Welcome Guest
The time is now 12:02 am
You last visited July 24, 2014, 12:01 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Open Source Lottery Software

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 9 years ago by jsk2001.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #11761
February 23, 2005
174 Posts
Posted: February 24, 2005, 11:34 am - IP Logged

I'm working on a lottery program in C#.NET and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Right now it is mainly for mega millions. So far i can generate all the combinations for 3, 4, and 5 balls. Allows importing of draws direct from mega millions, Texas Cash 5, and Powerball websites. It supports a dozen or so filters. I got the 5 ball combination down to 1.1 from 2.6 million combinations and probably can go lower.

Also, if anyone is interested in testing let me know.

thanks

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: February 24, 2005, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I am interested in testing, I will send a P.M. with my email address to you.

Thank you much.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

SirMetro's avatar - center
      East of Atlanta
      United States
      Member #6191
      August 11, 2004
      1388 Posts
      Posted: February 24, 2005, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

If you need a comprehensive list of every megaball number that has been drawn since it was first started, let me know...can send it to you in either plain text or excel format (been roughly 800 games to date).

Sir Metro

United States
        Member #11761
        February 23, 2005
        174 Posts
        Posted: February 24, 2005, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Currently the software only works with .NET 2.0 beta, so unless you have that you won't be able to test. But i would still appreciate any other tips or features you would like.

I have already obtained the past drawings from mega millions website and the program saves and loads them in XML format.

Source Code

Here is a file that contains 3 text files of 3,4,5 ball combinations.

Combinations

If there is interest i can post the filtered files.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: March 11, 2005, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

Jeff

I downloaded and installed .NET 2.0 beta into my old Win98SE Pc and then your program LottoPicker and also installed it. It installed, but there is no documentation at all and I do get a lot of exception errors when trying some things out.

Also I don't know anything about the .Net 2.0 beta, Do I have to do something to it before I use your program?

Why don't you make some documentation? And or make an Ms Exel version that I can use with Exel97.

About filters, it seems to have some, but I have no idea how to use your program, all that I can do is load the MegaMillions and other games' numbers into the program, but that is of no use at all and also when I try to do somethings either nothing happens or I get errors.

What's up? I guess that you used .Net 2 because this way people can work together with the program on the Internet?

Which other programming languages do you know how to use?

Maybe Phyton and basic ? There is a free Phyton on the net for download and visual basic doppelgangers.

RJOH here uses good old simple GWBasic with line numbers and all and then compiles it with QuickBasic, he uses filters also.

RJOH won't share, so maybe talk to Stoopendal, look for his old post here on this forum or use the search feature and them send him a P.M.

Also I want to know about your filters, tell me about them in detail, I want to know what they do and how, also I want to know how to use your program.

Thank you.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            17729 Posts
            Posted: March 11, 2005, 6:10 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by LANTERN on March 11, 2005

RJOH here uses good old simple GWBasic with line numbers and all and then compiles it with QuickBasic, he uses filters also.

RJOH won't share, so maybe talk to Stoopendal, look for his old post here on this forum or use the search feature and them send him a P.M.

I've shared my ideas and have even posted some program routines, I'm just not in the business of providing lottery programs, I figured if someone really wants a lottery program there are plenty of websites that allow them to down load one.

RJOh

* you don't need more tickets * 
            * just the right ticket * 
               Wink 

United States
              Member #11761
              February 23, 2005
              174 Posts
              Posted: March 12, 2005, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

I released a new version today and made some screenshots.

I will release a installer when the .NET 2.0 goes final release which unfortunately won't happen till summer.

Screen1

Screen2

Screen3

Screen4

Source Code 300kb

United States
                Member #11761
                February 23, 2005
                174 Posts
                Posted: March 12, 2005, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

One more screenshot

Screen5

Here is some documentation.

The lottery software is mainly used to manage your numbers and look for patterns.

You just start up the program and load the past drawings from the mega millions website using the import tool.

Analyze the drawing results (right now mainly look at the numbers yourself and use ) but the analyze tool is still being worked on to make charts and graphs. Then use the lottery wheel or play slip to add your picks.

Use the filters on the drawing history to determine the values for the filters and then apply them to your picks.

You can save your picks and drawings into a file for loading later (i save a file for each drawing mm-3-11-05).

There is also web service support which right now can let you connect to my website and give you random numbers. In the future it will let you get current jackpots and make predictions like on lottery post.

Thats it for now, should help anyone get started testing the program.