Welcome Guest
The time is now 3:47 pm
You last visited November 25, 2014, 3:22 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ion Saliu's Software

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 9 years ago by rowdy117.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Chicago
United States
Member #17364
June 17, 2005
24 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2005, 12:18 am - IP Logged

What do you think of Ion Saliu's software packages?

Seek first to understand

rowdy117's avatar - image php?u=2413&dateline=1135265132
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #12466
    March 14, 2005
    29 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2005, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

I have studied these for years now.  I am very sold on them.  You can reduce your odds by a factor proportional to the number of filters that you use.

If you use just a few filters, you can reduce your odds significantly and still get hits frequently.  If you use more filters, you can get just a handful of combinations to play, but you will get your hits more infrequently.  I think the best way to have success is to try to guess certain filter values in the next draw.  His systems are a lot better than any hot/cold systems that I have seen.  Most people find it to be too complicated.  The weakness of his programs are that they do not handle the databases very effectively.  I use Lotto Pro and Visual Basic to edit and create the databases automatically.

Also, people are not likely to be comfortable in a DOS environment.  His programs are not very "pretty".  He developed them in Powerbasic for speed.

The tutorial in MDIEditor and LottoWE is a good place to start.  Once you grasp that, try the 32 bit DOS programs.  As a person, he is a very odd character.  If you email him, he probably wont respond.  Then again, his software is free.

In general, I highly recommend this software.  If you are willing to spend some time learning, then you will find that it is very effective.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2005, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

Do you win boxed or straight and how many combos per draw in the average would you say that you would have to play and how many draws wouild you play to win 1 time in the average and would it be boxed or straight ?

Any info at all might help.

And have you ever determined what filters he uses, or is it done blindly, with out knowing the filters used other than by the names that he gives to them, such Ion this and Ion that etc.

Thank for any help.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
        Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2005, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

I am interested because of the filters, being a user of filters myself.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

London
          United Kingdom
          Member #9904
          December 27, 2004
          12 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2005, 12:39 am - IP Logged

Download Pick 632. It is more poweful than Mdied as it uses many layers. It requires considerable effort on your part to master it, but it is well worth your while. His software relegates all other lottery software into the trash can. Do not ever consider wheeling numbers which is so prevalent in the lottery community because it is like building a Jumbo jet out of cast iron and expecting it to fly. Should you ever win the great prize consider donating a portion of it to Saliu as he deserves it.

Chicago
            United States
            Member #17364
            June 17, 2005
            24 Posts
            Posted: July 8, 2005, 10:06 am - IP Logged

Would you be willing to provide assistance in understanding how to use his software?

I've been experimenting with the Pick332 package for a few weeks. That's how I found this site.

I've read the tuts and a slew of info on his website but there's still things I don't understand. Some of the program funtions aren't explained very well.

For instance; What are layers? What is the difference between the layers? How can I use them to improve my chances of winning?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rowdy,

Would you be willing to share your method of database management?

Seek first to understand

Tennessee
              United States
              Member #12466
              March 14, 2005
              29 Posts
              Posted: July 8, 2005, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Lantern,

To the best of my knowledge, his systems apply mostly to straight bets.  That doesnt mean that someone out there may have come up with some strategy to use boxed bets.  As far as what filters he plays.  He gives some example strategies.  In the winning reports you will find a row called the median.  Go through and find all filter values in each column that are extremely high or low compared to the median.  For example, 3 or 4 or more times higher or a small fraction lower.  Try putting a min on a very larger filter value, or a max on the the very small filter.  Choose one filter as start.  For instance, is Pr has a median of 20, and you see values of 100 or 200, then set Pr min=100(or 200).  Just that one filter alone narrows down 1000 combinations to maybe 60 or so.  Maybe less with Prmin=200.  Now you have a start strategy.  This will however eliminate several rows in the strategy checking because it doesnt happen very frequently.  This is not a problem.  Patience will be rewarded.  Now to continue with the strategy.  Add a few more filters in the rows you have left.  Lets say with the rows left you have values in the Vr column like 1,5,2,3,0,0.  Set VrMax=6.  This will shave off a few more combinations without eliminating any more rows.  Do the same with a few more filters.  When you are finished, you will have a strategy to play.  One question that comes up is how many filters to use.  Try your strategy on OTHER LOTTERIES OR JUST RANDOM NUMBERS.  He gives you a good random number generator.  If you strategy works great in your own lottery but not in others or random numbers, then you probably used too many filters. 

Nanook,

He posted once on how the layers work.  I hope I remember it correctly.  Basically, in the first layer, you calculate the filters starting with the most recent draw.  If memory serves, Layer 2 starts the filter calculations at about 200 draws back, Layer 3 at 300 draws back and so forth.  The filters work the same as I explained above, regardless of the layer.  The layers just give you more choices.  If you are a beginner, dont worry about the other layers just yet.  Try concentrating on just layer 1.  As far as the database, I use Lotto Pro to update the draws.  This is done with a double click on an icon and download the latest database.  Then I use a Visual Basic program to pull out the database from the .dbf files and sort them backwards with the latest draw at the top of the list.  Then I append the random draws or what he calls the Sim file onto it.  Now I have automatically created the database in the form required for his programs.  It is done automatically.  You can do the same thing in Excel if you wish.  Just open the .dbf file from Lotto Pro into Excel.  Sort by Drawdate(latest first), eliminate the Drawdate and the column headers.  Save as a .txt file, like Data-3.txt.  The trick now is to open the Data.txt file in the old Dos edit programs and MAKE SURE THAT ALL SPACES ON THE END ARE DELETED.  Pick the last draw and hit the delete key a few times and save as Data-3 without the .txt extension.  Now use his utilities to combine the Data-3 with the Sim-3 to get the D3 file and your done. 

Yes, I would be happy to help with any other questions.

Tennessee
                United States
                Member #12466
                March 14, 2005
                29 Posts
                Posted: July 8, 2005, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

One more idea.  For the Lotto5 and Lotto6 games.  Look at Three1max=1 or Four1max=2.  This is an extremely rare event.  It is when three or four numbers repeat in consecutive draws.  It may happen once a year.  However, this setting is such a powerful filter that it may produce only about 50 combinations.  $100.00 a week or more is too much to spend for most.  Try pooling your resources with coworkers or friends.  This requires a tremendous amount of patience, but it is worth the wait!

we;reallwinners's avatar - praying hands.jpg

United States
                  Member #12416
                  March 13, 2005
                  564 Posts
                  Posted: July 9, 2005, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

I have tried to download that program many times and must be doing something wrong.  Is there a trick to it, or am I just computer challenged?  any suggestions would be appreciated.......it does look like it's worth while......Luck to all!!!!!

I'm glad I found "fellow lottonuts" to chat with........... ;-)

Hiding Behind Computerbe vewyvewy quiet, WewHuntingNumbers

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                    Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #2218
                    September 1, 2003
                    4549 Posts
                    Posted: July 9, 2005, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

We;reallwinners,

If you are using Pick332.exe:

1. Add a new folder to your c: drive (or whatever letter designation you call it) and name it Pick332

2. Go to Ion's Website and right click Pick332.exe and select Save Link As, Find your new folder you created in step 1 you named Pick332 and select that folder then click save.

3. Open your Pick332 folder and double click the file and it will unzip all the files into this folder.

When you finish this I will show you how to open the program.

wsls

we;reallwinners's avatar - praying hands.jpg

United States
                      Member #12416
                      March 13, 2005
                      564 Posts
                      Posted: July 10, 2005, 3:00 am - IP Logged

thanx winsumlosesome......I will try that.....Good Luck to you.....

Hiding Behind Computerbe vewyvewy quiet, WewHuntingNumbers

Chicago
                        United States
                        Member #17364
                        June 17, 2005
                        24 Posts
                        Posted: July 20, 2005, 11:24 am - IP Logged

rowdy,

Do you happen to know what this means?

*** Be careful when typing the file names!
                         *** It's better to accept the defaults: Press <Enter>!

... Press <Spacebar> to resume the program ...

I get this, all of a sudden, when I try to check a strategy in the pick532 package.

I've allready tried rebooting the PC and re-installing the files with no sucess.

Seek first to understand

Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #2218
                          September 1, 2003
                          4549 Posts
                          Posted: July 20, 2005, 11:37 am - IP Logged

Nanook,

It is possible that your Data-5 and/or D3 files need to be checked for errors.

You can run the utilities program and "Parse" your Data-5 and D5 files for errors.  The Parsed files are saved as a new file name(s).

Once your finished Parsing your files open the Editor, locate the Data-5 and D5 Parsed Files to see if there are any errors.

If you still have a problem let me know.  You may have to email me your Data-5 file so I can look at it.

wsls

Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #2218
                            September 1, 2003
                            4549 Posts
                            Posted: July 20, 2005, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Do you happen to know what this means?

*** Be careful when typing the file names!
                             *** It's better to accept the defaults: Press <Enter>!

... Press <Spacebar> to resume the program ...

The default file is usually D5. 

This is your Data-5 (drawing history files) combined with the Sim-5 (simulated draws).

The D5 file should contain the recommended number of drawings.

Follow these instructions:

1.  Create new folder on your "C": drive (whatever designation you use) and name it Pick532

2.  Download the Zip file into this new folder you namedC:\Pick532

3.  Open open this folder and double -click the Zip file to Unzip all the files into the Pick532 folder.

4.  Close the folder Pick532

5.  Find the C:\ command prompt: (Start>Programs>Accessories>C:\Command Prompt

6.  You should now be in DOS.

7.  You should see a C: with a blinking cursor (or whatever letter designation you use for your hard drive)

8.  If you don't see the c:\  do the following;

Type in CD C:\

You should now see the C:\

9.  Enter this next to the C:\

CD Pick532  (CD means change directory)

10.  You should now see C:\Pick532

11.  Type in 5

12.  Press Enter

13.  This should open the Pick532 program.

14.  Press the esc (escape key to get out of the tutorial/help file

As I mentioned in the previous post.

1.  Make sure you have an error-free Data-5 file.  (use the Parse program

2.  Create the recommended Sim-5 (simulated) drawings

3.  Combine the Data-5 and the Sim-5 drawings into 1 file and use the default file name D5.

mymonie's avatar - binary

United States
                              Member #14434
                              April 25, 2005
                              60 Posts
                              Posted: July 20, 2005, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

Winsumloosesum's,  have you used the meieditor program any for the pick three?  When I click on optimize it take about a minuter for the filter screen to open.  You have any suggestions why it would take this long to open?