Convicted murderer Dee Dee Moore denies killing lotto winner

Sep 10, 2013, 12:21 pm (67 comments)

Insider Buzz

Includes video report

Dee Dee Moore, the woman who was convicted of murdering Florida lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare, said in an interview from prison that she was not guilty and blamed her legal team for her guilty verdict.

"I would never harm another human being," Moore said. "I would never hurt nobody! I like Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck and Disney!"

Moore, 41, sat down for an interview in a cell block cafeteria at the Lowell Correctional Institute in Ocala, Fla., where she is serving a life sentence. Moore has long maintained her innocence since the beginning of her trial last year.

On Dec. 10, 2012, Moore was found guilty of first degree murder and possessing and discharging a firearm after prosecutors argued that she swindled and then killed Shakespeare, 47.

Throughout the trial, Moore did not testify, and blamed her legal team for her conviction.

"I wanted my witnesses to take the stand," Moore said. "For me to take the stand, my lawyers said we didn't need it."

Byron Heilman, Moore's lawyer, said that Moore's choice to testify was hers and not his.

"She made the decision not to do that," Heilman said.

Jurors at Moore's trial took only three hours to deliver a guilty verdict, which Moore continues to contest.

"I think people are complete idiots that think I had anything to do with it," Moore said. "I think they have no brain cells."

According to prosecutors, Moore allegedly befriended Shakespeare before he disappeared in 2009 after he had won $30 million in the Florida lottery three years earlier.

By 2009, Shakespeare had used much of his winnings to pay off the mortgages of family and friends, oftentimes giving money away to people who simply asked for it. Moore had agreed to manage the little money he had left, but instead, prosecutors said, she stole his winnings and killed him.

According to authorities, Shakespeare was shot twice in the chest with a .38-caliber pistol in April 2009. He wasn't reported missing until November 2009, and his dead body was later found on Jan. 28, 2010, under a slab of cement after authorities spent days digging in the woods on a rural property in Plant City, Fla.

Greg Smith, Shakespeare's friend and boss at the barbershop where he worked, gave compelling evidence in the trial against Moore.

Smith cooperated with police as a top secret undercover police operative to gather the evidence on Moore. He used an audio recording device that he fashioned himself in a Red Bull can to record his conversations with Moore.

In an interview, Smith demonstrated how he rigged the can. "That's the Dee Dee Moore catch can," Smith said.

Moore promised Smith, who owed Shakespeare $65,000, a loan from Shakespeare's lottery winnings, she'd forgive his debt if he helped her dodge the police.

"I'm so deep in this ... with you right now. If you go down, I go down," Smith was heard saying on one of the conversations recorded on the device concealed in the Red Bull can.

On the audio recording, Moore could be heard saying: "I'm not gonna get caught."

Authorities used Smith's recordings to help locate Shakespeare's body and the gun that killed him.

Claiming she was framed, Moore told detectives several times that a drug dealer named Ronald and his band of killers were responsible for Shakespeare's death and were targeting her.

"They were going to take my son and kill him and chop him up and put him on my doorstep," said Moore.

Moore maintained that she had several witnesses who could prove she did not kill Shakespeare, but she would not disclose their identities. Before ending the interview, she divulged just a single first name.

"Her first name is Dee-anna," Moore said. "I'll tell you that."

However, detectives said that "Dee-anna" was just another lie from a convicted murderer who is set to spend the rest of her days behind bars.

VIDEO: Watch the jailhouse interview

ABC News

Comments

Kee12's avatarKee12

What a horrible thing to do to another human being due to excessive greed and jealousy. She obviously have no remorse over her horrible and evil act which says a lot about who she is really is.

Jill34786's avatarJill34786

What an evil human being. So sad what she did to that poor man may he rest in peace.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Maybe she should have tried that stand your ground defense and/or a more expensive lawyer, that's worked for some Florida murderers.  Her jurors might have been dumb but her lawyer wasn't smart enough to confuse them with facts.

CLETU$

I remember seeing her on television before she was convicted of the murder.She was blaming her 14 year old son for killing Shakespear.Then she Blamed someone else.She would blame anyone that she thought would get the attention off of her.What a piece of work!She is where she belongs,now,in prison!

RedStang's avatarRedStang

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Sep 10, 2013

Maybe she should have tried that stand your ground defense and/or a more expensive lawyer, that's worked for some Florida murderers.  Her jurors might have been dumb but her lawyer wasn't smart enough to confuse them with facts.

Her lawyer was probably tired of dealing with her bs stories and wanted it over quick. Another jodie arias nut job that we won't have to worry about anymore.

MsNumberDreamer's avatarMsNumberDreamer

This story is so sad.  She is evil and sickening because he doesn't even regret what she did.  She stole his property and money and now his son has nothing to inherit from his father.  Just sad that someone could be so greedy that they want to steal and murder.

Pita Maha's avatarPita Maha

That is very sad. Unfortunately, it sounds like Shakespeare was too trusting, perhaps even naive. Ripe for the picking by such greedy sociopaths like Moore.

I'm quite cynical about the human race. I think I'd have a hard time trusting anyone new who wanted to be part of my life if I were a jackpot winner.  Especially if they wanted to 'manage my money' - that would be a huge, red flag for me.

loosejuice

Of course she likes disney and cartoons.....she is part of the looney toons....

Quote: Originally posted by loosejuice on Sep 10, 2013

Of course she likes disney and cartoons.....she is part of the looney toons....

That is crazy for her to point out while talking about someone that had been murdered.  I think she has some screws missing.  I bet Shakespeare's son likes Disney too but his Dad was stripped of the opportunity to take him to Disneyland. Maybe she needs to reference that fact.

noise-gate

She should thank her lucky stars they did not give her the needle. If she pulled that crap in California- they would have opened up the gas chamber just for her..l think protesters would be at a minimum.
This creature was fighting for possession of his house while in jail, saying that she " bought the house" from Mr Shakespeare. She tried bribing the bank Mgr to remove Abraham from the so called" joint account" she had with Abraham where all the money in that account was his. Its no wonder the jury came back with a swift verdict. The remains of this individual was dug up from under a slab of a property she owned.
..and of course she loves Mickey Mouse- l think Hitler did as well in his disquieting moments.

jeffrey's avatarjeffrey

Quote: Originally posted by CLETU$ on Sep 10, 2013

I remember seeing her on television before she was convicted of the murder.She was blaming her 14 year old son for killing Shakespear.Then she Blamed someone else.She would blame anyone that she thought would get the attention off of her.What a piece of work!She is where she belongs,now,in prison!

she's nothing but a sociopath and needs to be recycled as spare parts and cat food.Mad

helpmewin's avatarhelpmewin

Quote: Originally posted by Kee12 on Sep 10, 2013

What a horrible thing to do to another human being due to excessive greed and jealousy. She obviously have no remorse over her horrible and evil act which says a lot about who she is really is.

I Agree!

helpmewin's avatarhelpmewin

Quote: Originally posted by jeffrey on Sep 10, 2013

she's nothing but a sociopath and needs to be recycled as spare parts and cat food.Mad

Cat food NOWAY! No Nod  maybe PIG food  Green laugh

Quote: Originally posted by helpmewin on Sep 10, 2013

Cat food NOWAY! No Nod  maybe PIG food  Green laugh

And contaminate our bacon?!?! Shocked  Nooooooooo, please no!

CLETU$

I Agree! except for the part about cat food.I don't have much use for cats but I can't see poisoning them with the remains of her.

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Quote: Originally posted by CLETU$ on Sep 10, 2013

I Agree! except for the part about cat food.I don't have much use for cats but I can't see poisoning them with the remains of her.

personally she'd make better chow for full slzed dogs or maybe snake food ??  Big Grin

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

Quote: Originally posted by MsNumberDreamer on Sep 10, 2013

That is crazy for her to point out while talking about someone that had been murdered.  I think she has some screws missing.  I bet Shakespeare's son likes Disney too but his Dad was stripped of the opportunity to take him to Disneyland. Maybe she needs to reference that fact.

I Agree!, MsNumberDreamer.  I'm not really sure if she's trying to make it look like she has multiple personalities or not.  Now I think that she murdered Shakespeare (and maybe is covering up for others who participated in the murder too).  If so, that makes her only (or one of her) personality(ies) a sociopath and psychopathic killer.  It's confusing, and perhaps Dee-anne is one of her multiple personalities ... or another of her, often successful, ideas.

I, still, want the local police to go way back to FIRE AND DEEPLY FINE (or take pension from) that INITIAL local police officer whom Dee Dee bribed, or got Abraham's address from for free.  He was the INITIAL guilty party who made it easy for Dee Dee to complete her stalking of the nimble minded Abraham Shakespeare to his home saying she was going to write a book about his life story, two years after he had won his tidy lottery jackpot!!!

Smash

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

She is smiling like as if its her birthday and has a big cake with her name on it. Disturbing. It does not appear like she is getting rehabilitated at the Lowell Correctional Institute. Maybe she is losing her mind. 

Smoke Fan

She is where she belongs. Plain and simple.

lele100

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Sep 10, 2013

I Agree!

LottoMetro's avatarLottoMetro

Can't fix crazy. Once you get on the crazy train, there's no getting off.

haymaker's avatarhaymaker

No, Dee dee you are the one lacking brain cells.

CLETU$

Quote: Originally posted by Smoke Fan on Sep 10, 2013

She is where she belongs. Plain and simple.

I Agree!100%

Artist77's avatarArtist77

I bet she will do "well" in prison and will be running her own gang. She is a sociopath. They cannot be reformed.

Littleoldlady's avatarLittleoldlady

Quote: Originally posted by HaveABall on Sep 10, 2013

I Agree!, MsNumberDreamer.  I'm not really sure if she's trying to make it look like she has multiple personalities or not.  Now I think that she murdered Shakespeare (and maybe is covering up for others who participated in the murder too).  If so, that makes her only (or one of her) personality(ies) a sociopath and psychopathic killer.  It's confusing, and perhaps Dee-anne is one of her multiple personalities ... or another of her, often successful, ideas.

I, still, want the local police to go way back to FIRE AND DEEPLY FINE (or take pension from) that INITIAL local police officer whom Dee Dee bribed, or got Abraham's address from for free.  He was the INITIAL guilty party who made it easy for Dee Dee to complete her stalking of the nimble minded Abraham Shakespeare to his home saying she was going to write a book about his life story, two years after he had won his tidy lottery jackpot!!!

Smash

I agree with this.  A law enforcement official gave up his information for a sum of money because he was greedy.  He needs to be in the cell right next to her so they can keep each other company.  I wonder if they did anything to him.  Scares me to think that these officials are here to "protect" and serve.

lottoguysocal's avatarlottoguysocal

she's guilty.  It's hard to argue facts, and on American Greed, she was all over the recorded conversation that the article mentioned.  Asking anyone and everyone to take the blame for the murder for 50K.  She's sick and it sucks our tax dollars are paying for her to serve life.

MadGeniusDude's avatarMadGeniusDude

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Sep 10, 2013

No, Dee dee you are the one lacking brain cells.

I Agree!

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

She is one sick woman she should have gotten the death penalty. Rest In Peace Abraham Shakespeare.

Astekblue's avatarAstekblue

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Sep 10, 2013

She is one sick woman she should have gotten the death penalty. Rest In Peace Abraham Shakespeare.

I Agree!

Everytime   I   see    that   woman    I    want   to       Puke 

What   A   Piece   Of   Work

Rest   In    Peace     Mr.     Shakespeare  (  you  had  too  good  a  heart  for  this  old  world  )

Anfang71

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Sep 10, 2013

She should thank her lucky stars they did not give her the needle. If she pulled that crap in California- they would have opened up the gas chamber just for her..l think protesters would be at a minimum.
This creature was fighting for possession of his house while in jail, saying that she " bought the house" from Mr Shakespeare. She tried bribing the bank Mgr to remove Abraham from the so called" joint account" she had with Abraham where all the money in that account was his. Its no wonder the jury came back with a swift verdict. The remains of this individual was dug up from under a slab of a property she owned.
..and of course she loves Mickey Mouse- l think Hitler did as well in his disquieting moments.

Interesting the last remark.

But I don't think the two can be compared or put in the same catagory

what ever your take on history, or real history, one was an intellectual who made his depressed, torn, lazy-corrupt country into a high moral standard of civilization. Thats just the tip of the iceberg of  the greatness this person/nation achieved in just 12 (really just 6) years. Hmm.. I wouldn't mind having are banks issue out money for work only an no usury an debt...mmmm

Oh, anyway....the other is a random woman who..... yeahhh

Naww

Win$500Quick's avatarWin$500Quick

Saw the interview tonight and it was hard to watch. This con artist will lie to your face. I am also surprise that Abrahram's "friend" Greg is getting a pass from the media when he was the one who made the fake phone call to Abraham's mother. Greg was willing to help Dee Dee as long as he did not have to pay the $63,000 he took from Abraham.

LottoBoner

Are you trying to say that those you like mickey mouse are no better than NAZIS??  Are you saying that this creature is NOT HUMAN, but perhaps a E.T entity?

Cmon.  You might be able to find a lot of interesting conspiracy "facts?" regarding DISNEY and their subliminal messages on YT, but that doesn't mean she did it BECAUSE she was brainwashed by DISNEY. 

You seem quite zany for that comment "NOOB-Gay-te"

I suppose you strongly discredit the possibilty that 9-11 was an inside job and that we as patriotic americans "Should never forget 9-11"  But ALSO at the same time, conveniently strive TO FORGET why Building 7 fell in such a illogical manner.

Perhaps GEORGE ORWELL still LIVES IN AMERICA.  (san francisco?)

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by LottoBoner on Sep 10, 2013

Are you trying to say that those you like mickey mouse are no better than NAZIS??  Are you saying that this creature is NOT HUMAN, but perhaps a E.T entity?

Cmon.  You might be able to find a lot of interesting conspiracy "facts?" regarding DISNEY and their subliminal messages on YT, but that doesn't mean she did it BECAUSE she was brainwashed by DISNEY. 

You seem quite zany for that comment "NOOB-Gay-te"

I suppose you strongly discredit the possibilty that 9-11 was an inside job and that we as patriotic americans "Should never forget 9-11"  But ALSO at the same time, conveniently strive TO FORGET why Building 7 fell in such a illogical manner.

Perhaps GEORGE ORWELL still LIVES IN AMERICA.  (san francisco?)

You reading way too much into my response.

The point l am making is that BOTH are killers- simply because one says they " like Mickey Mouse" does not mean they are innocent of the facts presented.

You come across as a conspiracy theorist- well good luck with that. l have spent enough of my time on your droll response.

Seattlejohn

I usually don't wish bad things on anyone, but this bitch needs to fry.  20 years in the electric chair ought to about do it...

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by Anfang71 on Sep 10, 2013

Interesting the last remark.

But I don't think the two can be compared or put in the same catagory

what ever your take on history, or real history, one was an intellectual who made his depressed, torn, lazy-corrupt country into a high moral standard of civilization. Thats just the tip of the iceberg of  the greatness this person/nation achieved in just 12 (really just 6) years. Hmm.. I wouldn't mind having are banks issue out money for work only an no usury an debt...mmmm

Oh, anyway....the other is a random woman who..... yeahhh

Naww

My take on history?- How about History's take on Facts.

History proves that your " leader" wanted the following and lost.

-1000 years of the Third Reich
-A "cleansed" society (no Jews, homosexuals, communists)
-A Christian society (exclusively)
-An Aryan nation (blonde, blue-eyed)
-A dominant Germany in all ways (military, wealth, land etc..)

** The Germans were defeated in WWI, they were really depressed. Their cities were ruined. Their economy was virtually non-existent. Their money was worthless. All it took was for some sweet talking guy promising to restore Germany's greatness. Hitler promised to create work, which was building arms for the most part. He promised if the Germans fought another war, they'd win back former glory. Jews were simply blamed by Hitler for Germany's loss since they were a minority. He wanted all the countries around Germany under his control. He also wanted to take over the Allies' countries.

You are aware of those buildings that Hitler had erected that turned out to be " Gas Chambers" - what were they for since you so clued up on history and l am not?- Please enlighten me?

If that is what you define as turning a country into a high moral standard of civilization?- you have much to learn.

Unless you think that what l posted above is lies, if so which part?

** By the way read my response to Lottoboner

hsg2000

Do not believe her, she is a liar!!

Making stories now

fwlawrence's avatarfwlawrence

Quote: Originally posted by Win$500Quick on Sep 10, 2013

Saw the interview tonight and it was hard to watch. This con artist will lie to your face. I am also surprise that Abrahram's "friend" Greg is getting a pass from the media when he was the one who made the fake phone call to Abraham's mother. Greg was willing to help Dee Dee as long as he did not have to pay the $63,000 he took from Abraham.

I Agree!

viceroy2's avatarviceroy2

Now, maybe you know why people in states that have ANONYMOUS claiming, have it better than states that do not!

Only FOUR STATES in this country have laws that allow winners to remain anonymous from the media.

Ohio and Virginia are Two of them...

Can you help me name the OTHER two States...

PS: Arizona, at recent report, was ALSO considering passage of Anonymous claiming, and whether or not they passed and approved it yet, that will probably wait until the next report.

Besides.....if you bought your ticket with CASH, and you appear over 21 (or is it 18) You're not forced to show ID when you take out the BET at the convenince store....(Plus, they don't let you use Plastic to buy lottery tickets, anyway) 

So, there's a degree of ANONYMITY when making the BET.

So, why does that degree of ANONYMITY have to be stripped away from you, during the process of making the CLAIM when you win?

If Only Abraham bought that ticket in OHIO....sure, his taxes would be a little higher, but...THEN he'd have that degree of anonymity, that would have prevented a Dee-Dee Moore from ever approaching him, because She would not have known he was a Powerball winner!

-------------------------------------------------------
Millions of Pixels and Thousands of Volts died, valiantly, to bring you the preceeding communique.  Our hope that with your correct reception of the communique, their efforts will not have been in vain.

Hmph....she "bought the house" and Abraham "bought the farm" 

Careful with those Hitler References, Noisy....people might take what you say the wrong way. 

Hear the cracks about the Nazis patterning their penal systems after California's? 

I know you heard that one....ghastly to think about, isn't it?

Quote: Originally posted by Seattlejohn on Sep 11, 2013

I usually don't wish bad things on anyone, but this bitch needs to fry.  20 years in the electric chair ought to about do it...

But, the state couldn't afford the Utility Bill, John, if they were to fry a person in the chair for 20 years straight.....

(unless the State thought they could get away with taxing YOU and your neighbors at 98% of your income...)

After (at the most) TWO minutes of being electrocuted...the person is sufficently dead. 

So....You're going to fry a CORPSE in the chair for the other 19 years 11 months, 30 days, 23 hours, and 58 minutes?

And during all that time, won't you figure there'll be OTHERS that you figure should meet the same fate as she?

But YOU want to go and fry a corpse for 20 years straight, making the OTHERS you want to "fry" have to wait, until 20 years of having her corpse fried, have elapsed?

What if they die, waiting to die? 

You going to throw their corpses on the chair and flip the switch ON and leave it that way for 20 years? 

What will that do for you, AFTER they expired?

Besides, How can you kill a person MORE than ONCE, if "Re-Animator" juice to make a dead person UNdead, was only invented in the MOVIES? 

I know You've heard reports about the Golfo's and Zeta's down in Mexico...rival drug cartels, hacking each other's "weak ones, and their women" up, with intentionally dulled and rusty knives, so they can squeeze every last drop of GRISLY out of their excruciatingly long SNUFF videos, as they have to take their time butchering people like meat...is that what you think this nation must do, to preserve "order?" 

If killing people is the measure of justice...then the executioners in the Middle East are, in that sense, more humane than you...because they keep their blades super-sharp, so they only have to CUT ONCE to get the job done.

So, Are you trying to satisfy your sense of justice for Abraham, to heal YOUR broken heart?

...or are you satisfying your heart's BLOOD LUST, using the mechanism of LAW to do so, and a person as the Object to focus upon?

Just curious, John....

This is WHY I have questions about MY State wanting to publish the Winner's Identification and locations....

to show to potential players that "real people REALLY DO WIN..."

Our own dignity, rests upon the PRIVACY and ANONYMITY we strive to preserve. 

Otherwise, "Crime-stoppers" wouldn't have been in business for over 30 years, in my area, unless they could guarantee Anonymity for tips presented, as well as offering "cash for clues" if those tips lead to the perpatrator....

So why do we want our winners running the gauntlet, having their privacy, and their dignity stripped from them....?

It's almost like, the State deciding that they want CAMERAS in toilets, and cameras on people sitting on those toilets, so they could show that "real people really do take poops!"

Do you want the State deciding, on your behalf, that, "LAW-ABIDING people only need to take Two poops a day, and need to show documentation to authorities if they exceed more than that?"

Quote: Originally posted by viceroy2 on Sep 11, 2013

This is WHY I have questions about MY State wanting to publish the Winner's Identification and locations....

to show to potential players that "real people REALLY DO WIN..."

Our own dignity, rests upon the PRIVACY and ANONYMITY we strive to preserve. 

Otherwise, "Crime-stoppers" wouldn't have been in business for over 30 years, in my area, unless they could guarantee Anonymity for tips presented, as well as offering "cash for clues" if those tips lead to the perpatrator....

So why do we want our winners running the gauntlet, having their privacy, and their dignity stripped from them....?

It's almost like, the State deciding that they want CAMERAS in toilets, and cameras on people sitting on those toilets, so they could show that "real people really do take poops!"

Do you want the State deciding, on your behalf, that, "LAW-ABIDING people only need to take Two poops a day, and need to show documentation to authorities if they exceed more than that?"

Your statement: "So why do we want our winners running the gauntlet, having their privacy, and their dignity stripped from them?" is so true. I just don't understand the need for a winner to go through such hell. Even if you're not as vulnerable like poor Abraham Shakespeare was, you'd have to put up with a lot of intrusion and unpleasant situations. It's like they just throw you to the dogs, for their publicity machine.

Australia gives lottery winners the option to remain anonymous and just about everyone does. And for a good reason. Nobody there goes around questioning if "real people are winning the lottery". Australia brought in the anonymity provision after a child of lottery winners was kidnapped and murdered back in the 60's. The US has had a murder (if not more), so what does it take for it to change here?

Quote: Originally posted by Win$500Quick on Sep 10, 2013

I Agree! Win, I was like you called this poor woman and she thought she was talking to her son how could he do that.

Quote: Originally posted by Astekblue on Sep 10, 2013

I Agree!

Everytime   I   see    that   woman    I    want   to       Puke 

What   A   Piece   Of   Work

Rest   In    Peace     Mr.     Shakespeare  (  you  had  too  good  a  heart  for  this  old  world  )

I know Astekblue, I am not a violent person but I wanted to jump through the tv and knock that  smile off her face (my hubby was like calm down). Then she was talking about the movie offers she has receivedBang Head. I sure do hope she is not able to prosper from this.

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

well if it can be proved he owed it,   the guy being murdered doeant cancel th debt, its still owed to his estate. of course being illiterate   shakespear wouldnt have got a   loan agreement signed . but if that debt is aknowledged.  even the cops cant just forgive it for turning states evidence.  if i wwas the estate lawyers, i would pursue it.

mypiemaster's avatarmypiemaster

CrazyDirtbagCrazy

Artist77's avatarArtist77

Now, maybe you know why people in states that have ANONYMOUS claiming, have it better than states that do not!

Only FOUR STATES in this country have laws that allow winners to remain anonymous from the media.

PS: Arizona, at recent report, was ALSO considering passage of Anonymous claiming, and whether or not they passed and approved it yet, that will probably wait until the next report.

Virginia has NEVER been an anonymous state.  If you have any basic google skills, you can find the 4 states easily. Some other states do allow you to claim via a trust like DC. Virginia does not.

CLETU$

Kansas is an anonymous state and I think that Louisiana is too,but I'm not sure.

Simba774

I'm angry that I missed most of the special, but I did catch her epic interview! This is woman who changed her story many times. Before the trial she calimed her then 14 year old son killed Shakespeare. She claimed her own lawyer killed Shakespeare! She texted his family pretending to be him. What witnesses? Where is big bad drug dealer Charlie? The drug dealer story doesn't even make sense. She killed Abraham. Killers can also like Disney, Ms. Moore.

traemiah's avatartraemiah

I watched the interview and was at a disbelief when she made the statement she had only known Mr. Shakespeare for a few months before he was killed.  My opinion is people have different motives for doing what they do.  They don't have to know the person for a long period of time if there is a motive for murder.  Money changes people, some for good and some for bad; therefore, Ms. Moore's intentions were for bad.  After carefully watching her reactions (eg. smiles, change of emotions, etc.), I believe she was capable of doing or took part in Mr. Shakespeare's murder.  Ms. Moore seems to have multiple personalities and create her imaginary life characters as she conversate with others.  In Ms. Moore's last statement she replied, "Dee Anna."  Hmmm, it took her a while to pull that character out of the sky, but she managed.  One thing she did not lie about is only God knows what happened but the evidence at hand does not lie.  I end with this: Ms. Moore was Moore (yes, that is correct, "Moore") excited about the letters from movie producers than admitting the truth to having either killed Mr. Shakespeare or being an accomplice to his murder.   Unhappy

Besides.....if you bought your ticket with CASH, and you appear over 21 (or is it 18) You're not forced to show ID when you take out the BET at the convenince store....(Plus, they don't let you use Plastic to buy lottery tickets, anyway) 

So, there's a degree of ANONYMITY when making the BET.

So, why does that degree of ANONYMITY have to be stripped away from you, during the process of making the CLAIM when you win?

If Only Abraham bought that ticket in OHIO....sure, his taxes would be a little higher, but...THEN he'd have that degree of anonymity, that would have prevented a Dee-Dee Moore from ever approaching him, because She would not have known he was a Powerball winner!

-------------------------------------------------------
Millions of Pixels and Thousands of Volts died, valiantly, to bring you the preceeding communique.  Our hope that with your correct reception of the communique, their efforts will not have been in vain.

Here in NC it is illegal for them not to ask for ID when purchasing lottery tickets.  And there are lots of people that look over 18 but are still minors.  Also, many stores in my town allow you to use debit cards to purchase lottery tickets.

I definitely think that all states should have a law that allows a person to claim their ticket anonymously. If they don't want to grant full anonymity then they should at least allow a person to claim anonymously for 30 to 60 days before their name is released to the public.  That way they can at least have enough time to get to a safe place and maybe get settled down out of the public eye. 

JoeBigLotto's avatarJoeBigLotto

Why is this ugly B...h still talking . The only thing am having problem with is deciding who l hate most between Dee Dee moore and Jodi ARIAS maybe this two will have a singing contest in jail . when is NASA  going to build a space jail station for inmates like this with a note just kicked out of the planet earth for good destinantion anywhere but earth with enough food supply not to exceed your jail time limit lol.

Quote: Originally posted by MsNumberDreamer on Sep 11, 2013

Here in NC it is illegal for them not to ask for ID when purchasing lottery tickets.  And there are lots of people that look over 18 but are still minors.  Also, many stores in my town allow you to use debit cards to purchase lottery tickets.

I definitely think that all states should have a law that allows a person to claim their ticket anonymously. If they don't want to grant full anonymity then they should at least allow a person to claim anonymously for 30 to 60 days before their name is released to the public.  That way they can at least have enough time to get to a safe place and maybe get settled down out of the public eye. 

Re: allowing a person to claim anonymously for 30 to 60 days - I think that's an excellent compromise. Like you said, it gives people time to deal with some of the initial, crucial things without pressure or fear.

Once your name is out, things can get crazy, although with a delay, the excitement would probably die down a bit and it might not be as crazy.

I Agree! Still...I think the better compromise would be to claim in the name of a TRUST or a Corporate Entity, as some states allow.  That way we wouldn't care whether or not the 30 to 60 days expire...

Can anyone make up a list of states that...

Have Anonymous Claiming....

States that allow winners to claim through a trust or corporate entity...

and states that just throw you to the dogs, and tell you to deal with it!

sully16's avatarsully16

Dee Dee, is one scary woman

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by sully16 on Sep 14, 2013

Dee Dee, is one scary woman

I Agree! Her story should be required reading for every brother who wins a lottery jackpot in the future.

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Sep 15, 2013

I Agree! Her story should be required reading for every brother who wins a lottery jackpot in the future.

Skeptical I wouldn't say that ......

but I do believe that you need to be @ least smart enough to ask and triple check one's references

Jill34786's avatarJill34786

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Sep 11, 2013

Virginia has NEVER been an anonymous state.  If you have any basic google skills, you can find the 4 states easily. Some other states do allow you to claim via a trust like DC. Virginia does not.

"If you have any basic google skills"

Lol...meanySmile

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Sep 11, 2013

When I wanted to learn Visual Basic 6 I brought "The complete idiot's guide to Visual Basic 6" and when I wanted to learn more about Windows 8 I brought "Windows 8 for dummies".  Are there such books for those lacking basic google skills?

LottoBoner

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Sep 11, 2013

I know Astekblue, I am not a violent person but I wanted to jump through the tv and knock that  smile off her face (my hubby was like calm down). Then she was talking about the movie offers she has receivedBang Head. I sure do hope she is not able to prosper from this.

Perhaps DISNEY will eventually gain rights to the movie deal?

WOW, are we coming full circle? AGAIN?

P.S.

Disney better not screw up Star Wars, (screw up more than George Luke did at least). CGI is cool to a point.  Aftet that point it is like "POSERVILLE"!!!

I will save my ten dollars for a Mega Million skyrocket jackpot!

HoLeeKau's avatarHoLeeKau

When I wanted to learn Visual Basic 6 I brought "The complete idiot's guide to Visual Basic 6" and when I wanted to learn more about Windows 8 I brought "Windows 8 for dummies".  Are there such books for those lacking basic google skills?

LottoBoner

The book for wayward 'googlers' is,

How to use a "computer to type letters as long as you have all your digits"

Once you find the book and turn on your computer you , type in (G-O-O-G-L-E) into your search engine.

That will in "theory' solve all your problems.

Mzzpeaches08

They are featuring Abraham's story & hers on snapped right now

fastball 9's avatarfastball 9

I wonder who she thinks she's kidding.  If you believe her I imagine you'd fall for the rap she ran on AS.

The Big Guy Upstairs has us live with people like her.  Advance and beware as they say in the Infantry.  If AS wasn't such a nice guy, and had kept people like her away from him he'd be around today.  And Moore would be running low budget cons somewhere.  She saw AS as a jackpot for herself and too advantage then killed him when he finally figured what she was up to.

I imagine she'll be doing interviews for the rest of her term, thinking she can con all of us, create doubt and focus the blame on AS saying he was responsible for his own murder, at the hand of those mysterious drug goons.  Goons that pop up all over the country and blamed for all kinds of things they didn't do, but the public believes they're capable of.  Moore gives us all a real life example of a narsist and just how far they'll go to advance their own fantasies.

Too bad AS took the bait.

jamella724

How can someone do such terrible things to another human being? I guess she doesn't have a conscience at all. It's really despicable that they kill someone just because of money. I hope she will get just punishment for her action.

Slick Nick's avatarSlick Nick

She's right where she belongs for the rest of her life!Banana

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story