$400 MILLION: Powerball jackpot skyrockets

Aug 4, 2013, 1:28 am (259 comments)

Powerball

4th-largest US jackpot ever; 6th-largest cash value

By Todd Northrop

For only the 4th time in the history of United States lotteries, a lottery jackpot has grown to $400 million or more.

The new high-water mark of $400 million for the current Powerball jackpot was achieved after no winning tickets were sold for Saturday night's $307.2 million grand prize.

The lump-sum cash payout value of Wednesday's Powerball jackpot is $230.3 million.  After-tax cash and annuity prize amounts are reported state-by-state on the Jackpot Analysis page at USA Mega, a web site devoted to the Powerball and Mega Millions multi-state lottery games.

This is the largest Powerball jackpot since May 18, 2013, when Gloria C. MacKenzie of Zephyrhills, Florida, held the solitary winning ticket for the largest Powerball jackpot ever awarded (see Winner of record $590.5 million Powerball lottery jackpot announced, Lottery Post, June 5, 2013).

Players should note that jackpot amounts are conservative estimates provided by the lotteries, and are often somewhat higher by the time the drawing occurs.

The mammoth prize is the result of 12 consecutive draws without a winner.  The run-up started as a $40 million prize on June 26, 2013.

The winning numbers for Saturday, August 3, 2013 were 21, 24, 36, 42, and 45, with Powerball number 15.

Even though nobody won the jackpot Saturday, 9 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize: 1 from California, 1 from Florida, 2 from Georgia, 2 from Michigan, 1 from Pennsylvania, 1 from Texas, and 1 from Washington.

The California second-prize winner will be awarded $1,159,103, because California does not award fixed prizes. By law, California awards all prizes on a pari-mutuel basis, meaning the prizes will change each drawing based on the number of tickets sold and the number of tickets that won at each prize level.

Only two of the second-prize winners purchased the Power Play option — the tickets sold in Florida and Texas. Because those two tickets were purchased with the Power Play option their second-prize win is automatically doubled to $2 million. Power Play is not available in California, because the fixed nature of the prize increase offered in Power Play is not compatible with California's pari-mutuel payouts.

78 tickets matched four white numbers plus the Powerball and won $10,000.  Of those tickets, 11 were purchased with the Power Play option, increasing the prize to $40,000, and 8 of the tickets were sold in California, where the prize was worth $11,505 this drawing.

Following the Saturday drawing, the Powerball annuity jackpot estimate was raised $92.8 million from its previous amount of $307.2 million. The cash value was raised by $53.5 million from its previous amount of $176.8 million.

The next Powerball drawing will take place Wednesday night at 10:59 pm Eastern Time.

When a Powerball ticket is purchased with the Power Play option for an extra $1 per ticket, any non-jackpot prize is increased according to a fixed prize schedule, which can be found on the Powerball Drawing Detail page at USA Mega, as well as on the Powerball Prize Payouts page at Lottery Post.

Powerball is now played in 43 states, plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.  Drawings are Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10:59 p.m. Eastern Time.  Tickets cost $2 each.

A 44th Powerball state will be added in early 2014, as the state of Wyoming has approved a new state lottery with the intention of joining Powerball and other multi-state lottery games.  (See Wyoming officially becomes 44th state with a lotteryLottery Post, Mar. 14, 2013.)

Powerball lottery results are published within minutes of the drawing at USA Mega (www.usamega.com).  The USA Mega Web site provides lottery players in-depth information about the United States's two biggest multi-state lottery games, Mega Millions and Powerball.

Top 25 United States lottery jackpots of all time

Wednesday's Powerball jackpot currently stands as the 4th-largest lottery jackpot of all time in the United States.  That position may rise before the drawing Wednesday night, as lotteries are typically conservative in their initial estimates, and brisk sales may push the jackpot estimate higher by draw time.

If nobody wins Wednesday, it's anyone's guess how high it will go.

1. Mega Millions: $656 million, Mar. 30, 2012 - Illinois, Kansas, Maryland
  2. Powerball: $590.5 million, May 18, 2013 - Florida
  3. Powerball: $587.5 million, Nov. 28, 2012 - Arizona, Missouri
  4. Powerball: $400 million, Aug. 7, 2013 - Preliminary estimate, not yet won
  5. Mega Millions: $390 million, Mar. 6, 2007 - Georgia, New Jersey
  6. Mega Millions: $380 million, Jan. 4, 2011 - Idaho, Washington
  7. Powerball: $365 million, Feb. 18, 2006 - Nebraska
  8. The Big Game: $363 million, May 9, 2000 - Illinois, Michigan
  9. Powerball: $340 million, Oct. 19, 2005 - Oregon
  10. Powerball: $338.3 million, Mar. 23, 2013 - New Jersey
  11. Powerball: $337 million, Aug. 15, 2012 - Michigan
  12. Powerball: $336.4 million, Feb. 11, 2012 - Rhode Island
  13. Mega Millions: $336 million, Aug. 28, 2009 - California, New York
  14. The Big Game: $331 million, Apr. 16, 2002 - Georgia, Illinois, New Jersey
  15. Mega Millions: $330 million, Aug. 31, 2007 - Maryland, New Jersey, Texas, Virginia
  16. Mega Millions: $319 million, Mar. 25, 2011 - New York
  17. Mega Millions: $315 million, Nov. 15, 2005 - California
  18. Powerball: $314.9 million, Dec. 26, 2002 - West Virgina
  19. Powerball: $314.3 million, Aug. 25, 2007 - Indiana
  20. Powerball: $295.7 million, Jul. 29, 1998 - Indiana
  21. Powerball: $295 million, Aug. 25, 2001 - Delaware, Kentucky, Minnesota, New Hampshire
  22. Mega Millions: $294 million, Jul. 2, 2004 - Massachusetts
  23. Powerball: $276.3 million, Mar. 15, 2008 - West Virgina
  24. Mega Millions: $275 million, Feb. 22, 2008 - Georgia
  25. Mega Millions: $270 million, Feb. 28, 2006 - Ohio

For those keeping score, the number of jackpots in the top 25, by lottery game, are:

• Powerball: 13
  • Mega Millions: 10
  • The Big Game: 2

The Big Game is the original name of Mega Millions, from the game's first drawing on Sep. 6, 1996 through May 14, 2002.  The name was changed to Mega Millions starting with the May 17, 2002 drawing.

Top 25 cash value jackpots

Since many lottery winners collect their winnings in cash, the lump-sum payout is an important measure of what a winning ticket could be worth.

Looking at the cash value, the upcoming Powerball jackpot ranks as the 6th-largest cash value in U.S. history.

1. Mega Millions: $471 million cash, Mar. 30, 2012 ($656 million annuity) - Illinois, Kansas, Maryland
  2. Powerball: $384.7 million cash, Nov. 28, 2012 ($587.5 million annuity) - Arizona, Missouri
  3. Powerball: $370.9 million cash, May 18, 2013 ($590.5 million annuity) - Florida
  4. Mega Millions: $240 million cash, Jan. 4, 2011 ($380 million annuity) - Idaho, Washington
  5. Mega Millions: $233.1 million cash, Mar. 6, 2007 ($390 million annuity) - Georgia, New Jersey
  6. Powerball: $230.3 million cash, Aug. 7, 2013 ($400 million annuity) - Preliminary estimate, not yet won
  7. Powerball: $224.7 million cash, Aug. 15, 2012 ($337 million annuity) - Michigan
  8. Mega Millions: $214 million cash, Aug. 28, 2009 ($336 million annuity) - California, New York
  9. Powerball: $211 million cash, Mar. 23, 2013 ($338.3 million annuity) - New Jersey
  10. Powerball: $210 million cash, Feb. 11, 2012 ($336.4 million annuity) - Rhode Island
  11. Mega Millions: $202.9 million cash, Mar. 25, 2011 ($319 million annuity) - New York
  12. Mega Millions: $194.4. million cash, Aug. 31, 2007 ($330 million annuity) - Maryland, New Jersey, Texas, Virginia
  13. Mega Millions: $185 million cash, Nov. 15, 2005 ($315 million annuity) - California
  14. The Big Game: $180 million cash, May 9, 2000 ($363 million annuity) - Illinois, Michigan
  15. Powerball: $177.3 million cash, Feb. 18, 2006 ($365 million annuity) - Nebraska
  16. Mega Millions: $168 million cash, July 2, 2004 ($294 million annuity) - Massachusetts
  17. Mega Millions: $167.7 million cash, Feb. 22, 2008 ($275 million annuity) - Georgia
  18. Powerball: $166 million cash, Aug. 25, 2001 ($295 million annuity) - Delaware, Kentucky, Minnesota, New Hampshire
  19. Mega Millions: $165.2 million cash, May 4, 2010 ($266 million annuity) - California
  20. Powerball: $164.4 million cash, won Oct. 19, 2005 ($340 million annuity) - Oregon
  21. Mega Millions: $164 million cash, Feb. 28, 2006 ($270 million annuity) - Ohio
  22. Powerball: $161.5 million cash, July 29, 1998 ($295.7 million annuity) - Indiana
  23. Mega Millions: $156.1 million cash, Sept. 16, 2005 ($258 million annuity) - New Jersey
  24. Mega Millions: $153.3 million cash, Dec. 27, 2011 ($208 million annuity) - New York
  25. Powerball: $151.7 million cash, Nov. 2, 2011 ($254.2 million annuity) - Connecticut

The number of jackpot cash values in the top 25, by lottery game, are:

• Mega Millions: 13
  • Powerball: 11
  • The Big Game: 1

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

ThatScaryChick's avatarThatScaryChick

I might actually buy a couple of tickets now.

tnlotto1's avatartnlotto1

PartyHurray!

Erzulieredeyes's avatarErzulieredeyes

L--O--V--E  these huge ridiculous jackpots! :)

The bigger they get, the greedier and superficial my imagionation becomes..lol

whiteballz's avatarwhiteballz

believe in something bigger!

OldSchoolPa's avatarOldSchoolPa

Quote: Originally posted by ThatScaryChick on Aug 4, 2013

I might actually buy a couple of tickets now.

I will be buying a ticket or two every day until the drawing Wednesday. I will thank everyone who contributed to my retirement account during the press conference I conduct in disguise about 3 weeks from now.

But I am not dreaming about what I will do with all that money because the drawing has not happened yet to confirm my win, so I find it pointless to dream about something that has not happened yet. But let those numbers fall my way, then I will take about 2 weeks to dream about what I will do while I meet with tax and investment professionals...oh, and I forgot to add lawyers because my situation is not optimum now.

Teddi's avatarTeddi

Quote: Originally posted by Erzulieredeyes on Aug 4, 2013

L--O--V--E  these huge ridiculous jackpots! :)

The bigger they get, the greedier and superficial my imagionation becomes..lol

I Agree! I know, right?

PrinceRene

I bought my Powerball tickets an hour ago. Good luck everyone.

powerball ticket

peppy007

Quote: Originally posted by PrinceRene on Aug 4, 2013

I bought my Powerball tickets an hour ago. Good luck everyone.

powerball ticket

I didnt know u could buy pb tickets after the deadline. Gonna check around my neighborgood to see whats the earliest I can play pb for the following drawing. Good luck everyone.

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

makes me grin

so the official frenzy begins eh .......

hehehe

best of luck to those playing and may it hit  in VA, preferably me !!

brees2012's avatarbrees2012

I was 100% ready to win the Powerball ......

Plans and luggage all ready to go.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Payout : $161,210,000

Share with several people and organizations

BuyLow's avatarBuyLow

I'm going to see how many people at Publix I can slide in front of...

Jack-in-the-BoxPartyJack-in-the-BoxParty

BuyLow's avatarBuyLow

Quote: Originally posted by whiteballz on Aug 4, 2013

Thats a great ad!

Piaceri

Scared

DancePartyBananaPartyHyperDancePartyBanana

Crazy

White Bounce

Disney

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner!!!

Green laugh

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

$400 million Hurray!

CLETU$

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Aug 4, 2013

Scared

Crazy

White Bounce

Disney

Green laugh

I Agree! No words needed!

mypiemaster's avatarmypiemaster

Been there done that PartyWhats all the celebration about? What?What?What?What?What?.

wizeguy's avatarwizeguy

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Aug 4, 2013

Scared

Crazy

White Bounce

Disney

Green laugh

Yes, single winner! Then get a prenup before marrying!! Thumbs Up

Good luck to all !!!

Artist77's avatarArtist77

It increased by $ 100 million??? Unreal.

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

There were no jackpot winners Saturday, but 1,807,981 players across the nation won more than $22.5 Million in prizes in America's Game.   That's alot of winners! But not any 5 numbers right winners in North Carolina. I didn't get but 2 numbers on my ticket correct!  Will get my 6 dollars worth on Wednesday! Good Luck to all of you!!!! Looking on the Powerball page, there was 188,786 winners from the State of California alone who bought the top amount of tickets on Saturday! New York was 2nd most amount of winners, Florida was 3rd with the most winners!

Quote: Originally posted by wizeguy on Aug 4, 2013

Yes, single winner! Then get a prenup before marrying!! Thumbs Up

Good luck to all !!!

to hades with getting married .... but heres to it being a single ticket winner and ME !!

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by hearsetrax on Aug 4, 2013

to hades with getting married .... but heres to it being a single ticket winner and ME !!

"Single ticket winner"..... Is that the opposite of a married ticket winner?

Ronnie316

$400 million sounds like a barrel of fun.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Aug 4, 2013

Sounds like they are anticipating selling 100 million lines. I wonder if anyone will win on Wed.?

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Aug 4, 2013

Sounds like they are anticipating selling 100 million lines. I wonder if anyone will win on Wed.?

What are the odds?

Ronnie316

$400 million on the line and still in reaction from Thrifty........

$400 MILLION: Powerball jackpot skyrockets

5 members gave this topic an average rating of 5 out of 5

Member Rating
tnlotto1 5 stars
PrinceRene 5 stars
hearsetrax 5 stars
wizeguy 5 stars
Ronnie316 5 stars
HoLeeKau's avatarHoLeeKau

Mid-draw bump in value was 10 million for the last draw.  What will it be for this one?

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by HoLeeKau on Aug 4, 2013

Mid-draw bump in value was 10 million for the last draw.  What will it be for this one?

They blew the entire wad of cash by raising it $100 million and I think its a real smart move on their part.

Uff Da!'s avatarUff Da!

A $400,000 jackpot will make a very nice birthday gift on Wednesday.  Yes, siree!  I'd even be willing to share.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by Uff Da! on Aug 4, 2013

A $400,000 jackpot will make a very nice birthday gift on Wednesday.  Yes, siree!  I'd even be willing to share.

Who would you share with?

Uff Da!'s avatarUff Da!

Who would you share with?

Well, I have 16 relatives and a domestic partner to start.  But even if there were a dozen or more jackpot winners, there would be plenty for me.  In fact, I'd be quite happy with a second place, for that matter, though the relatives wouldn't get much in that case.

"Single ticket winner"..... Is that the opposite of a married ticket winner?

"Single ticket winner"..... is actually a MISNOMER. Any jackpot sold in the good ol' US of A is shared between-the winner and the feds, and/or the state, and/or the city or municipality. The best way to look at it is........a married person living together, buys a jackpot winning ticket, decides out of greed or whatever, not to tell the spouse. The spouse finds out, sues, and an A-HOLE judge awards the whole jackpot to the spouse who sued. The spouse that won the case, now divorces the greedy spouse that actually won the jackpot in the first place, without any fear of sharing the loot as part of marital assets. NOW, THATS WHAT I CALL, "SINGLE TICKET WINNER". Deep but total BS.

Ronnie316

Well, I have 16 relatives and a domestic partner to start.  But even if there were a dozen or more jackpot winners, there would be plenty for me.  In fact, I'd be quite happy with a second place, for that matter, though the relatives wouldn't get much in that case.

That sounds like a real nice gesture but once you start giving all of them money how will you be able to stop giving them money without going broke or having them hate on you?

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by mypiemaster on Aug 4, 2013

"Single ticket winner"..... is actually a MISNOMER. Any jackpot sold in the good ol' US of A is shared between-the winner and the feds, and/or the state, and/or the city or municipality. The best way to look at it is........a married person living together, buys a jackpot winning ticket, decides out of greed or whatever, not to tell the spouse. The spouse finds out, sues, and an A-HOLE judge awards the whole jackpot to the spouse who sued. The spouse that won the case, now divorces the greedy spouse that actually won the jackpot in the first place, without any fear of sharing the loot as part of marital assets. NOW, THATS WHAT I CALL, "SINGLE TICKET WINNER". Deep but total BS.

Green laugh Very good. I'm just going to give half to my favorite charity who wont pay any taxes on their half.

RedStang's avatarRedStang

Looks like another week of Mac & Cheese and Dollar menus. Life is good.

Prob988

Well, it seems like a giant Jackpot, but it appears that practically everyone on this website, hundreds of people, will all win it and it will be so divided that it will become small.

Just kidding...

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Aug 4, 2013

Looks like another week of Mac & Cheese and Dollar menus. Life is good.

Another week of Mac & Cheese and Dollar menus, will pale in comparison if you manage to win 1st/2nd price. Sacrifices must be made. It is part of the process and the win gets to be even sweeter.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by Prob988 on Aug 4, 2013

Well, it seems like a giant Jackpot, but it appears that practically everyone on this website, hundreds of people, will all win it and it will be so divided that it will become small.

Just kidding...

I don't remember ever seeing more than 2 winners for a PB jackpot.

stunna6036's avatarstunna6036

WOW......400 million dollar annuity. I surely hope if not me someone wins this time around.  Good luck to all who play.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by stunna6036 on Aug 4, 2013

WOW......400 million dollar annuity. I surely hope if not me someone wins this time around.  Good luck to all who play.

With the number of tickets being sold I think there's still only about a 50/50 chance someone will win.

Ronnie316

Thumbs Up

Ronnie316

Thumbs Down

sandia's avatarsandia

Hopefully, you might get that chance Uff. However, don't short change yourself, you omitted a few zeros in your number.

Best luck to ya.

megan81's avatarmegan81

Happy early birthday!

megan81's avatarmegan81

Green laugh Very good. I'm just going to give half to my favorite charity who wont pay any taxes on their half.

Yes, that's true! THEY won't pay any taxes, but YOU will have to pay some of the taxes (you can only get a charitable tax deduction on a portion of such a large donation (you cannot deduct more than 30% of your income)--the rest is taxable)

However, it will be worth it on your part, because you will be doing a selfless, wonderful thing!!! Good for you!!!

I've always heard that you make enemies, of your friends and relatives, if you win a monster jackpot, and decide to give them money. That they never ever think, that you gave them enough. Should you just give their share to charity, and tell them to just suck it up?

Thumbs Down

It would really suck thou if mega has another jackpot winner before pb...........

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Ima gonna win big time ................. If I have the right numbers on Wednesday LOL

It's good to be 'Green' ........................ with money Jester

Uff Da!'s avatarUff Da!

That sounds like a real nice gesture but once you start giving all of them money how will you be able to stop giving them money without going broke or having them hate on you?

Simple.  At my age, I probably won't have long to worry about it.  Plus, I'll make it clear from the start that the bulk of the money will be going to charity.

Romancandle's avatarRomancandle

Wow... it rolled Crazy !!!!

Will PB finally dethrone MM for the #1 lottery game jackpot of all time on this run???

Strap yourself in... this could be one heck of a ride this week Guitar

Uff Da!'s avatarUff Da!

Quote: Originally posted by megan81 on Aug 4, 2013

Yes, that's true! THEY won't pay any taxes, but YOU will have to pay some of the taxes (you can only get a charitable tax deduction on a portion of such a large donation (you cannot deduct more than 30% of your income)--the rest is taxable)

However, it will be worth it on your part, because you will be doing a selfless, wonderful thing!!! Good for you!!!

That's only partially true.  There are 30% organizations - and there are 50% organizations.  If you set up your own trust and make all your donations through that trust, yes, the limit is 30%.  But you can donate directly to 50% organizations, in which case your limit is obviously higher.  Many well-known organizations are 50% organizations.  The community foundation located in my county, through which I could create scholarships, support the local library, support the local animal welfare groups, etc., is a 50% organization.  See the IRS website for more details on the taxation of charitable donations.

That's only partially true.  There are 30% organizations - and there are 50% organizations.  If you set up your own trust and make all your donations through that trust, yes, the limit is 30%.  But you can donate directly to 50% organizations, in which case your limit is obviously higher.  Many well-known organizations are 50% organizations.  The community foundation located in my county, through which I could create scholarships, support the local library, support the local animal welfare groups, etc., is a 50% organization.  See the IRS website for more details on the taxation of charitable donations.

So 30% orgs. might really get shortchanged, if the general public, are aware of the disparity in the tax implications. Then again, if I  have $400m, Lovies this disparity will only be but a mute point.

So 30% orgs. might really get shortchanged, if the general public, are aware of the disparity in the tax implications. Then again, if I  have $400m, Lovies this disparity will only be but a mute point.

I think you mean moot point.

http://grammarist.com/usage/moot-mute/

In the common phrase moot point, moot means (1) of no importance or (2) merely hypothetical. This is where moot most often gets confused with the adjective mute, which means (1) refraining from making sound or (2) silent.

Moot also has a verb definition—to bring up for debate—that is almost nonexistent in American English and rare in British English.

IamTheWinner

on wednesday jackpot will roll over 600 million, i am going to win. US FlagPartyWhite Bounce

Artist77's avatarArtist77

In the common phrase moot point, moot means (1) of no importance or (2) merely hypothetical. This is where moot most often gets confused with the adjective mute, which means (1) refraining from making sound or (2) silent.

Moot also has a verb definition—to bring up for debate—that is almost nonexistent in American English and rare in British English.

I am always amazed at the number of people who confuse the two terms, even well educated people. I was at a meeting years ago and heard a guy use the word mute and it took me 5 minutes to get what he meant...lol

Uff Da!'s avatarUff Da!

The difference between 30% and 50% of the cash value of this jackpot is roughly $46 million. And the taxes on that amount would be roughtly $18 million. I wouldn't call that a moot point.  Who do I think would make the best use of those millions - the federal government or the specific organizations to which I'd choose to donate.  Hmmmmmm, I wonder.

Tax considerations, though, should not be the main factor in deciding where to donate IMO.  It all depends upon one's objectives.  In reality, if I had the kind of money we are talking about here, I'd probably end up with a combination of donating through a community foundation, donating directly to specific 50% organizations that didn't meet the rules of the community foundation (e.g. not located specifically in this community), and setting up my own foundation for the rest.

Prob988

I don't remember ever seeing more than 2 winners for a PB jackpot.

It was a joke.

I was merely remarking on the fact that whenever a jackpot gets huge, many people make posts indicating that they are going to win it.   If everyone who says they are going to win the jackpot here actually did so, the jackpot would be small.

Goteki54's avatarGoteki54

The only reason why I didn't win the jackpot Saturday Night is because I am not ready to retire yet.Big Smile I might be ready to make an exception Wednesday Night though. I'll think about it.Big Smile

alexnt55

Quote: Originally posted by Romancandle on Aug 4, 2013

Will PB finally dethrone MM for the #1 lottery game jackpot of all time on this run???

Will have to roll Wed and roll agaian Saturday to beat the Mega JP record. Especially the cash value record which was 471 mill when the MM record was set. When the MM record was set the annuity value was 656 mill and the cash value was 471 mill which was almost 72% of the annuity. Right now there saying 400 mill annuity with cash value at 230 mill which is a little under 58% of the annuity. at that rate it would take an annuity of over 800 mill to break the cash record. Need to have 2 rollovers to get to that.

IamTheWinner

Quote: Originally posted by alexnt55 on Aug 4, 2013

Will have to roll Wed and roll agaian Saturday to beat the Mega JP record. Especially the cash value record which was 471 mill when the MM record was set. When the MM record was set the annuity value was 656 mill and the cash value was 471 mill which was almost 72% of the annuity. Right now there saying 400 mill annuity with cash value at 230 mill which is a little under 58% of the annuity. at that rate it would take an annuity of over 800 mill to break the cash record. Need to have 2 rollovers to get to that.

i think i this money enough for me. I am going to win it big.Wink

helpmewin's avatarhelpmewin

Good Luck to everyone

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Aug 4, 2013

Good Luck to everyone

Thumbs UpSee Ya!

Ronnie316

I've always heard that you make enemies, of your friends and relatives, if you win a monster jackpot, and decide to give them money. That they never ever think, that you gave them enough. Should you just give their share to charity, and tell them to just suck it up?

Thumbs UpTell them to buy a lottery ticket if they want to win the lottery.

Ronnie316

It would really suck thou if mega has another jackpot winner before pb...........

What difference will it make if the MM jackpot is $12 million or $20 million?

Current Jackpot - click for Jackpot Analysis

$20 Million 
Tue, Aug 6, 2013
Ronnie316

Simple.  At my age, I probably won't have long to worry about it.  Plus, I'll make it clear from the start that the bulk of the money will be going to charity.

Ok, then you do plan on being broke quite quickly. Nothing wrong with that if thats what you want. Im not on of those hard nosed "saver" people who think you should not spend your own money if you want to.

Knowing i probably won't win, I bought extra tickets just watch the sign change.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by Romancandle on Aug 4, 2013

I think it has about a 50/50 chance of rolling again.

noise-gate

The secret to keeping friends is not telling them you have come into money through a lottery win or otherwise. Just because you have friends does not mean nothing is off limits.
I never discuss my personal finances or sex with my friends & l don't expect them too either. Thinking your friends ought to know everything about you is a recipe for disaster.

Dance

diablo1714

Don't know why people get excited for large jackpots, it's not like your chance of winning is getting any better. Yes someone is gonna win, but that someone ain't gonna be you. Being optimistic is one thing, being realistic is another. So why get excited about money that's going in someone elses pocket who might be evil and not deserve it? You don't know the private life of these jackpot winners. Some old man might win and you might say "good for him" but what if he is really a child molester? or a serial killer? you never know. My advice in life is that when dealing with humans, always assume the worse. Some people say im overly negative, I call it being a realist.

Ronnie316

Green laughI did the same thing and bought an extra $20. in QPs.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Aug 4, 2013

The secret to keeping friends is not telling them you have come into money through a lottery win or otherwise. Just because you have friends does not mean nothing is off limits.
I never discuss my personal finances or sex with my friends & l don't expect them too either. Thinking your friends ought to know everything about you is a recipe for disaster.

Dance

Sounds like BS yet again noise (no offense) How in the world would your friends NOT know you won?

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by diablo1714 on Aug 4, 2013

Don't know why people get excited for large jackpots, it's not like your chance of winning is getting any better. Yes someone is gonna win, but that someone ain't gonna be you. Being optimistic is one thing, being realistic is another. So why get excited about money that's going in someone elses pocket who might be evil and not deserve it? You don't know the private life of these jackpot winners. Some old man might win and you might say "good for him" but what if he is really a child molester? or a serial killer? you never know. My advice in life is that when dealing with humans, always assume the worse. Some people say im overly negative, I call it being a realist.

That says it all.

Ronnie316

Oh yeah, and if cant talk about sex with your friends who can you talk about it with?

Anthony Smith

Thats pretty neat!!

There should be a ton of players for the next one.

I'll have to Share This Story for the Coupon-Codes-Bonus-Codes users.

They will just love the story.

Thanks for the Qaulity Stories LotteryPost.com people.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by Goteki54 on Aug 4, 2013

The only reason why I didn't win the jackpot Saturday Night is because I am not ready to retire yet.Big Smile I might be ready to make an exception Wednesday Night though. I'll think about it.Big Smile

Go for it. You can win and still not retire for a few years.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by Anthony Smith on Aug 4, 2013

Thats pretty neat!!

Welcome to LP. Someone will eventually win it. Lets hope you win and come back to tell us. Thumbs Up

RJOh's avatarRJOh

It's about time for someone to start a thread explaining to the rest of us that they have studied the PB drawings since '92 and is willing to share their knowledge with right person.

Anthony Smith

Does anybody know if there are stats or lines on for who the host will be.

Also what is that girls name? Lexa or Alexa?

I know the guys name is Sam. Thats the easy one.

We play a 'just for fun' guessing game at my contact site for "Who will tonight's host be"

click on my 'Name' to view my 'Member Info'

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Aug 4, 2013

It's about time for someone to start a thread explaining to the rest of us that they have studied the PB drawings since '92 and is willing to share their knowledge with right person.

I Agree! Its time someone smart enough to win steps forward.

Ronnie316

Good Luck to everyone

Thumbs Down

Anthony Smith

Oh yeah. I'll stop back over and post it if i win seven dollars.

LOL

Im generally not even that lucky. but hay "You Can't Win Powerball, Unless You Play Powerball"

noise-gate

Sounds like BS yet again noise (no offense) How in the world would your friends NOT know you won?

Its sounds like BS to you and the reason is you did not take the time to read what l wrote-  l said " do not discuss with friends", that is totally different from " how would they not know" statement of yours.
If they found out that l won, l gather that none of them would be asking me for money because they do not do so now.
Always shooting from the hip huh Ronnie ( no offense)
Poke

Ronnie316

We play a 'just for fun' guessing game at my contact site for "Who will tonight's host be"

I get all my information from USA MEGA.

http://www.usamega.com/

Quote: Originally posted by diablo1714 on Aug 4, 2013

"Some people say im overly negative"

I've never seen a optimistic Diablo.

Ronnie316

Its sounds like BS to you and the reason is you did not take the time to read what l wrote-  l said " do not discuss with friends", that is totally different from " how would they not know" statement of yours.
If they found out that l won, l gather that none of them would be asking me for money because they do not do so now.
Poke

In that case I will ask you for some money now please.........

And when you win you will be prepared to give me some, Right?

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Aug 4, 2013

"Some people say im overly negative"

I've never seen a optimistic Diablo.

Green laugh Now that would be a real trick. Yes Nod

noise-gate

In that case I will ask you for some money now please.........

And when you win you will be prepared to give me some, Right?

For you Ronnie- always.You such a fun guy.

Ronnie316

I dont think posting links to other Forums is acceptable behavior. You may find yourself without an avatar.

Ronnie316

For you Ronnie- always.You such a fun guy.

Green laughThanks, as long as I'm on the first of your list of philanthropic activities I'm good with that.

Ronnie316

Poke

Thumbs Up 

I never get offended. Even when people pray with all their heart for me to get run over by a car.

Ronnie316

Good Luck to everyone

Thumbs Down

realtorjim

All available employees please report to Sporting Goods for clean-up in aisles 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12...

Chair

Ronnie316

Thank goodness Thrifty is still alive and well to make a wager on the big $400 million PB jackpot.

$400 MILLION: Powerball jackpot skyrockets

8 members gave this topic an average rating of 5 out of 5

Member Rating
tnlotto1 5 stars
PrinceRene 5 stars
hearsetrax 5 stars
wizeguy 5 stars
Ronnie316 5 stars
THRIFTY 5 stars
Piaceri 5 stars
Kee12 5 stars
realtorjim

Not to worry.. After MegaMillions changes the jackpot winning odds in October NOBODY may ever win again!

Thumbs Down

her name is Alexa Fuentes, the name of the guy is Sam Arlen.

realtorjim

Dance

Finances I understand, but not discussing Sex with a friend... I mean a true friend.  I mean who are you gonna brag to?  I can't imagine... but of course money... screw them scum suckin' greedy wal-mart shoppers, and if my friend tells others about my sex life because I didn't cut him in... welllll, I am sure I can find people who know people who...

Thud

noise-gate

Thumbs Up 

I never get offended. Even when people pray with all their heart for me to get run over by a car.

I wonder why- l mean there are times you take BS to a whole new level but l can live with that. .

realtorjim

Friends... what friends...

Cool

realtorjim

I will win the lottery in a HUGE way!

Lep

mightwin's avatarmightwin

Quote: Originally posted by realtorjim on Aug 4, 2013

Not to worry.. After MegaMillions changes the jackpot winning odds in October NOBODY may ever win again!

Thumbs Down

We will probably see the worlds first billion dollar jackpot with mega, I guess they want to see if they can beat the number of rollovers as ohio's classic lotto has.  When was the last time that was won?, seems like forever ago.... lol

realtorjim

Quote: Originally posted by mightwin on Aug 4, 2013

We will probably see the worlds first billion dollar jackpot with mega, I guess they want to see if they can beat the number of rollovers as ohio's classic lotto has.  When was the last time that was won?, seems like forever ago.... lol

Ohio Classic odds 1 in 13,983,816

Current Mega Millions Odds 1 in 175,000,711,536

New Mega Millions Odds 1 in 258.9+ MILLION

An increase of over 50%.

By comparison the Powerball odds are 1 in 175,223,510, almost equal to the current Mega Millions.

Ohio Classic hasn't been hit forever, however the buying pool is much smaller. 

Yes the Mega Millions jackpots will be substancially more because of the astronimical odds.

Yes someone will on occassion win, but remember that word occassionally.

And look out when they do.  With someone winning a $1,000,000,000 (one billion) every whacko that thinks they have a shot of capitalizing will be looking to steal, kidnap, swindle, befriend, and have worldly investments if there safeguards to protect identity are not put in place within every State.

Coin Toss's avatarCoin Toss

It's really quite entertaining that the same people who swore they were going to win it in the $290M thread and the $300M thread are now making the same claim in the $400M thread.

Green laugh

realtorjim,

Good points in your last paragraph above. Some here honestly believe that they could win a world record jackpot, "blab it to the rabbit", and they wouldn't have to worry about being approached by skids, winos, mooches, leeches, Al Qaeda, etc........

Uff Da!'s avatarUff Da!

Ok, then you do plan on being broke quite quickly. Nothing wrong with that if thats what you want. Im not on of those hard nosed "saver" people who think you should not spend your own money if you want to.

No, sonny, I would definitely not be broke quickly.  Since I was able to retire in my early fifties and live quite nicely off my investments since then, I think I should be quite capable of determining how much I would need to live the way I choose to live for what remaining years I have left in my old age.  And had you taken any of the personal finance classes I taught, you might have learned a few tricks yourself.  Cheers!

bluefox10's avatarbluefox10

The new Mega Million format will be very reminiscent of the Ohio Classic; absolutely no winners in a year or more. Teach the people running Mega Millions a lesson; boycott the game.

CLETU$

Quote: Originally posted by bluefox10 on Aug 4, 2013

The new Mega Million format will be very reminiscent of the Ohio Classic; absolutely no winners in a year or more. Teach the people running Mega Millions a lesson; boycott the game.

I Agree!   Thats my plan.I'm only one person,though.It will take millions of people to teach them a lesson.

haymaker's avatarhaymaker

I'll buy my usual 2 draw ticket w/PP on Tues. along w/my other regular Tix.

Quote: Originally posted by alexnt55 on Aug 4, 2013

Given that the cash values of these current jackpots are lower than previous years does taking the annuity payments become more attractive. I know most people always take the cash option but it seems as if the cash option is getting lower and lower with respect to the current jackpot(annuity) to cash ratio. .........

realtorjim

Quote: Originally posted by CLETU$ on Aug 4, 2013

I Agree!   Thats my plan.I'm only one person,though.It will take millions of people to teach them a lesson.

I understand your sentiment Cletu$, however skyrocketed jackpots will draw the players.  And even though I certainly disagree with the greed driven changes in the MegaMillions lottery I am sure I will still play (partially due to greed on my part) when the jackpot is huge, which after a couples of months will be every drawing.  I do plan to cut down, however, on the number of tickets I purchase.  I just need to keep reiterating to myself it only takes one to win, and only buy one ticket. 

Bang Head

realtorjim

Given that the cash values of these current jackpots are lower than previous years does taking the annuity payments become more attractive. I know most people always take the cash option but it seems as if the cash option is getting lower and lower with respect to the current jackpot(annuity) to cash ratio. .........

Though I am not an attorney nor a CPA and therefore certainly am not offering legal or financial advice, a downfall can be when an annuity recipient dies.  Taxes on the entire remaining amount can become due immediately, even though the amount still has many years of payouts remaining.  If this is the latter years it may not be a problem but if someone dies in the early years it could become a nightmare.  Before someone says but you can... yes, trusts can be set up to claim the prize possibly, etc. but not all states allow this, and you as the recipient give up control of the trust to another in those states that do allow it.  Cash is Cash, and if you blow it, that is your mistake.  But at least it was your mistake to make, and not given to the IRS.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Thats pretty neat!!

Spam.Spam

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Spama-lama Spam

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Oh yeah. I'll stop back over and post it if i win seven dollars.

LOL

Im generally not even that lucky. but hay "You Can't Win Powerball, Unless You Play Powerball"

Spama-lama-ding-dong Spam

Coin Toss's avatarCoin Toss

bluefox10, CLETU$,

It's a nice thought but will never happen, and those running Mega Millions know it.

A lot of people here on LP swore they would boycott Powerball when it went from $1 to $2. Guess who some of the people are posting in the PB jackpot fever threads?

Scared

If a lottery did a marketing test and offered a "No one can win this lottery so don't buy a ticket" promotion people would still buy tickets for it.

Piaceri

Don't know about you, but I don't "share" with the govt. They confiscate what they think is fair with no regard for my opinion. On the other hand, I do share with the govt when I purchase items that are sales taxable. My choice, not theirs.

Single ticket winner = one winning ticket holder. Like Gloria MacKenzie. Single Ticket Winner. Makes the greed of envy folks' heads explode.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Though I am not an attorney nor a CPA and therefore certainly am not offering legal or financial advice, a downfall can be when an annuity recipient dies.  Taxes on the entire remaining amount can become due immediately, even though the amount still has many years of payouts remaining.  If this is the latter years it may not be a problem but if someone dies in the early years it could become a nightmare.  Before someone says but you can... yes, trusts can be set up to claim the prize possibly, etc. but not all states allow this, and you as the recipient give up control of the trust to another in those states that do allow it.  Cash is Cash, and if you blow it, that is your mistake.  But at least it was your mistake to make, and not given to the IRS.

If you read the Q & A section of their website that situation is addressed.  The remaining part of your annuity is paid in a lump sum to your estate allowing the family to settle any tax claims.

realtorjim

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on Aug 4, 2013

bluefox10, CLETU$,

It's a nice thought but will never happen, and those running Mega Millions know it.

A lot of people here on LP swore they would boycott Powerball when it went from $1 to $2. Guess who some of the people are posting in the PB jackpot fever threads?

Scared

If a lottery did a marketing test and offered a "No one can win this lottery so don't buy a ticket" promotion people would still buy tickets for it.

I Agree!

You mentioned a lottery where no one can win... where can I get a ticket for that?

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Before PB and BigGame became available in neighboring states, Ohio had almost the same matrix with its Super Lotto Plus game (6/49 +1) and jackpots of $40M+ never went more than a month before being won because players from the neighboring states regularly came to Ohio to play.  If Classic Lotto had the same number of players today, it would be won in 3-4 drawings.

MegaMillions with its new matrix of 5/75 + 1/15 will have players from 42 states and they won't have to travel out of state to play.

miracleplay5's avatarmiracleplay5

I am not asking for the name of the site but isnt there a site where one can wager whether or not there will be a jackpot winner on Wednesday?

Masone

I said I would be back when the jackpot got this high again, and here I am! Still dreaming about that full on movie theater in my house. You guys ever watch "Million Dollar Rooms" by HGTV? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMIXRGS7z7w

That show has brought me over to the "design your own house" side.

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

I saw this on ABC News.

The other "secret" was that majority of jp winning tickets are quick picks. But they added that close to 80% of the players do quick picks.

DisplacedLurker

No. Regardless of what the cash value percentage is, the annuity option always poses fundamental problems if you were to take it: You're betting on the fact that you'll live out those 26 (MM) or 30 (PB) years that the MUSL pays out to you and if interest rates will be in your favor at the end of the last payment. 

It's not a matter of you not receiving your entire winnings if you die; the MUSL will pay it out to your estate as RJoh mentions, but it won't be in a one time lump sum as they'll continue to pay by their schedule the ones inheriting your estate. The problem is your heirs will be paying the tax at the end of the year on the entire amount of your proposed jackpot winnings and will most likely not have enough to pay it until the money rolls in. Not a pleasant burden to leave on your heirs, but if you're dead, you may not care. 

Then there is the matter of interest rates and inflation. The lottery uses the US Treasury bonds and notes to fund for the annuity jackpot amount which you would be subjected to for 26/30 years. That means that you'd waste time into making a profit because there are stocks, even AAA rated stocks, that have higher interest rates right now and are on the same level of safety as the US Treasury. Regardless of where your stance is on this, though, the bottom line is: You'd be trusting the MUSL to grow your money for you when you could be doing a better job yourself or, if you don't want to worry about it, you could hire a more personalized team of financial advisors to do the work for you. Either way, you'll probably have more money in the end once those annuities expire than the person who chose the annuity. You are also risking losing money if the US Treasury has rates below the rate of inflation. This, like the above, may not be a concern for you though, because you'll probably live way below your means with a jackpot this size.

What will concern you though is that, well, just because you receive the annuity payments doesn't mean your financial situation will get any better than if you were to receive the cash option. Some people are leery about receiving such a huge winfall because they are afraid of blowing through it and think the annuity option will help them exercise control, but that is dependent on the person in the end. Those who don't have self control will burn through it by using credit and making large purchases beforehand, sitting on the cushion that their annuity paycheck will come the following year. And really, that's no better than what most Americans go through everyday, and why play the lottery if you just want to repeat the life you already live?The only time living on an annuity might be worth anything is if the jackpot size makes annuity payments lower than the highest income bracket (39.6%), like if it was a 2 million jackpot. You may have some savings there, but even then, you are risking all of the above. 

Honestly, I'd get the cash option, invest it myself, and live off the interest. That's just me; I'd want to watch it grow and establish permanent wealth for generations. Now, even if you didn't want to do any financial planning and wanted to blow it all, might as well go for the huge sum of money now than using credit to bank on it later. The take home message here is: Cash is flexible as you are, while annuities are not. You decide how to spend your money rather than another organization bottlenecking you.

FrankBurns

Anybody know what the winning numbers are going to be?

DisplacedLurker

I don't mean to double post, especially with the same quote, but I didn't want to make the above wall of text any longer than it was, lol! Sorry guys, usually, I'm lurking in the shadows, but love reading this website.Embarassed

The reason why the cash values are lower right now has to do with the fact that the pooled cash for both PB and MM are relying on the US Treasuries, and for the passed some months to almost a year, the interest rate on those have steadily increased. For awhile, when interest rates were insidiously low, MM and PB were touting almost 74 and 64 percents respectively. 

On one hand, you get less cash now with the higher interest rates than those who played before, but the value and buying power of those dollars will be worth more if you invest wisely the next time interest rates take a nose dive. You sell then, and it's ka-ching! Big Grin It's all relative and it's up to the person to make the most of it.

realtorjim

Quote: Originally posted by FrankBurns on Aug 4, 2013

Yes, they are the numbers that will appear on my winning Powerball ticket.  They will  be revealed on Wednesday night at approximately 11 PM so stay tuned.  The jackpot will also jump another 10 or 12 mil between now and then. 

Poke

No offense intended, just a few chuckles.

FrankBurns

Yes, they are the numbers that will appear on my winning Powerball ticket.  They will  be revealed on Wednesday night at approximately 11 PM so stay tuned.  The jackpot will also jump another 10 or 12 mil between now and then. 

Poke

No offense intended, just a few chuckles.

Since you are going to win> tell me what your numbers are so we can both winLOL

DisplacedLurker

I admit, it's hilarious that the new high jackpot mark is now roughly two times the amount of what it used to be, in what, like, less than two years? LOL Curious to see how far this one will go. Wishing for a single winner and good luck to those playing! I think I'll finally shell out two bucks to play for this draw, since three is all I have to my name at the moment, lol. Although, the Florida Lotto is calling my name right now at 47 million. I think those in Ohio are understanding my conflict right now, ha ha. At least there is time until Wednesday. 

So, in the mean time, I say, let the good times roll! Cool

FrankBurns

If you show me your Fortune Cookie I'll show you mine

realtorjim

Since you are going to win> tell me what your numbers are so we can both winLOL

Fair enough, I'm not a hog, just a pig.  The numbers are:

œ ω Õ ñ ð PB Π. 

Dang computer not printing numbers correctly again... let me work on this thing.

Type

realtorjim

Quote: Originally posted by FrankBurns on Aug 5, 2013

If you show me your Fortune Cookie I'll show you mine

Dammit, I already ate it!

FrankBurns

What's the Exchange Rate for the BangKok Lotto?

realtorjim

What's the Exchange Rate for the BangKok Lotto?

for $400,000,000 US it would be Thailand $12,534,744,000 THB

And warning for those who may try to check the Bangkok lotto... A certain link contains a virus that tries to download.

FrankBurns

Quote: Originally posted by realtorjim on Aug 5, 2013

Dammit, I already ate it!

Mine Says:

We Tu Lo

Sum Ting Wong

Ho Le Fuk

Bang Ching Ow>>>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's your turn Now!!

FrankBurns

Woman Who fly upside down in Airplane=?

gogidolim

Mine Says:

We Tu Lo

Sum Ting Wong

Ho Le Fuk

Bang Ching Ow>>>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's your turn Now!!

Good to be in Texas, sucks to work for a TV station near San Francisco. Big Smile

gogidolim

Ah...I've been thinking. What would I do if I win?

Well, this will raise some eyebrows. But here it goes. I don't wanna buy a new car.

lottoguysocal's avatarlottoguysocal

Quote: Originally posted by gogidolim on Aug 5, 2013

Ah...I've been thinking. What would I do if I win?

Well, this will raise some eyebrows. But here it goes. I don't wanna buy a new car.

traveling is in my near future, besides helping out with more charities, that's all I can really see myself doing

RJOh's avatarRJOh

A lot of members think they might know as evidenced by their posts on the prediction board.  I however think their predictions aren't likely to have the 5+1 winning combination since in the past their best have been either a 2+1 or 3+0.

Ronnie316

Simple, just play 100k lines and you will have a 1 in 39 chance of hitting 5+0. Then pick the bonus number.

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

Here are some numbers that I will be playing on Wednesday night. You are very welcome to play these if you like, anyone else can also play these numbers too. This is how I came up with these numbers. I get a sheet of paper and write down all the PB numbers on one sheet and write down the red PB numbers on another sheet, you will have to write them small so they will fall out the bottle when you shake it. I cut each number out and fold it up real small and put the numbers in a big medicine bottles. I get two big medicine bottles, cut an opening in the top of each bottle, just enough to let the numbers fall out the top of the bottle. I shake each one to let 5 numbers fall out for the PB numbers, write them down and put the numbers back in the bottle for the next time, then I get the Red PB number bottle and shake out just one number out. Then write it down, put it back in bottle for the next drawing. I do have several sets of numbers that I have already drawn out from months ago. I have played some of them, but not all because it will get expensive to play all at one time, so I break them down and just play two rows of them. There are some I have not played yet, but I will be putting down a set of numbers that I will be shaking out today. Here is what I shook out....1-3-14-28-35+8  Here are some of the other numbers from my pill bottle from a couple months ago. 3-13-21-35-43+3...11-24-27-46-48+17.....11-15-20-27-42+2....15-18-20-30-35+22...3-10-22-25-55+21...2-6-11-40-41+24...7-9-12-27-37+24...2-3-12-16-35+17...1-9-19-30-33+30.. Here is a fortune cookie number if you want to play it too. I have played it on occasion, but y'all are welcome to play it....8-14-23-28-31+35 I will be playing only the first number I got out today, can't afford the rest to play on a ticket. 22.00 dollars!!! Wish I could, because this is once in a life time it gets this high...Wishing you all good luck, keep these numbers and play them anytime you wish!! I don't get to play but 10 dollars worth of tickets, cause I have birthday numbers and anniversary numbers I have to play all the time. Thats why I don't get to play all these numbers, maybe one here or there. Good Luck everyone!!!! May the force be with you!!!!

Ronnie316

Thumbs Up I play $10. worth too, except I will play it over and over several times this week. Green laugh

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Aug 5, 2013

Thumbs Up I play $10. worth too, except I will play it over and over several times this week. Green laugh

are them gonna be your own numbers or QUICK PICKS What?

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

Hey Ron! How you been doing?  I can't afford to do that! 5 draws for 50 bucks, would be good, you never know when the number will hit you! GOOD LUCK!!

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Aug 5, 2013

are them gonna be your own numbers or QUICK PICKS What?

I have my regular $10. self picks......... and so far $20. worth of QPs that Im sharing with a friend.....

But its only Monday so theres plenty of time to buy more tickets.

Quote: Originally posted by rock_nc on Aug 5, 2013

Here are some numbers that I will be playing on Wednesday night. You are very welcome to play these if you like, anyone else can also play these numbers too. This is how I came up with these numbers. I get a sheet of paper and write down all the PB numbers on one sheet and write down the red PB numbers on another sheet, you will have to write them small so they will fall out the bottle when you shake it. I cut each number out and fold it up real small and put the numbers in a big medicine bottles. I get two big medicine bottles, cut an opening in the top of each bottle, just enough to let the numbers fall out the top of the bottle. I shake each one to let 5 numbers fall out for the PB numbers, write them down and put the numbers back in the bottle for the next time, then I get the Red PB number bottle and shake out just one number out. Then write it down, put it back in bottle for the next drawing. I do have several sets of numbers that I have already drawn out from months ago. I have played some of them, but not all because it will get expensive to play all at one time, so I break them down and just play two rows of them. There are some I have not played yet, but I will be putting down a set of numbers that I will be shaking out today. Here is what I shook out....1-3-14-28-35+8  Here are some of the other numbers from my pill bottle from a couple months ago. 3-13-21-35-43+3...11-24-27-46-48+17.....11-15-20-27-42+2....15-18-20-30-35+22...3-10-22-25-55+21...2-6-11-40-41+24...7-9-12-27-37+24...2-3-12-16-35+17...1-9-19-30-33+30.. Here is a fortune cookie number if you want to play it too. I have played it on occasion, but y'all are welcome to play it....8-14-23-28-31+35 I will be playing only the first number I got out today, can't afford the rest to play on a ticket. 22.00 dollars!!! Wish I could, because this is once in a life time it gets this high...Wishing you all good luck, keep these numbers and play them anytime you wish!! I don't get to play but 10 dollars worth of tickets, cause I have birthday numbers and anniversary numbers I have to play all the time. Thats why I don't get to play all these numbers, maybe one here or there. Good Luck everyone!!!! May the force be with you!!!!

looks like some good numbers Thanks for sharing Thumbs Up

Ronnie316

Hey Ron! How you been doing?  I can't afford to do that! 5 draws for 50 bucks, would be good, you never know when the number will hit you! GOOD LUCK!!

Awesome rock, thanks for all the FB posts. I always enjoy them. Bring home the big PB winner Wed. night.

Ronnie316

Them B some winners. Thumbs Up

I have my regular $10. self picks......... and so far $20. worth of QPs that Im sharing with a friend.....

i think i will get me $4.00

Buy 2 Powerball® plays & get a FREE Quick Draw*!

August 4 - August 10 White Bounce

Good Luck to you

Ronnie316

Powerball

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

Y'all are welcome!! Would be nice if they will come out and win, then we all will be sharing the jackpot!! how cool would that be, to get to meet all who would win off thses numbers! I'm only playing the set I shook out, so good luck on the rest if you all should play them!!!

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

Them B some winners. Thumbs Up

I sure hope at least one set are winners!! I'm only playing the set I pulled out on Wednesday!! Good Luck to you Ron!!!

Ronnie316

Y'all are welcome!! Would be nice if they will come out and win, then we all will be sharing the jackpot!! how cool would that be, to get to meet all who would win off thses numbers! I'm only playing the set I shook out, so good luck on the rest if you all should play them!!!

I like the idea of shared numbers, I tried to promoted it on LP for a while but only myself and one other member play the same numbers every draw. Bring home a winner rock.

Ronnie316

I sure hope at least one set are winners!! I'm only playing the set I pulled out on Wednesday!! Good Luck to you Ron!!!

Thanks again, I hope you win too......... Powerball

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

I like the idea of shared numbers, I tried to promoted it on LP for a while but only myself and one other member play the same numbers every draw. Bring home a winner rock.

Yea!! I still have the numbers you posted awhile back! I have not played in awhile though!! Guess I need to dig them back out and maybe play a set of them on Wednesday night!!!

Ronnie316

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by lottoguysocal on Aug 5, 2013

traveling is in my near future, besides helping out with more charities, that's all I can really see myself doing

I could think of a few places to visit.

$400 MILLION: Powerball jackpot skyrocketsDance

Ronnie316

Powerball

why wait Hat no better time than the present

Powerball

Party

Ronnie316

why wait Hat no better time than the present

IMA go to FL in Nov. and CA in Jan. Troll

IMA go to FL in Nov. and CA in Jan. Troll

Party

Ronnie316

Party

Lottery players R winners helpmewin plays D lottery.

Due to the PB frenzy, i heard Clerks were required to take a 8 hour course to control Line Cutters. Lets see if it works.

NoelGoofJack-in-the-BoxHippyLepBlue AngelCoolSpamRed Devil   

realtorjim

$400 MILLION: Powerball jackpot skyrocketsDance

With the lump sum cash it drops to $230,300,000 and then take out 25% federal taxes at the time of claiming drops it to $172,725,000 and of course take out the state tax briinging it down to $164,894,800 (Indiana), plus the additional end of year federal tax of 14% plummeting it to an approximate of only $134 MILLION in my pocket.

I don't want people to be disillussioned and and think I have all kinds of money, otherwise they would be hounding me.

money bagmoney bagmoney bagmore money bags

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Aug 5, 2013

Due to the PB frenzy, i heard Clerks were required to take a 8 hour course to control Line Cutters. Lets see if it works.

I have been practicing cutting in line. Yesterday I cut in line and got my regular tickets and realized it didn't matter that I cut in line because no QPs were being purchased. 

Bang Head  Hurray!  Green laugh  Argue  Argue

Jon D's avatarJon D

Very funny! Yeah, we don't want a repeat of last time:

NoelGoofJack-in-the-BoxHippyLepBlue AngelCoolSpamEvil Looking       Mad Banana
Mindy .   Gloria
Ronnie316

Yea!! I still have the numbers you posted awhile back! I have not played in awhile though!! Guess I need to dig them back out and maybe play a set of them on Wednesday night!!!

Nice work. Im still playing them every draw. This is an old photo but you can see line nuber 2 is the shared line that others play alone on.......

realtorjim

Quote: Originally posted by Jon D on Aug 5, 2013

Very funny! Yeah, we don't want a repeat of last time:

NoelGoofJack-in-the-BoxHippyLepBlue AngelCoolSpamEvil Looking       Mad Banana
Mindy .   Gloria

Hey guys, I am in the back of the line and I've got to get back to the pole.  The elves are threatening to strike, the reindeer need fed, and the Ms. is having all kinds of problems with the naughty nice list, not to mention my sleigh is parked in a tow zone.  I was wondering, if you guys don't mind, if I could just...

Big Grin Santa

Hey guys, I am in the back of the line and I've got to get back to the pole.  The elves are threatening to strike, the reindeer need fed, and the Ms. is having all kinds of problems with the naughty nice list, not to mention my sleigh is parked in a tow zone.  I was wondering, if you guys don't mind, if I could just...

Big Grin Santa

Realtorjim. Having the right spot in line to get a winning ticket is like selling a house. Location,Location,Location.

diablo1714

I would love to see a new highest jackpot ever but the way I understand it that is impossible once the jackpot gets this large because every possible combination gets played, am I right?

realtorjim

Realtorjim. Having the right spot in line to get a winning ticket is like selling a house. Location,Location,Location.

So true.  You know that spot behind me has been vacant for a while and I bet I could put you in it for a little of nothing... but you'd better hurry because that can of Spam has been on the lurk and is seriously considering that very spot, and the word is getting out to the others also...  Can we go ahead and get the jump and make it happen...

Lurking

realtorjim

vault

Just stack it whereever.

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

Quote: Originally posted by diablo1714 on Aug 5, 2013

I would love to see a new highest jackpot ever but the way I understand it that is impossible once the jackpot gets this large because every possible combination gets played, am I right?

No. As a practical matter it's virtualy impossible for every combination to be played. The more combinations they use the lower the chances of the next ticket using a combination that wasn't already used. If all combinations were generated randomly, selling 90% of the combinations would requires selling about 400 million tickets, which is well beyond the current sales record. If they did manage to sell 90%, only 1 out of every 10 sold after that would be an unused combination. Since combinations arean't all chosen randomly, the number of combinations used is soemewhat less than  from pure random selection.

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

I will win the lottery in a HUGE way!

Lep

I predict that you will lose in a very mundane fashion.

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

Nice work. Im still playing them every draw. This is an old photo but you can see line nuber 2 is the shared line that others play alone on.......

Hey! Thanks for posting your numbers again! Could not find mine that I had copied down! Yea, the 2nd line B does look like some powerful numbers to play! Will jot these down again and put them in a safe place, so I can play them again. I might break bad and buy an extra 2 dollar ticket with line B on it only!! Have a good day and Good Luck!! Thanks for re-posting them too!!!

FrankBurns

There is still enough time to find a VOO DOO Evil Witch Doctor

Nikkicute's avatarNikkicute

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Aug 4, 2013

Exactly what I was thinking.

That was fast!!

It's official, these $400m - $500m jackpots are going to become the norm nowYes Nod

I can't believe it went up that quick by that much!!

Nikkicute's avatarNikkicute

Quote: Originally posted by BuyLow on Aug 4, 2013

I'm going to see how many people at Publix I can slide in front of...

Jack-in-the-BoxPartyJack-in-the-BoxParty

Green laughhey, it worked before

Hey Ronnie how long have you been playing these numbers.....

Powerball #13 has not fell since November 2012. It might be falling on Wednesday. Hopefully it brings 19,23,31,47,56 with it Naughty

Powerball

Draw # Draw Date Winning # Powerball Jackpot Amt Jackpot Winners Where sold Power Play
291 11/14/2012 08-10-30-44-58 13 $187.4 Million

golfer1960's avatargolfer1960

Ronnie, you're playing QP's now? Wow!!

Saylorgirl's avatarSaylorgirl

i think i will get me $4.00

August 4 - August 10 White Bounce

Good Luck to you

I bought my 2 powerball plays yesterday on the 4th and I did not get my free quick draw.  I asked the cashier and she said several others had asked about it but it didn't print it out.  I felt so cheated!  Hope you got yours!

I splurged and bought 5 lines (on one ticket) yesterday because I found a lucky penny in the road.  Wink

Today my fortune cookie said "You will have some wonderful new experiences."  Well, I've never won a jackpot before, so I'm SURE that's what the new experience will be!!!  So I bought another single QP based on that promise.

Quote: Originally posted by Saylorgirl on Aug 5, 2013

I bought my 2 powerball plays yesterday on the 4th and I did not get my free quick draw.  I asked the cashier and she said several others had asked about it but it didn't print it out.  I felt so cheated!  Hope you got yours!

Please call your state lottery office (or email) and tell them.  They need to figure out if the machine is malfunctioning, or if the cashier is nabbing the tickets for themselves, and fix it.

CLETU$

Is this Promotion in every state?

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

With the lump sum cash it drops to $230,300,000 and then take out 25% federal taxes at the time of claiming drops it to $172,725,000 and of course take out the state tax briinging it down to $164,894,800 (Indiana), plus the additional end of year federal tax of 14% plummeting it to an approximate of only $134 MILLION in my pocket.

I don't want people to be disillussioned and and think I have all kinds of money, otherwise they would be hounding me.

money bagmoney bagmoney bagmore money bags

RJ:

Psyko $TINK$>>>Powerball is RIGGED DancePartyDance

U will have 2 win it 2 disprove Psyko!

Jester LaughJack-in-the-BoxJester Laugh

RJOh's avatarRJOh

I have been practicing cutting in line. Yesterday I cut in line and got my regular tickets and realized it didn't matter that I cut in line because no QPs were being purchased. 

Bang Head  Hurray!  Green laugh  Argue  Argue

Some folks are standing near the counter and telling lottery tickets buyers to go ahead.  They're hoping someone buys the winner and they can claim they cut in front of them.  They figure the chances of that happening are a lot better than them buying the winner and a lot cheaper too.

Argue

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by psykomo on Aug 5, 2013

RJ:

I wILL dISpROVE D gREAT 

Psyko                 

D $tink iZ iN D puddING.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Aug 5, 2013

Some folks are standing near the counter and telling lottery tickets buyers to go ahead.  They're hoping someone buys the winner and they can claim they cut in front of them.  They figure the chances of that happening are a lot better than them buying the winner and a lot cheaper too.

Argue

I don't think it will work... Gloria's cut was acknowledge by 3 people and then she cleansed her filthy  conscience of its firth at the press conference.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by CLETU$ on Aug 5, 2013

I prefer to pay for all the tickets I get.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by HoLeeKau on Aug 5, 2013

I splurged and bought 5 lines (on one ticket) yesterday because I found a lucky penny in the road.  Wink

Today my fortune cookie said "You will have some wonderful new experiences."  Well, I've never won a jackpot before, so I'm SURE that's what the new experience will be!!!  So I bought another single QP based on that promise.

Was the penny heads up, or tails up?

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by maringoman on Aug 5, 2013

Powerball #13 has not fell since November 2012. It might be falling on Wednesday. Hopefully it brings 19,23,31,47,56 with it Naughty

Powerball

Draw # Draw Date Winning # Powerball Jackpot Amt Jackpot Winners Where sold Power Play
291 11/14/2012 08-10-30-44-58 13 $187.4 Million

IMA rootin for all 6 of those numbers to hit at the same time. I have no doubts that it will happen.

Ronnie316

Naughty

Piaceri

Naughty

White Bounce

realtorjim

RJ:

If my winning is what it takes to change your take on the Powerball Psyko, then it will be well worth it... for your sake of course!

Powerball $400 million!! Sweet Dreams Everybody!

sweet lottery dreams

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

If my winning is what it takes to change your take on the Powerball Psyko, then it will be well worth it... for your sake of course!

RJ:

Don't take R plan UR>>>>>>>>>>>vacation "YET"!!

but>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> When U "WIN"!!

Psyko would play     DrumJack-in-the-BoxDrum   UR celebration 4>FREE 

realtorjim

RJ:

Don't take R plan UR>>>>>>>>>>>vacation "YET"!!

but>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> When U "WIN"!!

Psyko would play     DrumJack-in-the-BoxDrum   UR celebration 4>FREE 

Good advice Psyko, but I think it is okay to plan it, just NOT book it~

And thanks for the offer, a gig just may be coming up!

Thumbs Up

Six balls

Some guy let me go ahead of him when I bought my ticket tonight! Clearly this means I need to hurry up and retain my lawyer, financial advisor and ... What's the other person you have to get when you win? Anyway, that one. BRB, getting my team together!

White Bounce

mrunlucky1's avatarmrunlucky1

Jackpot or no Jackpot......just let me win something!! oh yeah, GOOD LUCK to all participators!

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by HoLeeKau on Aug 5, 2013

Not every penny laying in the road is lucky.  If you spent ten dollars for every penny you found in the road, you could end up lucky and broke.

It's an Hoosier (Indiana) lottery promotion!

My Dream Kitchen!!

dream kitchen

dream kitchen

dream kitchen

dream kitchen

realtorjim

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Aug 5, 2013

My Dream Kitchen!!

dream kitchen

dream kitchen

dream kitchen

dream kitchen

Thumbs Up

FrankBurns

what model of mobile home is that?

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I don't know about that one but Virginia has the $50,000 SUMMER CASH BASH promotion going until September 2nd.

You get an entry ticket when you buy $10 worth of Powerball or MegaMillions.

There's a drawing every 2 weeks in which 20 people win a $500 Visa Card.

And in the final drawing on September 3rd, someone will win the $50,000 and all the entries remain eligible for that.

I love the Virginia Lottery.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Aug 5, 2013

My Dream Kitchen!!

dream kitchen

dream kitchen

dream kitchen

dream kitchen

It ain't a dream kitchen 'til you get a bottle o' Jack on that bar next to that Johnnie Walker.

realtorjim

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Aug 5, 2013

It ain't a dream kitchen 'til you get a bottle o' Jack on that bar next to that Johnnie Walker.

You're vision is 20/20 (eyesight) and your vision is also 20/20 (mind sight).  Can you design me a house around this?

JD light

what model of mobile home is that?

I believe that kitchen comes with the GT model. Up here we call mobile homes storage containers with windows.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

You're vision is 20/20 (eyesight) and your vision is also 20/20 (mind sight).  Can you design me a house around this?

JD light

Heh,heh,heh, they oughta call that a Tennessee Chandelier.

i'm interested to know, home or abroad?  for me i'd go from coast to coast visiting most historical places and national parks, spend some time out in the desert and then travel abroad.  you know where my avatar is from?

I Agree! Saylorgirl but they said they will fix it by the 5th and that they are sorry for the inconvenience.

Good Luck on your tickets

CLETU$

It's an Hoosier (Indiana) lottery promotion!

Thank you.

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Aug 6, 2013

I Agree! Saylorgirl but they said they will fix it by the 5th and that they are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks and good luck to you!

nitro77's avatarnitro77

Just for the record:

Is there any way to claim the Jackpot in Florida anonymously for example via a trustee or something? Google says you must claim in person.

I know you can cover yourself at the photo with glasses, fake beard but when the whole world knows your name it's not that good.

In Europe you can allways claim anonymously the Euromillions, which I think is the way it should be. Of Course some stupid British couple went to the press after winning 185 Millions Euros cash free, for the glory, but they regret it.

schmuckatelly's avatarschmuckatelly

I'm winning tomorrow night!!!! When I went to Publix last night after I walked thru the main door, and into the "enter" door, the guy that was behind me used the "exit" door and beat me to the customer service counter! He didn't buy tickets tho, he was there for something else and was only about 45 seconds (about the same time that it is consumed buying quickpicks)

Quote: Originally posted by nitro77 on Aug 6, 2013

Just for the record:

Is there any way to claim the Jackpot in Florida anonymously for example via a trustee or something? Google says you must claim in person.

I know you can cover yourself at the photo with glasses, fake beard but when the whole world knows your name it's not that good.

In Europe you can allways claim anonymously the Euromillions, which I think is the way it should be. Of Course some stupid British couple went to the press after winning 185 Millions Euros cash free, for the glory, but they regret it.

You can claim as a trustee I believe

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by schmuckatelly on Aug 6, 2013

I'm winning tomorrow night!!!! When I went to Publix last night after I walked thru the main door, and into the "enter" door, the guy that was behind me used the "exit" door and beat me to the customer service counter! He didn't buy tickets tho, he was there for something else and was only about 45 seconds (about the same time that it is consumed buying quickpicks)

I usually take that as a bad Oman and just leave with my money. I hope it works and you win it all. Thumbs Up

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by lottoguysocal on Aug 6, 2013

i'm interested to know, home or abroad?  for me i'd go from coast to coast visiting most historical places and national parks, spend some time out in the desert and then travel abroad.  you know where my avatar is from?

Its Atlantis Dubai. (I did a google image search) LOL Here is another look. 

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by lottoguysocal on Aug 6, 2013

I would pick something like Queenstown from a list and just go there. http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Destinations-cTop-g8

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Aug 6, 2013

Good for you, go out there and buy some free tickets.

LottoGuyBC's avatarLottoGuyBC

#LetsWinThis  Cool

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by LottoGuyBC on Aug 6, 2013

#LetsWinThis  Cool

I Agree! Lets do it.

Goteki54's avatarGoteki54

Ok, for sure I got this, going to play my ticket nowThumbs Up

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by Goteki54 on Aug 6, 2013

Ok, for sure I got this, going to play my ticket nowThumbs Up

Thumbs Up Go for it. Ima buy some more tickets today too.

Ronnie316

Powerball is D funnest game.

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Aug 6, 2013

I'm just buying my powerball tickets anyway if they throw a freebie in with them its just a bonus if they win!!  The freebie tickets are on a game I never play or would purchase a ticket for.

teamwin

they raised it to 425

tnlotto1's avatartnlotto1

Quote: Originally posted by teamwin on Aug 6, 2013

they raised it to 425

I just saw that on the website.

White BounceHurray!

peppy007

Now for sure If it rolls over annuity record is going down but not cash value record

Quote: Originally posted by Saylorgirl on Aug 6, 2013

ThanksDance

Powerball is D funnest game.

I Agree!

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Aug 6, 2013

Heh,heh,heh, they oughta call that a Tennessee Chandelier.

LOL

i always Buy the FREE Winning tickets Smash

FrankBurns

If 4 Played correct 1 ticket will match 4 numbers

01 02 03 04 05 06 07

-------------------------

1) 01 02 03 04 05 X

2) 01 02 03 04 06 X

3) 01 02 03 04 07 X

4) 01 02 03 05 06 X

5) 01 02 03 05 07 X

6) 01 02 03 06 07 X

7) 01 04 05 06 07 X

8) 02 04 05 06 07 X

9) 03 04 05 06 07 X

Hyper

LottoLucy's avatarLottoLucy

YAY!  Just checked and they added $25 million to the annuity value making it $425 million annuity and $244.7 million cash.

Good luck!

Quote: Originally posted by teamwin on Aug 6, 2013

they raised it to 425

I was wondering if it was going to increase. And with 32hrs more till the drawing, It will probably raise even more I bet.

Eek @ $125 million dollar jump between draws DAAAaaaaaaammmmmmm

Jon D's avatarJon D

Hey Ronnie, I got your numbers covered here in Cali. Cool

PowerballTicket2

OK, so...nobody else can play these numbers in Cali, alright? Otherwise you'll just reduce my pari-mutuel prizes.(and your own...)

I still need to find an elderly person and cut in line in front of them for some quick picks.

ressuccess's avatarressuccess

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/264564 is the thread people have to vote on. They say the Powerball Jackpot is now $425 million ($244.7 million cash value option).

easygoing123go

I see it roll up to $425 I'm in.. How about you

Quote: Originally posted by easygoing123go on Aug 6, 2013

I see it roll up to $425 I'm in.. How about you

I just saw that too. Crazy times we're living in.

wesellyou

Jackpot is up to $425 million

CLETU$

I'm going after the $20 million MegaMillion jackpot and let the Powerball winner have all of the media attention.

Romancandle's avatarRomancandle

Quote: Originally posted by hearsetrax on Aug 6, 2013

Eek @ $125 million dollar jump between draws DAAAaaaaaaammmmmmm

No kidd'n right?... crazy!

This rocket ship is running on some heavy fuel Thumbs Up

haymaker's avatarhaymaker

Quote: Originally posted by CLETU$ on Aug 6, 2013

I'm going after the $20 million MegaMillion jackpot and let the Powerball winner have all of the media attention.

While I do have tix. for both I was thinking same.

sookie's avatarsookie

I've got my tickets.  Mom and dad bought some tickets with me too, that would befun to win with them :)

And my friend and I each bought a quick pick together, so in total that's 6 tickets.

CLETU$

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Aug 6, 2013

While I do have tix. for both I was thinking same.

I have one quick pick for each game.They say you only need one and I'm gonna try to prove 'em right tonight.While it would be nice to win the Powerball drawing tomorrow,the media feeding frenzy will be insane.

I would pick something like Queenstown from a list and just go there. http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Destinations-cTop-g8

Magnificent locations Ronnie! I think I like Australia and Bora Bora the most.

I've been to Brisbane, was definitely an improvement from Darwin.  The city is beautiful.

Quote: Originally posted by Jon D on Aug 6, 2013

PowerballTicket2

OK, so...nobody else can play these numbers in Cali, alright? Otherwise you'll just reduce my pari-mutuel prizes.(and your own...)

I still need to find an elderly person and cut in line in front of them for some quick picks.

i see some of my numbers in there, thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by Saylorgirl on Aug 6, 2013

opps now they changed their minds, Green laugh

August 4 - August 6

The “Buy 2 Powerball plays & get a free Quick Draw” promotion ends at 11:59 pm August 6, 2013 due to the $400 million Powerball jackpot. The big jackpot has greatly increased promotion participation. For full promotion details, see the official promotion rules >

The “purchase any draw game play for a chance to win a free Cash 5 quick pick” promotion 8/11-17 listed below is still on schedule.

The Hitman's avatarThe Hitman

Ill post my winning ticket tomorrow night after I win it all LOL

Quote: Originally posted by The Hitman on Aug 6, 2013

Hurray!LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THAT TICKET Party

realtorjim

Quote: Originally posted by The Hitman on Aug 6, 2013

I think it would be great to see the two winning $425 Million dollar tickets posted here, after the win of course!  I will do the same.  Isn't it ironic that we must both have the same winning set of numbers!

Cheers

sookie's avatarsookie

Hyper

I can't promise I'll post my winning JP ticket tonight, I'll probably be in complete shock for a few weeks

Quote: Originally posted by Jon D on Aug 6, 2013

PowerballTicket2

Oh ratz........these numbers sucked big time.  5 was the only number that came up. Well better luck next time.

jamella724

I think I'd better purchase two or three tickets for this game, with huge jackpot prize at stake I need to increase my chances of winning. I already made plans if I will win this huge jackpot prize. I will make investments and definitely share my blessings to other people.

"I think you mean moot point."   No blueballz, I meant moot point.Big Grin

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story