Florida city still wondering: Who won the $590M lottery jackpot?

Jun 3, 2013, 8:24 am (98 comments)

Powerball

ZEPHYRHILLS, Fla. — It's been two long weeks since the small city of Zephyrhills learned that a $590 million Powerball ticket was sold at a supermarket here.

No one expected the winner to come forward in the first days after the announcement. After all, curious residents reasoned, the person might need a few days to absorb the shock, or to consult with financial advisers.

But then a week passed, and more, and now folks are so anxious to know the winner's identity they could jump out of their skin.

"Being in a small town, everybody knows everybody and in some cases, everybody's business," said Dave Walters, a longtime reporter at the Zephyrhills News community newspaper. "It's hard to keep a secret in this town, but this is one of the biggest mysteries we've had in a long, long time."

Zephyrhills, population 13,337, is about 30 miles northeast of downtown Tampa. Like many Florida communities, it features a small, old-timey downtown strip where restaurants, gift shops and clothing stores sit under a canopy of oak trees. Around the city's perimeter, there's the suburban sprawl of big box stores. It was in that sprawl, at a Publix supermarket, where the winning ticket was sold.

Rumors were swirling about who the winner could be: Publix deli employees, single moms working at Wal-Mart — even the cousin of a friend of a guy who lived clear in another county.

"Anybody who did not show up for work on that Monday was considered to be the lottery winner," Walters said. "If you had the flu and didn't show up for work, everyone thought you were the lottery winner. If you took a personal day or a sick day, they thought you had won the lottery."

The city is known around the Tampa Bay area for a few things: as the source for bottled spring water, as an area where people like to skydive and as the home to several mobile home parks that cater to the elderly.

Joe Abed, who owns Manolo's Italian restaurant in the historic downtown, thinks the ticket was sold to a senior citizen.

"It's a conspiracy theory," he said, using his hands to make quote marks. "I believe it's a senior citizen that purchased the ticket and they just have no idea that they won the ticket."

Marsha Decena, a Zephyrhills clothing store owner, said she's anxious to find out who won.

"I've heard so many different rumors through town, from it being a 23- or 26-year-old woman to somebody might have washed it in their pocket, the ticket is just lost and they don't know that they won," she said. "It's crazy."

The winner has 60 days from the date of the May 18 drawing to claim a lump-sum payment, and until mid-November to claim annual cash payments.

Zephyrhills resident Don Lawrence thinks the winner is just lining up legal and accounting staff.

"Lost the ticket or something like that? No, I don't think so," he said. "I think somebody's taking their time, doing it the right way."

Newly elected Mayor Danny Burgess — who turned 27 on Saturday — said he hopes it's a resident.

"Just because one person won the lottery, we all feel like we won, that's the kind of community this is," Burgess said. "I absolutely hope for the lottery winner that this is a positive, life-changing event. Only in America can you go to bed with a lottery ticket and wake up a mega-millionaire. I hope that they understand, appreciate and recognize the significance of this."

Abed wonders if the ticket eventually is "just going to go back into the system" so the country can have "another huge lottery."

But that's wishful thinking. According to the Florida Lottery website, if a Powerball jackpot isn't claimed within 180 days from the draw date, "the funds to pay the unclaimed jackpot will be returned to the lottery members in their proportion of sales for the jackpot rollover series."

In other words, state coffers will claim the jackpot, and the people of Zephyrhills will be left to wonder.

AP

Comments

joshuacloak's avatarjoshuacloak

here the issue

the winner is Now losing money by not claiming by now

it takes just about "2 full weeks" for all diff state's to wire the money to the winner state"florida lottery"

to have all money in 1 bank account ready to pay'wire" to the winner if they pick cash

that is money that could be earning interest

aka losing money ,  and 278,175,000  cash is atfer 25% withholding rate   , sure they pay almust other 15% later on , but 278m intreast is no Joke money being lost some money here

all u people who say take your time, i say u have 2 weeks TIME, max, u can get ever thing done by 2 weeks easy

sense come 3rd week, your losing money by sure waitin and not even claiming yet

i can tell u right now, whatever legal help this winner has , should of warned the winner ,

MONEY now being lost by waiting to claim past this LATE point

maybe lottery winner just born turtle type,and we  have it claimed by end of this 3rd week, only week lost of intreast ,oh will no big deal.

if atfer this week, the winner "if they know they won sense day atfer the draw" i call anyone a moron money wise  who lose's money like this

or we  have a  clueless winner who does not even know they won, family issue's

who the hell knows

all i know is this winner taken to "long" as its costing them,   thro to be fair, if u know u have 200+ million in cash, who cares about losing some more money..............

i don't have high hopes for smart winner if by end of this week, there sure no claim

2 weeks is more then time needed to even do  a "legal court sealed name change" ,etc  any and all dirty tricks to hide your name could be done by now................

i give it 1 more week, like i said, maybe the winner just little slow in head...............................  by end of this  next week, if no winner, 

i can claim, we are not dealing with smartest person on plant who won,

as anyone who takes time to understand Powerball workings  would know by 2 weeks time, the money Ready to be wired to a winner, the winner just has to show up with paperwork to claim, give lottery a bank account number and wait for how long banks can wire that amount over

the banks talk to each other more  when wiring over this kinda large amount ,

i have not said anything about the winner for at lest 2 weeks,

now that they failed to show up in 2 week limit of getting stuff done without "losing money"

, i think we have to think the worst,  moron/clueless/slow poke who costing them self's money, etc

thro if winner claims this week, and its done in such a way to loophole right by florida lottery public winner mandate, we may have our self's one of smartest ever winner's

doubt it thro, all legal loopholes should of been ready by now............

in short, give it other week, if on 7th we have no winner, the winner not smartest investment person on planet , as no one lose's money like this

then again, my thinkin comes form investment world, we just have layman lottery winner, who clueless  is what scares me,   ether way, good luck to winner in avoiding the media 

lottolaughs's avatarlottolaughs

Even if someone won a jackpot on my own block I don't think I'd be "jumping out of my skin" to find out who it was. That's their business. The only reason you'd be jumping out of your skin is if you couldn't wait to find out who's porch to show up on to start begging,lol.

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Quote: Originally posted by lottolaughs on Jun 3, 2013

Even if someone won a jackpot on my own block I don't think I'd be "jumping out of my skin" to find out who it was. That's their business. The only reason you'd be jumping out of your skin is if you couldn't wait to find out who's porch to show up on to start begging,lol.

I Agree!

jackpotismine's avatarjackpotismine

It's the gummint that wants to know who won. Especially the IRS those @#$%!.

whiteballz's avatarwhiteballz

who was it? I don't care, it wasn't me. It is time to buy some tickets and hope I win a jackpot of my own.

Littleoldlady's avatarLittleoldlady

I Agree!

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

$53k a week at 1%, not small change to likes of us, but in a years time  ; once its all set up. the winner wont care.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by joshuacloak on Jun 3, 2013

here the issue

the winner is Now losing money by not claiming by now

it takes just about "2 full weeks" for all diff state's to wire the money to the winner state"florida lottery"

to have all money in 1 bank account ready to pay'wire" to the winner if they pick cash

that is money that could be earning interest

aka losing money ,  and 278,175,000  cash is atfer 25% withholding rate   , sure they pay almust other 15% later on , but 278m intreast is no Joke money being lost some money here

all u people who say take your time, i say u have 2 weeks TIME, max, u can get ever thing done by 2 weeks easy

sense come 3rd week, your losing money by sure waitin and not even claiming yet

i can tell u right now, whatever legal help this winner has , should of warned the winner ,

MONEY now being lost by waiting to claim past this LATE point

maybe lottery winner just born turtle type,and we  have it claimed by end of this 3rd week, only week lost of intreast ,oh will no big deal.

if atfer this week, the winner "if they know they won sense day atfer the draw" i call anyone a moron money wise  who lose's money like this

or we  have a  clueless winner who does not even know they won, family issue's

who the hell knows

all i know is this winner taken to "long" as its costing them,   thro to be fair, if u know u have 200+ million in cash, who cares about losing some more money..............

i don't have high hopes for smart winner if by end of this week, there sure no claim

2 weeks is more then time needed to even do  a "legal court sealed name change" ,etc  any and all dirty tricks to hide your name could be done by now................

i give it 1 more week, like i said, maybe the winner just little slow in head...............................  by end of this  next week, if no winner, 

i can claim, we are not dealing with smartest person on plant who won,

as anyone who takes time to understand Powerball workings  would know by 2 weeks time, the money Ready to be wired to a winner, the winner just has to show up with paperwork to claim, give lottery a bank account number and wait for how long banks can wire that amount over

the banks talk to each other more  when wiring over this kinda large amount ,

i have not said anything about the winner for at lest 2 weeks,

now that they failed to show up in 2 week limit of getting stuff done without "losing money"

, i think we have to think the worst,  moron/clueless/slow poke who costing them self's money, etc

thro if winner claims this week, and its done in such a way to loophole right by florida lottery public winner mandate, we may have our self's one of smartest ever winner's

doubt it thro, all legal loopholes should of been ready by now............

in short, give it other week, if on 7th we have no winner, the winner not smartest investment person on planet , as no one lose's money like this

then again, my thinkin comes form investment world, we just have layman lottery winner, who clueless  is what scares me,   ether way, good luck to winner in avoiding the media 

good luck to winner in avoiding the media 

Do people who wait a long time to cash the big one get more attention or less?

billionaire2bee

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Jun 3, 2013

I wouldnt even try to avoid the press myself....but I'd be making darn sure I had all my ducks in a row before I'd be holding that press conference at headquarters...I'm like go on get all the press out of the way up front at the lottery headquarters then go live your new life...

Ronnie316

Why do the states just keep the money if no one claims it?

CLETU$

Why do the states just keep the money if no one claims it?

The same reason that dogs lick their ba!!s.Because they can!

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by CLETU$ on Jun 3, 2013

The same reason that dogs lick their ba!!s.Because they can!

Your right, lottery players never complained before.... Why should they start now? LOL

CLETU$

Lottery players DO complain,but it falls on deaf ears.When the Iowa lottery had the issue with the Hot Lotto ticket a couple of years ago they gave away the money at the state fair after people around the state complained agaisnt the state fair idea.The lottery in their wisdom or stupidity (take your choice) had their minds made up and no amount of pleading with them was going to change their mind.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by CLETU$ on Jun 3, 2013

Lottery players DO complain,but it falls on deaf ears.When the Iowa lottery had the issue with the Hot Lotto ticket a couple of years ago they gave away the money at the state fair after people around the state complained agaisnt the state fair idea.The lottery in their wisdom or stupidity (take your choice) had their minds made up and no amount of pleading with them was going to change their mind.

Why was that a bad idea? At least they gave it back to the people of your great state.

LottoGuyBC's avatarLottoGuyBC

Hiding Behind Computer

in hiding?

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by LottoGuyBC on Jun 3, 2013

Hiding Behind Computer

in hiding?

I like the "elderly" theory BETTER.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Why was that a bad idea? At least they gave it back to the people of your great state.

When Ohio discontinued its Lot'O Play game and there wasn't a jackpot winner, they gave the money to players proportionally to the winning tickets of lower prizes they bought for the last game rather than giving it to the general public of which many didn't play lotteries. 

I bought 20 tickets of which two were minimum winners which paid very well.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Jun 3, 2013

When Ohio discontinued its Lot'O Play game and there wasn't a jackpot winner, they gave the money to players proportionally to the winning tickets of lower prizes they bought for the last game rather than giving it to the general public of which many didn't play lotteries. 

I bought 20 tickets of which two were minimum winners which paid very well.

I Agree! I think that's a great idea, and PB could easily do the same with the $590 million.

NightStalker's avatarNightStalker

If the PB people really want to know who won the jp, they could go to where the ticket was sold and check the surveillance video and post a pic on tv. 

I hope the winner(s) come forward before that happens.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by NightStalker on Jun 3, 2013

If the PB people really want to know who won the jp, they could go to where the ticket was sold and check the surveillance video and post a pic on tv. 

Perhaps they are taking a "you snooze, you lose" stance?

RJOh's avatarRJOh

I Agree! I think that's a great idea, and PB could easily do the same with the $590 million.

If the winner doesn't come forward in the allowed time, there are probably hundreds of folks ready with a story to try and claim it since no one ever goes to jail for filing a false claim.

Ronnie316

Considering they only have 60 days, the clock will run out VERY fast.

Ronnie316

If the winner doesn't come forward in the allowed time, there are probably hundreds of folks ready with a story to try and claim it since no one ever goes to jail for filing a false claim.

With all the computer technology out there I'm surprised there are not more false winning tickets.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Claim it already!

Crazy

RJOh's avatarRJOh

With all the computer technology out there I'm surprised there are not more false winning tickets.

With a false claim you wouldn't want any hard evidence you couldn't deny and a false winning ticket would be that.  Best to just claim you bought the ticket and lost or misplaced it.

mypiemaster's avatarmypiemaster

To each his/her own. For all we know, the winner might already be a millionaire{like JACK} and could care less about the interest. One who is comfortable in their life, and does not care for the "GOD FORSAKEN" publicity, or maybe they have memory issues, and are totally oblivious of the fact that they WON REALLY BIG.

Ronnie316

With a false claim you wouldn't want any hard evidence you couldn't deny and a false winning ticket would be that.  Best to just claim you bought the ticket and lost or misplaced it.

Good point. Yes Nod

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by mypiemaster on Jun 3, 2013

To each his/her own. For all we know, the winner might already be a millionaire{like JACK} and could care less about the interest. One who is comfortable in their life, and does not care for the "GOD FORSAKEN" publicity, or maybe they have memory issues, and are totally oblivious of the fact that they WON REALLY BIG.

Whoever comes forward will already be under suspicion because they waited so long.

Saylorgirl's avatarSaylorgirl

Quote: Originally posted by NightStalker on Jun 3, 2013

I really hate that idea of using surveillance video.  It's only been two weeks they have until November to claim the jackpot.  It could take more than two weeks to plan for that much money.

mypiemaster's avatarmypiemaster

Quote: Originally posted by Saylorgirl on Jun 3, 2013

I really hate that idea of using surveillance video.  It's only been two weeks they have until November to claim the jackpot.  It could take more than two weeks to plan for that much money.

Should only be used in cases involving disputes!!!

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by Saylorgirl on Jun 3, 2013

I say roll the footage. Lets see who won!

joshuacloak's avatarjoshuacloak

"Do people who wait a long time to cash the big one get more attention or less?"

both, this is record amount  of cash for only "1 ticket" to have won

ofc the media going to be all over this winner when they go public

how long they wait does not matter, media WILL cover this winner

----------------------------------

60 days thing is not true folks    .............. its 180 days to claim

the 60 day thing is some arcane IRS/Treasury department rule on the winners Have to pick  the cash/or Annuity

it use to be u had to pick before u played, aka Annuity or cash,   some kind of bs tax rule, they waved that silly rule , sorta

they put 60 day limit to the waiver of some arcane rule about that

now atfer 60 days, the lottery will pick annuity option for the winners to keep irs/Treasury department happy

and at that point, the winner can only take the annuity option ,

blame the IRS/treasury silly upside down world for that rule. not the lottery , they tried to get better waiver, failed at it Roll Eyes

the winners sure have total of 180 sense winning  draw to claim, is point

so early  November to claim , tons of time really

just losing media

also back to media

in lawyer world  i sure think winners could claim it hidden,  does not matter about public record laws

just to list the options 

legal name change with court sealed judge granting it "life in danger tall tale type of story" no link to old u via paper

#2,  legal entity such as a trust/corporations

the lottery can sure know who "won" behind it,   as rules state they must

just have to be fake middle man like these clowns

https://www.lotterypost.com/news/239509

that's story about the 3 very bad middle man trying to pretend to public they are in fact "real winners"

the story goes these 3 man, all tipped in like 33 cents? to buy 1 ticket

it was only 1 ticket line that won

that's right, 3 man pooled money to buy only 1 ticket!  that won,LOL

also they manage other people's money for livingJester

no funny business  going on here, no sir Jester Laugh

the funny part, the trust they claimed it  with, had a 4th trust beneficiary ,a other TRUST! 

so u had 3 clowns be public face as the "winners"

the lottery got the first trust papers,    they put the "human" winners up for show

however Who ever was in  2nd trust as the "4th" that beneficiary would get all money atfer some time passed

is what Trust papers stated, in short, all money goes to 2nd trust, the "4th" beneficiary was never found out

, the media did freedom act,    got to see first trust papers, sense lottery had a copy of it

lottery demanda  copy of trust who claims it, so they will know who the "winners are"

only first trust thro, if  a beneficiary is a other trust, the lottery DOES not have that 2nd trust info

they have no right to it, PERIOD

so no freedom act/public record laws can show who "the real" winner is

so to repeat.

the "real" winners to media are in fact the "fake" winners MWHAHAHAHA

ofc lottery had no right to the "beneficiary"  2nd trust papers , aka the trust within a trust papers

the lottery had no way to know who "real" winners are

they only had 3 banker clowns words to take,   hance  why lottey pro claimed them as the real winners

trust u me, public records can be loophole driven thro  easy

laywers when told to make loopholes will make loopholes

public record laws are joke.

it  has been done before,and it will happen again"when is other story"

i doubt must winners will ever have brains and balls to abuse legal loopholes 

but to say it can't be done in "forced" to go public lottery state is false idea

it can be done, i seen it happen

CLETU$

Because it was a foregone conclusion that it would go to someone from Des Moines,not from one of the hundreds of towns and cities that make up the state of Iowa.The Iowa Lottery is under the impressiion that all Iowans either live in Des Moines or want to live in Des Moines.I once was a finalist in a lottery promotion where the winner got a flat screen tv.They couldn't understand why I didn't want to drive 200 miles in the dead of winter to attend an Iowa Hawkeyes basketball game in Des Moines on a 1 in 10 chance that I might be the winner of the tv.The other nine contestants got a Hawkeyes t-shirt.They were,however,nice enough to send me the t-shirt in the mail.Oh,and the jackpot on that Hot Lotto ticket was 14 million $ and they only gave away 1 Million $ at the state fair,they never did say what happened to the other 13 million $.

Ronnie316

Ok, so they have 60 days to get they money. After that they are forced to take the annuity. It sounds like it is in the state best interest to wait til AFTER the 60 days expire to make an effort to find the winner.

johnjohnson's avatarjohnjohnson

Whoever this person is, if they dont claim it this week then they either lost the ticket, dont know they won, or not very smart because then they waited a month+ to receive the money because it takes at least two weeks for it be reach a bank account. I still remember the Georgia Jackpot where there was ~70M unclaimed and with such a huge Jackpot who knows where the ticket may be..the Lottery HQ hasnt even received an "anonymous" phone call so this person is in trouble IMO. 

I would hate to see the government receive this all back and distribute back to the states when its the people's money. I think that rule is one of the worst scams i've ever seen.

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

Lurking

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

I Agree!

ressuccess's avatarressuccess

I hope the winner of this Powerball jackpot steps forward.

RedStang's avatarRedStang

Quote: Originally posted by johnjohnson on Jun 3, 2013

Whoever this person is, if they dont claim it this week then they either lost the ticket, dont know they won, or not very smart because then they waited a month+ to receive the money because it takes at least two weeks for it be reach a bank account. I still remember the Georgia Jackpot where there was ~70M unclaimed and with such a huge Jackpot who knows where the ticket may be..the Lottery HQ hasnt even received an "anonymous" phone call so this person is in trouble IMO. 

I would hate to see the government receive this all back and distribute back to the states when its the people's money. I think that rule is one of the worst scams i've ever seen.

There's lots of reasons to cause delay. I would'nt be surprised if a snowbird has the ticket.

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

I'm hoping that when the winner claims their money and decide to donate some to their local whatever, they will NOT be promised to be broke within five years!! The promise always comes with several exclamation marks. Benevolence is not appreciated in 2013  Disapprove

luckyshoes's avatarluckyshoes

If the winner is keeping quiet and seeking financial advice =good. After 2 weeks,  I would have a really hard time not telling anyone , "It was ME !"

IamTheWinner

I am the winner i will cliam it soon. Wink

SLOYAROLE

This >>> "I believe it's a senior citizen that purchased the ticket and they just have no idea that they won the ticket."

Ultimately, only moochers, the media, and the IRS really care at this point. The rest are just nosey-posey's. Going from a "9 to 5" to being a millionare 500 times over is a life altering event. Floridians need to just settle down. let the lucky person(s) get their ducks in a row. They're probably doing some soul searching, identifying who their REAL friends are (if they didn't already know), If I was the lucky winner, I'd be more concerned with how my life is about to change more than I would a couple of weeks interest...

brees2012's avatarbrees2012

Thanks for informing us ........I thought it took like 3 weeks to have everything settled ...

Thinking maybe it's the lawyers who's taking there sweet time , there could be many reasons

why it's taking longer ........If I won this powerball , I would already turn that ticket in .

Curious why he/she taking there time ........

Just because you buy the ticket in Zephyrhills , doesn't mean you live in that city .  I hardly ever buy

a ticket in my city . When I'm out doing my errands , I'll stop by a store and pick one up .

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Jun 3, 2013

who was it? I don't care, it wasn't me. It is time to buy some tickets and hope I win a jackpot of my own.

Well put, whiteballz.  Good strategy. Thinking of...

Congratulations to the winner(s)!

Party1377

Considering they only have 60 days, the clock will run out VERY fast.

They have till Nov. Also why is it only 6 months not a full year like most places?

helpmewin's avatarhelpmewin

I say roll the footage. Lets see who won!

I Agree! i want to see who to congratulate Party

Quote: Originally posted by joshuacloak on Jun 3, 2013

"Do people who wait a long time to cash the big one get more attention or less?"

both, this is record amount  of cash for only "1 ticket" to have won

ofc the media going to be all over this winner when they go public

how long they wait does not matter, media WILL cover this winner

----------------------------------

60 days thing is not true folks    .............. its 180 days to claim

the 60 day thing is some arcane IRS/Treasury department rule on the winners Have to pick  the cash/or Annuity

it use to be u had to pick before u played, aka Annuity or cash,   some kind of bs tax rule, they waved that silly rule , sorta

they put 60 day limit to the waiver of some arcane rule about that

now atfer 60 days, the lottery will pick annuity option for the winners to keep irs/Treasury department happy

and at that point, the winner can only take the annuity option ,

blame the IRS/treasury silly upside down world for that rule. not the lottery , they tried to get better waiver, failed at it Roll Eyes

the winners sure have total of 180 sense winning  draw to claim, is point

so early  November to claim , tons of time really

just losing media

also back to media

in lawyer world  i sure think winners could claim it hidden,  does not matter about public record laws

just to list the options 

legal name change with court sealed judge granting it "life in danger tall tale type of story" no link to old u via paper

#2,  legal entity such as a trust/corporations

the lottery can sure know who "won" behind it,   as rules state they must

just have to be fake middle man like these clowns

https://www.lotterypost.com/news/239509

that's story about the 3 very bad middle man trying to pretend to public they are in fact "real winners"

the story goes these 3 man, all tipped in like 33 cents? to buy 1 ticket

it was only 1 ticket line that won

that's right, 3 man pooled money to buy only 1 ticket!  that won,LOL

also they manage other people's money for livingJester

no funny business  going on here, no sir Jester Laugh

the funny part, the trust they claimed it  with, had a 4th trust beneficiary ,a other TRUST! 

so u had 3 clowns be public face as the "winners"

the lottery got the first trust papers,    they put the "human" winners up for show

however Who ever was in  2nd trust as the "4th" that beneficiary would get all money atfer some time passed

is what Trust papers stated, in short, all money goes to 2nd trust, the "4th" beneficiary was never found out

, the media did freedom act,    got to see first trust papers, sense lottery had a copy of it

lottery demanda  copy of trust who claims it, so they will know who the "winners are"

only first trust thro, if  a beneficiary is a other trust, the lottery DOES not have that 2nd trust info

they have no right to it, PERIOD

so no freedom act/public record laws can show who "the real" winner is

so to repeat.

the "real" winners to media are in fact the "fake" winners MWHAHAHAHA

ofc lottery had no right to the "beneficiary"  2nd trust papers , aka the trust within a trust papers

the lottery had no way to know who "real" winners are

they only had 3 banker clowns words to take,   hance  why lottey pro claimed them as the real winners

trust u me, public records can be loophole driven thro  easy

laywers when told to make loopholes will make loopholes

public record laws are joke.

it  has been done before,and it will happen again"when is other story"

i doubt must winners will ever have brains and balls to abuse legal loopholes 

but to say it can't be done in "forced" to go public lottery state is false idea

it can be done, i seen it happen

can you think of anything else to say Yawn

Party1377

Whoever comes forward will already be under suspicion because they waited so long.

Yea because them being SMART is suspicious. WHAT? lol

Also I thought the 60 day to claim if your taking the cash option falls under "60 Day AFTER You Claim"?

Another thing that person making a million paragraph posts. Hey "Mr Know It ALL" STFU ALREADY!!! (They are being smart getting things together probably assuming they know they won. They are not LOSING money as you put it. They are just not making MORE money. People who can't wait to claim it, and tell everyone are the idiots that end up going broke. Or at the very least having a lot of big problems. I am sure they are looking for ways to get around being public. VERY POSSIBLE as you mentioned.)

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Jun 3, 2013

something a sore looser Hit With Stick might say

golfer1960's avatargolfer1960

The beautiful city of Zephyrhills, FL:

Publix  clock waterplay water

larry3100's avatarlarry3100

If I had won on that Powerball $590 million, I would have gone to the lottery headquarters and had my winning ticket verified that it was the winning Powerball ticket. And then go to a lottery winners news conference to tell my story as to where I bought my ticket -where I hid it ,ect. After the lottery conference I would ask lottery officials to transfer the the $223 millon to my local bank and then get the hell out of Dodge.Remember Jack Whittacker who won $314.9 million. Jack said after eveything that went-down,losing his wife to a divorce,his grand-daughter who died of a drug overdose, and all those people asking for a loan that never gets paid back. Jack said he would have torn that ticket up. Perhaps that winner of that $590 million Powerball ticket(Elderly person )read about Jack and decided to tare that ticket up. Wow,that would be something. Or an elderly person hid that winning ticket and forgot where it was hidden. If no one comes forward with that winning ticket, I would like to see that  $590 million jackpot go back into the Powerball game.

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Jun 3, 2013

Ponder

redhot7's avatarredhot7

Quote: Originally posted by larry3100 on Jun 3, 2013

If I had won on that Powerball $590 million, I would have gone to the lottery headquarters and had my winning ticket verified that it was the winning Powerball ticket. And then go to a lottery winners news conference to tell my story as to where I bought my ticket -where I hid it ,ect. After the lottery conference I would ask lottery officials to transfer the the $223 millon to my local bank and then get the hell out of Dodge.Remember Jack Whittacker who won $314.9 million. Jack said after eveything that went-down,losing his wife to a divorce,his grand-daughter who died of a drug overdose, and all those people asking for a loan that never gets paid back. Jack said he would have torn that ticket up. Perhaps that winner of that $590 million Powerball ticket(Elderly person )read about Jack and decided to tare that ticket up. Wow,that would be something. Or an elderly person hid that winning ticket and forgot where it was hidden. If no one comes forward with that winning ticket, I would like to see that  $590 million jackpot go back into the Powerball game.

Perhaps that winner of that $590 million Powerball ticket(Elderly person )read about Jack and decided to tare that ticket up.

That's quite possible especially if his children are greedy parasites whom he know would fight over the money and he is an elderly who doesn't really need the money.

redhot7's avatarredhot7

Quote: Originally posted by Party1377 on Jun 3, 2013

Yea because them being SMART is suspicious. WHAT? lol

Also I thought the 60 day to claim if your taking the cash option falls under "60 Day AFTER You Claim"?

Another thing that person making a million paragraph posts. Hey "Mr Know It ALL" STFU ALREADY!!! (They are being smart getting things together probably assuming they know they won. They are not LOSING money as you put it. They are just not making MORE money. People who can't wait to claim it, and tell everyone are the idiots that end up going broke. Or at the very least having a lot of big problems. I am sure they are looking for ways to get around being public. VERY POSSIBLE as you mentioned.)

I thought the 60 day to claim if your taking the cash option falls under "60 Day AFTER You Claim"?

No, not in Florida.

FLORIDA LOTTO, MEGA MILLIONS, POWERBALL and MEGA MONEY jackpot winners who want the Cash Option payment must claim their prizes within the first 60 days after the draw date. If the prize is not claimed within the first 60 days of the redemption period, it will be paid out in annual payments.

My state however, allows the winner to choose the cash option within 60 days after making the claim and not 60 days after the draw date. Each state has different rules.

Stack47

Does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Party1377

Quote: Originally posted by redhot7 on Jun 3, 2013

I thought the 60 day to claim if your taking the cash option falls under "60 Day AFTER You Claim"?

No, not in Florida.

FLORIDA LOTTO, MEGA MILLIONS, POWERBALL and MEGA MONEY jackpot winners who want the Cash Option payment must claim their prizes within the first 60 days after the draw date. If the prize is not claimed within the first 60 days of the redemption period, it will be paid out in annual payments.

My state however, allows the winner to choose the cash option within 60 days after making the claim and not 60 days after the draw date. Each state has different rules.

Oh alright got it. I think pretty much all most all are like I mentioned. Not sure how many more are like FL.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Maybe the winner went somewhere to stock up on some good water. I would if I lived there.

I'm sure Zephyr Hills is a fine little town but I've had that water and well, let's just say I never want it again.

The worst water I ever had though was from the Fountain of Youth in St Augustine Florida. I don't know what the hell that run off of. I was wonderin' what that funky smell was when I rolled into town. It was the water. Smelled like rotten eggs but the lady said it tasted good. She lied, it tasted worse than rotten eggs. My gizzard ain't been the same since.

golfer1960's avatargolfer1960

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Jun 3, 2013

Maybe the winner went somewhere to stock up on some good water. I would if I lived there.

I'm sure Zephyr Hills is a fine little town but I've had that water and well, let's just say I never want it again.

The worst water I ever had though was from the Fountain of Youth in St Augustine Florida. I don't know what the hell that run off of. I was wonderin' what that funky smell was when I rolled into town. It was the water. Smelled like rotten eggs but the lady said it tasted good. She lied, it tasted worse than rotten eggs. My gizzard ain't been the same since.

Ridge, you are too funny!! Green laugh

Where did you get the water from? Don't you have to buy it in Zephyrhills? Or is it a national brand?

I want to go to St. Augustine because they have the World Golf Hall of Fame there.

World Golf Hall of Fame

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Ridge, you are too funny!! Green laugh

Where did you get the water from? Don't you have to buy it in Zephyrhills? Or is it a national brand?

I want to go to St. Augustine because they have the World Golf Hall of Fame there.

World Golf Hall of Fame

I've seen it in a few different places.

I got it at a gas station or somewhere on the road in another state and I remembered the name cuz I didn't like it.

But maybe I got a bad batch or something.

Quote: Originally posted by Stack47 on Jun 3, 2013

Does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

why would he put chewing gum on his bed post overnight What?

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Jun 3, 2013

can you think of anything else to say Yawn

LOL. I gave up after the first line and that confused me.

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Jun 4, 2013

LOL. I gave up after the first line and that confused me.

Green laugh

Ronnie316

In case he needs a good chew on his way to the bathroom in the middle of the night? Bandit

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I would be happy if everybody would just stop saying "getting his ducks in a row".

Is that too much to ask?

I hate that saying.

Stack47

Will the stories about the jackpot winner lose their favor after a few weeks of not validating the ticket?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4nARvPKVbY

Quote: Originally posted by Stack47 on Jun 4, 2013

Will the stories about the jackpot winner lose their favor after a few weeks of not validating the ticket?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4nARvPKVbY

Bang Head   well that was 5 minutes of my life i will never get back Thanks

SLOYAROLE

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Jun 4, 2013

Bang Head   well that was 5 minutes of my life i will never get back Thanks

I saved some time and only watched for a minute.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Jun 4, 2013

I would be happy if everybody would just stop saying "getting his ducks in a row".

Is that too much to ask?

I hate that saying.

I Agree! Don't ducks usually get themselves in a row?

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Jun 4, 2013

I saved some time and only watched for a minute.

them Ky pepols like that Bluegrass musicNo Pity!

Ronnie316

them Ky pepols like that Bluegrass musicNo Pity!

Green laugh

Ronnie316

If they win the jackpot in KY they are not going to wait around to cash the ticket.

If they win the jackpot in KY they are not going to wait around to cash the ticket.

Green laugh

Ronnie316

I think the state will look for the winner after the first 60 days have expired.

why Unhappy

I think the state will look for the winner after the first 60 days have expired.

they'll all be there sons, sisters, cousins, ants,Green laugh

Ronnie316

why Unhappy

After 60 days they will be required to accept the annuity.

Ronnie316

they'll all be there sons, sisters, cousins, ants,Green laugh

I would love to see them split the ticket 75 ways and have everyone show up for the press conference.

Ronnie316

Exspecially the ants.

oK Thumbs Up

Ronnie316

IMA goin asleepy for about 14 hours. Have a fun night everyone. Bed

Ronnie316

oK Thumbs Up

See Ya!

I would love to see them split the ticket 75 ways and have everyone show up for the press conference.

THERE SHOULD BE PLENTY FOR EVERYONE

Goof Red Devil Bandit Evil Looking PatriotRoll Eyes Approve  Clown Evil Smile Skeptical Conehead Beaver Hat Troll Angry  Evil Oogle Big Grin

IMA goin asleepy for about 14 hours. Have a fun night everyone. Bed

See Ya!

Florida winner CAN'T go Anonymous ........What other way can he/she 

or lawyer turn in the ticket ????

annuity is the best way to go Party

JoshUK

Hope the winner hasn't lost their ticket. ;D

1977's avatar1977

Just heard on the local NEWS that the winner has come forward!!!!!!News story at the top of the hour....2:oopm-----For those that careSmile!!!!!!

sookie's avatarsookie

Yes the new sites are reporting they came forward, it's a woman and tyre will be a press conf at 2pm.  She is not attending.

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

Just heard on Fox news, the winners will be announced at 2:pm est.Lurking

1977's avatar1977

It 's proably the store clerk.....LOL

Read the lady is in her 70s. She can buy that Ferrari and 10 bedroom house she always wanted.

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

news is it took that long to find her glasses

jamella724

Everyone is anxious to know who the lucky winner is. I hope this is not a case of lost ticket. Their town is just small, hopefully the winner will help his or her town. This could be a life changing event for all of them.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story