$320 MILLION: Powerball lottery jackpot increased before draw date

Aug 14, 2012, 3:50 pm (196 comments)

Powerball

Sets record for largest Powerball cash value

By Todd Northrop

As a result of brisker than expected ticket sales, lottery officials announced today that the Powerball jackpot has been raised from $305 million to $320 million for Wednesday's drawing.

The jackpot increase immediately launched Wednesday's drawing to #11 on the United States all-time biggest jackpots list.  It will be the fourth-largest Powerball jackpot ever.  The largest Powerball jackpot ever recorded was $365 million won six years ago.

Even bigger news is the jackpot's cash value — at $213.3 million, it will be the largest ever up for grabs in Powerball history.

With the new Powerball enhancements implemented in mid-January, the game has been redesigned to generate bigger jackpots and more millionaires.

The Powerball jackpot has been growing since Jun. 27 and has rolled 14 times.

The $320 million jackpot estimate could easily be greater than that by the time the drawing takes place Wednesday night, Virginia Lottery Executive Director Paula Otto said, as jackpot hopefuls hit the ticket machines in the hours leading up to the drawing.

"We sell the most tickets the night of the drawing," Ms. Otto said. "It'll be interesting to see if the country's excitement meter has gotten reset after that $600 million jackpot."

In early April, a world record Mega Millions $656 million jackpot captured the imagination of lottery players around the country, as wishful gamblers tried their luck at a slice of the largest jackpot in world history.

If there is no Grand Prize winner Wednesday night, the estimate for next Saturday's Powerball drawing (Aug. 18, 2012) will be greater than $400,000,000 — the largest Powerball jackpot ever.

Powerball tickets are $2 per play, or $3 per play with the optional Power Play option.

When a Powerball ticket is purchased with the Power Play option for an extra $1 per ticket, any non-jackpot prize is increased according to a fixed prize schedule, which can be found on the Powerball Drawing Detail page at USA Mega, as well as on the Powerball Prize Payouts page at Lottery Post.

Saturday's Powerball winning number results will be published at USA Mega (www.usamega.com) minutes after the 10:59 pm (Eastern Time) drawing takes place.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

$320 million sounds good to me.... Wink

golfer1960's avatargolfer1960

Oh man, ya'll gonna make me lose my mind, up in here, up in here! - DMX

$320M is outrageous! My stomach is churning and my loins are burning with excitement!

Alpharetta, Ga mansion

Yep, that kind of rich!

weshar75's avatarweshar75

Yes powerball is coming home to Mcminnville, Oregon were it belongs.-weshar75

US Flag

dk1421's avatardk1421

I just bought my second ticket. Yeehaw!

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Aug 14, 2012

$320M is outrageous! My stomach is churning and my loins are burning with excitement!

Alpharetta, Ga mansion

Yep, that kind of rich!

tea well...... the powerball just got interesting

amderdam castle My house when I get that lucky

angel good luck to those playing but I still say its gonna roll over and hit in VA this Saturday angel

hotslot3

Quote: Originally posted by dk1421 on Aug 14, 2012

I just bought my second ticket. Yeehaw!

I already have my tickets. 500 lines worth, purchased yesterday. Not going to buy anymore for this drawing even though I'm tempted to. If it rolls again Wednesday night, I'm going to have to open the wallet again to play for what will be the largest powerball prize ever. 

If it rolls, I predict a $500,000,000 jackpot

Banana

mcginnin56

Wonder if this guy is playing for Wednesday's jackpot?

Hint: He won the Powerball back in 2002 for $315 million, then lost it all.  Crying

ashabug725's avatarashabug725

Quote: Originally posted by weshar75 on Aug 14, 2012

Yes powerball is coming home to Mcminnville, Oregon were it belongs.-weshar75

US Flag

The good ol Midwest.. southern Indiana!!! although I wouldn't mind sharing with Oregon if the numbers rolled... Heck.. even 1000 would be winning the lottery for me right now.. timing couldn't b any better :)

dopey7719's avatardopey7719

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Aug 14, 2012

Hint: He won the Powerball back in 2002 for $315 million, then lost it all.  Crying

That's just mean!  LOL

Twitch if hes smart ....hes in deeeeeep hiding

whiteballz's avatarwhiteballz

$320 million....this is the kind of jackpot people were hoping for when Powerball bumped the price of tickets to $2 each. The first few months when the jackpot would get up to around $70 million and then get reset seem to be long forgotten right now.

I can't see how anybody can throw that much money away in such a short period of time.. INSANE.. however he may play $2 to try lose it again!! ;-)

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by dopey7719 on Aug 14, 2012

That's just mean!  LOL

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by hearsetrax on Aug 14, 2012

angel good luck to those playing but I still say its gonna roll over and hit in VA this Saturday angel

Hmmmm....wonder if hearse is from VA.  What?

dopey7719's avatardopey7719

Of course you are forgiven!  Thanks for reminding us of what we could become if not careful with such a windfall.  Bless his heart....everytime the jackpot reaches that level the news reporters remind us of him....the perfect example of everything that can and will go wrong with bad judgement and a lot of money.

This house is on the market for $20M in Atlanta. Do people really live like this?

Atlanta mansion

atl bedroom

mcginnin56

This house is on the market for $20M in Atlanta. Do people really live like this?

Atlanta mansion

atl bedroom

Sure, why not?  LOL

Sure, why not?  LOL

Oh now that's cute!!

ressuccess's avatarressuccess

I have a new poll question that I put up in the Jackpot games. I hope Powerball jackpot continues to roll. What do you think about my comment?

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by ressuccess on Aug 14, 2012

I have a new poll question that I put up in the Jackpot games. I hope Powerball jackpot continues to roll. What do you think about my comment?

If it rolls, it will be well over $400 million. Good poll, I voted yesterday.   Thumbs Up

Artist77's avatarArtist77

awwwwwwwwwwww so cute.

HEMI6point1

I saw a very nice house in Jupiter, FL for 800K that sits on nearly 2.5 acres and has no HOA.  That's more than enough for me....

Spending 20 million on a house is silly.  For half that I could have a house, build a garage and have all the classic cars and select new cars I want and STILL be able to live off the interest for the rest of my life....

Cletu$2's avatarCletu$2

Alpharetta, Ga mansion

Yep, that kind of rich!

Mansions like this one don't do anything for me.I'll just remodel my two bedroom bungalo and build another two bedroom house in a warm state for wintertime living.

IPlayWeekly's avatarIPlayWeekly

Quote: Originally posted by Cletu$2 on Aug 14, 2012

Mansions like this one don't do anything for me.I'll just remodel my two bedroom bungalo and build another two bedroom house in a warm state for wintertime living.

Yeah, I'm the same way... not impressed one bit about mega mansions.  No one needs that much space and no matter what an interior designer says, they seem to be cold and impersonal

GambleToRamble

Did he actually lose all the money?....  or just lose his life with the overdose death of his granddaughter and general disintegration of his family?

I recall him wishing he never won, but didn't recall him actually losing all the money.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by IPlayWeekly on Aug 14, 2012

Yeah, I'm the same way... not impressed one bit about mega mansions.  No one needs that much space and no matter what an interior designer says, they seem to be cold and impersonal

I'll just make do with my old rat hole. Just give me a bigger piece of cheese. That's all I can ask for. 

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by GambleToRamble on Aug 14, 2012

Did he actually lose all the money?....  or just lose his life with the overdose death of his granddaughter and general disintegration of his family?

I recall him wishing he never won, but didn't recall him actually losing all the money.

From all news accounts he was flat broke by 2007. In addition he still has multiple lawsuits pending against him for deals that went sour.

If he was any broker, his cardboard box home would be repossessed.

I'll just make do with my old rat hole. Just give me a bigger piece of cheese. That's all I can ask for. 

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

I do believe that Pennsylvania is due for this big jackpot !

Ka-ching $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$159,975,000 wire transfer for one lucky winner in Pennsylvania!

Crazy

haymaker's avatarhaymaker

OK, not a regular PB player but,

I bought 1 w/ the PP.

mcginnin56

small places 4 small minds

And small budgets.

LottoLucy's avatarLottoLucy

Quote: Originally posted by hotslot3 on Aug 14, 2012

I already have my tickets. 500 lines worth, purchased yesterday. Not going to buy anymore for this drawing even though I'm tempted to. If it rolls again Wednesday night, I'm going to have to open the wallet again to play for what will be the largest powerball prize ever. 

If it rolls, I predict a $500,000,000 jackpot

Banana

I am wondering how you are going to check all of those tickets?  Are you going to check them by hand or are you going to be taking them someplace and using one of those ticket readers?

Good Luck!

gocart1's avatargocart1

I Agree! That was one really sad story about hitting the jackpot...Jack opened alot of eyes to what NOT to do if you should hit a jackpot..hope he's doing ok now. I havn't seen jack in the news in a bit...

lesson# 1.....tell  nobody you hit a jackpot

lesson# 2.....find a GOOD lawyer that you can  TRUST

lesson# 3.....Find a way to remain  anonymous for states that want to see the person that won

lesson# 4 .....Go back to lesson #1

lesson# 5....enjoy the good life

Artist77's avatarArtist77

Quote: Originally posted by gocart1 on Aug 14, 2012

I Agree! That was one really sad story about hitting the jackpot...Jack opened alot of eyes to what NOT to do if you should hit a jackpot..hope he's doing ok now. I havn't seen jack in the news in a bit...

lesson# 1.....tell  nobody you hit a jackpot

lesson# 2.....find a GOOD lawyer that you can  TRUST

lesson# 3.....Find a way to remain  anonymous for states that want to see the person that won

lesson# 4 .....Go back to lesson #1

lesson# 5....enjoy the good life

# 6  Share some of your wealth anonymously (set up a charitable foundation).

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

Can you imagine winning $320 Millions on wednesday?

Piaceri

For a lot less than $20m, you can have multiple mcmansions with wall to wall luxury. I'd have one home base, one on the beach, one on the lake, one in the mountains, and possibly one on large acreage. I'd probably rent a villa on the beach somewhere in the Caribean for a few weeks a year, too. I can do all that for less than $20m. 

Home...

house

at the beach...

beach

and at the lake

lake

All fully equipped with everything to need to monitor your investments and manage your charity. 

I could do that. Easily. Disney

Mr-Smith's avatarMr-Smith

I guess my room will be in the west tower when i visit..................lmaoCheersHyper

gocart1's avatargocart1

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Aug 14, 2012

# 6  Share some of your wealth anonymously (set up a charitable foundation).

Opps ...sorry ...I missed that  one..

faber98

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Aug 14, 2012

For a lot less than $20m, you can have multiple mcmansions with wall to wall luxury. I'd have one home base, one on the beach, one on the lake, one in the mountains, and possibly one on large acreage. I'd probably rent a villa on the beach somewhere in the Caribean for a few weeks a year, too. I can do all that for less than $20m. 

Home...

house

at the beach...

beach

and at the lake

lake

All fully equipped with everything to need to monitor your investments and manage your charity. 

would you really? why would you need or want to take care of all that, or worry about someone else taking care of it. never mind the property taxes you would have to pay. you would get bored within weeks and your head would be spinning. i suppose you want about 7-8 vechicles and 2-3 boats and probably a private plane. no one needs or wants that much money.

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by faber98 on Aug 14, 2012

would you really? why would you need or want to take care of all that, or worry about someone else taking care of it. never mind the property taxes you would have to pay. you would get bored within weeks and your head would be spinning. i suppose you want about 7-8 vechicles and 2-3 boats and probably a private plane. no one needs or wants that much money.

Who are YOU to say who needs or wants any amount of money? And who says I have to explain myself to you? Are you the wealth police? What are you doing on a lottery website? 

Why don't you go back to squatting in the park, spray painting foul words on other people's properties, crapping on police cars, shooting drugs into your system, and raping your female fellow squatters.

Wow. What a ..... grrr

mcginnin56

I don't have a need for 7-8 vehicles or any boats, but a Gulf-Stream G650 corporate jet for just $58 million, would fill the bill for me.

This would save me from long waits in terminals, and being frisked down every time I wanted to jet set to a new destination.

Of course I'd like to fly it myself as well, why let some other pilots have all the fun?

ryanm

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Aug 14, 2012

$320 million....this is the kind of jackpot people were hoping for when Powerball bumped the price of tickets to $2 each. The first few months when the jackpot would get up to around $70 million and then get reset seem to be long forgotten right now.

That's funny, because just five months ago, when Powerball was getting won repeatedly at $70 million and Mega Millions set a record, everyone was putting Powerball down like crazy.  However, now that Powerball is in rare jackpot territory and Mega Millions keeps getting won before getting to $100 million, everyone's jeering at Mega Millions, saying it rolls too slow.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by ryanm on Aug 14, 2012

That's funny, because just five months ago, when Powerball was getting won repeatedly at $70 million and Mega Millions set a record, everyone was putting Powerball down like crazy.  However, now that Powerball is in rare jackpot territory and Mega Millions keeps getting won before getting to $100 million, everyone's jeering at Mega Millions, saying it rolls too slow.

What comes around goes around.

Cletu$2's avatarCletu$2

Who are YOU to say who needs or wants any amount of money? And who says I have to explain myself to you? Are you the wealth police? What are you doing on a lottery website? 

Why don't you go back to squatting in the park, spray painting foul words on other people's properties, crapping on police cars, shooting drugs into your system, and raping your female fellow squatters.

Wow. What a ..... grrr

I Agree!

Where is it written in the Constitution people should only have what they need? Do you really need a computer and an internet connection? People lived for thousands of years without computers or the internet. If you believe people should only have what they need, then you should throw your computer in the trash and cancel your internet connection since you don't really need them.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Please don't tell us what we need or want ......................

it is surely none of your business!

Wealthy people employ so many people building, transporting and maintaining all of those things that "they don't need"

Granite 2008 Bentley Continental GT Speed Speed - Pittsburgh PA - SCBCP73W18C057743 (2) my everyday car .............. after Wednesday!

Patriot

Quote: Originally posted by ryanm on Aug 14, 2012

yeah, lottery players can be a fickle bunch. It's not what you've done in the past, it's about what you've done lately.

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Aug 14, 2012

Where is it written in the Constitution people should only have what they need? Do you really need a computer and an internet connection? People lived for thousands of years without computers or the internet. If you believe people should only have what they need, then you should throw your computer in the trash and cancel your internet connection since you don't really need them.

You're on the money,

there is an important phrase in the constitution( E pluribus unim)

"the pursuit of happiness"

no one can define another's happiness.

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Aug 14, 2012

Wealthy people employ so many people building, transporting and maintaining all of those things that "they don't need"

Granite 2008 Bentley Continental GT Speed Speed - Pittsburgh PA - SCBCP73W18C057743 (2) my everyday car .............. after Wednesday!

Patriot

Nice, show me a pic. of your weekend car.

ecoli's avatarecoli

think positive - I will win it all

LottoPerro

Will the bubble burst?  Only time will tell.

Home...

house

at the beach...

beach

and at the lake

lake

Real estate, yes, theres a reason they use the word "real"

not sure how many I would want,

my wife wants an RV when I stop working.

But I prefer to just rent 1  when we are going to use it.

Don't need it as a driveway decoration nor do i need the maint.

same w/the private jet, would just buy the membership card.

but the real estate, own it, after all thats what the mega-rich do.

Justwinbaby

I don't have a need for 7-8 vehicles or any boats, but a Gulf-Stream G650 corporate jet for just $58 million, would fill the bill for me.

This would save me from long waits in terminals, and being frisked down every time I wanted to jet set to a new destination.

Of course I'd like to fly it myself as well, why let some other pilots have all the fun?

Hmm, you do realize it is more prudent to buy the 25, 000 mile flight card with Marquis Jets, which is a division of NetJets? You can request a G650 through Marquis and pay the fractional price to do so, which might be anywhere from $550, 000 to 750, 000 per 25, 000 miles flown. Marquis Jets has the finest pilots who get more training than FAA pilots are required to have. And they keep the maintenance up on the planes as well as take care of all fuel, hanger, and landing costs. It is a smarter move than paying $58 million for a jet, which becomes a depreciable asset. Besides, the fuel costs and other related fees would make it a bad investment for someone with only $125 million in the bank. G650 is a "corporate" jet for a reason.

The other thing you could choose to do is hire the concierge service, Quintessentially and let them take care of all your flight needs. They could arrange a private plan for you to travel off to any place in the world you desire. Not saying, just saying.

Quote: Originally posted by Justwinbaby on Aug 14, 2012

Hmm, you do realize it is more prudent to buy the 25, 000 mile flight card with Marquis Jets, which is a division of NetJets? You can request a G650 through Marquis and pay the fractional price to do so, which might be anywhere from $550, 000 to 750, 000 per 25, 000 miles flown. Marquis Jets has the finest pilots who get more training than FAA pilots are required to have. And they keep the maintenance up on the planes as well as take care of all fuel, hanger, and landing costs. It is a smarter move than paying $58 million for a jet, which becomes a depreciable asset. Besides, the fuel costs and other related fees would make it a bad investment for someone with only $125 million in the bank. G650 is a "corporate" jet for a reason.

The other thing you could choose to do is hire the concierge service, Quintessentially and let them take care of all your flight needs. They could arrange a private plan for you to travel off to any place in the world you desire. Not saying, just saying.

Yea, like that also, just use when you need/want

nothing to worry about.

Thats how I going do the RV thing when I retire.

No driveway decorations.

Wow. What a ..... grrr

Yea, the most negative poster here, but don't take my word for it,

just look at his previous post's

but don't reply,

misery loves company,

Bring it on sadboy (one that got beat up in the school yard everyday)

but I won't reply, cause I don't talk to sociopaths.

I would like to fly in a leer jet before I take the big dirt nap and ride in either a cadillac or mercedes suv that I bought.  That would be so awesome.  A dream come true for me.  Good luck on wednesday!-weshar75

US Flag

Wow. What a ..... grrr

Pia, I like all your houses and anything else you want to buy, beautiful lady! Love

tvboris's avatartvboris

I want to travel the world for some time, visit as many places as possible. Pick the one that I liked the most and settle down there, with simple house and maybe couple more toys. Put aside several mils and the rest put in a special trust.

The education that I've gotten is not as great as I want to have and I had to work hard through my college years, so I'm thinking to set the trust that will sponsor only education and medical expenses of all my following generations. It would be interesting to know for long would it last.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Justwinbaby on Aug 14, 2012

Yup, fully aware of all those "fractional ownership" programs, which have been around in many forms for quite some time now.

Your key word was "prudent", which is something I choose not to be, if a $320+ million dollar lottery windfall should come my way.

Sure there are thousands of ways to become more "practical", "frugal", "efficient", "thrifty", etc. But to my way of thinking, I'm throwing all that

spendthrift gobbily goop and cautionary stuff to the wind, and out the window!!!

A once in a lifetime opportunity such as this, means the freedom to do things however you please. Oh I'm sure the likes of Ralph Nader, and

countless other consumer advocates would be shrieking in disapproval of such outlandish expenditures! Eek And that's just fine. In fact that would

make me so very happy.  Big Smile  The bottom line is I'm going to do things on my own terms, in my own fashion, to stimulate this economy and get my

moneys worth out of the $2 investment, which I spent from my own hard earned money. I do have several worthy causes that are near and dear

to me that would be a high priority, as well as my own immediate family of course.

I do appreciate your financial advice to help me save money. But you see I'm out to spend this money, enjoy every moment of it, and if my timing is

really good, I'll be flat broke right about the time I go to meet that spirit in the sky. Blue Angel

RedStang's avatarRedStang

Quote: Originally posted by weshar75 on Aug 14, 2012

I would like to fly in a leer jet before I take the big dirt nap and ride in either a cadillac or mercedes suv that I bought.  That would be so awesome.  A dream come true for me.  Good luck on wednesday!-weshar75

US Flag

If mcginnin56 wins, i'm sure he'll invite you to the mile high club.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Aug 15, 2012

If mcginnin56 wins, i'm sure he'll invite you to the mile high club.

Hell with the Gulf-Stream, I'll invite you to the 100 mile high club!

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Aug 14, 2012

Patriot

what will you drive sun - tue?

bahamapapa's avatarbahamapapa

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Aug 15, 2012

what will you drive sun - tue?

.......miles away from dreamland  definitly a  mulsanne  and an  island......ha ha GOOD  LUCK EVERYONE  KEEP DREAMING

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

"why let some other pilots have all the fun?"

You could ask Thurman Munson about that.

Oh, wait. You can't.

TRUEBELIEVER's avatarTRUEBELIEVER

time for a nc win and im here in oxford nc waiting for wed night sorry every one but its me time

mediabrat's avatarmediabrat

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Aug 14, 2012

You're on the money,

there is an important phrase in the constitution( E pluribus unim)

"the pursuit of happiness"

no one can define another's happiness.

That's not what E pluribus unum (the correct spelling) means.  It is a Latin phrase which translates as "out of many, one" or "from many, one".  It symbolizes the union of the thirteen colonies to create the United States of America.  Also, it is not in the Constitution; the motto appears on the Great Seal of the United States and on most coins.

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Aug 15, 2012

Yup, fully aware of all those "fractional ownership" programs, which have been around in many forms for quite some time now.

Your key word was "prudent", which is something I choose not to be, if a $320+ million dollar lottery windfall should come my way.

Sure there are thousands of ways to become more "practical", "frugal", "efficient", "thrifty", etc. But to my way of thinking, I'm throwing all that

spendthrift gobbily goop and cautionary stuff to the wind, and out the window!!!

A once in a lifetime opportunity such as this, means the freedom to do things however you please. Oh I'm sure the likes of Ralph Nader, and

countless other consumer advocates would be shrieking in disapproval of such outlandish expenditures! Eek And that's just fine. In fact that would

make me so very happy.  Big Smile  The bottom line is I'm going to do things on my own terms, in my own fashion, to stimulate this economy and get my

moneys worth out of the $2 investment, which I spent from my own hard earned money. I do have several worthy causes that are near and dear

to me that would be a high priority, as well as my own immediate family of course.

I do appreciate your financial advice to help me save money. But you see I'm out to spend this money, enjoy every moment of it, and if my timing is

really good, I'll be flat broke right about the time I go to meet that spirit in the sky. Blue Angel

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Jack Whittaker Part Two.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by KY Floyd on Aug 15, 2012

"why let some other pilots have all the fun?"

You could ask Thurman Munson about that.

Oh, wait. You can't.

Poor soul   Blue Angel  , he should have stuck to baseball...... now he's just a crispy third baseman on cloud nine.  LOL

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by mediabrat on Aug 15, 2012

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Jack Whittaker Part Two.

Aww c'mon now brat, your a kill joy.  Razz   What are your big plans........to hook up with some "Bubbly Blondes".  Wink   Lovies

helpmewin's avatarhelpmewin

i'm gettin my ticket today Hyper 

Good Luck everyone Lep

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Aug 15, 2012

i'm gettin my ticket today Hyper 

Good Luck everyone Lep

Good luck helpmewin!  Lep     I think I'll grab one more myself, just for good measure.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC

$320=wife an me waiving at our boat

easygoing123go

I got the winning ticket, sticking with the I already bought.

Good luck helpmewin!  Lep     I think I'll grab one more myself, just for good measure.

How are you going to get the $2 million without powerplay on that ticket.  Shame on you!-weshar75

Patriot

That's not what E pluribus unum (the correct spelling) means.  It is a Latin phrase which translates as "out of many, one" or "from many, one".  It symbolizes the union of the thirteen colonies to create the United States of America.  Also, it is not in the Constitution; the motto appears on the Great Seal of the United States and on most coins.

Thanks for the spelling correction,

I am aware of the meaning, I was refering to the fact that there are "many" important phrases in the constitution,

not saying it is in the constitution.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by weshar75 on Aug 15, 2012

How are you going to get the $2 million without powerplay on that ticket.  Shame on you!-weshar75

Patriot

Just rectified that a few minutes ago weshar! My last QP for today was for a PowerPlay, so I'm in the running now.   Banana

No more shame is necessary.  No Nod

TRUEBELIEVER's avatarTRUEBELIEVER

Its time for a north carolina win and im ready and waiting good be a lond day waiting  but ill make it

Aww c'mon now brat, your a kill joy.  Razz   What are your big plans........to hook up with some "Bubbly Blondes".  Wink   Lovies

MC56,

Get ready for mediabrat to point out that you used "your" instead of "you're"

gogidolim

I heard that California will join PB during it's current fiscical year, 2012~2013.

Honestly, I am against flauting wealth no matter what. It's just me or the environment that I was grew up in. Even if I become a single winner of a $320 millions I would choose to buy a Toyota Sienna and live in a townhouse in Culver City.

Quote: Originally posted by gogidolim on Aug 15, 2012

I heard that California will join PB during it's current fiscical year, 2012~2013.

Honestly, I am against flauting wealth no matter what. It's just me or the environment that I was grew up in. Even if I become a single winner of a $320 millions I would choose to buy a Toyota Sienna and live in a townhouse in Culver City.

To each his own,

But i can't understand why you would want to live in a bigger city then you're already in.

OldSchoolPa's avatarOldSchoolPa

Sounds like an Obama disciple.

OldSchoolPa's avatarOldSchoolPa

Just rectified that a few minutes ago weshar! My last QP for today was for a PowerPlay, so I'm in the running now.   Banana

Thanks a $320 million...you just gave me the winning numbers for Powerball tonight!

Interesting, not sure what hannaford is' but suprised that they put the name of the town on the ticket,

but given that NH. has had a lottery for almost 50 years I guess they know what they're doing.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Aug 15, 2012

MC56,

I've been expecting that oversight to come back to haunt me.  Crying    Might as well be the mighty mediabrat himself. It would be a great honor for him

to put me into my place (usually a corner in my bedroom for about 8 hours).

Thank you kindly haymaker, for alerting me to this dreaded fate. I am both grateful and in your debt!  See Ya!

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

I currently drive a Nissan with over 130,000 miles on the odometer

If I win tonite ................. that will end ASAP ...................

Thus the comment about my "everyday car"

The GTC and Mulsanne will be for special occasions ......... the Continental Supersports will be for sporting occasions .................

I will have a new "regular" vehicle when incognito is the best way to go

Good luck to all ...............

Cheers

Quote: Originally posted by OldSchoolPa on Aug 15, 2012

Sounds like an Obama disciple.

Yea, you nailed that, if only it were that easy to pick the #s

Funny thing is obama has all the the things he mentions,

of course obama doesn't own them, they're just at his demand.

And we ge to pay for them.

mcginnin56

Interesting, not sure what hannaford is' but suprised that they put the name of the town on the ticket,

but given that NH. has had a lottery for almost 50 years I guess they know what they're doing.

NH has the longest running history of lottery products in the country. All on-line tickets, typically display the retailer name, as well as the town where

purchased. BTW, Hannaford's is my regular supermarket.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by OldSchoolPa on Aug 15, 2012

Thanks a $320 million...you just gave me the winning numbers for Powerball tonight!

Your welcome OldSchoolPa, that's what LP friends are for. No need to be greedy, even split 100 ways everyone can still be on easy street!  Yes Nod

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Aug 15, 2012

I currently drive a Nissan with over 130,000 miles on the odometer

If I win tonite ................. that will end ASAP ...................

Thus the comment about my "everyday car"

The GTC and Mulsanne will be for special occasions ......... the Continental Supersports will be for sporting occasions .................

I will have a new "regular" vehicle when incognito is the best way to go

Good luck to all ...............

Cheers

I seen one today on the way back from fishing,

not sure about the model, it looked like that one you put up a pic. of sometimes,

but it was a ragtop, it did make me slowdown, but i did't stop to look at it,

you don't do that in Longport, NJ.( millionaire's summer homes)

now i see what you're saying, much more impressive than in pics.

MM Punk

I only joined because of the powerball drawingSmile.

Your welcome OldSchoolPa, that's what LP friends are for. No need to be greedy, even split 100 ways everyone can still be on easy street!  Yes Nod

You are correct about the split, however I'm holding the winner,

and your ticket has none of the #s ha-ha

I did notice you took the powerplay WTG.

MM Punk

57 is the only possible winning number.

Quote: Originally posted by MM Punk on Aug 15, 2012

Welcome, are you going to stick around even after I win ?

MM Punk

I don't see any winning numbers.

MM Punk

Welcome, are you going to stick around even after I win ?

I'll stick around, but you won't win,lol.

I'll stick around, but you won't win,lol.

Or maybe I won't stick around after I win LOL.

MM Punk

Any of these numbers will show up in tonight's drawing and that is a factWink.

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

It is fun to check the results for multiple lines in one Powerball drawing.

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

Some guy who never plays the lottery could decide last minute to buy one line and not even add the powerplay and hit the jp. Thats a slap in the face to those of us who have almost 10 years under the belt of religiously playing. But hey, its how gambling is. I am playing my regular numbers. Good luck players! Thumbs Up

Marconis's avatarMarconis

Quote: Originally posted by maringoman on Aug 15, 2012

Some guy who never plays the lottery could decide last minute to buy one line and not even add the powerplay and hit the jp. Thats a slap in the face to those of us who have almost 10 years under the belt of religiously playing. But hey, its how gambling is. I am playing my regular numbers. Good luck players! Thumbs Up

I would feel badly for a few seconds if I won, simply because I've only been playing since March. Then I'd forget about it and roll around in my winnings. Good luck to you!

I'm very against flaunting wealth as well. The more I thought about it, though, there is nothing wrong with buying a fun toy or two in terms of vehicles or whatever hobby you may be into. My ideal vehicle though would be a heavily modded Jeep that I could take on the trails without worrying about going broke over damages. 

As for a mansion, I would not buy it. I'd just move from Queens to Manhattan and have a nice little house in Saratoga.

hsg2000

You are smart

hsg2000

How did you select these numbers, I do not know if there will any winnings

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Why did you wait so long? PowerBall drawings have been going on over twenty years.

MM Punk

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Aug 15, 2012

Why did you wait so long? PowerBall drawings have been going on over twenty years.

Because I did'nt know how to play, but now I do.

MM Punk

Quote: Originally posted by hsg2000 on Aug 15, 2012

How did you select these numbers, I do not know if there will any winnings

Number patterns.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Because I did'nt know how to play, but now I do.

Most people think you don't have know much to play, you just ask for a quick pick.  It's knowing how to win that's confusing and many at LP have their theories about how to do that.

NoShame's avatarNoShame

My recently bought two QPs plus a self pick I have for tonight's draw all have 28 for the powerball.  Weird.  But okay...come on, 28.

mcginnin56

You are correct about the split, however I'm holding the winner,

and your ticket has none of the #s ha-ha

I did notice you took the powerplay WTG.

Than a big congrat's is in order haymaker!  Party

I take PP occasionally, when the spirit moves me. My thoughts were, what if a score a 4+1, or better yet a 5+0 2-nite. That extra dollar would be

a no brainer of course.  Idea

HiFi's avatarHiFi

yeah right lol

HiFi's avatarHiFi

election day would be the best time to claim if you want less publicity because the news is not going to be talking about powerball.

tvboris's avatartvboris

And what are your predictions for powerball?  However, it doesn't matter. Here is what you have to do, if you are so certain:

To match 5 white balls, your numbers can produce 8568 possible combinations, so if you invest $17,000 tonight, you are going to be a millionere. Don't forget to add powerplay to hit 2 millions.

Good luck and tell us how it went.

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by HiFi on Aug 15, 2012

election day would be the best time to claim if you want less publicity because the news is not going to be talking about powerball.

Great idea! Good luck to you on tonight's draw.

And good luck to all here at LP.

It's time for Texas to have a PB winner. I hope it is me! White Bounce

Good thinking!!

tvboris's avatartvboris

Imagine, it will turn the other way around? Because everybody would hate those 3 asset managers?

One way or another people would be looking at someone who got away with their money, either president or PP winner.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Lots of people who never won a lottery jackpot have a nice home and a nice luxury car.   Having these things wouldn't be flaunting your wealth if you lived in a neighborhood where others had the same things.

Faust

what about getting the most?

the craziness is unavoidable to a fair extent... unless you're in a metro city, local press is still going to be all over it and likely more than a few blogs or twitter feeds, and just word of mouth at the local shop.

I think, personally, I'd rather capitalize on it. It's bound to be good for someone's business or other interests - collecting it with a fashionable coat of many sponsors. additional change to send off for charity. Or confusing the public and hiding behind someone's storefront (goodwill or being vindictive - flooding them with public interest).

Or maybe just to utilize it for the burning soap box it could be... I know I've got more than a few words for my local/state/national representatives and a fair amount of them could easily tie into the various things I'd do if I did win.

you'd hold off claiming millions of dollars for almost 4 months? Where would you store the winning ticket? How would you get any sleep from now until November 6th? Something might happen to the ticket while you're waiting to turn it in to the lottery officials.

Arrowhead's avatarArrowhead

So, who's taking the annuity?

Lots of people who never won a lottery jackpot have a nice home and a nice luxury car.   Having these things wouldn't be flaunting your wealth if you lived in a neighborhood where others had the same things.

The concept of 'flaunting your wealth' has to do more with family and friends and their reaction to how you'd respond to a win this size. I don't have a luxury car, although I'd probably buy one if I won. One, not five. I already have a 'nice' house and I might buy a 'nicer' house, but not three or four.

MM Punk

Quote: Originally posted by Arrowhead on Aug 15, 2012

Me, ha.

MM Punk

Quote: Originally posted by tvboris on Aug 15, 2012

And what are your predictions for powerball?  However, it doesn't matter. Here is what you have to do, if you are so certain:

To match 5 white balls, your numbers can produce 8568 possible combinations, so if you invest $17,000 tonight, you are going to be a millionere. Don't forget to add powerplay to hit 2 millions.

Good luck and tell us how it went.

I don't care about the white balls, all I care about is finding the perfect 6 and play 3-4 tickets with the same numbers.

MM Punk

I just spend $24 dollars for 12 self pick tickets and I know I've won at least $100.

HiFi's avatarHiFi

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Aug 15, 2012

you'd hold off claiming millions of dollars for almost 4 months? Where would you store the winning ticket? How would you get any sleep from now until November 6th? Something might happen to the ticket while you're waiting to turn it in to the lottery officials.

you could put it in a safety deposit box at the bank and over the next few months you could make plans an avoid impulsive mistakes.

tvboris's avatartvboris

You have to understand that you are insane in order to take annuity and protect yourself from yourself. In many cases insanity runs unnoticed to the carrier. 

Let me ask you back, how many people in your life told you "yes", when you exclaimed "Are you an idiot?" The rate of people taking annuity is approx the same.

MM Punk

Quote: Originally posted by NoShame on Aug 15, 2012

My recently bought two QPs plus a self pick I have for tonight's draw all have 28 for the powerball.  Weird.  But okay...come on, 28.

28 showed up last saturday so it will not show up today.

The concept of 'flaunting your wealth' has to do more with family and friends and their reaction to how you'd respond to a win this size. I don't have a luxury car, although I'd probably buy one if I won. One, not five. I already have a 'nice' house and I might buy a 'nicer' house, but not three or four.

The trouble with the concept of 'flaunting your wealth' is there can be no objective definition of it. Which means the concept is entirely arbitrary and subjective. Ask different people what 'flaunting your wealth' means and you'll get a different answer everytime. Ask an amish what 'flaunting your wealth' means he might answer back 'flaunting your wealth' means driving one of those horseless carriages. Ask a Somali what 'flaunting your wealth' means he might answer back, having a t-bone steak dinner. I think the term shouldn't be used at all be cause it's so presumptuous.

fave32283's avatarfave32283

All I have to say is I would take care of my family. I would buy my mom a house to call her own -65 years old and she has never owned a home- nothing fancy but simple and safe, I would be able to tell my husband he can retire - he has been roofing for 18 years- I would give back to our community, and most importantly I would enjoy my family and friends. Money isn't everything but like Forest Gump says "just one less thing to worry about ya know?" :) Good luck to all of you

The trouble with the concept of 'flaunting your wealth' is there can be no objective definition of it. Which means the concept is entirely arbitrary and subjective. Ask different people what 'flaunting your wealth' means and you'll get a different answer everytime. Ask an amish what 'flaunting your wealth' means he might answer back 'flaunting your wealth' means driving one of those horseless carriages. Ask a Somali what 'flaunting your wealth' means he might answer back, having a t-bone steak dinner. I think the term shouldn't be used at all be cause it's so presumptuous.

The question becomes how much in your life changes besides your net worth if and when you win a JP of this size.

Personally, although I'd certainly have some nicer things than I currently have, I'd have no desire whatsoever to 'hang' with the super-wealthy and accumulate the typical toys the super-wealthy love to acquire.

And it's not a referendum on the mega-rich. It's a matter of changing or not changing the person you are now and if you want the same people you value to remain part of your life.

MM Punk

Once I seal my victory tonight, I'm going to open a bank account, plan my trip to tallahasee, etc. If they force me to do the life threatening press conference, I'm going to cover myself up big time from head to toe so no one knows who I am. After that, I'll take the annutity since I'm 20 and the jackpot is over 100 mill and slowly turn into another Richard Lustig,lol.

you could put it in a safety deposit box at the bank and over the next few months you could make plans an avoid impulsive mistakes.

and putting it in a safety deposit box at the bank means the ticket is 100 percent safe? What about if the bank catches on fire? What about a crooked bank employee trying to steal your ticket during the 4 months your waiting for election day? Yes I'm aware the odds of those scenarios happening are astronomical but think about it this way, you just won Powerball meaning you beat astronomical odds (1 in 175223510) in order to win. Something happen to you despite astronomical odds once, who's to say it won't happen again? I'd collect that money ASAP and deal with the media later.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

and putting it in a safety deposit box at the bank means the ticket is 100 percent safe? What about if the bank catches on fire? What about a crooked bank employee trying to steal your ticket during the 4 months your waiting for election day? Yes I'm aware the odds of those scenarios happening are astronomical but think about it this way, you just won Powerball meaning you beat astronomical odds (1 in 175223510) in order to win. Something happen to you despite astronomical odds once, who's to say it won't happen again? I'd collect that money ASAP and deal with the media later.

If things go as they have since I've been coming here for the last 10 years then no LP member is going to have to worry about that.  Every drawing, several LP members are worry about how they will claim the jackpot and avoid the press but most are lucky if they win even a small prize.

If things go as they have since I've been coming here for the last 10 years then no LP member is going to have to worry about that.  Every drawing, several LP members are worry about how they will claim the jackpot and avoid the press but most are lucky if they win even a small prize.

There are LP members that haven't posted in months or even years. What do you think happened to them? Who's to say one or two of them haven't won big, collected the money anonymous and are now out enjoying their wealth?

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

Turning $2 into $320 Millions is a great return on investment.

HiFi's avatarHiFi

well for starters, the vault is fireproof.  nobody would know you put the ticket in there unless you told them and you would sign the ticket immediately so nobody else could even cash it.  you would take some photographs to document its your ticket.  finally, cameras would catch him stealing it.

One can have fun without being foolhardy.  Spending about a third of your post-tax lump sum on a jet is not an investment most people would make.  That combined with the other "plans" you have sounds dangerously similar to so many of the "I blew my winnings!" stories we hear.

I'm not saying don't enjoy yourself, just be careful, that's all.  Even a jackpot this large isn't unlimited wealth.

Thanks for the spelling correction,

I am aware of the meaning, I was refering to the fact that there are "many" important phrases in the constitution,

not saying it is in the constitution.

Ah, I must have misunderstood your post, then.  My apologies.

Well, good luck everyone. I never check my numbers until the morning so that I don't go to sleep depressed, but I can't help it tonight.

MC56,

Really?  Feeling bitter today?  Crying

well for starters, the vault is fireproof.  nobody would know you put the ticket in there unless you told them and you would sign the ticket immediately so nobody else could even cash it.  you would take some photographs to document its your ticket.  finally, cameras would catch him stealing it.

the laws are going to be different for every state but from what I read, the name that's signed on the back of the ticket, is the name that will be given to the media.

I got one number. Let's see this baby roll for another shot on Saturday.

hotslot3

All set for the drawing here in less than an hour. Gonna take me about an hour or so to check all 500 lines. From past experience I will probably win at least $70 or so. Good luck to everyone!

Quote: Originally posted by hotslot3 on Aug 15, 2012

All set for the drawing here in less than an hour. Gonna take me about an hour or so to check all 500 lines. From past experience I will probably win at least $70 or so. Good luck to everyone!

Let us know!

Cletu$2's avatarCletu$2

Dirty words!Nothing,not one lousy number.

I hope it rolls for saturday!

Quote: Originally posted by Cletu$2 on Aug 15, 2012

how many tickets did you buy?

hotslot3

Quote: Originally posted by Marconis on Aug 15, 2012

I got one number. Let's see this baby roll for another shot on Saturday.

Good luck to you!  If it rolls, it will be over $500,000,000  To whoever the jackpot winner is when it hits, follow these rules and you will be golden.

1. Stay anonymous

2. Take the CASH option 

3. Claim the winnings through a tax lawyer in a blind trust.

4. Be smart and prudent. Invest wisely with a financial team of advisors.

5. Enjoy your new "1% wealth" status!

dognabit

Quote: Originally posted by Cletu$2 on Aug 15, 2012

Basically the same here. $10 worth of tickets, and I got two numbers on different lines.

Good luck to all those on this board.

Cletu$2's avatarCletu$2

how many tickets did you buy?

I only bought three tickets.One of them was my own numbers.Two were quick picks.

winner22's avatarwinner22

WINNING NUMBER 

6--27--46--51--56  +21

hotslot3

Quote: Originally posted by Marconis on Aug 15, 2012

Let us know!

No jackpot.  Had the powerball though on a few lines.

Not one stinking number!

depression

larry3100's avatarlarry3100

I'm not going to be like Jack Whittaker who lost all his jackpot.No sir.When I win the jackpot,I'm going to live on the interest of that jackpot. I'll never run out of money to give away and what I spend !

hotslot3

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Aug 15, 2012

Not one stinking number!

depression

Don't worry, you're not the only one.  Maybe it rolled. If not, there's always next time.

Quote: Originally posted by hotslot3 on Aug 15, 2012

Don't worry, you're not the only one.  Maybe it rolled. If not, there's always next time.

Thanks hottie!

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

Quote: Originally posted by winner22 on Aug 15, 2012

WINNING NUMBER 

6--27--46--51--56  +21

They look like jackpot winning numbers to me. It might not roll, those numbers look very random to me. I spent $10 and won $7 for a $3 loss. I matched 3 numbers on 1 line. I will continue to play even if the jackpot is won. Good luck.

kriss

Sorry folks but this money is all mine.

tvboris's avatartvboris

Quote: Originally posted by THRIFTY on Aug 15, 2012

They look like jackpot winning numbers to me. It might not roll, those numbers look very random to me. I spent $10 and won $7 for a $3 loss. I matched 3 numbers on 1 line. I will continue to play even if the jackpot is won. Good luck.

I agree, this is very likely that someone won with these numbers.

larry3100's avatarlarry3100

Winning Numbers are for 08/15/12     06/27/46/51/56 and Power Ball Number 21

yort

First time poster, long time lurker here haha, wishing good luck to those who played.Thumbs Up

I wish we had powerball out here in California! Unhappy

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by THRIFTY on Aug 15, 2012

If you'da bought the Powerplay you'da only been down a buck!White Bounce

I wonder if it rolled. The draw was over an hour ago. You think in the information age they'd post the results within an hour.

Coin Toss's avatarCoin Toss

No rollover, new JP $40M.

tvboris's avatartvboris

so, that was someone from Michigan. Is anybody from Michigan here?

Powerball is back down to 40 Million. Now lottery players can buy Mega Millions tickets for $1 and play for 45 Million or buy $2 Powerball tickets and play for $40 Million. Which would you pick?

Quote: Originally posted by tvboris on Aug 16, 2012

so, that was someone from Michigan. Is anybody from Michigan here?

if Sully16 stops posting at this site in the next few days, we'll know why

tvboris's avatartvboris

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Aug 16, 2012

Powerball is back down to 40 Million. Now lottery players can buy Mega Millions tickets for $1 and play for 45 Million or buy $2 Powerball tickets and play for $40 Million. Which would you pick?

I probably will do both.  The second prize is 1 million in PB, this is the major factor for me.  And by the next drawing or two, it will certainly outpace MM anyway.

LottoPerro

The bubble has burst.  May that/those Michigan resident(s) spend his/her/their newfound riches wisely.

Quote: Originally posted by LottoPerro on Aug 16, 2012

The bubble has burst.  May that/those Michigan resident(s) spend his/her/their newfound riches wisely.

If it was Leroy Fick, I'm going to pull my hair out!

hotslot3

Yes, 1 winner in Michigan. Somebody is now very rich. I am going to buy my tickets tomorrow for the new $40 million Powerball jackpot. Will probably get $10 worth, 5 lines. $13 million after taxes is nothing to sneeze at.

Simba774

That high is over. I didn't get a single number.  PB should go back to one dollar because of all that crap about more winners in more states is just that, crap. How many times has Michigan one this thing?

One person winning $320 million. Gutted and jealous. Why do I care!? Man...looks like it's back to Mega for a few draws.

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

i think they say " more millionaires"

lincolnAbe's avatarlincolnAbe

you got 1. lol

HiFi's avatarHiFi

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Aug 16, 2012

i think they say " more millionaires"

they say better odds too but its almost a joke.

MM Punk

Can't believe someone from michigan stole my money. I bet is an office pool and I bet it's another quick pick.

all this WHINE and not a drop to drink Green laughNo Pity!........

Congrats to the Michigan state winner/s ....... may the days ahead prove all that more interesting Cheers

mcginnin56

One can have fun without being foolhardy.  Spending about a third of your post-tax lump sum on a jet is not an investment most people would make.  That combined with the other "plans" you have sounds dangerously similar to so many of the "I blew my winnings!" stories we hear.

I'm not saying don't enjoy yourself, just be careful, that's all.  Even a jackpot this large isn't unlimited wealth.

Hmmmm........now your making me re-think my "dangerous plans" for blowing my winnings.   Roll Eyes

I heard Gulf-Stream is running a "Special" this month. Buy two "Luxury Edition" G650''s at full price, and get the third for free!   Idea

Faust

For the better and worse of it, I'm a devoted PB/wPP player... averaging $15 (5 lines) per game, $30 per week.

(.. the coat of many sponsors doesn't sound so nutty when it's down this low, now, does it? milking it out more than kiss, the kardashians and hello kitty combined... along with looking back on a few (so far failed or neglected) election promises of local representatives, making a public reference to it while throwing a donation to groups that represent that failed promise (countrymen lend me your ears... ) while building one's own brand name... diverting attention and building (personal social/corporate) interest. Whatever the payout... it's never quite enough. I might be with Patti Smith and William Elliot Whitmore about free money..  but I'd want to build my own interests (fortune) too... although still not necessarily by spending, investing or getting loans on just my dime either. 

and if only that I live in a small town (edge of civilization and the rural boonies), suffering enough employment loss and real estate woes that even a small investment/donation or diverting state/national interest (for supporting the troops, the tribes/band, the religious or addressing the state's chief export -- it's children, elderly, and other disenfranchised social minorities.) it's way would be enough to justify spending that much for even the second tier prize.

That and it keeps things simple for the flat mates when I'm the only one playing it, and likewise they're dedicated to their own games. Still having a convoluted and delusional plan also balances out the scheme for the great unlikely of winning much of anything. A bit more space to dream, an excuse to join the site and fap away about various dreams... or schemes. So yeah, a three dollar shot for PB all the way.)

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

If it was Leroy Fick, I'm going to pull my hair out!

Green laughLOL  good one...

Quote: Originally posted by Faust on Aug 16, 2012

For the better and worse of it, I'm a devoted PB/wPP player... averaging $15 (5 lines) per game, $30 per week.

(.. the coat of many sponsors doesn't sound so nutty when it's down this low, now, does it? milking it out more than kiss, the kardashians and hello kitty combined... along with looking back on a few (so far failed or neglected) election promises of local representatives, making a public reference to it while throwing a donation to groups that represent that failed promise (countrymen lend me your ears... ) while building one's own brand name... diverting attention and building (personal social/corporate) interest. Whatever the payout... it's never quite enough. I might be with Patti Smith and William Elliot Whitmore about free money..  but I'd want to build my own interests (fortune) too... although still not necessarily by spending, investing or getting loans on just my dime either. 

and if only that I live in a small town (edge of civilization and the rural boonies), suffering enough employment loss and real estate woes that even a small investment/donation or diverting state/national interest (for supporting the troops, the tribes/band, the religious or addressing the state's chief export -- it's children, elderly, and other disenfranchised social minorities.) it's way would be enough to justify spending that much for even the second tier prize.

That and it keeps things simple for the flat mates when I'm the only one playing it, and likewise they're dedicated to their own games. Still having a convoluted and delusional plan also balances out the scheme for the great unlikely of winning much of anything. A bit more space to dream, an excuse to join the site and fap away about various dreams... or schemes. So yeah, a three dollar shot for PB all the way.)

Uh?

whatchutalkinbout

Yeah, sure I'm happy someone else won and not me!

sarcastic face sarcasm

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

Quote: Originally posted by Simba774 on Aug 16, 2012

That high is over. I didn't get a single number.  PB should go back to one dollar because of all that crap about more winners in more states is just that, crap. How many times has Michigan one this thing?

I spent $10 and won $7 for a $3 loss. I have no regrets, you spend $2 and your loss will be $2, if you do not win. The lottery never said that we can't win a jackpot with a single line. Losing $2 on a single line is easier on the heart. Minimize your risk in the shorterm because the lottery always win.

I have become risk adverse when it comes to playing the lottery.

a cold one 4 the whiners

Jill34786's avatarJill34786

You hit one out of eighteen and yes that is a fact Smiley

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Jill34786 on Aug 16, 2012

You hit one out of eighteen and yes that is a fact Smiley

My state pays something for one out of eighteen!   Big Smile

If I buy eighteen $20 scratch tickets, they claim at least one should be a winner!!!  Banana

LottoGuyBC's avatarLottoGuyBC

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Aug 16, 2012

My state pays something for one out of eighteen!   Big Smile

If I buy eighteen $20 scratch tickets, they claim at least one should be a winner!!!  Banana

Take The Money And Run Hit With Stick

Yep, feeling good today!

feeling good

ClassyPiano

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Aug 16, 2012

Yep, feeling good today!

feeling good

I feel your pain.
Dejected, I gathered all the unchecked tickets lying in my receipt drawer, and went to check them, in hopes that maybe I had something that I forgot to claim.

I claimed a $2 prize, then promptly bought a scratch ticket and won $3.
feeling lucky, I got 3 mega millions tickets.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow's  drawing.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by LottoGuyBC on Aug 16, 2012

Take The Money And Run Hit With Stick

Excellent advice! I'm going to begin using that as my new personal title.  Cheers

ClassyPiano

Hopefully some of that luck travels east a hundred miles on the wind, in time for the megamillions drawing.

RedStang's avatarRedStang

Hmmmm........now your making me re-think my "dangerous plans" for blowing my winnings.   Roll Eyes

I heard Gulf-Stream is running a "Special" this month. Buy two "Luxury Edition" G650''s at full price, and get the third for free!   Idea

I would get one of those shipping containers with windows if they upgrade the paint to red pearl.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Aug 16, 2012

I would get one of those shipping containers with windows if they upgrade the paint to red pearl.

Closest I could find. Although it's just a model right now. For 25% down I could place your order today, and have it delivered in six months!  Type

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

Closest I could find. Although it's just a model right now. For 25% down I could place your order today, and have it delivered in six months!  Type

Mcginnin, why don't you picture yourself winning a lottery jackpot instead of posting annoying pictures?

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by THRIFTY on Aug 16, 2012

Mcginnin, why don't you picture yourself winning a lottery jackpot instead of posting annoying pictures?

Good day THRIFTY! See Ya!

If I give you a nice big straw, would you mind go sucking the fun out of someone else's day for a change. What?

@ mediabrat

No, not even a little bit,

thats not the way I am.

just thought you were going to correct MC56.

So I guess use of the wrong word is not as big a deal as a misspelling ?

Simba774

Quote: Originally posted by THRIFTY on Aug 16, 2012

I spent $10 and won $7 for a $3 loss. I have no regrets, you spend $2 and your loss will be $2, if you do not win. The lottery never said that we can't win a jackpot with a single line. Losing $2 on a single line is easier on the heart. Minimize your risk in the shorterm because the lottery always win.

I have become risk adverse when it comes to playing the lottery.

I don't care what anyone says. The truth is we only truly care when we, which is not a bad thing. It's normal. I still think it should've stayed 1 dollar.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story