N.J. man claims $338 million Powerball jackpot

Mar 26, 2013, 3:32 pm (167 comments)

Powerball

Includes video report

By Todd Northrop

LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. — The Passaic, New Jersey, man who won the $338 million Powerball lottery says he felt "pure joy" at winning the huge jackpot, but has no idea yet what he will do with all the money.

Dominican immigrant Pedro Quezada appeared at New Jersey lottery headquarters Tuesday to officially claim the prize with his wife, Ines. Both came in jeans.

Quezada was asked questions in Spanish and English and answered all the questions in Spanish, with a translator standing next to him.

The winning ticket was a Quick Pick, purchased together with a Jersey Cash 5 ticket. Quezada said he plays the lottery 2-3 times per week, sometimes choosing his own numbers and other times getting Quick Picks.

The former bodega owner-operator, who came to the United States from the city of Jarabacoa 26 years ago, said his mind is not clear enough yet to figure out how he will use the money.

Asked if he could think of any uses, he said he could use a good car. Asked what kind of car he has now, he said, "My feet."

Last night Quezada was "hiding" from the press in an undisclosed location, but celebrated the win with his brothers and his mother. He stowed the winning ticket in a safety deposit box overnight.

Quezada said he did not know in what form he would take his winnings, although he said he already has secured the services of a a financial planner. A lump-sum payment would be worth $221 million, or about $152 million after taxes, the fourth-largest jackpot in Powerball history.

He showed up late Monday at the liquor store in Passaic where he purchased the ticket to see if he had the winner. The ticket was validated at 4:17 p.m., giving him less than 24 hours to weigh his future as a multimillionaire before appearing at the news conference.

When he realized he had won, he said, "I felt pure joy, just happiness."

Up until last year, Quezada had worked 15-hour days for years at a bodega in his new hometown of Passaic, in northern New Jersey. His son now runs the small grocery.

He said his bodega days are over, and given all the money he won, he doesn't plan to let his son keep working there, either.

When she got the call from him Monday, his wife said: "I had no words... my heart wanted to come out of my chest."

She added, "I'm very happy that God has blessed up with this prize."

The largest Powerball jackpot ever came in at $587.5 million in November. Nebraska still holds the record for the largest Powerball jackpot won on a single ticket — $365 million — by eight workers at a Lincoln meatpacking plant in February 2006.

Powerball is played in 42 states, Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

News story photo(Click to display full-size in gallery)

RAW VIDEO: Watch the press conference

Note: We apologize for the poor audio quality throughout much of the video. It seems the NJ Lottery camera person was covering the microphone for some of the press conference, and they did not use an external microphone.

You can find other lottery videos on Lottery Post's YouTube page.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

Ronnie316

At least he wont be driving "his feet" anymore.

mcginnin56

Pure joy is a perfect description.  Dance

whiteballz's avatarwhiteballz

"Quezada said he did not know in what form he would take his winnings, although he said he already has secured the services of a financial planner."

Make sure his name is not Bernie Madoff.

Ronnie316

Thrifty is happy for the winner, and so is me also ...........

N.J. man claims $338 million Powerball jackpot

2 members gave this topic an average rating of 5 out of 5

Member Rating
Ronnie316 5 stars
THRIFTY 5 stars
dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

Congratulations once again Mr. Quezada, nice to read that he/family are in a undisclosed locationThumbs Up

"He stowed the winning ticket in a safety deposit box overnight" Thumbs UpGood job!

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Mar 26, 2013

Pure joy is a perfect description.  Dance

I would try to be a bit more surreal.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Glad to hear he's been a hard workin' man for many years.

Good luck to him.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Mar 26, 2013

I Agree!   Jester Laugh

mcginnin56

Thrifty is happy for the winner, and so is me also ...........

N.J. man claims $338 million Powerball jackpot

2 members gave this topic an average rating of 5 out of 5

Member Rating
Ronnie316 5 stars
THRIFTY 5 stars

THRIFTY let's his stars do all the talking. Star

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Mar 26, 2013

THRIFTY let's his stars do all the talking. Star

Thrifty's Positive Energy Flow System is still hard at work on bringing home a jackpot.

Ronnie316

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Mar 26, 2013

"Quezada said he did not know in what form he would take his winnings, although he said he already has secured the services of a financial planner."

Make sure his name is not Bernie Madoff.

Getting himself a financial planner is a GOOD start. By the way l don't think God had anything to do with winning the jackpot. Common sense dictates that if that were so, sickness & death would be a thing of the past as well.
It was the : " QP's"...you gotta love them.Oogle

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Mar 26, 2013

Getting himself a financial planner is a GOOD start. By the way l don't think God had anything to do with winning the jackpot. Common sense dictates that if that were so, sickness & death would be a thing of the past as well.
It was the : " QP's"...you gotta love them.Oogle

She thinks God had something to do with it, and she doesn't care what you think about it in CA.

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

It was a quickpick! I am glad because I play my numbers and sometimes quickpicks and sometimes both. There is no proven formula other than buying a ticket. Yet...

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by maringoman on Mar 26, 2013

It was a quickpick! I am glad because I play my numbers and sometimes quickpicks and sometimes both. There is no proven formula other than buying a ticket. Yet...

I Agree! I dont limit myself to one or the other, and neither did Pedro.

Ronnie316

ashabug725's avatarashabug725

At least he wont be driving "his feet" anymore.

If gas prices keep going up ill be "Flinstoning" it too... Until I win the Lottery that is :)

I Agree! I dont limit myself to one or the other, and neither did Pedro.

Yessir!

sandia's avatarsandia

I am so happy for the man. Oh so happy!!!!!!!!!

I do have a quick question for my friendly LP members. The other day, when we were reading the win in the news, my acquintance posed a question my way. He is from Italy originally but, he got posted to the states here. He is wondering whether, being now a resident of the States (10 years), he can play the Euromillions online. I don't think so, I told him but, I did tell him that will find out from the horses' mouths.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Quote: Originally posted by sandia on Mar 26, 2013

I am so happy for the man. Oh so happy!!!!!!!!!

I do have a quick question for my friendly LP members. The other day, when we were reading the win in the news, my acquintance posed a question my way. He is from Italy originally but, he got posted to the states here. He is wondering whether, being now a resident of the States (10 years), he can play the Euromillions online. I don't think so, I told him but, I did tell him that will find out from the horses' mouths.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

On the front page of www.usamega.com which is a sister website of LotteryPost there is a link to play Euro Millions. I used it once to play Euro Millions but was discouraged when my bank statement showed that the payment was to a company in Tel Aviv. Tel Aviv is in Israel and Euro Millions is not played there so I can't trust it.

JoshUK

On the front page of www.usamega.com which is a sister website of LotteryPost there is a link to play Euro Millions. I used it once to play Euro Millions but was discouraged when my bank statement showed that the payment was to a company in Tel Aviv. Tel Aviv is in Israel and Euro Millions is not played there so I can't trust it.

I would never play a lottery from a 3rd party site, just too risky.

Quote: Originally posted by JoshUK on Mar 26, 2013

Yeah that was a dumb thing to do.

helpmewin's avatarhelpmewin

Congrats Pedro Quezada & Inez Sanchez  be Safe, have FUN & spend wisely.

Patrioti think you be alright

thanks ronnie this is a BIG Deal Dance

wonder if they are or ever have been members of the Lottery postWhat?

he Looks super Happy Big Grin

BEZ22's avatarBEZ22

He sure does.. I don't blame him..congratulations Pedero God Bless!

noise-gate

Yeah that was a dumb thing to do.

If l cannot see the lottery machine, l do not hand over my cash.Some folk buy a car online, l can never for the life of me understand that. I need to look that thing over, run my hands over her lines, pop the hood- not on a computer monitor, l need to test drive that puppy FIRST.
Seeing is believing.

I am a 2 liner most of the time. One self pick and one quickpick.

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Mar 26, 2013

If l cannot see the lottery machine, l do not hand over my cash.Some folk buy a car online, l can never for the life of me understand that. I need to look that thing over, run my hands over her lines, pop the hood- not on a computer monitor, l need to test drive that puppy FIRST.
Seeing is believing.

That's the first thing i would do if i won the Lottery is buy my car online i been building my car for a year @ BMW

i can't decide if i want Metallic or No Metallic.

anyways when i do get it i am having it Delivered right to my house i think it will be fine!Hurray!

Saylorgirl's avatarSaylorgirl

I wish him and his family a long and happy life.  I too am a switch hitter!!

I am a 2 liner most of the time. One self pick and one quickpick.

oh i see your talking about the Lottery Green laugh

hotslot3

Quote: Originally posted by Saylorgirl on Mar 26, 2013

I wish him and his family a long and happy life.  I too am a switch hitter!!

Same here! I go both ways. Big Grin Pedro is in the money, oh yeah! Now you can afford to spend some time learning ENGLISH!! Patriot

I seem to remember some LP members using a 3rd party site to buy El Gordo raffle tickets back in December. I wonder how that turned out for them.

JoshUK

I seem to remember some LP members using a 3rd party site to buy El Gordo raffle tickets back in December. I wonder how that turned out for them.

Crazy, I don't really have a interest in any other lotteries really. Don't really play often to care, I would like to play the Powerball if it was at a crazy jackpot again. That would be fun, I guess when it gets like that everyone has lottery fever.

sully16's avatarsully16

He looks like a real sweet guy, I am sure he'll help as many as possible, hope he gets good financial advice.

Artist77's avatarArtist77

I wish him well. I think he claimed it very quickly and hope he gets things in order.

Are those people behind him body guards?

So you would say it feels like time is melting?

mightwin's avatarmightwin

Yeah sometimes I feel quick/easy picks are way off but I still play them and self picks. You can't predict the future.

hotslot3

Quote: Originally posted by mightwin on Mar 26, 2013

Yeah sometimes I feel quick/easy picks are way off but I still play them and self picks. You can't predict the future.

My mother used to be able to predict the future...when I brought my report card home from school she would predict what my father would do when he got home! 

Hit With Stick

haymaker's avatarhaymaker

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Mar 26, 2013

So you would say it feels like time is melting?

Dali ?

at About the age of 12, I said to my sister, also an artist, " this guy draws dead clocks"

44 years later she still thinks it't funny.

Romancandle's avatarRomancandle

Dead clocks...LOL

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Mar 26, 2013

Are those people behind him body guards?

I think so. I saw the same guy behind him in a couple pictures in different places.

Factorem's avatarFactorem

Quote: Originally posted by hotslot3 on Mar 26, 2013

My mother used to be able to predict the future...when I brought my report card home from school she would predict what my father would do when he got home! 

Hit With Stick

Now that you look back, would you say that the spanking helped made sure that you learned what you you were supposed to have learned in school, got better upgraded results and avoided future  un-welcomed, un-pleasant encounter with the cane, at the end of the next school term.

hotslot3

Quote: Originally posted by Factorem on Mar 27, 2013

Now that you look back, would you say that the spanking helped made sure that you learned what you you were supposed to have learned in school, got better upgraded results and avoided future  un-welcomed, un-pleasant encounter with the cane, at the end of the next school term.

When warranted and needed I would receive discipline, as most kids would back in those days. These days kids are way too spoiled and tend to get away with whatever they want. It's different times now.

ShowMeTheMoney$'s avatarShowMeTheMoney$

Can't wait until Powerball comes to California.  It will be soon.  April 8th is just around the corner.  Maybe with the additional players, the jackpots will get this huge (or even bigger) more regularly.  It's kind of exciting.  DanceHyperBananaSun SmileyDance

mcginnin56

QP's rule the day.

The best system out there, just ask Pay-Dro.  Dance

Saylorgirl's avatarSaylorgirl

Did they say how many quick picks he had bought for the drawing??  It would be amazing if it was just one!

Quote: Originally posted by Saylorgirl on Mar 27, 2013

Did they say how many quick picks he had bought for the drawing??  It would be amazing if it was just one!

if it was only one ticket that won Pedro Quezada the jackpot, I'm sure we would never hear the end of it from a certain Lottery Post member.

Todd's avatarTodd

I updated the news story and inserted video of the press conference from yesterday.  I would have done it yesterday, except YouTube was choking on the file, and the upload didn't work until this morning.

Unfortunately, the sound is extremely poor quality, because I think the camera person had their hand covering the microphone for some of the time.  Also, the NJ Lottery did not externally mic the camera, so the sound picked up was whatever they could hear at the camera -- not at the podium.  So crank your volume up and you'll hear most of it.

In either case, it's always fun to watch press conferences in full (not edited), at least in my opinion.

pickone4me's avatarpickone4me

Nothing but a jibberish fest for almost 30 minutes....Learn the main language of the country you're in!

fast forward to 5 min and 17 seconds in to the video. That's what it would be like if you won a jackpot and had to face the media. I've never seen so many cameras in my life.

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Mar 27, 2013

fast forward to 5 min and 17 seconds in to the video. That's what it would be like if you won a jackpot and had to face the media. I've never seen so many cameras in my life.

Count me out on that! I wouldn't have much of anything to say.  But anyways I think I will go back to playing the state lottery....Would be nice if wisconsin passed something where a person could remain anonymous for the big national jackpot games though.

JoshUK

Quote: Originally posted by pickone4me on Mar 27, 2013

Nothing but a jibberish fest for almost 30 minutes....Learn the main language of the country you're in!

That kind of annoys me, the shop I sometimes go in to buy my quick picks for the Euromillions the clerks don't speak English and only know a few words and they all speak to each other in a different language in front of you. I find it rude, I try to avoid the shop most of the time.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by JoshUK on Mar 27, 2013

That kind of annoys me, the shop I sometimes go in to buy my quick picks for the Euromillions the clerks don't speak English and only know a few words and they all speak to each other in a different language in front of you. I find it rude, I try to avoid the shop most of the time.

I Agree! I avoid them here too. Even if there is omly one of them.

I thought you buy your tickets online.

JoshUK

I thought you buy your tickets online.

I do, but if I am out I just grab a few. One of the reasons I started to buy them online. Or if I won't be home in time before the draw closes. Plus I always have a feeling the store is luckier haha.

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

intersting, the flag  in the background wwith the gold trim. That gold trim  signifies the area is under US military rule. interesting. just like the stock exchange.

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Mar 27, 2013

intersting, the flag  in the background wwith the gold trim. That gold trim  signifies the area is under US military rule. interesting. just like the stock exchange.

Good catch,  military rule isn't a good thing either.

Todd's avatarTodd

HUH?!  That's the New Jersey state flag.  It has nothing to do with any military rule.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by Todd on Mar 27, 2013

HUH?!  That's the New Jersey state flag.  It has nothing to do with any military rule.

He is talking about the US flag with the gold trim.

President, Dwight David Eisenhower, by Executive Order No.10834, signed on August 21, 1959 and printed in the Federal Register at 24 F.R. 6865, pursuant to law, stated that: "A military flag is a flag that resembles the regular flag of the United States, except that it has a yellow fringe border on three sides."

Todd's avatarTodd

He is talking about the US flag with the gold trim.

President, Dwight David Eisenhower, by Executive Order No.10834, signed on August 21, 1959 and printed in the Federal Register at 24 F.R. 6865, pursuant to law, stated that: "A military flag is a flag that resembles the regular flag of the United States, except that it has a yellow fringe border on three sides."

OK, understood.  I think 0.00001% of the people in this country would even know about that.  You'd probably find gold trim on many flags displayed like that, as it looks decorative.  Lots of schools have them on display -- I don't think most schools are under military control.

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

I updated the news story and inserted video of the press conference from yesterday.  I would have done it yesterday, except YouTube was choking on the file, and the upload didn't work until this morning.

Unfortunately, the sound is extremely poor quality, because I think the camera person had their hand covering the microphone for some of the time.  Also, the NJ Lottery did not externally mic the camera, so the sound picked up was whatever they could hear at the camera -- not at the podium.  So crank your volume up and you'll hear most of it.

In either case, it's always fun to watch press conferences in full (not edited), at least in my opinion.

I called THE NEW JERSEY LOTTERY at 609-599-5800 and pressed 1 to speak with the operator. I was very polite with her, and she told me that he bought one selection. I said, you mean a $2 quick pick ticket and she said yes. I said wow and thanked the lady. I also told her that I wanted to know because it was not stated on the news stories or the videos.

I called the 609-599-5800 and pressed 1 for the second time. The operator put someone from the New Jersey lottery name Ms. Myrian, I did not ask her to spell her name. My understanding is that it is spelled that way. She confirmed that pedro quezada bought two tickets, a $2 powerball quick pick ticket(the winning ticket) and a $1 quick pick jersey cash five ticket. I asked her if I can get an image of the winning ticket and she said " Does it really matter?" . "We put our winners though a verification procedure and I am sure that the winning ticket was a $2 powerball quick pick ticket." She told me to keep on playing and that she hope that I win a jackpot too. I told her that I believe her, but seeing is believing. I thanked her and I told her that i was happy for the winner pedro quezada.

OK, understood.  I think 0.00001% of the people in this country would even know about that.  You'd probably find gold trim on many flags displayed like that, as it looks decorative.  Lots of schools have them on display -- I don't think most schools are under military control.

the illuminati like to flaunt their symbols in plain sight. Banana

Quote: Originally posted by THRIFTY on Mar 27, 2013

I called THE NEW JERSEY LOTTERY at 609-599-5800 and pressed 1 to speak with the operator. I was very polite with her, and she told me that he bought one selection. I said, you mean a $2 quick pick ticket and she said yes. I said wow and thanked the lady. I also told her that I wanted to know because it was not stated on the news stories or the videos.

I called the 609-599-5800 and pressed 1 for the second time. The operator put someone from the New Jersey lottery name Ms. Myrian, I did not ask her to spell her name. My understanding is that it is spelled that way. She confirmed that pedro quezada bought two tickets, a $2 powerball quick pick ticket(the winning ticket) and a $1 quick pick jersey cash five ticket. I asked her if I can get an image of the winning ticket and she said " Does it really matter?" . "We put our winners though a verification procedure and I am sure that the winning ticket was a $2 powerball quick pick ticket." She told me to keep on playing and that she hope that I win a jackpot too. I told her that I believe her, but seeing is believing. I thanked her and I told her that i was happy for the winner pedro quezada.

so let me get this straight.....are you trying to tell us that a jackpot can be won by buying only one ticket?

no i meant this one

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

so let me get this straight.....are you trying to tell us that a jackpot can be won by buying only one ticket?

You do not have to break the bank to win a lottery jackpot.

You do not have to break the bank to win a lottery jackpot.

I Agree!

a dollar and a dream, well in this case three bucks, and a win.

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

a dollar and a dream, well in this case three bucks, and a win.

He spent $2 on the powerball quick pick ticket. You mean $2 and a dream. Lol

He spent $2 on the powerball quick pick ticket. You mean $2 and a dream. Lol

quoted form your ph. conversation,.

a $2 powerball quick pick ticket(the winning ticket) and a $1 quick pick jersey cash five ticket.

im sure he dreamed of wining either.

oh and yeah thanks for the ph call transcript, nice to know it was a QP.

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

quoted form your ph. conversation,.

a $2 powerball quick pick ticket(the winning ticket) and a $1 quick pick jersey cash five ticket.

im sure he dreamed of wining either.

oh and yeah thanks for the ph call transcript, nice to know it was a QP.

Winning the lottery is a mind game.

Original Bey's avatarOriginal Bey

Nice to have you back Thrifty (posting that is)!

Kudos to the N.J lottery headquarters for the high level of professionalism, quality service and kind gesture on the part of the second lady in wishing you good luck for a hopeful win someday.

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

Quote: Originally posted by Original Bey on Mar 27, 2013

Nice to have you back Thrifty (posting that is)!

Kudos to the N.J lottery headquarters for the high level of professionalism, quality service and kind gesture on the part of the second lady in wishing you good luck for a hopeful win someday.

The New Jersey lottery is a great organization with professional individuals. It was a pleasure talking to them on the phone. I felt like VIP. Lol

The New Jersey lottery is a great organization with professional individuals. It was a pleasure talking to them on the phone. I felt like VIP. Lol

I was wondering if you gave her your LP username and then she asked, "Are you THE Thrifty?" Lol!

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

Quote: Originally posted by Original Bey on Mar 27, 2013

I was wondering if you gave her your LP username and then she asked, "Are you THE Thrifty?" Lol!

She will know my username now. Lol

Thanks for the info Thrifty, glad to see you back posting againThumbs Up

With the exception of MOST of the 28 NATO countries, The State of Israel, and the two Down Under Countries, virtually all of the rest and balance of the World are constantly, under US. Military surveillance and Threat;  At least for Now.

Thanks ToddThumbs Up

Yes.

It is so this time

It's been so many times in the past

Even 1,2,3,4,5   and PB of 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 can win. The mathematics of probability says so, but the laws of faith says no, simply because most who ever play 1,2,3,4,5 do not believe in them enough. But again anything is possible. So I Think!.

Wow, they sure go all out in NJ don't they when i seen all them Cameras Eek 

i made up my mind when i win i'm mailing my ticket in i don't want all that attention & questions oh my.

Thanks for the update

Ronnie316

Yes.

It is so this time

Even 1,2,3,4,5   and PB of 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 can win. The mathematics of probability says so, but the laws of faith says no, simply because most who ever play 1,2,3,4,5 do not believe in them enough. But again anything is possible. So I Think!.

Sounds like you use Thriftys Positive Energy Flow System?

Ronnie316

Pedro says: "I'm going to help a lot of people, whatever they need,"

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Mar 27, 2013

Sounds like you use Thriftys Positive Energy Flow System?

Thanks Ronnie.

Ronnie316

YW, it is the most useful tool in the tool box. Yes Nod

billionaire2bee

Yeah they only draw 6 numbers...you just got to buy the one ticket that has all 6...on the same line

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Mar 27, 2013

i made up my mind when i win i'm mailing my ticket in i don't want all that attention & questions oh my.

Thanks for the update

Now Why would you wanna take the risk, of handing over a winning ticket to a carrier.

In General the mail system are very good, USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, Ryder, etc, but there is always that one risky chance that something might get caught in the conveyor belt at the sorting plant.

Having said that, your mail will get to its destination to the extents of the strengths of your belief and to such extents that are strong, nothing will happen to it.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by billionaire2bee on Mar 27, 2013

Yeah they only draw 6 numbers...you just got to buy the one ticket that has all 6...on the same line

I Agree! But I prefer doubling my chances by buying 2 tickets, or 4, or 8, or 16........ You know.

Thanks for the update

U r crazy girl!!!! No way I'd trust a little envelope keeping millions of dollars on a piece of paper safe... I'd barely trust myself with the dang thing!!! Lol

hotslot3

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Mar 27, 2013

QP's rule the day.

The best system out there, just ask Pay-Dro.  Dance

QP's are really the only way to go IMO. You can't predict random. I've tried wheeling and using various hot/cold/overdue strategies. It never made one bit of difference or helped me get more than 3 numbers out of 6.

I've been playing for years and most I've ever gotten was 4 out of 6 ONCE on a QP. I can't imagine what it must be like to match all 6 numbers. Like finding the holy grail or something. I would seriously be Eek If I ever did.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by hotslot3 on Mar 27, 2013

QP's are really the only way to go IMO. You can't predict random. I've tried wheeling and using various hot/cold/overdue strategies. It never made one bit of difference or helped me get more than 3 numbers out of 6.

I've been playing for years and most I've ever gotten was 4 out of 6 ONCE on a QP. I can't imagine what it must be like to match all 6 numbers. Like finding the holy grail or something. I would seriously be Eek If I ever did.

Sooner or later all the system people, programmers and lottery analysts, will understand this simple and undeniable truth.  Conehead  Hat  Troll

Until that day comes, the QP's will continue raking in the mega jackpots. Dance

hotslot3

Sooner or later all the system people, programmers and lottery analysts, will understand this simple and undeniable truth.  Conehead  Hat  Troll

The truth shall set you freeee!  Big Grin Angel  Free from wasting time using any so called 'system' and having to fill out those useless slips.

mcginnin56

The truth shall set you freeee!  Big Grin Angel  Free from wasting time using any so called 'system' and having to fill out those useless slips.

Jester Laugh  How very right you are my friend!

Slips are for saps.

Systems are for slugs.

QP's are for winners!!!   Dance

hotslot3

Jester Laugh  How very right you are my friend!

Slips are for saps.

Systems are for slugs.

QP's are for winners!!!   Dance

Very true mcginnin! 

I haven't won anything big yet... but I hope to one day! 

ps: Congrats on your $200k win from '07 friend!!

Thumbs Up

JoshUK

Yea, slips suck. It's not so bad doing it online but when you go to the store and do it you have to go stand there like a fool and fill out little boxes.

Quick picks all the way.

hotslot3

Yea, slips suck. It's not so bad doing it online but when you go to the store and do it you have to go stand there like a fool and fill out little boxes.

Quick picks all the way.

LOL Agreed Josh! Years ago when I first started playing I would pick my own using one of my "strategies" and fill out the playslips at home and bring them to the store to play. I stopped doing it because I found that there is no "strategy" that works. QP's are just as good if not better and it saves you time when buying your tickets. Less face time with the cashier buying tickets the better. I have gotten the "stink eye" on more than one occasion when buying tickets. Angry 

They have self-service machines where I can buy my own tickets now! It makes a world of difference to be able to purchase tickets myself without some Jack#$% creep behind the counter handing them to you.

Yes Nod

noise-gate

QP have always been the answer- some folk who do win say they used the kids birthdays,  their anniversary,  parents wedding day and so on & so forth.Thing is, how many people who do that win?its probably 1-175 mil. In any event that kind of " system" is no match for QP's.
See Ya!

hotslot3

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Mar 27, 2013

QP have always been the answer- some folk who do win say they used the kids birthdays,  their anniversary,  parents wedding day and so on & so forth.Thing is, how many people who do that win?its probably 1-175 mil. In any event that kind of " system" is no match for QP's.
See Ya!

Sounds like a general consensus, QP's rule!  If I ever win the jackpot, I know it will be with a QP.

Approve

Ronnie316

Sounds like a general consensus, QP's rule!  If I ever win the jackpot, I know it will be with a QP.

Approve

If that's the only thing you buy, how could it be anything else?

Ronnie316

See Ya!

Thumbs Down

Ronnie316

LOL Agreed Josh! Years ago when I first started playing I would pick my own using one of my "strategies" and fill out the playslips at home and bring them to the store to play. I stopped doing it because I found that there is no "strategy" that works. QP's are just as good if not better and it saves you time when buying your tickets. Less face time with the cashier buying tickets the better. I have gotten the "stink eye" on more than one occasion when buying tickets. Angry 

They have self-service machines where I can buy my own tickets now! It makes a world of difference to be able to purchase tickets myself without some Jack#$% creep behind the counter handing them to you.

Yes Nod

Ronnie316

IMA Play D Wheel 2 B D Big JP Winner.Razz

Ronnie316

Wink

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

Winning the lottery is a mind game.

May it soon switch to a "brain game" then. Idea

Pedro says: "I'm going to help a lot of people, whatever they need,"

I often have trouble down-ranking my wants from my needs. Disney Poke

mcginnin56

Very true mcginnin! 

I haven't won anything big yet... but I hope to one day! 

ps: Congrats on your $200k win from '07 friend!!

Thumbs Up

Thank you hotslot3, hoping your big payday will be coming soon to a lottery store near you!  Hyper

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

Approve

Thank you hotlot:

U and UR consensus has just proved PSYKO is CRAZY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U stated QP's rule! "If I ever win the jackpot, I know it will be with a QP" .....(psyko hope U win anyway)!!!

BUT, times have CHANGED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>in the last 5-years>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES, only 5 year's ago, Psyko gave UP<<<<<<<on trying 2 educate my LP friend's on Quick Picks!!!!

BACK in D good ole DAY'$$$$$$$$$$>>>>>>>when QP's were not COOL on D>>>>Lottery Post !!!

Psyko was try'nnnnnnn 2 tell YOU & YOU & YOU how. GOOD>>QP'$$$$$$>>RRRRR GOOD$$$$$$!

THING'$$$$$$$ were so good 4 this CRAZY>>>>>CRAZY>>>>>>>>psyko that I punched in and kept stat

on locations with the LONGEST lines when>>>>>>jackpots were>>high-higher-highest>>then use GPS>2

drive by D locations 2 find the HIGH volume>>>>>CROWD FRENZY>high-higher-highest>>LOCATION>>>>

then, when I had the data I wanted 4 that>>>>>JACKPOT>>>>>+++++some other stat's QUICKTRIX!!!!!

PSYKO would>>>>>> (lay as much money as I could afford 2 lose)+++++++++++++++++ QUICKPICK'$$

(that is sum of D>>>>> story about the PSYKO>>>>>>DAY'$$$ of GLORY)+++++++++++++++++++ QUICKTRIX!!!!!!!

"YES" the term QUICKTRIX was D word Psyko (c) coined on Lottery Post!!

PSYKO wanted LP member's 2 play QP's so BAD but, QUICK PICK'$$$$$$

"NEVER" caught on "BACK"<<DEN>>what's going on bout "QP"NOW?????

PartyDancePartyDancePartyDanceParty(give me chance)

WIN<LOSS>DRAW.....................................Dance........................GO 2 DO U KEEP SCORE POLL.........VOTE>

mcginnin56

Best of luck to ya old chum, may the system be with you.  Patriot

faber98

Yes Nod

can't resist chiming in. so you want to rely on that (let's call him patel) cashier behind the counter to make your quick pic for you. yes, it's the millesecond that he decides when to press the button that determines your numbers. he may be swatting a fly the second after you ask for a quic pic which change your numbers. maybe from a loser to winner or vice versa. incidentally how did that dominican ask for a quic pic if he can't speak english? the machine only prints the ticket. it's when it's pressed that determines your numbers. i will continue to fill out slips rather than rely on some teenage clerk or foreigner to pick my combos. hope it gives you 2,4,6,8,10-12 every time. not that those couldn't win, but i don't want that or any other rhythmatic combo that is heavily played.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by psykomo on Mar 27, 2013

Thank you hotlot:

U and UR consensus has just proved PSYKO is CRAZY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U stated QP's rule! "If I ever win the jackpot, I know it will be with a QP" .....(psyko hope U win anyway)!!!

BUT, times have CHANGED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>in the last 5-years>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES, only 5 year's ago, Psyko gave UP<<<<<<<on trying 2 educate my LP friend's on Quick Picks!!!!

BACK in D good ole DAY'$$$$$$$$$$>>>>>>>when QP's were not COOL on D>>>>Lottery Post !!!

Psyko was try'nnnnnnn 2 tell YOU & YOU & YOU how. GOOD>>QP'$$$$$$>>RRRRR GOOD$$$$$$!

THING'$$$$$$$ were so good 4 this CRAZY>>>>>CRAZY>>>>>>>>psyko that I punched in and kept stat

on locations with the LONGEST lines when>>>>>>jackpots were>>high-higher-highest>>then use GPS>2

drive by D locations 2 find the HIGH volume>>>>>CROWD FRENZY>high-higher-highest>>LOCATION>>>>

then, when I had the data I wanted 4 that>>>>>JACKPOT>>>>>+++++some other stat's QUICKTRIX!!!!!

PSYKO would>>>>>> (lay as much money as I could afford 2 lose)+++++++++++++++++ QUICKPICK'$$

(that is sum of D>>>>> story about the PSYKO>>>>>>DAY'$$$ of GLORY)+++++++++++++++++++ QUICKTRIX!!!!!!!

WIN<LOSS>DRAW.....................................Dance........................GO 2 DO U KEEP SCORE POLL.........VOTE>

Don't give up the good fight psykomo.  Boxing

People everywhere, in every land must, understand the power and awesomeness of the mighty QP.  Dance

I distribute leaflets, talk to all strangers who will listen and spread the good word online whenever possible.  Cussing Face   Type

noise-gate

QP's have won the lion's share of lottery jackpots. Its been proven.
Party

JoshUK

Quote: Originally posted by faber98 on Mar 27, 2013

can't resist chiming in. so you want to rely on that (let's call him patel) cashier behind the counter to make your quick pic for you. yes, it's the millesecond that he decides when to press the button that determines your numbers. he may be swatting a fly the second after you ask for a quic pic which change your numbers. maybe from a loser to winner or vice versa. incidentally how did that dominican ask for a quic pic if he can't speak english? the machine only prints the ticket. it's when it's pressed that determines your numbers. i will continue to fill out slips rather than rely on some teenage clerk or foreigner to pick my combos. hope it gives you 2,4,6,8,10-12 every time. not that those couldn't win, but i don't want that or any other rhythmatic combo that is heavily played.

What is stopping you from arriving at the Lottery place 10 minutes later than normal and having a different mindset while picking the numbers, in other words I use quick picks because I have to use the hand I have been given.

mcginnin56

Party

Continue spreading the good word friend, the gospel of QP must be heard by all!   Blue Angel

faber98

Party

maybe they have because 80% of the tickets sold are quic pics. look, quic pics can win just as easy as your own pics. those of you who don't want verbal interaction with the clerks (yes they can spit on you if you choose verbal communication) can avoid that by filling out slips. how many times have you gotten the wrong game quic picked for you because the clerk screwed it up or you didn't ask correctly or were misunderstood. incidentally the dominican probably bought his at a spanish store so that explains how he was able to get it. say goodbye to that money as it is going back to that island to be spent there.

Quote: Originally posted by faber98 on Mar 27, 2013

maybe they have because 80% of the tickets sold are quic pics. look, quic pics can win just as easy as your own pics. those of you who don't want verbal interaction with the clerks (yes they can spit on you if you choose verbal communication) can avoid that by filling out slips. how many times have you gotten the wrong game quic picked for you because the clerk screwed it up or you didn't ask correctly or were misunderstood. incidentally the dominican probably bought his at a spanish store so that explains how he was able to get it. say goodbye to that money as it is going back to that island to be spent there.

Yea I agree. I would like to know the real percentage comparison of QP wins vs picking your own numbers. Maybe the 20 % who pick their own numbers win more.

hotslot3

I might throw in a self-pick...but not often.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Mar 27, 2013

Yea I agree. I would like to know the real percentage comparison of QP wins vs picking your own numbers. Maybe the 20 % who pick their own numbers win more.

Donald played both and won with self pick. Pedro played both and won with QP.

I Agree!  i play Both PartyWINNERSParty

hotslot3

Thank you hotslot3, hoping your big payday will be coming soon to a lottery store near you!  Hyper

Thanks mcginnin!  Same to you!

Cheers

I thought he just had a qp?

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by ashabug725 on Mar 27, 2013

I thought he just had a qp?

He most certainly did, and it was one dozzie of a QP!  Dance

He most certainly did, and it was one dozzie of a QP!  Dance

Ya ain't lyin!!!! I'm waiting for my doozie of a sp ;-) well... Any pick.will do for me really!!!

mcginnin56

Ya ain't lyin!!!! I'm waiting for my doozie of a sp ;-) well... Any pick.will do for me really!!!

I Agree!

hotslot3

Hope it comes to you soon ashabug!

Party

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

no i meant this one

savage>>>>>>>:

We need a POLE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(1) thank NJ >>>4 own'g a FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!many year'ss!!!!!!!!!!prove ur SELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOW!

(2) He>She>It>>DID>>It a FLAG>>>>"GREATEST in WORLD"s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TODAY!!

(3) thank NJ >>>U procdused  >>>>>>"GREASTEst">>>>>>FLAG in>>>>2 free AMERICA>UR>HISTORY!!!!

($) BE>>>>>>>THANKFUL   >>>>> "GREATEST">>>>>FLAG who WON>>>AMERICAN FREEDOM!!!

NOW:

U can vote on "any" LP pole>U>want!

PartyHurray! "GOD">>>>>Bless>>TODD>>Puke

U r crazy girl!!!! No way I'd trust a little envelope keeping millions of dollars on a piece of paper safe... I'd barely trust myself with the dang thing!!! Lol

i have never won millions but i have won plenty & have mailed many Winning Tickets in the mail even out of State with no trouble at all Yes Nod

I Agree!

Thumbs Up

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

Thank you hotlot:

KAN:

can U improve UR account w/QP?????

>> :

Psyko not tonk'n bout D>ONE/winner

Jack-in-the-Box

Hope it comes to you soon ashabug!

Party

Aw! Thanks :) I hit two numbers tonight... And while its no money, its still exciting to have some cooperation from the lotto.Gods ;-)

i have never won millions but i have won plenty & have mailed many Winning Tickets in the mail even out of State with no trouble at all Yes Nod

I guess I'd b too paranoid having such a little piece of paper being so valuable in the hands of another... Awesome that u have had luck with some winnings tho... And that u have never had issues with mailing them in!!!! My luck right now (maybe why I haven't won) , something would happen... I'd b sick... So therefore... It's like a game of golf... I'll only have myself to blame!

no i meant this one

Patriot

there it is ronnie the winning machine.Yes Nod

Wow, JoshUK, your Country's EuroMillions Lottery is up to approximately 167.1M Pounds (lump sum, no taxes to legal resident, if in UK)!!!

Thus, if a solo person legal resident (in one of EuroMillions participating, mostly non-taxed countries) was the possessor of that winning ticket, it would be a jackpot win WAY BIGGER than this Pedro's Powerball win!  Wow, what a month that would make March for TWO massive lottery jackpot wins to essentially a solo recipient!

Lep

Quote: Originally posted by HaveABall on Mar 28, 2013

Wow, JoshUK, your Country's EuroMillions Lottery is up to approximately 167.1M Pounds (lump sum, no taxes to legal resident, if in UK)!!!

Thus, if a solo person legal resident (in one of EuroMillions participating, mostly non-taxed countries) was the possessor of that winning ticket, it would be a jackpot win WAY BIGGER than this Pedro's Powerball win!  Wow, what a month that would make March for TWO massive lottery jackpot wins to essentially a solo recipient!

Lep

The EuroMillions jackpot is 167.1 US dollars.

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Mar 28, 2013

167.1 M pounds is only $ 167.1??? Or would it be 167,100,000?

Quote: Originally posted by ashabug725 on Mar 28, 2013

167.1 M pounds is only $ 167.1??? Or would it be 167,100,000?

Pedro Quezada owes about $29,000 in child support. "The unpaid child support payments go back to 2009."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/28/3311087/njs-powerball-winner-owes-29k.html

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/28/3311087/njs-powerball-winner-owes-29k.html#storylink=c
TylerD67

Pedro Quezada owes about $29,000 in child support. "The unpaid child support payments go back to 2009."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/28/3311087/njs-powerball-winner-owes-29k.html

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/28/3311087/njs-powerball-winner-owes-29k.html#storylink=c

Man Pedro is messing up big time, he just found out he won on Monday by Thursday the local papers are interviewing his ex from Domincan Republic and talking and have pieced together his whole life.   Pedro is going to be hounded by a lot of people for his money.

I need a DRINKCheers Once again I am so confusedWhat?, ok so I thought he was married so he must have had children before the marriages to his wife.

well i'm glad she will finally get what is owed to her and the childrenThumbs Up

i see the money slimming down as we speak Guitar

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Mar 28, 2013

i see the money slimming down as we speak Guitar

in 5 years, that money is going to be slimmer than Kate Moss.

Lol! That's mighty SLIM.

I don't know if any of you have ever been to Santo Domingo, but omg, I have never been so hassled in my life to buy stuff and give money to hustlers. The tour guide was in on it as well taking me to all of his cohorts who sold souvenirs. If I didn't start cursing him in Spanish, English and French, the souvenir shops would have been all I saw of the city!

If Pay DRO steps off the plane in his hometown any time in this century they will EAT HIM FOR LUNCH.

money don't last long now daysDance

fwlawrence's avatarfwlawrence

Now Why would you wanna take the risk, of handing over a winning ticket to a carrier.

In General the mail system are very good, USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, Ryder, etc, but there is always that one risky chance that something might get caught in the conveyor belt at the sorting plant.

Having said that, your mail will get to its destination to the extents of the strengths of your belief and to such extents that are strong, nothing will happen to it.

When I worked at the Post Office, I saw letters get ground down to powder by the bar code sorter!

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by fwlawrence on Mar 28, 2013

When I worked at the Post Office, I saw letters get ground down to powder by the bar code sorter!

Sad  That could have been my $500 million winning lottery ticket. 

I no like USPS anymore.  Let It All Out

Quote: Originally posted by TylerD67 on Mar 28, 2013

Man Pedro is messing up big time, he just found out he won on Monday by Thursday the local papers are interviewing his ex from Domincan Republic and talking and have pieced together his whole life.   Pedro is going to be hounded by a lot of people for his money.

This is starting to sound like a Jerry Springer episode back child support/baby momma drama.

JoshUK

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Mar 28, 2013

This is starting to sound like a Jerry Springer episode back child support/baby momma drama.

Pedro needs to go into hiding.

mightwin's avatarmightwin

Some people just don't know any better.........

This story validates that even if every state provides the option of anonymity there will always be those who want their 15 minutes of fame. Think about it, people who didn't even actually win (Mirlande) went public with attorrney in tow.

I hope the trend we're witnessing continues.

TMONEY312

And it just came.out he owes 29k in child support lol

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

I'm sure that far more people know what the fringe is for, except that they're wrong. The claims about the fringe making it a military flag is just an urban legend, but unlike most urban legends this one is mostly promoted by genuine lunatics. The web is full of nearly identical stories making paranoid claims about  jurisdiction (or lack thereof) and fringed flags.

The executive order that savage goose mentions is real, but it doesn't say the things suggested. I'm guessing that a lot of people here can figure out a rational reason that an executive order about the design of the US flag would have been issued in 1959. The actual text is readily available if anyone wants to actually read it.

golfer1960's avatargolfer1960

KAN:

can U improve UR account w/QP?????

>> :

Psyko not tonk'n bout D>ONE/winner

Jack-in-the-Box

You're right Psyko! I like and play the QP's too but I haven't won anything yet. Sad

Quote: Originally posted by JoshUK on Mar 28, 2013

Pedro needs to go into hiding.

that would have been the best thing to do but i think it is to late for that LOL

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Mar 29, 2013

You're right Psyko! I like and play the QP's too but I haven't won anything yet. Sad

i also agree i play both Smiley Good Luck

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Mar 28, 2013

funny LOL

Interesting information, whiteballz!  That may break down to apx. $604/month Child Support payment.  I wonder why so much (more than one child)?  Maybe child support payments is why Pedro retired very early from owning & working in bodega/convenience store; selling store to one of his older children.

Pedro is probably quickly working with a lawyer to ensure that his child (moved from the U.S.A. to Dominican Republic) quickly receives the back $29K, plus a higher arranged monthly amount contract.  This will probably suffice to keep Pedro out of jail and Child Support Services satisfied.  I wonder if any of Pedro's family members will face jail for lying, over several years, to police officers/child support officers when they came searching at bodega and elsewhere for Pedro?

Regardless, Pedro, his wife, and his five (or however many) children in the U.S.A. will still have plenty of money to 'budgeted splurge' throughout their entire lives with.  Thrilling huge PB jackpot win!

Party

Oh, whiteballz, I didn't know the Euro Millions jackpot amount posting, on USAmega.com, was a conversion to U.S. dollars ... that's helpful, thanks! 

What an exciting roll thus far!!! ROFL

Quote: Originally posted by HaveABall on Mar 29, 2013

Oh, whiteballz, I didn't know the Euro Millions jackpot amount posting, on USAmega.com, was a conversion to U.S. dollars ... that's helpful, thanks! 

What an exciting roll thus far!!! ROFL

I think they show the US dollars value on USAmega.com because they know most people who visit the site are American.

JoshUK

I didn't win the Euro, I hope it rolls.

JoshUK

Someone in France won it. =[

Quote: Originally posted by JoshUK on Mar 29, 2013

Someone in France won it. =[

Hope he doesn't buy up all the real estate in Paris! Artist77 has her eye on an apartment with views to the Eiffel Tower.

Bulahsbaby$

God has smiles on you and you life has changed again. Hombre. be glad but now is th time to move away  you got to go into seclutions ;ik jesus befor the seventh day

jimmy4164

Yes.

It is so this time

With these thoughts in mind, how should we explain the fact that

19 - 24 - 27 - 33 - 51 ( 31 )

has never won?

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story