Scamming store owner loses lottery license

Dec 20, 2014, 10:55 pm (88 comments)

Massachusetts Lottery

RD's Deli and Market in Melrose, Massachusetts, will no longer be selling lottery tickets now that its owner has been accused of trying to scam a mentally disabled woman out of her winnings.

The woman bought a winning ticket worth $10,000 at the convenience store, but when she went to redeem it, the store's owner allegedly told her that the prize was only $1,000, and gave her $950 in cash.

Separate from the attempt to scam the woman, handing out that much cash is, in itself, a violation, as prizes over $600 must be claimed at one of six regional lottery office locations.

Finding it fishy, the woman told a family member about the interaction; the relative then got in touch with the Massachusetts State Lottery and provided identifying details about the ticket. Lottery officials were able to confirm that it had been sold at RD'S Deli and Market, and questioned the owner, who they say admitted to taking the ticket.

Luckily, he hadn't redeemed it yet.

The ticket was then returned to the woman, who claimed the prize on December 16.

Following a hearing at lottery headquarters on Dec. 11, the store's lottery license has been "indefinitely suspended," though lottery officials are looking to permanently terminate it.

Melrose Police and Massachusetts State Police are assisting in the investigation.

Wire Reports

Comments

mikeintexas's avatarmikeintexas

I like to think there's an extra-warm corner of Hell for those who prey upon folks like this woman, as well as those who take advantage of the elderly.

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

i hope there's a fair copy of hell on earth here for the evil git, before he ever tries the immortal one.

ThatScaryChick's avatarThatScaryChick

I'm glad this woman got her money back and hopefully this jerk gets his license permanently revoked and some jail time.

mrcraft's avatarmrcraft

This greedy SOB.  I bet what gave it away was telling her she won $1,000 but only giving her $950.

mypiemaster's avatarmypiemaster

This may not be his first rodeo. A year in jail and $10k restitution, sounds just fine to me.

noise-gate

Since the article does not name of the owner who did the deed, l could not help thinking of a name we all familiar with...yeah that one : Patel.

cbr$'s avatarcbr$

A scam is bad enough . To scan a mentally disabled person is real low! This is plain & simple greed. Put these people in the Hall of shame, next to family who name start with a {P} which cheated players.No No

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Cussing Face guys like this are the reason we need to bring back these kinds of punishment

fja's avatarfja

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Dec 20, 2014

Since the article does not name of the owner who did the deed, l could not help thinking of a name we all familiar with...yeah that one : Patel.

It was the owner that scammed her and his name is Chang Cho....No No

sully16's avatarsully16

Quote: Originally posted by ThatScaryChick on Dec 20, 2014

I'm glad this woman got her money back and hopefully this jerk gets his license permanently revoked and some jail time.

I agree, jail time for sure.

PrinceRene

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Dec 20, 2014

wow....racist much?????

Artist77's avatarArtist77

Quote: Originally posted by mikeintexas on Dec 20, 2014

I like to think there's an extra-warm corner of Hell for those who prey upon folks like this woman, as well as those who take advantage of the elderly.

I agree. Scammers are one thing, but taking advantage of someone like this is horrendous.

lucky6025

said in the article that State is considering taking lottery sales away permanent....THINKING,WHATS WRONG WITH YOU??????this should be a NO BRAINER!!! TAKE his license,take him to court and fine him and maybe jail or at least probation and put this on his record for life.People that use this store should stop going there and let him suffer and maybe lose his store.Other then that maybe bring back PUBLIC STONING to be held at Shafer Stadium on Sundays admition $5.00 plus (3) stones $5.00 all proceeds to go to helping disadvatanged children.

Teddi's avatarTeddi

My only question is why is termination even a question. This guy violated about a half a dozen vendor rules and some laws. Forget suspension. This isn't even a he said/she said dispute. He admitted to scamming a mentally challenged woman. There is no argument he can bring to justify his actions except pure greed. He shouldn't be ever trusted with a license again. Next!

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

That would never be me because I check my own tickets and I sign the back of any winners in ink. Sometimes I feel like people just want to be taken advantage of. Personal responsibility is my thing Yes Nod

TnTicketlosers's avatarTnTicketlosers

What goes around comes around,,,but those that dont have a heart dont care anyway...People just dont fear the here after.

Gleno's avatarGleno

Good to read that the winner was able to collect her winnings before it was cashed by the dishonest retailer.

Smile

Just cringe when folks hand their tickets to the retailer to have them check their tickets. See this often,even though N.J. has scanners for players to check their own tickets. Of course this situation was unique because the woman was disabled. Bad karma for this unscrupulous retailer.

Hit With Stick

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by PrinceRene on Dec 21, 2014

wow....racist much?????

l had no idea you were a Patel or related to one- my apologies.It was not a blanket Statement, but an opinion.

If you took the time to " research" some of the convenience store owners who have ripped people off in the recent past that name at times comes up.Now you educated, now you know.

Lets just stop with this " racist Bulls@#$%# comment shall we?

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

Huh, I wonder if this woman gave this $950 to the local police department when she presented the theft complaint. 

Thinking of...

PrinceRene

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Dec 21, 2014

l had no idea you were a Patel or related to one- my apologies.It was not a blanket Statement, but an opinion.

If you took the time to " research" some of the convenience store owners who have ripped people off in the recent past that name at times comes up.Now you educated, now you know.

Lets just stop with this " racist Bulls@#$%# comment shall we?

I have to be a Patel or related to one to call you out on being a racist? I don't think so. The article talked about a store owner ripping someone off and you automatically assume it was someone from the East Indian community, news flash, you are a racist.

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by PrinceRene on Dec 21, 2014

I have to be a Patel or related to one to call you out on being a racist? I don't think so. The article talked about a store owner ripping someone off and you automatically assume it was someone from the East Indian community, news flash, you are a racist.

First Off: You are not the voice of reason here..

You called me a racist, which l know l clearly am not- l call you an idiot which l know you clearly are.l did not pull the name " Patel" out of a hat. Todd has on numerous occasions posted articles where people have violated the lottery commission rules. Thing is, he did not make up those names either, all you have to do is read the articles posted.

l asked you to do a research on the names- and it seems you did not. Well guess what, l did your homework for you. Listen up genius.

In Ohio; 2010 in a City called Ravenne, a certain Sadhuram Patel was charged with pocketing people money after telling them that they did not have a " winning ticket".

In Dunn NC; A woman won nearly $88,000 but when she went to check her ticket...a certain Sureshba Patel told her that she wasn't a winner and kept the ticket for himself. He was arrested and charged with felony larceny and attempting to obtain property by false pretenses

Oh My..Ketan and Chirag Patel had big plans to cash in on Florida Lottery tickets — but they weren't hoping for Lady Luck to work in their favor, deputies said.

Both men were arrested on extortion charges.

After Ketan Patel found out that an employee at his wife's convenience store was responsible for stealing about $5,000 in lottery tickets, instead of reporting the man to authorities, Ketan Patel threatened to have the man and his sister deported if he didn't hand over nearly $250,000, deputies said.

If any of the above individuals had names such as Smith, Jackson or Jenkins- l would have mentioned them - but the " Patels" rise to the top like cream.

Lets not even discuss a certain Orlando Hotelier Nik Patel who was arrested in a $159 mil Fed Fraud in loans he sold through his company..

** you really ought to pick your battles more wisely.. now run along and play.

PrinceRene

First Off: You are not the voice of reason here..

You called me a racist, which l know l clearly am not- l call you an idiot which l know you clearly are.l did not pull the name " Patel" out of a hat. Todd has on numerous occasions posted articles where people have violated the lottery commission rules. Thing is, he did not make up those names either, all you have to do is read the articles posted.

l asked you to do a research on the names- and it seems you did not. Well guess what, l did your homework for you. Listen up genius.

In Ohio; 2010 in a City called Ravenne, a certain Sadhuram Patel was charged with pocketing people money after telling them that they did not have a " winning ticket".

In Dunn NC; A woman won nearly $88,000 but when she went to check her ticket...a certain Sureshba Patel told her that she wasn't a winner and kept the ticket for himself. He was arrested and charged with felony larceny and attempting to obtain property by false pretenses

Oh My..Ketan and Chirag Patel had big plans to cash in on Florida Lottery tickets — but they weren't hoping for Lady Luck to work in their favor, deputies said.

Both men were arrested on extortion charges.

After Ketan Patel found out that an employee at his wife's convenience store was responsible for stealing about $5,000 in lottery tickets, instead of reporting the man to authorities, Ketan Patel threatened to have the man and his sister deported if he didn't hand over nearly $250,000, deputies said.

If any of the above individuals had names such as Smith, Jackson or Jenkins- l would have mentioned them - but the " Patels" rise to the top like cream.

Lets not even discuss a certain Orlando Hotelier Nik Patel who was arrested in a $159 mil Fed Fraud in loans he sold through his company..

** you really ought to pick your battles more wisely.. now run along and play.

that is a very small segment of the East Indian community. If there was an article about how someone got mugged and I jumped to the conclusion that the mugger is most likely named Tyrone or Jamal, then that would make me a racist against African Americans.

If there was an article about someone getting arrested for sneaking across the border and  I jumped to the conclusion that the person's name must be Martinez, that would make me a racist against Latinos.

In this case, the article is about a store owner who ripped someone off and you immediately jump to the conclusion that the perpetrator was East Indian based on a small sample size. You are a racist. You need to stop spreading stereotypes. It's 2014 not 1950.

noise-gate

You such a freaking hypocrite- coming in here like you pure as the driven snow.Clearly you trying a win an argument without merit.  What the F does crossing the border got to do with folks who are scamming innocent people of their money? Your attempting to take this topic in a direction that  clearly incites taking sides. I think you are a Patel or of the Indian community which is why you being so militant about me naming these folk! I told you before- you are not the voice of reason here, you not walking with Angels here. I detest hypocrisy. 

BTW-  l think you dead from the neck up because instead of leaving things be, you want to prove your point ,  you have just as much faults as the next person, so stop being a self righteous twit.

chris-chase

The owner of RD's Deli by  quick google search is Chang Cho. LMAO..close enough to Patel IMO.

I give the guy an A for effort for trying to scam the potato....lol

PrinceRene

You such a freaking hypocrite- coming in here like you pure as the driven snow.Clearly you trying a win an argument without merit.  What the F does crossing the border got to do with folks who are scamming innocent people of their money? Your attempting to take this topic in a direction that  clearly incites taking sides. I think you are a Patel or of the Indian community which is why you being so militant about me naming these folk! I told you before- you are not the voice of reason here, you not walking with Angels here. I detest hypocrisy. 

BTW-  l think you dead from the neck up because instead of leaving things be, you want to prove your point ,  you have just as much faults as the next person, so stop being a self righteous twit.

I'm not a Patel or part of the Indian community. I don't need to be. My race or ethnicity doesn't matter in order to call someone out on spreading stereotypes.

What the F does crossing the border got to do with folks who are scamming innocent people of their money?

You missed my point and I made it clear as day. The article talks about a store owner scamming someone and you bring up a stereotype about Patel, a common Indian surname. Then I bring up an example of someone getting arrested for crossing the border and I, in order to illustrate my point, use a stereotype and say the person who crossed the border must have been named, Martinez, a common Latino surname. You see how wrong it is to jump to such a conclusion when all sorts of people of different ethnicity enter the US illegally. Stereotypes are de-humanizing generalizations. People need to be judged on a case by case basis based on their actions.

Chacha33

"Dateline" did a similar story here in California five years ago of undercover "winners" hired by the California Lottery attempting to bypass the filing process and redeeming their $1,000 winners for $650 or something like that to avoid having the taxes or other back payments taken out. The clerks and stores that short-changed the claimants had their lottery licenses revoked. But taking advantage of a mentally disabled woman? Tsk, tsk.

DC*Player

Your original and subsequent posts show a high level of prejudice and an unwillingness to humble yourself and be empathetic toward others.  One might suggest that you reread your posts in earnest... Name calling does not strengthen your very vile and prejudice views, nor does it aid in the enlightenment you seek to impart.  Name calling furthers others views that you are insensitive, privileged, entitled and prejudice.  You feel that you are entitled to your prejudice views, and so privileged that you believe OTHERS should do the "research" that supposedly qualifies your argument.  You are wrong.  Do some soul searching and try again, because right now you are failing at life.

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by DC*Player on Dec 21, 2014

Your original and subsequent posts show a high level of prejudice and an unwillingness to humble yourself and be empathetic toward others.  One might suggest that you reread your posts in earnest... Name calling does not strengthen your very vile and prejudice views, nor does it aid in the enlightenment you seek to impart.  Name calling furthers others views that you are insensitive, privileged, entitled and prejudice.  You feel that you are entitled to your prejudice views, and so privileged that you believe OTHERS should do the "research" that supposedly qualifies your argument.  You are wrong.  Do some soul searching and try again, because right now you are failing at life.

Thank you for your input Rip van Winkle.- 3 posts in 4 years? Go back to sleep.Please!

Coin Toss's avatarCoin Toss

PrinceRene, and others,

There's nothing racist about Patel comments. Instead of jumping to conclusions, accusing others, and getting on the pc bandwagon just use the Search feature on top of the page and do a search for Patel.

See what you find.

PrinceRene

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on Dec 22, 2014

PrinceRene, and others,

There's nothing racist about Patel comments. Instead of jumping to conclusions, accusing others, and getting on the pc bandwagon just use the Search feature on top of the page and do a search for Patel.

See what you find.

I've read the articles. Yes, there are dishonest East Indians just like there are dishonest whites, blacks, asians and hispanics. Taking these cases where East Indian store owners have ripped people off and playing them up for laughs paints a broad and unflattering brush over an entire community. For every East Indian store owner who has ripped someone off, how many other store owners of different ethnicities have ripped people off too but we never hear any jokes about them do we?

lejardin's avatarlejardin

Good grief, The story here was about scamming store owners and it has turned into name calling again.  Noise gate backed up his point and a couple of you people start calling racist, what a crock.  Have you nothing better to do?   GIVE IT A REST ALREADY.

PrinceRene

Quote: Originally posted by lejardin on Dec 22, 2014

Good grief, The story here was about scamming store owners and it has turned into name calling again.  Noise gate backed up his point and a couple of you people start calling racist, what a crock.  Have you nothing better to do?   GIVE IT A REST ALREADY.

and what would Noise gate's point be? He thought the store owner's name was Patel and guess what? As a few other posters have already pointed out, the store owner was NOT named Patel. So much for stereotypes.....

majestic1070's avatarmajestic1070

he'll eventually get jail or probation time.

myturn's avatarmyturn

This is one of the reasons why I like subscriptions. Apart from the convenience, it is very secure. Small prizes are credited to the subscription account, for larger prizes a check is mailed to subscriber. And, for those luck enough to win big prize or jackpot, the lottery will contact the subscriber.

PrinceRene

Quote: Originally posted by myturn on Dec 22, 2014

This is one of the reasons why I like subscriptions. Apart from the convenience, it is very secure. Small prizes are credited to the subscription account, for larger prizes a check is mailed to subscriber. And, for those luck enough to win big prize or jackpot, the lottery will contact the subscriber.

sounds good. They should have that here. I'm guessing the lottery brain trust were too busy bringing us Monopoly Millionaire Club.

Goteki54's avatarGoteki54

There is no telling how low this scum can go,  he's still digging.

rock_nc's avatarrock_nc

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Dec 22, 2014

Thank you for your input Rip van Winkle.- 3 posts in 4 years? Go back to sleep.Please!

lol!!!!!Green laugh

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

Noise Gate just let it go. It's not cool to stereotype. We all do it from time to time but when called out about it, the correct response is to say "yeah, I'm wrong on this one" and life goes on.

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by maringoman on Dec 22, 2014

Noise Gate just let it go. It's not cool to stereotype. We all do it from time to time but when called out about it, the correct response is to say "yeah, I'm wrong on this one" and life goes on.

I took issue with being called a racist.If l was l could simply have said " Yeah, whatever". Since you mentioned the fact that we ALL guilty of stereotyping people from time to time however" attempting to cast the first stone" when others do it is hypocritical.That's the point l was attempting to make, but it goes over some heads.

PrinceRene

I took issue with being called a racist.If l was l could simply have said " Yeah, whatever". Since you mentioned the fact that we ALL guilty of stereotyping people from time to time however" attempting to cast the first stone" when others do it is hypocritical.That's the point l was attempting to make, but it goes over some heads.

So you're saying your point is so complex it's going over my head? Nice try of deflecting but that doesn't work on me.

Do you still stand by your statement, "Since the article does not name of the owner who did the deed, l could not help thinking of a name we all familiar with...yeah that one : Patel."?

A quick google search reveals everything we need to know about the situation:

Rd's Delicatessen & Market

463 Franklin St
Melrose MA  02176

Phone: (781) 662-7412

Chang Cho, Owner 

source: 

http://www.manta.com/c/mm07qwz/rd-s-delicatessen-market?ftoggle-frontend-prod-on=abTests.revenue.responsive_12162014_a&utm_expid=82789632-30.8Ue3RXoXRoWAwC0cgSs_wg.2&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Furl%3Fsa%3Dt%26rct%3Dj%26q%3D%26esrc%3Ds%26source%3Dweb%26cd%3D1%26ved%3D0CCAQFjAA%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.manta.com%252Fc%252Fmm07qwz%252Frd-s-delicatessen-market%26ei%3D3ryXVLb1HJbroASs_YKgBw%26usg%3DAFQjCNGoNvnrnuuXkYDzRFry_dvphY-vNw%26sig2%3D_4DM453T9ezdhVzGcQpm5g%26bvm%3Dbv.82001339%2Cd.cGU

So let me summarize what has happened in this thread so far.

An article is posted about the dishonest store owner of Rd's Delicatessen & Market in Melrose, Massachusetts ripping off one of their customers.

Based on past news articles of store owners who happen to have the East Indian surname of Patel, you erroneously jump to the hasty conclusion that in this particular case, the perpetrator must also be named Patel because if Patels have ripped people off in the past, in your mind there must be some necessary connection between Patel and store owner ripping people off.

But as you can see you are wrong. The store owner is not named Patel. There is no necessary connection between Patel and store owner ripping people off. It was all in your prejudiced mind and instead of owning up to it and promising not to stereotype people in the future, you just dig the hole that much deeper.

Yes, I understand there are articles here on Lottery Post of store owners with the surname of Patel ripping off their customers but the horrible practice of ripping off customers is not limited to East Indian store owners. You do understand any store owner, black, white, asian, hispanic, etc, may have the potential to be dishonest and yet the article is posted and where does your mind automatically place blame?

music*'s avatarmusic*

I Agree! with maringoman . Please get your humorous side on Noise Gate. You do have one.  Cheers

DC*Player

Disabuse yourself of the notion that the frequency of my posts relegate me to the back of the room or lessen my claim that you were WRONG!  I did not call you a racist, in fact I pointed out your prejudice... Which was quite clear.  And, once again you believe yourself somewhat witty with the name calling... Please grow up, and learn what it means to have a civil discourse where you may not agree with the views of others but can still be polite.

DC*Player

PrinceRene, and others,

See what you find.

I read noise-gates posts/comments, and they are laced with prejudice; I did not have to jump to any conclusions.  This isn't about being politically correct, this is about humility.  One person (Rene) pointed out that it was prejudice to ASSUME and JUMP to CONCLUSIONS that the store owner was a "Patel."  And, instead of acknowledging that fault noise-gates response was something attune to :  "YOU MUST BE A PATEL, or BE RELATED TO ONE."

That sir, is ridiculous!  This line of thinking is akin to admonishing all black-americans who own a gun as being guilty of some larger illegal crime.  When they very well could be law abiding citizens, who lawfully own their firearm.

This line of thinking also shows that you or noise-gate have never been openly affected by prejudice, and you seem to be very apathetic to the plight and voices being raised here. 

It doesn't matter if one or forty "Patel's," owning lottery stores have been caught scamming, they do not ALL do it, they are not ALL bad... And, to assume so... Makes you PREJUDICE!

noise-gate

DC player- Frankly l don't give a rat's $^//&** what you think. Both you and the other character turned this subject into what it was not intended to be. 

You cannot tell me that both of you have never displayed stereotypically behavior,  you darn well know that if you said that you have not- you would be liars. So just stop this Knights in Shinning Armor behavior, your behavioral traits are not divine, you don't walk on water & don't be so thin skinned -  as someone in the movies once said " don't get attached to things".

As for the re-mark on 3 posts in 4 years, that was said in jest, if you took offense to that statement- have another beer.

My stereo types.

photo stereotyping_cliche_lg_wht.gif

PrinceRene

DC player- Frankly l don't give a rat's $^//&** what you think. Both you and the other character turned this subject into what it was not intended to be. 

You cannot tell me that both of you have never displayed stereotypically behavior,  you darn well know that if you said that you have not- you would be liars. So just stop this Knights in Shinning Armor behavior, your behavioral traits are not divine, you don't walk on water & don't be so thin skinned -  as someone in the movies once said " don't get attached to things".

As for the re-mark on 3 posts in 4 years, that was said in jest, if you took offense to that statement- have another beer.

Classic straw man fallacy at work here. I'm not a knight and shining armor and I have never claimed to be one. I'm not claiming to be perfect but I call out BS when I see it. You are blaming me and DC for turning the subject into something it was not intended to be but that blame falls squarely on your shoulders not ours. The article was posted and most of the other commenters were talking about what a shame it was that this customer was taken advantage of and I agree with them. I took no issue with the other commenters.

But you went above and beyond the other commenters, you made a comment about the likely surname of the store owner of RD's Deli and Market in Melrose, Massachusetts. That's what happens when you make gross generalizations and perpetuate stereotypes, sooner or later you're going to get caught.

Quote: Originally posted by PrinceRene on Dec 22, 2014

I've read the articles. Yes, there are dishonest East Indians just like there are dishonest whites, blacks, asians and hispanics. Taking these cases where East Indian store owners have ripped people off and playing them up for laughs paints a broad and unflattering brush over an entire community. For every East Indian store owner who has ripped someone off, how many other store owners of different ethnicities have ripped people off too but we never hear any jokes about them do we?

Had you read the articles before making assumptions about racism I doubt you would have posted the same remarks.

Two or three, coincidence. When the same name is involved in so many lottery scams it's wither being used as an alias or is a red flag for anyone asking someone else to check their tickets.

Patel might be a very common name in India, but so is Smith in the U.S. There's not a whole bunch of smiths involved in such scams.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Had you read the articles before making assumptions about racism I doubt you would have posted the same remarks.

Two or three, coincidence. When the same name is involved in so many lottery scams it's wither being used as an alias or is a red flag for anyone asking someone else to check their tickets.

Patel might be a very common name in India, but so is Smith in the U.S. There's not a whole bunch of smiths involved in such scams.

noise-gate

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Dec 22, 2014

Check : http://stuffaboutnames.com/smith/criminals.htm

How many Smiths were involved in screwing lottery players over their winnings? do tell.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

How many Smiths were involved in screwing lottery players over their winnings? do tell.

When it comes to lottery tickets you got to keep your eye on everyone.  I consider everyone honest where I buy my tickets but the other day I used the drive thru to buy $10 worth of MM tickets using two marked play slips and the clerk acted like he ran my slips and then handed them back to me with two tickets and said that will be $12.  He tried to sell me two tickets with 3 lines with the megaplier and claimed the terminals must had misprinted my tickets.  I suspect he had some mistakes and were trying to dump them off on me, had he only said $10 I would have never checked those tickets.  Now I back to walking in and watching them run my tickets.

GAman03

The store owner's last name wasn't Patel. The mentally challenged customer recieved her winnings! Really! She got her money! All this hate over a topic! Other  readers would love to read articles and post positive comments thank you! A hit dog hollers!

I believe we were talking lottery scams.

If you want to go the route you took, in many embezzlement, check kiting, hanging paper scams, etc...a commonly used named is I.M. Rich.

I believe we were talking lottery scams.

If you want to go the route you took, in many embezzlement, check kiting, hanging paper scams, etc...a commonly used named is I.M. Rich.

I used to work in a liquor store while going back to school a few years ago and one of the girls I worked with took a check signed "U.R. Stuck".

Teddi's avatarTeddi

Quote: Originally posted by music* on Dec 22, 2014

I Agree! with maringoman . Please get your humorous side on Noise Gate. You do have one.  Cheers

I Agree! Seconded

Stack47

Quote: Originally posted by GAman03 on Dec 22, 2014

The store owner's last name wasn't Patel. The mentally challenged customer recieved her winnings! Really! She got her money! All this hate over a topic! Other  readers would love to read articles and post positive comments thank you! A hit dog hollers!

The store owners name no longer matters and it looks like the fact they sold lottery tickets to a "mentally disabled woman" who was intelligent enough to find the $950 payoff "fishy" doesn't matter either.

Just checked the Mass Lottery website for the name of the woman in the story, but found they don't room for measly $10,000 winners because of all the $1 million winners.

PrinceRene

yes, I know about the articles and I feel the same way as I did before. My position has not changed. I judge people on a case by case basis. Their own actions dictate how I treat them.

As far as lottery scams are concerned, I trust no one with my tickets, this includes Patels, Smiths, Changs, or Martinez. I manually check my tickets myself and I already know what my ticket is worth before handing it to anyone else.

noise-gate

I knew l was right. Typical hypocrite- your words betray you.

" l Judge on a case by case basis" 

You not Royalty although you think you are.

Go back to the shadows.!

PrinceRene

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Dec 23, 2014

Go back to the shadows.!

LOL 

You are grasping at straws now. A username is just a username. I'm not royalty. I choose the, "prince" part of my username as a joke and no, I'm not going any where. You have no right to tell me to stay or leave. You do not own Lottery Post. I have as much right to be here as you or anyone else.

PrinceRene

Go back to the shadows.!

as far as me judging people based on their own actions is concerned. I leave you with a famous quote:

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." -MLK

Judging people based on their own actions is part of determining the content of their character. I don't buy into stereotypes. I treat people the same regardless of skin color and I don't read a news article about a crime that has been committed and then insinuate a person with an East Indian surname must have committed the crime.

That is what you did. The article in this thread talks about a heinous crime of a store owner ripping off a customer and what do you do? You jump to the conclusion that someone in the East Indian community is responsible for the heinous crime. A conclusion I have already demonstrated as false.

I labeled you as a racist based on your action but if you don't want to accept that label that is fine with me. That's up to you. But remember if another news article is posted about a crime being committed, I would want to think twice about insinuating the ethnicity of the perpetrator. Saying someone of a particular community is responsible for the crime before all evidence has come out would make me look racist in most people's eyes.

noise-gate

You quoting MLK in line with your hypocrisy is an utter disgrace.You ought to go back and read your own crap.Your last post was about you " judging people"- by whose authority? ..yours it would seem. I asked you a simple question" have you ever stereotyped anyone- your reply " crickets"

So like l said, get off your high horse charming and out of your bubble. I told you to go back to the shadows to where your evil thoughts are conjured up since you seem to think you part of the Justice league righting so called wrongs.

Say what you will- l know hypocrisy when l see it.

PrinceRene

You quoting MLK in line with your hypocrisy is an utter disgrace.You ought to go back and read your own crap.Your last post was about you " judging people"- by whose authority? ..yours it would seem. I asked you a simple question" have you ever stereotyped anyone- your reply " crickets"

So like l said, get off your high horse charming and out of your bubble. I told you to go back to the shadows to where your evil thoughts are conjured up since you seem to think you part of the Justice league righting so called wrongs.

Say what you will- l know hypocrisy when l see it.

I made my case. You did what you did. Anyone reading this thread will see you are wrong. As far as questioning my character, provide your evidence. Otherwise you are just jumping to another conclusion. Just in case I didn't make myself clear enough here is what I'm talking about,

noise-gate  "Since the article does not name of the owner who did the deed, l could not help thinking of a name we all familiar with...yeah that one : Patel."

It is plain as day to anyone with a working brain cell that remark showed prejudice. Just dig that hole deeper. You are showing your true colors.

noise-gate

Tis the Season...

You may have thought you " made your case" but a Higher Power made this case charming and l know it trumps your thinking...

New International Version

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?  Matt 7:3.

* This is the end of this discussion for me, based on the simple fact that it has run its course, and more importantly- you cannot Checkmate the Christ.

mikeintexa,

U.R. Stuck, can't believe she fell for it, good one.

Scared

PrinceRene,

It's plain as day that many of the people who have been here a lot longer than you and are familiar with the News forum threads about lottery scams wouldn't be at all surprised to find out someone named Patel was involved.

Stop looking for excuses to call others 'racist' - GASP! - and start arguments.

Here, consider this, at the Vegas Golden Nugget in the late 1980s, prior to internet electronic banking, a lot of players from Hong Kong came and had large 'lines of credit' from their local 'banks'. they'd take out markers and if they won, they won. If they lost they'd say, "I go home now, good luck when you call Hong Kong and ask for Mister Lee."

If you were too busy jumping to conclusions to understand the story, there was no such bank and no such lines of credit, it was just bogus phone numbers on fancy looking business cards with an accomplice back in Hong Kong on the phone.

So naturally, after that anyone from Hong Kong named Lee that asked for big markers was suspect, but I guess you'll tell us that's 'racist.'

PrinceRene

Tis the Season...

You may have thought you " made your case" but a Higher Power made this case charming and l know it trumps your thinking...

New International Version

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?  Matt 7:3.

* This is the end of this discussion for me, based on the simple fact that it has run its course, and more importantly- you cannot Checkmate the Christ.

"you cannot Checkmate the Christ"

seems like an airtight argument to me. Green laugh

PrinceRene

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on Dec 23, 2014

mikeintexa,

U.R. Stuck, can't believe she fell for it, good one.

Scared

PrinceRene,

It's plain as day that many of the people who have been here a lot longer than you and are familiar with the News forum threads about lottery scams wouldn't be at all surprised to find out someone named Patel was involved.

Stop looking for excuses to call others 'racist' - GASP! - and start arguments.

Here, consider this, at the Vegas Golden Nugget in the late 1980s, prior to internet electronic banking, a lot of players from Hong Kong came and had large 'lines of credit' from their local 'banks'. they'd take out markers and if they won, they won. If they lost they'd say, "I go home now, good luck when you call Hong Kong and ask for Mister Lee."

If you were too busy jumping to conclusions to understand the story, there was no such bank and no such lines of credit, it was just bogus phone numbers on fancy looking business cards with an accomplice back in Hong Kong on the phone.

So naturally, after that anyone from Hong Kong named Lee that asked for big markers was suspect, but I guess you'll tell us that's 'racist.'

so I take it you stand with NG's comment that the owner of RD's Deli and Market in Melrose was East Indian then? You do know that was not the case right? He made a gross generalization and he was wrong. I don't understand why he made that comment anyway. He could have just waited until more information from the case was revealed or did a google search on who the owner of RD's Deli and Market in Melrose was.

When someone makes a prediction about the ethnicity of someone who committed a crime how does that make them look? Also, how much worse do they look when they are wrong about their prediction?

Stack47

Quote: Originally posted by PrinceRene on Dec 24, 2014

so I take it you stand with NG's comment that the owner of RD's Deli and Market in Melrose was East Indian then? You do know that was not the case right? He made a gross generalization and he was wrong. I don't understand why he made that comment anyway. He could have just waited until more information from the case was revealed or did a google search on who the owner of RD's Deli and Market in Melrose was.

When someone makes a prediction about the ethnicity of someone who committed a crime how does that make them look? Also, how much worse do they look when they are wrong about their prediction?

Even though I live in a mostly rural area of KY, there is a large ethnic diversification among the various store owners. Recently a young couple named Patel purchased a gas/food mart/convenient store and both of them are business major grads. If I were to read where one the area stores was caught cheating, their store would be last store I would guess.

It depends on how comments are viewed and to me Noise was just commenting on the many lottery news stories about lottery scams involving a Patel. I won't comment on my opinion of the other poster trying to justify Noise's remarks except to say age is a huge factor.

Quote: Originally posted by PrinceRene on Dec 24, 2014

I take it that you jumped to a conclusion about 'racist' when anyone mentions a Patel might be involved in a lottery scam. As I said, had you been around here and were more familiar with the News Forum threads about scams you would have been aware of the Patel factor.

You're not the only one who blindly made 'that's racist' remarks about this.

As far as a 'prediction' about the ethnicity of someone who committed a crime you obviously are not familiar with the experience 'factor' of lottery investigators.

You assume very much with very little to back it up.

PrinceRene

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on Dec 24, 2014

I take it that you jumped to a conclusion about 'racist' when anyone mentions a Patel might be involved in a lottery scam. As I said, had you been around here and were more familiar with the News Forum threads about scams you would have been aware of the Patel factor.

You're not the only one who blindly made 'that's racist' remarks about this.

As far as a 'prediction' about the ethnicity of someone who committed a crime you obviously are not familiar with the experience 'factor' of lottery investigators.

You assume very much with very little to back it up.

It was already shown by myself and other posters that the owner of RD's Deli and Market in Melrose, Massachusetts did not have the surname of Patel. I submit the link below as proof or you can look it up for yourself on google if you don't believe me. 

Rd's Delicatessen & Market

463 Franklin St
MelroseMA  02176

Phone: (781) 662-7412

Chang Cho, Owner 

source: 

http://www.manta.com/c/mm07qwz/rd-s-delicatessen-market?ftoggle-frontend-prod-on=abTests.revenue.responsive_12162014_a&utm_expid=82789632-30.8Ue3RXoXRoWAwC0cgSs_wg.2&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Furl%3Fsa%3Dt%26rct%3Dj%26q%3D%26esrc%3Ds%26source%3Dweb%26cd%3D1%26ved%3D0CCAQFjAA%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.manta.com%252Fc%252Fmm07qwz%252Frd-s-delicatessen-market%26ei%3D3ryXVLb1HJbroASs_YKgBw%26usg%3DAFQjCNGoNvnrnuuXkYDzRFry_dvphY-vNw%26sig2%3D_4DM453T9ezdhVzGcQpm5g%26bvm%3Dbv.82001339%2Cd.cGU

PrinceRene

Quote: Originally posted by Stack47 on Dec 24, 2014

Even though I live in a mostly rural area of KY, there is a large ethnic diversification among the various store owners. Recently a young couple named Patel purchased a gas/food mart/convenient store and both of them are business major grads. If I were to read where one the area stores was caught cheating, their store would be last store I would guess.

It depends on how comments are viewed and to me Noise was just commenting on the many lottery news stories about lottery scams involving a Patel. I won't comment on my opinion of the other poster trying to justify Noise's remarks except to say age is a huge factor.

Noise has already said he wants to end the discussion. Frankly, I have better things to do over the holidays. I'm not bringing up the subject anymore unless someone wants me to keep debating.

PrinceRene,

We're not talking about that particular incident.

Noise-gate just made mention of 'Patel' and you went off on this tangent.

I'd post links to all the not-so-nice Patel articles but I'm sure no proof would sway your opinion.

Stack47

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on Dec 25, 2014

PrinceRene,

I'd post links to all the not-so-nice Patel articles but I'm sure no proof would sway your opinion.

"We're not talking about that particular incident."

The story is about one store owner, Chang Cho losing their lottery license for scamming and you want to post unrelated links to articles about people named Patel. 

We all get your point, but your links won't prove all store owners named Patel scam their customers; no more than links about cheating casino dealers proves all dealers are cheats.

Quote: Originally posted by Stack47 on Dec 26, 2014

"We're not talking about that particular incident."

The story is about one store owner, Chang Cho losing their lottery license for scamming and you want to post unrelated links to articles about people named Patel. 

We all get your point, but your links won't prove all store owners named Patel scam their customers; no more than links about cheating casino dealers proves all dealers are cheats.

Well Stack, if I was of the pc mindset I'd be highly GASP offended by you insinuating dealers are cheats. I guess your vast knowledge of everything in casinos you got from Barney Vinsons' book didn't inform you that in the old days 'mechanics' were purposely  put on certain games or that 'cheats' don't last long.
I guess you just had to make a comment. I'll just consider part of your neenee neener it is condition.

As for this thread,

OP title:  Scamming store owner loses lottery license

Post by noise-gate:  Since the article does not name of the owner who did the deed, l could not help thinking of a name we all familiar with...yeah that one : Patel.

I not only see no harm in what noise-gate said but face it others here were thinking the same thing.

I guess in your twisted mind you and only you can have an opinion.

Golf Foxtrot Yankee.

Stack47

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on Dec 26, 2014

Well Stack, if I was of the pc mindset I'd be highly GASP offended by you insinuating dealers are cheats. I guess your vast knowledge of everything in casinos you got from Barney Vinsons' book didn't inform you that in the old days 'mechanics' were purposely  put on certain games or that 'cheats' don't last long.
I guess you just had to make a comment. I'll just consider part of your neenee neener it is condition.

As for this thread,

OP title:  Scamming store owner loses lottery license

Post by noise-gate:  Since the article does not name of the owner who did the deed, l could not help thinking of a name we all familiar with...yeah that one : Patel.

I not only see no harm in what noise-gate said but face it others here were thinking the same thing.

I guess in your twisted mind you and only you can have an opinion.

Golf Foxtrot Yankee.

"if I was of the pc mindset I'd be highly GASP offended by you insinuating dealers are cheats."

It sure looks like you were offended and ticked off, but you won't admit it even though you told me to "GFY".

"Barney Vinsons' book didn't inform you that in the old days 'mechanics' were purposely  put on certain games or that 'cheats' don't last long."

Several of my gaming books have stories about the "old days" as did several of the TV shows about casino gambling on various cable stations. You weren't the only person hearing those stories while working inside the casino industry because many others wrote books telling the same stories. And some were re-enacted for TV. Are you saying the stories you heard are trade secrets? 

The only unique story I read by you was trying to show some Asian gamblers how to play Craps at a casino where you didn't work. Congratulation for at least trying to show them your way of playing Craps is superior. Did you tell them to GFY when came back to your casino and played their old way?

"I not only see no harm in what noise-gate said but face it others here were thinking the same thing."

The only thing I mentioned about Noise's remarks was "It depends on how comments are viewed and to me Noise was just commenting on the many lottery news stories about lottery scams involving a Patel".

"I'd post links to all the not-so-nice Patel articles but I'm sure no proof would sway your opinion."

And I gave the cheating dealer analogy without mentioning any ethnic group, country, or any specific game, but it really ticked you off. Posting those links about only the Patels will confirm opinions about you. 

A store owner lost his lottery license after being caught scamming a mentally disabled woman. Do you have anything to add about that?

Well Stack since no one's actual experiences can compare to the extensive knowledge you've picked up from 'gaming'* books and you always have to have the last word talking to you has become the equivalent of telling a hair raising story to a bald headed man.

* In the 1980s when the casinos had to go out of state for financing they had to deal with Mormon bankers. They knew gambling wasn't a palatable word to use when trying to get money from Mormon bankers to expand the business so gambling became 'gaming'.

As far as 'hearing those stories on cable' while working in casinos we didn't just hear them, we lived them. Et Vous?

Adios.

Stack47

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on Dec 27, 2014

Well Stack since no one's actual experiences can compare to the extensive knowledge you've picked up from 'gaming'* books and you always have to have the last word talking to you has become the equivalent of telling a hair raising story to a bald headed man.

* In the 1980s when the casinos had to go out of state for financing they had to deal with Mormon bankers. They knew gambling wasn't a palatable word to use when trying to get money from Mormon bankers to expand the business so gambling became 'gaming'.

As far as 'hearing those stories on cable' while working in casinos we didn't just hear them, we lived them. Et Vous?

Adios.

Why can't you understand the simple fact former and present dealers, many with more years of experience than you, wrote books about their experiences?

And other books were written by players who heard the same stories from dealers and some books were written by casino executives. I bought a collection of gaming books at an estate sale, but have no reason to check the authenticity of stories. I read a similar story about Howard Hughes and "Mormon Bankers", but using gaming versus gambling is now used to distinguish between casual and professional. Only you know the relevance of out of state Mormon banking as opposed to all the other bankers.

"As far as 'hearing those stories on cable' while working in casinos we didn't just hear them, we lived them."

Your logic must not apply to yourself unless you were scammed several times by store owners named Patel. Is there a difference between you reading stories about store owners and clerks named Patel or me reading "behind the table" casino stories?

Well Stack, once again you prove you have to have the last word.

A long time ago I made a post here about my first pit boss. A few of us were in the gift shop looking over some gambling books for sale and he said, "Once you're in the business for a while you'll never get past page 6 of any of these book before you say, "This guy is full of baloney too."

Tell you what, go work in a casino for a while and then we'll talk.

Stack47

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on Dec 28, 2014

Well Stack, once again you prove you have to have the last word.

A long time ago I made a post here about my first pit boss. A few of us were in the gift shop looking over some gambling books for sale and he said, "Once you're in the business for a while you'll never get past page 6 of any of these book before you say, "This guy is full of baloney too."

Tell you what, go work in a casino for a while and then we'll talk.

Why can't you understand the simple fact former and present dealers, many with more years of experience than you, wrote books about their experiences?

I expected your last word would be an answer to the question, but you come up with a silly story unrelated to the question and not even close to the thread topic. I didn't know pit bosses were known to hang out with dealers in gift shops, but next time in a casino, I'll look for it.

"Tell you what, go work in a casino for a while and then we'll talk."

I'm still trying to figure out why a "few of you" were reading gambling books in the gift shop. Was that part of your job, back in the day?

Stack,

A lot of those books are written by players trying to get more money to gamble with and also by degenerates in the business for the same reason. Very akin to many who sell lottery systems.

If you never been to it or the website just search Gambler's Book club.

If you don't have a copy or can find one John Scarne wrote an Encyclopedia of Gambling. I don't think lottery would be in there as it was a pre- 1964 publication date but it has a lot of gambling history in it.

There's a lot of things you don't know about pit bosses. We were just looking at the books on a break and he came in to the gift shop to buy a newspaper. Sheesh.

You're really making yourself look foolish by jumping to conclusions, making false assumptions, and trying to pass yourself off as knowing a lot about something you don't know all that much about.

We once had a writer for the Gambling Times on our game. He had a dice Q & A column and called himself the dice guru or something similar. Turned out he knew less about the game than the people who sent questions to him.

PrinceRene

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on Dec 25, 2014

PrinceRene,

How did I go off on a tangent? I'm talking about the article that started the thread. The link I posted is for RD's Deli and Market in Melrose, Massachusetts, the same store that is talked about in the article.

Quote: Originally posted by PrinceRene on Dec 29, 2014

How did I go off on a tangent? I'm talking about the article that started the thread. The link I posted is for RD's Deli and Market in Melrose, Massachusetts, the same store that is talked about in the article.

This is how:

noise-gate:

you:
wow....racist much?????

You were very quick to say 'racist' without any thought about why he might have said what he said.

Stack47

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on Dec 29, 2014

Stack,

A lot of those books are written by players trying to get more money to gamble with and also by degenerates in the business for the same reason. Very akin to many who sell lottery systems.

If you never been to it or the website just search Gambler's Book club.

If you don't have a copy or can find one John Scarne wrote an Encyclopedia of Gambling. I don't think lottery would be in there as it was a pre- 1964 publication date but it has a lot of gambling history in it.

There's a lot of things you don't know about pit bosses. We were just looking at the books on a break and he came in to the gift shop to buy a newspaper. Sheesh.

You're really making yourself look foolish by jumping to conclusions, making false assumptions, and trying to pass yourself off as knowing a lot about something you don't know all that much about.

We once had a writer for the Gambling Times on our game. He had a dice Q & A column and called himself the dice guru or something similar. Turned out he knew less about the game than the people who sent questions to him.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about pit bosses. We were just looking at the books on a break and he came in to the gift shop to buy a newspaper. Sheesh."

I never saw any of the dealers in a rest room and you want me to believe you and your crew (We were just looking at books) took breaks in the gift shop. On every Crap table I played, the dealers rotated, taking turns going on break. The card tables have "break dealers" and next time I'll ask if it's common for any dealer to take their break in the gift shop.

"You're really making yourself look foolish by jumping to conclusions, making false assumptions, and trying to pass yourself off as knowing a lot about something you don't know all that much about."

I'm not the one saying it's common for dealers and pit bosses to take breaks in the gift shop reading "how to play" books.

Like I said, go work in a casino for a while and then we'll talk. Another very common place to take breaks is the sports book.

You never worked in it and you're going to tell me what's common and what isn't, that's really rich.

Of course in your world if you never saw something it didn't happen so from here on in it's pointless discussing anything with you.

Stack47

Like I said, go work in a casino for a while and then we'll talk. Another very common place to take breaks is the sports book.

You never worked in it and you're going to tell me what's common and what isn't, that's really rich.

Of course in your world if you never saw something it didn't happen so from here on in it's pointless discussing anything with you.

"You never worked in it and you're going to tell me what's common and what isn't, that's really rich."

According to someone I know who currently works in a casino, dealers on break are not allowed to wonder around the casinos. But they did say, "back in the day", some casinos allowed their dealers to play slot machines while on break. That was 30 years ago.

"it's pointless discussing anything with you."

You completely forgot the topic is about a store owner who scammed a customer and began telling me silly casino stuff that sounded more like it came from a porter than a dealer.

Too much detail is always sure sign of a good con. Not just you, but your entire crew was in the gift shop, all of you reading a "how to gamble book", when the Pit Boss happens to wonder in buying a newspaper. Forgetting the fact he sees his dealers reading books to learn how to play the game their dealing not giving one thought to who was running their Craps table, he tells them a book he probably never read was false. The one about the Mormon bankers was a hoot too.

I just saw where the downtown casino you said you worked for is no longer a Station Casino. The Boyd Gaming Corp owns it, but still uses the name Main Street Station. Have a fond memory of hitting four 7s playing Let it Ride the only time I was in the building.

Your stories are like talking about watching the Lottery Stories on TV; not anything you did, but what you heard. Nothing wrong with that until you get ticked off when somebody points out other people heard your stories too and some wrote about them. You're correct it is pointless.

You make many assumptions Stack. I never said my entire crew was in the gift shop. I'm surprised that with your vast knowledge and work experience in casinos you didn't know that the way it works there is one person per crew on a break.

The pit boss had a floorman and boxman running the crap table. The boxman was an old timer and spotted known cheats as they came in.

I don't know if the Fertiita family ever owned Main St Station but it opened up as The Park and was a near place, more than just a casino. Had some pool tables upstairs. Also introduced the game of Two-up to Vegas, the players loved it. Guys loved it to as they packed gym bags and told their wives they were going to the 'park'.

By the way I never said I worked there, must be another one of your false memories. I did work at the Cal for a few years, owned by the Boyd Group.

See Ya!  See Ya!  See Ya!

PrinceRene

This is how:

noise-gate:

you:
wow....racist much?????

You were very quick to say 'racist' without any thought about why he might have said what he said.

I gave plenty of thought into it. That's not a label I throw around.

PrinceRene,

You might have gave plenty of thought into it but you didn't research Patel on this board before posting what you posted.

Oh well. Happy New Year.

Stack47

Quote: Originally posted by Coin Toss on Dec 30, 2014

You make many assumptions Stack. I never said my entire crew was in the gift shop. I'm surprised that with your vast knowledge and work experience in casinos you didn't know that the way it works there is one person per crew on a break.

The pit boss had a floorman and boxman running the crap table. The boxman was an old timer and spotted known cheats as they came in.

I don't know if the Fertiita family ever owned Main St Station but it opened up as The Park and was a near place, more than just a casino. Had some pool tables upstairs. Also introduced the game of Two-up to Vegas, the players loved it. Guys loved it to as they packed gym bags and told their wives they were going to the 'park'.

By the way I never said I worked there, must be another one of your false memories. I did work at the Cal for a few years, owned by the Boyd Group.

See Ya!  See Ya!  See Ya!

"I never said my entire crew was in the gift shop."

I explained that the other day when I said: you want me to believe you and your crew (We were just looking at books) took breaks in the gift shop. On every Crap table I played, the dealers rotated, taking turns going on break. The card tables have "break dealers" and next time I'll ask if it's common for any dealer to take their break in the gift shop.

The last time I looked most Crap tables use four dealers with one on break, but you made it clear more than one dealer (WE) was in the gift shop. I always wondered who gives the Box man a break.

"By the way I never said I worked there, must be another one of your false memories."

It's obvious you didn't mean the other members of you Crap table crew when you said "WE were just looking at books", but it should be just as obvious it could read as your entire crew. And that what usually happens when someone isn't clear just like what was said at the start of this thread. That include the responses too because there are other ways to say what you mean. The best was from fja who made it clear this store owner wasn't a Patel and use an emote to say what he thought about it.

Fact one, there are several lottery stories about store owners and clerks named Patel, but this owner isn't a Patel and why it's possible someone could view what was said as a racist remark. You gave your opinion, made your point, and that is enough. Is continuing saying you don't think it was a racist remark really that important to you that you're willing to risk sounding like a racist trying to prove your point?

I'll play your lunatic game one more time:

The last time I looked most Crap tables use four dealers with one on break, but you made it clear more than one dealer (WE) was in the gift shop.always wondered who gives the Box man a break.

If there are three tables open there are 4 boxmen, one rotates (relief) and gives the other three breaks. If there are four tables the break guy does all four, etc... If there are six game open there are eight boxmen. Guess that wasn't covered in any of your books.
That's unless there is some huge action going on that calls for double box, that means two boxmen on a game.

For entertainment purposes I'll call the guy in this story Stack, it's a true story. The dice pit boss called in one night and they had a guy from the 21 pit run the dice pit. Three tables. So he assigned a boxman to each table. There was a fourth boxman there and instead of saying, You're the relief" he asked him if he wanted to go home.

When I said we were in the gift shop you assumed it was an entire crew. Anyone actually in the business would have known the meaning.

The more you try and share what you know about casino work the more you divulge you don't know what you're talking about.

Bye bye, find someone else to chase and dissect their posts, in blue of course.

See Ya!

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story