NH Lottery launches bacon-scented scratch ticket

Jan 20, 2015, 9:27 am (39 comments)

New Hampshire Lottery

CONCORD, N.H. — The New Hampshire Lottery has launched its first scratch-and-sniff scratch ticket, the organization announced Monday.

The "I Heart Bacon Scratch Ticket" costs $1 and offers a grand prize of $1,000.

The ticket first went on sale Jan. 5.

Players get a whiff of bacon after scratching the ticket.

"The (NH) Lottery is focused on developing new and fun ways to engage customers. The I Heart Bacon scratch ticket combines two things people love: the chance to win cash and the wonderful, enticing smell of bacon," said Charlie McIntyre, executive director of the New Hampshire Lottery Commission.

The lottery will hand out the scratch tickets and free slices of bacon outside the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester on Jan. 21, at the Cumberland Farms on Main Street in Keene on Jan. 23, at the Durham Marketplace on Jan. 24 and at the Hooksett Welcome Centers on Jan. 30.

News story photo(Click to display full-size in gallery)

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

Think's avatarThink

Is the payout percentage going to be less because of this dumb gimmick?

Is some of the money going to pay off a patent or licensing agreement?

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

this the other "gotcha by the nose"  Green laugh 

stock up on a few cases of tactical bacon and problem solved Roll Eyes

jarasan's avatarjarasan

The followers of the profit moemoe are not going to be scratching this one,  or should we expect protests?

What?

temptustoo's avatartemptustoo

what a JOKE !!! wheres the BEEF

mikeintexas's avatarmikeintexas

I always found it ironic that N.H. has "Live Free or Die" on their license plates...plates that are made by prison inmates.

bigbuckswede

This scratcher was invented in honour of all the Homer Simpsons out there.... "Aaaaaahhh...."

shadowlady's avatarshadowlady

Seriously, I would want to buy a bunch.

"Everything is better with BACON!!"

Get paid's avatarGet paid

Totally Ridiculous.

ThatScaryChick's avatarThatScaryChick

A ticket smelling like bacon doesn't make me want to buy one. Maybe they should make one that smells like money. Wink

jarasan's avatarjarasan

Quote: Originally posted by ThatScaryChick on Jan 20, 2015

A ticket smelling like bacon doesn't make me want to buy one. Maybe they should make one that smells like money. Wink

I Agree! But that would be for winners right???  Whadda 'bout the losers?

Coin Toss's avatarCoin Toss

Quote: Originally posted by jarasan on Jan 20, 2015

The followers of the profit moemoe are not going to be scratching this one,  or should we expect protests?

What?

Excellent!

If one of them played one and it was a winner, would they dare cash it in?

Scared

noise-gate

Just you wait for some silly lawsuit about my " Kid ate the ticket because of the bacon smell and had to be rushed to hospital. .etc etc"

Quote: Originally posted by noise-gate on Jan 20, 2015

Just you wait for some silly lawsuit about my " Kid ate the ticket because of the bacon smell and had to be rushed to hospital. .etc etc"

Skeptical is it me or did the IQ level just take a dip for a minute ??

DoctorWhy's avatarDoctorWhy

The Hoosier Lottery had a chocolate scented scratch off out last year. I played it and found it quite difficult to scratch. I dont know if it was because of the scented latex or what.

noise-gate

For Hearsetrax:

I am stating the obvious..a few days ago we had a woman complain about how she is going to have to explain to her Pastor about her winnings. from the lottery..

We also had a gentleman attempt to have a convenience store clerk " cash" his misprinted ticket to the tune of $500,000- so what does your IQ tell you people are capable of doing next..huh? 

rcbbuckeye's avatarrcbbuckeye

Bacon scented scratch off lottery ticket.

I'm at a loss for words....except now I've heard everything lottery related.

JoeBigLotto's avatarJoeBigLotto

I am not exactly sure what this new hampshire lottery department are thinking about. If i want to smell the bacon and don't win any money won't it be easier to join the tv show the biggest loser. Ok i have my response smell my money am not buying your bacon scratch because i can buy real bacon at burger king. And is this also an attempt to stop vegetarians from scratching since they will now be forced to smell the bacon and throw up and why can't we smell kim kardashian perfume on it that is better than real bacon .SmashSmashSmashROFL

grwurston's avatargrwurston

What will they think of next???   Green laugh

JoeBigLotto's avatarJoeBigLotto

Quote: Originally posted by DoctorWhy on Jan 20, 2015

The Hoosier Lottery had a chocolate scented scratch off out last year. I played it and found it quite difficult to scratch. I dont know if it was because of the scented latex or what.

Maybe mr Patel was licking the ticket at his counter trying to steal the money and the chocolates too thoes Patels are really crazy lottery agents i think it is time for the lottery department to recall all Patels from there past and future inventories lol.

four4me

I like some bacon with some bread$$$$$$$ ROFL

Gleno's avatarGleno

01/21/15 Wed. 7:02 A.M.

A little benefit for pork producers getting into the lottery action?

Everyone likes it when the politicians bring back the bacon from D.C to their home districts.

This game has interesting subliminal messages.

I can smell the bacon from N.H. to N.J

Should  be interesting to watch what other foods are brought into the games "to engage customers".

There is something for everyone in this wacky world of lottery games. 

Time to "Pig Out"! 

Wink

JADELottery's avatarJADELottery

We see a lot of B.L.T.'s in their future.

Bacon Losing Tickets

JADELottery's avatarJADELottery

Tear 'em up... make Bac-Os.

Sprinkle 'em on your Salad.

lottolaughs's avatarlottolaughs

You gotta love it.

This could have only been master minded at a NH "lottery big wig" breakfast meeting.

As the waffles and bacon were served the lighbulb went off.

"This is it! Our new campaign!" One big wig said to the other as he kissed the slice of bacon. "Mwaaaa!" 

uprrman's avataruprrman

Quote: Originally posted by lottolaughs on Jan 21, 2015

You gotta love it.

This could have only been master minded at a NH "lottery big wig" breakfast meeting.

As the waffles and bacon were served the lighbulb went off.

"This is it! Our new campaign!" One big wig said to the other as he kissed the slice of bacon. "Mwaaaa!" 

bacon huh. i like it. if ill. would do this i would buy some.Lurking

MillionsWanted's avatarMillionsWanted

Smells like a winner. Muslims are probably not part of the demographic.

Quote: Originally posted by MillionsWanted on Jan 21, 2015

Smells like a winner. Muslims are probably not part of the demographic.

LOLOLOL.

I was thinking the same thing!

Quote: Originally posted by rcbbuckeye on Jan 21, 2015

LOLOLOL.

I was thinking the same thing!

Me too, but I wasn't going to say anything, afraid I'd get "Patel'ed" and accused of being a bigot.

Scratch 'n sniff lottery tickets reminded me of the scratch 'n sniff warning cards the local gas utility sends out once a year w/ a tiny bit of mercaptan on them, the chemical they add to natural gas as so to give it a smell, also the scratch 'n sniff perfume samples they put in magazines....plus the scratch 'n sniff centerfold from Hustler several years ago.

Quote: Originally posted by mikeintexas on Jan 21, 2015

Me too, but I wasn't going to say anything, afraid I'd get "Patel'ed" and accused of being a bigot.

Scratch 'n sniff lottery tickets reminded me of the scratch 'n sniff warning cards the local gas utility sends out once a year w/ a tiny bit of mercaptan on them, the chemical they add to natural gas as so to give it a smell, also the scratch 'n sniff perfume samples they put in magazines....plus the scratch 'n sniff centerfold from Hustler several years ago.

Hustler???

What's Hustler???

Never heard of it!!!

Never looked at one!!!

Only read the articles!!!

Oh, wait. I mean I never heard of it!!!

I saw one on eBay a few years back for something like thirty bucks. A friend of mine had one of them and let me have a whiff after he had scratched the ....well, place where you were supposed to scratch.  I remembered this after I had posted earlier.

Scratch-and-sniff jeans keep you smellin' fine

fbird's avatarfbird

next up...eggs and then waffles....or maybe even coffee......really stupid   Dupe Alert

LottoMetro's avatarLottoMetro

Quote: Originally posted by fbird on Jan 22, 2015

next up...eggs and then waffles....or maybe even coffee......really stupid   Dupe Alert

What's wrong with the signature scented Waffle House scratch-off?? Even has a reoccurring smell of cigarettes with the hot food goodness!

Green laugh

Quote: Originally posted by LottoMetro on Jan 23, 2015

What's wrong with the signature scented Waffle House scratch-off?? Even has a reoccurring smell of cigarettes with the hot food goodness!

Green laugh

am sure b4 much longer they'll make a scratcher that costs $10 and smells like your average sports bar

just give them timeGreen laugh

baysideinc34's avatarbaysideinc34

Quote: Originally posted by Think on Jan 20, 2015

Is the payout percentage going to be less because of this dumb gimmick?

Is some of the money going to pay off a patent or licensing agreement?

when wining it feels good i posted some number for all year around play them and you will be wining to day now thats feel good geting big pay out rite thats good news

MillionsWanted's avatarMillionsWanted

What about armpit scented tickets?

FlamingoGirl's avatarFlamingoGirl

That's great, but I prefer cash scented! Smells like fresh, crisp greenbacks! lol! Wink

RedStang's avatarRedStang

Quote: Originally posted by MillionsWanted on Jan 25, 2015

What about armpit scented tickets?

That would work if your marketing to Patels.

cbr$'s avatarcbr$

Green laughBacon - scented scratch -off lottery ticket, I guess it may not be safe to leave a half scratch off ticket around a family pet. The pet will believe his owner don't want to share the goods. His nose tell him it goodies there, so where is it. LOL

Scratch$'s avatarScratch$

LottoMetro:

No cigarette smell in Waffle Houses in North Carolina! A statewide ban on smoking in restaurants went into effect just over five years ago. Big Grin

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story