becoming very dangerous for her & her family. Maryland allows lottery winners to go anonymous, why would she jeopardize someone harming her & her children. What kind of mother would do that......What?

rad242

Quote: Originally posted by ttech10 on Apr 4, 2012

Anyone see the newest article from the Post about this?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/buried_treasure_124D848ioGk6Pm3UrNl8bP

She's saying that she stashed it in McD's since she told people, though workers say she has yet to come back so they don't believe her. They're also saying she's "always been strange" and "likes to have all the attention on herself"... so who knows with this story.

A strange attention seeking mother of 7? There's the top candidate to be appointed lottery pool captain. I think they should SIT SMALL and STAY SILENT. The more they talk the more they confirm they're were *$&W@$@!

Hindsight is 20/20

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by rad242 on Apr 4, 2012

A strange attention seeking mother of 7? There's the top candidate to be appointed lottery pool captain. I think they should SIT SMALL and STAY SILENT. The more they talk the more they confirm they're were *$&W@$@!

Hindsight is 20/20

Loose lips sink ships. She could sink a a legion of aircraft carriers with those amazing flapping lips. Thinking of...

mcginnin56

Latest update, Wilson will be holding a press conference today with her newly appointed attorney Edward Smith Jr.

Mr. Smith expressed concern for Wilson and her seven children's welfare and privacy.   Lurking

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Apr 4, 2012

Latest update, Wilson will be holding a press conference today with her newly appointed attorney Edward Smith Jr.

Mr. Smith expressed concern for Wilson and her seven children's welfare and privacy.   Lurking

LET THE DRAMA & GAMES BEGIN !!!!!!!          Hit With Stick      ROFL

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by thePharaoh on Apr 3, 2012

how really cares

My name is How, and I do care. I care very much.    Yes Nod

mcginnin56

Just caught a brief glimpse of the actual press conference, (with all the other major news stories going on guess it wasn't a priority with CNN).

Ready for this....just minutes into the press conference her attorney (Edward Smith Jr.), asked all the press corp. to leave the area immediately,

while Ms. Wilson had to take an important phone call (her cell). This is stuff you can't even make up folks!!!   Green laugh Lurking   Jack-in-the-Box     ROFL     Leaving

I'll keep you posted if I hear anything else.   Banana

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by CDanaT on Apr 4, 2012

LET THE DRAMA & GAMES BEGIN !!!!!!!          Hit With Stick      ROFL

Oh its beginning CD, CHECK OUT MY LAST POST.   ROFL

Jill34786's avatarJill34786

Just caught a brief glimpse of the actual press conference, (with all the other major news stories going on guess it wasn't a priority with CNN).

Ready for this....just minutes into the press conference her attorney (Edward Smith Jr.), asked all the press corp. to leave the area immediately,

while Ms. Wilson had to take an important phone call (her cell). This is stuff you can't even make up folks!!!   Green laugh Lurking   Jack-in-the-Box     ROFL     Leaving

The plot does thicken. I think the Mcdonalds that she formally worked at would have been turn inside out in an effort to retrieve the "mythical" ticket. Also if it was her own personal ticket, why on earth would she hide it at work?

C0w Pi3

She's an attention seeker.. end of story. Now let the real winner come forward. Yes Nod

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Jill34786 on Apr 4, 2012

The plot does thicken. I think the Mcdonalds that she formally worked at would have been turn inside out in an effort to retrieve the "mythical" ticket. Also if it was her own personal ticket, why on earth would she hide it at work?

Exactly. Nothing seems to make any sense at all. Next we will be hearing that "Elvis" has the winning ticket hidden in one of his guitars.  Guitar

rad242

CNN didn't shelve the other stories? The unmitigated gall of them to focus on reporting legitimate news!

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by rad242 on Apr 4, 2012

CNN didn't shelve the other stories? The unmitigated gall of them to focus on reporting legitimate news!

They need to get their priorities straight rad!  Mad   Mad   Mad

brees2012's avatarbrees2012

Does the person in Illinois have a chance , where the world , will not know who actually won ?

Illinois doesn't have that privacy , like Kansas and Maryland does . Poor Red Bud or surrounding towns .

You don't have to be living in Red Bud to buy a ticket , just driving through .

rad242

Quote: Originally posted by brees2012 on Apr 4, 2012

Does the person in Illinois have a chance , where the world , will not know who actually won ?

Illinois doesn't have that privacy , like Kansas and Maryland does . Poor Red Bud or surrounding towns .

You don't have to be living in Red Bud to buy a ticket , just driving through .

Well with that BIG MAC soaking up all the spotlight, someone else may be able to slip under the radar should they avoid press conferences and vacation for a year.

searching4luck

Has anyone broke into Mcdonalds yet ransacking it looking for the ticket????

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by searching4luck on Apr 4, 2012

Has anyone broke into Mcdonalds yet ransacking it looking for the ticket????

I tried, but I couldn't bypass the infrared alarm system. Got as far as the prep kitchen area, and made off with a leftover box of McNuggets.  Yes Nod

ttech10's avatarttech10

So browsing around to see if there was anything new I came across this:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/could-glen-burnie-man-be-maryland's-mega-millions-winner-040412

For now though I'm just taking it as a rumor, but I would really love for the winner to come forward so this lady can (if she's lying) can just shut her trap.

Mil$Winner!'s avatarMil$Winner!

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/could-glen-burnie-man-be-maryland's-mega-millions-winner-040412

For now though I'm just taking it as a rumor, but I would really love for the winner to come forward so this lady can (if she's lying) can just shut her trap.

Interesting. That claim is as likely as the McDonald's lady's claim.

I'm not sure why his mother would out him though. He might've liked to remain anonymous...

rad242

Is momma using this to get her country club application APPROVED?

ressuccess's avatarressuccess

Congratulations to this jackpot winner in Maryland.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story