Welcome Guest
You last visited December 20, 2014, 12:51 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Massachusetts Season Tickets

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 9 years ago by goldrush.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Australia
Member #17096
June 11, 2005
225 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2005, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

I renewed my Massachusetts Season Tickets today for another year. I don't live in the state, it costs a few dollars extra, as they send them by UPS; they can't send them by US Mail. I wasn't sure if I should bother for another year, I haven't won anything over the last year, but you never know, if you are not in you can't win.

FLORIDA
    United States
    Member #5364
    July 1, 2004
    88 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2005, 3:26 pm - IP Logged
    Did you originally fill out the play slip in state or did someone do it for you?

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2005, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

You can call the lottery and buy them from anywhere. You can play Megabucks, Cash Winfall, and Mass Cash. What game did you play?

(insert signature here)

Australia
        Member #17096
        June 11, 2005
        225 Posts
        Posted: July 8, 2005, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

I play on of each. I called the lottery and and just asked to renew my numbers for another year. You can change your numbers, choose them yourself or do a quic-pic and the computer pick them for you. It's a toll free number, but they do charge to ship the tickets. For out of state tickets they can't use the post office.

FLORIDA
          United States
          Member #5364
          July 1, 2004
          88 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2005, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

I play on of each. I called the lottery and and just asked to renew my numbers for another year. You can change your numbers, choose them yourself or do a quic-pic and the computer pick them for you. It's a toll free number, but they do charge to ship the tickets. For out of state tickets they can't use the post office.

I called today and  asked about Mega-millions and was informed by a woman that she "Could not deal with out of state people"Mad 

Anyone have any idea why? She didn't say anything after that just introduced me to the click of the telephone line.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11334 Posts
            Posted: July 8, 2005, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

you might have to call back and give it another shot.or maybe it might be best to leave it alone.....

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              21652 Posts
              Posted: July 8, 2005, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions tickets cannot be mailed across state line, which is why she can't deal with you.  Frankly, I'm surprised they can get away with selling regular Mass lottery tickets across state lines.  I don't think it's legal.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

FLORIDA
                United States
                Member #5364
                July 1, 2004
                88 Posts
                Posted: July 8, 2005, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions tickets cannot be mailed across state line, which is why she can't deal with you.  Frankly, I'm surprised they can get away with selling regular Mass lottery tickets across state lines.  I don't think it's legal.

Thanks for the heads up Todd! I appreciate that bit of information.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                  Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11334 Posts
                  Posted: July 8, 2005, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

the last thing they would need would be something similar to texas where the state lottery commission starts getting a bunch of charges and accusations.....

United States
                    Member #379
                    June 5, 2002
                    11296 Posts
                    Posted: July 8, 2005, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

I don't recommend Mega$uck$ because the jackpot is still annuity-only.

Australia
                      Member #17096
                      June 11, 2005
                      225 Posts
                      Posted: July 9, 2005, 9:20 am - IP Logged

Are you sure you called the right state lottery? It's the Massachusetts lottery.

Check the information on the website  http://www.masslottery.com/SeasonTickets.htm

FLORIDA
                        United States
                        Member #5364
                        July 1, 2004
                        88 Posts
                        Posted: July 9, 2005, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

Are you sure you called the right state lottery? It's the Massachusetts lottery.

Check the information on the website  http://www.masslottery.com/SeasonTickets.htm

Yes, I sure did, Todd in a previous message answered why they wouldn't for Mega Millions in my case.

Australia
                          Member #17096
                          June 11, 2005
                          225 Posts
                          Posted: July 11, 2005, 11:30 am - IP Logged

One of the good things about the lottery in SC is that the money is earmarked for education, some say it is just another tax. But at the same time SC residents were playing accross the border in Georgia. So now the money is staying in the state. NC followed suit as its residents were crossing the border to SC to play. Georgia has done well with their lottery. If you are a B student in high school in Georgia. Your garanteed four years of college through lottery money.

USA
                            United States
                            Member #1849
                            July 15, 2003
                            265 Posts
                            Posted: July 11, 2005, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

I spoke to some at Mass Lotto about this. They can sell their own tickets to anyone, anywhere, they cannot mail them because it's illegal so they UPS or Airborne etc..  them. LOL. Talk about following the letter of the law. I live in CT and I was a subscriber to the Mass Lotto for 2 years. Never won anything but the cool part is that said they will contact you if you win so in my opinion this one the better deals around. I like the fact that they will notify me. Cool. They cannot send Mega Millions anywhere nor can they sell to residents of other states because they do not own that lottery, they are only a participating state they have to follow the rules. The key to that is that if Mass starting selling to CT, CT would have reason to join Mega Millions. Powerball and MegaMillions are always trying to entice other states to join so they have to keep the lottery in the borders of the states that have joined. Any state lottery could technically sell their tickets to residents in any other states, the trick is how they deliver them the physical tickets. Mass has been doing this for years for no legal challenges that I am aware of? My guess is that most state lotteries will one day follow suit and do something similiar.

Goldrush - I think that is awesome, four years college for Georgia students becuase of lotto, very nice.

Australia
                              Member #17096
                              June 11, 2005
                              225 Posts
                              Posted: July 17, 2005, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

State lotteries are just like raffles that many charities hold. The only difference is that many more people play and the prizes are bigger. Yes, people can abuse lotteries and spend too much money on them, but that applies to everything else on the planet. It is better that people spend too much on lotteries, rather than cigarettes or alcohol. Lotteries will not give you lung cancer or liver disease. With lotteries, the local community benefits, not faceless corporations.