Illinois Lottery launching a new game Sunday

Sep 8, 2012, 4:39 pm (51 comments)

Illinois Lottery

Includes video report

SRRINGFIELD, Ill. — The Illinois Lottery is launching a new game this weekend.

The new game, called My3, will go on sale Sunday.

According to lottery officials, the game is not replacing Pick 3.

The My3 game will allow players to pick their favorite numbers without the need to specify what type of wager is being made. The prize levels for My3 are also different than Pick 3.

There are two daily My3 drawings. Players must match all three numbers in exact order to win $200. Lesser amounts can be won depending on the order in which the numbers are drawn.

VIDEO: Game introduction from the Illinois Lottery

AP, Illinois Lottery

Comments

SergeM's avatarSergeM

Sounds sick to me!

mcginnin56

Give this game 2 aspirin, and a good nights sleep, and maybe it will go away for good.

Nikkicute's avatarNikkicute

Matching all 3 numbers in order wins $200

Match 3 with a repeated digit in any order  $100

Match 3 in any order $40

Match 2 numbers in any order $4.00

haymaker's avatarhaymaker

Quote: Originally posted by SergeM on Sep 8, 2012

Sounds sick to me!

Serge, regarding your sig. line

the president can forbid tabacco if he wants,

but that don't make it law, not how we do it here.

mcginnin56

The president might also consider forbidding our high unemployment rates, an eroding economy and trillions more in our national deficit.

whiteballz's avatarwhiteballz

My3? I didn't even know I had a 3.

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Sep 8, 2012

lol Yep that's the name of the game My3.

They should have called it Pick 3 part 2 or Pick 3 the sequel...

Starts this Sunday so, get the win Illinois!!

Nice that you get something for at least 2 numbers.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Sep 8, 2012

It's always been there whiteballz, right between My2 and My4.

MzDuffleBaglady's avatarMzDuffleBaglady

I"ll drive over and try it out, on Sunday.

If I get 2 out of 3, at least I"ll get my $1.00 back.

Good Luck.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by SergeM on Sep 8, 2012

Sounds sick to me!

Belgium should be annexed by Germany.

Too many annoying little countries over there.

US Flag

Coin Toss's avatarCoin Toss

Bet ya that even beofre the first drawing someone will post a system for it!

Scared       Green laugh

Sounds to me like Northstar is trying to generate the same action, dollar wise, while reducing payoffs for the games, the Ezmatch on Lucky Day Lotto - top prize is $500 at 210,000:1 odds, and now this game.

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on Sep 8, 2012

Bet ya that even beofre the first drawing someone will post a system for it!

Scared       Green laugh

Sounds to me like Northstar is trying to generate the same action, dollar wise, while reducing payoffs for the games, the Ezmatch on Lucky Day Lotto - top prize is $500 at 210,000:1 odds, and now this game.

LOL!! that's a good one, a system for My3. lolLOL

smooth11484's avatarsmooth11484

a lotof lp mem always have systems to get pairs on pick 3 so peep should win 4 bucks every draw

Stack47

Quote: Originally posted by Nikkicute on Sep 8, 2012

Match 3 in any order $40

A 50 cent straight/box ticket pays better on the regular pick-3 game. Even though both PB and MM jackpots are over $100 million, this lottery believes players will spend a buck for a chance at winning an extra $4.

The match any 2 has to be in exact order, pays $4. Odds 1:37.

Any Pick 3 player has missed by one digit and that's probably the come on here, but the exact order will prevent a lot of payoffs.....unless people played all six combos of a number, but why do that to win $4? The lottery is always ahead of the player.

The third part of the front of the playslip reads:

How lucky are you feeling? Select the dollar amount you'd like to play.

$1  $2  $3  $4  $5

So someone who didn't know better would play $3, $4, or $5 on the same playslip and be liable for a tax hit, as oppossed to filling out separate playslips for the same number.

The payout chart on the back of the playslip is based on a $1 play. Someone I was talking to couldn't figure out that the payouts would be times the dollard played. This is one of the reason why lotteries make so much money.

cbr$'s avatarcbr$

So if the Iowa Lottery and Illinois Lottery are combine on daily drawing. Is Ill. lottery sharing with Iowa the results from the new game My3 as well?Thinking of...

There's not a thing about it on the Iowa lottery website.

Stack47

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on Sep 9, 2012

The match any 2 has to be in exact order, pays $4. Odds 1:37.

Any Pick 3 player has missed by one digit and that's probably the come on here, but the exact order will prevent a lot of payoffs.....unless people played all six combos of a number, but why do that to win $4? The lottery is always ahead of the player.

The third part of the front of the playslip reads:

How lucky are you feeling? Select the dollar amount you'd like to play.

$1  $2  $3  $4  $5

So someone who didn't know better would play $3, $4, or $5 on the same playslip and be liable for a tax hit, as oppossed to filling out separate playslips for the same number.

The payout chart on the back of the playslip is based on a $1 play. Someone I was talking to couldn't figure out that the payouts would be times the dollard played. This is one of the reason why lotteries make so much money.

"The match any 2 has to be in exact order, pays $4. Odds 1:37."

Players are getting three pick-3 individual bets for a buck, but only the highest payout can cash and its a 40 cent bet on straight, 48 cents on box, and 4 cents each way on the front, back, and outside pairs. If you could make the same bets on their Pick-3 game a straight win would get the player $200 for the straight plus $40 for the box and $6 for the pairs or $246.

The minimum for playing the pick-3 at 50 cents on the same 5 ways is $2.50 and a straight win would get the player $365 or $404 on a double. The bet might cost two and 1/2 times more but the player would 6,25 more by only matching two numbers.

It's no wonder there are groups saying the Lotteries prey on the poor and it looks like Northstar is helping them to make their case.

RedStang's avatarRedStang

Fu la-Its that easy.

ekem6078's avatarekem6078

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Sep 8, 2012

Give this game 2 aspirin, and a good nights sleep, and maybe it will go away for good.

I Agree!Bed This is like the TN sum sh..t. Puke anything to make the pick 3 lottery a extra buck(without a good payout)  You are better off playing pick 3 midday and even.Yes Nod

JAP69's avatarJAP69

I was just looking at the my3 and pick 3 drawings in Illinois and see a 3 hour time span between the 2 drawings.

Are they or are they not using the same ball sets and machines for both games?

From what I read it usually takes 2 hours to do pre test before an actual drawing. 3 hours would give them time to do the pre test ritual.

Would mess up data keeper players and system players if they are.

JADELottery thinks this game is the start of Illinois being computerized.

There's a blog entry:

https://www.lotterypost.com/blogentry/70449/postcomment

cbr$'s avatarcbr$

Thanks Coin Toss for the information. If the result we see for daily 3 game in Ill. lottery is still have the same lottery number as Iowa pick 3 daily. Are we looking at My3 result for Ill. today or daily pick 3 results?

For whatever reason Iowa uses Illiois' numbers for Pick 3 and Pick 4, but not for other games.

I don't think Iowa has My3.

fast eddie's avatarfast eddie

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on Sep 10, 2012

JADELottery thinks this game is the start of Illinois being computerized.

There's a blog entry:

https://www.lotterypost.com/blogentry/70449/postcomment

below is a copy of an email response i received from the il. lottery

Good Day,

Thank you for your question. The My3 is drawn using the balls on a machine.

Sean Illinois Lottery Player Support

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by fast eddie on Sep 10, 2012

below is a copy of an email response i received from the il. lottery

Good Day,

Thank you for your question. The My3 is drawn using the balls on a machine.

Sean Illinois Lottery Player Support

He's got some balls telling you that.

fast eddie's avatarfast eddie

Smile

I'm a sucker, i'm playing the my3 now. i use it to get me to the midday draw and the evening draw.

JADELottery's avatarJADELottery

from one of our other blogs.

ALERT: One of the signs the New IL My3 game could be Computerized.

It's not televised.

Comments:

Good Day Doug,
Thank you for your question. The My3 is drawn in the same manner as the other lottery games.
Sean
Illinois Lottery Player Support

--Original Message--
Date: 9/10/2012 1:51:13 PM
To: LotteryInfo@northstarlottery.net
Subject: Information on the New Illinois My3 Game.
Hello,

I’m writing to confirm the New Illinois My3 Game is a computer picked drawing.

Thank you,

Doug

# posted by JADELottery : 2:28 PM
But there's something peculiar about the way this game is being presented.

Go to the Illinois Lottery web site, http://www.illinoislottery.com/en-us/home.html, and look for the link to the My3 game.

There you'll see a link to 'Watch the Draw', http://www.illinoislottery.com/en-us/my3.html#draw=M or http://www.illinoislottery.com/en-us/my3.html#draw=E .

On that page is a section at the top that shows the numbers for that day.

Where are the Humans? Where are the same manner machines?

If this is the same manner as the others, then I'd have to conclude based on this, they are computerized or at the very least the other are going to be.

See for yourself.
# posted by JADELottery : 2:38 PM
Hermanus104's avatarHermanus104

Quote: Originally posted by Nikkicute on Sep 8, 2012

Match 3 in any order $40

"Stupid tax" is definitely a fitting term for this particular lottery game. 

Look at this chart comparing the payouts for the regular Illinois Pick-3 and the My3 game. The regular 3-ball is on the left, and the new 3-ball is on the right. This chart assumes a wager of $1 in both situations.

Straight ... ... ... ... ... $500 ... ... ... $200 What?

Box 3-way ... ... ... ... $160 ... .. ... $100 What?

Box 6-way ... ... ... ... $80 ... ... ... ... $40 What?

50/50 ... ... ... $250 / $40 ... $200 / $40 What?

Front Pair/Back Pair ... $50 ... ... ... ... $4 What?

The only thing that you can do with this new game that you cannot do with the original Pick-3 is make a $2 - $5 wager. I'd rather fill out the same number five or ten times on one or two playslips and have the potential to win more.

Good comparison, Hermanus104.

Northstar seems to be donig what the groceries stores are doing, charging the same for less than what you used to get.

(Notice how products are shrinking in size....with northstar it's prizes shrinking in size....seems they are going after not-so experienced players.)

alphalmoni's avataralphalmoni

when will we be able to post our predictions for the new game,"all or nothing"?

jamella724

I know this new game will bring new luck and winnings to lottery enthusiasts...Good luck to everyone who will take their chance on My3.

Todd's avatarTodd

Quote: Originally posted by alphalmoni on Sep 11, 2012

when will we be able to post our predictions for the new game,"all or nothing"?

The ability to post predictions for the new Texas All or Nothing game, as well Illinois' new My3 game, was added this morning.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Todd on Sep 11, 2012

The ability to post predictions for the new Texas All or Nothing game, as well Illinois' new My3 game, was added this morning.

What about the New England game "Lucky For Life", I haven't seen any ability to post predictions for this exciting new game.  What?

Todd's avatarTodd

I just spoke with a representative at the Illinois Lottery, and got the full scoop on the drawings.

You folks will be pleased:  the drawings are done with traditional ball drawings -- not computerized.

The drawings are videotaped, but not televised.  The reason for the lack of televised drawings have to do with procuring air time (since the draws happen at a different time) and not because they are computerized.

The My3 drawings use the same exact draw equipment as the regular Pick 3 drawings.

The Illinois Lottery started My3 as a way to attract new players to Pick 3, as standard Pick 3 can be a bit confusing for new players, since they are not accustomed to placing different types of wagers and so forth.  So they developed My3 to be a simpler version in which the game is played one way only, and payoffs for straight, box, and pairs are always in effect -- not just when you wager that way.

Good news, all around. Thumbs Up

shelby50

Thanks  for the Info!!

MzDuffleBaglady's avatarMzDuffleBaglady

I just spoke with a representative at the Illinois Lottery, and got the full scoop on the drawings.

You folks will be pleased:  the drawings are done with traditional ball drawings -- not computerized.

The drawings are videotaped, but not televised.  The reason for the lack of televised drawings have to do with procuring air time (since the draws happen at a different time) and not because they are computerized.

The My3 drawings use the same exact draw equipment as the regular Pick 3 drawings.

The Illinois Lottery started My3 as a way to attract new players to Pick 3, as standard Pick 3 can be a bit confusing for new players, since they are not accustomed to placing different types of wagers and so forth.  So they developed My3 to be a simpler version in which the game is played one way only, and payoffs for straight, box, and pairs are always in effect -- not just when you wager that way.

@ Todd:   Thanks for the Information.

Have a nice day!!!!!Smile

Huh, YouTube must be broke.

Or, someone doesn't know how to turn on video streaming back at the ranch.

Todd's avatarTodd

Quote: Originally posted by JADELottery on Sep 11, 2012

Huh, YouTube must be broke.

Or, someone doesn't know how to turn on video streaming back at the ranch.

Running a lottery is not like some dude sitting in their basement uploading videos.  It's a lot more complicated, and any kind of broadcast or stream must be 100% secured and audited to be sure some hacker doesn't have their way with the lottery.  I think you should give them a break, but that's your call.

Running a lottery is not like some dude sitting in their basement uploading videos.  It's a lot more complicated, and any kind of broadcast or stream must be 100% secured and audited to be sure some hacker doesn't have their way with the lottery.  I think you should give them a break, but that's your call.

Not even one little itty-bitty peeek?

RL-RANDOMLOGIC

I am not a P-3 player but would play a game like this.  The main reason I don't play P-3 is you have to

wager on different pairs of digits like front / back pairs, any order, exact order etc...   This game sounds

like it's payouts are more like the small JP games with three numbers.  I like the idea.

RL

RL-RANDOMLOGIC

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on Sep 11, 2012

Good comparison, Hermanus104.

Northstar seems to be donig what the groceries stores are doing, charging the same for less than what you used to get.

(Notice how products are shrinking in size....with northstar it's prizes shrinking in size....seems they are going after not-so experienced players.)

CT

A little off topic but I am glad that I not the only one that noticed the smaller sizes of products at  higher prices.

I buy packaged sliced turkey for my cat and I noticed that the packs kept getting thinner and thinner and the

price was going up.  I made a few calculations and and came to the conclusion that if it continued at the same

rate then in a year I would be paying $5.00 for just the package the meat came in.   I went to the management

and showed them my figures and within a month the price was dropped to match the previous price by weight.

Never hurts to call them at their game.  Greed is killing this country.

RL

Huh, what's this link I found at http://www.illinoislottery.com/en-us/news-press-releases-archives.html

Could it be some kind of streaming, http://www.state.il.us/streaming/lottery/pmahearing-090810.asx

Setup, but not utilized on the state side... but aren't they connected at the hip?

Hmm-hmm-hmm...?

You know, I'll be danged if I can find a press release on this game detailing the Game and Game odds itself and the method of draw selection.

It's possible I'm just missing something... guess Anything Is Possible now-a-days.

If you found one, let me know.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by JADELottery on Sep 12, 2012

You know, I'll be danged if I can find a press release on this game detailing the Game and Game odds itself and the method of draw selection.

It's possible I'm just missing something... guess Anything Is Possible now-a-days.

If you found one, let me know.

I feel your frustration JADE! I was just on the Illinois lotto website, and they did have a section explaining how to play My3, rules, odds, etc.

Good luck!  Thumbs Up

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Sep 12, 2012

I feel your frustration JADE! I was just on the Illinois lotto website, and they did have a section explaining how to play My3, rules, odds, etc.

Good luck!  Thumbs Up

Wait... I thought pick 3 players were so sophisticated and intimate with the game that they WROTE the rules?

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Sep 12, 2012

Wait... I thought pick 3 players were so sophisticated and intimate with the game that they WROTE the rules?

The My3 rules are so simple, that there should be no rules. The game practically plays itself, and is guaranteed to be idiot proof.    Jack-in-the-Box

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Sep 12, 2012

The My3 rules are so simple, that there should be no rules. The game practically plays itself, and is guaranteed to be idiot proof.    Jack-in-the-Box

Well that would be the game for me, for sure.....

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Sep 12, 2012

Well that would be the game for me, for sure.....

Now wait a minute here, I wasn't implying you were an......Jack-in-the-Box , was I.  What?

Robinhood's avatarRobinhood

Quote: Originally posted by RL-RANDOMLOGIC on Sep 12, 2012

CT

A little off topic but I am glad that I not the only one that noticed the smaller sizes of products at  higher prices.

I buy packaged sliced turkey for my cat and I noticed that the packs kept getting thinner and thinner and the

price was going up.  I made a few calculations and and came to the conclusion that if it continued at the same

rate then in a year I would be paying $5.00 for just the package the meat came in.   I went to the management

and showed them my figures and within a month the price was dropped to match the previous price by weight.

RL

Gotta love this response  @ RL-RANDOMLOGIC

"I am glad that I'm not the only one that noticed the smaller sizes of products at higher prices" Thumbs UpI Agree!

This is what is called 'HIDDEN INFLATION".

"Greed is killing this country" ................... and may I add .... it's also killing this WORLD!

Can't try your tactic over here though - 'cause we import practically everything.  Tourists who visit here - when they see the prices we pay at the Grocery Store (eg. $5 -$7.00 for a box of cereal - that keeps getting thinner by the box), they usally ask "How do you guys make it (to eat) over here!   Some simply refuse to pay the high prices because they get these items so much cheaper at home.

Just wanted to add my comments  on this off topic.

Quote: Originally posted by RL-RANDOMLOGIC on Sep 12, 2012

CT

RL

RL,

Good for you letting them know you knew about the shrinkage!

People here on LP are probably the only ones that would get this, but in states like Illinois, where the state no longer runs the lottery but contractd it out, what's not to say things like a game with the same odds, same price (well, one of five prices) didn' come from some former grocery management types who now work for a provate run lottery?

Just a thought.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story