Dallas Cowboys continue partnership with Texas Lottery

Sep 27, 2013, 10:42 am (17 comments)

Texas Lottery

Includes video report

AUSTIN, Tx. — Texas Lottery players and Dallas Cowboys fans have one more reason to celebrate football season with the latest version of the Dallas Cowboys scratch-off game. The fifth version of the $5 game offers more than $29 million in instant prizes including 12 top prizes of $100,000.

To date, the Dallas Cowboys scratch-off game has resulted in $184 million in sales with $125 million in prizes awarded to winners.

Players who do not win instantly can enter their tickets into any of the five promotional second-chance drawings to be held throughout the run of the game.

"We always look forward to the start of football season and to joining forces with the Dallas Cowboys to offer this exciting game," said Texas Lottery Commission Executive Director Gary Grief. "The promotional second-chance drawings provide a unique playing experience and the opportunity to win once-in-a-lifetime opportunities."

More than 1,000 prizes will be awarded in each of the second-chance drawings. Prizes include:

• The Dallas Cowboys "Wild Weekend" package for 20, which features a suite at a Dallas Cowboys home game, tours of team facilities, a pre-game party and travel accommodations
  • The opportunity to go inside the War Room on Draft Day with Jerry Jones and VIP passes to the Dallas Cowboys Draft Party (includes travel on the Dallas Cowboys luxury bus)
  • Pair of season tickets for the next complete season of home games
  • Autographed authentic jerseys from star Dallas Cowboys players
  • $100 Dallas Cowboys gift cards

"We are thrilled to be moving into our fifth year as partners with the Texas Lottery," said Jerry Jones, Owner and General Manager of the Dallas Cowboys. "Over the past four years, I have been able to witness the excitement our fans enjoy from experiencing many of the one-of-a-kind second-chance drawing prizes. It is very satisfying to know this partnership has also contributed millions of dollars to funding the education of the youth of Texas."

VIDEO: Watch the press conference

News story photo(Click to display in gallery)

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Me personally?

Gimme cash.

If I want a tote bag, I'll go buy one.

CLETU$

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Sep 27, 2013

Me personally?

Gimme cash.

I don't know why lotteries think people want useless merchandise instead of CASH!

Stack47

Me personally?

Gimme cash.

"Players who do not win instantly can enter their tickets into any of the five promotional second-chance drawings to be held throughout the run of the game."

The tote bags are prizes in the secondary drawings. Most people buy lottery tickets trying to win the jackpot and most of those tickets end up in the trash. Is it a bad idea to give the players something even if it's not cash for their losing tickets as opposed to throwing tickets in the trash?

Stack47

Quote: Originally posted by CLETU$ on Sep 27, 2013

I don't know why lotteries think people want useless merchandise instead of CASH!

Some second chance drawings offer cash, but this promotion is a partnership with the Dallas Cowboys who apparently are providing the second chance prizes. Do you always get paid cash or merchandise for your losing tickets or do you usually throw them into the trash?

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

A few years ago hubby and I had a couple of non-winning tickets we called to see if we could enter them in the second chance drawing and they TLC said no because we had to be residents of TexasSad.

RedStang's avatarRedStang

Good to see the fans get their own game. We got screwed because connecticut sells New York Giants scratchoffs. No Nod

CLETU$

Quote: Originally posted by Stack47 on Sep 27, 2013

Some second chance drawings offer cash, but this promotion is a partnership with the Dallas Cowboys who apparently are providing the second chance prizes. Do you always get paid cash or merchandise for your losing tickets or do you usually throw them into the trash?

Iowa and most other states that have second chance drawings usually have junk,such as drink coozies  or magazine subscriptions or other such worthless prizes.Might as well throw them away because you have to have so many thousands of points to get something decent.You'd be money ahead to just pay cash for the good prizes,instead of buying scratch off tickets in hopes of collecting enough points before their promotion is over and done with.

Piaceri

I don't buy the Cowboys tickets, but I do buy the Houston Texans tickets. Same thing, only better. Hurray! Better team, better prizes. Green laugh

- Private plane away game for 2

- Tailgate party for winner + 9 (10 total) including sideline passes for the game

- 2 seats season tickets for 2 years

- autographed jersey

I would love to win the season tickets for 2 seasons. Won an autographed jersey, all-pro #24 Jonathan Joseph. Now I need to win a lottery JP so I can get a game room to hang the jersey on the wall. 

Banana

helpmewin's avatarhelpmewin

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Sep 27, 2013

A few years ago hubby and I had a couple of non-winning tickets we called to see if we could enter them in the second chance drawing and they TLC said no because we had to be residents of TexasSad.

Wow that don't seem fair at all.Thumbs Down

Stack47

Quote: Originally posted by CLETU$ on Sep 27, 2013

Iowa and most other states that have second chance drawings usually have junk,such as drink coozies  or magazine subscriptions or other such worthless prizes.Might as well throw them away because you have to have so many thousands of points to get something decent.You'd be money ahead to just pay cash for the good prizes,instead of buying scratch off tickets in hopes of collecting enough points before their promotion is over and done with.

Just saying it's not part of buying the ticket and a choice as opposed to just trashing the ticket. I have a stack of tickets I could enter into a second chance drawing. It depends on the promotion too because aren't worth the effort.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Stack47 on Sep 27, 2013

"Players who do not win instantly can enter their tickets into any of the five promotional second-chance drawings to be held throughout the run of the game."

The tote bags are prizes in the secondary drawings. Most people buy lottery tickets trying to win the jackpot and most of those tickets end up in the trash. Is it a bad idea to give the players something even if it's not cash for their losing tickets as opposed to throwing tickets in the trash?

Let 'em give cash in the secondary drawings too then.

And if the winners want tote bags or game tickets or lifetime Frozen Squishees that bad, they'll flock to the website to order them.

All I'm saying is that they exclude a demographic of players when they do that stuff.

I know I wouldn't play it.

And if you win, I hope they give you a pink tote bag with a rhinestone encrusted portrait of Elton John on it, LOL.

sully16's avatarsully16

Me personally?

Gimme cash.

Yep, got plenty of totes already, show me the money!

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

"Better team, better prizes." I think not Wink how bout the Cowboys Big Grin

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Sep 28, 2013

"Better team, better prizes." I think not Wink how bout the Cowboys Big Grin

Razz  See Ya!

Stack47

Let 'em give cash in the secondary drawings too then.

And if the winners want tote bags or game tickets or lifetime Frozen Squishees that bad, they'll flock to the website to order them.

All I'm saying is that they exclude a demographic of players when they do that stuff.

I know I wouldn't play it.

And if you win, I hope they give you a pink tote bag with a rhinestone encrusted portrait of Elton John on it, LOL.

"All I'm saying is that they exclude a demographic of players when they do that stuff."

And all I'm saying is, it's second chance drawing for losing scratch-off tickets. If you want a chance to win the stuff, enter your losing tickets, if not don't enter.

"And if you win, I hope they give you a pink tote bag with a rhinestone encrusted portrait of Elton John on it, LOL.

This promotion is for their Dallas Cowboys scratch-offs and if the Cowboys don't make the playoffs, maybe an Elton John pink tote bag is appropriate.

LottoGuyBC's avatarLottoGuyBC

I'd like $100K instantly Hurray!Give me Cheers

jamella724

This is really good, at least non-winning ticket still has chance to win. The prizes include are quite interesting too. Players will definitely love to participate in this game.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story