Texas Lottery has its best week of scratch-off sales in 23-year history

Feb 10, 2015, 10:23 am (18 comments)

Texas Lottery

Scratch-off sales for last week totaled nearly $76 million

Last week, the Texas Lottery had its highest scratch-off ticket sales in the Lottery's 23-year history.

Sales for scratch-off games totaled $75,677,650 beating the previous record of $75,360,138 set in March 2013.

"We are thrilled with last week's scratch-off sales as revenue generated from these games benefits public education and veterans in Texas," said Gary Grief, executive director of the Texas Lottery."  When Texans are playing for record jackpots like Wednesday's estimated $450 million Powerball jackpot, we not only experience an increase in Powerball sales, but see increased sales across our portfolio of games."

Scratch-off ticket sales for the week of Feb. 1, 2015 through Feb. 7, 2015 were up 11.3 percent over the prior week's sales of $68,001,588.

In addition to phenomenal scratch-off sales, the Texas Lottery's Powerball sales for Saturday's drawing totaled $8.2 million, a growth of 109.7 percent from the previous Saturday Powerball drawing on Jan. 31.

News story photo(Click to display full-size in gallery)

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

Gleno's avatarGleno

Texans sure  love their  scratch off tickets.

Wink

rcbbuckeye's avatarrcbbuckeye

I even broke down and bought 2 $5 scratchers last Sunday. Not sure what got in to me, I rarely play those things.

TnTicketlosers's avatarTnTicketlosers

So does Tennesseans,but you wont win nothing.

TnTicketlosers's avatarTnTicketlosers

At the Alabama line,their workers have their favorites sitting at the tables.....You buy 5 to 7 $20.00 tickets,you dont hit,they call them up to buy the next ticket....all those tickets in the building and they just happen to buy your next one,,,,,yea right,,,and the old man in the small white building bends the corners down on them.Why is that?????Tennessee Lottery your magic mile is a scam too.Go check this guy out...

ttech10's avatarttech10

A whole $1 is from me.

ThatScaryChick's avatarThatScaryChick

Quote: Originally posted by Gleno on Feb 10, 2015

Texans sure  love their  scratch off tickets.

Wink

They really do! LOL

PrinceRene

Quote: Originally posted by TnTicketlosers on Feb 10, 2015

Cause of the dragon lady, right? LOL

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

We should expect to see a rush of sizable prize winners on the Texas Lottery website. Poor believers, you've been had. Nothing like that is going to happen. Bandit

JoeBigLotto's avatarJoeBigLotto

I don't think Texas lottery should be proud of their scratch off profit because am a truck driver and I travel thru all 48 states and I can honestly testify that Texas is the most difficult state to win on a scratch off ticket. Some states give you free ticket but Texas takes away 100 percent of your money cold bloody way. In Texas you see people buying but hardly anybody claiming. I love to buy scratch off but am afraid of doing so in Texas and I get more upset seeing them talk of profits I think we need federal investigation.Shocked

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

Hubby and I use to buy scratch-offs when we went to Texas but we never won anything big so we stopped. Looks like the next time we go we need to grab a few Big Grin

JoeBigLotto's avatarJoeBigLotto

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Feb 10, 2015

Hubby and I use to buy scratch-offs when we went to Texas but we never won anything big so we stopped. Looks like the next time we go we need to grab a few Big Grin

You sound like a nice sweet lady. My advice to you is to buy scratch off from Arkansas and Louisiana and New mexico before entering Texas but if you want to keep lossing in Texas then go buy there even lab rats learn from their electric shock perimeter fences lolSurrender

Piaceri

I rarely buy Texas scratch offs. Never win. I can buy 4 in a row and not even get the price of a single one back.

mikeintexas's avatarmikeintexas

Quote: Originally posted by JoeBigLotto on Feb 10, 2015

I don't think Texas lottery should be proud of their scratch off profit because am a truck driver and I travel thru all 48 states and I can honestly testify that Texas is the most difficult state to win on a scratch off ticket. Some states give you free ticket but Texas takes away 100 percent of your money cold bloody way. In Texas you see people buying but hardly anybody claiming. I love to buy scratch off but am afraid of doing so in Texas and I get more upset seeing them talk of profits I think we need federal investigation.Shocked

<snicker>

Quote: Originally posted by JoeBigLotto on Feb 10, 2015

All lotteries are in business to make money. That means profit. Profit is not a dirty word. I sell furniture for a living. If my company doesn't make a profit from the sales, they go out of business and I don't have a job.

It's good that they are up front about the money they make and where it goes (in Texas it's education).

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Quote: Originally posted by rcbbuckeye on Feb 10, 2015

All lotteries are in business to make money. That means profit. Profit is not a dirty word. I sell furniture for a living. If my company doesn't make a profit from the sales, they go out of business and I don't have a job.

It's good that they are up front about the money they make and where it goes (in Texas it's education).

I play our scratchers regularly...get on hot streaks and cold streaks....just biding my time and sayin' my prayers.
I have noticed a significant amount of winners on the scratch off big prize from San Antonio....must be a whole lotta scratching going on down there LOL

Quote: Originally posted by CDanaT on Feb 11, 2015

I play our scratchers regularly...get on hot streaks and cold streaks....just biding my time and sayin' my prayers.
I have noticed a significant amount of winners on the scratch off big prize from San Antonio....must be a whole lotta scratching going on down there LOL

Yeah, a lot of winners in San Antone and around Houston too.

IT'S RIGGED!!! LOL

Scratch$'s avatarScratch$

Quote: Originally posted by TnTicketlosers on Feb 10, 2015

I agree, Tennessee has lousy scratchers overall. Massachusetts has the best.

Scratch$'s avatarScratch$

For such a large state, Texas scratchers are pretty weak.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story