Maryland Powerball winner laughing all the way to the bank

Jul 25, 2013, 1:12 pm (37 comments)

Powerball

LOL!

Includes video report

An elated Maryland Powerball winner even has the cameraman laughing with her as she celebrated her win from behind her giant $1 million check.

The joyful winner hit it big on the July 3 Powerball drawing but didn't even know she was Maryland's newest millionaire until a few days ago. The July 4 holiday came, life got busy and she simply forgot to check her numbers.

Just back from a long weekend family visit, the woman said she suddenly remembered having bought a few Powerball tickets at the High's store in Westminster before leaving town. "I was paying bills when I remembered the tickets," our cheerful winner told Maryland Lottery officials. She checked the results on the Lottery's website and was stunned. She had matched five of the six winning numbers, bringing her family a $1 million win.

"I couldn't believe it, it was so exciting, but I didn't know the prize for matching five of six at first," the married mother of two said. It was only after she returned to the website for payout details that the family celebration took off.

Happily employed in the medical field, this lucky woman enjoys her job and said the Powerball win will not lead to significant changes in her family's life. She won't leave her job, for example. "I won't be moving into a mansion," she added, laughing.

She and her husband will set up a college fund for the kids and buy a new vehicle. That thought set her off on a new round of laughter as she described her current vehicle's disintegrating interior. "Our truck is on its last wheels," she joked.

As for a family vacation, which is another treat many winners give their families, she and her husband had already saved up for a fitting trip to the "Happiest Place on Earth" next month.

"Now we won't have to worry about the 'extras' that make a vacation memorable," she said. "We'll be able to do all of them."

Maryland's newest millionaire found her Powerball luck at the High's convenience store at 27 Railroad Avenue in Westminster.

VIDEO: Try to not laugh along with her

Maryland Lottery, Lottery Post Staff

Comments

PERDUE

great win.
grrat story.

helpmewin's avatarhelpmewin

Quote: Originally posted by PERDUE on Jul 25, 2013

great win.
grrat story.

your funny i seen your state Monkey Butt, USA they have a powder called thatGreen laugh

Congrats to her spend wisely Party

RedStang's avatarRedStang

OMG. She's the voice for The bride of Chucky. 

golfer1960's avatargolfer1960

I don't understand why she is laughing...

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Jul 25, 2013

I don't understand why she is laughing...

am sure thars the dozen and one reasons

not limited to listening to her patients and co-workers complain all the while trying to keep a straight face

my reckoning is she'll give her self away in a week and two

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Jul 25, 2013

OMG. She's the voice for The bride of Chucky. 

LOL

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

She must be a naturally happy person to laugh like that. I am happy for her and her family.

Artist77's avatarArtist77

lol She sounds like the Virginia Lady luck lottery fairy.  Seriously.  No wonder she retired..and moved to Maryland.

CLETU$

Sounded stoned to my ears!

mypiemaster's avatarmypiemaster

Pay to the order of LUCKY LAUGHER........$1000000.00. The joke is on the Maryland lottery.

Quote: Originally posted by CLETU$ on Jul 25, 2013

Sounded stoned to my ears!

I was thinking that when I watched the video yesterday on Yahoo! news

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by mypiemaster on Jul 25, 2013

Pay to the order of LUCKY LAUGHER........$1000000.00. The joke is on the Maryland lottery.

I was wondering about the typo.

mypiemaster's avatarmypiemaster

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Jul 25, 2013

I was wondering about the typo.

Obviously she wanted to have her cake and eat it too. She is anonymous without being anonymous!!!. Hide in plain sight.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by mypiemaster on Jul 25, 2013

Obviously she wanted to have her cake and eat it too. She is anonymous without being anonymous!!!. Hide in plain sight.

Right, the new anonymous is sitting behind the check and acting stupid?

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I like wimmins who like to laugh all the time.

Most of my wives were always in a bad mood and yellin' stuff at me like "Where the hell were you last night?"

Who wants to be treated like that?

From now on I'm only marryin' happy wimmins that like to laugh all the time.

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Jul 25, 2013

Right, the new anonymous is sitting behind the check and acting stupid?

Shoot, I'd do it that way. Hide behind the check without my real name or face open to view. Thumbs Up

Love her infectious laughter! I know she and her family will be laughing all the way around the Happiest Place on Earth, too. Enjoy the win! White Bounce

CLETU$

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Jul 25, 2013

Most of my wives were always in a bad mood and yellin' stuff at me like "Where the hell were you last night?"

Its the wedding ring that makes 'em yell and carry on like they is nuts.Next time you get married don't buy her a ring...I guarentee you she will quit talkin' to you altogether~;).

If you move to Utah you won't have to choose between the two kinds lol

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

Congratulation to the winnerThumbs Up

Lol you soooooo crazy Green laugh

Quote: Originally posted by CLETU$ on Jul 25, 2013

Its the wedding ring that makes 'em yell and carry on like they is nuts.Next time you get married don't buy her a ring...I guarentee you she will quit talkin' to you altogether~;).

Lol my hubby said even with my ring off I still fuss at him all the time even in my sleep Big Grin

CLETU$

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Jul 25, 2013

Lol my hubby said even with my ring off I still fuss at him all the time even in my sleep Big Grin

Theres a BIG difference between taking your ring off and not getting a ring when you marry your man.

TheGameGrl's avatarTheGameGrl

maybe her last name is Laugher?

No matter how its spelled, she is a winner :)

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

Fun video.  A tidy sum to win, laugher! Jester Laugh

Goteki54's avatarGoteki54

I'm glad to see a fellow Marylander win. She has done justice to the term "laughing all the way to the bank". Well done!!

MadGeniusDude's avatarMadGeniusDude

lol lol lol lol Lurking Banana

four4me

Quote: Originally posted by Goteki54 on Jul 26, 2013

I'm glad to see a fellow Marylander win. She has done justice to the term "laughing all the way to the bank". Well done!!

Yea until she sees the tax bill now and at the end of the year.

mikeintexas's avatarmikeintexas

My ex used to laugh when I undressed in front of her.

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

i want what drugs  shes on, o wait   a nice win, yeah i want that,. she does seem deleriously happy.

Quote: Originally posted by mikeintexas on Jul 26, 2013

rdgrnr said Most of my wives were always in a bad mood and yellin  stuff at me

Maybe there's a connection to the different reactions Green laugh

tnlotto1's avatartnlotto1

Thats funny lol

Jester Laugh

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Always wait a few minutes after getting out of a cold pool.

sookie's avatarsookie

She sounds drunk.

Goteki54's avatarGoteki54

lol,  good point. Here in Maryland, the motto is tax it to death whehter it's breathing or not!!Rant

jamella724

She's so lucky, good thing she remembered the ticket. I think she enjoys simple life because she prefers to stay in her job and her simple home instead of living in a mansion. Definitely now that they have enough money, they can enjoy the family vacation they deserve.

Pita Maha's avatarPita Maha

Quote: Originally posted by jamella724 on Aug 11, 2013

She's so lucky, good thing she remembered the ticket. I think she enjoys simple life because she prefers to stay in her job and her simple home instead of living in a mansion. Definitely now that they have enough money, they can enjoy the family vacation they deserve.

The win won't allow her much more than that. It's good that she realizes it's a nice little boost to her family's financial security versus an amount to go crazy on. Especially after the taxman cometh! 

As for her giggling, some people get fits of giggles when they're happy-nervous. I'm like that sometimes (but not as loud). It can be embarrassing but I can't stop Embarassed.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story