Friday the 13th is lucky day for Ohio lottery player

Nov 14, 2015, 7:55 am (33 comments)

Mega Millions

For the first time since 2013, a winning Mega Millions jackpot ticket has been sold in Ohio, lottery officials announced early Saturday.

Friday the 13th was actually a lucky day for one Ohio ticket-holder who matched all six numbers drawn Friday evening to win the estimated $200 million top prize. The cash value is $121 million.

The ticket was purchased at Blendon Drive Thru in Westerville, about 16 miles north of Columbus, lottery spokeswoman Sandra Neal said. She didn't yet know the identity of the lucky person. The winning ticket was an Auto Pick (random numbers generated by the lottery terminal).

The retailer will receive a $100,000 agent sales bonus for selling the jackpot ticket.

The winning numbers are white balls 17, 18, 31, 35, and 59, with Mega Ball number 9. The Megaplier was 5.

Ohio had an especially lucky Friday in that another Mega Millions ticket worth $1 million also was sold in the state. That ticket matched all five white balls but not the Mega Ball.

One other ticket from California matched the first five numbers but not the Mega Ball. That ticket is worth $320,133 because California uniquely pays out Mega Millions prizes in a pari-mutuel formula — based on the number of tickets sold and the number won.

The estimated jackpot for the next drawing Tuesday drops to $15 million.

Some Mega Millions trivia:

• March 12, 2013, was the last time a Mega Millions jackpot was won in Ohio.
  • The last Friday the 13th when a Mega Millions jackpot was won was June 13, 2014, in Michigan.
  • Friday was the eighth time this year the Mega Millions jackpot was won.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

Raven62's avatarRaven62

Congrats to the Lucky Winner!

zephbe's avatarzephbe

Wonder if it is the same person who played two tickets with different mega balls?

Congrats to the winner :)

jjtheprince

How in the hell did they get the lottery terminal to play trends for them?  I'm telling you that no one will ever win another MM or PB jackpot without playing trends (back to back number pairs).

No congrats here, curse them for winning my mega millions.

Erzulieredeyes's avatarErzulieredeyes

Finally Ohio wins something! It's been quite awhile.

I thought I had the winning ticket...lol  I rushed home from work for nothing, I matched the first three numbers and mega ball from a quick pick. 

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

Congratulations to the winner/s Thumbs Up

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

curious bit of trivia thar,Todd Thumbs Up

bthom04

I remember matching 3 balls when the jackpot was won in VA and thought I won at least a desirable prize, but nope, $5.00!

Quote: Originally posted by bthom04 on Nov 14, 2015

I remember matching 3 balls when the jackpot was won in VA and thought I won at least a desirable prize, but nope, $5.00!

I just cashed my ticket in and was surprised I received $50 back... I thought the clerk made a mistake..lol I thought it was only $5-10 bucks for matching 3 white balls and one mega ball

morgothaod's avatarmorgothaod

It makes me sick

Quote: Originally posted by morgothaod on Nov 14, 2015

It makes me sick

lol Why?

Next drawing can possibly be your turn to win!

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by Erzulieredeyes on Nov 14, 2015

lol Why?

"Next drawing can possibly be your turn to win!"

Nice thought but not likely.

morgothaod's avatarmorgothaod

Quote: Originally posted by Erzulieredeyes on Nov 14, 2015

lol Why?

I have been practicing the "law of attraction."  In my room, I have a cork board with a filled out lottery winner claim form, my future house, my future car, etc.  Each day I listened to "The Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase's WWF theme song.  I said to myself, I HAVE $200 million dollars!  Then I find out that I did not win!!!  I'm so sick right now. Puke

travelintrucker's avatartravelintrucker

Congratulations to the winner! Hopefully, I'll follow a Classic Lotto win tonight!

Drenick1's avatarDrenick1

Quote: Originally posted by zephbe on Nov 14, 2015

Wonder if it is the same person who played two tickets with different mega balls?

Congrats to the winner :)

I don't think so. The wining ticket was a QP.

rcbbuckeye's avatarrcbbuckeye

I have been practicing the "law of attraction."  In my room, I have a cork board with a filled out lottery winner claim form, my future house, my future car, etc.  Each day I listened to "The Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase's WWF theme song.  I said to myself, I HAVE $200 million dollars!  Then I find out that I did not win!!!  I'm so sick right now. Puke

To come back down to earth and reality, just look up the odds of winning on whatever game you wish to play.

It's fun to play and think about winning a jackpot, but it's foolish to get your hopes up too high.

jjtheprince

Then explain how it's way too easy to win for those who do win.

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

ArizonaDream's avatarArizonaDream

1. Think like a Cubs fan, "there's always next year" or next month, next week, next Tuesday.

2.  If it was only as simple as having a vision board and visualizing, there would be multiple jackpot winners every week. If I knew the all the answers, I would have won months ago. But I keep reading, trying to meditate, clear my mind and release subconcious blocks.  I think the key is releasing doubt, fear, and feelings of desparation. Don't try to impose a fixed timeframe for things to happen. 

jjtheprince

Yeah it sucks!!!

We are alike, I play HARD and have for years and even play trends and haven't gotten my big hitter yet.  You and I deserve to get our big hitters soon.

Itsonly$

I thought this jackpot would roll over but, not this time or this year.

So far this year there have been 8 jackpot winners and none have been close to $300 million.

Maybe they should tweak the matrix to 6/75-1/15 so they could get some BIGGER jackpots.

That's it for the big jackpots for 2015 and maybe 2016 will be the year of the BILLION dollar jackpot.

travelintrucker's avatartravelintrucker

That would be sweet!

mikeintexas's avatarmikeintexas

I sat next to him in my freshman yr. speech class at (the then named) West Texas State U.  Nice guy and last I heard, he was an evangelist.   His dad was "Iron Man Mike" Dibiase.

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Nov 14, 2015

"Next drawing can possibly be your turn to win!"

Nice thought but not likely.

lol gotta stay positive.. You never know! :)

If you want to enjoy an abundant life and have the ''fancy'' house and cars, then all you need to do is stop focusing on negative thoughts, like being disappointed because you haven't won this drawings Mega Millions and start to focus on thoughts that make you feel good. Be grateful and appreciate the things you have now in life and and you will see your reality shift toward receiving those luxury materials.

And if you've been practicing the law of attraction then you know to not speak or think of any negativity into your life and keep positive to send those good vibrations into the universe! And just because you want those luxuries immediately doesn't mean you'll get them immediately, they'll come to you when the time is right and it may not come in the form of a lottery ticket, you may have to change something in your life and work a little harder to reach for the rich material luxuries you  seek -- even if that means going back to school or working over time, finding a better paying job..etc. 

Or......... it may come from an inheritance or lawsuit..lol   - I'm just saying, don't expect the lottery to be your only form of hope to your riches. I'm sure MOST of us here on lotterypost has tried the law of attraction and none of  us here to my knowledge have won ''yet'' either. 
if I was able to perfect the LOA then I'd be hitting Powerball and Mega Millions EVERY drawing lol

Quote: Originally posted by Itsonly$ on Nov 14, 2015

I thought this jackpot would roll over but, not this time or this year.

So far this year there have been 8 jackpot winners and none have been close to $300 million.

Maybe they should tweak the matrix to 6/75-1/15 so they could get some BIGGER jackpots.

That's it for the big jackpots for 2015 and maybe 2016 will be the year of the BILLION dollar jackpot.

I agree. 2016 will be the year for ''bigger'' jackpots. I think the lottery wanted it this way. They purposely didn't give us too big of jackpots because we were getting used to seeing them and people weren't playing as much until they got to world breaking jackpots, they want us to get excited again about their jackpots.

I don't think a billion dollar jackpot will be  around till after 2016, maybe 2017-2018, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a jackpot nearing $700 M or more.

And I predict a lotterypost member will hit one of the 2016 jackpots.........starting with me! lol

music*'s avatarmusic*

I will live my life as if I had won a jackpot.  Eat right, exercise more, live on a budget, keep friends and family close and in mind. All of those take time, to relearn and then try again. 

When I win then the next day I will be the same person but with more money.This change will require more than wishes. Wishes are childlike. Plans are made by adults who follow through with life.

It is back to playing MM & PB and enjoy the experience.

SergeM's avatarSergeM

Good someone is lucky there, around here it is a bit like the world is on fire with Friday 13th.

RedStang's avatarRedStang

Quote: Originally posted by ArizonaDream on Nov 14, 2015

1. Think like a Cubs fan, "there's always next year" or next month, next week, next Tuesday.

2.  If it was only as simple as having a vision board and visualizing, there would be multiple jackpot winners every week. If I knew the all the answers, I would have won months ago. But I keep reading, trying to meditate, clear my mind and release subconcious blocks.  I think the key is releasing doubt, fear, and feelings of desparation. Don't try to impose a fixed timeframe for things to happen. 

I think like a Mets fan. It's never happening.

sanman$

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Nov 14, 2015

I think like a Mets fan. It's never happening.

When I buy a PB or MM ticket I always say, 'give me the winning ticket' and I wear a shirt that says, 'all I do is win'.

golfer1960's avatargolfer1960

Quote: Originally posted by hearsetrax on Nov 14, 2015

curious bit of trivia thar,Todd Thumbs Up

You sound like me now Trax!!!

Have one on me!

crying tissues

sully16's avatarsully16

Friday the 13th, Lucky day in Ohio, Congrats to the winner.

mypiemaster's avatarmypiemaster

Any day is a lucky day. You just have to pick the right numbers.

bigbear29

Question jj, how do you know it was easy for the lottery winners to win?  How long have they been playing the lottery?  Is it their first time playing the lottery?  Do you know?

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story