$49M Texas Mega Millions jackpot claimed by trust

Nov 18, 2016, 3:58 pm (16 comments)

Mega Millions

By Todd Northrop

AUSTIN — The $49 million Mega Millions lottery jackpot won in Texas this past October was claimed this week by a trust, effectively keeping the real winner anonymous.

The trust is humorously titled, "It Will Buy Me a Boat Revocable Trust Dated November 16, 2016".  Garon R. Horton, an attorney from the Horton Law Firm in Rockwall, is the Trustee.

The winning Mega Millions numbers drawn on Oct. 11, 2016, were 36, 39, 42, 45, and 48, with Mega Ball number 3.

The claimant selected the cash value option at the time of purchase and will receive $32,343,234.00.

For selling the jackpot-winning ticket, the Quicktrip, located at 12631 Lake June Rd. in Balch Springs, is eligible to receive a $490,000 retailer bonus.

The claimant requested minimum publicity, which the Texas Lottery offers to its big winners.

Mega Millions is played by picking five different numbers from one to 75 and one number from one to 15. To win the Mega Millions jackpot, players must match all six numbers drawn including the Mega Ball. Players matching fewer numbers may not win the jackpot, but still walk away big winners. By choosing the Megaplier for $1 more per play, players can multiply their non-jackpot winnings by two, three, four or five times, winning as much as $5 million.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

Drenick1's avatarDrenick1

Nice! Hope they enjoy their new found wealth.

LottoAce's avatarLottoAce

Quote: Originally posted by Drenick1 on Nov 18, 2016

Nice! Hope they enjoy their new found wealth.

"claimed this week by a trust, effectively keeping the real winner anonymous."

May they anonymously enjoy thier new found wealth.

Drenick1's avatarDrenick1

Quote: Originally posted by LottoAce on Nov 18, 2016

"claimed this week by a trust, effectively keeping the real winner anonymous."

May they anonymously enjoy thier new found wealth.

I agree! It will keep the majority of the beggars at bay but the most determined parasites will eventually unveil their real identity....not that it will do them any good especially if the winner decides to purchase a home in a guard gated private community.

music*'s avatarmusic*

Happy Boating!!   "Buying a boat is the first happy event and selling the boat is the second".

Congratulations to the winner. Party

sully16's avatarsully16

Congrats to the lucky winner.

sookie's avatarsookie

I love the name of that trust!

TheMeatman2005's avatarTheMeatman2005

Happy spending

Groppo's avatarGroppo

Congratulations to the winner. I sure do wish I had won part of that.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Cheers

Very Nice!

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Type lucky buzzard/s

WinWinChicDin

Congrats....

Now just sitting here waiting for my turn. I wish pa allowed us to claim behind a blind trust.

cbr$'s avatarcbr$
Claiming this jackpot anonymously sound great. Congratulation to people
behind the trust fund. Nice story.          Party
Tatototman65's avatarTatototman65

Congrats!!!

Smile

LottoAce's avatarLottoAce

Quote: Originally posted by TheMeatman2005 on Nov 18, 2016

Happy spending

Break Out Another Thousand!

Soledad

How about the $490,000 retailer bonus, wow. Nice to sell a jackpot winning ticket; all around.

golfer1960's avatargolfer1960

Quote: Originally posted by TheMeatman2005 on Nov 18, 2016

Happy spending

One of my favorite songs Meatman! I wonder if Chris Janson won it? Thanks for the video!

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story