$260 MILLION: Powerball lottery jackpot surges

Mar 17, 2013, 8:10 am (133 comments)

Powerball

By Todd Northrop

There was no jackpot winner in the Saturday night drawing of the multi-state Powerball game, causing the grand prize to increase to an estimated $260 million for Wednesday's drawing.

Saturday was the 11th consecutive drawing without a jackpot winner.  The current jackpot run started February 9 as a $40 million jackpot.

The estimated cash value for the new jackpot is $161.1 Million.  After-tax cash and annuity prize amounts are reported state-by-state on the Jackpot Analysis page at USA Mega, a web site devoted to the Powerball and Mega Millions multi-state lottery games.

This is the largest Powerball jackpot since the historic drawing on Nov. 28, 2012, when 2 tickets sold in Arizona and Missouri split the largest Powerball jackpot of all time.  (See Record $587.5 million Powerball jackpot won by 2 tickets, Lottery Post, November 29, 2012).

Players should note that jackpot amounts are conservative estimates provided by the lotteries, and are often somewhat higher by the time the drawing occurs.

Even though there were no jackpot winners, 16 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize: 1 from Arizona, 1 from Colorado, 1 from Georgia, 3 from Illinois, 1 from Louisiana, 2 from Maryland, 1 from Missouri, 1 from New Jersey, 1 from New York, 1 from Texas, 1 from Virginia, 1 from Washington, D.C., and 1 from West Virginia.

Of all the second-prize winners, the ticket sold in Colorado and 2 of the tickets sold in Illinois were purchased with the Power Play option for an extra $1.  Because they purchased the Power Play, those 3 tickets are now worth $2 million. 

58 tickets matched four white numbers plus the Powerball and won $10,000.  Of those tickets, 7 were purchased with the Power Play option, increasing the prize to $40,000.

When a Powerball ticket is purchased with the Power Play option for an extra $1 per ticket, any non-jackpot prize is increased according to a fixed prize schedule, which can be found on the Powerball Drawing Detail page at USA Mega, as well as on the Powerball Prize Payouts page at Lottery Post.

The Powerball winning numbers for Saturday, March 16, were 3, 7, 21, 44, and 53, with Powerball number 16.

Following the Saturday drawing, the Powerball annuity jackpot estimate was raised $44 million from its previous amount of $216 million. The cash value was raised by $28.3 million from its previous amount of $132.8 million.

The next Powerball drawing will take place Wednesday evening at 10:59 pm EDT.

Powerball is now played in 42 states, plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Drawings are Wednesdays and Saturdays at 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time.  Tickets cost $2 each.

On April 8, California will join the Powerball game, becoming the 43rd state to play the game. After California joins the game, Powerball will be available for purchase in every U.S. state that operates a lottery.

A 44th Powerball state will be added some time in the next year, as the state of Wyoming has approved a new state lottery with the intention of joining Powerball and other multi-state games.  (See Wyoming officially becomes 44th state with a lottery, Lottery Post, Mar. 14, 2013.)

Powerball lottery results are published within minutes of the drawing at USA Mega.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

s5thomps's avatars5thomps

Let the madness begin. Let's see if rolls up to a billion this time!

LottoGuyBC's avatarLottoGuyBC

$260+ M Hurray!

msharkey2001's avatarmsharkey2001

Quote: Originally posted by s5thomps on Mar 17, 2013

Let the madness begin. Let's see if rolls up to a billion this time!

It's not likely to hit those stratoshperic heights, but I too would love to see it and be part of the ticket buying frenzy that would ensue.

whiteballz's avatarwhiteballz

Quote: Originally posted by msharkey2001 on Mar 17, 2013

It's not likely to hit those stratoshperic heights, but I too would love to see it and be part of the ticket buying frenzy that would ensue.

would the ticket buying frenzy be anything like a feeding frenzy, msharky2001?  LOL

easygoing123go

It will go higher than $260- I'm thinking $280 for Wednesday,  Good Luck

Piaceri

Happy St Paddy's Day everyone! May the luck of the Irish shine on one of us this week!

Lep

White Bounce

sully16's avatarsully16

Another chance to get it right, good luck everyone

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

$260 million sounds good to meBanana

jarasan's avatarjarasan

What's funny is that someone wrote that those numbers last night probably got a jackpot hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That they were common "easy numbers".....HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Green laugh

ashabug725's avatarashabug725

Quote: Originally posted by jarasan on Mar 17, 2013

What's funny is that someone wrote that those numbers last night probably got a jackpot hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That they were common "easy numbers".....HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Green laugh

There were 16 2nd tier hits... Which is quite a bit more than normal if I'm not mistaken... So although the jackpot was not hit,a lot of people were close!!

mightwin's avatarmightwin

Lottery players in california are wishin it was mid april right now.

Ronnie316

Green laugh

I can understand the 03-07-21, but how are 44 and 53 common? LOL

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Mar 17, 2013

Happy St Paddy's Day everyone! May the luck of the Irish shine on one of us this week!

Lep

White Bounce

crock of gold

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Mar 17, 2013

44 for 44 magnum the most powerful handgun in the world!!! Goof

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Mar 17, 2013

44 for 44 magnum the most powerful handgun in the world!!! Goof

All 6 winning numbers would "Make my day"

Ronnie316

Lottery players are winners.

All 6 winning numbers would "Make my day"

you've gotta ask yourself one question, "do I feel lucky?"

IPlayWeekly's avatarIPlayWeekly

Congrats to the winners

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

A man's gotta know his limitations.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

"Of all the second-prize winners, the ticket sold in Colorado and 2 of the tickets sold in Illinois were purchased with the Power Play option for an extra $1.  Because they purchased the Power Play, those 3 tickets are now worth $2 million.

58 tickets matched four white numbers plus the Powerball and won $10,000.  Of those tickets, 7 were purchased with the Power Play option, increasing the prize to $40,000."

Now that there is the reason I all the time kick in the extry buck for Powerplay.

I might strike out a lot when I'm swingin' fer the fences but it jest might pay off real good someday if I connect fer 5 numbers like 16 people just did or even for 4+1 numbers like 58 people just did. Dadgum straight.

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by mightwin on Mar 17, 2013

Lottery players in california are wishin it was mid april right now.

Yes, the calvary arrives in April and starts cleaning house.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Mar 17, 2013

Yes, the calvary arrives in April and starts cleaning house.

I heard Governor Moonbeam might have to "borrow" people's big lottery winnings to cover those unfunded monster pensions for government employees out there.

noise-gate

Gov Moonbeam may or may not think what he wants rdgnr, but the Lottery spells it mission out in no uncertain terms..

The Birth of the California State Lottery

The Lottery was created by a ballot measure, Proposition 37, which was approved by 58 percent of voters on Nov. 6, 1984. The Lottery Act gave the Lottery a clear mission: to provide supplemental funding for public schools and colleges.

NOT to fund pensions etc etc. In order for Moonboy to attempt to raid anything, he would have to put it on the ballot- no way it would pass, not in a million years.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

George Bernard Shaw 

dognabit

It should easily be over $300 million when the drawings happens on wednesday.

xaab

Quote: Originally posted by dognabit on Mar 17, 2013

I predict it'll get to 1 billion the Wednesday after this Wednesday.

helpmewin's avatarhelpmewin

Green laugh

Green laugh

Eek

don't forget 16 (4 numbers under 20)

03-07-21-44-53**16

Lep

White Bounce

Happy St.Patrick's Day Lep

I Agree!

Romancandle's avatarRomancandle

Hmmm... it's possible... but I'd be surprised.  With MM sitting at a whopping 13M, most folks will be dumping thier cash into PB... that could goose the jackpot.

weshar75's avatarweshar75

With a $260 million jackpot I am thinking that the annuity looks like a nice option because in your first year it is like $4 million and in your last year it balloons to $14 million.  If you are a young person who can wait out the 30 years it would be a good option.  Come on my ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-weshar75

US Flag

That would be sweet...Thumbs Up

Quote: Originally posted by weshar75 on Mar 17, 2013

With a $260 million jackpot I am thinking that the annuity looks like a nice option because in your first year it is like $4 million and in your last year it balloons to $14 million.  If you are a young person who can wait out the 30 years it would be a good option.  Come on my ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-weshar75

US Flag

I Agree!

US Flag

I am only 27... But no way I'd take annuity.. even though its about 70mil more... Many different reasons... 115milliin is plentyfor me and my family...

weshar75's avatarweshar75

Quote: Originally posted by ashabug725 on Mar 17, 2013

I am only 27... But no way I'd take annuity.. even though its about 70mil more... Many different reasons... 115milliin is plentyfor me and my family...

You also live in a state that has a lot of powerball luck on its side too with all those jackpots won.  Good luck to you on wednesday night!-weshar75

US Flag

You also live in a state that has a lot of powerball luck on its side too with all those jackpots won.  Good luck to you on wednesday night!-weshar75

US Flag

no one said indiana people were smart. Crazy

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Mar 17, 2013

I heard the IndianaKid say that Indiana people were smart.   Conehead

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Mar 17, 2013

I heard the IndianaKid say that Indiana people were smart.   Conehead

oh yeah where's he at????Bang Head

Current Jackpot: $260 Million

Cash Option: $161.1 Million before taxes

Next Drawing: 03/20/2013

mcginnin56

oh yeah where's he at????Bang Head

Hint: He resides in a state called Indiana.   Coffee

Hint: He resides in a state called Indiana.   Coffee

see what i tell ya  Crazy

mcginnin56

see what i tell ya  Crazy

Yes Nod           LOL

Yes Nod           LOL

Happy St. Patrick's day Lephope you are enjoying yourself today

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by on Apr 25, 2024

Say what.......What?

wow you are exceeding you bedtime tonight huh? it is 8:00 here i bet it is 9 there

mcginnin56

wow you are exceeding you bedtime tonight huh? it is 8:00 here i bet it is 9 there

Bed

Bed

BedGreen laugh

redhot7's avatarredhot7

If it keeps going until April 8 when CA joins Powerball, how much would the jackpot be?

Quote: Originally posted by redhot7 on Mar 17, 2013

If it keeps going until April 8 when CA joins Powerball, how much would the jackpot be?

not sure anyone could know that yet depending how Many ticket selling may go up may go down but most likely it will go up due to a extreme frenzy.Big Grin

noise-gate

Unfortunately,  the jackpot will be won by then,  however there will be more PB money in the pot going forward. Californians have been chomping at the bit for a long time to bring PB to the State.
Let the winning begin.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Gov Moonbeam may or may not think what he wants rdgnr, but the Lottery spells it mission out in no uncertain terms..

The Birth of the California State Lottery

The Lottery was created by a ballot measure, Proposition 37, which was approved by 58 percent of voters on Nov. 6, 1984. The Lottery Act gave the Lottery a clear mission: to provide supplemental funding for public schools and colleges.

NOT to fund pensions etc etc. In order for Moonboy to attempt to raid anything, he would have to put it on the ballot- no way it would pass, not in a million years.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

George Bernard Shaw 

I just hope he doesn't have to "invoke special powers" in a "state emergency" or anything like that.

Those government workers are demanding every dime of their monster pensions.

noise-gate

Rdgnr- He may " have special powers" but those powers will not encompass the State lottery. If there is one thing you do not screw with in California, its putting something on the ballot for the people to vote on either up or down and then try and circumvent the will of the people by doing something else.

Get this:

Education FAQs

How much does the Lottery give to California public schools?

In total Lottery contributions, California public schools have received more than $25 billion in Lottery funds since the Lottery began in October 1985. This contribution currently represents approximately 1.5% of the state’s public school annual budget. Remember, Lottery funds are to supplement public education, not to replace state and local funding.

How are Lottery funds distributed?

The Lottery’s mandate, as defined in the California State Lottery Act, is to provide supplemental funding to California public education on all levels from kindergarten through higher education, plus several specialized schools.

All segments of public schools receive the same per pupil funding level from the Lottery based on the average daily attendance of students in each school district. Since 1985, the educational institutions that receive Lottery funds and their cumulative distributions are listed below:

K-12th Grade -- 76.71%
Community Colleges -- 16.22%
California State University System -- 4.30%
University of California -- 2.70%
Other Educational Entities -- .07%

Moonbeam cannot get his greasy fingers on any of the money- its all allocated.

US Flag

Thanks! U too!

There's some smarticles around these parts... I can learn ya!

JoeCanWin

Hi everyone, 

I actually made a $3 profit after my betting on Powerball this time. I correctly predicted the number 16 as the PowerBall number, except for one other regular number, all of my other numbers were wrong. I'm reasonably happy about this and I have already predicted another number as the PB number for the next drawing. One of the few times I have made any profit at all after a drawing in PowerBall in 16 years of playing. I'll see what happens on Wednesday night like everyone else. Good luck all :)

hsg2000

If no one wins this jackot!

Where will this  madness go to, maybe the jackpot might be $400 million!!!

Take a deep breath, please do not fart!!!!

GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JesterHat

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Rdgnr- He may " have special powers" but those powers will not encompass the State lottery. If there is one thing you do not screw with in California, its putting something on the ballot for the people to vote on either up or down and then try and circumvent the will of the people by doing something else.

Get this:

Education FAQs

How much does the Lottery give to California public schools?

In total Lottery contributions, California public schools have received more than $25 billion in Lottery funds since the Lottery began in October 1985. This contribution currently represents approximately 1.5% of the state’s public school annual budget. Remember, Lottery funds are to supplement public education, not to replace state and local funding.

How are Lottery funds distributed?

The Lottery’s mandate, as defined in the California State Lottery Act, is to provide supplemental funding to California public education on all levels from kindergarten through higher education, plus several specialized schools.

All segments of public schools receive the same per pupil funding level from the Lottery based on the average daily attendance of students in each school district. Since 1985, the educational institutions that receive Lottery funds and their cumulative distributions are listed below:

K-12th Grade -- 76.71%
Community Colleges -- 16.22%
California State University System -- 4.30%
University of California -- 2.70%
Other Educational Entities -- .07%

Moonbeam cannot get his greasy fingers on any of the money- its all allocated.

Yeah but I'm just worried if Linda Ronstadt comes back around and starts all that old 'Roll Me Baby' stuff that he'll do anything she says.

There's no tellin' what any man might do in that situation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s4_teISos0

I'm just sayin...

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 18, 2013

Yeah but I'm just worried if Linda Ronstadt comes back around and starts all that old 'Roll Me Baby' stuff that he'll do anything she says.

There's no tellin' what any man might do in that situation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s4_teISos0

I'm just sayin...

Linda is now singing Spanish songs or Gospel Music and has no interest in Brown since they parted ways decades ago. They were certainly not John and Yoko.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Mar 18, 2013

Linda is now singing Spanish songs or Gospel Music and has no interest in Brown since they parted ways decades ago. They were certainly not John and Yoko.

Yeah but he could also fall victim to the wiles of Ralph Nader.

Then everything is out the window.

It's 'Katy Bar The Door' after that.

JoeCanWin

Lep

White Bounce

Thank You so much Piaceri :)

I am half Irish myself, so I'm hoping for more luck for Wednesday night's drawing.

I made a whopping $3 profit Saturady night by predicting that the Power Ball number would be 16! LOL.

I have already predicted another winning Power Ball number for Wednesday, but now I think it could be a different Power Ball number instead, so I will just play both. Of course I will still play my same 5 + 1 numbers that I have been playing for 16 years now. Yes, sixteen years with the same number (Kind of like being married I guess)(No, I'm not really married). I figure I'm due for more $$$ soon.

Oh, and May the LUCK of the Irish shine on you and everyone else out there that believes in Irish luck.Lep

Bye for now Troll

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by JoeCanWin on Mar 18, 2013

I am half Irish myself, so I'm hoping for more luck for Wednesday night's drawing.

I made a whopping $3 profit Saturady night by predicting that the Power Ball number would be 16! LOL.

I have already predicted another winning Power Ball number for Wednesday, but now I think it could be a different Power Ball number instead, so I will just play both. Of course I will still play my same 5 + 1 numbers that I have been playing for 16 years now. Yes, sixteen years with the same number (Kind of like being married I guess)(No, I'm not really married). I figure I'm due for more $$$ soon.

Oh, and May the LUCK of the Irish shine on you and everyone else out there that believes in Irish luck.Lep

Bye for now Troll

I have a wee bit of Irish myself, may the best 5+1 win. Any chance of adding your numbers to the LP pool?

jimmy4164

Yeah but he could also fall victim to the wiles of Ralph Nader.

Then everything is out the window.

It's 'Katy Bar The Door' after that.

I just heard that people in China are avoiding the new mandatory seat-belt laws by buying T-Shirts with belts painted on them.  Maybe you can import some to fit you.  What a great way for you to show your spite for one of Ralph Nader's many accomplishments.

Ronnie316

Lottery players are winners.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by jimmy4164 on Mar 18, 2013

I just heard that people in China are avoiding the new mandatory seat-belt laws by buying T-Shirts with belts painted on them.  Maybe you can import some to fit you.  What a great way for you to show your spite for one of Ralph Nader's many accomplishments.

Yeah, I love what he started by killing that nice little car, the Corvair.

And I just love all the government intervention we have in every aspect of our lives now.

You should come to TN where we have TSA Agents pulling over and searching vehicles on the highways to see if you're doing anything wrong.

Old Ralphie boy should be proud to be one of the pioneers of the total police state that's coming.

This country was founded by people who came here to escape tyrannical government and religious oppression, but like a dog returning to it's vomit, there are always people like you and Nader who want to return to tyranny. Go figure.

Ronnie316

And I just love all the government intervention we have in every aspect of our lives now.

You should come to TN where we have TSA Agents pulling over and searching vehicles on the highways to see if you're doing anything wrong.

Old Ralphie boy should be proud to be one of the pioneers of the total police state that's coming.

This country was founded by people who came here to escape tyrannical government and religious oppression, but like a dog returning to it's vomit, there are always people like you and Nader who want to return to tyranny. Go figure.

I Agree! Only a idiot would EAT the hand that is feeding it.

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by JoeCanWin on Mar 18, 2013

Bye for now Troll

And best of luck to you, too, JoeCanWin. I've got a spot of Irish from my Mom's German-Irish-Scots lines. 

I look forward to see how your predictions turn out. Dance

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

im half irish too, i planed on playing on wed but i got drunk instead and  blew the cash on green beer.

jimmy4164

Well, you've made your position clear.

No freedom loving oracle like yourself would wear a seat-belt, especially when Ralph Nader is responsible for the mandate, right?

But waddya' think of the painted shirt idea?

Or did you invent another way to avoid those pesky tickets?

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Well, you've made your position clear.

No freedom loving oracle like yourself would wear a seat-belt, especially when Ralph Nader is responsible for the mandate, right?

But waddya' think of the painted shirt idea?

Or did you invent another way to avoid those pesky tickets?

No, actually I always wear a seatbelt and advise everyone I care about to wear one.

I just don't like the government telling us that we have to.

And the private sector would have provided them as a safety feature without the government mandate.

You'd be surprised at the strides in science and technology that have been achieved without some weasel-like, Harry-Reid-looking government bureaucrat sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong.

ressuccess's avatarressuccess

Good luck to these players. I will predict in the Powerball drawing.

jimmy4164

No, actually I always wear a seatbelt and advise everyone I care about to wear one.

I just don't like the government telling us that we have to.

And the private sector would have provided them as a safety feature without the government mandate.

You'd be surprised at the strides in science and technology that have been achieved without some weasel-like, Harry-Reid-looking government bureaucrat sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong.

"And the private sector would have provided them as a safety feature without the government mandate."

Are you sure about that?  In how many decades do you think they would have acted on their own?

Here is the truth of the matter!

"...Undaunted by the automotive industry's resistance to more stringent safety standards for the manufacturing of automobiles, Nader continued his consumer movement..."

golfer1960's avatargolfer1960

Hey Red, we are at $260M at 11 drawings with no winner (according to the article).

Recently the PB jackpot went to $587.5M at 15 drawings.

If no one hits it by 4/10/13 that will be 17 drawings without a winner and it could go to $900M by then (in my opinion). 

That would be sick wouldn't it? If someone wins it other than me, I'll be depressed for 3-weeks. Sad

However, good luck to ya!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

"And the private sector would have provided them as a safety feature without the government mandate."

Are you sure about that?  In how many decades do you think they would have acted on their own?

Here is the truth of the matter!

"...Undaunted by the automotive industry's resistance to more stringent safety standards for the manufacturing of automobiles, Nader continued his consumer movement..."

Yes, eventually they would have.

Decades or days, nobody knows and it doesn't matter, it's none of their business.

And who doesn't resist when being pushed - especially by patronage weasels who could never make it in the very industries to whom they dictate?

BTW, I don't mash down on nondescript links.

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Mar 18, 2013

Hey Red, we are at $260M at 11 drawings with no winner (according to the article).

Recently the PB jackpot went to $587.5M at 15 drawings.

If no one hits it by 4/10/13 that will be 17 drawings without a winner and it could go to $900M by then (in my opinion). 

That would be sick wouldn't it? If someone wins it other than me, I'll be depressed for 3-weeks. Sad

However, good luck to ya!

I think it will be won by the 8th... Hoping so at least.. that will have California start with us on a new run... But imagine if the jackpot got that high and only had one winner.  Now that would be sickening!!!

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by ashabug725 on Mar 18, 2013

I think it will be won by the 8th... Hoping so at least.. that will have California start with us on a new run... But imagine if the jackpot got that high and only had one winner.  Now that would be sickening!!!

Having just one Powerball winner, would be a very beautiful thing indeed.  Troll

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Just Waiting For My Bank Account To "Surge" LOL Cool

Ronnie316

Decades or days, nobody knows and it doesn't matter, it's none of their business.

And who doesn't resist when being pushed - especially by patronage weasels who could never make it in the very industries to whom they dictate?

I Agree! There is a big difference betwenn TELLING people to use one square of TP and USING one square.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Mar 18, 2013

I Agree! There is a big difference betwenn TELLING people to use one square of TP and USING one square.

Dadgum straight.

Especially after Taco Bell.  Dead

JoeCanWin

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Mar 18, 2013

And best of luck to you, too, JoeCanWin. I've got a spot of Irish from my Mom's German-Irish-Scots lines. 

I look forward to see how your predictions turn out. Dance

Thanks, but to be totally humble and honest about it, I'm still wrong 99% of the time with my Lottery numbers.

I'm just not bright enough to give up.

Bye now, and let your Irish shine through!

JoeCanWin

Where is this LP Pool? Most of my numbers are already popular from what I can figure. I'm worried that if I ever actually win the PowerBall or MegaMillions JP, I will be splitting it with 100+ other winners already. I would still like to see about this LP pool you mentioned.

Thanks, and Good Luck Wednesday Night! 

RJOh's avatarRJOh

I was going to wait for its next roll to $350M+ but I think I'll pick 10 lines to play this Wednesday just in case someone wins it this time.  After fourteen tickets just missed winning it all with the correct bonus ball, anything can happen.

jimmy4164

nondescript?  Maybe you should switch to Firefox; it tells you where you're going, before you mash.

http://salempress.com/store/samples/landmarks_in_modern_american_business/landmarks_in_modern_american_business_nader.htm

"Even with increased public awareness, the U.S. automobile manufacturers would not improve their safety standards. For example, in 1959, the New York State Joint Legislative Committee on Motor Vehicle and Traffic Safety had recommended that seat belts be sold as standard factory- installed equipment. In 1960, the automobile manufacturers' lobbyists used their influence to defeat a bill that required seat belts on all new automobiles sold in New York. New York, like many other states, was unable to require rigid automobile safety standards because of the lobbying power of the automobile manufacturers."

It's amazing how brilliantly the 1% manages to maintain the support of common people, even whiskey guzzlers from "way back up in them dadgum hills."

jamella724

This is really huge!! Hmmm what will be the perfect number combination to nail this prize? I need to take chances in my game again. :)

Quote: Originally posted by ashabug725 on Mar 18, 2013

There's some smarticles around these parts... I can learn ya!

LOL

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Mar 18, 2013

Having just one Powerball winner, would be a very beautiful thing indeed.  Troll

Hurray!

Good Luck everyone Lep

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by jimmy4164 on Mar 19, 2013

nondescript?  Maybe you should switch to Firefox; it tells you where you're going, before you mash.

http://salempress.com/store/samples/landmarks_in_modern_american_business/landmarks_in_modern_american_business_nader.htm

"Even with increased public awareness, the U.S. automobile manufacturers would not improve their safety standards. For example, in 1959, the New York State Joint Legislative Committee on Motor Vehicle and Traffic Safety had recommended that seat belts be sold as standard factory- installed equipment. In 1960, the automobile manufacturers' lobbyists used their influence to defeat a bill that required seat belts on all new automobiles sold in New York. New York, like many other states, was unable to require rigid automobile safety standards because of the lobbying power of the automobile manufacturers."

It's amazing how brilliantly the 1% manages to maintain the support of common people, even whiskey guzzlers from "way back up in them dadgum hills."

Buck up, little jimmy, your dream of a nanny/police-state where our every breath is scrutinized, regulated, licensed and taxed seems to be well on it's way.

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Mar 18, 2013

im half irish too, i planed on playing on wed but i got drunk instead and  blew the cash on green beer.

lol Green laugh

golfer1960's avatargolfer1960

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Mar 18, 2013

Hey Savage, are you really in Australia? If so, can you play American Powerball?

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

The $62,829,000 in Federal Taxes on the current Cash Value is more than enough for the Federal Government to throw down the Black Hole of Government Waste

Good luck to all & if I win please call your Congressman for your "fair share" of the Jackpot LOL

Dancedancin' for the money!

gogidolim

Don't push rdgrnr's button. Just don't.

JoeCanWin

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Mar 19, 2013

lol Green laugh

I won't tell you what green beer used to do to me. You can probably guess.

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Mar 19, 2013

Hey Savage, are you really in Australia? If so, can you play American Powerball?

yup sure am here.  i cant play as an individual, i have a pal in usa  who i go halves on pb tickets with,  who knows  if we ever win I will get my half. but  until then i like to think   i will  be collecting.

Arrowhead's avatarArrowhead

Curious how many here add on the PowerPlay or think it's not worth the extra buck...

Justwinbaby

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Mar 19, 2013

The $62,829,000 in Federal Taxes on the current Cash Value is more than enough for the Federal Government to throw down the Black Hole of Government Waste

Good luck to all & if I win please call your Congressman for your "fair share" of the Jackpot LOL

Dancedancin' for the money!

Actually, it would be $63, 795, 600. And I would be delighted to pay every cent of that $63, 795, 600 because it means that I would have $97, 304, 000 in the bank that I did not have yesterday. To me, that is more than my fair share of the jackpot given that a $2 investment earned me in one night more money than the average American would see in 100 lifetimes.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Arrowhead on Mar 19, 2013

Curious how many here add on the PowerPlay or think it's not worth the extra buck...

We've debated the merits before and if I recall correctly the people who play a very limited number of tickets play it and those who play a lot of tickets would rather spend the extry money on more lines. I always play it, myself

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Mar 19, 2013

yup sure am here.  i cant play as an individual, i have a pal in usa  who i go halves on pb tickets with,  who knows  if we ever win I will get my half. but  until then i like to think   i will  be collecting.

I like your pragmatic demeanor as it relates to the probabilities of cashing in or getting stiffed if your shared ticket wins.

You must be an easy-going guy.

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 19, 2013

We've debated the merits before and if I recall correctly the people who play a very limited number of tickets play it and those who play a lot of tickets would rather spend the extry money on more lines. I always play it, myself

Sounds about right.

Well, I've got two with the PP. Might add another before the draw if I can find enough loose change. Big Grin

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Arrowhead on Mar 20, 2013

Sounds about right.

Well, I've got two with the PP. Might add another before the draw if I can find enough loose change. Big Grin

Yeah, I'm gonna get a couple extry lines about an hour before the draw tomorrow night.

I don't know why but the later I play the better I seem to do.

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 20, 2013

Yeah, I'm gonna get a couple extry lines about an hour before the draw tomorrow night.

I don't know why but the later I play the better I seem to do.

Good deal. Whatever works for ya. Good luck.

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Mar 18, 2013

I was going to wait for its next roll to $350M+ but I think I'll pick 10 lines to play this Wednesday just in case someone wins it this time.  After fourteen tickets just missed winning it all with the correct bonus ball, anything can happen.

Now, RJOh, don't forget about that Ohio Classic. I'm taking that one while you figure out how to deal with the $113 million after-tax headache of this thing...Wink

JoeCanWin

Quote: Originally posted by Justwinbaby on Mar 19, 2013

Actually, it would be $63, 795, 600. And I would be delighted to pay every cent of that $63, 795, 600 because it means that I would have $97, 304, 000 in the bank that I did not have yesterday. To me, that is more than my fair share of the jackpot given that a $2 investment earned me in one night more money than the average American would see in 100 lifetimes.

You do make an excellent point. Keep up the good work.

kyokushin187's avatarkyokushin187

Wow no increase in the jackpot. What gives?

Quote: Originally posted by kyokushin187 on Mar 20, 2013

I don't think its quite 'big enough' to spike the frenzy... MM jumped to $20,000,000 though... Maybe for Saturday or next Wednesday if it isn't won by then people will go crazy again

pickone4me's avatarpickone4me

Interesting that the jackpot is quite up there....Must be keeping it up on purpose so crapafornia can come in on the very first drawing and run off with the money!

bigboy90000

Brought 39 tickets

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by kyokushin187 on Mar 20, 2013

The guesstimators guessed pretty good.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by bigboy90000 on Mar 20, 2013

Brought 39 tickets

Where'd ya bring 'em?

13-14-17-43-54  PB 15

Two non-birthday numbers, 43 and 54. so there is a good chance the jackpot might roll.

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Mar 20, 2013

13-14-17-43-54  PB 15

Two non-birthday numbers, 43 and 54. so there is a good chance the jackpot might roll.

I sure hope so!!!!! Ready for the frenzy to begin :)

joshuacloak's avatarjoshuacloak

the irony is someone said all bday numbers last draw , it was hit for sure

then it rolled

am going to rofl HARD if its hit,  u did it us in whiteballz!

joking aside,

thro  odds are getting high soon this thing should be won if not tonite

to many people playin, thro odds are sure above 50% on any given draw below 400m,

am thinkin  at lest  25 wins of  2nd place winners 5-0 tonite.

its good as dead come above 400m mark,  as it just fly's to 500/600m range as only 2 jackpots have proven mm/pb records

its like having a Hit placed on u,and ever assasin in the world  out 2 murder u. and whole buildin your in under siege, safe room of high odds is gone for jackpot

as for me, i matched 1 white ball, lone 54  Dead, anyone else had better luck?

also other guy right ," The guesstimators guessed pretty good."

they only get it little wrong come 300m range,

and if it gets above 300m range, there so Far off, its a joke, but we only had 2 jackpots 1 mm/1 pb above 300m

both at first was marketed in 400M rangeGreen laugh        ofc  no jackpot that gets 2 400m range stays in 400m range, it like in monopoly, skip past go"400m" and go right to 500/600 m range

i think 1 lottery officer even said ticket sales for pb record last year topped above 130,000 tickets sold a SEC, a freaking Sec,

and god save us all if rolls past 500/600m range, we be welcoming first  at a billion jackpot for sure. and the poor   guesstimators  at lottery office would be on job 24/7 ,  am sure they can pay overtime if that happens Rofl.

Quote: Originally posted by joshuacloak on Mar 21, 2013

the irony is someone said all bday numbers last draw , it was hit for sure

then it rolled

am going to rofl HARD if its hit,  u did it us in whiteballz!

joking aside,

thro  odds are getting high soon this thing should be won if not tonite

to many people playin, thro odds are sure above 50% on any given draw below 400m,

am thinkin  at lest  25 wins of  2nd place winners 5-0 tonite.

its good as dead come above 400m mark,  as it just fly's to 500/600m range as only 2 jackpots have proven mm/pb records

its like having a Hit placed on u,and ever assasin in the world  out 2 murder u. and whole buildin your in under siege, safe room of high odds is gone for jackpot

as for me, i matched 1 white ball, lone 54  Dead, anyone else had better luck?

also other guy right ," The guesstimators guessed pretty good."

they only get it little wrong come 300m range,

and if it gets above 300m range, there so Far off, its a joke, but we only had 2 jackpots 1 mm/1 pb above 300m

both at first was marketed in 400M rangeGreen laugh        ofc  no jackpot that gets 2 400m range stays in 400m range, it like in monopoly, skip past go"400m" and go right to 500/600 m range

i think 1 lottery officer even said ticket sales for pb record last year topped above 130,000 tickets sold a SEC, a freaking Sec,

and god save us all if rolls past 500/600m range, we be welcoming first  at a billion jackpot for sure. and the poor   guesstimators  at lottery office would be on job 24/7 ,  am sure they can pay overtime if that happens Rofl.

I only had 17.. no better luck :(
But I predict 315 if it doesn't hit... And maybe a rise before the draw... We shall see

Quote: Originally posted by ashabug725 on Mar 21, 2013

I only had 17.. no better luck :(
But I predict 315 if it doesn't hit... And maybe a rise before the draw... We shall see

PB rolled to $320 million for Satuday's draw.

joshuacloak's avatarjoshuacloak

There was no jackpot winner in the Wednesday, March 20, 2013 Powerball drawing, but 3 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize

holy crap , i was way off, thinkin 25 2nd winners

this thing had only  3, freaking 3 5-0 winners

, last it had 16 due to bday numbers

wow this jackpot does Not want 2 be won,and u was close with your 315 guest, 

also with max tax rate of 39.6 taken into it

if u taken the cash, u have  over 119m left atfer tax;'s

that's just crazy alone atm, u be set for life,and so will your kids and  and grandkids etc,   

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 05 · 16 · 22 · 23 · 29    + 06 $587.5 Million
Saturday, November 24, 2012 22 · 32 · 37 · 44 · 50    + 34

$325 Million

so if it rolls past this,its safe to say, we be seeing a other 500m mini jackpot again

gl everyone

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Mar 21, 2013

I just saw that!!! I was so close!!! Time to go to bed and have sweet dreams of another incredible jackpot!!! :)

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Mar 20, 2013

The guesstimators guessed pretty good.

That they added $60 million after the previous $44 million increase definitely suggests that they were pretty close. If sales warranted an increase of $6 million it would mean they were following a $50 million increase with a $54 million increase.  That seems far more cautious than necessary, given that any number over 300 probably guarantees very good sales.

FWIW, <snip> is reporting sales of $90 million. That would mean 45 million tickets, and almost $30 million for the cash jackpot. Given the current cash to annuity ratio that corresponds fairly closely with the $44 million increase they guessed at.

The record last November jumped $34 million, from 216 to 250. It then jumped $75 million from 250 to 325, but the 325 may not have been the original advertised amount.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by Justwinbaby on Mar 19, 2013

"To me, that is more than my fair share of the jackpot"

You miss the point

Nobody deserves the money, except for the eventual winner

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Mar 21, 2013

You miss the point

Exactly.

He bought the ticket which makes his "fair share" the jackpot.

And half of it is being confiscated.

Being thankful that the government doesn't confiscate all of it is pathetic.

But a lot of people have been conditioned to have that response.

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Mar 21, 2013

You miss the point

I Agree!Party

jimmy4164

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 19, 2013

Buck up, little jimmy, your dream of a nanny/police-state where our every breath is scrutinized, regulated, licensed and taxed seems to be well on it's way.

Well rdgrnr,
it looks like it's high time you seek out a new place to enjoy your "Jack" with more freedom.  Somalia might be your best refuge.  Aside from it's ample Highland Habitats that a person such as yourself would enjoy, I hear the tax collectors there are not very successful making their rounds, especially if you own an AR-15, which I would assume you do.  Check it out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia#Location_and_habitat

Personally, I'd rather take my chances with the considerably higher taxes I would have to pay in a country like Norway.  Have you ever visited there?  Be forewarned though, you might suffer some cognitive dissonance if you do.  Even with their heavy tax burden, the people somehow seem quite happy.  Partly, I think, because they have no fear of losing their homes through illness, and they don't have to borrow against their homes to put their kids through school, because education is free there.  Check it out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway

To discredit Norway, if you're thinking of bringing up Anders Breivik, the guy who killed 77 people to make a point of his opposition to immigration to his country, don't bother.  Sadly, there are extremists everywhere, even up there in those 'dadgum hills' of yours.  I'm sure you've met a few.

--Jimmy4164

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by jimmy4164 on Mar 22, 2013

Well rdgrnr,
it looks like it's high time you seek out a new place to enjoy your "Jack" with more freedom.  Somalia might be your best refuge.  Aside from it's ample Highland Habitats that a person such as yourself would enjoy, I hear the tax collectors there are not very successful making their rounds, especially if you own an AR-15, which I would assume you do.  Check it out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia#Location_and_habitat

Personally, I'd rather take my chances with the considerably higher taxes I would have to pay in a country like Norway.  Have you ever visited there?  Be forewarned though, you might suffer some cognitive dissonance if you do.  Even with their heavy tax burden, the people somehow seem quite happy.  Partly, I think, because they have no fear of losing their homes through illness, and they don't have to borrow against their homes to put their kids through school, because education is free there.  Check it out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway

To discredit Norway, if you're thinking of bringing up Anders Breivik, the guy who killed 77 people to make a point of his opposition to immigration to his country, don't bother.  Sadly, there are extremists everywhere, even up there in those 'dadgum hills' of yours.  I'm sure you've met a few.

--Jimmy4164

"Personally, I'd rather take my chances with the considerably higher taxes I would have to pay in a country like Norway."

My only question then would be: Why are you still here? There's your nanny/police state where you barely have to think for yourself cuz the government does it all for you. Womb-to-tomb, just doing what you're told and reaping the discipline and rigid structure you so needily require. Any Lib would swoon at the notion.

I say go for it! 

And by the by, little jimmy, I have to tell you that I was somewhat taken aback by your move to lock down your blog from comments after I had proferred only my first. That was rude and uncalled for, although I concede in strict keeping with the liberal strategem to quickly silence any voice of opposition that you so heartily endorse and advance. 

Don't hide from the truth jimmy. It can set you free. Put down your Communist Manifesto occasionally and open your mind. Let the sunshine in, get some air. Let your dreams of heavy-handed, strict, rigid, centralized, monolithic, intractable government domination drift off into the ether for a moment and consider the unbridled freedom of the human spirit. The human spirit, unencumbered by the bounds and limits of initiative-crushing and ambition-stifling centralized government control, dominated (as always) by government bureaucrats incapable of independent thought or creativity. That's where the dreams of men come to fruition, jimmy - not in some Gulag existence of guaranteed gruel and a roof over your head. Think about it.

jimmy4164

rdgrnr,

You said, "My only question then would be: Why are you still here?"

Because I'm not as concerned about conditions here in the US as you seem to be.  I'm working for change that might move us closer to Norway.  Why are YOU still here?

"There's your nanny/police state where you barely have to think for yourself cuz the government does it all for you. Womb-to-tomb, just doing what you're told and reaping the discipline and rigid structure you so needily require. Any Lib would swoon at the notion."

It's strange you would feel that way.  I met some pretty creative thinkers there.  What parts of Norway did you visit?  Maybe you're confusing Norway with another country.  Americans tend to do that sometimes.

"And by the by, little jimmy, I have to tell you that I was somewhat taken aback by your move to lock down your blog from comments after I had proferred only my first."   (try 2nd or 3rd)

Apparently, you don't have much experience with one-way blogs, which are kind of like reading a book or magazine.  I got weary of having to clean up the venom spewed there when I left the door open.  Messy.  I'm surprised the management here doesn't have blog moderators.  If you don't find what I post there to your liking, I suggest you ignore it.

I was hoping to read your comments on Somalia as an alternative, given that you think the US is headed toward a state of 'intractable government domination.'  Don't you think you'd have better odds on a lower tax bill in Somalia?

BTW, did you hone your writing skills up there in those 'dadgum hills' or did you venture east, closer to the security of the Pine Barrens?

--Jimmy4164

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 22, 2013

"Personally, I'd rather take my chances with the considerably higher taxes I would have to pay in a country like Norway."

My only question then would be: Why are you still here? There's your nanny/police state where you barely have to think for yourself cuz the government does it all for you. Womb-to-tomb, just doing what you're told and reaping the discipline and rigid structure you so needily require. Any Lib would swoon at the notion.

I say go for it! 

And by the by, little jimmy, I have to tell you that I was somewhat taken aback by your move to lock down your blog from comments after I had proferred only my first. That was rude and uncalled for, although I concede in strict keeping with the liberal strategem to quickly silence any voice of opposition that you so heartily endorse and advance. 

Don't hide from the truth jimmy. It can set you free. Put down your Communist Manifesto occasionally and open your mind. Let the sunshine in, get some air. Let your dreams of heavy-handed, strict, rigid, centralized, monolithic, intractable government domination drift off into the ether for a moment and consider the unbridled freedom of the human spirit. The human spirit, unencumbered by the bounds and limits of initiative-crushing and ambition-stifling centralized government control, dominated (as always) by government bureaucrats incapable of independent thought or creativity. That's where the dreams of men come to fruition, jimmy - not in some Gulag existence of guaranteed gruel and a roof over your head. Think about it.

Thanks Ridge for responding directly to Jammy the ass clown. After several months of listening to his monotone, incantation style mantra I had no choice but to block his posts to avoid the insanity.

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Mar 21, 2013

I Agree! Good Luck everyone Lep

RedStang's avatarRedStang

Quote: Originally posted by ashabug725 on Mar 20, 2013

I don't think its quite 'big enough' to spike the frenzy... MM jumped to $20,000,000 though... Maybe for Saturday or next Wednesday if it isn't won by then people will go crazy again

I Agree!  Did'nt see anyone buying tickets, but there was a frenzy for the 2 for 1 cookies.

Quote: Originally posted by Arrowhead on Mar 20, 2013

Good deal. Whatever works for ya. Good luck.

I Agree!

jimmy4164

Quote: Originally posted by Arrowhead on Mar 19, 2013

This might help you decide whether to pay for the Powerplay.

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/256392/2922801

You can also do some "What If" testing with this...

http://www.justwebware.com/powerball/powerball.html 

haymaker's avatarhaymaker

Quote: Originally posted by jimmy4164 on Mar 25, 2013

This might help you decide whether to pay for the Powerplay.

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/256392/2922801

You can also do some "What If" testing with this...

http://www.justwebware.com/powerball/powerball.html 

I use the powerplay and the megaplier based on the 2nd prize, nothing else,

consider it as though it were a separate game.

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Mar 25, 2013

I use the powerplay and the megaplier based on the 2nd prize, nothing else,

consider it as though it were a separate game.

Thumbs Up

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by jimmy4164 on Mar 22, 2013

rdgrnr,

You said, "My only question then would be: Why are you still here?"

Because I'm not as concerned about conditions here in the US as you seem to be.  I'm working for change that might move us closer to Norway.  Why are YOU still here?

"There's your nanny/police state where you barely have to think for yourself cuz the government does it all for you. Womb-to-tomb, just doing what you're told and reaping the discipline and rigid structure you so needily require. Any Lib would swoon at the notion."

It's strange you would feel that way.  I met some pretty creative thinkers there.  What parts of Norway did you visit?  Maybe you're confusing Norway with another country.  Americans tend to do that sometimes.

"And by the by, little jimmy, I have to tell you that I was somewhat taken aback by your move to lock down your blog from comments after I had proferred only my first."   (try 2nd or 3rd)

Apparently, you don't have much experience with one-way blogs, which are kind of like reading a book or magazine.  I got weary of having to clean up the venom spewed there when I left the door open.  Messy.  I'm surprised the management here doesn't have blog moderators.  If you don't find what I post there to your liking, I suggest you ignore it.

I was hoping to read your comments on Somalia as an alternative, given that you think the US is headed toward a state of 'intractable government domination.'  Don't you think you'd have better odds on a lower tax bill in Somalia?

BTW, did you hone your writing skills up there in those 'dadgum hills' or did you venture east, closer to the security of the Pine Barrens?

--Jimmy4164

James!

How did I miss this gem?

Thanks for bringing it to my attention in Ronnie's thread.

Why, this is one of your better efforts!

Infantile and monotonous yes, but a masterpiece in your usual little world of inane, droning monologues!

I'm proud of ya, my lttle punkinhead...  Wink 

"I'm working for change that might move us closer to Norway."

Yeah, let's do what some tiny country of 4 million people does, James.

That makes perfect sense!  Confused

I can see you're gonna be a mover and a shaker someday, James.

But that has nothing to do with what you're moving and shaking now.

And you're gonna go blind if you keep it up.

Stop that!

"Maybe you're confusing Norway with another country.  Americans tend to do that sometimes."

Yeah you're right James, when somebody mentions Norway, most of us dumb Americans naturally think of Zimbabwe. Confused

"Apparently, you don't have much experience with one-way blogs, which are kind of like reading a book or magazine.  I got weary of having to clean up the venom spewed there when I left the door open.  Messy."

Actually, there's no way to "clean up" anybody's "venom" but your own in the blogs, James. So that was a little fib on your part. Your reason for locking it down against opposing viewpoints is simply that of most libs, you just can't stand hearing opposing viewpoints. Especially when they rock you to your core like my response to your babies in Iraq blog did. I don't blame you for that though James, nobody likes to look stupid. Especially in their own blog.

"I was hoping to read your comments on Somalia..."

Hope in one hand and take a dump in the other one, James.

See which one fills up first.

Your frivolity is yours and yours alone.

"BTW, did you hone your writing skills up there in those 'dadgum hills' or did you venture east, closer to the security of the Pine Barrens?"

He who gives up freedom in exchange for security will usually get neither, James.

Always remember that, my little knucklehead.

Now skedaddle!

jimmy4164

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 28, 2013

James!

How did I miss this gem?

Thanks for bringing it to my attention in Ronnie's thread.

Why, this is one of your better efforts!

Infantile and monotonous yes, but a masterpiece in your usual little world of inane, droning monologues!

I'm proud of ya, my lttle punkinhead...  Wink 

"I'm working for change that might move us closer to Norway."

Yeah, let's do what some tiny country of 4 million people does, James.

That makes perfect sense!  Confused

I can see you're gonna be a mover and a shaker someday, James.

But that has nothing to do with what you're moving and shaking now.

And you're gonna go blind if you keep it up.

Stop that!

"Maybe you're confusing Norway with another country.  Americans tend to do that sometimes."

Yeah you're right James, when somebody mentions Norway, most of us dumb Americans naturally think of Zimbabwe. Confused

"Apparently, you don't have much experience with one-way blogs, which are kind of like reading a book or magazine.  I got weary of having to clean up the venom spewed there when I left the door open.  Messy."

Actually, there's no way to "clean up" anybody's "venom" but your own in the blogs, James. So that was a little fib on your part. Your reason for locking it down against opposing viewpoints is simply that of most libs, you just can't stand hearing opposing viewpoints. Especially when they rock you to your core like my response to your babies in Iraq blog did. I don't blame you for that though James, nobody likes to look stupid. Especially in their own blog.

"I was hoping to read your comments on Somalia..."

Hope in one hand and take a dump in the other one, James.

See which one fills up first.

Your frivolity is yours and yours alone.

"BTW, did you hone your writing skills up there in those 'dadgum hills' or did you venture east, closer to the security of the Pine Barrens?"

He who gives up freedom in exchange for security will usually get neither, James.

Always remember that, my little knucklehead.

Now skedaddle!

I'm glad you appreciate my effort, but I really don't think it deserves a label of masterpiece.  I think I did do a yeoman job of rebutting one of your weaker than normal attempts at insulting me with gutter language, but no more.  There is more to address, but it's not really worth the trouble.  It would be nice, though, to know what freedom and security have to do with where you honed your writing skills.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by jimmy4164 on Mar 30, 2013

I'm glad you appreciate my effort, but I really don't think it deserves a label of masterpiece.  I think I did do a yeoman job of rebutting one of your weaker than normal attempts at insulting me with gutter language, but no more.  There is more to address, but it's not really worth the trouble.  It would be nice, though, to know what freedom and security have to do with where you honed your writing skills.

" It would be nice, though, to know what freedom and security have to do with where you honed your writing skills."

It was you who brought up security, jimmy, in your previous post:

I was simply responding to it.

Gotta run, see ya!

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story