The Lottery Office is closed until Monday but speculation in Lapeer rages on

Aug 18, 2012, 11:06 pm (71 comments)

Powerball

LAPEER, Mich. — Michigan is suddenly a richer place this weekend, first with all that Olympic gold coming in from London, and now with the wining ticket to the Powerball Lottery purchased by someone at a Michigan gas station. Local residents may be hoping it wasn't someone passing through to Toledo or Indianpolis.

In the meantime in the town of Lapeer in Michigan's thumb the wait continues for the ticket purchaser to surface. It just happens to be "Lapeer Days" their three day summer festival in the sleepy town of 9,000 and the number one topic is of course, the lottery and speculating about who might have won it.

Folks are a little charged up, like having lightning strike close by. Lapeer Mayor William Sprague is happy because of all the reporters in town. He says they are doing okay, but could always use the boost in tourism the spotlight from the Lottery is bringing their way.

Meanwhile back at Lottery headquarters in Lansing they are getting ready to roll out the red carpet, call in the media. Spokesperson Andi Brancato says the fact that no one surfaced immediately is no surprise, they often advise big winners to seek tax advice before they assume the tax liability. They also have to decide whether to take the 337-million paid in installments or the 224-million dollar lump sum.

That's just the first three questions. With this much cash, it might be a good idea to have a team of advisors, a lawyer, an tax accountant and an auditor to watch the other two. If it's a lottery club, it just gets that much more complicated.

The State Lottery doesn't allow Powerball winners to remain anonymous, no matter how much they may want to. Brancato says it's for the credibility of the game. They have to demonstrate to all the millions that are buying tickets that there are actual winners, because most of them know first hand there are a lot more losers.

The wait goes on. The clerks at the Sunoco station where the ticket was sold have been bombarded by questions about who might have won it, but it's anybody's guess. Brancato says those clerks can expect to be busy for a while. The stores that sell winning jackpot tickets are usually besieged by ticket buyers who think that history might just repeat itself. It rarely does.In the meantime the wait continues, and the lucky winner has up to a year to cash in.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

GGStarlings's avatarGGStarlings

Life is my friend

Rake it up to take it in

Wrap me in your cinnamon

Especially in Michigan

Well I could be your friend

(RHCP)

golfer1960's avatargolfer1960

Quote: Originally posted by GGStarlings on Aug 18, 2012

Life is my friend

Rake it up to take it in

Wrap me in your cinnamon

Especially in Michigan

Well I could be your friend

(RHCP)

Huh?

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Aug 18, 2012

Huh?

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Golfer!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Oh, hell yeah!

What I've got, you've got to give it to your mamma

What I've got, you've got to give it to your pappa

What I've got, you've got to give it to your daughter

You do a little dance and then you drink a little water

What I've got, you've got to get it put it in you

Reeling with the feeling, don't stop continue

Realize, I don't want to be a miser

Confide with sly, you'll be the wiser

Young blood is the lovin' upriser

How come everybody wanna keep it like the Kaiser?

Give it away, give it away, give it away, now

I can't tell, if I'm a king pin or a pauper

Greedy little people in a sea of distress

Keep your more to receive your less

Unimpressed by material excess

Love is free, love me say hell yes

I'm a low brow, but I rock a little know how

No time for the piggies or the hoosegow

Get smart, get down with the pow wow

Never been a better time, than right now

Bob Marley, poet and a prophet

Bob Marley, taught me how to off it

Bob Marley, walkin' like he talk it

Goodness me can't you see I'm gonna cough it?

Oh, oh yeah

I can't tell, if I'm a king pin or a pauper

-RHCP

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

"With this much cash, it might be a good idea to have a team of advisors, a lawyer, a tax accountant and an auditor to watch the other two."

Yeah, he better get a couple guys to watch the lawyer, lol, and make sure they ain't lawyers.

GGStarlings's avatarGGStarlings

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Aug 19, 2012

"With this much cash, it might be a good idea to have a team of advisors, a lawyer, a tax accountant and an auditor to watch the other two."

Yeah, he better get a couple guys to watch the lawyer, lol, and make sure they ain't lawyers.

Otherwise he gonna give it away give it away give it away now...

DC81's avatarDC81

Why is it every time the winner isn't at the lottery office the next day we get these kinds of stories? LOL Not to mention I find the part with the MSL rolling out the red carpet and alerting the media a bit disturbing...

Colt45ML's avatarColt45ML

Whoever it is, they better have them a trust (preferably offshore) and/or and LLC (again preferably offshore) ready to directly transfer the money to and immediately have it burning up the lines straight overseas, and have their butts firmly planted in a first class seat on a plane going to wherever the money is going.  Since Michigan won't let them claim anonomusly, then it is all the more important to have this done as quickly as possible.

Colt45ML's avatarColt45ML

Quote: Originally posted by GGStarlings on Aug 19, 2012

No, but he will steal it away, steal it away, yes sirreee.

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

Congratulations to the winner/sThumbs Up

Nikkicute's avatarNikkicute

Quote: Originally posted by Colt45ML on Aug 19, 2012

Whoever it is, they better have them a trust (preferably offshore) and/or and LLC (again preferably offshore) ready to directly transfer the money to and immediately have it burning up the lines straight overseas, and have their butts firmly planted in a first class seat on a plane going to wherever the money is going.  Since Michigan won't let them claim anonomusly, then it is all the more important to have this done as quickly as possible.

Unhappy Oh give me a break, it's not THAT SERIOUS!! Offshore?  Really?

No one is paying that much attention to a lottery winner!

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Aug 18, 2012

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Golfer!

Oh, thank you Ridge!

I was reading one of your post earlier and you said that you play $4.00 PB and you multidraw it. SO DO I!!! That way I stay on budget and I don't have to stand in line every week for tickets.

See you later, I'm off to play some golf!

sramster's avatarsramster

The comment in the article about Lapeer being a sleepy little town is totally off.  If you've ever been to Lapeer you'd see nothing but a strip mall both sides of M-24, constant traffic, and small manufacturing companies down side streets along with more stores.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by sramster on Aug 19, 2012

The comment in the article about Lapeer being a sleepy little town is totally off.  If you've ever been to Lapeer you'd see nothing but a strip mall both sides of M-24, constant traffic, and small manufacturing companies down side streets along with more stores.

Just driving through that area yesterday, and I see what you mean Sramster!

RedStang's avatarRedStang

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Aug 19, 2012

Must be the only town that still sells Pontiac.

BuyLow's avatarBuyLow

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Aug 19, 2012

I call BS.  All the cars in that picture are older. Pontiac signs came down a while ago

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by BuyLow on Aug 19, 2012

I call BS.  All the cars in that picture are older. Pontiac signs came down a while ago

The camera is over 10 years old, that would explain the decade of "aging" after the pictures were taken. Had I used my newer camera, the Pontiac

signs would have not appeared, and the vehicles pictured would have been more contemporary.

Funny how that works, eh..?  LOL   That would also explain why the picture my wife took of me, looked more like me from 2002 than 2012.

In the camera business, I believe they refer to that as the "Time Machine Effect". Quantum physics, 4th and 5th dimensions, worm holes,

black holes, and all that geeky Einstein stuff.  Conehead

haymaker's avatarhaymaker

Quote: Originally posted by BuyLow on Aug 19, 2012

You're  on it.

Look close @ the sign on the right side of the road,

see the rt.3 sign ? only rt. 3 in MI. is in SE detroit near lake st. clair.

Now look again at the pontiac sign, has a big GM at the bottom.

Its white letters w/ a red background, in the grand old U.S.A. they are white letters w/ blue background.

its somewhere in canada.

mediabrat's avatarmediabrat

I can't believe some people actually thought mcginnin was posting a legitimate picture.  Haven't you been paying attention?  All he does is post random crap because he thinks it's funny.

tvboris's avatartvboris

Quote: Originally posted by mediabrat on Aug 19, 2012

I can't believe some people actually thought mcginnin was posting a legitimate picture.  Haven't you been paying attention?  All he does is post random crap because he thinks it's funny.

hey, it really is funny. If not for him, this place would be boring. Rejoyce, as due to these posts, Force is running strong in this place.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Aug 19, 2012

You're  on it.

Its white letters w/ a red background, in the grand old U.S.A. they are white letters w/ blue background.

its somewhere in canada.

The "Time Machine Effect" depending upon the make and model of camera used, has been known to have a geographical quantum variance

factor of +/-  1250 miles. The clues that that your observing, are providing invaluable tracking information for any future "aging effects" of this

particular model of the Samsung digital camera.

Congrat's on the narrowing down of the exact latitude/longitude of location Haymaker. Thumbs Up

The only remaining mystery, would be the exact time this abnormality occurred. Looking forward to any additional clues to provide final closure.

mcginnin56

Everything posted here is "legitimate" brat. The only remaining quagmire, is for the viewing audience to conclude their own unique relevance.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by tvboris on Aug 20, 2012

hey, it really is funny. If not for him, this place would be boring. Rejoyce, as due to these posts, Force is running strong in this place.

The forces are indeed running very strongly here tvboris. Upon your arrival here, there is also much cause for celebration!   Party

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by GGStarlings on Aug 19, 2012

Roger that, GG!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Aug 19, 2012

Oh, thank you Ridge!

I was reading one of your post earlier and you said that you play $4.00 PB and you multidraw it. SO DO I!!! That way I stay on budget and I don't have to stand in line every week for tickets.

See you later, I'm off to play some golf!

You're welcome, golfer.

Yeah, I do a month at a time that way. Saves a lotta comin' down from the mountain.

If I win a little though, it's hammer time. Dam the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

Look out mama, Big Daddy's on the road again!

DC81's avatarDC81

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Aug 19, 2012

You're  on it.

its somewhere in canada.

It's Maine.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by DC81 on Aug 21, 2012

It's Maine.

Stack47

That seems to be the trend on LP lately where any lottery related discussion is quickly turned into a side show. The thing is, it takes participation to make a good message board and if all the off topic remarks were deleted, there would be very little to read. This topic is a good example because there really isn't much to discuss until the winning ticket is validated, but there are 28 replies and over 8000 views.

I agree the large number of off topic posts and now pictures are going way over the top, but haven't seen anyone from management pointing out any of the "Golden Rules" to mcginnin or anyone else so it must be fine with them. It's all about credibility and we can decide for ourselves which members have any lottery related credibility and which members don't.

Stack47

Quote: Originally posted by tvboris on Aug 20, 2012

"If not for him, this place would be boring."

Mediabrat,

I rest my case. They've been a member for 11 whole days and believe it's boring discussing better ways to play and win lottery games.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Stack47 on Aug 22, 2012

Mediabrat,

I rest my case. They've been a member for 11 whole days and believe it's boring discussing better ways to play and win lottery games.

Not every member here is necessarily a stone faced serious, all business, hard core lottery system geek.

Be thankful for the range and diversity of membership that we enjoy here.

That is the overriding success formula for Lottery Post.

Stack47

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Aug 22, 2012

Not every member here is necessarily a stone faced serious, all business, hard core lottery system geek.

Be thankful for the range and diversity of membership that we enjoy here.

That is the overriding success formula for Lottery Post.

"Not every member here is necessarily a stone faced serious, all business, hard core lottery system geek."

I don't recall anyone else saying what most, some, or a even a few of the members should be, but you had to say something because that new member likes your posts even if they are irrelevant or unrelated to the topic. Personally I don't care if you say you were driving through Wasilla, Alaska and post a photo of Times Square or say your ancestor won $1 million playing penny-ante poker when they came to American on the Mayflower. 

I was simply pointing out that a new member is bored because the majority of members are discussing lottery related topics on a lottery related message board. Maybe if you ask management, they will create a new forum just for non lottery related topics.

"Be thankful for the range and diversity of membership that we enjoy here."

You must have missed it when I told Mediabrat "it takes participation to make a good message board and if all the off topic remarks were deleted, there would be very little to read.". Do you expect a gold star for repeating what I already said?

"That is the overriding success formula for Lottery Post."

As I already mentioned participation is important, but when there is too much diversity and when the majority of the participation is non lottery related, I doubt LP will get very much credibility from any state lottery. How much credibility will your idea of a successful formula add to the petition to ban computerized drawings?

mcginnin56

"Not every member here is necessarily a stone faced serious, all business, hard core lottery system geek."

I don't recall anyone else saying what most, some, or a even a few of the members should be, but you had to say something because that new member likes your posts even if they are irrelevant or unrelated to the topic. Personally I don't care if you say you were driving through Wasilla, Alaska and post a photo of Times Square or say your ancestor won $1 million playing penny-ante poker when they came to American on the Mayflower. 

I was simply pointing out that a new member is bored because the majority of members are discussing lottery related topics on a lottery related message board. Maybe if you ask management, they will create a new forum just for non lottery related topics.

"Be thankful for the range and diversity of membership that we enjoy here."

You must have missed it when I told Mediabrat "it takes participation to make a good message board and if all the off topic remarks were deleted, there would be very little to read.". Do you expect a gold star for repeating what I already said?

"That is the overriding success formula for Lottery Post."

As I already mentioned participation is important, but when there is too much diversity and when the majority of the participation is non lottery related, I doubt LP will get very much credibility from any state lottery. How much credibility will your idea of a successful formula add to the petition to ban computerized drawings?

Appreciate your enlightened feedback Stack47!   Thumbs Up

Quote: Originally posted by DC81 on Aug 21, 2012

It's Maine.

Dc81,

nice call, I see MC56 awarded you the pot of gold from the end of the rainbow,

was there something in the pic. that tipped you off, or have you been to that town ?

I like to study pics. like that, they have a lot in them,

ya know, a pic. is worth a thousand words.

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Aug 20, 2012

The "Time Machine Effect" depending upon the make and model of camera used, has been known to have a geographical quantum variance

factor of +/-  1250 miles. The clues that that your observing, are providing invaluable tracking information for any future "aging effects" of this

particular model of the Samsung digital camera.

Congrat's on the narrowing down of the exact latitude/longitude of location Haymaker. Thumbs Up

The only remaining mystery, would be the exact time this abnormality occurred. Looking forward to any additional clues to provide final closure.

OK, but does it have the capability of the twilight zone camera ?

maybe you could get a pic. of future winning ticket ?

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Aug 22, 2012

OK, but does it have the capability of the twilight zone camera ?

maybe you could get a pic. of future winning ticket ?

Very good question Haymaker!

BTW that was season 2, episode 46. December 16, 1960. It was entitled "A Most Unusual Camera"

That episode was more comical than anything else.  LOL

I believe that technology is in the works! Can you imagine what the patent on that "unusual camera" would be worth.  What?

Good job again by you and DC81 on narrowing down the location of pic!   Hurray!

Very good question Haymaker!

BTW that was season 2, episode 46. December 16, 1960. It was entitled "A Most Unusual Camera"

That episode was more comical than anything else.  LOL

I believe that technology is in the works! Can you imagine what the patent on that "unusual camera" would be worth.  What?

Good job again by you and DC81 on narrowing down the location of pic!   Hurray!

Yes, thanks for the details, I liked that one because they went to the racetrack, if serling were writeing it today it would prolly be a casino,

maybe one that forgot to check if the cards have been shuffled. LOL

Well i did,t do that good a job,

I should have realized it was somewhere in the east w/ the rt 3 sign

only thing i was sure of is that it was,nt MI.

Appreciate your enlightened feedback Stack47!   Thumbs Up

Mcginnin, who the heck is Stack? The forum police!! Is he serious? LP will lack credibility? With the state lotteries? Give me a break! Why does this site need crediblity! Is LP vying for state funding or something?

When you read all these stories, how many times can you say you didn't win, or the person was foolish for spending all their lottery winnings or that some store clerk defrauded somebody and should go to jail. Boris was right, if not for mcginnin, there would be nothing new to discuss!

I like your post, pics and enlightened feedback!!!! You're a quality person no matter what these guys say.

Love,

Golfer, dag gone it!!

hands on hips

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Aug 22, 2012

Mcginnin, who the heck is Stack? The forum police!! Is he serious? LP will lack credibility? With the state lotteries? Give me a break! Why does this site need crediblity! Is LP vying for state funding or something?

When you read all these stories, how many times can you say you didn't win, or the person was foolish for spending all their lottery winnings or that some store clerk defrauded somebody and should go to jail. Boris was right, if not for mcginnin, there would be nothing new to discuss!

I like your post, pics and enlightened feedback!!!! You're a quality person no matter what these guys say.

Love,

Golfer, dag gone it!!

hands on hips

Green laugh Your cracking me up Golfer! Yeah maybe there is some panhandling going on, to help subsidize our "Poor Creditability" ratings from the

scrutinizing eyes of the state lotteries.  Blue Thinking  Guess we must be getting some failing grades on our state issued report cards as well.  Crying

I am a strong advocater of diversity here, or anywhere else for that matter. My position is to encourage a spirited engagement, critique and

exchange of ideas on all topics, lottery related or not.  Group Hug  If having a little fun here, or going off topic is angering some members here, then

I guess we just need to respect them for their viewpoints, and learn how to co-exist.   Love

Thanks for weighing in golfer, and I thank you for your very kind words! Good luck this evening.  Lep   Banana

Artist77's avatarArtist77

I am a twilight zone junkie!  There used to be a magazine on the episodes that I subscribed to...I think it was before I was in college.

You see a lot of actors/actresses that later had TV shows.

Best Episode:  To serve man!

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Aug 22, 2012

I am a twilight zone junkie!  There used to be a magazine on the episodes that I subscribed to...I think it was before I was in college.

You see a lot of actors/actresses that later had TV shows.

Same here!

William Shatner got his early start in one of the Twilight episodes. Shatner kept seeing this gremlin on the plane he was on, that was trying to

rip the wing apart. Remember that one Artist.  What?

It was called "Nightmare At 20,000 Feet".

Same here!

William Shatner got his early start in one of the Twilight episodes. Shatner kept seeing this gremlin on the plane he was on, that was trying to

He was in two of them.....yes that is definitely top 2.  Can you name another one he was in.  No cheating.

Same here!

I used to make jokes when I was flying (family, friends, coworkers) about something being on the wing of the plane...pre 9-11 only....don't want to get kicked off the plane

mcginnin56

He was in two of them.....yes that is definitely top 2.  Can you name another one he was in.  No cheating.

OK, I'm not cheating promise!!! No google going on.  No Nod

I remember the one where he and his wife were in a restaurant, and decided to play a penny into this fortune teller machine.

Don't remember title, but he became very obsessed with it's vague answers, that sounded like they were giving him some clues about his life.

OK, I'm not cheating promise!!! No google going on.  No Nod

I remember the one where he and his wife were in a restaurant, and decided to play a penny into this fortune teller machine.

Don't remember title, but he became very obsessed with it's vague answers, that sounded like they were giving him some clues about his life.

That was it.  He was a great actor even then.

Also the Eye of the Beholder...my top 3.

mcginnin56

That was it.  He was a great actor even then.

Also the Eye of the Beholder...my top 3.

Still watch all the reruns. What about the "Outer Limits", did you ever watch those at all?

Still watch all the reruns. What about the "Outer Limits", did you ever watch those at all?

Yea they had a different vibe but still good...fave is the one when the child's wall is a doorway into another dimension. As they are pulling the father back, the doorway starts to close....

There was also an episode I saw one time and I can't figure out if it was the other limits but I always remembered it....a couple has a baby but it is in another dimenison (they see a triangle or something).....I googled it but can't find it.

mcginnin56

Yea they had a different vibe but still good...fave is the one when the child's wall is a doorway into another dimension. As they are pulling the father back, the doorway starts to close....

There was also an episode I saw one time and I can't figure out if it was the other limits but I always remembered it....a couple has a baby but it is in another dimenison (they see a triangle or something).....I googled it but can't find it.

That was from Twilight! It was called "Little Lost Girl"

She somehow stepped into a portal leading into a new dimension.

You were right on the money!  Thumbs Up

That was from Twilight! It was called "Little Lost Girl"

She somehow stepped into a portal leading into a new dimension.

You were right on the money!  Thumbs Up

I found the second one....http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0683240/   Tomorrow's child. Ray Bradbury Theater per google? But I saw an old episode I thought, not one from 1992. Ray Bradbury is the best.  The is the craziest one of all time.

tvboris's avatartvboris

Mediabrat,

Ok, let's discuss better ways to play. 

So, do you think number 12 will come up tonight or long expected 28 for powerball? I personally think it would be 12. 

wow, It felt so good to say it. Let me keep going then....

I also think that 07 28 42 43 53 and 12 has the biggest potential from my stack of tickets.

Woooooow. That was awesome. But boring.

Quote: Originally posted by tvboris on Aug 22, 2012

Ok, let's discuss better ways to play. 

So, do you think number 12 will come up tonight or long expected 28 for powerball? I personally think it would be 12. 

wow, It felt so good to say it. Let me keep going then....

I also think that 07 28 42 43 53 and 12 has the biggest potential from my stack of tickets.

Woooooow. That was awesome. But boring.

I hear ya Boris. Stack wants to discuss better ways to play the lottery. Give me a break!!!

There are only two ways to play MM or PB: pick your own or quick pick! I don't know any other way.

If all the books and methods worked then somebody would hit MM and PB every week. Plus people who played those systems would win all the time. It ain't happening!

Besides, if we knew how to win, we wouldn't tell Stack how to win the jackpot, right? I'd tell all my family and friends first so that they could win their own jackpot too. Right?

tvboris's avatartvboris

I hear ya Boris. Stack wants to discuss better ways to play the lottery. Give me a break!!!

There are only two ways to play MM or PB: pick your own or quick pick! I don't know any other way.

If all the books and methods worked then somebody would hit MM and PB every week. Plus people who played those systems would win all the time. It ain't happening!

Besides, if we knew how to win, we wouldn't tell Stack how to win the jackpot, right? I'd tell all my family and friends first so that they could win their own jackpot too. Right?

Yup. Exactly.

Green laugh Your cracking me up Golfer! Yeah maybe there is some panhandling going on, to help subsidize our "Poor Creditability" ratings from the

scrutinizing eyes of the state lotteries.  Blue Thinking  Guess we must be getting some failing grades on our state issued report cards as well.  Crying

I am a strong advocater of diversity here, or anywhere else for that matter. My position is to encourage a spirited engagement, critique and

exchange of ideas on all topics, lottery related or not.  Group Hug  If having a little fun here, or going off topic is angering some members here, then

I guess we just need to respect them for their viewpoints, and learn how to co-exist.   Love

Thanks for weighing in golfer, and I thank you for your very kind words! Good luck this evening.  Lep   Banana

You got it brother!

Stack47

Love,

Golfer, dag gone it!!

hands on hips

"Why does this site need crediblity! "

Ask the owner.

Stack47

"I hear ya Boris. Stack wants to discuss better ways to play the lottery."

A new member said talking about lottery related subjects is boring. Next time have your poodle explain it to you.

OldSchoolPa's avatarOldSchoolPa

It looks like a single winner won this jackpot and not a pool. I hate pool winners.

Stack47

Quote: Originally posted by OldSchoolPa on Aug 23, 2012

It looks like a single winner won this jackpot and not a pool. I hate pool winners.

The owner of the store where I usually buy my tickets told me the guy he's in a pool with bought tickets at the same store selling the winner. The owner said "they" didn't have the winning ticket and I told him to get a lawyer if the other guy did.

Any time there is a pool involved there will always be someone saying they "should be" part of the pool even if they didn't pay to play and demand their cut.

tvboris's avatartvboris

Quote: Originally posted by on Mar 29, 2024

There is no random crap. Random yes, crap no. Every new post is connected to the previous, it's inherits the Random Walk pattern, likewise the lottery.

So, if, for example, you are reading about food stamps somewhere here, this could be highly correlated to the outcome of playing the lottery too much. You just miss the connection :)

Hint: there are other forum threads about strategies. You are in the article post now. Good luck.

Nikkicute's avatarNikkicute

It's Tuesday, nothing new huhWhat?

Guess they are getting all of their business together before coming

forward to make their claim.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Nikkicute on Aug 28, 2012

Dpoly1 just posted an update, there will be a news conference to meet new winners Monday!

dognabit

Quote: Originally posted by Nikkicute on Aug 28, 2012

Rumor is he/she/they will be comming in on friday.

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Aug 28, 2012

Dpoly1 just posted an update, there will be a news conference to meet new winners Monday!

On labor day. That would be a first.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Aug 29, 2012

On labor day. That would be a first.

My mistake Stang, that would be this Friday the 31st.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Aug 29, 2012

My mistake Stang, that would be this Friday the 31st.

friday sounds like a good day to get paid.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Aug 29, 2012

friday sounds like a good day to get paid.

Any day is a good day to get paid, except Doomsday.

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Aug 29, 2012

Any day is a good day to get paid, except Doomsday.

Better late than never.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by KY Floyd on Aug 30, 2012

Better late than never.

Better never than dead.   Dead

The winner has claimed, he is a local from lapeer.

A retired railroad engineer, took the lump sum.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Aug 31, 2012

I just saw that too.  I wonder has anyone alerted the LP news staff, they're usually on top of these stories.

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Aug 31, 2012

Headlines are wrong. He quit, did'nt retire. Does'nt matter anyways.

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Aug 31, 2012

Headlines are wrong. He quit, did'nt retire. Does'nt matter anyways.

Yea,

when It's me I'm going to fire myself, since they like to fire me. LOL

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story